Resurrection XI

randy

Resurrection XI

Post by randy » Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 am

Resurrection XI Night 1 - May 20, 2022 (Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC)

[Samuel Price stands backstage with Mara Kade, who's wearing her ring gear along with her black and red ring jacket and shades on her face.]

Samuel: Resurrection is finally here. The biggest show in all of professional wrestling. Three nights full of action. And tonight starts off the festivities. Tonight, in the main event, Kelsai Adamson Mason will defend her World Heavyweight Championship against D'Nae Moore. But way before that, in a few moments, the annual Global X match will take place. Twelve wrestlers, only four briefcases, all featuring a future at a championship belt depending on what's inside. Joining me is one of those competitors, Mara Kade. You've mentioned in weeks past the motivation you feel inside to climb up the ladder now that you're back as a singles wrestler. A night like this is a perfect opportunity to get one step closer.

[Mara nods.]

Mara: You know Sammy, I've had people ask me how I feel going into this match. Wrestling on Resurrection without Siouxsie and all that. And I've told them what I will tell you and everyone out there. No matter what I'm doing, who I'm facing, singles, tag team, trios, battle royal, whatever. Mara Kade will always kick your ass.

[She lowers her sunglasses.]

Mara: I see all these names in this match...I see M.A.E.V.E, how you doing? Hope John's watching. But yeah, you see all these names and that's what they are to me, names. You could throw whoever in this damn thing, I'm leaving with one of those contracts. I am leaving, even if these guys have to carry me out on a board or a stretcher or in an ambulance, I will have one of those briefcases tucked in my arm. I think some of the people in the back, some of them, forgot who I am and what I can do. I think some of the people who watch this show, when they mention whoever new kid that comes through and they talk them up, that I am here, young, healthy and full of piss and vinegar. I think people have forgotten, when you look at me..

[Mara pauses for a moment and shows her body to the camera.]

Mara: I know people do. They look at my ass all the time. I get it. I understand. It's a beautiful sight. I get it. But you look at the shape that I'm in, you see the way I've wrestled the last few months, you hear the words coming out of my mouth, you look in these eyes..

[Camera focuses on her eyes..]

Mara: I think have forgotten that I am a woman of my word. And when I say I'm going to climb, I'm going to scrap my way to the top of GCW again and be the best wrestler this company has, that it isn't a joke but a f**king threat!

[Mara pauses.]

Mara: Resurrection. More like the Mara Kade Rock N Roll Circus 2022. You've seen what I do on this show on every show. What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it. but I will not change, I will not back down for anyone, anybody, any match, any opponent. Who I am is one of the very best in professional wrestling and tonight, is just another showcase. I'm leaving with one of those briefcases and whoever is holding a title by the end of this shin dig, X Divison, Tag Team, World title, you better hope I don't have a briefcase with a ticket to your title. Because from that moment on, you're dead. Your reign, your dreams, your hopes. Are dead. I am far from dead, Sammy. I've only just begun.

[Mara storms off.]

--

Backstage…

The scene shows Miss America pacing around, clad in her ring gear and putting the final touches on her preparations. She looks to the camera and smirks.

MA: “You want a history lesson?”

Miss America stops pacing.

MA: “Fine… One year ago, GCW put on this very event, Resurrection. It was said to be the biggest show of them all… the one everyone dreams of competing on. Where was I? Not even an afterthought. If you scour the show in hopes of seeing Miss America, you’re going to be sorely disappointed, but not as disappointed as I was to be on the sidelines. And every day since then, I fought tooth and nail to ensure that kind of snub NEVER happened again.”

She smiles.

MA: “And yeah, while those opportunities didn’t really work in my favor, I still pushed for more. I pushed farther along. I made myself a gosh-darned workhorse for this company all so I wouldn’t miss out on a second Resurrection. And tonight, we finally made it here.”

Her arms outstretched, Miss America takes a step back.

MA: “And Global Destiny X is an opportunity to take control of my own destiny. Ten wrestlers, five briefcases. The odds are 50/50 that I will be able to walk away with one, but you know what? That’s not good enough… because from where I sit, there will be nine other competitors looking to take something that I worked tirelessly for the last YEAR to earn! And if you think I’m going to be happy just being here? If you think I’m going to be happy just to have made the show? You’re out of your mind! I’m here to compete. I’m here to win. I am here to manifest destiny!”

Without another word, Miss America walks past the camera. As she passes out of range, she can be heard.

MA: “And THAT will become a great moment in history!”

The scene fades.

--

Global Destiny X Match
Miss America Vs Veronica Taylor Vs Ariana Angelos Vs Mara Kade Vs Akeem The Supreme Vs Savino Vs MAEVE Vs SIN Vs Aubrianna Powers Vs Olly Vs Clyde Sutter Vs Geneva Alan

[Veronica Taylor and Ariana Angelos make a beeline for one another. Sutter gives chase to Olly who hides underneath the ring. Before Sutter can go after him he is taken down by the trio of Akeem, Savino, and MAEVE. SIN body slams Miss America and then drops Geneva Alan with a Polish Hammer. Powers throws a kick but SIN catches the foot and drops Powers with an exploder suplex. Olly slides out the other side of the ring with a steel chair. He goes over and smashes Akeem in the head with the chair, Savino in the ribcage, and then Sutter in the head with the chair. Olly is smirking at Sutter’s situation but turns around into MAEVE who dropkicks the chair back into Olly’s face. Olly is up and is trying to fend off an angry Kowloon trio and Sutter. Ariana back drops Veronica over the top and onto the five-some. Ariana then hits the ropes and delivers a spinning heel kick to SIN sending her tumbling to the outside. Ariana charges and leaps over the top with corkscrew suicide plancha over the top taking out all of those on the outside!]

[Aubrey attempts a superkick but Miss America catches the foot, spins her around, and strikes a stunner. Miss America clotheslines The MVP over the top and to the outside. Geneva takes Miss America from behind and drops her with a release German suplex.. Seizing the opportunity Geneva goes to climb the turnbuckle and attempt to go across the steel cable to retrieve a briefcase. Ariana Angelos with a springboard hurricinrana onto Geneva sending her down to the mat below! Sutter spears Olly through the steel barricade! Sutter gets up and turns his attention to Akeem, the two big men brawling back and forth. Olly crawls in between and lands a double low blow. Olly gets the ring bell and bashes Akeem first and then Sutter. Mara Kade with a series of three German suplexes to SIN. Mara is speared by Miss America. Miss America goes to ascend the turnbuckle. She is nearly to the top when SIN catches her, pulls her down, and power bombs her in the center of the ring. Mara Kade leaps on SIN’s back and locks in a rear naked choke.]

[Savino with a superkick to Powers. Veronica Taylor with a bulldog from behind to Savino driving his face onto the cement floor. Veronica is then drilled with a right hand from MAEVE. Veronica turns around into a plancha over the top from Ariana Angelos! Powers with a steel chair shot to Sutter and Olly with a ddt to Akeem. Powers and Olly turn their attention to MAEVE. Olly drops her with a clothesline and then holds MAEVE for Powers to drop her with The Most Valuable Kick. Powers and Olly, arguably the two most hated people in this match, are on the same page and they go underneath the ring to produce a huge ladder. Powers and Olly slide the ladder into the ring. They enter the ring. SIN drills Powers with a lariat. Olly with a spear, taking SIN down. Olly with a spinning back fist to Geneva Alan. Powers with a superkick to Miss America. The ring is cleared and Olly and Powers set up the ladder underneath the briefcases. They begin the ascent up the ladder. Ariana with a springboard dropkick to the ladder, sending Powers and Olly falling off the top of the ladder and into the crowd!]

Crowd: HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

[Ariana sets the ladder up and begins her ascent. Veronica Taylor is climbing up the steel chord behind her. Veronica gets there just as Ariana gets to the top of the ladder. Veronica with a German suplex off the ladder to the mat below! MEVE and Savino are back in the ring. They both go up the ladder. But just as they get to the top Mara Kade is there to shove the ladder over, causing MAEVE and Savino to fall off and crash through the Spanish Announce Table! Mara Kade then dumps the ladder out of the ring. Mara goes up to the corner and climbs up to the top, ascends across the cables, and retrieves a briefcase.]

WINNER: Mara Kade

[Olly and Powers finally emerge from the crowd and onto the ringside area. Olly turns and short arm clotheslines Powers. Can’t trust anyone these days. Olly goes back into the ring with designs on a briefcase but he turns right into an Unforgiven Kick by Sutter. Sutter tosses Olly over the top and to the outside. Sutter goes outside after Olly. Geneva is back in the ring. But so is SIN. SIN drills her with a big boot and then a Samoan drop. Veronica is back in and SIN takes her down with a fallaway slam. Powers is in and catches SIN with The Most Valuable Kick, but SIN doesn’t go down…Ariana with a superkick but SIN doesn’t go down…Powers and Ariana with a double superkick and finally SIN goes down. Powers kicks Ariana in the gut and goes for a ddt but Ariana counters with a Northern Lights release suplex. Ariana goes up to the corner and ascends the turnbuckles. She goes across the cables. Angelos retrieves a briefcase.]

WINNER: Ariana Angelos

[Olly has finally gotten the better of Sutter at the top of the stage. He smashes him onto a steel support beam. Olly spears him through the electronic board. Geneva Alan is back into the ring. She goes for Geneva’s Law to Miss America and connects. Akeem with a spear breaking Geneva in half. Akeem throws Geneva out of the ring. Veronica Taylor low blows Akeem and then plants him with a ddt onto a chair. Veronica starts to ascend the turnbuckle and goes towards the center and the briefcases…but Miss America is going across the other side…Miss America with a spear off the cables onto Veronica taking her down! Sutter ducks Olly’s clothesline attempt and then drills him with another Unforgiven. Sutter with a razor’s edge off the top of the stage onto electrical equipment below!]

[Miss America with Fireworks to Geneva. She superkicks Akeem. Miss America goes up to the top and ascends the steel cables. Miss America reaches the center and retrieves a briefcase.]

WINNER: Miss America

[Only two briefcases remain! MAEVE and Savino are pulling themselves back into the ring to join Akeem. Powers is back up, as are Veronica and Geneva. Powers, Geneva, and Veronica agree to a temporary alliance against Kowloon and they battle in the center of the ring. This goes on for a while but they all forget about SIN, who cleans house with a lariat to MAEVE, a big boot to Powers, a spear to Veronica, and a Samoan drop to Savino. SIN trades rights and lefts with Akeem. While this is going on Powers drops MAEVE with a steel chair shot to the face. Powers locks in The Ties That Bind. Veronica meanwhile is ascending the cables and climbing towards the center. Veronica gets a briefcase!]

WINNER: Veronica Taylor

[Powers releases the hold, realizing there is only one briefcase left. She goes over towards the turnbuckle and climbs up to the top. But SIN is right there, setting her up for a Power Bomb…to the outside! SIN turns around and Savino charges in, clotheslining himself and SIN over the top and to the outside. Akeem then uses this opportunity to go to the turnbuckle and ascend the cables. With everyone else but Kowloon taken out, Akeem manages to reach the final briefcase.]
WINNER: Akeem The Supreme

Briefcases Contain: A world/global title match, undercard singles title match, tag title match, destiny, and nothing, the person holding the briefcase containing ‘nothing’ must perform one favor for the person holding the briefcase containing ‘destiny’. Who got what briefcase will be revealed on NIGHT 2 of Resurrection XI!

---

We cut backstage where we find GCW roving reporter Janelle St. Claire. The beautiful blonde is standing next to a legendary tag team in GCW history; Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins, the duo known as Fabulous. The Fabulous duo are dressed in matching tri-colored royal blue, white, and black cheerleader uniforms with “Fabulous” etched on the front.

Janelle: Tonight has been quite a night so far, hasn’t it? Well it gets better. We still have the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship to be decided when The Alan Family defends against Anastasia Starling and Skylar Rayner. And my guests at this time certainly have a vested interest in that match, because they are trying to stake their claim to a tag team title opportunity. Please welcome Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins, better known as Fabulous.

Collins pats Jessica on the back.

Summer: An absolutely FABULOUS introduction, Janelle.

Janelle: Thanks! Uh, so are you here merely for scouting purposes? Are you here just to check out the two teams and see who walks away with belts you want?

Summer: Janelle, babe, Jess and I are mutli-faceted. We can be here to scout the competition, sure. We can also be here to cheer on Jess’s cousin Anastasia and her partner Skylar. And I think we’re dressed the part for that, wouldn’t you agree? But we are also here to serve one other purpose…to provide back up, if needed, for Ana and Skylar. We do not trust The Alan Family. They have proven time and time again that they are willing to go to any lengths to win. They managed to cheat Jess and I out of a win when we had them dead to rights. So if we have to, we will level the playing field. We will make sure Ana and Skylar have a fair opportunity to become the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions.

Janelle: But what about your own match tomorrow night against The McBride Corporation?

Lasiewicz chuckles.

Jessica: The stakes are high for Fabulous and The McBrides. We are both former tag team champions. We both lost to The Alan Family due to some shady tricks. And we both want one more chance to rip their throats out. But only one of us can get that shot. Karen, Melanie, Blair, you three are good, but you are not FABULOUS and you never will be.

Summer and Jessica walk off.

---

We are backstage in the parking lot area. Kimberly Williams is carrying around her pathetic looking Unsanctioned Championship title belt and she is being flanked by Dalek and the former pizza hut delivery guy Ricky B Sharpe, who has a white t-shirt on with the word “Referee” scribbled on the front.

Ricky: I really don’t know why I have to do this…

Kim: Look, I am defending my Unsanctioned Title 24/7 and to defend the Unsanctioned Title I need an official unsanctioned referee to make the count.

Dalek: OFFICIAL UNSANCTIONED REFEREE IS ILLOGICAL!

Kimberly kicks the Dalek.

Kim: Shut up, tin can! No one asked you!

Ricky: Actually, I kind of agree with the tin can.

Kim: You can either take the job, which I am paying you for, by the way, or you can take a beating.

Ricky nods his head.

Ricky: Fair enough.

Suddenly Kim, Ricky, and Dalek are approached by Ramsey The Ram, the mascot for the UNC Tar Heels. The mascot waves playfully at Kim.

Kim: Look, it’s a mascot…of a stupid basketball team…conveniently here on the night I’m defending MY Unsanctioned Title. Do you really think I’m that dumb?! Huh?!

Kim approaches the ram.

Kim: I know its you in there, Ricky! Get outta there now and take your beating!

Ricky: Uh, Kim?

Kim turns to see Ricky is still there behind her. Meanwhile Ramsey The Ram takes Kim and throws her hard against a steel garage door. Kim falls on her back and Ramsey Ram covers…

1!
2!
3!

Ramsey The Ram takes its head off…its Leviticus!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Leviticus

Leviticus: Champion again! I didn’t think this would actually work!

Levi picks up the Unsanctioned Title belt. He takes off with Kimberly, Ricky, and Dalek in hot pursuit. Leviticus rounds a corner, hoping to get away, but runs right into a familiar face…that of his seven foot tall former bodyguard Leviathan.

Leviticus: Leviathan! My man! Big guy! Let’s go! We need to get away! I have a mad woman after me!

Levi tries to leave but Leviathan snatches him by the throat and choke slams him onto some wooden pallets. Before he can cover Dalek rolls on over…

Dalek: LIQUIDATE! LIQUIDATE! LIQUIDATE!

Dalek sprays hot sauce into Leviathan’s eyes, blinding the monster. Leviticus sits up but is immediately met with Shadowblade, Kim’s running knee. She covers…

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Kimberly Williams

Williams gets up and picks her title belt back up. She sticks her tongue out at Leviticus.

Kim: Screw you!

Kim, Ricky, and Dalek run off.

--

Dog Collar Match
Derek Powers vs. Jake Storm

[Jake Storm pulls Derek in and decks him with a clothesline. Jake wraps the chain around Derek’s neck and chokes him. Derek drops down with a stunner. Derek whips Jake with the chain repeatedly in the ribs and back. Derek with a ddt. Derek chokes Jake with the chain. Derek with a Powers To Be. The cover but Jake kicks out. Derek with Winning Smile. Derek wraps the chain around his fist and starts pouring right hands onto Jake’s face. Eventually this busts him wide open. Derek goes for another Powers To Be but Jake back drops his way out of it. Jake connects with a superkick. Jake wraps the chain around his fist and punches Powers in the face repeatedly, knocking him down again and again. Powers is busted open and tries to get away but Jake goes out after him. Jake clotheslines him with the chain. Jake gets a steel chair and blasts Derek in the head with it, further opening up the wound. Jake rolls Derek back into the ring. Jake mounts Derek and wraps the chain around his fist and rains down fists upon Derek’s face, really busting open the gaping wound. Jake pulls Derek up but Derek lands a low blow. Derek punches Jake again in the face with the chain. Derek takes Jake, wraps the chain around his neck, and then throws Jake over the top, hanging him essentially. Derek keeps choking him with this move, perfectly legal in this type of match for a while, at least until he is certain Jake is out. Derek then goes out after Jake and whips him face first into the steel ring post. Derek slides Jake back in and then connects with The Powers Driver. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Derek Powers

--

Even being backstage currently you can still hear the huge roar in the arena of the Greensboro Coliseum and what would you expect? It is after all the biggest date on the GCW calendar, Resurrection XI! You truly never know who is going to show up for this event every year, sometimes whether we like it as wrestling fans or not. On the not side of that equation, is the former GCW World Heavyweight Champion, the leader of the 1 percent, Kellen Jeffries. The world had all but forgotten about Kellen since the last Resurrection when he lost a Black Hollywood Street Fight against Jeffrey Alexander where the loser was supposed to be gone forever. Yet at the last event before Resurrection there was Kellen, not only back in GCW, but attacking another former GCW World Heavyweight Champion Nadia Allen. This did answer one important question as everyone now knew who was going to be Nadia's opponent at Resurrection. The attack was in typical Kellen fashion, with the coward jumping Nadia from behind, and from behind a mask to boot. But there were other questions that still remained;

Where has Kellen been all of this time?

