Fever 2.09

admin
Site Admin

Fever 2.09

Post by admin » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:16 pm

September 10th Fever (Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, NC)

Immediately following the Fever theme music we cut to a live shot of the fans in attendance at the Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, NC. Then the camera cuts to show ring announcer Robert Lee in the ring.

Robert Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome “The Most Valuable Powers” Aubrianna Powers!

“I Am The Very Best…”

“I Am The Absolute Best…”

“…and I am the Sexiest of them all!”

After those words are uttered, “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake starts to play. Aubrianna Powers steps out onto the stage dressed in tight denim jeans, black boots, a black t-shirt with “The MVP” printed on the front, and a black leather jacket. Her long pink tipped blonde hair is hanging straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. The MVP is met with loud booing from the fans. She smirks smugly as she confidently strides towards the ring. Aubrianna steps up onto the ring apron and strikes a sexy sultry pose which draws a few cheers from the male contingent, despite the women who continue to boo. Aubrianna then steps through the ropes and approaches the center where she poses again. The music dies down and she retrieves a microphone.

Aubrianna: It was just one month ago that I shocked the world. I definitely shocked the Jones family that’s for damn sure.

The MVP smirks.

Aubrianna: For Glory & Gold, one month ago today, myself and Trinity damn near ended the career of Kayla Jones. And actually, come to think of it, we probably DID end her career. Think about it for a moment, do you think Kayla is going to step back into the ring after what happened? I know all of you dimwits want her to come and get revenge. You want to see her get her pound of flesh. But it isn’t going to happen. Kayla is a smart girl. She has had her fair share of neck injuries and was lucky not to have her neck broken last month by my hands. She won’t come after me again, she’s too afraid. She may not even come back to wrestling ever again. I ran Kayla Jones off.

The fans boo. Powers shakes her head.

Aubrianna: The truth hurts, doesn’t it? I think one person in particular who is suffering from denial is Kayla’s sister Angelica. Don’t get me wrong, I think you know damn well that Kayla isn’t coming back. Right, Angel? I heard what you had to say on Shotgun. You talk big about how Kayla is going to come back get her revenge. But that’s just talk. You know the reality of the situation is that she will never come back. She is too afraid to face The Most Valuable Powers. Perhaps that is the real reason why you decided to drag your broken old ass out of retirement? Perhaps that is the real reason why you decided to challenge me to a one on one match? You know Kayla won’t return. Kayla is through. Her career has been ended by me! And so you are going to try and get revenge on her behalf.

The MVP smirks.

Aubrianna: That’s just not going to work. You may have forgotten something, or maybe you are just too dumb to figure it out, so let me remind you and everyone else that the Powers family has your stupid family’s number. My big brother Steve ENDED your first World Title reign. Sure, you did get your win back, but that was over a decade later, after my brother had already become a shell of his former self. As for me? I went on to beat Kayla half to death at For Glory & Gold. And I am at the peak of my greatness. You think you can take me, Angelica? You think you can beat me?

She throws her head back and laughs.

Aubrianna: It’s laughable! You, Angelica, are laughable! And as for this return of yours? It may be great for these idiots who buy tickets but I think you and I both know that the reality of your situation is bleak. You cannot and will not beat me. But for me to get the opportunity to beat up and end the career of BOTH members of The Sisterhood all on my own? Well that is an opportunity that I cannot pass up! If you want to fight The MVP of GCW then you are on! It can be at Declaration of War if Jazmyn Rain doesn’t accept your challenge. Otherwise, then I will be glad to soften you up for her on Shotgun or Livewire.

=====================================================================

MAEVE vs. Lynn Bradley
[MAEVE ducks a clothesline attempt and then connects with a diving double axe handle, a diving knee drop, and a double foot stomp. MAEVE applies cattle mutilation but Lynn Bradley reaches the ropes. MAEVE with Hiroshima into the corner! A spike ddt to Bradley. The cover but Lynn kicks out. MAEVE connects with Chernobyl to Lynn Bradley. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: MAEVE

Backstage we find the identical twin duo of “The Phoenix” Marie Jones and “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams. Known as Twin Magic, the team are dressed identically in matching ring attire for their match tonight against Team Perry. It is near impossible to tell them apart. The only clue indicating which one is Kim and which is Marie is the fact that one twin has a Freddy Krueger style knife glove on her right hand. That is more likely to be the self-proclaimed Queen of the Death Match.

Marie: It is great to be back together, Kim. Thanks for having my back against Allison and Carmen.

