Shotgun 11.07

randy

Shotgun 11.07

Post by randy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:00 am

Shotgun - April 19, 2022 (AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX)

We cut to the backstage area where we find Roderick Osborne, one of the more fair and unbias journalists in GCW. Standing next to him is none other than “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. The beautiful blonde is perched atop open toed black high heel pumps and she is also wearing a long sleeve black dress with a bateau style neckline.

Roderick: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Roderick Osborne and right now I am with the 2022 Civil War Match winner and the number one contender to the GCW Global Championship, of course I am talking about “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock.

Braddock nods her head.

Roderick: Last week on Livewire, you and your good friend Destiny Skye quite literally went to war with Brittany Kayl and the GCW Global Champion Kelsai Adamson-Mason, a war that ended with no decision as the referee lost complete control and you and Kelsai fell off the stage onto electrical equipment. First question is the obvious one, how are you doing after that fall?

Julia: I can’t speak for Kelly…Kelcey…Kelsai? Whatever. I can’t speak for her, but I can say that I am doing great. Am I bruised and a little battered and cut up? Sure. But if you have been paying close attention to my career then you would know that I have taken worse than that and survived. I have endured far worse than that and have walked away from it. And with Resurrection looming over the horizon, and my career quite literally on the line, do you think I am going to let something like that keep me away from being right here, right now, doing what I love and that is represent GCW to the best of my ability?

She shakes her head.

Julia: Hell no! I will give credit where credit is due, Kelsai is tough. I might even be willing to admit that somewhere underneath the layers upon layers of ego, arrogance, and condescending attitude is someone who could actually be worthy of being the Global Champion. The problem is that little Kelsai needs a good harsh lesson in respect. What she needs is a good swift kick in the ass and I am just the person to do it. Livewire was just a small taste of the lengths that I am willing to go and what I am willing to sacrifice, not just to become a two time GCW Global Champion but to set things right. I am willing to sacrifice my body, my own physical health, and yes, my very career in order to make things right, in order to regain the GCW Global Championship.

Braddock turns and stares coldly into the camera.

Julia: Can you honestly say that you would do the same, Kelsai? Are you prepared to make those same sacrifices to remain champion? Thus far all you have proven to me and to the GCW fans is that you are just another dime a dozen egomaniac paper tiger of a champion with an entourage to protect herself. That’s why I know that I will defeat you at Resurrection, because you do not have the heart, the soul, or the will to win. You do not believe in GCW like I do, you do not believe in the same principles of what wrestling is all about. The only thing you believe in is stroking your own already over-inflated ego. The only thing you believe in is lining your purse with cash and power. You don’t even believe in yourself. After years of failure, after years of coming up just short, you decided to take the easy way out, you decided to cheat to win. See? You don’t believe in yourself and your own ability to win. Had you believed in yourself you wouldn’t have relied on outside interference to take the title away from me in the first place.

Julia smirks knowingly.

Julia: But now that I know who you really are and what you are really about, I know exactly what to expect from you. Because I have dealt with your drivel before. You can slap a different name on it…a different label…it’s all the same overused recycled garbage. That’s what you’ve become. And at Resurrection I am going to take out the garbage. At Resurrection, I am going to beat the ever living crap out of you and retake the GCW Global Championship.

==

The camera cut to backstage, Anastasia Starling standing there in what seemed to be her recent Harley Quinn inspired gear that she had recently been seen competing in the Splat Gemini One tournament in, amidst many other costumes that her and her partner Betsy had been wearing during that tournament. But here in GCW, she wasn’t partnered with Betsy. Instead, she was paired with her long time friend and tag team partner in the Underground, a woman who she had publicly called her ‘favourite person in the world’, Skylar Rayner. The pair were well known friends and allies, and many had stated since Skylar’s surprise appearance weeks ago to defend Starling that she was the perfect partner for Ana in the lead up to the massive Tag Team title opportunity that she had won during the Civil War match. So as the camera cut to backstage.

Anastasia Starling: Hey Puddin’!