Who signed off on permission for Kellen to come back when he was supposed to be gone?

Why did Kellen decide to come back now, and against Nadia?

So many questions, and the man who is going to try and get the answers to those questions standing next to Kellen, (whose version of the truth about anything is questionable at best) is GCW's Samuel Price.

Samuel Price: "Kellen Jeffries, you haven't been in GCW for a year. What have you been doing with yourself all this time?"

Kellen just looks toward Samuel momentarily and is thoroughly disgusted as he does.

Kellen Jeffries: "Mr. Price, has anyone ever told you how horrid you are at your job? You are given the opportunity as part of the biggest event of the year in GCW to interview the most dynamic person in all of wrestling, the leader of the 1 percent, and all you can think to ask me is what I have been doing with myself for the last year?

Kellen stops for a second and almost gives Samuel a chance to respond before he starts smirking.

Kellen: “Nevermind, Mr. Price, I know what the problem is. You are not a member of the 1 percent and only a member of the 1 percent can interview me. Get the hell out of here Mr. Price so I can talk to the 99 percent who are dreaming they can be just like me but never will like you.”

At this point Samuel has already had enough of being insulted and he throws his hands in the air right before leaving the backstage interview area. Now left alone, Kellen reaches the microphone up to his lips as he continues to smirk.

Kellen: “Can you believe that guy? Like he has the nerve to even ask me what I have been doing for the last year of my life. Actually, being that he is a simple moron from the 99 percent just like all of you, believing that is probably pretty easy for all of you. So, even though I do not owe you any explanation, I will just say what have I been doing for the last year? Being better than each and every one of you, that’s what. Seriously though, what were all of you expecting, I am the leader of 1 percent. I piss excellence! Everyday I wake up in the morning, roll over and kiss my perfect wife Amber and realize that life could not get any better for me even if I tried.

At least that is what I thought, until my telephone rang and you want to know who it was? It was none other than Tabitha Silverstone. That’s right, the same Tabitha Silverstone who devised a match to get me thrown out of this company a year ago. Now it would seem though that Tabitha had a problem. Ratings were plummeting like never before and this was heading right into the biggest event of the year and we can’t have that now can we? So Tabitha knew what she needed and she asked me if I would come back and save GCW. I will be honest, I wanted to tell her that she could go straight to hell, and I would never wrestle in GCW again. That was the plan that she laid out after all and I really wanted that to bite her right in the ass.

But Tabitha is nothing if not a tough negotiator and she sweetened the deal by telling me that if I came back I could fight anyone I wanted tonight and I immediately thought about you Nadia. I thought about the fact that while I gave you a golden opportunity just to breathe the same air as me let alone have a shot at my GCW World Heavyweight Championship, you conspired to have that match moved from the main event to the first match of the night. Because you knew that the only way you could defeat me is if you could catch me by surprise and take my title from me when I wasn’t ready. I thought about all of this, told Tabitha who I wanted, when I wanted to come back, and Tabitha, what could she do? She had to agree to try and save GCW’s ratings and probably her job by getting back the leader of the 1 percent to come back.

So Nadia, how does it feel to get attacked when you weren’t ready. See, you took my title over a year ago, but me? I humiliated you, I took your dignity and tonight? Tonight I am going to use you to remind everyone that I am back in GCW and I am still the leader of the 1 percent, and you Nadia?

Even you will have to admit that you have had this coming!”

The camera pans in close on Kellen’s face, until the scene shifts back to the arena.

--

The biggest night, well, three nights of GCWs year. For The Alan Family, tonight was supposed to be a glorious night... Geneva Alan was supposed to win the Global Destiny X Match, and Devastation are supposed to retain the GCW Tag-Team Championships against Anastasia Starling and Skylar Rayner. Unfortunately, the former did not have the result that was expected... the latter was still to be determined. Geneva, to say the least, is not happy about the result of her match.

Geneva: *Tosses a water bottle at the wall in frustration* GODDAMNIT!!!

Matt: Now, Now, Dear, let's calm down... the result wasn't expected, true, but...

Geneva: Wasn't expected!? Daddy, I was supposed to win that damn match! Hell, it seems anymore like I can't win when it counts! First, losing the North American Title, now this!

Jennifer: Geneva, things will turn around... yes, tonight was a setback, but...

Geneva: And you! For the supposed 'leader', you sure haven't done a great job at that! Daddy has done a better job while you've been... who knows where!

Jennifer: Don't take that tone with me, young lady!

Matt: *Gets in-between the two* Now, Now, there's no reason to argue with each other! There's still Lester and Dukes match tonight, not everything is looking down for us...

Geneva: Whatever.

Geneva storms out of the locker-room.

Jennifer: You need to get your Daughter under control, Matthew.

Matt: I'll talk to her... first, however, we must focus on Lester and dukes title defense against Anastasia Darling and Skylar Rayner.

Matt turns to the two behemoths.

Matt: You two, you know what I... we... expect of you. Destruction, Carnage... Devastation.

Lester and Duke nod... they know their task, and plan to carry it out.

Matt: All is not lost, dear sister, these two shall retain their tag-team titles... and soon, very soon, I promise that a change for the better will come to The Alan Family. In fact... I guarantee it.

Matt smirks, while Jennifer merely raises an eyebrow in response.

--

[A flight of stairs near the gorilla position is where Nadia Allen is spotted. She's seated, has the hood of her leather black jacket up on her head, her mouthpiece dangling from her mouth and an icy glare to the camera. She doesn't move right away and her eyes don't flinch.]

Nadia: There's nothing I hate more in life than a coward.

[Nadia tightens her face.]

Nadia: That's what you are, Kellen. You were a coward when you knew I was coming for the World title and you did everything you could to cheat and keep it away from me. And you failed in the end.

Now, you waste a month of my time, hiding the shadows, telling the management that you're going to reveal yourself and then don't. All so you could attack me from behind. Like a coward. You could face me face to face. You don't know what it means to do things that way. That's how you live your life. One percenter. Like every other rich man.

I don't want to waste any more breath on you. I don't want to waste another second dealing. You want to get dirty? You know I'll get dirty.

[Nadia stands up.]

Nadia: You play, you pay. No running. No cheap shots. You walk around thinking you're untouchable. That you're basically a God.

Later tonight, come meet your Maker. Coward.

[Nadia then turns around and walks up the stairs.]

--

Special Challenge Match
Kellen Jeffries Vs Nadia Allen

Nadia was itching to get the party started straight away. Kellen had other plans. He slid out the ring not in a rush to get the grudge match underway. Nadia didn’t fall for the bait, she stayed in the ring as referee Denika Hartwell started the count. She reached nine. Nadia looked like she would exit the ring, Denikia stopped the count. Kellen sighed at her. Denika ushered Kellen back inside, he slid half way in before sliding back out to the dismay of the crowd. Nadia finally had enough of his games, she exited the ring, gave chase, Kellen slid back inside. Nadia acted like she was going to chase him back in, she was smart enough to stop herself. Placing her hands on her hips she stood there as a ten count was made. Denika reached nine. Kellen yelled at her to count 10... Denica had an idea of how important this match is, no chance of a count out settling things. This distraction allowed Nadia to slide in the ring, she was quick enough to tackle Kellen to the mat. As Kellen covered up she continued to ground and pound him. Kellen was finally able to separate himself. He stuck his body through the ropes to force Hartell to get in the middle. Nadia wasn’t impressed. She wanted a fight. Kellen was intent on playing games.

The tide finally changed about five more minutes into the contest. With a well crafted poke to the eye and sending Nadia into the turnbuckle shoulder first, Kellen had Nadia right where he wanted her. He focused on keeping Nadia grounded, the focus of his attack was on her shoulder. She didn’t make it easy for him. Even a wounded Nadia was a dangerous Nadia, the brief moments of offense she did counter with were stopped by a precision attack to the shoulder of Nadia. You can only keep a former World Champion down for so long. A tornado DDT was what was needed to give herself enough time to catch her breath to launch into a spirited comeback. She focused more on MMA style strikes, breaking Kellen down moment by moment. The pin attempts she went for weren’t designed to win the match, just force Kellen to extend another energy for the right moment to put him away.

Kellen went from Game MisConduct (Stone Cold Stunner). Nadia pushed him off. Kicked him in the back, then dropped Kellen with Death By Poison (Spinning headlock lariat into a backbreaker). She could have ended the match there. It wasn’t good enough for her. She grabbed his wrist, with a passion she stomped the ever living hell out of Kellen’s chest and face. Finally let go, the right shoulder was still bothering her. The crowd was one thousand percent behind her.

She mounted Kellen. She reigned elbow after elbow after elbow after elbow into his head to the point where Kellen was busted open. Kellen didn’t put up much of a fight, noticing this, Hartell told Nadia to stop what she was doing. Took about three seconds for Nadia to commence with the beating. Hartell checked on Kellen. Looking over at the time keeper she waved the match off due to Kellen not being responsive.

Winner: By TKO, Nadia Allen.

Nadia didn’t bother to stay in the ring long enough for Denica to raise her hand to signal victory.

She did what she had to do, avenge the blindside attack. Then she left. It took Kellen a little bit to come to. His reaction upon waking up was to laugh. He actually laughed? What kinda sick man is Kellen. Nadia didn’t notice nor care, she walked through the curtain by that juncture. Denica tried to help Kellen to his feet. He refused. He sat in the ring we cut backstage.

--

We cut backstage to the dressing room area. There we find GCW Hall of Fame journalist Dexter Russell. Standing next to him is a woman with a vested interest in one of the matches, tonight, namely the main event; this is “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. The Global Title Contender is dressed in a hot pink blouse, a black knee length skirt, black heels, and a black women’s blazer jacket.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen my guest at this time is the number one contender to the GCW Global Championship, the 2022 Civil War Winner, “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. Thank you for giving me your time tonight, Julia.

Julia: My pleasure, Dex.

Dexter: You are here tonight, you are not scheduled to compete but you are here, because as you say, you are committed to GCW. But you obviously are not here looking for a fight based on how you’re dressed. Are you here just to study the competition? Your opponent and reigning GCW Global Champion Kelsai Adamson-Mason, is defending her World Title tonight against D’Nae Moore in the main event.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: How observant you are, mate? You’re right, I am not here to compete nor am I here to fight. I mean, I could provide backup to D’Nae but she’ll have Jeffrey Alexander watching her back. I’m sure Jeff can keep that tart Tiffany in line, keeping it one on one between D’Nae and Kelsai. And that’s all I want to see is a good fair fight between those two for the GCW World Championship. The fans deserve that much.

Dexter: You have done battle with both. In the 2021 Civil War Match you and D’Nae were the final two competitors. And of course your history with Kelsai is well known. Do you have any predictions on the outcome?

Julia: You’re right, mate, I have thrown down with both of them. I’ll be honest with you, the old Kelsai, the one I used to respect, I would have picked her because she had the heart and the will to fight on, to never give in. But Kelsai has shown her true colors and those colors are yellow. She doesn’t have any heart and definitely no moral compass to speak of. Kelsai has proven she is willing to play dirty. I think Kelsai will once again play dirty, she will try to make this a fight. D’Nae can play dirty if she needs to and she can fight. In a fight I would never pick against D’Nae Moore. So my prediction is that we crown a new GCW World Champion tonight.

Braddock snickers nastily.

Julia: Which means little miss Kelsai is leaving Resurrection with absolutely nothing because on night three I am going to kick her ass and take back the GCW Global Championship and return it to where it belongs…to the people, to the fans of GCW, the fans who have supported me since day one. Tonight is the beginning of the end of Kelsai’s reign of tyranny here in GCW. That is a Vow of Chastity.

--

Anastasia Starling: Lift, oh lift me out… Of my own skin. Of all my doubt. Oh, and take, take from me, leave nothing left… Take everything.

The soulful, powerful and beautiful voice sang out loud and proud to the tune of heavy rock distortion, clearly belonging to the one and only Anastasia Starling, as she poured her heart out musically. But she wasn’t there on camera, instead there was a montage of Ana competing in the Civil War match, eliminating competitor after competitor during her battle royale section, surprising the entire company with her appearance.

Anastasia Starling: Sink, sink your teeth. Split my skin, no. Just make me bleed. Oh, and give, give me all, all that I want… Just give me all…

There were voices, such soulful voices as the footage displayed her performance at Civil War, along with her hot streak in GCW since her entry, battling her way through the well known roster.

Anastasia Starling: And you make it more… than I… could ever feel... Before…

The voices continued on in the background, constantly repeating the lyrics “You know you hypnotize me,”, the words repeating in almost a hymn, finished off each time with “always” instead of amen. The video clips repeatedly played out, footage of past Resurrection events, mammoth moments in GCW history, from main events, title changes, switching through to focus entirely on the history of the Tag Team division. The Sisterhood, legends in their own right, being the very first to hold those belts. Then the Soviet Gingers, Twin Magic, The McBride Corp and then… then… then the Alan Family were completely omitted?

Anastasia Starling: The GCW Undisputed Tag Team Championships… You’ve just seen how much they mean to so many. You have seen the risks that these teams have taken to ensure they either take these titles, or keep their hands on them. You have seen the chances they have taken, the risks, the outright suicidal tendances of some of these alliances and how they would rather put their lives on the line to ensure victory than leave empty handed.

The backing music had faded by now, and Starling, dressed in traditional Polish colours like her Uncle, the former GCW World Champion Andreas Lasiewicz, glared into the camera lens with those greens and blues of hers, looking fiery and determined.

Anastasia Starling: It’s awe-inspiring in many ways…

There were then hands on her shoulders, from a much taller woman. Beautiful, strong, stunning. And dressed in the colours of the Danish flag. Skylar Rayner was right there by her side, a smile on her beautiful face, but determination in her eyes,

Skylar Rayner: And for titles this prestigious, I don’t blame them.

Rayner grinned, looking down to Ana as their eyes met.

Skylar Rayner: It brings the recognition of the wrestling world. And with what so many of these teams have done in this industry, it can be a little daunting. But we came here to not only put smiles on the faces of the fans, but our own as well. Ana here did that on Monday night in the finals of the Interstellar Gemini Tag Team Tournament, something I had the pleasure of calling on commentary. But tonight, I stand with her. And tonight, it’s me and her against the world.

Anastasia Starling: Fitting as the team we face believes the world revolves around them.

Sky giggled at the comment, her eyes still on the camera as they spoke.

Anastasia Starling: Since 2003, I have seen the Alan clan try to take a throat hold of the wrestling business. Ever since Matt Alan tried to seize GDW for his own when the company first formed, kicking out against Dan Herrera and the Revolution Entertainment Company. And it took my Uncle, one of my mental mentors, Andreas Lasieiwicz, to take him on and put him down… The same Uncle who has headlined this very event that we compete on. My blood runs through the very veins of this company.From my record breaking Aunts by law, my Uncle, Andreas… A-and… My Hall of Fame Father…

Skylar was a little firmer on the shoulder massage, Ana reaching to grip Rayner by the hand, clearly the two understanding that the content of her speech being a very personal and emotional moment.

Anastasia Starling: But even my Papa had respect for how this company was run, how it did it’s business, and even though many in the wrestling world look down on GCW as just a southern wrestling company, without the flash and flair and big mouths of the IWC to lead it… I know this company means so much, to so many, in so many places.

Skylar Rayner: This has been a wrestling company before anything else, and has been since it was created twenty years ago. And me and Ana, we are here to wrestle.

Anastasia Starling: We are… for us, for the fans, for everyone that has brought us to the dance. I’ve had a pretty monumental week, what with how me and Betsy did in the Gemini One… But this is just as big of an opportunity, and one me and Skylar have been waiting for for such a long time.

Ana and Sky stood side by side, sharing a side glance before turning back to the camera.

Anastasia Starling: GCW gave me the opportunity to find myself in wrestling again. I posted that on Twitter, and I meant it. I meant it with all my heart. Just as I mean with all my heart that I want, I desire and I need to win these titles alongside my favourite person in the entire world.

Skylar beamed for this comment, looking a little taken aback as she put an arm around her tag team partner.

Anastasia Starling: And we’ll make these titles mean more… Than you could ever feel… before….

