Shotgun 11.04

randy

Shotgun 11.04

Post by randy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:09 am

Inside The Forum in Inglewood, California fans are raucous as they usually are, getting ready for a GCW event. Tonight is GCW Shotgun, the first GCW event since GCW Civil War. That also means that this the first event on the road to GCW Resurrection, the biggest event for the entire year. All at once, the arena lights go dark and everyone looks toward the jumbotron where they see the beautiful, smiling face of Tiffany Manning, which is immediately showered in boos by the crowd.

Tiffany: “Good evening everyone. Please join me in welcoming my close friend and yours, Kelsai Adamson-Mason!”

The boos are almost deafening now as the camera pans to Tiffany’s right and to the brightly smiling face of Kelsai.

Kelsai: “Hello Los Angeles, and welcome to GCW Shotgun ladies and gentlemen!”

Somehow the booing gets even louder which makes Kelsai look around in mock amazement, still smiling the whole time.

Kelsai: “Wow Tiffany! Can you believe the tremendous ovation from all of my fans here in The Forum tonight, that is incredible, don’t you think?”

Tiffany: “They really do love you here, I have to give you that!”

The crowd is about to lose their minds now hurling insults in the direction of the jumbotron screen as Kelsai continues.

Kelsai: “Thank you Tiffany. I knew that you would understand the connection with the fans.”

Tiffany: “Oh, I am really starting to realize it now.”

Kelsai: “There are a lot of things that I think a lot of people are starting to realize, Tiff. For example…”

Reaching down and grabbing it off of a chair, Kelsai takes her GCW Global Heavyweight Championship belt and places it around her left shoulder.

Kelsai: “...everyone knows that not too long ago GCW Civil War just happened and going into that event I was the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion, and as you can see here on my shoulder? I am still the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion now.”
Tiffany: “Wait a minute Kelsai, weren’t you supposed to have a huge match at GCW Civil War against the GCW World Heavyweight Champion Chanel Hunter?”

Kelsai: “Right you are Tiff. That match of course did happen and the winner of the match would be both the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion and the GCW World Heavyweight Champion.”

Tiffany: “Oh so that must be why I have this with me!”

Reaching down and grabbing it off of a bench, Tiffany takes and places the GCW World Heavyweight Championship belt on Kelsai’s right shoulder, as the boos and insults are about to blow the roof off of The Forum.

Kelsai: “That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I stand before you now as both the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion….”

Kelsai touches the belt on her left shoulder as the camera pans in on the face plate.

Kelsai: “.....AND the GCW World Heavyweight Champion.”

Kelsai touches the belt on her right shoulder as the camera pans in on the face plate on that belt as well, before going back to Kelsai’s face which now looks serious.

Kelsai: “Kelsai. Adamson. Mason.

The only person in GCW history to be the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion and the GCW World Heavyweight Champion at the same time. I am the only main event champion in this company and as such I plan to be at every GCW event moving forward, period.

Every GCW Shotgun.

Every GCW Livewire.

Every GCW Fever.

Every GCW Pay-Per-View.

You see, I don’t know what the name says on all of the legal documents literally, but figuratively? I OWN this company now and I will make certain that every GCW event is up to the standards that my fans deserve to see. Because I am the only main event champion in GCW and I want nothing but the absolute best for all of you. After all, there are women like Julia Braddock…”

Upon hearing Julia’s name the crowd erupts into cheers.

Kelsai: “..... who will lie to all of you about who they are in order to get what they want. Keep in mind everyone, I am not hurling false accusations toward this woman, she actually used to go under another name. GCW fans, fans of my company, you deserve better. Julia, yes, you won the GCW Civil War Match, but that is as close as you will ever come to wearing either one of these belts around your waist again. I just cannot and will not allow that because I love all of these fans too much, just like they love too.

You can count on me, GCW fans. I will not let you down.

Now enjoy the show, I will be there for you anytime you need me.”

Kelsai and Tiffany walk off, fading to the rest of GCW Shotgun.