The Songbird playfully sang out, twisting her hair around with her fingers. She let out a little giggle, striking a pose in her black and red ring gear with the most infectious little smile on her angelic face. But soon after the pose, she struck a more serious look on her features, those greens and blues of hers staring dead into the camera lens as she began to speak in that soulful voice of hers.

Anastasia Starling: And now you know, now you know who I personally selected as my tag team partner to go into Resurrection. Some were surprised at the sight of Skylar, but I definitely wasn’t. I’d spoken to her weeks before during training, the two of us practicing our artform together several times a week for what seems like years now. For me, she was my number one pick and she knew it the very moment I secured this spot during Civil War. All I needed to do was ask, and ask I did. And it took microseconds for her to agree.

She gave a little wink to the camera, the Songbird becoming more and more confident as time passed by.

Anastasia Starling: She’s always had my back, and I’ve had hers, so you shouldn’t have been surprised that she was right there for me when the Alan Family tried their little tricks recently. We know those types of tricks from our time in the Underground and they ain’t gonna work on us. And you should know, there is a long history of what happens when a Lasiewicz faces an Alan, family or not. And I’ll be intending on showing that as well tonight, whether they are aligned or not either.

She folded her arms across her chest, tilting her head slightly as her pigtails danced from side to side, that ever present smile upon her face as she stared cooly and confidently into the camera.

Anastasia Starling: But at the end of the day, and with this big match leading into GCW’s biggest show of the year… Let’s just say that me and Sky are going to fly right into Resurrection, and we are taking those Unified Tag Team Championships. That’s what we’re here for, that’s what we’re getting… And we are here to stay.

==

Anatasia Starling Vs Geneva Alan
[Geneva got caught by three quick arm drags and then a spinning kick from Ana. Starling with an Our Lady Peace sends Geneva tumbling through the ropes and to the outside. Starling with a plancha over the top onto Geneva. Duke Michaels approaches menacingly to distract Ana. Skylar walks over to defend her friend and tag partner. The distraction was enough as Geneva spins Ana around and throws her face first into the steel ring post. Geneva rolls her back into the ring and then connects with a snap suplex. Geneva with a swinging neck breaker. Geneva with The Sudden Stop. The cover and a two count only. Geneva pulls Ana up and sets her up for Geneva’s Law but Starling back drops out of it. Starling with a Spinning Bird Kick. Ana goes to run off the ropes but Matt Alan trips her up. Geneva comes up from behind and drops her with a belly to back suplex. Geneva covers but only gets a two. Geneva goes for a German suplex but Ana reverses into a German of her own. Ana with Pale Winged Passerine! Ana is about to cover but then Lester and Duke slide into the ring and start their attack on Starling. Referee Denika Hartwell has no choice but to call for the bell.]
WINNER via Disqualification: Anastasia Starling

[Unfortunately the action is not over. Skylar slides in to try and even the odds but gets a boot to the face from Duke for her troubles. Lester continues the assault on Ana while Duke attacks Skylar. Geneva is helped to her feet by Matthew Alan. The booing of the crowd suddenly turns to cheers when Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins hit the ring. Matthew decides that they have accomplished their goal and instructs Lester, Duke, and Geneva to make a hasty retreat. They exit just as Jessica and Summer enter the ring. Lasiewicz checks on her cousin Ana and Skylar while Summer stands guard, watching The Alan Family and daring them to come back to the ring and fight. Matthew and the rest of the family continue to back up the ramp, choosing to fight another day.]

==

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page is riding in the back of a limo with Marisol Vilaro and her bodyguard Tera Taylor.

Marisol Vilaro:I just got a text from Jessica. She and Veronica got to the arena about ten minutes ago.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Great.

Marisol Vilaro: I am excited for this match tonight for multiple reasons. The world gets to see you and Vero team up for the very first time.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:It is time for these uneducated sycophants to be influenced by a once in a lifetime team.

Marisol Vilaro:So true, girl. Most of all I am personally excited to see you and Vero give an ass whooping to that faux patriot Miss America.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Oh please, we know she isn’t a real patriot.

Marisol Vilaro: We know that’s right. I really want you two to give Miss America that receipt she is owed for illegally choking me out in the tag team match shortly before you beat her buddy, D’Nae, for the Heritage Heavyweight title.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:We got you, girl. Miss America will rue the day for putting her hands on me. I am a national treasure in multiple nations where she is a parasite that latches on to the true successful people.

