World exclusive interview with Kelsai Adamson-Mason

Kelsai Adamson-Mason

World exclusive interview with Kelsai Adamson-Mason

Post by Kelsai Adamson-Mason » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:26 am

At the End of the Year Bash, Kelsai Adamson-Mason finally won the big one as they say when she defeated Julia Braddock to become the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion. While this would normally be a cause for celebration, Kelsai’s victory was shrouded in controversy as she received help from Adrian Waters and Tiffani Manning allegedly in order to keep Julia down for good. While the dust had barely settled from this event and the fallout from it which saw Kelsai booed for the first time in her career, Kelsai made the bold prediction that she was going to win the GCW Civil War Match. It is a match that she nearly won in 2020, finishing second to Brittany Kayl. GCW General Manager Tabitha Silverstone had a decision to make however as both the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion and the GCW World Heavyweight Champion have never competed in the Civil War Match before. After weighing her options carefully, Silverstone made two huge announcements; First Kelsai will be allowed to compete in the Civil War Match but only if she wins a qualifying match on the same night first. And second, that qualifying match is a title unification match where Kelsai will go one-on-one with GCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chanel Hunter. With all of this coming to a head on Saturday, February, 26 at Civil War, we spoke to Kelsai about life, being a champion, and her upcoming challenges at the event and beyond.

[This interview was conducted on February 14, 2022]

-“So, you have been the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion, your first world title in your career for almost two months now. Is it everything that you thought it would be when you dreamed about it growing up?”

Kelsai- “Wow, everything I do with regards to love and you can’t even start this interview by wishing me a Happy Valentine’s Day?”

-“I am sorry, Happy Valentine’s Day.”

Kelsai: “Thank you, that is more like it. The same to you as well. Now going back to your first question, it has been even more if we are honest. I don’t have to wonder what it would be like to be the best in the world now. I carry the proof over my shoulder, around my waist, or even in my bed at night. At least that one night it was.”

-“You wore the belt to bed one night? Didn’t it get tangled up in what you wore to bed?”

Kelsai: (laughs) “I consider myself quite the liberating woman in several senses, including the fact that when I go to bed at night? I am not wearing a stitch of clothing at all.”

-“Ok then, still your husband had to be careful that night having all of that gold in your bed?”

Kelsai: “That's the thing about Victor. I am trying to remember but if he was complaining that night, or any night for that matter I can’t seem to recall it. In fact my wearing the belt and nothing else to bed? That was Victor’s idea. I was just happy to oblige.”

-“Alright then, moving right along…”

Kelsai: (Bats eyelashes) “Yes?”

-“GCW has been touring Japan since you have won your title. Now there was some controversy surrounding how you became champion. With you having such a connection with the fans before winning the title, how have the Japanese fans been treating you during this tour?”

Kelsai: “That is an amazing question, because there are a couple of controversial statements even before the actual question.”

-“Like what?”

Kelsai: “Don’t play stupid with me, alright. You know what you were trying to do there. There was controversy surrounding how I won the GCW Global Heavyweight Championship? I didn’t realize t…”

-“Tiffani Manning’s interference was definitely controv…”

Kelsai: “Don’t NOT interrupt me again, or this interview is over, are we clear?

-“Of course, and I apologize.”

Kelsai: “Right. Now as I was saying, I didn’t realize there was controversy surrounding how I became the Global Heavyweight Champion. I have heard all of the things that have been said about Tiffani and her husband Adrian Waters interfering in that match up. I am not going to insult the intelligence of everyone that watched either and say that they did not become involved. You are free to watch the match back and draw your own conclusion. All I will say about that is my good friends, Adrian and Tiffani did what the three of us know is best for GCW. People may not agree; for that matter you may not agree, but we know that what we did is best, even if other people are blinded by that right now.”

-“So you and your good friends would say for example Julia Braddock is not best for GCW?”

Kelsai: “Are you even asking me that seriously? I guess that the name Chastity
Noel doesn’t ring a bell for you. Chastity used to terrorize this promotion, something that a lot people don’t seem to remember but me and my friends have not, and there was no way that we were going to let it happen again.”

-“Some might say that what the three of you did was just as bad.”

Kelsai: “What, gave the witch a taste of her own medicine? Sorry, I am not buying that for a second. By making sure that Julia or Chastity or whatever the hell she wants to call herself now is no longer the champion, not as many people will buy into her lies and deceit. I know that people may not understand this right now, but someday people will understand and they will thank the three of us for liberating the championship from that witch and having a champion that all fans can be proud of, rather than just children. Not that it really bothers me. People pay their hard earned money to watch an event, they can boo or cheer whoever they want. It doesn’t make a bit of a difference to me.”

-“So you think that children are still proud of you then?”

Kelsai: “Yes, and why wouldn’t they be? Children are not as self-righteous as adults, trying to always look for hidden meaning to things when they are not there. Children just look at everything with joy and exuberance, which is why I will always have a connection with children because I look at life the same way that children do, with joy and exuberance. Now, to answer your question from before now that I have cleaned up all of the bullshit that you were trying to sell, yes the fans in Japan have been wonderful to me overall, and Japan is a beautiful country. Of course there are some fans who have questioned me and the measures that I have used, but there are not nearly as many people that have done that in the U.S. In the states, I have even had good friends or people that I consider members of my family that have gone as far as to quit speaking to me because they don’t agree with the choices that I have made unfortunately.”