==

Backstage…

The scene rises up outside the locker-room area. Inside, Svetlana Iryna Nabokov prepares for her debut match in mere moments. Outside, Samuel Price stands in wait.

Price: “Behind this door, I understand that Svetlana Iryna Nabokov is putting the final touches on her preparations for her debut against Anastasia Ivanova. Why she targeted Ivanova is not quite known at this time, but what we do know is that the woman known under the abbreviation of “SIN” has said she wants to test Ivanova, and…”

Before he can continue, the door opens. SIN steps out looking impressive already, a smirk on her face.

Price: “Ms. Nabokov… a big match tonight, but have you perhaps bitten off more than you can chew challenging a former Undisputed Tag Team Champion in Anastasia Ivanova?”

SIN’s smirk forms into a smile.

SIN: “I certainly hope so, Mr. Price. You see, unlike so many others, I do not wish for an easy path in Global Championship Wrestling. I crave a challenge. I long for it. That’s why I challenged Ivanova… because I see something in her. I see the spark of the woman who once stood alongside Karina Lysenko in the Soviet Gingers and went bell to bell, outlasting other challenges to become Undisputed Tag Team Champions. I want that Ivanova. But what we have seen since the Soviets have faded into obscurity is not that woman. I aim to drag her out of hiding and give her the opportunity to prove she can still be that woman. If not…”

Her smile fades back into a cold, stern look.

SIN: “...I will leave her a broken mass on the mat. And then… perhaps we will then see what her tag team partner has left. Perhaps then, Karina Lysenko will feel moved towards an attempt to prove HER value. We shall see.”

SIN smirks again, pulling her gold-encrusted mask up over her face as she heads off. Price stands without response as the scene shifts.

==

Anastasia Ivanova Vs SIN

The bell rang. Ana wasted no time driving her elbow into the SIN’s nose. SIN felt her nose for a second to check if it was broken. No immediate damage done, SIN pushed Ana away. Ana charged at SIN. The taller woman didn’t budge at the clothesline attempt. She grabbed Ana by the throat, hoisted her up, dropped her with a chokebomb. SIN went to work. Picked Ana up, dropped her with an Alabama Slam. Picked Ana up, irish whipped her into the corner, quickly following with a splash then boot choking her in the corner before the referee told SIN to cut it out. This gave Ana a brief opening, she fired away with chops and forearms, moving SIN off her position. SIN tried a clothesline. Ana chop blocked SIN to a knee. Then Ana bit her nose, SIN screamed, pushed Ana off her. Quickly followed up with a big boot that dropped Ana to the mat.

Having enough of this, SIN eventually dropped Ana with her version of the Bossman Slam. Picked Ana up, applied the Drop The Iron Curtain (Tazzmission/Redrum). Ana was choked out immediately. Referee called for the bell.

Winner: SIN

SIN kept the Iron Curtain on a little while longer, likely still pissed that her nose was chewed into. Eventually she let go. Referee raised her arm. Successful debut.

==

[Mara Kade stands next to Roderick Osborn, wearing a black leather with a white t-shirt and black jeans.]

Roderick: Yes I'm here with Mara Kade. Mara, we were told that you wanted to share something with all the GCW fans. The floor is yours.

[Mara steps forward.]

Mara: This is going to be real quick because I don't like wasting time. As everyone can see, Siouxsie is not here. In general, things have been really quiet for Scream Machine, right? Well there's a reason for that. There's a reason why Siouxsie is not here. Not only is she not here, she won't be here anytime soon, Maybe ever.

[Mara faces the camera.]

Mara: Sio decided at Civil War that she wanted to do other things and that she wanted to take a step back from wrestling. I fought her on it. I tried to change her mind. I brought up how we're going to get the Tag Team titles back. Nothing. She had her mind made up and there was nothing that I could do or say that would bring her back.

[Mara lets out a sigh.]

Mara: So Scream Machine is done. I respect her decision. Let that be made known before people make up shit and say that I'm pissed. I can never be pissed at Sio. Our friendship is beyond wrestling. That's my bitch. My ride or die. That's my sister for life and whatever she decides to do, I 100% support her.

[She pauses.]