Kim: Oh what else was I gonna do? Leave my sister hanging? Throw things at old people? Actually, I probably could have thrown things at old people instead…but here we are! Now who are we maiming tonight? Team Poopy?

Marie: Perry. Caitlyn and Kenny Perry.

Kimberly rolls her eyes.

Kim: Oh not them! This won’t be fun!

Marie: It’s wrestling, Kim. This isn’t supposed to be fun.

Kim: Says you! I can make anything fun! But Caitlyn and Kenny? They haven’t done jack or shit in ages. This will be a walk in the park for us!

Jones nods her head.

Marie: Maybe…but we cannot just walk right into a tag team title match without first earning the opportunity, and we haven’t teamed together in awhile.

Kim: Why can’t we just walk into a tag title match? Our sister Jessica is one half of the champs! Besides, we are former GCW World Tag Team Champions. We are former SCW World Tag Team Champions. We have proven that we can be successful. Team Perry has…well…they have not.

Marie: Sorry, Kim, but this is the way it has to be.

Williams smirks.

Kim: Fine, have it your way. But I think I know how to make this at least a little more interesting.

Jones furrows her brow.

Marie: What do you mean?

Kim: I think I’m gonna put my Unsanctioned Title on the line!

Marie: What?! When?!

Kim: Tonight! Right now!

Marie: Who authorizes this crap?

Kim: No one, that’s why it is Unsanctioned.

The Phoenix sighs out of frustration.

Marie: Kim, please, just focus on tonight’s tag match.

Marie walks off. Kim follows suit.

We cut backstage where we find GCW Hall of Fame journalist Dexter Russell. The fair and unbiased journalist is standing next to one half of the GCW World Tag Team Champions, “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. The champion is dressed in her tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading uniform. The fact that these are obviously Duke Blue Devil colors draws boos from the audience in attendance this evening. Jessica has her GCW World Tag Team Championship title belt draped over her right shoulder.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Dexter Russell and I am here with one half of the Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions…

Jessica: …AND Duke graduate…not to mention Cameron Crazy…

This prompts yet another loud booing from the Chapel Hill fans. Lasiewicz smirks.

Dexter: Right. Well, Ms. Lasiewicz, I am glad you could join me tonight under what I am sure are some very awkward circumstances.

Jessica: Now why would tonight be awkward? Is it because I am here on Tobacco Road in front of the most arrogant, pompous ass fans in college basketball history to watch my tag team partner and best friend Summer Collins fight my family member, my cousin Anastasia Starling? Is that why this night is awkward?

Dexter: Well outside of the remarks about the Carolina fans…yes. Yes, tonight is awkward because your partner, the other half of the tag team champions, Summer Collins is fighting your cousin Anastasia Starling. Would you care to comment on tonight’s main event?

Lasiewicz shakes her head.

Jessica: Bez komentarza.

Dexter furrows his brow in confusion.

Dexter: Huh?

Jessica: That was Polish for “no comment.” Now why don’t you ask me a different question, Dexter?

Dexter: Fair enough. You and Summer have made it clear that you want to defend the tag titles against SkyBird first and foremost. But it seems as if Karen and Olly of K2O are trying to interject themselves into the tag team title hunt as well. Would you share your thoughts on the tag team title picture as it stands right now with two teams vying for a shot at your gold?

Jessica: Summer and I have no doubt that at For Glory & Gold we would have eventually won these Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Championships on our own. And quite frankly, that’s what we wanted to do. We had been busting our asses consistently for fourteen months, beating the very best GCW has had to offer, just to earn the title shot at For Glory & Gold. And we know how good we are. We know we can beat anyone at any time, including SkyBird and K2O. But Karen and Olly had to interfere. They had to taint mine and Summer’s victory. Now our reign is tainted and will forever have an asterisk until we prove we deserve this. Now we already successfully defended against Jodi Jennings and Aria Stevens-Crawford on Shotgun. But is that good enough?

The Archangel shakes her head.

Jessica: Obviously it isn’t. The match everyone wants…the match that Summer and I want…is Fabulous versus SkyBird for the belts. That is the only fair way to settle this, that is why I want to make that match happen. But if we have to kick Karen and Olly’s collective asses in the process then so be it. But these belts are going nowhere…

Lasiewicz smirks.

Jessica: …just like the UNC Chapel Hill athletic programs.

This draws another loud chorus of boos from the Carolina fans. Jessica then turns and walks off.