Ana sang again, as she had done at the start of this performance. Sky then took the focus of the camera, glaring deep as the footage began to cut away.

Skylar Rayner: We’re here to put smiles on faces, put the Alan Family under, and get everything we have earned. Here at Resurrection, our team is born again… as Champions.

--

Undisputed Tag Team Championships
Anatasia Starling & Skylar Rayner vs The Alan Family (champions)

There was A LOT on the line. Number one, the Undisputed Tag Team Championships, obviously, but also, the fact The Alan Family of Lester and Duke have not been pinned as a tag team since becoming one of the most dominant duos in GCW history.

Ana and Skylar wanted to kick off the proceedings early, before the Alan Family could enter the ring, two connected with joint tope’s on the much larger men. This rocked them, didn’t knock them down. Skylar and Ana kept up the intensity. They came to fight. Not wrestle. And it showed in spades. The Alan’s tried to use her power to their advantage. YOu can’t hit what you can’t catch, a large position of the first half of the match (which eventually did find its way into the ring and the bell ringing to signify the official start of the match), Ana and Skylar had the perfect gameplan.

All good things come to an end. Once Duke caught Ana who tried to perform a crossbody on one half of the tag team champions, The Alan Family began to enforce their will. Classic tag team tactics. Cut half the ring off. Use their power to continue to break down an Ana who has proven in the past she is damn near unbreakable. Some two counts. Some counts that were broken up by Skylar. A moment where Skylar wanted to help, referee Snuggs warned her to get out the ring, giving The Alan’s a chance to illegally beat Ana down some more. Eventually, Ana did make the tag to Skylar. Duke tagged in Lester.

Skylar made sure not to get caught by Lester. She showcased some strong style-style offense while maintaining the evasion tactics that worked so well in the early parts of the match. On the outside, Duke tried to chokeslam Ana through the announce table, at the last second, Ana countered with a DDT which didn’t break the table. However, Duke was laid out enough on the table to give Ana a dangerous idea.

Ana climbed up to the top rope. Effortlessly she leaped, crashing on Duke. The table obviously shattered beneath both of them. This earned an obvious “Holy Shit” from the audience. This left Lester and Skylar alone in the ring. She managed to stun Lester with a backstabber. Dropping to a knee, she rocked him further with The Kick The Took Aries Down. She was feeling pretty good about herself until she noticed, standing over Ana, was the masked man who has shown up during The Alan Family matches, Skylar had a choice. Protect a defenseless Ana or go for the win. This moment of understandable hesitation gave Lester enough time to shake the cobwebs. Spear Skylar. Then conclude the match with The End Times (F5). He went for the cover. No one has kicked out The End Times, it wasn’t going to happen tonight.

Winners: And STILL Undisputed Tag Team Champions, The Alan Family.

Duke began to stir a little bit after the bell rang. So did Ana. The masked man decided to hop over the barricade. Duke grabbed the belts, walked towards the entrance ramp where Lester soon joined him. Ana did manage to get inside the ring to check on Skylar, unaware of what had actually happened. Looked like Skylar slowly filled Ana in on what had happened, then Ana glared at the two brutes who left as they came, tag team champions.

--

*Previously Recorded*

“3 and a half years”

There have been hundreds of great professional wrestling matches through the years at the Greensboro Coliseum so it is more than fitting that Night 1 of the biggest event of the year for GCW, Resurrection XI will take place there on Friday, May 20, 2022. So many memories that will be made, and right now, alone, watching silently in one of the top sections of the arena the night before as the ring crew is hard at work for their preparations for the big one is the woman who will be at the center of so many of those memories, Kelsai Adamson-Mason.

Kelsai: “3 and a half years. That is not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things, is it? Yet 3 and a half years is almost as long as I have been a professional wrestler, in fact Sunday will be exactly 3 years and 5 months to the day that I started my career right here in GCW. Now we all know what is happening on Sunday and believe me when I tell you that I will have plenty to say about what I will be doing that night and the little bitch I will be facing in the main event of Night 3.”

Looking down where the ring crew continues to do their work so diligently that they are not even aware that there is anyone in the arena with them, Kelsai sighs heavily before slightly smiling.

Kelsai: “Right now is not the time to get into all of that specifically though. Because have I mentioned that this the eve before the biggest event that professional wrestling has ever witnessed, GCW’s Resurrection XI? That right it all starts tomorrow, Night 1, right here where I am sitting in the arena of the Greensboro Coliseum, Resurrection XI. Like it or not too, Resurrection XI will have my stamp all over it. I am the CHAMPIONS! The GCW World Heavyweight Champion and the GCW Global Heavyweight Champion. That is precisely who I am. No one has to like it; I don’t even hold it against you if you don’t. As fans you pay your money to see us perform and you can cheer or boo and there is nothing we can do about it nor should there be. But you do have to learn to live with the fact that yes, I am the CHAMPIONS damn it.

Sick of hearing me say that? I understand but the thing is I don’t care if you are sick of hearing me say that. I went out and accomplished this historic feat that none of you have and I did it in less than 3 and a half years! Most wrestlers go their entire careers and don't achieve what I have in 3 and a half years! I am damn proud that I did it, so I am going to tell everyone about whether they like it or not. And if you don’t like it? Go ahead and challenge me for either one of my belts; I am not hard to find and I will defend my titles against anyone!

Isn’t that right, D’Nae Moore?”

The camera pans in close to the face of a very serious looking Kelsai.

Kelsai: “Yes, I know “we are not friends” D’Nae. Believe me I get that now, loud and clear. I thought we were friends; I thought that when we were laughing and joking with each other while we were training at BOA I thought we were friends. When I took you out to eat multiple times after training because I could afford it when you couldn’t because you were just starting out, I thought we were friends. The way I used to push you on twitter, normally I would only do that for a friend! But no, that joke was on me and it is crystal clear that we are not friends D’Nae and that’s fine. We are going to have our match, it’s going to be the main event, a match to remember at GCW Resurrection XI, Night 1 tomorrow night in this building because I AM IN IT, but there will be no friendship.

Just me whipping your ass over the Greensboro Coliseum, because yes you won the right to challenge me for this match, something that I was proud of you for because , but you are going to be in the ring with THE CHAMPIONS D’Nae, and trust me babe, you are NOT ready.

You’re good, but as I will prove to the world on the biggest stage in this industry, you don’t have what it takes to measure up to me, and guess what? You are a smart girl, so you already know too! Tomorrow night could have been so different D’Nae! We could have had a match, a great match between two friends. I would have even invited you and Jeffrey to enjoy some drinks with me, Victor, and Tiffany after I won!

But no, you had to make sure that I knew we are not friends, and that changed everything. And hey you did catch me by surprise, it was a HUGE surprise when you said that, I was floundering, didn’t know what to say for a while. But D’Nae, as you know I used to play football and with that in mind, I am going to use an analogy that I think everyone from Atlanta including you will understand as long as you pay attention, are you ready?

You had me hurt, shocked, and floundering before our match when you said that we are not friends. You had a huge lead on me mentally before the match, like say 28-3.

Congratulations, well done.

But there is still the fourth quarter D’Nae and what you didn’t know is that I am TOM FUCKING BRADY in a wrestling ring and tomorrow night?

Tom Brady is going to get your ass in the fourth quarter.

Kelsai smiles slightly, as the camera fades with the ring crew in the background still working to get everything ready for Night 1 of Resurrection XI.

--

[We see D'Nae Moore outside her locker room, all dressed in her gear and taped up, ready to go for the night's main event – Moore vs Adamson-Mason, GCW World Championship on the line. Hair freshly braided with blue highlights to match her gear, D'Nae stands confident with her hands on her hips.]

D'Nae: “Ima keep this short and sweet for y'all. Kelsai likes to rattle on and on and on, she must like how she sounds or something. But I'm not gonna waste everyone's time tellin' any more stories or talking about how that lil girl has delusions. Y'all already know my story. Y'all already know what I had to go through, how hard I had to work to get to this point in my career. More than that, y'all already know that Miss Kelsai ain't had to work for SHIT in her life. Grew up with a famous wrestling daddy. Money. Had all the training she wanted as soon as she wanted it. Got her foot in the wrestling door thanks to her husbands family and her connection to Amy Chastaine. I ain't had none of that. Kelsai and me couldn't be any more different, and all this time this lil girl thought because we trained at the same gym that we was friends.

Baybay, let me tell you about my friends.

They was there for me when these scrubs in Atlanta pretended to be runnin' a wrestling school and tried to tell me I couldn't do it because I ain't got a penis. They helped me scrape together as much money as possible for me to take a bus to New Orleans, and get started on proving them wrong.

Look at me now, huh? I'm about to walk to that ring tonight and fight with everything in me for the World Championship. Against a woman who... I have no problem admitting is talented, has worked hard, and earned her position here. But that don't mean she gets to keep it forever, and it don't mean she wants it more than I do. After everything I had to do to get here, I think its obvious how much I want this. Most people faced with the obstacles I had would have given up. I had hurdles to clear, pits to jump over, mountains to climb, bullshit to wade through... yet here I am. Kelsai? She had a highway free of traffic, straight to her destination. She's good, but she ain't never been faced with the kinds of hardships I have to get where I want to be. Just that alone gives me an edge, y'all know I have a chip on my shoulder, and I'm grateful that the GCW fans accept that and back me up anyway.

And tonight? Ima go out there and buck up to Miss Kelsai, and show her once and for all that no boo, we ain't friends. How could we be? We come from different worlds, we got here by different roads, and my road? Prepared me to handle everything you got, and just come back at you with more.”

[D'Nae grins a little bit.]

D'Nae: “I guess I talked a little more than I meant to. But it's fine. I'm done talking. It's time to take the place I worked for and earned.”

[With a smile, D'Nae brushes her braids back over her shoulder and walks into the locker room, no doubt to get into the right mindset to face a World Champion... and become one.]
--

Main Event
D'Nae Moore vs Kelsai Adamson-Mason (champion)

Jeffrey Alexander accompanied D’Nae Moore to the ring.

Tiffany, per usual, accompanied Kelsai to the ring. Before Kelsai entered the ring she walked over to her husband Victor who was sitting in the crowd. They share a quick kiss.

D’Nae began the match a literal woman on fire. She was psyched, amped, and it showed. She kept the early going very faced paced. Kelsai didn’t appear ready at first. Perhaps it was still being somewhat unnerved that D’Nae never really considered her a friend or she didn’t take into account how excited D’Nae would be competing in her first match for a World Championship on the line. After a while Kelsai slid out the ring. Her and Tiffany were appearing to talk over strategy. D’Nae wouldn’t allow that. She wanted to keep the momentum flowing. Kelsai ran, as D’Nae tried to give chase, Tiffany stood in the way, cutting D’Nae off. D’Nae was going to knock Tiff’s lights out. Ever the speedster and one of the quickest women in the game, Kelsai got into position to connect with a topee through the middle ropes. Kelsai was proud of herself. Took a bit long to celebrate. This gave D’Nae enough time to collect herself. Once she caught Kelsai, D’Nae began taking her to the woodshed some more.

D’Nae climbed to the top rope, a rare sight. She lept off the turnbuckle to come down on Kelsai with a frog splash. Kelsai got her knees up. From that point forward, Kelsai focused on the ribs. Kicks. Elbows. An octopus stretch mixed in. D’Nae wasn’t going to give up on the biggest night of her professional career no matter how many times Kelsai screamed at her “quit, quit.” The slower pace of the match wasn’t the norm for Kelsai, but she did what she had to do to keep the momentum in her favor.

She connected with a springboard drop kick to the ribs. Even that wasn’t enough. Kelsai became more and more frustrated. Kelsai left herself open for D’Nae to sneak in Dirty South, the Gory into a Neckbreaker move that Amy Chastaine taught her. This allowed D’Nae more than enough time to recover.

Once fiery comeback and a couple of near falls later, D’Nae was feeling it. The crowd was back in the match. All appeared to be going fine for the Atlanta native.

D’Nae dropped Kelsai with the MOOREGASM. The crowd went nuts. Malcolm Stride dropped down to the mat.

ONE...

TWO...

THR--

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At the very last possible moment, Tiffany Manning grabbed Malcomn’s leg enough to distract him from the three count. Malcolm turned around. It took a moment for D’Nae to process what was happening. She looked at Tiff who had an ah shucks expression on her face. Malcolm walked over to Tiffany, urging her to get out. She wouldn’t budge. Jeffrey Alexander walked over to where she was. Slowly but surely, Tiffany started backing away from the ring. Jeff made sure Tiffany wasn’t going to try anything. With all parties distracted, Victor Mason slides into the ring, grabs D’Nae by the hair. Quickly drops her with swinging reverse STO. Just as quickly as he slid in, he slithers out. Tiffany finally make her way to the back.

When Malcomn turns around he notices both D’Nae and Kelsai down. Kelsai had enough time to recover enough from the MOOREGASM to slither her way over to D’Nae to lay one arm across her chest.

ONE

TWO

THREE...

Winner: (AND STILL) World Champion, Kelsai-Adamson Mason

The crowd starts chanting “this is bullshit” as Victor goes over to time keepers table, grabs both of Kelsai’s championships, lays them on the mat. Slides into the ring to retrieve his wife. Jeff slide into the ring with D’Nae, it didn’t take rocket science for him to put two and two together. He looks like he is going to go after Victor. He is more worried about D’Nae. Victor helps Kelsai away from the ring to the top of the ramp. The married couple shares a passionate kiss as the boos reign in, and Night 1 closes with Kelsai Adamson-Mason still a double champion and a chance to get rid of Julia Braddock for good in two nights.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Resurrection XI

Post by admin » Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm

NIGHT TWO

(Fireworks and pyro go off signaling the start of Resurrection Night Two. The stage is set looking nice and luxurious with red carpeting, gold banners, and a podium on one side of the stage. There is a entrance ramp that leads to a standard sized wrestling ring which will host the matches for the evening. When the pyro comes to an end we cut to ring announcer Robert Lee who stands in the center of the ring.)

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, to kick off Night Two of Resurrection XI, please welcome the minority owner, Chief Executive Officer, and member of Global Championship Wrestling’s Founding Family, AURORA ALAN!

(“Bring Me To Life” by Evanescence begins to play. Aurora Alan steps out onto the stage to a loud ovation and cheers from the audience. She politels waves at the crowd as she turns and makes her way to a podium on the far right side of the stage. She waves at the crowd some more waiting for her music to die down. Eventually the music does come to a stop and Aurora begins to speak.)

Aurora: Thank you, Robert. I honestly did not know what to expect tonight. My older brother, Matthew Alan…

(The crowd boos at the mention of Matthew Alan. Aurora chuckles lightly.)

Aurora: …I know, I know, he isn’t very popular right now. But still, he started Global Championship Wrestling. Despite the man he may have turned into with all of his flaws and some may even argue criminal attributes, his vision for GCW was certainly a vision worth fighting for; GCW really was…and still is…a part of my family’s legacy. I never was part of the original GCW growing up, my brother and sister were the brains behind it. But then back in 2012 Glory Braddock bought GCW back from the GDW shareholders and she decided to Resurrect GCW. Glory could see past my brother’s flaws and see the beautiful vision of what GCW could be. And she fought to bring that vision to fruition. I’d like to take this time to thank Glory Braddock for bringing my family’s legacy back from the dead and delivering traditional wrestling action to the fans around the world. And I would also like to thank her for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime…the opportunity to stand here tonight now as a minority owner of my family’s legacy, the CEO of my family’s legacy. I never expected to be standing here today, yet here I am.

(The crowd cheers loudly.)

Aurora: Tonight is the second night of the three night Resurrection event. Derek Powers will face Kurt Logan in a submission match. The team of Fabulous will battle The McBride Corporation. And in tonight’s main event, Queen Brittany Kayl, the runner up in the 2022 Civil War Match, will challenge Rayola Divine for the GCW X Division Championship. Also we will honor this year’s 2022 Hall of Fame Class which consists of Lenore Price Mason, Minerva, Brooklyn Smith, and Brittany Kayl. And of course we will have our awards ceremony. Now some may ask why we have our awards ceremony in the middle of the year instead at the very end? See, Resurrection marks the beginning of a new year for GCW. This is Resurrection XI, so that means we are beginning the eleventh year of GCW since it was brought back. And we are also going to HONOR the accomplishments of those during the previous year, the tenth year of GCW. For now I am going to turn the show over to a former GCW World Champion and GCW Hall of Famer, Steve Powers!

(Aurora leaves the podium. She is met by Steve Powers who emerges onto the stage. The two embrace and the crowd cheers loudly. Steve Powers then approaches the podium.)

Steve: Thanks, Aurora, but you got it wrong. I am not just Steve Powers. I am THE VERY BEST…

(Steve flashes his big toothy grin.)

Steve: …Steve Powers!

(He winks.)

Steve: I’m here to announce four awards, the first of them is gonna be The Shocking Moment of the Year Award. They say anything can happen in this sport and trust me, I know. I have seen it all and yet I am still surprised at some of the stuff I see go down in that ring. The 2021 - 2022 year of GCW definitely saw some shocking moments but the one singular moment that took the cake and earned the award….congratulations to the GCW World and Global Champion Kelsai Adamson-Mason, the award goes to you for the End of the Year Bash, siding with Adrian Waters and Tiffany Manning!