Mara: So what that means is that, for the first time in a long time, I'm back on my own. Before Scream Machine, that's how I made my name. With Sio done, I'm just go right back to what I was doing years ago; the Mara Kade World Tour. Every tag team can look up in the sky and Thank the God that I am no longer coming for the Tag Team titles. But now they need to go back on their knees and pray that when I'm done kicking their ass, they can eat through a straw. Because I'm coming for these belts; X Division, Heritage, whatever the World title is. I'm coming. And I'm excited!

[She turns to Roderick before walking off.]

==

(We cut to the ring where we find announcer Robert E. Lee standing for an introduction…)

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the winner of the 2022 CIVIL WAR MATCH, “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock!

(The lights dim as several spotlights shine down upon the entrance ramp. The opening chords of "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC begins to play over the PA system. The lights all come on. Pyro goes off. The tron flashes to life and the words "Her Royal Majesty" appears on the tron only to be set ablaze and burn away in a fire, almost as if Rome itself were burning. The words "The Queen is dead" appear in its place. Then Julia Braddock steps out onto the stage; she is wearing a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. Julia goes to one side of the stage and pumps her fists in the air to encourage them to cheer loudly which gets a positive reaction. She goes to the other side of the stage and does the same, also getting a positive reaction. Julia then turns towards the ramp and charges towards the ring. Julia hops up onto the ring apron and then steps through the ropes and into the ring. Braddock goes to each corner and hops up to the top, posing for the fans. Julia steps to the center of the ring and retrieves a microphone from Robert E. Lee.)

Julia: Saturday, February 26th, GCW Civil War…I came, I saw, I kicked all of their asses, and I won my second straight Civil War Match!

(The crowd pops loudly. Chants of “Julia” erupt in the crowd. Braddock nods her head in appreciation. Once the crowd noise dies down she continues.)

Julia: Now I won’t stand here and pretend that this was an easy feat. I’m not going to insult your intelligence by boasting about how I just walked all over the competition because the fact is that it did not happen that way, not by a longshot. In my own ring, two GCW newcomers, Alexander Jones and Danielle Page, both were damn impressive. And Nadia Allen, a former GCW World Champion who I had the distinct honor of squaring off against in the main event of last year’s Resurrection, fought her heart out. I have no doubt that Nadia will be back in the thick of things very soon. She may even go on to win the tournament that begins next week on Livewire and earn a shot at the GCW World Championship. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the third place runner up Anastasia Starling. Ana, Birdie, I have a ton of respect for your family and their contributions to this sport. This was your first Civil War Match and you sure as hell delivered. You wrestled nearly one hour nonstop with no rest period. I sure as hell do not envy the new Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions, The Alan Family, who now have to deal with you at Resurrection. Then there is the runner up, second place, the Queenie herself Brittany Kayl.

(The fans begin to boo. Braddock chuckles softly.)

Julia: Y’know, I still have no bloody clue why you want to take my damn head off, Queenie. You wanted to be acknowledged as the queen? You want me to renounced my claim to the throne? Have you paid attention, mate? I already renounced it. Many, many times I’ve renounced that Queen thing. You wanna be Queen? You can have it. You also have earned my respect. You went the distance right along with me for over one hour. Whatever champion you choose to go after, whether it’s the Heritage Champion Danielle Page or the X Division Champion Rayola Divine, they have a big problem because they have to face you at Resurrection. Now if you ever want to fight again, you just let me know. I am not hard to find and I never ever turn down a challenge. There isn’t one single challenge that intimidates me. I face all challenges head on with the same will and determination I have always had my entire career. Speaking of careers…

(The Kensington Knockout pauses for a moment. She smiles warmly as she turns around, looking at all the fans in the audience, before turning back to face the camera.)

