Livewire 11.01

randy

Livewire 11.01

Post by randy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:51 am

Livewire - January 18, 2022 (Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan)

We cut backstage where we find GCW Hall of Fame journalist Janice King (just ask her, she’ll tell you all about it). Standing to her right is the now former GCW Global Champion “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. She is decked out in a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit.

Janice: I am Janice King, a Hall of Fame Journalist…the first ever, might I add…and with me at this time is my guest, “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. Now Julia, the final week of 2021 did not turn out the way you had hoped. You began that week with losing the GCW Global Championship to Kelsai Adamson-Mason thanks to outside interference from Adrian Waters. Are you at all surprised that she received help from Waters?

Braddock chuckles.

Julia: First of all, congratulations Kelsai. You said you would do anything to win and become champion and you did it. I’m not surprised that you stooped to those lows. And no, I’m not even going to judge you for it or hold a grudge against you for it. I mean, I did the same thing once. My first world championship, I took the cheap way out to get it. At the time I didn’t care because I was champion. That’s all that mattered. But years later when I began fighting for my second world title, I realized I wanted to win it the right way. I would be willing to bet that when you lose your title, that later on down the road…it may be a few months, or a few years…but down the road when you try to win your second major world title, you will regret your actions and want to win it the right way. But for now congratulations. Enjoy it while it lasts because you won it at the wrong time; Resurrection season. Everyone is going to be hunting you because everyone wants to be in the main event of Resurrection and you can only get in the main event by being the champion or by winning the Civil War…

She looks back at Janice.

Julia: …and THAT, Janice, is my current goal. I’m not going to invoke a rematch clause. I want to get back to the top but I want to do it the same way I did it last year. I also want to do something that has not been done ever in GCW…and was rarely done in the entire history of the match itself which includes GDW history as well...I want to win a second Civil War Match, and it would be a back to back win at that if I pull it off. Here’s a little history lesson for you and everyone else. Only three individuals have ever won more than one Civil War Match…Andreas Lasiewicz, Angela Jameson, and Charles Kessler. And only one person, Angela Jameson, won back to back Civil War Matches. I fully intend to add my name to that elite list. I won last year’s Civil War Match, when I win this year’s Civil War Match I put my name into the history books.

Janice starts to talk but Julia holds up her hand to silence her.

Julia: Before you say ANYTHING, Janice, let me just say that this isn’t about my family’s legacy. Every major failure in my career came about because I tried too hard to live up to someone else’s standards. Last year I won the Civil War Match, defeated the unbeatable Lenore Price-Mason, and became GCW Global Champion all because I was trying to create MY OWN NAME, MY OWN LEGACY, MY OWN IMPACT! I wasn’t trying to live up to the expectations of the Braddock legacy. Why would I try to live up to the legacy of a family that never cared for me? All last year has been about creating my own legacy and leaving my own mark upon this industry. I am not ashamed of my run as champion. 140 days was a hell of a run and now, I will enter the Civil War Match, place in the Civil War Match, and get a title match. And hell, maybe I will win it again and main event Resurrection for a second straight year? But if I do it won’t be for the Braddock name or the Noel name or any other name. It won’t be for anyone else’s legacy. It will be for one person…

She points at herself.

Julia: …me. It’s how I’ve been living my life this past year. I live up to MY standards. I play by my rules. I fight for no particular person or family. I am not a Queen and I do not represent any particular royal family. I fight for Julia Braddock. I fight for Chastity. I fight for me. And anyone who wants to get in my way, I will punch them in the damn throat. If anyone wants to make the mistake of thinking that they can make a name for themselves at my expense just because of my accidental relationship to someone named Braddock, they are going to realize that they picked a fight with the wrong bitch. But by all means, come at me, I will kick their ass. I will kick the collective asses of anyone who stands in my way at Civil War.

She looks at the camera and smirks.