Twin Magic vs. Team Perry
[Kim starts the match against Caitlyn Perry. Kim with a scissors kick and then a release German suplex. Kimberly with a dragon screw and immediately steps through into her submission, Scorned. Kenny breaks it up. Kim tags out to Marie. Marie applies a single leg crab. Just then Anastasia Ivanova and Karina Lysenko of the Soviet Gingers hit the ringside area. Unseen by the official they pull Kim off the apron and whip her into the steel steps. Karina covers and Ivanova counts the fall herself…1…2…3!]

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion of Death & Shit: Karina Lysenko

[Marie just then notices the confusion on the outside. This distraction allows Caitlyn to tag out to Kenny. Kenny attacks Marie from behind with a belly to back suplex. Kenny mounts Marie and rains down right hands. Meanwhile on the outside Kimberly drills Ivanova with the Shadowblade. Karina tries to drill Kim with the ring bell but Kim ducks and then blasts her with The Infinity Gauntlet to the face. Kim covers…1…2…3!]

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion of Death & Shit: Kimberly Williams

[Kenny tags out to Caitlyn. Kenny holds Marie in place for Caitlyn but Marie ducks and Caitlyn accidently superkicks Kenny! Marie with a Kissed By Fire (busaiku knee kick) taking down Caitlyn. Kenny rushes in but Marie ducks, kicks him in the gut, and drills him with The Vindicator. Kim tries to get back on the apron but Adam Redfield throws down the headset from commentary and rolls Kim up…1…2…3!]

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion of Death & Shit: Adam Redfield

[Redfield’s celebration is cut short. Kim lands a low blow and rolls him up. 1…2…3!]

[Marie is still looking for the tag. Caitlyn is trying to stop it. Kim is back up on the apron in time to accept the tag! Kim with a superkick to Caitlyn that sends her staggering into The Hot Shot from Marie, completing Fire & Ice! Kenny tries to get involved but he falls victim to a Shadowblade from Kim and he falls into The Ave Maria from Marie, completing Out of the Darkness & Into The Light! Kim and Marie roll Kenny out of the ring. Caitlyn has staggered her way back to her feet but walks right into Kim who takes her down by her legs and turns her over into her version of the liontamer, The Angel’s Arch. Caitlyn Perry quickly taps out.]
WINNERS: Twin Magic

[Marie and Kim celebrate their win. But the celebration isn’t long. Anastasia Ivanova spins Marie around and the two start brawling. Meanwhile Karina sneaks up behind Kim and rolls her up…1…2…3!]

[Karina immediately makes a break for it with the Unsanctioned Title in tow. Kim runs off after her. Marie and Ivanova are broken up by officials.]

We cut backstage where we find the gorgeous but deadly Northern Irish born Sophie O’Brian. She is dressed in a sleeveless teal tight fitting bodycon dress with a hemline that stops at the thighs. She is perched atop black high heeled sandals. A confident gaze is etched across her lovely face.

Sophie: Sun Tzu says, “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”

She shakes her head.

Sophie: Sad to say, but Ms. Mason and her allies fall into the latter category. Kelsai has been itching for a war with my good friend Julia Braddock ever since Survival of the Fittest last year. Kelsai, you just couldn’t take the fact that you were not good enough that night to defeat Braddock. You could not handle your complete and utter failure to win when it counted. Let’s face it, you just could not win the big one and you were destined to just be a mid-card darling for your entire pathetic career…until you decided to take the cheap and easy way out.

O’Brian claps her hands.

Sophie: I actually applaud your willingness to use whatever means you had at your disposal to get ahead. William Tecumseh Sherman literally burned the entire South to the ground into to force them into surrender during the Civil War. President Truman dropped atomic bombs on Japan in order to force them to surrender in World War 2. Doing what is necessary is a natural part of war. You did what was necessary to finally achieve greatness and for that I do applaud you. Your mistake was…how is it that you Americans like to put it? You constantly spiked the football, as it were. You constantly mocked and ridiculed Julia Braddock. You harassed her over and over again, taking for granted the graciousness that she is blessed with.

She shrugs her shoulders.

Sophie: Some consider it a blessing. I consider graciousness to be a curse. And face it, had Julia been willing to do what was necessary from the very beginning then you would not have even made it to Resurrection to main event TWO of the three nights because she would have crippled you. But my good friend is kind to a fault and she was willing to try and beat you the right way and end this feud the right way. She was hoping she could simply knock some sense into you and end it right then and there at Resurrection. But as English historian Lord Acton once said, “power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

She points a finger at the camera.