-“Any of them that you would like to talk about specifically?”

Kelsai: “No, they know who they are. I am talking about people that have done some questionable things in their past, worse things than I have done most would agree. There were several points that people would tell me that I should just give up on them. But I did not do that because that is not what a true friend does.”

-“Then you are saying that these people are not true friends?”

Kelsai: “That is really not for me to decide. When I say that is not what a true friend does, that is just my opinion. Now do I believe that to be true? Of course I do, it is after all my opinion. Just because I believe something to be true does not mean that other people believe it necessarily. It would be nice if people would agree with everything that I have to say about true friendship, particularly people that I am close to and I stood by them when almost nobody else would. But I have learned that is not the case unfortunately. Still I will not turn my back on the people that mean the most to me; that is to not how I am built. I will be there for them whenever they decide that they are willing to be my friend again. And I can see this question on your face even though I have answered it already so just let me reiterate you will not get me to tell you any of their names; I will only say that these people know who they are, period.”

-“Fair enough. Shifting gears, we are rapidly approaching GCW Civil War 2022.”

Kelsai: (Smiling brightly) “It’s twelve more days away, but who is counting right?”

-“Right. Anyway, you are planning to have a pretty busy night that night, with a title vs title unification match between you and the GCW World Heavyweight Champion Chanel Hunter followed by the GCW Civil War match if you are successful in the first match.”

Kelsai: “Let me let you in on a world exclusive, there is no way that I am not going to win that match against Chanel Hunter.”

-“That sounds awfully cocky.”

Kelsai: “If you want it to sound that way, sure go ahead. Call me cocky, that’s fine. It’s confidence, but you spin it whatever way that you want. You are trying to sell this interview, not me. I am confident in my abilities, and why shouldn’t I be? I have the big gold belt to prove that I am the best in the world. Do you have a Pulitzer prize to show the world how good you are in your field? I don’t know the answer to that for sure, but I am going to say not.”

-“Chanel Hunter does have a big gold belt of her own though.”

Kelsai: (Smiling again) “Yes she does, doesn’t she? Look, if you think that you are going to get me to talk trash about Chanel Hunter before this match? You are going to leave here disappointed, because that is not what I do. Chanel Hunter likes to talk trash and I am sure that she will talk a lot of trash about me in the days leading up to this match. I have no problem saying that Chanel will be the greatest test that I have ever faced in a ring one-on-one. She is so, so good. I don’t have a problem admitting that because I know that it is true. But she is-and here is that word again-cocky and that besides the size of her heart will be her downfall and why I am going to win this match and be the undisputed, unified GCW Heavyweight Champion.”

-“When you say that part of the reason you are going to beat Chanel is the size of her heart, what do you mean?”

Kelsai: “Chanel is great don’t get me wrong. Again, you won’t catch me saying a bad word against her. But nobody in this sport of professional wrestling has the heart, the will to win that I do, and it will be my heart that is going to be the reason that I win that match. Though it is going to be an incredible contest.”

-“On that we can certainly agree. Now if you are successful in that match, you will then move to compete in the Civil War Match.”

Kelsai: “You are damn right I will.”

-“You of course have stated that you have unfinished business in the Civil War Match from two years ago when you came in second in the Civil War Match to Brittany Kayl. But you have already won the Global Heavyweight Championship and you will have the opportunity to win the Unified Heavyweight Championship, so why does winning this match mean so much to you?”

Kelsai: “Have you ever come so close to winning something only to be turned away at the last possible instant? Probably not, I really doubt that you have come that close to winning anything, so you will just have to imagine what it is like. For me though, I have won at every level of athletics that I have been involved in my whole life and GCW has been no different except for the Civil War Match. And I was so close, but Brittany Kayl got me, kudos to her. Still even with my Global Heavyweight Championship win and my impending Unified Heavyweight Championship win I have this burning desire to finish what I started in 2020 and win the Civil War Match too. After that, there is nothing left for me and I can just ride off into the sunset if I want to.”

-“Wait a second, are you planning on retiring after Civil War this year if you win that match? You are only 24 years-old!”

Kelsai: “Yes and I am worth more than several countries and that is without factoring Victor’s wealth into it, so why not?”

-“But you have always said that you love wrestling.”

Kelsai: “True, but once I have accomplished this, what is there left for me to accomplish? I have won the Global Heavyweight Championship, I will win the Unified Heavyweight Championship, and once I win the Civil War Match? There is nothing left for me. I can leave at the pinnacle of my sport, and I can do that at 24 years old. I still have my wealth, my health, and my beauty. Victor and I still want to have children and I might have plenty of time to do that after twelve days from now who knows. I can say for sure if I will retire or not, but that is certainly something that Victor and I have discussed. One thing’s for sure, we will make the best decision for ourselves regardless of what anybody else might have to say.”

-“And with that, we are out of time Kelsai. Thank you for your time today. It has certainly been enlightening.”

Kelsai: “Always a pleasure, thank you.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”