Julia: So if you’re feeling lucky, if you want a fight, then give it your best shot. But I’m warning you right now that I am through playing nice. I am finished playing softball. I am done playing any kind of ‘ball’, what is going to happen if anyone comes at me is they are going to get their ass whipped and then I will take that ball and shove it up their ass! And as the entire roster already knows, I am not hard to find. I am more committed to the fight, to this company, than anyone else. You can find me on Shotgun, you can find me on Livewire, and if you really feel froggy you can even show up on Fever and you’ll find me there. I’ll fight three times in a damn month if I have to. And I do this not for the Braddock legacy, I don’t do it for some royalty, I do it because I enjoy it. I do it because I am the best damn fighter and best damn wrestler in this company and I enjoy going out there and proving it week in and week out. And I always take it up a notch at Resurrection season. I raise more hell at Resurrection season. We have entered the first stage of Resurrection season, which is the Civil War, and I am going to raise some hell in the Civil War, I am going to do my damndest to win the Civil War, and take my rightful spot in the main event of Resurrection.

Julia gently slaps Janice across the face.

Julia: You have any more questions?

Janice: Noo….

Julia: Smart girl.

Braddock walks off.

---

Travis Vessey vs Hannah Myers
[Hannah ducks a clothesline attempt and then snaps off a quick dropkick followed by a flying forearm smash. Hannah with a spinning heel kick. Hannah with a superkick. Vessey tumbles to the outside. Hannah with a suicide dive taking out Vessey. She rolls him back into the ring. Hannah with a springboard senton. Hannah covers but Vessey kicks out at two. Hannah whips Vessey in but lowers her head too early and Vessey makes her pay with a kick to the face followed up by a snap tiger suplex. Vessey applies a cross-legged stf. Hannah reaches the ropes. Vessey with a snap suplex and then a Northern Lights Suplex with a bridge for a cover and a two. Vessey goes for another suplex but Hannah floats over and then connects with a dropkick followed by a bulldog takedown. Hannah goes up to the top and leaps off but Vessey catches her coming off with a dropkick to the midsection. Vessey connects with Lethal Weapon. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Travis Vessey

---

We cut to the backstage area. There we find Julia Braddock walking through the halls. She finds her good friend and fellow Braddock Wrestling School graduate Destiny Skye as she prepares for her match later on tonight against Rayola Davine. Braddock approaches Destiny and taps her on the shoulder. Destiny turns around and smiles warmly upon seeing her good friend.

Destiny: Jules! How the hell are you, mate?

Destiny and Julia embrace in a tight hug. Upon breaking the embrace Julia nods her head.

Julia: I’m great, all things considered.

Destiny: Yeah, I heard what you had to say earlier. I was kind of surprised that you didn’t invoke your rematch.

Julia: Well it’s good to know that I have it but you know what? Let her have the championship, for now. My focus right now is on winning a second straight Civil War Match. The first time its been done since the 2011 and 2012 Civil War Matches.

Skye nods her head.

Destiny: I also heard what you had to say about why you want to do this, about why you’re fighting.

Julia: Yes and that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. You’re just as close to the Braddock legacy as I am. Lucky you, you weren’t born into it. To some degree you have some detachment from the legacy but me? I have always had to work extra hard to make a name for myself, to make my own mark upon this industry. I stepped outside of my sister’s shadow when I won the match last year. But people still want to paint me as just another Braddock. And that’s what this is all about, mate. I still love my family, I still love my sister, so it isn’t meant as a disrespect to them or anyone else who came from the Braddock Wrestling School. But I…

Destiny nods her head and quickly interrupts.

Destiny: I understand, Jules. Look at me, I’m the woman who worked with Mason Van Stanton thinking that would help me escape the Braddock shadow. I made a mistake in my approach but I certainly understand and appreciate what you want to do. And let me tell you, you are doing it the right way. You’re aren’t doing anything shady, you aren’t using any cheap backstage politics, or trickery or the like, you are fighting for it all on your own with your own guts and determination. That’s how it needs to be done.

She frowns.

Destiny: But don’t be a fool, love. Look at how everyone is forming alliances…that brasser Page has Sutter and Gabby watching her back. You have The Alan Family, The McBride Corporation, and on and on. Don’t take on the world by yourself just to prove a point. If you need someone to watch your back, give me a ring.