Sophie: Your run with not one but both world championships, and your unprecedented main event of two of thee Resurrection nights, corrupted you. You could not leave well enough alone once Julia ended it all for you by taking the Global Championship away from you. So you continued to provoke her. You tried to cripple her and then you tried to cripple her friends. You now have written your own doomsday by provoking Julia into war. Myself, Clyde Sutter, Destiny Skye, and Julia…who has now gotten into the mindset of Chastity Noel…did not want this fight. You actively searched for war. And as Sun Tzu says, those who actively seek war are already defeated. Your brought this upon yourselves and at War Games we shall end it and end you.

We are back at the concession area. Kimberly Williams and the new Unsanctioned Champion Karina Lysenko are still fighting, trading rights and lefts. Kim gets the better of the exchange and then drives a knee into her gut. Karina rakes the eyes and then smashes Kim face first through a window.

Karina: Take that, Bourgeoisie Capitalist Pig!

She pulls Kim out of the glass and looks to do more damage but Kim delivers a belly to belly overhead suplex, Karina lands hard on the concrete. Kim crawls over into the cover.

1…2…3!

Williams slowly pulls herself up. She snatches the title that Karina had wrapped around her waist. The Queen of the Death Match kneels down and starts taunting her fallen foe.

Kim: Do NOT mess with The Queen of the Death Match!

Suddenly Kim feels a sharp pain in her back and falls over! Standing over her holding a steel chair is Anastasia Ivanova. Ivanova covers.

1…2…3!

WINNER and NEW Unsanctioned Champion of Death & Shit: Anastasia Ivanova

Ivanova doesn’t bother celebrating. She immediately helps her tag partner and friend Karina Lysenko to her feet. She embraces Karina in a tight hug.

Ivanova: We have done it, my sestra! Now quick, get on top of me!

The new champion drops down and places a half-dazed Karina on top.

Ivanova helps her back to her feet.

Karina: Am I champion again?

Ivanova: Yes! Yes you are!

“Quick, get on top of me”

The Soviet Gingers turn to see Marie Jones. Who now stand side by side with her twin sister Kimberly.

Marie: Even I thought that was a little kinky. Definitely not PG.

Kim: But that’s ok because this is streamed on YouTube.

Karina and Ivanova turn and quickly run away. Marie and Kim chase after them.

Jonathan Scarborough vs. Brennan Davis
[Brennan Davis with a hip toss, an arm drag, and a hard shoulder block. Jonathan with a kip up kick and then an enziguri. Scarborough with a spinning flying forearm. Jonathan body slams Davis and drops an elbow. He covers but only gets a two. Scarborough whips him into the ropes but lowers his head too early. Brennan kicks him in the face and goes for a short arm clothesline but Scarborough ducks and locks in a headlock while driving knees into his head. Scarborough with a running clothesline and then a bridging Northern Lights suplex for a cover and a two. Scarborough goes for another body slam but Davis slips out of it and locks in a sleeper. Scarborough counters with a stunner. Scarborough connects with The Mighty Defeated. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Jonathan Scarborough

We cut backstage. There we find “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter. The reigning MWE Riot Champion is dressed in his all black ring gear and trench coat. He has the MWE Riot Championship title belt wrapped around his waist. A sinister grin is on his face.

Sutter: Tick, Tock, goes the doomsday clock. Run but you cannot hide. Tick, Tock, goes the doomsday clock. Time has dictated that your career shall die.

He chuckles softly.

Sutter: Good evening. I am a firm believer that time is the master of all. Time dictates when we shall be gone from this reality. Time dictates when I execute those who get in my way. Time is my master and I serve her well. And time certainly has a funny sense of humor, does it not? When I first made my debut everyone thought of me as a soulless monster. Now I admit that I did fit that whole “soulless monster” category. But time changes people. I became simply a mercenary, working for the highest bidder, who just so happened to be Danielle Page and her sisters. And now in my latest change, the world sees that I am capable of being more than just a mercenary. I do care about certain people, namely the Braddock family.

He laughs again, this time a little louder.

Sutter: Again, the irony of time. I was hated by the Braddock family, specifically this company’s owner Glory Braddock. Now I date her daughter. Now if I am to one day in the future be a member of this family, I should probably fall into line with this family’s philosophy of what it means to help out members of the family. So when my girlfriend’s aunt needed some assistance, I was more than happy to oblige. I provided muscle to back her up against the allies of Ms. Mason and I gave Ms. Braddock the necessary motivation to do what needed to be done. I convinced Julia Braddock to bring back her violent alter ego Chastity Noel.

He winks at the camera.

Sutter: Welcome back, Chastity.

He smirks.