Marisol Vilaro:And her little buddy who has the unfortunate task about teaming with her tonight is simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Sad but true…well not so much sad but definitely true. Ariana, there is no way you can match up with Vero and I no matter what you think or even say. We accomplished our first step when I won my championship and now it is time to move on to step two. When we decide to let the world into our secret path we will be on it will definitely be too late for any of you to see us or appreciate our righteous path. When we get to the pinnacle of this path my friends and I will have everything we could possibly want.

Danielle cracks a smile.

==

Backstage we hear the clicking of heels across the concrete floor of the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas. The camera pans out and we see that the clicking belongs to the high heels worn by none other than “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. Along with her open toed black high heel pumps, she is also wearing a long sleeve black dress with a bateau style neckline. Braddock approaches a dressing room door. She doesn’t even bother knocking; The Kensington Knockout just walks right inside as if she owned the place. And this is perfectly fine, because she knows that a friend is inside. Julia smiles warmly upon seeing Sophie O’Brian standing there dressed in her wrestling gear.

Sophie: Neither you nor your sister have ever learned how to knock.

Julia: Do I really need to knock, mate?

Sophie smirks.

Sophie: No, of course not.

The two friends meet and embrace in a tight hug.

Sophie: I must admit that I am rather surprised to see you here tonight. After that fall you and Kelsai took on Livewire I would have expected you to take a precautionary day off.

Julia: Have you ever known me to be cautious about anything, Sophie? I promised that I would be here for the people, the fans of Global Championship Wrestling, and that is exactly what I intend to do. Because unlike Kelsai, who is only committed to herself and her ego, I am committed to this great company and its fans.

Sophie chuckles.

Sophie: That is a nice speech, Julia, but perhaps being a little cautious could serve you well. It is not wise to take needless risks.

Julia: But if I don’t take any risks, if I just play it safe, then will I ever succeed?

Sophie nods her head.

Sophie: Taking a good risk here and there is very good, my friend, but certain risks are indeed unnecessary. For instance, you risking your career at Resurrection.

Braddock smirks.

Julia: Yeah, I know you aren’t happy about that. You keep reminding me of it every time we meet.

Sophie: And if you fail then I will never let you live it down.

Julia: Great, because I do not intend to fail. See, Sophie, for the longest time I lacked self-confidence. In fact, up until about two or three years ago I really did lack self-confidence. But I believe in myself, I’m confident. And all of GCW needs to be careful when The Kensington Knockout becomes confident. When I’m confident, I am virtually unstoppable.

Sophie: It’s odd…

Braddock furrows her brow.

Julia: What is?

Sophie: You claim you lacked self-confidence. And now that you mention it, during your early years you did lack confidence. I have known your family for a long time, Julia, and I must admit that you are the only one to have issues with confidence.

Julia: What can I say? I am a unique individual. I am my own person and I have had my own personal struggles throughout my life. I have had many obstacles I have had to overcome, including struggling with confidence. But I’ve conquered that…just like I will conquer Kelsai and retake my Global Championship.

Braddock places a hand on Sophie’s shoulder.

Julia: Now how about you go out there, beat Mara Kade’s ass, and qualify for Global X? If you earn that world/global title match, then maybe you and I can go one on one?

Sophie: It would be my honor, Julia. Do you need me to watch your back tonight?

Braddock shrugs her shoulders.

Julia: It couldn’t hurt. You never know what that twat Kelsai has in mind. And tell you what? I’ll watch your back tonight, as well. Sound good?

Sophie: Sounds fair to me.