Julia: I will. But you should focus on the X Division Champion.

Skye nods her head.

Destiny: Don’t worry, mate, I know how big this opportunity is for me. Rayola is coming off of unifying the X Division Title with the International Title. She is coming off a huge high. But I plan on taking her to new limits, and then I am going to bring her crashing down to reality. Because I am going to make my own Destiny starting tonight and who knows?

She chuckles and pats Julia on the back.

Destiny: Maybe I will spoil your Civil War plans and win that one too?

Julia: We’ll see. Good luck.

---

Adrian Waters & Tiffany Manning Vs The Atari Brothers
[Q-Bert and Pacman represent the Atari Brothers in this tag match. But it didn’t matter. Waters and Manning dominated throughout. It began with a beatdown of both in the early goings. When the referee regained order Adrian and Tiffany isolated Q-Bert. When Q-Bert finally managed a tag after a long time in the ring Pacman still didn’t fare much better. It ended with Adrian and Tiffany connecting with a spike tombstone on Pacman. Adrian covers…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Adrian Waters & Tiffany Manning

---

Pre-recorded…

The camera begins to roll and we are in a darkened, barely lit area inside some dank warehouse. A few moments pass and then ‘The Assassin’ Clyde Sutter steps into view from stage left. He is dressed mostly in black. He has a sinister grin on his face.

Sutter: Apologies for not being there in person. I do hope everyone is enjoying Livewire. I know I am going to enjoy sitting back and watching all of the proceedings. I get to watch two desperate individuals named Myers and Vessey try to avoid their respective downward spirals. I get to watch Adrian Waters and Tiffany Manning vainly attempt to look intimidating by slapping around a pair of worthless no talent hacks. I will definitely watch a former colleague of mine, Destiny Skye, try to revive her pathetic career against a champion named Rayola Davine, a champion who would not survive in the ring against me. I will be watching as Karen McBride tries to continue the momentum of the McBride Corporation’s hostile takeover against the brainless neanderthal of The Alan Family. Then I get to watch Eva Aguila, a little lady who hasn’t had her big moment in GCW yet, try to get that big moment at the expense of an entitled brat who finally realized that she has to take shortcuts because she just is too damn weak, no talented, and fake to achieve anything in her god damned pathetic life.

The Assassin chuckles nastily.

Sutter: And this is just a sampling of the competition that is facing me in the upcoming Civil War Match? Am I supposed to be impressed? All I feel is disgust because I see weakness and to win the Civil War Match you cannot be weak. You have to show strength. You have to be able to survive. But I have yet to meet a god damn soul in GCW who can survive me. Survive…you think of survive and you can’t help but think of natural selection, survival of the fittest which naturally leads to Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution. The weak naturally go extinct while the strong survive and when man foolishly tries to improve upon nature, bad things happen. Just look at what happens if you introduce a predator into an environment where it is the alpha, where it has no competition. Eventually all other prey slowly but surely goes extinct.

Clyde points to himself.

Sutter: I am that alpha predator and the weakness of Global Championship Wrestling will slowly but surely go extinct. It is a fact of life that everything has its appointed time. All of those who stand in my way in the Civil War Match, their appointed time for extinction just may come a little early. Because I am The Assassin, I am Clyde Sutter, and I am going to win the 2022 Civil War Match. And I will execute anyone who gets in my way.

The scene fades.

---

The scene comes up backstage with the new unified International X-Division champion Rayola Davine is backstage staring at her belt. She just looks at it in her hand for a moment and takes a deep breath.

Rayola: Was it all a lie? I was supposed to carry this division to another level. I wanted to make a difference in this company. In this business.

She continues looking at the title and shakes her head.

Rayola: It's all a dream isn't it? None of it ever happened really right? I'll wake up tomorrow and I achieved nothing still.

She looked to the camera now.

Rayola: So what does that mean? Tonight, I'm gonna do what I was supposed to do. I'm gonna go out, fight my match, represent this division the best I can as the champion. And whatever happens after will just be.

Rayola straps the belt to her waist.

Rayola: One more time.