(The crowd boos. Powers scoffs.)

Steve: Hey, I don’t blame her. You do what you have to do to win in this game. Win at any cost. And she did whatever was necessary to beat Julia Braddock at the Bash. Will that happen tomorrow night? Well, tune in and find out. But speaking of matches, our Match of the Year award is next. There were a lot of great matches this past year from Chanel Hunter vs. Nadia Allen, Julia Braddock vs. Nadia Allen, Princess Nava vs. Lenore Price-Mason, and I could go on and on. But this year the Match of the Year goes to…Julia Braddock vs. Lenore Price-Mason for the GCW Global Championship on Livewire!

Steve: Sometimes great matches create great feuds, that isn’t always the case. In this case, Lenore and Julia did not get the Livewire Award for Feud of the Year. But who did get that award? Again, there were plenty of quality feuds throughout this past year. But the winners of the Livewire Award for feud of the year…Julia Braddock and Queen Brittany of Kayl First of her Name!

(This receives a mixed but mostly positive reaction from the fans.)

Steve: Last but not least is the Shotgun Award. The Shotgun Award goes to the one wrestler who you think is going to hit it big next year. In other words, year 11 of GCW will belong to who exactly? As voted upon by you the fans, the Shotgun Award goes to…the current GCW X Division Champion Rayola Divine!

Steve: Now that we got those first four awards out of the way I’m going to send it to our announce team calling all of the action tonight, the classic GCW announce team of Jim Bishop and Jack Griffith, for our opening contest of the evening, Kurt Logan against my younger brother Derek Powers in a submission match!

Submission Match
Derek Powers vs. Kurt Logan

[Kurt Logan with a clothesline, a dropkick, and then a high back body drop sending Derek over the top and to the outside. Kurt with a plancha over the top onto Derek. Kurt with a belly to belly overhead suplex on the outside. He pulls Derek up goes for an Irish whip but Derek reverses sending Kurt into the steel steps. Derek charges in but Kurt drop toe holds Derek sending him face first onto the steel steps. Kurt rolls Derek back into the ring. Kurt with a swinging neck breaker. Kurt applies a neck vice. Derek fights his way back up to his feet and Kurt switches into a side headlock. Derek counters into a belly to back suplex. Derek with Winning Smile taking Kurt down. Derek with Powers That Be. Derek applies a leg grapevine to Kurt. Kurt struggles and after about forty five seconds reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Derek with a dragon screw and then reapplies the leg grapevine. Another forty seconds and Kurt reaches the ropes. Derek drags Kurt over towards the steel ring post. Derek tries to apply the figure four on the ring post but Kurt uses his leg strength to pull Derek forward ramming Derek face first into the steel ring post.]

[Kurt rolls to the outside and then connects with a swinging neck breaker on the outside. Kurt with a slingshot sending Derek face first into the steel ring post. Derek is now clearly busted open. Kurt pulls Derek up and rolls him back into the ring. Kurt with Logan’s Run! Kurt applies The Gordian Knot! Derek is in extreme pain with blood flowing freely and quickly down his face. Referee Shawn Denika Hartwell considers calling it but Derek shouts angrily not to end it. Derek fights towards the ropes and after over a minute in the hold reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Kurt measures Derek for another Logan’s Run but Derek ducks out of the way avoiding contact. Derek spears Kurt, breaking him in half. Derek with a Powers Driver to Kurt Logan! Derek with The Absolute Best Submission locked in! Kurt struggles in the hold and tries to crawl, dragging himself and Derek to the ropes. Kurt reaches the ropes after about a minute. Derek breaks the hold, drags Kurt back to the center, and reapplies The Absolute Best Submission. Kurt fights in the hold for another minute…but this time after a full combined two minutes in the figure four Kurt taps out.]

=====================================================================

We cut back to the red carpet area. There we find Janelle St. Claire, a GCW journalist, dressed in a fancy pink ball gown. She has a microphone in hand as she walks around, talking, and trying to find someone to interview.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen, Janelle St. Claire here on the red carpet and I hope to get a word with one of the GCW stars tonight about…

Suddenly Kimberly Williams, the reigning Unsanctioned Champion, runs past Janelle, followed by unofficial Unsanctioned referee Ricky Sharpe.

Janelle: Uh, Kim?

Kim: No time!

Kim and Ricky take off. They are followed by Dalek.

Dalek: EVACUATE!

Now Janelle is further confused. She motions for the camera crew to follow her as she tries to get a word with Kim. Why would you want a good word in with Kim? Eventually another person speeds past Janelle, this time it is Aubrianna Powers.

Aubrianna: Get back here! That title is mine!

Powers sneaks up behind Kim, spins her around, and throws a right hand. Kim throws a right hand. The two trade rights and lefts. Kim starts to get the better of the exchange until The MVP knees her in the gut and then ddts Kim on the concrete. Powers covers…

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Aubrianna Powers

The MVP hops up off Kim and shouts with glee.

Aubrianna: Yes! I did it! I won! Now I just need to call Brooke…or maybe Valentina…one of them has to be in the area, they can pick me up and get me out of here before…

Suddenly Janelle St. Claire rolls Powers up with a school girl…

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Janelle St. Claire

Janelle gets up off of Powers.

Janelle: I won! I’m a champion!

She quickly kicks off her heels.

Janelle: I can’t run in heels…

She turns and starts to run away but a strange woman gets right in her path. Her hands are behind her back and smirking devilishly at Janelle.

Janelle: Uh, who are you? Are you here for Resurrection Night Two?

Ambrosia: I’m Ambrosia…and you have my property…

She reveals that she is holding a taser in hand, which she quickly uses against Janelle, bringing the journalist down. Ambrosia quickly covers.

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Ambrosia

We cut backstage where we see Janice King, the Hall of Fame Journalist who is certainly proud of that achievement, dressed in a gold sequined dress. Standing with her is “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock dressed in a fancy dress of her own.

Janice: Resurrection XI Night Two is under way! I am Janice King and with me at this time is a woman who is up for several awards tonight, she herself was inducted into the Hall of Fame several years ago, she is “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock!

Julia: Thank you, Janice.

Janice: Now I’m sure your primary focus is on Night Three when you challenge Kelsai Adamson-Mason for the GCW Global Championship. But let’s face it, Kelsai has already had some great success. She retained the GCW World Championship last night, she has won an award already tonight and is nominated for more awards…are you concerned that the momentum is on the side of the champion?

Braddock chuckles.

Julia: Not one bit, Janice. You forget that I have momentum myself. I won the 2022 Civil War Match and tonight I am nominated for several awards of my own here tonight. But you’re right, my focus is on Night Three. Kelsai may have had some good moments thus far these first two nights but I am going to make sure her Resurrection ends on a sour note when I take back the GCW Global Championship.

Janice: What do you think about this year’s Hall of Fame Class?

Julia: Brooklyn Smith should have been inducted long ago, especially after everything she has done for GCW. I am thrilled that she’s going in and I hope that her time wrestling with GCW isn’t over. I would love to face her one more time. Lenore? What can I say about her that hasn’t already been said? She is a hell of a talent, the longest reigning Global Champion in history, and the two of us put on a Match of the Year candidate last year. I only fought Minerva once, it was for the World Title, but that one time was all it took for me to recognize her talent. All of them deserve to be in the Hall. Even that royal pain in the ass Brittany Kayl.

Janice: Even though Kayl attacked your friend Destiny?

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Of course. I mean, if you’re asking me about her talent then I’m not going to lie. She’s good. She’s damn good. Is she an annoying little brat? Of course. But she’s still good and talented in that ring. It’s no wonder she and I are up for feud of the year.

Janice: Well speaking of the Queen, she is challenging Rayola Divine for the X Division Title tonight. Do you have a prediction?

Julia: That one is tough for me to call, Janice, because I haven’t fought Ray. I have shared the ring with her as a partner but never as an opponent. If you forced me to make a prediction I’d reluctantly say Britt wins but that’s only because I don’t have any experience fighting Ray to be able to make a fair assessment. Though I think I can honestly say this, Britt WILL give Ray the fight of her life and vice-versa. If Rayola retains her title tonight, I’m not sure she will be able to defeat Danielle Page tomorrow night to become a unified champion.

Janice: Thank you for your time, Julia. And good luck tomorrow night.

Braddock nods and walks off.

The following is a paid promotional video from Her Royal Majesty Queen Brittany of Kayl, First in Her Name, the Mother of Entertainment.

The scene rises up inside the throne room of Queen Brittany of Kayl, professional wrestling monarch, top contender to the GCW X-Division Championship, and newest inductee into the GCW Hall of Fame. Brittany sits upon her throne - a garish seat made up of melted down championships yielded by defunct wrestling promotions, padded with the leather of the belt straps - flanked by two nameless guards. Resting her hands on either side of herself, Brittany smiles.

Kayl: “By my most noble of proclamations, tonight is going to be the harbinger of change in Global Championship Wrestling… the dawning of a new era. For tonight, in the main event of Resurrection Night Two, I shall liberate the X-Division Championship from Rayola Davine and return to my rightful glory.”

Brittany raises her right hand, unveiling a hand-painted portrait of two Resurrections ago, where she defeated Minerva and Aubrianna Powers to become the GCW World Champion.

Kayl: “Things were much better then. They were simpler. They were quaint. But after a brush with the devil, we were all robbed of the true potential of that reign. And that is really what tonight is about, is it not? Potential. When I am held to my standards, things are good. But when I am to sacrifice… when I am to allow other talent to take the spotlight rightly placed upon me… well, where is Chanel Hunter today, hmm? Gone while I remain. Because I always remain. I am eternal. That is part of why I am being honoured tonight with my induction into the GCW Hall of Fame. But this is not about that… this is about potential. I spoke of it before… we were robbed of the TRUE potential of my World Championship reign in a callous manner that SHALL be avenged before too long, I promise you that. And Rayola Davine… you truly do not understand the potential of the Championship you presently sire.”

Brittany smirks, sitting back as she raps her fingers on the arm of her throne.

Kayl: “But that is okay… for once I claim that Championship for my own, you can then realise the potential you once held and see it for what it truly is: A catalyst to even bigger and better things. You’ll see… and then you and everyone else will hail me as the one true Queen of Professional Wrestling!”

With that, the scene fades out.

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, to announce the next set of awards, please welcome former GCW Global Champion, GCW Hall of Famer, and Fever General Manager, Angelica Jones!

(“All The Things She Said” by T.A.T.U. begins to play. The crowd comes alive and cheers loudly as Angelica Jones emerges onto the stage wearing a fancy red ball gown. The Boston native approaches the podium and blows kisses at the crowd, bringing about even more cheers from the fans.)

Angelica: First can we hear it for Derek Powers and Kurt Logan? That one hell of a submission match!

(The fans cheer loudly in agreement.)

Angelica: Derek and Kurt have been around GCW for many years now. They showed all of you what a GCW wrestler can do. The next award, though, is about the newcomers to GCW. Everyone who made their GCW debut from Resurrection X to Civil War 2022 are all nominated for Newcomer of the Year. The question is, who made the biggest impact and who did the most in the eyes of you fans to earn the award for Newcomer of the Year? This year at Resurrection XI, the GCW Newcomer of the Year is…the current X Division Champion Rayola Divine!

Angelica: I have always believed that GCW has had one of the strongest tag team divisions in professional wrestling. In the early years you had The First Family of Professional Wrestling, Fame & Fortune, The Golden Era, and Total War. Today you have Fabulous, Rising Tide, The McBride Corporation, The Alan Family, and many more. But one team in the eyes of GCW fans stood above them all last year. And appropriately enough, with this team officially disbanding when Resurrection XI is over, they have won what will probably be their final award. Congratulations to Aubrianna Powers, Chantelle Chambers, and Chanel Hunter, THE SOVEREIGN!

(The crowd boos loudly.)

Angelica: I hear those boos…but wrestling isn’t a popularity contest. The name of the game is winning and sometimes winning makes you unpopular, especially with HOW you win. Who is the Most Hated in GCW? The past few years it was Andrew Raynes. But this year we crown a new most hated for GCW and this year the crown of Most Hated goes to ADRIAN WATERS!

(The crowd boos again, even louder this time. Angelica chuckles.)

Angelica: We can’t have love without hate, and not every wrestler ascribes to the philosophy of by any means necessary. Some embrace the fans with open arms and the fans in turn love them right back. Which wrestler is the Most Loved by the GCW fans? The Most Loved wrestler is none other than JULIA BRADDOCK!

Angelica: Now we’re moving on to our next match, and appropriately enough as we just awarded Tag Team of the Year, it will be a tag team match pitting Fabulous against The McBride Corporation.

We cut back to the backstage area where we find Dexter Russell, a GCW Hall of Fame journalist dressed in to the nines in a nice dapper looking tuxedo. He is standing in between Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins, creating an absolutely Fabulous sandwich, so to speak.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen I am Dexter Russell and my guests at this time are two Hall of Famers in their own right, Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins. Ladies, you are not dressed to impress as many of us are, but that’s because you are competing tonight against The McBride Corporation. Is it fair to say that your sights are set upon the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship?

Collins nods her head.

Summer: That would be a fairly obvious thing to say, Dex. Yes, our sights are set upon the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship. The fact is that we have been with GCW since day one of its resurrection. Aurora Alan spoke of year one 2012 earlier? We were here since year one and we are still here tonight. Yet we had to practically beg for a spot on the show? That is blasphemous.

Jessica: We are the single best tag team in GCW. This tag team division was built upon our blood, sweat, and tears. It doesn’t matter who currently holds the gold or who will hold the gold in the future. The tag team division comes through us, it comes through Fabulous. And as far as The McBride sisters go, they had their moment in the spotlight. They managed to fend off the likes of The Rising Tide, The Alan Family, and The Sovereign to become champions. They beat Wrestling’s Most Wanted to become undisputed tag team champions. They even defended against us successfully. But from that point on they got cocky and their luck ran out. They lost the titles to The Alan Family.

Summer: And their luck will continue to run out tonight. Melanie and Karen, we are going to prove that your lucky streak was just that…lucky. It was a fluke. And we are going to mop the floor with you in that ring.

Jessica: And when we defeat you, make no doubt about it WE are coming after the tag team championship. And that is absolutely Fabulous.

We cut to another part of the backstage area. There we find Ambrosia in a heated brawl with Aubrianna Powers. The unsanctioned unofficial referee Ricky Sharpe is standing in the background waiting to see if a decision is rendered. Ambrosia smashes Powers’s head against a steel door. Powers drops to a knee.

Ambrosia: Maybe it’s time to take out the trash you blonde ditzy bimbo…

She picks up a trash can lid. Just as Powers stands up Ambrosia blasts her in the head with it. Ambrosia covers but Ricky doesn’t count. Annoyed Ambrosia gets up and confronts the unofficial official.

Ambrosia: I just knocked her on her ass! Make the count!

Ricky: Uh…but you ARE the champion! You don’t need to make any pins. At least that what Kim told me.

“EXTERMINATE!”

Yes, the Dalek has returned. And unfortunately, Ambrosia is its target. Ambrosia turns around and what appears to be Dalek’s “gun” is now a taser, which Dalek uses to tase Ambrosia, knocking her down. Kim happily strolls onto the scene.

Kim: Don’t you love my new enhancements to Dalek? Not only can he spray hot sauce into people’s eyes but he can tase as well!

Williams hops on top of Ambrosia. Ricky counts.

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Kimberly Williams

Williams hops up and snatches the Unsanctioned Title belt back.

Kim: Come on, Dalek! Before Aubrey or Ambrosia get up!

Kim leaps on top of Dalek and rides away.

We cut backstage to the catering area where we see none other than Izzi Grimes talking to a few members of the backstage crew. Her eyes soon catch the camera and she can’t help but share that infectious smile of hers as she waves.

Izzi Grimes: Hiiii!!!!

The fans in the arena can be heard cheering as they see Izzi on screen.

Izzi Grimes: I guess the cat is out of the bag huh? I’m officially signed to Global Championship Wrestling!

She smiles widely as the fans cheer again.

Izzi Grimes: And of course, I was low key here for night one and now you’ve caught me hanging around for night two of Resurrection XI! I had to be here to scope out the competition! But now that you’re here with me, let me say a few things.

The always jovial Izzi gets a bit more serious as her eyes peer into the camera.

Izzi Grimes: A year ago, I came close to reaching the mountaintop in this sport. Then I let personal things get in the way and I took a short break. I came back earlier this year and I let the world know that 2022 was going to be the year of Izzi Grimes. Well, now that I’m here in GCW? It’s especially going to be true!

She steps closer to the camera.

Izzi Grimes: It doesn’t matter who you put up against me or what challenges that I have to face, I will be ready for all of it. There isn’t anyone that is going to stop me and then when this year is all said and done? Everyone will know that I am the best Grimes in the world. Not my cousin Gavin and definitely not my brother Corey. Nope. The name Izzi Grimes will be at the tip of everyone’s tongues. Bet on that.