Sutter: Tonight, I hope that my opponents at War Games are watching. Because time also provides premonitions and tonight is a look into your future. Watch closely at what three fourths of our War Games Team does to The Atari Brothers. We will execute them just as we will execute you at Declaration of War! The Doomsday Clock is ticking down, Ms. Mason…I hope you are prepared. Tick, Tock…Tick, tock…

We are out in the parking lot area. Karina Lysenko is clutching the Unsanctioned Title close to her chest while Anastasia is rolling their bags behind her. They are looking frantically for their car which, apparently, has gone missing.

Karina: Where is the damn car?! We need to leave before those maniacs catch us!

Ivanova: I’m looking, sestra…

Karina: Don’t you remember where the hell you parked?!

Ivanova: Yes! I parked right here…

She motions to an empty parking spot.

Ivanova: …but it’s not here!

Karina: Obviously you didn’t park here! Where did you park?!

Suddenly a car horn interrupts their arguing. They turn in time to see the vehicle they drove here in this evening coming after them. The Soviet Gingers barely jump out of the way in time. The car comes to a stop and then the driver’s side door opens and a deranged Kimberly Williams exits.

Kim: Don’t mind me! I’m just confiscating this nice car for the Proletariat Revolution! Bet ya didn’t know I could hotwire cars, did ya?!

Kimberly charges and tackles Karina to the ground. Marie hops out of the passenger’s side and then goes after Ivanova to keep her occupied. Kim picks Karina up and drags her over to the car where she body slams her on the hood. Kim then drives Karina head first through the windshield of the car! Kim pulls Karina off and slams her on the concrete. She covers.

1…2…3!

Kimberly walks over and picks up the Unsanctioned Title belt that Karina had dropped. She looks to see if her sister Marie needs any help. Marie superkicks Ivanova, dropping her down. Marie then picks Ivanova up and stuffs her inside of a steel trash can. Kimberly walks up to Marie and wraps an arm around her.

Kim: You did good, sis! There’s a little Crazy Kim in you after all!

Marie: Hanging around you enough will do that to a person.

Marie and Kim walk off.

Jessica Anderson vs. Ariana Angelos
[Jessica with a spinning heel kick and then a dropkick. She rushes in but Ariana counters with a backdrop and then a dropkick sending her to the outside. Ariana with a suicide dive over the top to the outside taking out Anderson. She rolls her back into the ring. Angelos with a springboard clothesline. She attempts a moonsault but Jessica gets her knees up. Jessica with Ass Kisser. She follows that up with a shining wizard. She covers and gets a two. Jessica with a one handed bulldog. She goes up top looking for The Show Stealer but Ariana rolls out of the way at the last second. Ariana with a dropkick, a spear, and then a brainbuster. She covers but Jessica gets a shoulder up at two and a half. Angelos with a superkick. She follows that up with Angel’s Descent. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Ariana Angelos

We cut backstage to the dressing room of The McBride Corporation. Melanie and Karen McBride are dressed to compete but conspicuous by her absence is the oldest of the McBrides, Blair McBride.

Karen: Where the hell is Blair?! We are up next. And we need a win.

Melanie: I’m sure she’s busy doing something important. Besides, it’s not like we need her anyway. It’s just Allison and Carmen. They used to be, what, The Ginger Bitches?

Karen: Mel, listen and listen good…we cannot look past Allison and Carmen. Trust me, I know Allison better than anyone. We feuded in IWC, we feuded in GDW, we are now feuding tonight. I tormented her and I was the one responsible for forcing her to unmask. She came back more fierce than ever and ended up winning multiple tag team championships here in GCW. And from what I’ve heard, Carmen is just as good as she is. We cannot sleep on them, Mel. And honestly, I would feel a lot better if we had Blair out there with us.

Melanie shrugs her shoulders.

Melanie: Come on, Kare-Bear, you and I are great together. You are a former GCW International Champion. I am a former Chameleon Champion in IWC. Together we defeated The Sovereign to become GCW Global Tag Team Champions and from there unified the tag titles to become Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions. We can do this with or without Blair.

Karen sighs and nods her head.

Karen: You’re right, of course. It’s just…

Melanie: What?

Karen: Everything that bitch Aubrey Powers said is getting to me. I mean, we have worked together, the three of us, for a long time. We were tag team champions and we were talking of a hostile takeover. But now all of that seems lost. We’re struggling to stay relevant. Do you think Powers is right? Do we need more allies?

Melanie shrugs her shoulders.

Melanie: It couldn’t hurt. And now that you mention it, that reminds me of what Blair told me earlier.

Karen: What? Is it something about where the hell she went?

Melanie: Yeah…maybe. I mean, she said she had some business to conduct and that it may take up most of her time.