She walks off with a somber attitude as the scene fades out.

---

Non Title
Destiny Skye Vs Rayola Devine

[Rayola and Destiny are evenly matched early on as they trade a fast paced offensive strikes. Rayola with a dropkick, a roundhouse kick, and a spinning clothesline. Destiny with a spinning heel kick and a flapjack. Rayola goes for a superkick but Destiny catches the foot and turns it into a calf-crusher. Rayola reaches the ropes. Destiny decides to change tactics into a technical based attack. Destiny with a dragon screw to Rayola. Destiny applies the Birmingham Cloverleaf. Rayola reaches the ropes. It was this moment that Rayola offered a sigh. She pounds the mat, clearly something is off with the current X-Division Champion.

Destiny goes for the Destiny Cutter but Rayola counters and connects with Needle and Thread. Rayola with Sunspot but Destiny kicks out. Rayola goes for a springboard but Destiny counters with a superkick. Destiny goes up top and goes for Skye High and connects for the cover but Rayola kicks out! Destiny has built up momentum. Usually Rayola doesn’t allow the down moments in a match to get to her, for some reason her energy is off.

Feeling empowered, Destiny goes for The Skye Is The Limit. She connects. Destiny makes the cover 1…2…3!
WINNER: Destiny Skye

Destiny does look shocked as her hand is raised. Rayola rolls out the ring clutching her ribs. D gets over the shock, starts celebrating. The time keeper walks over to Destiny to hand her the X-Division Championship. She accepts it reluctantly as she walks to the back with her head down.

---

We cut to the backstage area where we find GCW Hall of Fame journalist Dexter Russell. Standing to Dexter’s right are the reigning Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions, Karen McBride and Melanie McBride. Standing to Dexter’s left is their sister, Blair McBride.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Dexter Russell. My guests at this time are Blair McBride and her sisters, the reigning Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions Karen McBride and Blair McBride, collectively they are The McBride Corporation. Thank you for joining me, ladies.

Blair smirks.

Blair: The pleasure is all yours, Dex.

Dexter: Tonight I’d to touch on Karen McBride’s one on one match against Lester Sampson of The Alan Family.

Blair: Of course you would, because you are a journalist and you are thinking about the more immediate future. You are just thinking about what’s happening here and now. But The McBride Corporation thinks about the future. We are always two steps ahead of everyone else. And of course that includes Lester Sampson. You said it yourself, Dexter, he is a member of The Alan Family, whose figurehead, the infamous Matthew Alan, the evil genius himself, has returned from prison.

She chuckles.

Blair: It has become painfully clear that The McBride Corporation is not alone in its quest for a hostile takeover of Global Championship Wrestling. But if The Alan Family thinks that it can just walk right in and takeover then it has another thing coming.

Karen: That’s right, Blair. Lester, you and I have danced before. Remember Last Respects? On that night myself and Melanie beat you and Duke…along with Rising Tide and Fabulous to become the number one contenders for the tag team championship. And we haven’t looked back. We have been skyrocketing straight to the top ever since, first winning the GCW Global Tag Team Titles and then winning the GCW World Tag team Titles to become the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions.

She points a finger at the camera.

Karen: All after beating you. And tonight, I’m going to beat you again.

Melanie: And Dexter, sweetie, don’t forget what our sister Blair said earlier. We think two steps ahead of everyone else. We are not only thinking about tonight but we are also planning for the future. And that future includes a Civil War Match appearance for all three of us. The Civil War Match is that one special moment in this company’s calendar year when you can stamp your way into the history books. And on that one night The McBride Corporation could take a giant leap forward in our quest to complete the hostile takeover. If you don’t believe me then just do the math. There are three prizes up for grabs…a number one contender spot for our tag titles, a number one contender spot for either the X Division or Heritage title, and a number one contender spot for the world or global title. And there are three of us.

Melanie smirks.

Melanie: Watch as The McBride Corporation makes history at the Civil War. One of us will place, and if luck is on our side, all three of us will place, and we will OWN the Resurrection main event. Bank on that.