She nods before smiling widely and waving at the camera.

Izzi Grimes: See ya around!

And just like that, Izzi was out of the frame and the scene cut away.

Fabulous vs. The McBride Corporation
[Jessica Lasiewicz and Melanie McBride start off the match for their respective teams. Jessica connects with several arm drags, a hip toss, and then a spinning heel kick. Jessica makes the hot tag to Summer. Summer and Jessica with double flapjack to Melanie. Summer with a dragon screw to Melanie and then turns her over into a single leg crab. Melanie reaches the ropes after about a minute. Summer whips her into the Fabulous corner and charges in with a stinger splash. Summer distracts the referee to allow Jessica to lock Melanie in a figure four around the ring post. Seeing this, Blair McBride goes over and breaks it up. Jessica and Blair are brawling outside ring. Summer meanwhile brings a steel chair into the ring to try and use it against Melanie but Karen steps into the ring, snatches the chair away from Summer, and blasts her in the head with it. All of this went down undetected by referee Shawn Pack who is currently busy sending Blair McBride to the back.]

[Karen tags herself into the match. Karen pulls Summer up and drops her with Bankrupt. Karen covers…1…2…Kickout! Karen locks in White Collar Crime. Summer struggles to try and reach the ropes but can’t quite get there. Karen drags Summer towards The McBride corner. Melanie tags herself back in. Karen and Melanie with Blood Is Thicker Than Water. Melanie covers..1…2…Kickout! Melanie tags back out to Karen. Karen and Melanie with Flight of the Valkyrie! Karen covers…1…2…3NO! Jessica breaks it up! Melanie climbs up to the top as Karen sets Summer up for a pile driver. Summer back drops out of it, sending Karen into the turnbuckle and causing Melanie to straddle the top. Summer drags herself over and tags out to Jessica.]

[Lasiewicz with Our Lady Peace to Karen. Melanie leaps off the top with a missile dropkick to Jessica. Summer in and clotheslines herself and Melanie over the top and to the outside. Karen spears Jessica. Karen with an STO. Karen hoists Lasiewicz up and goes for McBride’s Ride but Jessica slips out of it and connects with Pure Deformation. She covers…1….2…3NO! Karen gets a shoulder up. Melanie with Evolution to Summer on the outside. Jessica whips Karen in…Melanie blind tags herself in. Karen with a jumping knee strike. Karen goes out after Summer to keep her isolated. Melanie sets Jessica up for Evolution but Jessica counters with a dragon screw. Jessica applies The Four Card Trick. Karen sees this and tries to break it up but Summer intercepts with a spear. Melanie taps out.]
WINNERS: Fabulous

(We cut backstage where we find GCW President Francis Taylor making a special appearance this evening alongside the five winners of the Global X Destiny Match; Miss America, Akeem, Veronica Taylor, Ariana Angelos, and Mara Kade.)

Francis: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining me here tonight and congratulations on your victory in the Global X Destiny Match last night at Resurrection XI Night 1…

Veronica: Yeah, yeah, let’s get on with this please? Let them know I have the World Title Shot and move on.

(The GCW President rolls her eyes.)

Francis: Perhaps you have that, perhaps you don’t? There are five briefcases. One IS A World Title Match that you can cash in at any time, anywhere…

Veronica: That’s mine!

Ariana: Or mine?

Mara: Shut up, both of you!

Francis: Silence! One is a world title match…another is a shot at the X Divison OR Heritage Title that you can cash in at any time, anywhere, the third is a shot at the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship with a partner of your choosing that you can cash in at any time, anywhere…

(Akeem smirks.)

Akeem: Kowloon would love that.

Francis: Last but not least there are the final two briefcases, Destiny and Nothing. The person who has the NOTHING Briefcase but perform one task or favor, whatever you want to call it, for the holder of the DESTINY Briefcase. Think of it as they hold your DESTINY in their hands. They can demand that favor of you anytime they want for one year. But it is a temporary favor. It does not mean they have to perform favors for you for an entire year. A favor that lasts a day? Sure. Maybe even a favor that lasts an entire week? Maybe. But not a year, that’s ridiculous. In fact, in order to ensure that the favor is within reason, the holder of the Destiny Briefcase must get approval from General Manager Tabitha Silverstone.

(Suddenly Kimberly Williams comes rushing into the room being chased by Aubrianna Powers and Ambrosia.)

Kim: Get away!

(Kim trips over Miss America. Ambrosia covers…)

1!
2!

(Powers breaks it up. She throws Ambrosia into Dalek, knocking them both over. Kim rises up but is met by a superkick from Powers. Aubrianna drops a leg and covers. The Sanctioned Unsanctioned Referee Ricky Sharpe administers the count…)

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Aubrianna Powers

(Powers leaps up and snatches the Unsanctioned Title away from Kim.)

Aubrianna: WHOOO! It’s mine! All mine!

(Powers runs off. Kim scrambles back up to her feet and gives chase. Ambrosia and Dalek follow suit. GCW President Francis Taylor rolls her eyes.)

Francis: Now…UNLESS ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO INTERRUPT…we can begin.

Veronica: I’LL START!

Francis: I don’t care at this point. Anyone start!

(Veronica Taylor opens her briefcase…inside it reads “DESTINY”.)

Veronica: …that’s not the world title shot…

Francis: But ONE of the other four owes you a favor now. That’s a plus. Now who is next?

(Mara Kade steps forward. She opens her briefcase and it reads “Singles Title Shot”)

Francis: Mara, you have a shot at the X Division or Heritage Title, your choice, any time you want.

Mara: Damn right.

Francis: Who is next?

(Akeem steps forward and opens his briefcase. Inside it reads “Tag Team Title Match”)

Akeem: Just what Kowloon wanted!

Francis: Very good. Now, we are left with Miss America and Ariana Angelos. One of you has a guaranteed World Title Match, anytime and anywhere you want, within a year’s time. The other has the looming threat of having to perform a task or favor for Veronica Taylor over your shoulders for a year. Ladies, open them up on three…ONE…TWO…THREE!

(Miss America and Ariana Angelos open their briefcases. Miss America begins jumping for joy as she sees “World Title Match” in her briefcase.)

Miss America: YES! I DID IT!

(Ariana looks inside hers and it indeed has nothing inside. She looks over at Veronica who smirks.)

Veronica: Hey, it isn’t a world title shot but at least I get to make you my bitch!

(We cut back to the ringside area.)

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, for the final two awards of the evening, please welcome back the CEO of Global Championship Wrestling, Aurora Alan!

(“Bring Me To Life” by Evanescence begins to play. Aurora Alan steps out onto the stage to a loud ovation and cheers from the audience. She politels waves at the crowd as she turns and makes her way to a podium on the far right side of the stage. She waves at the crowd some more waiting for her music to die down. Eventually the music does come to a stop and Aurora begins to speak.)

Aurora: Now it is time for the two big awards. The Male and Female Wrestler of the Year. Which two wrestlers have been deemed by you the fans to the best of the best? We have asked that you base this determination not necessarily on anything they have said or done outside the ring but primarily upon their body of work inside the ring from Resurrection X to Civil War 2022. The first is Female Wrestler of the Year…she earned the right to main event Resurrection X last year, she won the GCW Global Championship and held it until End of the Year Bash,s he won the 2022 Civil War Match…she is JULIA BRADDOCK!

Aurora: And the Male Wrestler of the Year won the GCW International Championship and has already competed in two matches this year at Resurrection and won both times, and that alone is impressive and worthy of the distinction as Male Wrestler of the Year, DEREK POWERS!

(This receives a mixed reaction from the fans.)

Aurora: Last but not least…let’s honor our 2022 Hall of Fame Class! BROOKLYN SMITH!

(The fans cheer.)

Aurora: MINERVA!

(The fans cheer.)

Aurora: LENORE PRICE-MASON!

(The fans cheer.)

Aurora: And last but not least, she will now be making her way to the ring to challenge for the X Division Championship in the MAIN EVENT of Resurrection X Night Two, QUEEN BRITTANY KAYL!

The scene comes up backstage in the locker room area where the "Devil's Angel" Rayola Davine is warming up for her match. She is soon approached by Janelle St. Claire.

Janelle: Rayola, you have the unenviable task of taking on Queen Brittany of Kayl tonight and then Danielle Page tomorrow, potentially for both belts. What is going through your mind right now?

Rayola: Perfect honesty, at this moment, very little except to focus on what's in front of me. Brittany is far from the toughest, far from the most conniving and far from the most intelligent people I've ever fought. The thing about not being the most of something is that you usually have more of the rest than those who are the most of one thing. And that makes Brittany dangerous at worst. Is my reign threatened? Of course. Is it going to end tonight?

Rayola pauses with a smirk and shakes her head with a small chuckle.

Rayola: Not on your life. I've invested too much into this, represented GCW in four other promotions, way too far to let some psycho wannabe-Queen to put me down tonight.
She pauses again and purses her lips.

Rayola: Except…

Rayola stops to consider her next words.

Rayola: … win or lose tonight, no matter how unlikely the latter is, I have to be on my best for Danielle tomorrow. That's tomorrow and we still don't know what happens tonight yet.

Rayola smirks once again.

Rayola: But I am a woman of my word. I promised Danielle her shot at the X-Division title, and I intend to keep that promise. It may not be smart, going up against Brittany just to fight Danielle tomorrow. It may be my worst mistake I'll ever make. Yes, even worse than my breakdown early this year. But I learned from that. I've grown. And I am for sure stronger for it. So it may be worse, but I'll push through it.

Rayola hefts the X Division title onto her shoulder.

Rayola: I didn't make this title. I made it better. And I'm gonna shine this up real nice tonight and tomorrow so when everything is said and done, I can pose with two belts and show that even with my flaws, I'm just as much perfection as anyone else. That's Davine.

Rayola shoots a wink to Janelle who nods her acknowledgement. Rayola walks off as the camera zooms in on Rayola's baggage in the background before the scene fades out.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page is in a luxury box of the Dorton Arena with Marisol Vilaro and her bodyguard Tera Taylor who is holding the GCW Heritage Championship belt over her left shoulder.

“Diamond Princes” Danielle Page:I felt compelled to be here tonight to see how much of a greedy bitch my opponent tomorrow night is. It shouldn’t surprise anyone considering she learned about this business at the feet of the most self-serving faction in wrestling history. At least my friends and I are upfront and honest about what we want but noooo not Rayola…

Marisol Vilaro:Typical tricos.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:No wonder tricos crashed and burned. While Rayola will point out that tricos is dead and gone. Which is very much true but all of this garbage she spews out attempting to correct people is from the lady who instead of facing my older sister, Tiffany, earlier this year in Las Vegas with Tiffany already in the ring Rayola literally walked out of the back of the arena, got in her car, and drove off.

Marisol Vilaro:Coward!

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Exactly, Mari. Despite everything that Rayola says, her actions show who she really is. Now tonight Rayola you are supposed to be one hundred percent focused on her majesty, Brittany Kayl, but keep in the back of your mind that I am in the building. You do your part and bring the GCW X-Division title to me tomorrow night to the PNC Arena.

Marisol looks at the camera man.

Marisol Vilaro:You can go now.

Main Event
GCW X Division Championship
Brittany Kayl vs. Rayola Divine (champion)

[Kayl rushes in to try and get a jump on Rayola but Ray has it scouted, and she catches her first with a pele kick, then a roundhouse kick, and a spinning clothesline. Rayola with a snap mare and then runs off the ropes and delivers a low dropkick to the face. Rayola goes for a quick cover…1…Kickout! Kayl pops back up but is met by a dropkick sending her over the top and to the floor. Rayola charges in and leaps over the top with a suicide dive onto Kayl, taking her out. Rayola goes back into the ring. She charges in and goes for a springboard shooting star, Divine Ray, to the outside…but Kayl moves out of the way at the last possible second! Ray hits nothing but the thin mats covering the concrete! Kayl immediately takes advantage, whipping her hard into the steel steps. Kayl rolls back into the ring, breaking the count, and then rolls back outside the ring. Kayl with a snap suplex to the outside. Kayl rolls her back into the ring. Kayl goes up top and comes off with a frog splash. The cover…1…2…Kickout!

[Kayl with a snap suplex, she hangs on, floats over, and strikes another snap suplex, she hangs out, rolls through, and hits a third snap suplex in a row. Kayl connects with The Spinoff. She covers..1…2…3NO! Rayola gets a shoulder up! Kayl locks Ray in a single leg crab. Rayola fights to the ropes and reaches them after about a minute, forcing a break. Kayl applies Shark Week. Ray again fights to the ropes. After about a minute she reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Kayl drags her back out to the center and goes for Shark Week again but Ray counters with a small package…1…2…Kickout! Ray struggles to get up and Kayl drops her with Reality Bites. Kayl whips Rayola into the corner. Kayl charges in with a stinger splash. She whips her into the opposite corner but Ray reverses. Kayl staggers out of the corner and Ray connects with Needle and Thread. Ray whips Kayl into the corner. Ray charges in but Kayl gets a foot up. Kayl with Eviction, sending Ray to the outside!]

[Kayl goes out after Ray. She whips her into the steel ring post. Kayl slams her onto the Spanish Announce Table but the table doesn’t give way. Kayl gets up on the table as well. She sets Ray up for My Bitch on the Spanish Announce Table. Ray slips out of it and then German suplexes Kayl off the Spanish table and through the French Announce Table causing it to break!]

[Rayola is the first to her feet. She pulls Kayl up and drags her back into the ring. Rayola with another Needle and Thread. Rayola goes up to the top and comes off with Divine Ray! The cover…1…2…3NOOO! Kayl gets a shoulder up! Ray is stunned for a moment but quickly regains her composure. She measures Kayl as she pulls herself up. Ray goes for Ray-nbow but the queen ducks the first kick and then connects with My Bitch! Unfortunately for Her Majesty, the momentum of the move causes Ray to roll back to the outside. Kayl goes back after her and goes for a pile driver on the steel ramp. But Ray counters with a back drop onto the steel. Ray pulls Kayl up and goes for an Irish whip but Kayl reverses sending Ray into the steel ring post again. Ray is now busted wide open. Kayl pulls her up to her feet and rolls Ray back into the ring. Kayl goes up top and comes off for a frog splash but Ray gets her knees up. Ray with a bulldog takedown. Ray with Sunspot! The cover…1…2…3NO! Kayl kicks out!]

[Ray whips Kayl into the corner. Ray with a big splash in the corner. Kayl slumps down in the corner. Rayola with a Bronco Buster. Ray snaps off a ddt. She goes up to the top and attempts a splash but Kayl gets her knees up, driving them into her gut. Kayl hooks her with a German suplex and connects, Kayl hangs on and rolls through and connects with a second German suplex, Kayl hangs on and rolls through and hits a third, this time with a bridge for a cover…1…2…3NOOO! Ray barely rolls her shoulder off the mat in time! Kayl gets up and angrily shouts at Senior Referee Malcolm Stride, demanding that he worship her and speed up the count. This argument gives Ray time to recover. Kayl turns around and charges. Ray evades and then connects with Brightest Light! Kayl rolls to the ring apron. Ray with a springboard dropkick sending Kayl to the outside. Ray goes out to the ring apron and charges, leaping off for a hurricinrana, but Kayl catches her in mid air and converts into My Bitch on the outside!]

[Kayl sits up and starts laughing maniacally, thinking this is it. And if they were in the ring it certainly would be. But Kayl has to muster up the strength and energy to roll the champion back in. After awhile she does manage to her into the ring. Kayl decides she wants to make sure Rayola stays down. Kayl sets her up for Ratings Cycle but Ray counters out of it into a back slide cover…1…2…3NOOO! Kayl kicks out! Kayl with a running knee strike takes Ray down! Kayl tries to lock in Shark Week but Ray kicks her in the face over and over again with her free leg, eventually forcing Kayl to let goes. Kayl rushes in and Ray with a drop toe hold. Ray and Kayl pop back up. Kayl gets caught with Ray-nbow! The cover…1…2…3NOOO! Kayl kicks out! Ray measures Kayl as she pulls herself up…Ray with a second straight Ray-nbow! The cover…1…2…3!
WINNER and STILL GCW X Division Champion: Rayola Divine

randy

Re: Resurrection XI

Post by randy » Mon May 23, 2022 12:00 am

Night 3 - May 22, 2022 (PNC Arena in Raleigh, NC)

July 25, 2015 - The Debut and first X-Division Championship Reign of Chantelle Chambers

The match would continue at a frantic pace and see Kayl springboard from one rope to another rope and then springboard off onto Chambers and hit a victory roll for a 2 and 3/4 count that nearly gave The Brod a heart attack. Late in the match with both wrestler’s worn down Chambers went for and missed “The Nightly Knockout” allowing Kayl to hit “The Kayl-KO” but by the time Kayl was able to crawl over and make a cover Chambers had kicked out. The match went on for about 45 minutes and both wrestlers were spent but still going strong and the end came when Chambers hit Kayl with “Worship” but kicked out and Chambers would start to get angry and punch the mat until Brod calmed her down and then Chambers with a look of determination would wait for Kayl to slowly get up and nail “Beverly Hills Bomb” for the 1.....2.....3

Lee: The winner of the match and NEW GCW X Division Champion, CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!!!!