Karen rolls her eyes.

Karen: Whatever that business is had better be good for The McBride Corporation. She is leaving us in a lurch tonight.

Melanie: Don’t worry, Kare-Bear. We got this!

Meanwhile in another part of the Dean Smith Center we find Blair McBride having a discussion with none other than the recently demoted Mason Van Stanton.

Mason: I find it quite ironic that you would come to me about this, Blair. The last time you and I had any interaction, we weren’t exactly on the friendliest of terms.

Blair: You convinced my sisters to abandon me. And then I convinced them to kick you to the curb. Now seeing your current predicament does amuse me. Somehow, someway, the genius that is Mason Van Stanton got outsmarted and outwitted. You are no longer a manager but a wrestler, whose fate is controlled by…someone…

Blair: …who knows? But you are not in an envious position, now are you?

Mason: No, I’m not. But you bring up an interesting point. For awhile I did drive a wedge between you and your sisters. I’m sure you hold a grudge. And you are quite the accomplished and knowledgeable businesswoman. Maybe you are the one responsible for my current predicament? Did you manage to find a way to rewrite my contract?

Blair chuckles.

Blair: Oh how I wish I could take credit for that! But no, it wasn’t me. I didn’t pull the strings to get you in this situation. But I could potentially help you.

Mason: Why the hell would you help me?!

Blair: Because I need help as well.

She produces a piece of paper and hands it to Van Stanton who starts reading it over.

Blair: You should find that to be familiar.

Mason: I recognize it. It does me no good now.

Blair: Correct, it wouldn’t do you any good because you are not a manager, and you cannot make use of that. But I am still categorized as both manager AND wrestler. I could make use of this. All you have to do is sign it over to me.

Van Stanton arches a brow.

Mason: What’s in it for me?

Blair: I will compensate you for your loss. The amount of money you paid for this, I will pay it back and even add an extra thousand to it. I would think that money could be of some use to you right now. You could use it to fund an investigation into who put you into this situation…or maybe fund a lawyer smart enough to get you out of this situation…

Van Stanton smirks.

Mason: I see where you’re going with this.

He reaches into his pocket and produces a pen. He quickly signs it and hands it over to Blair.

Mason: And there you go, Ms. McBride. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Blair: Back at you, Mason.

The McBride Corporation vs. Allison Lorraine & Carmen Diaz
[The action was fast paced in the beginning with Allison and Carmen using fast paced offense against Karen and Melanie. Allison with a head scissors takedown and a Mexican arm drag. Carmen with a spinning heel kick and a dropkick. Stereo superkicks to Melanie and Karen sends them to the outside. Allison and Carmen with flying corkscrew planchas over the top takes out The McBrides. Allison rolls Karen back into the ring. She attempts Ferocious Fate but Karen counters with White Collar Crime. Carmen breaks it up. Carmen goes for a suplex but Karen overpowers her and counters with a suplex of her own. Carmen rolls to the outside. Allison whips Karen into the ropes. Melanie blind tags herself in. Allison with a flapjack to Karen. Melanie with a bicycle kick to Allison. Melanie with a short arm clothesline and then a gut wrench suplex. Melanie with a Russian leg sweep. She goes to the second rope and connects with a blockbuster. The cover but Carmen breaks it up. Melanie tags out to Karen. Melanie and Karen with Blood Is Thicker Than Water. Karen connects with Bankrupt. The cover but Carmen again breaks it up. Karen tags out to Melanie. They whip Allison into the ropes. Carmen blind tags herself in. 3D from The McBride Corporation. Carmen with a springboard dropkick takes out Karen. Carmen with a superkick to Melanie. She goes for a springboard hurricinrana but Melanie counters into a sit out power bomb. Melanie with Evolution. She goes up top and connects with McBride Flies. The cover…1…2…Allison tries to break it up but Karen intercepts with a spear…3!]
WINNERS: The McBride Corporation

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Janelle St. Claire. She is sandwiched in between Destiny Skye on her left and Chastity Noel to her right. Destiny is dressed in her mostly black ring gear with a crop top and long tights and boots. Chastity is wearing black pants, a pink thigh length skirt, matching pink top, and matching pink kick boots.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen I am being joined by Skye Life! In a few moments you will be going to the ring alongside Clyde Sutter to face The Atari Brothers. We already heard from Mr. Sutter and he explained how this will be a preview of things to come for War Games. Many people are looking at this match to see how you three will operate as a team. Would you care to comment on this match coming up next?