Melanie walks off with Karen and Blair following closely behind.

---

Karen McBride vs Lester Sampson
[Karen starts off by avoiding a lariat and then connecting with a jumping knee strike. Karen with a bicycle kick and then a spear finally brings down Lester. Karen locks in an anaconda vice. Lester makes it to the ropes. Karen with a figure four. Lester reaches the ropes. Karen with a single leg crab. Lester again reaches the ropes and this time pulls himself outside. Karen goes on the attack but is blocked by Duke Michaels. Melanie attacks Duke from behind, neutralizing him. The distraction allows Lester to come up from behind with a dead lift German suplex to Karen on the outside. Lester rolls her back into the ring. Lester with a gorilla press slam and then a spine buster. Lester with a belly to belly overhead suplex and a cover but only gets two. Lester with a running power slam. Lester applies a neck vice. Karen fights her way up to her feet and breaks the hold with elbows to the gut. Karen with a knee to the face. Karen locks in White Collar Crime. But Lester powers out of it, hoisting her up onto his shoulders and then connecting with The End Times. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Lester Sampson

---

The cameras cut to the backstage area. There we find journalist Janelle St. Claire. Next to her stands none other than Summer Collins and Jessica Lasiewicz, the former tag team championship duo known as Fabulous.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen, Janelle St. Claire here with Summer Collins and Jessica Lasiewicz, the absolutely fabulous team known as…well…Fabulous!

Summer chuckles.

Summer: Awesome, babe, but be careful. We wouldn’t want you to get accused of bias now would we?

Jessica: You talking about Janice King again, Summer?

Summer: Maayyyybe…

The three women share a laugh. Janelle then composes herself and continues.

Janelle: Nevertheless, I just wanted to touch on your backstage appearance on Shotgun. You two seemed to be talking about your future, more specifically the Civil War Match. Is that your goal right now? Are you focusing on the Civil War Match itself instead of trying to earn a shot at the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship?

Summer: Well let’s face facts here, Janelle. As much as I would love to get another crack at those tag team titles, the fact is that The McBride Corporation beat us the one time we did have our shot. Now I know, Jess here knows, you know, and everyone in this building knows that Fabulous built this company’s tag team division. Melanie and Karen McBride may be the current champions but they have us to thank for this division even existing. And everyone knows that they may have gotten lucky once, but The McBride Corporation would not get lucky again.

She holds up one finger.

Summer: All we need is one shot, one opportunity, and we would beat them for those Undisputed Tag Team Titles. But unfortunately there are more facts, such as the fact that Tabitha Silverstone probably wouldn’t grant us another title shot. We would probably have to earn it anyway.

Jessica: Which is a nice segway into talking about the Civil War Match. Summer here was a little upset, understandably so, about our situation, about how we would earn another opportunity. But I had to remind her that Civil War was coming up. And in the Civil War Match we could very well earn that tag title match if one of us comes in third place. But therein lies the absolutely Fabulous brilliance of this plan, because as a team we are among the best, and individually we are also quite formidable.

The Archangel points to Summer.

Jessica: Summer here is a former X Division Champion and former North American Champion. And me? I have held both the GCW World Championship and GCW Global Championship. And since in one night three number one contenders for three different championships will be decided, why should we stop and just settle for earning a tag team title opportunity against The McBride Corporation? It makes no sense to waste this incredible talent Summer and I have. So this is what will happen Janelle; I guarantee you that one of us will place in the Civil War Match. Ring assignments are a random draw so I cannot guarantee both of us will place. If we happen to get the same ring, we will work as a team and eliminate everyone else until it is down to just the two of us. Then we will fight to see which one of us places. If we end up in separate rings, then I guarantee that you are looking at the runner up and the winner of the 2022 Civil War Match. One of us will earn a shot at the X Division or Heritage title, the other will earn a world title match, and at Resurrection Fabulous walks away with TWO pieces of singles gold. Then we will refocus back on the tag titles, then we regain those tag titles, and Fabulous will hold every piece of gold in this damn company.

Summer: And that, Janelle, is absolutely FABULOUS!

Summer and Jessica walk off.