The Brod grabbed the X Division Title and wrap it around his clients waist as the crowd applauded the efforts of both wrestlers. Kayl would pull himself up to his feet and walk over to Chambers and extend his hand to her which she shook with a huge grin on her face. Kayl would leave to a great ovation from the fans and a “This Was Awesome” chant broke out as Chambers gladly took it all in.

—--

March 26, 2016 - Chantelle Chambers “wins” her “first” GCW World Championship (later undone)

Myra Lynwood is incensed and she immediately heads backstage, chasing after Jazmyn Rain. Amelia Robson and Vanessa Jones stay behind to celebrate. Suddenly boos rain down as Chantelle Chambers along with The Brod hit the ring. Chambers slides into the ring and, before Robson can react, blasts Robson in the skull with the X Division title belt. Chambers waits as Robson tries to get up before dropping her again, this time with The Nightly Knockout. Vanessa tries to get involved but The Brod intimidates her back into a corner. Meanwhile Chambers covers Amelia and yells at the referee to make the count. The referee is reluctant to do so but The Brod goes over and starts to intimidate him as well until, finally, the referee reluctantly drops down and makes the count…1…2…3!

After the count is registered, The Brod exits the ring and takes the title belt away from ring announcer Robert E. Lee and then shouts instructions at him. Lee looks hesitant but again, after some intimidation, he nods his head.

Lee: Chantelle Chambers has traded her X Division title in for a world title match…here is your winner of that match, and NEW GCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chantelle Chambers!

Vanessa checks on Amelia while Chambers and The Brod celebrate in the ring to a chorus of boos.

--

Texas Death Match
Derek Powers vs. Jason Redfield

[The match begins as a brawl from the opening bell with both men trading right hands. Redfield gets the upper hand in the exchange, backing Derek up against the ropes. He whips him in and delivers a high back drop. A lariat takes Derek back down. A second lariat puts Derek down again. Jason mounts Derek and rains down right hands furiously. Derek manages to kick Redfield off. Derek charges in but Jason ducks and then clotheslines both himself and Derek over the top and to the outside. Jason pulls Derek up and whips him into the steel guard rail. Jason takes Derek and smashes him face first against the Spanish Announce Table. Derek gets a punch to Jason’s throat in. Derek then reaches for the ring bell and smashes it across Jason’s head. Derek whips Jason into the steel steps, dislodging them. Derek body slams Jason on top of the steel steps. Derek sets Jason up for a Powers Driver on the steel steps but Jason back drops his way out of it, sending Derek crashing onto the concrete floor. Jason with The Six Shooter sending Derek crashing through the steel barricade! Jason manages to land on top of Derek for a cover…1…2…3!]

[Jason rolls over off of Derek and referee Jose Diaz starts the count. 1…2…3…Jason manages to pull himself up…4…Derek starts to stir…5…6…Derek pushes himself back to his knees. Jason goes for Vengeance Is Mine on the concrete but Derek counters with a Northern Lights release suplex on the concrete! Derek with a snap suplex on the outside concrete floor! Derek rolls Jason back into the ring. Derek reaches underneath the ring and produces a table, bringing it into the ring. Derek brings a bag out from underneath the ring and takes it in as well. Derek then goes and gets a steel chair, bringing it into the ring. Derek takes aim but Jason counters with a dropkick, sending the chair back into Derek’s face! Jason picks up the chair and waits for Derek to recover. Jason blasts Derek across the face with the chair! Jason goes over to the bag that Derek brought in. He pours it out across the mat…TACKS AND BROKEN GLASS! Jason sets Derek up and drops him head and face first with Vengeance Is Mine onto the tacks and glass!]

[Jason covers, hooking the leg…1…2…3! Jason rolls over off and Jose Diaz begins the count…1….2…3…Jason gets up and goes to a neutral corner, watching as Derek writhes in pain, blood is p ouring down Derek’s face…4…5…6…Derek rolls over onto his stomach…7…8…Derek pushes himself up onto his knees…9…Derek just barely beats the count. Jason charges in, going for The Outlaw Lariat but Derek ducks it, hits the ropes, and comes back with Winning Smile! Derek hoists Jason up and drops him with The Powers To Be, sending Jason onto the pile of tacks and glass! Instead of covering Derek mounts Jason and rains down rights onto Jason’s face and forehead. Derek then takes Jason’s forehead and rakes it across the pile of tacks and glass. Derek whips Jason into the ropes and delivers a flapjack, sending Jason crashing face first onto the tacks and glass. Now Jason is busted wide open, blood pouring freely down his face. Derek takes Jason and locks in The Absolute Submission onto the steel ring post. Everything is legal so Derek can keep it locked in as long as he wants. He keeps it locked in for nearly a minute before breaking. Derek then delivers another Powers To be onto Jason. The cover…1…2…3! Jose Diaz immediately begins administering the count….]

[...1…Derek rolls out of the ring and reaches underneath the ring, producing a can of gasoline and matches…2…3…Jason rolls over onto his stomach and crawls towards the ropes, realizing with injured legs he may need the ropes…4…5…6…Derek brings the can of gasoline and matches into the ring…7…Derek sets up the table…8…9…Jason using the ropes just barely beats the count. Derek delivers Winning Smile, flooring Jason. Derek pours the gasoline on the table. He then uses the match to set it on fire! Derek drags Jason over and sets him up for Powers To Be but Jason fights out of it, he counters with a back drop sending Derek through the flaming table!]

[Jason rolls over for the cover…1…2…3! Jose Diaz begins the count…1….2….3…Derek is still in pain. So is Jason but he uses the ropes to pull himself up. 4…5…6…Derek is still barely moving…7…Jason arms himself with a steel chair as he sees Derek trying to negotiate himself back to his feet…8…9…Derek shockingly makes his way to his feet. Jason takes aim with the chair but Derek gets the boot him, Winning Smile to the chair onto Jason’s face! Derek picks the chair up and targets Jason’s already injured leg, blasting it repeatedly with the steel chair. Derek then pulls Jason up and sets him up near the pile of tacks and glass…POWERS DRIVER onto the glass and tacks! Derek covers…1…2…3! Derek rolls off and Jose Diaz begins the count….1…2…3…Jason isn’t moving…4…5…6…Derek pulls himself and watches from a neutral corner…7…Jason is moving but he can’t pull himself up under his own power due to his leg…8…9…Jason tries to get up with one last big push but falls back down…10!]

--

May 28, 2016 - Chantelle Chambers wins her first GCW World Championship

The match continued to progress, with Robson and Carter eventually hitting a double-whammy on Chambers with Amelia’s Punishment for Villainy popping her up into a Sunkissed of her own, but the two combatants could not come to a consensus on who would make the pin, so Chambers rolled to the outside and the match continued. After a back and forth that saw the second challenger get the upper hand, Carter would try for a third Sunkissed… this one on the Champion… but Amelia would rush through, hitting her opponent with Turn Around, Bright Eyes! Before she could cover, however, Manning – who had remained on the outside, pulled Robson from the ring. As Carter got up, Chantelle Chambers would get herself back into the ring and hit the Beverly Hills Bomb on Carter, covering her for the count… Amelia would try to get back into the ring, but Manning held onto her ankle, meaning she was helpless to break the count…

Lee: Here is your winner… and NEEEEEEEEW GCW WORLD CHAMPION… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!!!

The crowd’s boos would overwhelm, but Chambers was unfazed by them as Pierce Manning and The Brod got into the ring, embracing the new Champion! As the belt was wrapped around her waist by a jubilant Manning, Amelia appeared dejected at ringside. The scene closes out with the new Champion hoisted on the shoulders of Manning and Brod, arms raised in the air, celebrating her Championship win.

—--

February 16, 2019 - Chantelle Chambers wins her fourth GCW World Championship, setting the modern record

Later in the match, she set Chantelle up for a Skye Is The Limit, but Chantelle rolls out of the way before Destiny jumps. Destiny climbs back into the ring and goes to drag her back into place only to be caught with a small package for a two! Destiny gets back to her feet and stalks the challenger, but Chantelle fights back, catching her and hitting #AllEyesOnME, spiking Destiny’s head to the mat the same way Kendra Classic took it two weeks ago on Shotgun. She covers… 1… 2… DESTINY KICKS OUT AT THE LAST SECOND! Chantelle gets to her knees, looking at the referee in disbelief, even conferring with him. Destiny took this opportunity to get to her feet and kick Chambers in the back of the leg, knocking her forward, before she spins her around and hits the Destiny Cutter! Covers… 1.... 2… CHANTELLE KICKS OUT! Destiny took her turn being upset with the referee, going as far as to push him into the ropes before getting the idea of pushing him forward again. She keeps the pressure on, hoping he calls for the bell, but this plan backfires when Chantelle gets up and runs off the ropes. Destiny sidesteps, and Chantelle stops in her tracks before colliding with the referee. The Champion uses the momentary distraction to spin Chantelle around, hitting a second Destiny Cutter! She drops into the cover, but the referee doesn’t count, pointing to Chantelle’s leg under the bottom rope. Destiny rolls her eyes before getting off, dragging Chantelle to the middle of the ring. She looks to cover, but gets another idea, going to the apron and measuring up, springing on the top rope and looking to hit the Skye Is The Limit, but Chantelle gets her knees up, with Destiny careening onto them full force! She bounces off Chantelle’s knees, flipping to the mat and holding her midsection in pain as Chantelle pulls herself back up as Destiny does the same in the corner, with Chantelle using the moment to charge in, hitting Flash in the corner! Destiny stumbles out on her feet, and Chantelle moves forward, following up her facewash boot with a second #AllEyesOnME! She rolled onto Destiny, her body fully on top of the Champion as the referee counts… 1… 2… 3!

Winner and NEW GCW World Champion: Chantelle Chambers!

The crowd erupts in a chorus of cheers as The Brod returned from the backstage area clapping. Chantelle gets to her knees, looking exhausted as her manager enters the ring, pulling the new Champion into a hug. The referee hands her the belt and raises her arm for the crowd! The crowd cheers as The Brod wraps the World Championship around his client’s waist for a record-setting fourth time! We fade backstage…

--

The scene comes up in the medical room of the arena as an EMT checks out Rayola before her match. The EMT patches Rayola's wound and bandages a couple sensitive areas. Samuel Price comes up just before the EMT finishes.

Samuel: Rayola, you took a hell of a beating last night. You managed to retain, but how much is left for you to fight Danielle?

Rayola looks at Samuel, first appearing to be pretty cross, but managing to smile soon after.

Rayola: More than I need to deal with Danielle and teach that whole damn family a lesson. People like the Page family are a reflection of everything that's wrong with society today. They take because they in fact do have the power and ability to do it and they aren't satisfied with just what they take, so they take even more. And they take from all the people they can step on to do it.

Rayola shakes her head and grins widely.

Rayola: Well I'm not one of those people and the X-Division title is not going anywhere. Danielle needs to take a lesson from Brittany yesterday and accept that "flawless" is about to look fucked up.

Rayola shakes her head as she waves off the EMT. She points to her face.

Rayola: This is the new perfection. Get used to it Danielle, and then tell your sisters and your fitness bitch, don't cross my path again. If you try, I'll make you the new perfection as well. And you all will watch me fly.

Rayola sighs deeply as she allows the EMT to finish their work before the scene fades out.
---

Earlier in the Day

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page, Marisol Vilaro, and Tera Taylor are walking into the backstage area of the PNC Arena. Danielle slides her sunglasses off and hands them to Tera.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:The final night of Resurrection is upon us and the world will have the privilege of seeing me in the ring tonight to defend my Heritage Championship. We can regurgitate everything I have said for weeks since I pinned her or what I said last night during Resurrection. If I did I would be no better than Rayola herself. I am better than that.

Marisol Vilaro:By far.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Which is why I will continue to be the GCW Heritage Champion.

Marisol Vilaro:It really is that simple. Team Vilaro is expanding in the wrestling business as a whole but especially in places like Global Championship Wrestling.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page: Tonight I solidify my legacy here in GCW, I will continue my undefeated streak thus far in singles competition here, and I will continue my ascension to the GCW World Championship.

The three ladies walk off.
---

GCW Heritage & X-Division Championship Match
Rayola Divine (champion vs. Danielle Page (champion)

[While Rayola, fresh off of a successful X Division Title defense the night before, makes her way to the ring, Clyde Sutter races to the ring and mows her over with a clothesline from hell. Sutter then whips her into the steel steps and rolls her into the ring. Referee Shawn Pack asks Rayola if she wants to continue and Rayola insists she does. The bell rings and the match is under way. Page with The Princess Kick. She covers…1…2…Kickout! Page applies The Bling Lock! Rayola doesn’t quit but she is too weak to counter. Instead she reaches out for the ropes and snatches hold, forcing a break, but using up her first of three rope breaks. Page drags her back to the center and connects with Crown Jewel. She covers…1…2…3NO! Rayola kicks out! Page applies a Texas Cloverleaf. Rayola again forces herself towards the ropes and after a minute reaches the ropes, forcing a break, but now used up two breaks. Page feels confident and measures Rayola for another Princess Kick. Rayola gets up but senses the kick coming. She ducks it and counters with a pele kick.]

[Rayola with a roundhouse kick. Rayola whips Page into the ropes, charges in, and connects with a dropkick to the midsection, causing Page to slump down in the corner. Rayola with a bronco buster. Rayola Rayola with a split legged moonsault for a cover…1…2Kickout! Rayola with a snapmare, a kick to the spine, and then Needle and Thread. Rayola goes for Sunspot but Page gets the knees up at the last second, driving them into Rayola’s gut! Danialle with Princess Cut! She covers…1….2….3NOOOO! Rayola got her foot on the bottom rope! That was her third and final rope break! Realizing this, Page drags her back out to the center and covers again…1…2…3NOOO! Rayola gets a shoulder up! Page sets Rayola up for Diamonds Are Forever but Rayola counters into a stunner! Rayola pulls Page up and whips her into the corner but Page reverses, Rayola somersaults off the top and connects with Brightest Light! The cover…1…2…3NO! Page gets a foot on the bottom rope, her first rope break!]

[Rayola measures Page and connects with Ray-nbow! Rayola goes up to the top and goes for Divine Ray…but no! Page gets her knees up! Page hooks her with an inside cradle…1…2…3NO! Rayola gets a shoulder up at the last possible second! Page with a belly to belly overhead suplex and then a bulldog takedown. Page locks in Bling Lock again. Rayola knows that she cannot use the ropes to force a break this time. She must counter. Page shouts at her to tap out. Rayola manages to get close enough to use the ropes to kick off and get momentum enough to turn herself over onto Page, creating a pinning situation…1…2…3NO! Page breaks the hold just before the three! Page goes for Beauty Rest but Rayola counters with a stunner. Rayola with Ray-nbow! Rayola with Divine Ray! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER and NEW GCW Heritage Champion: Rayola Divine

--

May 16, 2020 - Chantelle Chambers is immortalised in the GCW Hall of Fame

(Chantelle Chambers makes her way up to the stage to a roaring applause.)

To say that I expected to be here one day, immortalized in the GCW Hall of Fame, would be… well… accurate. I knew for a long time, from the moment I signed up with this company… from the moment I was exposed to the industry… that this was something I was capable of. No,no. I'm not going to stand here and say that I was able to get here all on my own. That would be a lie. Some say it takes a village. For me, the road to success started with one.

Broderick Chase deserves all the credit in the world for discovering me, the personal trainer of his son-in-law, and seeing something there. He recognized my charisma and my natural gifts and decided to shape me into a competitor. I was skeptical at first, but he was persistent. He found me the best trainers. He was more than a manager. He was… he IS my mentor. I wouldn't be here today without The Brod behind me. Thank you, Broddy. I love you.

When I got going in GCW, after two X-Division reigns and my first World Championship, I found myself in contact with Cody Lindberg-Knight and Christy Hightower. First we were at odds. Then we were allies. C3 took Chantelle the solo star and helped me become a more rounded person. It wasn't just a single focus on MY success, but OUR success. Without them? I'm still the selfish bitch I was in year one. Someday… one of you will have to lace 'em up so we can finish that Tag title push.

As my star grew in GCW, I had the opportunity to travel abroad and ply my craft elsewhere. And while that may not have had anything to do with GCW specifically, it brought me in league with another one of the greatest wrestling minds of all time, Trinity Street, who gave me entrance into the Monarchy. That group would return with it’s own impact, but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Trinity, Lucas Knight, and Tommy Cook as the other parts of that original foursome. We were soon joined by Aubrianna Powers, but that can wait. For the original Monarchy, I owe you as well for your work and branding only serving to further legitimise me as everything I say I am. Thank you.

As my exploits in GCW and beyond began drawing more attention, I was fortunate to be offered the opportunity to join a new agency. Divinity Unlimited brought ever more eyes to me and what I do, and I'll never be able to fully repay them for that. So Mariah Cruz, who came out to be here for this, and all the girls, thank you.