==

Global Destiny X Qualifier
Sophie O'Brian vs Mara Kade
[The match starts off as a hard hitting affair; Sophie with a capture suplex and a Full Nelson suplex. She goes for a German suplex but Mara blocks it and follows it up with a discuss elbow and a tiger suplex. Mara with a dragon suplex. Mara goes for another dragon suplex but Sophie reverses into a German suplex. Sophie goes for a scissors kick but Mara ducks it and counters with a dragon screw. Things shift into more of a technical, submission affair as Mara locks in a knee bar. Sophie eventually reaches the ropes. Mara locks in an Over-the-shoulder single leg Boston crab. Again Sophie eventually reaches the ropes. Sophie rolls to the outside to stop the momentum. Mara charges in for a suicide dive but Sophie steps to the side and Mara slams into the barricade! Sophie rolls her into the ring and covers but only gets a two. Sophie locks in an inverted figure four. Mara eventually reaches the ropes. Sophie locks in Wisdom. Mara struggles in Sophie’s patented submission finish but eventually reaches the ropes. Sophie goes for Ode To Braddock but Mara reverses into Bad Brains German…the cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Mara Kade

==

We cut backstage where we find Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins, the duo known as Fabulous. Earlier in the evening they saved Anastasia Starling and Skylar from a beating at the hands of The Alan Family and they are still pumped up and ready for a fight.

Jessica: Geneva, Lester, and Duke…you three must really be stupid. For starters, you are following the lead of a man whose hair brained schemes never succeed, a man who recently was in prison for white collar crimes, a man who was under investigation by the federal government! You really think Matthew Alan is the model for success in this company? Yet you geniuses choose to follow him. But then you made the biggest mistake, you tried to take out my family, my cousin Ana.

Lasiewicz shakes her head.

Jessica: You already had a target on your back because you have what me and Summer want, we want those Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championships. It WAS just business between us. But now you went and made it personal. So here is a word of warning. Ana and Skylar have Fabulous watching their backs from now on. You three goons used to have the numbers game on your side, but if you even think about trying something like that again, Summer and I will tear your damn heads off. Are we perfectly clear?

Summer: Alan Family, you had better enjoy those championships while you have them. Ana and Skylar are good, they are real good, and as a woman of money and wealth myself, I would bet my fortune on them winning the gold at Resurrection. But in the off chance you manage to survive them, you have the two of us waiting in the wings. So in short, BOYS, your future doesn’t look too bright. Your future is not absolutely Fabulous.

Summer and Jessica walk off.

==

Steve Powers Vs Nadia Allen
[Nadia ducks a clothesline attempt and then follows up with a flying forearm. She kips up to her feet. Nadia with a back fist and then a one handed bulldog. She covers…1…Kickout! Steve scrambles back to his feet but gets planted with a ddt. Powers rolls to the outside. Nadia Allen with diving cross body to the outside wiping out Powers! She rolls him back into the ring. Nadia springboards back into the ring…Snake Charmer! The cover by Nadia…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Nadia Allen

==

The scene opens up backstage inside the private locker room of the Star of the Show Veronica Taylor who is getting her make up done, by her private makeup artist that has been flown out, dressed in her wrestling gear already, the Queen of Mean sits there as standing by her side is none other than her manager Marisol Vilaro who is dressed in Vilaro Fitness activewear black and orange workout shorts, tennis shoes, and a matching sports bra. The duo is greeted with loud boos as Marisol soon puts her hand on the shoulder of her client as she says in a soft tone toward her.

Marisol Vilaro: You ready? Finally, the star of the show gets the main event treatment as you deserve naturally.

Veronica shooed the makeup artist looking at how her make up looked, it was flawless of course. As she then looks through the mirror at her manager, before smiling as she said in her normal tone.

Veronica Taylor: Exactly, finally Veronica Freakin Taylor is back in the main event, where I belong. The star of the show has already made an impact by giving two autograph pictures to two extras who totally should frame them on the walls of whatever barn they live in. I mean I am from Beverly Hills they are from some whole in-the-hall dump!

The fans boo the arrogance of Veronica, who just scoffs it off as she looks at her private makeup artist before saying.

Veronica Taylor: Now you're dismissed good job not that making me look good is hard right Mari?

Marisol Vilaro: True that Veronica, you truly are the star of this show or any show whose set is lucky enough to have you, now as my client said you’re dismissed for the evening bye.

Marisol and Veronica do a sarcastic wave toward the makeup artist who leaves the locker room as the two share a glance at each other. As Veronica, says in a smug tone.