Julia: …my career with GCW has been a very successful and very fulfilling career. Global Championship Wrestling was the first promotion to really take a chance with me. I had wrestled for a couple of years on the regional independent circuits before being signed to GCW. And as thrilled as I was to get that first opportunity to compete for a major promotion, at the same time the pressure was upon my shoulders in a big way. I knew the talk would be there, the idle chatter about how I got my opportunity just because of who I am. I knew that I would have to work harder than anyone else to prove that I am good enough and worthy enough of this opportunity because of my own sheer ability and talents, not because of any family ties. And in my career with GCW I have won both recognized world championships, the GCW grand slam, and the Civil War Match. So when I lost my GCW Global Championship to Kelsai, well, everyone was certainly buggered as to why I opted against invoking my rematch clause. That would have been the easiest route to take, that would have been the shortest path to take to reclaiming the championship. But like I said, I knew from the very beginning of my career that I would have to work extra hard to prove the doubters and critics wrong. So I chose the longer, harder, more challenging path, I chose the Civil War Match. And by winning the Civil War Match, winning it a second straight year, I have now eliminated any and all doubt as to my worthiness to main event Resurrection and to reclaim the championship. And that’s also why I have decided to put my very career here in GCW on the line at Resurrection.

(A mixed reaction is heard from the fans. Julia nods her head.)

Julia: I get it, it isn’t a very popular decision, but hear me out. See, I have been very loyal and dedicated to Global Championship Wrestling. I have been with this company since its return in 2012. I have done my best to give back to this company and to professional wrestling itself. I would like to think that my contributions to GCW have improved it, and our great sport, in at least some small way. And no, there really isn’t much left for me to do in this company. Except there is still one more brass ring for me to claim and one last contribution I can make to Global Championship Wrestling. The first matter of the brass ring, I have competed at Resurrection. I have won at Resurrection. I have won world championships here in GCW. But I have never won one of the recognized world championships in the main event of Resurrection. My goal last year was to do that but Nadia Allen made sure that it didn’t happen last year. It ate me up knowing that the one final brass ring I had yet to achieve in GCW eluded me. Thus it was my competitive drive to improve myself and be the best that drove me to taking on Lenore Price-Mason and ending her reign as Global Champion. The thoughts of not claiming that brass ring is what drove me to be the absolute best global champion I could possibly be, a reign that lasted one hundred and forty days. Then when I lost that championship, and in the manner that I lost the title, well I was once again driven, driven to return to Resurrection and take back the championship and in the process finally claim that brass ring, finally win the GCW Global Championship at Resurrection. And I will reach out and grab that brass ring, it becomes mine at Resurrection, the GCW Global Championship will become mine at Resurrection, and if it doesn’t then I will leave and never ever return.

(Braddock holds up two fingers.)

Julia: Then there’s matter number two, the matter of the one final contribution I can make to GCW. Kelsai, I made the mistake of seeing you as a bright star in the darkness that is this corrupt business. But you proved yourself to be yet another spoiled immature little brat. Here’s a newsflash, bitch; the way you won the championship doesn’t make you cool or special. You’re just like every other two bit con artist and hustler to have graced these hallowed halls and cheat their way to championship glory. Alexander Midas, Trenton Snow, Myra Lynwood, Aubrianna Powers…I could go on and on, because you’re just another name in a long list of con-artists. At least one of those former con artists, Myra Lynwood, has had a change of heart. I’d like to think you will have a change of heart one day too, but I don’t see that happening. And just because your last name is Mason doesn’t make you special, either. I could spend a few hours listing the names of women who spread their legs for a member of the Mason family. You’re not special, Kelsai. You’re just a spoiled child playing champion. Come Resurrection the adult returns to the table. And at Resurrection, what could be my final contribution to Global Championship Wrestling, is to do to you what should have been done to you a very long time ago. I am going to kick the ever living crap out of you. I am going to beat respect into you. When I am done kicking your ass, when I am done choking the life out of you, I will take back the GCW Global Championship. If you happen to survive the onslaught that I plan to bring your way at Resurrection, if you survive the hell that I plan to rain down upon you, then yes, I will leave GCW and never return.

(The Kensington Knockout smirks knowingly.)

Julia: But that’s how much confidence I have in myself and my ability. I am not going to lose. I am going to fail this time. The failure will be you, Kelsai. I am going to beat you and become a two time GCW Global Champion. That is a Vow…of Julia Braddock!