So there I was. Resurrection 2019 had passed. My fourth World Championship reign had come to an end. And I was left in an interesting position: Do I hold on and continue down the same road, pushing for number five? Believe me, that time IS coming, but I decided something different. I reached out to my old Monarchy ties, brought Aubrianna back to me, and we brought in Kat Kelly and Chanel Hunter. The four of us… the Sovereign. Say what you will about us and our ways, but you have to admit: involving The Sovereign was definitely the right business move. With my ability to go between shows - thanks Glory - and the talent of Aubrey, Kat, and Chanel, we have set up an order that WILL lead GCW into the future. You can mark my words there. Girls, this last year with you has been rewarding. You are all Champions in my eyes, and soon all of GCW will see what I do.

I suppose I should also speak of my rivals… the reason I am where I am is that I have had rivals push me there. From Cailey Carter to Amelia Robson, Queen Mamba to Julia Braddock... Destiny Skye to Minerva and everyone else in between, you built Chantelle Chambers almost as much as the rest have. So thank you.

And there’s not much else to say. I’m not going to spend time here selling the match you’re about to see, the one I’m about to compete in because… let’s be honest. I’ve spent the last five years in GCW selling myself to the point that this match sells itself. Thank you for coming. Thank you for your patronage, your downloads, your chants and your jeers. Tonight, more than any other night, let’s remember what makes GCW great, and let’s keep ALL EYES ON ME!

—--

March 26, 2022 - Chantelle Chambers ends Isabella Harker’s career

Chambers limps to her feet, moving over to Harker and grappling her, hitting #AllEyesOnMe, planting Harker on her head! Chambers looks at Harker and throws her arms out, indicating that it’s over, as she pulls her opponent back up. She pushes Harker to the corner and lifts her to the top rope. As the crowd watches on in horror - and while The Brod keeps Mariah occupied - Chambers jumps up, hitting the Beverly Hills Bomb off the ropes on Harker! Harker hits with a thud and lays in the ring motionless. Chambers crawls towards her, dropping to her knees as she rolls the deadweight Harker onto her back before dropping onto her chest…

ONE…

TWO…

THREE!

DING DING DING

WINNER: Chantelle Chambers

As the referee went for Chambers’ arm, he noticed that Harker still hadn’t moved. Mariah seeing what was going on, slides under the bottom rope to try and awaken her mentor as Chambers slides the other way out of the ring. She limps towards The Brod, who catches her and raises her arm, “WOOOOOO”ing all the way. As paramedics rush past the celebrating tandem, Mariah turns to the ramp, staring daggers at Chantelle Chambers.

--

We cut backstage to the gorilla area. There we find Kayla Jones is dressed in her wrestling gear, looking ready to compete. For this special night, Resurrection XI, she is in gear that seems to cosplay The Scarlet Witch of MCU fame. A confident smirk is etched across the beautiful redhead’s face.

Kayla: Does GCW need more Kayla?

A loud roar of cheers can be heard in the background. Despite her seeming arrogance, the fans still love her. Kayla chuckles softly.

Kayla: Of course you do! You needed more Kayla and that’s why I have returned! I have returned to give this company and most importantly what it so desperately needed! I returned also to give myself a special gift; the opportunity to compete one more time on the grandest of stages in professional wrestling. See when it comes to GCW, especially GCW Originals, you don’t get any more original than me. I was here from day one…and I don’t mean day one in the reboot era. I mean day one of day one. I was there back in 2002 when God said let there be GCW and He said it was damn good! That’s why I call myself Ms. GCW, and that’s why I couldn’t miss Resurrection.

Kayla shakes her head.

Kayla: But I also couldn’t have just any opponent. I needed someone special. I needed an opponent with that IT factor that makes someone a superstar. And Alex, my boy, I saw that IT factor in you from the very first moment I saw you set foot in the ring. You have that something special that could make you a mega star someday in this company. Thus far you have been very impressive with victory over…

She pauses and then shrugs her shoulders.

Kayla: …over SOFT competition. Sorry to say, Alex, but you just haven’t been tested yet. Still, I believe in you. I believe in your hype. I think you have the potential to be just as good as you claim to be. But you need someone to bring that potential out of you. You need more Kayla.

She grins from ear to ear.

Kayla: You NEEDED me to sneak up from behind and kick your damn head off. You’re welcome. You needed that because you needed someone to light that fire, to make you want to raise your game. Because this isn’t a softy, this isn’t a jobber, this isn’t a has-been, this is Ms. GCW, this is a GCW original, a former GCW World Champion. I main evented Resurrection. Every time I compete at Resurrection I am the one who steals the show. Tonight, you are in a match with me, which means you and I are going to steal the show. The only question that remains is will you step up and finally achieve the potential you and I know that you have it in you to be? Or will you falter and fail when face to face with greatness? Because understand this, Alex, I possess the deadliest superkick in this business and you are just one kick from your star, from your potential, being wiped out permanently.

Kayla walks off.

--

[Veronica Starr stands outside of Alexander Jones' locker room and Roderick Osborn stands next to her. Veronica is smiling from ear to ear and has a black and silver form fitting dress with gold earrings.]

Roderick: Thanks guys. I'm here with Veronica Starr. We're moments away from your client, your guy, Alexander Jones, taking on Kayla Jones. This is by far the biggest challenger he's ever faced. The toughest opponent he's ever match. The biggest match that he's ever face up until this point. Now he's been real about how Kayla Jones superkicked him weeks ago and laying the gauntlet down to him. As you are aware, Kayla Jones is as decorated as any wrestler not just in GCW, but in the the entire point. But you, and Alexander, feel it's moments like this that he is built for.

[Veronica chuckles a bit.]

Veronica; Roderick, it's not just a feeling. We know it!

[She pats him on the shoulder.]

Veronica: We already know it. Just like I have known for years that I am one of the best managers in professional wrestling. I'm one of the smartest people alive. And you know how long it took for me to get to this moment in time Roderick? You were around when I first came here, eight years ago, wide eyed and full of ideas. No one came my way.

[Veronica shakes her head.]

Veronica; For years people thought I was just a hot piece of ass. I am, for the record.

[Veronica holds a finger.]

Veronica: I am! But I know wrestling inside out. I am what my last name is. I'm a star. That's what kept me in professional wrestling when everyone underestimated me. I knew one day, I would find the right client, the right opportunity to be in moments like this.

[Veronica smirks.]

Veronica: Praise to Trevor Cash for seeing the vison, as Alexander would say. Alexander and I are the same. We are go getters. We love to win. We love to be the best. We work hard. We love proving everyone wrong and sending them home crying. I know there's some people out there that's got Kayla Jones picked. Who doesn't love nostaglia? But I expect that. Not a lot of people here are forward thinking. Not a lot of people can see the vision. They can't see the forrest from the tires. Kayla definitely doesn't.

[Veronica turns to Roderick.]

Veronica: She doesn't see that little cute superkick she gave Alexander was one of the most near sighted things he's ever done. It's always seek and destroy for him. But tonight, it's more than just picking up the win, staying undefeated, showcasing hismelf on the biggest show of the year. It's about respect. It's about sending a message. To quote Alexander, shit ain't sweet over here.

[Veronica laughs.]

Veronica: He is going to make it loud and clear what happens when you attack him. He's going to beat the respect out of her, he's going to embarass her and if she's lucky, she'll be able to walk out of this arena not just a loser but in one piece. But we'll see. We don't ask for permission, nor forgiveness. We show up and win.

[Veronica smiles again.]

Roderick: Thank you for this time.

Veronica: You're welcome as always.

--

Kayla Jones vs. Alexander Jones
[Alexander goes for a lariat but Kayla ducks, handsprings off the ropes, and connects with a kick to the head, Kaylan Wind Kick 2.0! Kayla with a pele kick to Alexander and then a Stubborn Bitch shining wizard! Kayla goes over to a corner and starts tuning up the band, stomping the mat. Alexander pulls himself up. He turns around and Kayla goes for The Kaylan Wind Kick, sweet chin music, but Alexander catches the foot and pulls her in with an exploder suplex! Alexander with an overhead belly to belly suplex. Alexander with a bicycle kick. Kayla rolls to the outside to break up his momentum. Alexander goes out after her. He charges in and mows over Kayla with a lariat. He pulls her up and rolls her back into the ring. Alexander with a backdrop driver. The cover…1…2…Kickout! Alexander goes for a spear but Kayla ducks out of the way and Alexander hits shoulder first into the steel ring post. He turns around into Winter Is Coming from Kayla Jones! The running knee knocked him out of the ring! Kayla with a suicide dive onto Alexander as he rises to his feet. Kayla rolls him back into the ring. Kayla with a springboard Kaylan Wind Kick 3.0! She covers…1…2…3NO! Alexander kicks out! Kayla goes for a springboard lionsault but Alexander moves out of the way, Kayla lands on her feet. Alexander goes for a lariat but Kayla ducks and connects with a pele kick dropping him to his knees. Kayla with another shining wizard Stubborn Bitch kick. She goes for another lionsault and this time connects! The cover…1…2…3NO! Alexander kicks out! Kayla again starts tuning up the band, stomping her feet. Alexander gets up to his feet and turns around…sweet chin music, The Kaylan Wind Kick, and Alexander Jones falls over flat on his back! Kayla covers…1…2…3NO! He got a shoulder up! Kayla kips up to her feet and then goes back to the corner. She starts tuning up the band a third time. Alexander pulls himself up. He turns around and Kayla goes for a Kaylan Wind Kick again but this time he catches the foot, spins her around, and turns her inside out with a lariat! Alexander Jones with a vertical drop brain buster, focusing on Kayla’s neck which has a history of getting injured. He covers…1….2…3!]
WINNER: Alexander Jones

--

Backstage…

Mariah Starr can be seen in the locker-room alone, sitting with her hands pressed between her knees as she looks down. Rolling up beside her, bound to a wheelchair, is the unexpected presence of Starr’s Global Elite mentor, partner, and friend, Isabella Harker. The former GCW Global Champion has a brace around her neck as she looks at Mariah, a stoic look on her own face.

Harker: “You ready for this?”

Mariah takes pause before shaking her head. Harker nods slightly before slapping her across the face.

Harker: “Then GET ready… because any momentary lapse, any brief pause, any doubt creeping into your head is going to be the end of you. Chantelle Chambers is a tough challenge on any given night. Her videos have shown that. Tonight isn’t just another night, however. Tonight is her last night… her declared retirement. She’s been building towards tonight for a year and, undoubtedly, feels like this is the real main event of the weekend. She’s going to come at you with everything she has, whether you’re ready for it or not. You need to wake up and show her that YOU aren’t going to be pushed around! You need to show her and the world exactly why I personally hand-picked you for Global Elite… why I decided to be a motivating force behind YOUR rise to the top.”

Harker pauses while Mariah rubs the sensation of the slap off her face. She turns to Harker…

Mariah: “And one slap is supposed to get me ready? You know better than anyone what that woman is capable of. You more than ANYONE know that she has gone cold… gone callous. She doesn’t want anything to stand between her and her fairytale ending. She broke your neck because she felt entitled to it. I don’t have to be ready for THAT… because she’s not going to get to dictate the pace of THIS match. She thinks she’s going to be able to have what she wants… to call the match her way. I’m not playing here. It’s not a match that I’m ready for… it’s the Goddamn end of time. For Chantelle, yeah… it really is the end. Her last match. For me… well, I’m still going to be here tomorrow. I’m still going to be on my road… and what better feather in my cap than sending Chantelle Chambers… the most decorated GCW-bred competitor in history… out the way she is most comfortable: On her BACK!?”

Harker grins, nodding her head.

Harker: “So you ARE ready…”

Mariah: “Izzy… no offense or anything, but I was ready to put that bitch down after your match at Civil War, and I’ve only had three months since then to think about it… this is my night. She may retire, but it won’t be at my expense.”

The two women share a look of mutual respect and understanding as the scene shifts.

--

(We cut backstage where we find Aubrianna Powers, the current Unsanctioned Champion, creeping around, watching out for Kimberly Williams who is no doubt hot on her trail.)

Aubrianna: Gotta keep away from that psychotic ginger. Damn it, I should have paid for Brooke and the other Trinity girls to come back me up!

(She pulls out a cell phone.)

Aubrianna: I’ll try calling them….damn it, no service…I should have service but…

(Powers runs into the Dalek.)

Dalek: YOUR SERVICE HAS BEEN CUT OFF HUMAN FLESH CREATURE!

Aubrianna: Get away from me, tin can!

(The MVP kicks Dalek. But in the process she hurt her foot and stumbles backward into a brutal chair shot from Kimberly Williams. Kim covers.)

1!
2!
3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion: Kimberly Williams!

(Kim hops up and takes back the Unsanctioned Title.)

Kim: Let’s go, Dalek!

(She hops up on top of Dalek and rides off.)

---

Backstage…

Janice King: “I am the greatest Hall of Fame interviewer in GCW history, Janice King… and my guest at this time is perhaps the greatest homegrown GCW talent of all-time… Cha…”

A voice emanates from off-screen.

“Whoa… whoa… whoa… whoa… WHOA…”

Janice looks to the side as Broderick “The Brod” Chase steps into the scene. He is clad in his very best suit for the night’s event, but is also quick and frantic, looking to change the narrative of Janice’s introduction.

Brod: “Jan… you know we love you…”

King: “Oh… thank you?”

Brod: “But The Brod has got to stop you right there because there is no “PERHAPS” in this equation! Nearly seven years ago, when The Brod brought the Beverly Hills Bombshell IN to the GCW family, no one could have guessed just how far this woman would go. There are many who doubted the way she would rise to the occasion every single time and become woven into the very fabric that makes up this company and, indeed, this sport! From day one when Chantelle Chambers defeated future Hall of Famer across TWO companies, Devon Kayl, her trajectory knew no limits. Truly, her farewell match tonight is the TRUE main event of the evening.”

King: “Of course, Mr. Brod… my apologies.”

The Brod smiles.

Brod: “We appreciate your conciliation, Jan… and for the rest of the evening, I would like to defer to the GREATEST GCW homegrown talent EVER… THE Beverly Hills Bombshell… Chantelle Chambers! WOOOOO!”

The Brod steps back as Chantelle Chambers, clad in her initial ring gear from seven years ago, steps into the scene. She hugs Janice lightly before stepping back.

King: “Chantelle, tonight is the end of an era… your farewell match. What kind of feelings do you have heading into tonight?”

Chambers: “Janice, I’ve put all the thoughts about the “R” word out of my mind. I’m going into tonight’s match with the same killer instinct, the same unrivalled confidence, and the same superiority that I approach all of my matches with. There’ll be time when the lights have dimmed to reminisce on the good times, and I promise when I am ready I’ll give you that exclusive. But tonight, I only have one thing on my mind…”

Chantelle smirks, turning to the camera.

Chambers: “Mariah… little girl… you made a grave mistake coming after me. You’ll learn that and, when you’re convalescing next to Isabella Harker, I do hope that you remember the wrong turns you took that led you to my boot. Because tonight? It’s not your night. I am not your trophy. I am your worst nightmare. But since you’re still young, take tonight not as a punishment, but as a lesson: There are mountains you don’t endeavour towards. There are dreams that are destined to remain dreams. There are goals that are unattainable. And defeating Chantelle Chambers? On my final Resurrection? That’s the biggest unattainable dream of all. Because when it’s said and done, all that will be… are ALL EYES ON ME!”

Chantelle basks in the moment standing between “her” interviewer and her manager. The scene shifts.

--

Chantelle Chambers vs Mariah Starr

As the bell rang, the big fight feel filled the air, almost enough to overwhelm the comparatively inexperienced Starr. But for the woman of the hour, Chantelle Chambers was noticeably cool to the whole thing, glaring across the ring at her counterpart. The two women approached the middle of the ring, and the heat was palpable between the two when finally, Mariah got the first strike in - an open-palmed slap right to Chantelle’s face. The veteran Chambers didn’t take too kindly to this, lunging with a double-leg takedown of her rival before laying into her with haymakers. Mariah got a leg underneath Chambers’ stomach, pushing back and rolling over to her back, mounting her in the process and responding with haymakers of her own. Chambers scrambled back, pulling herself towards the ropes to cause the break. As the referee pulls Mariah off of her, Chantelle gets to her feet, going low and kicking her opponent in the leg! Mariah flips to the mat, nearly a full backflip in response to this kick.

From there, Chantelle took control of the match, dictating the pace and imposing her will. For her final match, Chantelle didn’t seem too interested in being flashy or showy. Instead, her intent was simple: Hurt Mariah. With her offense designed to keep Mariah off her feet, Chantelle methodically worked over the leg, potentially teasing the use of the Leglock du Louvre. Mariah would attempt to get a little bit of offense back, but with the damage done to the leg, it was generally simple for Chantelle to reclaim the advantage.