---

“THE FOLLOWING ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PAID FOR BY THE SOVEREIGN…”

“Do we really need a repeat of past mistakes?”

We see a short clip of Julia Braddock winning the Civil War Match last year.

“Do we really need a mentally unstable psychopath representing this great company?”

We see a short clip of Jessica Lasiewicz attacking Aubrianna Powers.

“Should we really Embrace The Hate?”

We see a short clip of Andrew Raynes attacking Danielle Page with a chair. Then we fade in to show Aubrianna Powers live. She is wearing a tight form fitting black cocktail dress and matching high heels.

Aubrianna: The answer to all of these questions, of course, is NO! We don’t need a repeat of last year’s mistake, we don’t need a mentally unstable psychopath in the main event of Resurrection, and we certainly don’t need to embrace the hate. We should be embracing The MVE…that’s The Most Valuable Era, which will be ushered in February 26th when yours truly, The Most Valuable Powers, wins the 2022 Civil War Match! And then I will main event Resurrection and correct this…

We see an image on the screen next to Aubrey. It is a split-screen image. One side is Chanel Hunter and on the other is Kelsai Adamson-Mason. The MVP smirks as she motions to the picture.

Aubrianna: Do you see what’s wrong with this picture? It certainly doesn’t have anything to do with Chanel because she’s my bestie, she’s Sovereign, and she has been an excellent World Champion. But this picture could definitely be improved upon…

Kelsai’s image slowly fades away. It is replaced by an image of Aubrianna Powers next to Chanel Hunter.

Aubrianna: See? Perfection! And after I win Civil War and then go on to main event Resurrection and become GCW Global Champion, you will finally have PERFECTION courtesy of The MVP of Resurrection. Learn to love it, bitches.

The MVP winks at the camera. The scene fades.

“THIS WAS AN ADVERTISEMENT PAID FOR BY THE SOVEREIGN, REMINDING YOU THAT AUBRIANNA POWERS WILL WIN THE 2022 CIVIL WAR MATCH!”

---

Main Event
Non Title
Eva Auglia Vs Kelsai Adamson-Mason (champion)
[Eva starts off with a spinning backfist and then a suplex followed by a scoop and a slam. Eva with a dropkick and Kelsai tumbles to the outside. Eva with a flying cross body over the top onto Kelsai taking her out. Eva with a butterfly suplex on the outside. She rolls Kelsai back into the ring. Eva with a springboard flying forearm onto Kelsai knocking her back down. Eva covers and gets a two and a half. Eva goes for a suplex but Kelsai floats over and then strikes three snap suplex in succession. Kelsai with an axe kick. Kelsai goes up top and connects with a missile dropkick. The cover but Eva kicks out at two. Kelsai goes for a spear but Eva dodges it and Kelsai hits the steel ring post shoulder first. Eva connects with Punto de Ruptura but the force of the kick sends Kelsai tumbling back outside. Eva goes back outside, retrieves Kelsai, and rolls her back in the ring. She covers but Kelsai just barely kicks out before the three, having had time to recover. Eva goes for a scoop but Kelsai floats over and then applies a calf crusher. Eva reaches the ropes. Kelsai with a spear attempt and this time connects. She goes up top and connects with The Double Shot. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Kelsai Adamson Mason

As Kelsai is celebrating, Tabitha Silverstone comes out with a mic in her hands.

Silverstone: Mrs. Mason. Remember when I said you would have to successfully defend your championship in order to participate in the Civil War Match?

Kelsai nods.

Silverstone: You are going to have the toughest test of your career. By the time we return to the states, Global Championship Wrestling will have ONE World Champion. Or should I say... an UNDISPUTED Heavyweight Champion. GCW has had two World Champions long enough so at Civil War, Livewire’s top champion, you. Will face Shotgun’s top champion, Chanel Hunter, in a unification match to decide who the top dog in GCW truly is.

The crowd roars. Kelsai smiles, excited about the challenge ahead. Silverstone turns on her heels and walks to the back. "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor plays as Kelsai continues to soak in the announcement as the scene fades.