==

Miss America can be seen standing backstage in front of a hanging American flag. She paces a bit as she speaks to the camera.

MA: “Civil War was supposed to be my night… but in the end, destiny had other plans for me. Instead of winning my ring, moving onto the finals and earning a shot from there, I have another road now. But my road also has the most remarkable of starting points, because at Civil War, I was the one to cast the World and Global Champion, Kelsai Adamson-Mason, out of the ring to the floor. See, Kelsai now laughs at the idea of someone like me challenging her at Resurrection for the World Championship, but the truth is it wasn’t long ago she was just like me. She was an outsider looking for a chance. She was an unproven contender just needing a shot. And just like she did what she found necessary to finally wrest the Global Championship away from Julia Braddock… I will do what I have to do to face her for the World Title. And what that means…”

Miss America nods her head.

MA: “I have to go through the tournament designed to find a challenger. Yes, that tournament has multiple former World or Global Champions. Yes, that tournament has people who know what it takes to main event Resurrection… people who have been there before. Yes… on paper, I may not be the favorite to walk away in the main event. But I also know that I have what it takes. I KNOW that I am so damned ready to take that spot!”

She steps back, taking a deep breath…

MA: “And anyone who feels ENTITLED to this shot will have to KILL me to get there, because I ain’t quitting! I ain’t slowing down! I am winning the tournament! I am challenging Kelsai Adamson-Mason at Resurrection for the World Champion! And by glory of God I am going to WIN the World Championship! My road continues in one week, and that road has no dead ends... only the top of the mountain! God bless America!”

With that outburst of patriotic fervor, Miss America exits the scene.

==

Kowloon [Akeem The Supreme and Savino] Vs The Riding Tide.

Savino initially wanted to start things off, Akeem held him back, made the motion that he got this. Savino nods, Akeem turns to Bash. Both men meet in the center of the ring sizing each other up. Both men went to town on each other, wasting no time giving the fans the hoss fight they were expecting when the match was announced. Both tried shoulder tackling the other to the ground. Didn’t work. Neither could budge the other with clotheslines. Hugo did blind tag himself into the match, Akeem was ready. He had a lot in the tank. He was able to stand up to Hugo pretty well. Savino finally made his way into the match with a blind tag of his own. He evaded Hugo’s attempt to try to bully him around. After a succession of Exploder and Sleeper Suplexes, Savio got caught. The Rising Tide started to do what they do best. Beat people up.

They cut off the ring. A double one handed spinebuster. Savino was caught with a Hi Low. Being the resilient competitor he has become known as, he kicked out. He did manage to see daylight when he executed a double DDT to both men. This allowed him to tag in Akeem who did his thing. He performed multiple kicks to the chest of Bash, followed by a lifting knee strike. He took Hugo to suplex city. Belly to Belly overhead. German Suplex. Exploder. Akeem was on a roll. Savio got involved when Hugo tried to get involved to break up a pin attempt.

Savino clotheslined Hugo over the top rope. Then performed a springboard splash to ensure Hugo was out of the picture. This left Akeem in the ring with Bash. Akeem caught Bash in the head with his Brazilian Kick. Before Bash crashed to the mat, Akeem caught him, slapped on the Tylenol (rear naked choke). The kick had done enough damage. Slapping on Tylenol left zero doubt of what the result would be. The referee called for the bell.

Winners: Kowloon.

Savion joined Akeem in the ring. This was their biggest win to date. Snapping their losing streak was cause to celebrate. What is next for the brand known as Kowloon.

==

We cut to the parking lot area. There we find a gathering of various wrestlers and other GCW officials has occurred. El Perro is there carrying a sign that reads “Chantelle, will you marry me?”...Anastasia Ivanova, one half of the Soviet Gingers, carries a sign that reads “Free Botswana”...journalist Yo Joe is there with a sign that reads “I Am Evil”...Religious Wright is there with a sign that reads “You Are All Doomed”. Leading the pack is none other than “The Most Valuable Powers” Aubrianna Powers. She carries a sign that reads “Aubrey Was Cheated”.