Finally, as teased, the Bombshell went for her Leglock du Louvre, slapping it on in the middle of the ring. For Mariah, the pain was excruciating, but what would be worse for her would be submitting in this place. Welling all the willpower in her body, she struggled valiantly against the hold, scratching and clawing along the mat to the ropes. As she reached out, her fingertips grazing the ropes, The Brod attempted to pull them back. However, as he reached for the ropes, Mariah got her hands there in time, digging her nails into his hand. The Brod screamed out in pain while Mariah held onto the ropes, and the referee pushed for the break. Chantelle got up and went back to Mariah, pulling her back to the middle of the ring by the leg. But this time, Mariah was ready, spinning her around and sending her back to the mat. It was time for Mariah to mount a meaningful comeback.

And she did what she could in her state. Keeping the mat as grounded as she could to not stress her wounded appendage, Mariah showed a new side and a vicious skill set. She would find herself with nearfalls on more than one one occasion, but with the majority of Mariah’s offense being leg-based, the work Chantelle did on her would come back to haunt her. Mariah with a head of steam went to the ropes for The Brightest Starr, but as she stood tall, her leg gave and she dropped. Chantelle turned and spotted Mariah on the ropes, smiling as she pulled herself up. She dragged herself towards the corner, climbing the ropes and grabbing her by the hair. She shouted out as she postured for the crowd, yelling out “ALL EYES ON ME!” before jumping up, flipping back with the Beverly Hills Bomb… the same move that she used to end Isabella Harker’s career… but Mariah grappled the top rope! Chantelle flipped back to the mat, landing face-first as Mariah looked back. She mustered her will and pulled herself up and, without any showboating or posing, pushed herself off with The Brightest Starr across Chantelle’s back! With that, she pulled the Bombshell to her back, covering her for the ONE… TWO… THREE!!

Lee: “Here is your winner… MARIAH STARR!”

Mariah remained in position atop her adversary for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, she managed to pull herself to her knees, then to her feet as she used the ropes for assistance. The referee came over and lifted her hand in victory as Mariah stumbled back to the corner. She looked at Chantelle, sitting down as the Beverly Hills Bombshell slowly gets to her feet. Mariah’s music fades as Chambers gets to her feet. At this point, with the match over and Chantelle’s career ended with it, she begins to look out over the crowd, this time unanimously supportive in cheers for the oft-adversarial woman. Chambers looks around, tears welling in her eyes, as she soaks the moment in. She moves to the corner, looking at Mariah and, in a moment of sportsmanship, reaches her hand towards her. Mariah hesitates a moment before reaching up, shaking Chambers’ hand, but is pulled into an embrace in the middle of the ring. After a momentary show of respect, Mariah drops to the mat, rolling from the ring. Standing alone in the ring, Chantelle looks out to the cheering crowd. She takes her final bows and, as tradition dictates, undoes her boots, leaving them in the middle of the ring as she slides out of the ring. She blows kisses to the crowd as she moves up the ramp for the final time in her storied career.

--

We cut backstage to the ready area. It is there that we find “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock ready for battle, ready for the main event of night three of Resurrection XI. Julia is dressed in her wrestling gear, consisting of black tights with a silver thigh length skirt, silver kick boots, and silver top. There is an air of confidence surrounding The Fallen Queen, yet she appears stoic as she stares into the camera.

Julia: The journey ends now. Either Kelsai’s journey with the Global Championship or my journey with GCW. One of those ends right here tonight in the center of the ring. That’s appropriate because that’s where it should end. When it comes to wrestling, all things should be left in the center of the squared circle. That is where this journey ends. But before we get to the END of the journey, we should go back to the beginning. Now I don’t mean my personal beginning, because I don’t need to address that. Everyone know my own personal beginning in professional wrestling dates back to the reboot of GCW in 2012. My beginning with GCW dates back to when I made my debut as a wrestler. So yeah, to have to leave the place where I got my start, where I called home for my entire career, it would be a damn shame.

She shakes her head.

Julia: There’s no need to talk about that, though, because that’s not going to happen. Besides, no need to get ahead of ourselves. We start at the beginning of THIS specific journey…the one between Kelsai and myself. I respect the hell out of you as a wrestler. You are good, in fact, you are damn good. But as a human being I have no respect for you whatsoever. As a human being you are the worst, you are scum. Yet you used to be so kind and generous, so sweet. Where did it go wrong with you? Survival of the Fittest, that is where it went wrong for you, and that is YOUR beginning point.

Braddock holds up one finger.

Julia: One second…timing is everything, Kelsai, and at Survival of the Fittest I had everything timed perfectly. Had I been off by just ONE SECOND you would have become GCW Global Champion on that night in the championship scramble. But you choked. There’s no shame in that. There is no shame in losing a match as chaotic as that. Hell, I knew that even as good as my timing was, that I was still lucky to walk away that night with the gold intact. And I had no problem defending the title against you at the End of the Year Bash. In fact, I felt you deserved a rematch since you only lost by one second. But that one second drove you insane. It drove you over the edge crazy knowing that you were literally one second away from being on top of the mountain. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest of women to lunacy. In your case, one second was all it took to reduce you to the scum of the earth, a bitter little bitch willing to side with Adrian Waters and Tiffany Manning just to win the championship.

She applauds, mockingly of course.

Julia: Congratulations! You did it! You sold your soul but you became the GCW Global Champion! You chose to take the shortcut. And ever since then you have taken the shortcut. Taking shortcuts got you the World Championship. It even helped you to retain the championship night one against D’Nae Moore. You once were the picture of what a wrestler should be. But now you are the picture of a dime a dozen cheating blowhard in this business today. You went from being unique and special to being just another crook and sleaze like Waters and Manning. While you were going down the easy path, by contrast I chose to be the person you refused to be. I chose to take up the mantle you let go of; I took the way of what a wrestler should be…and a wrestler EARNS their opportunities. I could have immediately had my rematch for the GCW Global Championship. I could have jumped the line and invoked my automatic rematch clause but I chose not to; instead I opted to earn my way to another title shot by doing what everyone else in the locker room has to do…I won the Civil War Match. But I took it a step further, I didn’t want to just take…I was willing to give. So I put my own career with GCW on the line. I didn’t have to do that, either, but I did. I agreed to put my career on the line tonight. If I do not become GCW Global Champion tonight, then my contract is terminated.

Braddock chuckles softly.

Julia: Did you have that kind of faith in yourself at the End of the Year Bash? Or at Civil War? Or hell, night one or night three of Resurrection? No, you didn’t. In fact, up until now you have had so little faith in your own abilities that you have had to take the cheap way out of every situation. Yet here I stand, so confident in myself that I am willing to put my career on the line. That is what this journey has been about for the two of us, Kelsai. For me, it has been about my confidence growing. Despite the setbacks and the obstacles put in my path, despite losing the Global Championship, my confidence grew, not because of ego or any of that crap, but because of the fans! My confidence grew because the people believed in me and therefore I believe in myself! But ever since that beginning point, ever since Survival of the Fittest, your confidence has been faltering. It sounds ridiculous, I know, because you are currently a dual world champion. But the evidence speaks for itself. Ever since Survival of the Fittest, you haven’t been able to do a damn thing on your own. Did I kick your ass so bad at Survival of the Fittest that you lost faith in yourself?

She shakes her head.

Julia: That was not my intention, nor was it my intention for you to become this self-righteous, egomaniacal bitch that we see today, but I refuse to take the blame for it. If you no longer have confidence in yourself, if you believe so little in your abilities that you feel the need to have Tiff and Adrian as a crutch that’s not my problem, that’s your problem. The fans booing you and hating you now, that’s not my fault, that’s your fault. You did that. You did that with your own actions and your own words. You betrayed the people who once loved you. You betrayed their trust and their loyalty. Now that brings us to tonight, the END of the journey, where we have our long awaited rematch. At Survival of the Fittest you were fighting for your fans, but tonight you fight for your own selfishness and greed. Tonight, I fight for my fans as well as your former fans, the fans you stabbed in the back, the fans who are now standing in my corner cheering for me to kick the ever living crap out of you. In your mind, tonight is all about you. But for me? Tonight and this Global Championship win, it isn’t about me, it is about the fans of GCW. It is about getting revenge, but not for me, it is about getting revenge for them.

Braddock snickers nastily.

Julia: And I am going to make it hurt, Kelsai. Oh believe me, mate, I am going to really make it hurt. I have been educated in the art of pain and I know just how to make this hurt. Look at you, Kelsai. You turned your back on everything you believed in and everyone you loved, you sold your soul for the GCW Global Championship. Look at what you have done ever since then to keep your titles, what you did on night one to keep the World Title away from D’Nae Moore’s grasp? The mere thought of losing a title must hurt you. That’s why tonight, God willing, I won’t just beat your for the title…I am going to make you give it up…I am going to make you tap out and force you to relinquish the title. By the tap of a hand you will admit that you are not as good as The Kensington Knockout.

Her gaze turns intense.

Julia: The journey ends here! Your reign as GCW Global Champion…IS OVER!

Julia Braddock turns and walks off.

--

Main Event
GCW Global Championship
Julia Braddock vs. Kelsai Adamson-Mason (champion)

[The bell rings. Julia with a quick arm drag, another quick arm drag, a Mexican arm drag, a hip toss, and a dropkick. Kelsai goes for an axe kick but Julia ducks it and then lands a scissors kick. Julia drops an elbow, a second elbow, a third elbow, curtsies and then drops a fourth elbow. Kelsai scrambles to a corner. Julia walks in after her but Kelsai drop toe holds her onto the middle rope. Kelsai with a flying forearm smash and then a spear. Kelsai with an axe kick. Kelsai with a belly to belly suplex. Kelsai with another belly to belly suplex. Kelsai goes up top and attempts a 720 splash but Julia rolls out of the way and Kelsai hits the mat hard! Julia kips up to her feet. Julia hops up to the second rope and then comes off with The Kensington Knockout, blockbuster. Julia hits the ropes and comes off with Ex-Communication! Julia covers…1…2…Kickout! Julia hooks Kelsai in a Full Nelson and goes for a suplex but Kelsai lands on her feet! Kelsai charges in but Julia ducks under the clothesline, hooks another Full Nelson, and this time connects with the Full Nelson suplex! Julia drags Kelsai back into the center of the ring and wraps her up in a sharpshooter. Kelsai fights towards the ropes and after about a minute reaches the bottom rope, forcing a break. Kelsai rolls to the outside to catch a break. Tiffany begins to distract the referee. Julia is ignoring Tiffany’s distraction and instead begins to rush towards the ropes. Kelsai gets a steel chair. Julia dives through the ropes head first but Kelsai drills her in the head with the chair!]

[Kelsai with a belly to belly suplex on the outside. Kelsai with a snap ddt on the outside. Hoping that the damage has been done, Kelsai goes back into the ring, willing to take a count out victory. The referee begins his count…1…2…3…Julia begins to stir…4…5…6…Julia gets to the ring apron and tries to pull herself up…7…8…Julia gets onto the ring apron…9…Julia slides into the ring just in time. Kelsai with a spear to Julia Braddock and then a cover…1…2…3NO! Kelsai applies a calf crusher. Braddock drags herself over to the ropes. After about a minute she reaches the bottom rope, forcing a break. Kelsai drags her back out to the center and reapplies the calf crusher. Again Julia fights to the ropes. After about a minute Julia reaches the ropes. Tiffany swats Julia’s hand away. Malcolm Stride saw this and throws Tiffany out! Tiffany is protesting and Kelsai is even distracted as she argues with the referee about this decision. This allows Julia time to recover. Julia pulls herself up and Kelsai charges in for a clothesline but Julia counters into Thy Kingdom Come, the crippler crossface! Kelsai struggles in the hold but won’t give in! After about a minute Kelsai reaches the ropes, forcing a break.]

[Julia with a swinging neck breaker. Julia with a German suplex, she hangs on and rolls through for a second German suplex, Julia hangs on and rolls through for a third German suplex. Julia drops Kelsai with Cult of Personality. The cover…1…2…3NO! Kelsai shoots her right shoulder up off of the mat! Julia goes for The Vow of Chastity but Kelsai counters by shoving her off the ropes and then low dropkicking the knee. Kelsai locks the calf crusher back in. Braddock struggles in the hold this time for a minute and a half before finally reaching the ropes, forcing a break. Kelsai hangs on and won’t let go. Malcolm Stride begins his count…1…2…3…4…Kelsai breaks the hold. Malcolm warns her he will disqualify her. Kelsai with a belly to belly suplex on Julia. She goes up top and comes off with The Double Shot! The cover…1….2…3NOOO! Julia gets a shoulder up! Kelsai is furious that this didn’t finish Braddock off. Kelsai shoves referee Malcolm Stride. He warns her about a DQ. She shoves him again, daring him to disqualify her. Sensing that Kelsai is trying to get disqualified intentionally to save the title, Malcolm Stride shakes his head. Kelsai gets ready to punch him but Julia takes Kelsai from behind and drops her with The Vow of Chastity! The cover…1…2…3NOOO! Kelsai gets a shoulder up!]

[Julia Braddock pulls Kelsai up and sets her up. She shouts at the crowd “THIS IS IT!” Julia connects with The Chastisement! Braddock covers…1…2…3NOOO! Again Kelsai gets a shoulder up! Braddock is now the one frustrated and shocked that the match isn’t over yet. Julia composes herself and goes up to the top turnbuckle. She waits as Kelsai pulls herself up. Julia goes for a dragon rana but Kelsai counters with a power bomb and immediately flips over with a jacknife cover…1…2…3NOOO! Julia kicks out! Kelsai waits in a corner as Julia pulls herself up. Kelsai runs over and drops her with a spear. Kelsai climbs up to the top and comes off with The One And Only! The cover…1…2…3NOOOO! Julia gets a shoulder up!]

[Kelsai argues with Malcolm Stride about the count. She again shoves him down. Again he won’t disqualify her. She goes and retrieves the Global Title belt. She is about to deck Julia with the belt but Stride takes the title away from her. Stride is arguing with Kelsai while Julia recovers. Julia tries to hook up for a German suplex but Kelsai breaks it with an elbow to the face and then a ddt. Kelsai takes her title belt back and then exits the ring. Kelsai begins to walk away from the ring and the fans begin to boo loudly as the referee begins his count. 1…2…3…4…Kelsai doesn’t care anymore…5…6….Julia is trying to pull herself up but it is too late for her to go after Kelsai…7…the crowd cheers as D’Nae Moore appears at the top of the stage. Kelsai sees this and is nervous, slowly backing away from D’Nae…8…D’nae backs her up towards the ring…9…Kelsai slides back into the ring to get away from D’Nae.]

D’Nae: Don’t worry about me! Worry about her!

[Kelsai turns around to see Julia back to her feet. Kelsai and Julia begins to throw rights and lefts back and forth. Julia gets the better of the situation. She whips her into the ropes and drops her with a flapjack. Julia kips up to her feet. Julia with Cult of Personality! Julia hangs on and drops her with a second Cult of Personality! Julia hangs on and then locks in The Guillotine! Kelsai struggles in the hold as long as she can…to Kelsai’s credit she fights for about a minute, nearly reaching the bottom rope…she is fingertips away…Julia drags her back to the center and cinches the Guillotine in tighter…finally Kelsai taps out!]

Robert E. Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match, and NEW GCW Global Heavyweight Champion, “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock

[Malcolm Stride takes the Global Championship belt and hands it over to Julia Braddock. She drops to her knees, clutching it close to her chest and crying tears of joy at having finally earned vindication, and finally regained the Global Championship. Julia stands back up and raises the title belt high over her head and the fans cheer loudly. She then asks for a microphone from Ring Announcer Robert Lee.]

Julia: Finally! After eleven plus years in GCW, I can finally say that I have done it all! GCW World Champion, GCW Global Champion, Civil War Winner, and now finally I have won the Global Championship in the main event of Resurrection!

[She points out into the crowd.]

Julia: And I did it for all of you! I made a promise to each and every one of you that I would never give up on you, that I would keep fighting until I brought this championship back home to you, and that is exactly what I have done here tonight! And I also swore that tonight would not be my final night in GCW. Many thought I was crazy for putting my career on the line in this match but I knew what I was doing, I knew that I could beat Kelsai, and that is what happened!

[Braddock pats the title belt over her shoulder.]

Julia: Cheating and manipulating your way to victory isn’t how you represent GCW. Trying to get yourself intentionally disqualified or trying to run away from a fight, intentionally getting counted out, that isn’t how you represent this company as champion. You no longer deserved to wear this Global Title, and that is why I took it from you. Quite honestly, you do not deserve to be World Champion. D’Nae Moore…now she IS worthy of being champion, and if you, Kelsai, are too cowardly to give her a rematch, then I will promise these fans and D’Nae that I will give D’Nae the rematch she deserves, for the GCW Global Championship!

[She raises the title high over her head again.]

Julia: This right here belongs not just to me…it belongs to all of you, the fans of GCW, the fans who have supported me throughout this journey, the fans who gave me strength to fight back and regain the title. This championship is yours, I am merely your representative, and I hope I can represent you guys and girls as proudly and as honorably as I can!

[Braddock drops the microphone. The fans cheer as “Gets Me Through” by Ozzy Osbourne begins to play. Julia Braddock celebrates in the ring as confetti begins to rain down.]