Destiny: Y’know, the fourth member of our team, our good pal Sophie, she likes to quote famous historical figures. So why don’t I quote someone rather famous? FDR once said, “I have seen war. I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded. I have seen men coughing out their gassed lungs. I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed. I have seen 200 limping, exhausted men come out of line—the survivors of a regiment of 1,000 that went forward 48 hours before. I have seen children starving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives. I hate war.”

She shakes her head.

Destiny: We did NOT ask for this war. But Kelsai kept pushing this and pushing this. Even after she beat Jules for the Global Title she still couldn’t keep her name out of her damn mouth. You can only push someone for so long before they have no choice but to lash out. After having her title stolen from her, an attempt to end her career, and then finally having her friends attacked, Jules had reached her breaking point. That’s why Jules went back to that dark place and became Chastity once more. Because war is inevitable, war is coming, and we need Chastity to end this war. And this isn’t just war, this is Last Respects. The losing team captain must tell the winning team captain they respect them. Though knowing Jules…excuse me, Chastity…there won’t be an opportunity for Kelsai to tell her she respects her. Because Kelsai will be unconscious and in a hospital bed.

Chastity: I wouldn’t give that bitch the opportunity to show me the proper respect I deserve. I wouldn’t even allow her to worship me. She has squandered any and all opportunity to end this. Now we end this on our terms. As I said on Shotgun, off with her head.

She smirks.

Chastity: Tonight, The Atari Brothers, you three have not angered me. So while Clyde Sutter may be correct in saying that this is most definitely a preview of coming attractions, and while we will definitely beat you down here tonight, unlike what I will do to Kelsai at Declaration of War, I WILL show you mercy, and I will give you three the opportunity…to worship me…after we have left you battered, broken, and defeated.

We find Jessica Lasiewicz backstage in the concessions area with a cup of coffee. She is standing alone watching a nearby monitor. Eventually she is approached by none other than her tag team partner and best friend Summer Collins. Summer does not look very thrilled right now with The Archangel.

Summer: Where have you been?!

Jessica: Byłem tu.

Collins rolls her eyes.

Summer: Look, I know you’re pissed, but you know I don’t understand a word you’re saying when you speak Polish. So speak English!

Jessica: I have been here the entire time, Summer. Well, except for that interview earlier.

Summer: You should’ve stayed! I have been looking for you so we could…

Jessica: So we could what? Discuss strategy?

Lasiewicz shakes her head.

Jessica: There is no “WE” tonight. This is all on you. I refuse to take sides between my best friend and my cousin.

Summer: Seriously? You realize that you cannot maintain that stance forever. Eventually we will have to defend the tag titles against her and Skylar. What will you do then?

Jessica: It’s called competition, Summer. We both will do what we must. But I am not competing tonight, YOU are. And I am not taking sides in this match between you and Ana.

Collins rolls her eyes.

Summer: And what if Karen and Olly get involved? Or that stupid bird?

Jessica: Alexa is not stupid. She’s sweet.

Summer: And K2O?

Jessica: If they decide to get involved, I’ll be there. But barring that, I am not getting involved. I am not even going to accompany you to the ring for this.

She places a hand on Summer’s shoulder.

Jessica: Besides, do you really need me? You are a former GCW X Division Champion and North American Champion. You were the longest reigning GFC Commonwealth Champion. You are a former SWC Carolina Champion and SWC Heavyweight Champion. Sure, we have been partners for a very long time now, Summer, but I think you forget how talented you are inside the ring. Ana is very talented on her own, too. You both are definitely capable of hanging with each other without me providing moral support for either of you. Ok?

Collins sighs.

Summer: Alright, fine…just watch my back in case Karen and Olly get involved.

Tornado Rules
Skye Life & Clyde Sutter vs. The Atari Brothers
[The bell rings and Sutter drills Donkey Kong with an Unforgiven claymore kick knocking him to the outside. Chastity and Destiny pair off against Pacman and Q-Bert respectively. Sutter goes out after Donkey Kong. Sutter with a Cruciform Slam sending Donkey Kong through the Spanish Announce Table. Destiny clotheslines both herself and Q-Bert over the top and to the outside. Chastity with a Full Nelson release suplex to Pacman. She follows it up with an elbow drop, a second elbow drop, and then curtsies before dropping a third elbow. Destiny with The Destiny Cutter to Q-Bert on the outside! Chastity with Ex-Communication to Pacman. Sutter slides back into the ring. He picks Pacman up and drops him with one power bomb, hangs on for a second power bomb, hangs on for an F5…Judge, Jury, & Executioner! Destiny slides into the ring. Sutter holds Pacman in position allowing Destiny to drop him with The Destiny Cutter. Chastity pulls Pacman up and drops him with The Vow of Chastity. She covers…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Skye Life & Clyde Sutter