Aubrianna: Hell no! We won’t go! Hell no! We won’t go!

Everyone: Hell no! We won’t go! Hell no! We won’t go!

Aubrianna: Are we going to put up with this unjust treatment at the hands of GCW officials?!

Everyone: …

Powers stops marching and turns to yell at them.

Aubrianna: THE ANSWER IS “HELL NO” YOU IDIOTS!

Everyone: Hell no, you idiots!

The MVP rolls her eyes.

Aubrianna: Just “Hell no” will suffice…

The marching commences again. A few more moments later and GCW journalist Dexter Russell, who also happens to be the husband to Aubrianna Powers, steps out onto the parking area.

Dexter: Uh, Aubrey?

Aubrianna: Dex!

Powers drops her sign and then picks up another. She rushes over to greet her husband.

Aubrianna: I knew you’d make it! Here, I even made you a sign!

She hands Dexter the sign she wants him to carry. It reads “I Have Sex With Aubrey Powers”. Dexter sighs and puts the sign down.

Dexter: I’m not here to join your protest, Aubrey. I’m telling you that you should knock it off and just come inside.

Aubrianna: Why? So I can just be a good little employee like you and everyone else? Newsflash, Dex, I am NOT like everyone else! I am The MVP of GCW! I am Simply The Best and The Sexiest of them All! I am Aubrianna Powers and it should be ME in the main event of night three against that little bitch Kelsai! Not Braddock!

Dexter: How do you figure that? You were eliminated!

Aubrianna: I was cheated!

Dexter sighs.

Dexter: How were you cheated?

Aubrianna: I haven’t gotten to that part of it yet. I just know I was cheated.

Dexter: Look, regardless of any cheating, you still have another opportunity to challenge Kelsai for a championship. Braddock is going after the Global Championship on night three. You can face Kelsai for the world championship on night one if you win this tournament.

The MVP rolls her eyes.

Aubrianna: There’s a LOT wrong with that, Dex! First of all, I shouldn’t HAVE to win some stupid tournament! I should automatically be installed as the number one contender! Secondly, why the hell am I in a triple threat but Miss America and Diana Kruse are soooo special that they are in a one on one match? And third, when I do win this tournament…and I will…I will be just doing Julia Braddock a favor. I will beat Kelsai half to death leaving very little of Kelsai left to wrestle on night three. I will basically be handing Braddock the Global Title on a silver platter! Do I look like someone who wants to help Braddock?!

Powers picks the sign back up…the one that says “I Have Sex With Aubrey Powers” and passes it back to Dexter.

Aubrianna: Look, at least go around backstage carrying that. Ok babe?

Dexter sighs and nods his head.

Dexter: Whatever you say, sweetie.

Aubrianna: You’re a doll!

Powers kisses him on the cheek. Dexter walks off with sign in hand. Powers returns to her protest.

==

We cut backstage where we find Destiny Skye, dressed in her wrestling gear and looking ready to compete, standing side by side with her old friend and fellow Braddock Wrestling School graduate Sophie O’Brian, also dressed to compete. Both are in action tonight, though Destiny has a “slightly” more difficult challenge in the form of Brittany Kayl than is O’Brian who faces off against “GCW Legend” Ultrawolf.

Sophie: You are improving day by day, Destiny. You came close to winning the X Division Championship. Your performance in that bloodbath against Divine was impressive.

Destiny: It may have been impressive but it wasn’t good enough. Just like my performance at Civil War wasn’t good enough. I can’t be content with being just impressive any longer, Sophie. I need to win. Civil War was my chance and…

The thoughts of Destiny Skye are interrupted when Julia Braddock steps into view. Destiny smiles warmly. Sophie, as usual remains stoic and emotionless.

Destiny: Speaking of the Civil War…hi, Jules! You must be riding high on cloud nine after that Civil War Match win, am I right?

Julia: Maybe…but I’m more focused on the next task, and that’s beating Kelsai to regain the Global Championship.

Destiny: Yeah, speaking of that, I know you’re confident and all, but is it really a good idea to put your GCW career on the line?