Veronica Taylor: I mean it really isn’t that hard to make me look good, I get up and am naturally beautiful. I mean Maverick says so every day, and he has an amazing taste so it must be ture, plus now that I have signed you on I am in the best shape of my life. Danielle is already a champion and tonight both me and her show why we are the true main event players of GCW.

Marisol Vilaro: That’s right, and it wasn’t that hard as you said you’re already are a bombshell you’re not someone who needs a lot of work to become a better version of yourself, you just take to it naturally and now you have proper representation of your interest. You won’t be treated as an afterthought anymore.

Veronica nodded her head-turning her gaze back to the mirror, as she soon spoke keeping her eyes on her manager.
Veronica Taylor: That’s how it should be boo, and I know you have already done wonders I got all the spotlight all the attention, plus this amazing GCW contract you negotiated for me. You can do it all, but one thorn in my side here is Arianna Angelos, the greek fly in the wall. The woman who very much secretly wishes she was Veronica Taylor. But this woman in SCU got the better of me when I was at the lowest point of my career, but now that I am refocused on getting what I want hell what I deserve and am now a better me thanks to you. Their is no chance, in hell shes waling out with the victory tonight her or that ugly little Miss America troll shes teaming with. I saw what she did to you totally unjustified she will pay for that.

Marisol nods her head in agreement as she says.

Marisol Vilaro: I know, and I know both of you will I mean Danielle already took the Heritage title giving these people a champion that can inspire them to be better. I mean Ariana was so rude to try and attack you for just giving her an autograph photo of the star of the show. I mean I’d be honored if I was her.

Veronica gets up from the chair, smiling as she said in a bright tone.

Veronica Taylor: Exactly, and tonight she may have a chance to get it this time she won’t even be able to refuse it sorry bout it.

Marisol gives her an evil smile, which is returned by Veronica as they both nod their heads as Marisol says in a proud tone.

Marisol Vilaro: I like that sound of that and it's the start of her journey to becoming a better version of herself!

With that, Marisol, and Veronica leave the locker room as the scene fades to black.

==

Main Event:
Veronica Taylor & Danielle Page Vs Ariana Angelos & Miss America

[Veronica pairs off against Ariana while Danielle battles Miss America. America and Ariana are in charge early on as Ariana dropkicks Veronica over the top and to the outside. Miss America sends Danielle flying over the top and to the outside with a high back body drop. Marisol Vilaro causes a distraction, shouting at referee Shawn Pack. Meanwhile Clyde Sutter slides into the ring and lays out Ariana with Unforgiven. Miss America chases him off but the damage has been done. Veronica and Page go back into the ring while Miss America is running Sutter away. They deliver a belly to back suplex and neck breaker combo. Cover by Page…1…2…Kickout! Miss America rushes in to even the odds. Finally Shawn Pack decides to restore order. Veronica and Ariana are the legal participants according to Shawn Pack. Veronica with a standing hair pull. Shawn Pack begins his count but it is very slow…1…….2…….3……4….she breaks. Veronica poses and then drops an elbow. She tags out to Danielle. Danielle and Veronica with a high-low combination double team. Page covers..1….2…Kickout! Page with a pump handle slam. She tags back out to Veronica. They whip her into the ropes. Miss America blind tags in. A high flapjack to Angelos. Miss America with a superkick to Page and then a spinning heel kick to Veronica. America throws Page out of the ring. America with a scoop and a slam to Veronica. America with an American Leg Sweep! The cover..1…2Kickout! Miss America tags out to Ariana. Angelos with a spear to Veronica and then a suplex. Page drags Miss America off the ring apron and smashes her face first against the steel steps. Angelos with a ddt to Taylor. She pulls her up but Taylor rakes her eyes and then connects with Ultra Fabulous! Page and Miss America begin fighting through the crowd. Veronica Taylor strutting around the ring, mocking Ariana. She goes to pick her back up but Ariana surprises her with a small package…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Ariana Angelos and Miss America

[Page sees this and comes rushing back to the ring. Miss America is right behind her. Miss America clothesline the Heritage Champion over the top and to the outside. Veronica joins Page outside the ring as they complain and shout at Ariana and America, who celebrate inside the ring.]