Braddock chuckles softly.

Julia: Trust me, mate. I know what I’m doing. I will kick her ass and take back the championship. It is as simple as that.

Sophie steps up to Julia.

Sophie: Destiny has a point. The last time you fought Kelsai, there was outside interference. Have you accounted for that?

Julia: It was unexpected outside interference. I believed Kelsai actually had a shred of decency, that was my mistake. Turns out she is an immature brat willing to do anything in order to get what she wants. But that’s fine, because now that I know how she’s going to play it, I will be prepared.

Braddock smirks.

Julia: Like you said, Sophie, you can’t burn your bridges. You need to have allies. I have allies…

She looks at Sophie and then at Destiny.

Julia: …I have friends willing to watch my back and ensure that there are no shenanigans. Cheating to beat me is one thing but if she beats me straight up, clean, without any help? Then I don’t deserve to be in GCW. Because I know I am better than that little brat.

Sophie: Excellent. You are learning, Julia. And you have my support.

Destiny: You have mine as well. I will damn sure watch your back.

Julia: And I have your back, Destiny. I have yours too, Sophie. Anything you need, just ask.

Braddock turns to Destiny.

Julia: You just focus on tonight, ok? Don’t worry about what happened at the Civil War. That’s in the past. You focus on the present and that means Brittany Kayl. She came in second place. You beating her will put you right in the spotlight, it will put you on everyone’s radar. Understand?

Skye nods her head.

Destiny: I get ya, mate. And I will do my best.

==

Ultrawolf Vs Sophie O’Brian

Ultrawolf walked up to Sophie. He beat his muscular chest like a madman possessed. He bounced off the ropes, tried a clothesline that Sophie ducked. She poked him in the eye, no admonishing from the referee would help matters. Sophie produced a pair of brass knuckles, the referee quickly snatched them away. The moment he tried to discard them, Sophie caught Ultrawolf with Scorched Earth Policy.

He rolled around screaming in the ring. Sophie covered him as the referee turned around. That was all she wrote for the short match.

Winner: Sophie O’Brian.

==

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Janelle St. Claire. She is standing by next to one half of the duo known as Fabulous, the lovely “Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. Jessica is dressed in a knee length black skirt, black boots, and a Duke Blue Devils t-shirt. Her long blonde hair has pink highlights and cascades to flow freely past the shoulders. A stoic, emotionless gaze is etched across the face of The Archangel.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen I am Janelle St. Claire and with me at this time is a woman who had an impressive outing in the Civil War Match, the came close to winning her ring, this is none other than “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. Thank you for joining me, Jessica.

Jessica: My pleasure.

Janelle: Well, you did have an impressive performance at the Civil War. You were in the final four of ring three, the ring that your cousin, Anastasia Starling, happened to win. Starling was also a mystery entrant, that no one knew about until the time of the match itself. Would you mind sharing some of your thoughts about the Civil War Match?

Lasiewicz sighs.

Jessica: First of all, Janelle, I may have been impressive but it wasn’t good enough. My goal, the goal of Fabulous, was to make sure at least one of us…me, Summer, or Leviticus, were to win the whole thing. If not that? We at least wanted to place. A third place finish would have ensured us a rematch for the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship.

The Archangel shakes her head.

Jessica: Now that plan has been shot all to hell.

Janelle: Your cousin did come in third, she does have that tag team championship match, and we did witness you two working well together during the Civil War Match. Is it possible that she may choose you as her partner to go after the belts?

Jessica: Maybe she will? But I don’t want to pressure her into doing that, we’re family but that’s her decision. She can choose whoever she wants. Besides, I don’t want to HAVE TO rely on someone else’s generosity to get me to Resurrection. If I end up having to rely on her generosity then so be it. But I would rather earn my place into a title match at Resurrection. I thought my opportunities at earning my Resurrection moment were sunk when I was eliminated from Civil War. But then I learned a little tournament that starts next week on Livewire…

Lasiewicz grins knowingly.

Jessica: …Kelsai may be on top of the world right now, holding both the World and Global Championships in GCW, but General Manager Tabitha Silverstone decreed that she will have to defend both belts in two separate matches. Now on the one hand, little Kelsai gets to be in the main event of both night one and night three of Resurrection. That’s pretty good, I suppose. But on the other hand she has to wrestle twice in three days time. That’s the job of a champion. You wrestle whether you are ready for it or not. And she had better be ready because Silverstone has put together a tournament full of hungry competitors, hungry to get a world championship match.

The Archangel glares angrily.

Jessica: And one of them is right here! Next week it begins with me against Nadia Allen and Mariah. Mariah has never tasted the big belt, but Nadia? Nadia has. Nadia has talked recently about her desire to win back the title. But she has no idea of the craving I have to be world champion. I haven’t been world champion in six year! You were world champion just this past year! So next week it all begins, my second chance at claiming my Resurrection moment! And I will go through anyone and everyone put before me in order to get back to Resurrection and to get gold back around my waist! And that, Janelle…

She looks at Janelle and winks.

Jessica: …is absolutely FABULOUS!

==

The following communication was approved by the Kingdom of Kayl and Her Royal Majesty, Queen Brittany of Kayl.

The scene opens up inside the official media relations room of Brittany Kayl - Kayl TV Headquarters. Behind a gaudy desk sits the Queen herself flanked by her Royal Guard, Percival and Mordred. She has a royal scowl on her face, as she looks towards the camera.

Kayl: “Civil War…”

She sneers.

Kayl: “The less I say about that event, the better. For you see, I endured. I overcame. I fought against odds that were apparently insurmountable and, in the end, I secured a secondary Championship opportunity at Resurrection. Despite this, coupled with my status as Queen and top star of GCW, I was expected to accept secondary billing while others I outlasted both within my ring and in the match itself are gifted the chance to main event and challenge for the World Championship.”

Brittany sighs, shaking her head.

Kayl: “This is why I have formally petitioned to Tabitha Silverstone to ensure that I and my match be given the attention and respect it deserves by placing it as the main event of the second night - featuring as well MY Hall of Fame induction.”

Now her scowl turns to a smile.

Kayl: “After all, it is only fitting that the night I am forever enshrined in the annals of GCW history to also see me take the first step towards reclaiming that which was stolen from me so long ago… and I do that by becoming a Champion once more. From there? Well…”

Brittany flashes a knowing grin.

Kayl: “Spoilers.”

As she grins at the camera, being the only one knowing the thoughts running through her head, the scene fades.

==

Main Event:
Destiny Skye Vs Brittany Kayl

The turning point in the match was when Destiny tried performing a spin wheel kick while Brittany was leaning against the turnbuckle on the outside of the ring. Destiny missed. The thud was uncomfortable to listen to. Britt followed that up with a chop block. Like a shark she smelled blood in the water. Her attack was exclusive to the leg. She applied a ring post figure four at one point. At another juncture she locked in a single leg crab. Various stomps and kicks to the leg, like a trooper, Destiny wouldn’t quit. She did eventually make a comeback. Full Nelson Suplex. Dragonrana. DDT. She into the fight mode, beating the hell out of Brittany, showing that she isn’t a pushover. Perhaps against her better judgment she tried the Sky's The Limit (Springboard 450). The damage done to her leg earlier prevented her from completing the move, she slipped off the rope, falling to the mat. The runner up to Civil War picked Destiny up and dropped her with My B*itch (brainbuster dropped over her padded knee)

Not content with that, Brittany locks in the heel hook (Shark Week). Destiny tries the best she can to fight it. The damage done to her leg throughout the match made it nigh impossible to try to find a way out so she was left with no other option than to tap out.

Winner: Brittany Kayl

The bell rang. Brittany wasn’t content with a victory. She kept the heel hook submission applied, Destiny continued to scream in abject pain. All of a sudden Julia Braddock rushed down to the ring to save her friend. Brittany released the hold, rolled out the ring. Britt and Julia’s eyes meet as Julia checks on Destiny. Britt smiled. Waving goodbye to Julia she walked away as the show closed on Julia making sure Destiny was ok.