The team of SkyBird, Anastasia Starling and Skylar Rayner, had mostly been on the quiet side on social media lately. Though evidently present together at shows, their social media presence had been largely muted, especially since the former Number One contenders to the Tag Team titles were screwed out of victory for the second time, by a second team. It was at this moment that Anastasia Starling could be seen strutting her way through the backstage area. In an unusual sight, she seemed to be wearing her Raven themed ring gear, complete with mask. It wasn’t attire that she was normally seen in being an outfit that she wore in her more vengeful, justice seeking days in MWE and the Underground, when she inspired a rebellion against those who were trying to ruin the company.

Anastasia Starling: La la la la la…

She sang to herself, her greens and blues gazing forward as she walked. Tonight she had a massive main event contest against Summer Collins, half of the tag team champions, Fabulous. Whilst things had been cordial, even friendly, between the two teams over the years, recently that relationship had soured. Partially because of the way that Fabulous won the titles, with assistance from K2O, but mainly because Summer has still openly celebrated the tainted win.

Anastasia Starling: Alexa…

Starling called out, her raven flying down from a high window to perch on her shoulders. The raven had been seen quite often lately, returning the favour done by K2O, causing havoc and trouble for her opponents. It really did seem like enough was enough for The Songbird, and after claiming a measure of revenge against Eldon a week or so back, it looked like she would be aiming for the same against Summer Collins.

Anastasia Starling: We have another point to prove, little one…

She muttered, feeding the bird a strip of dried meat, before she disappeared around the corner. The main event was looming, and Ana seemed not only fired up, but was wearing her outfit of revenge. What did this mean for Summer? And what did it mean for the tag division?

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Samuel Price. Standing next to him is Summer Collins. She is dressed in her tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading uniform. She has her GCW World Tag Team Championship title belt wrapped around her waist.

Samuel: Ladies and gentlemen my guest at this time is one half of the reigning Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions, one third of Fabulous, Summer Collins! Now, we already know that Jessica Lasiewicz isn’t here because she refuses to take sides in your match tonight against Anastasia Starling. But where is Leviticus?

Summer: Levi is around, as is Jess. And just like Jess, Levi would rather not get himself involved. But they are watching my back, to ensure that nothing shady goes down tonight. I mean, lets face it, we know that Karen and Olly could be lurking around the corner and could strike at any time. I’m sure they are none too pleased with Ana right now, considering her bird cost them two matches. And I am sure that they would love nothing more than to cost Ana a match here tonight.

She shakes her head.

Summer: But I do NOT want that. Earlier, Jess lit a fire under my ass, a fire that hasn’t been there in long time. She reminded me just who in the hell I am and what I am capable of. In the Southeastern Wrestling Conference I was the SWC Champion and SWC Carolina Champion. In Pro Wrestling Frontier I was the longest reigning Commonwealth Champion in that company’s history. Since my debut in GCW in 2012 I have been X Division Champion and North American Champion. It is true that most people know me for my tag team expertise, due to the fact that I have been a tag team champion eight times in my career, four of which were with Jess. So I get it, my reputation as a tag team specialist is earned and deserved. But no one should look past my abilities as a singles competitor. I can win on my own. I have done it before and I will do it again.

Samuel: I doubt that Anastasia Starling is overlooking you. She has been trained by some of the best in the world.

Collins nods her head.

Summer: You’re right, and I hope that she isn’t overlooking me. Because I mean it, all respect aside…and yes, there is respect between Fabulous and SkyBird, and Jess and I do want to defend our titles against them…but all of that respect aside, I am not going to just roll over. I am going to give her the fight of her life. And maybe, tonight right here in Chapel Hill, the main event of Fever will be absolutely FABULOUS!

Summer walks off.

Backstage we find Karen and Melanie McBride approaching their dressing room. They are still in their wrestling gear but have apparently visited concessions, as they both have cups of coffee in their hands. Their victory tonight over Allison Lorraine and Carmen Diaz has apparently put them in good spirits, as they seem cheerful and have smiles on their faces.

Karen: That was a good win tonight, Mel.

Melanie: You can say that again, Kare-Bear. And you were right, we definitely needed it.

Karen: Damn right, we did. Allison and Carmen made us earn it but we did. We won. But I’m still wondering where the hell Blair went?

Melanie: Maybe she’s returned to the dressing room?

Karen pushes open the dressing room door and then she and Melanie enter. Once inside they spot their sister Blair McBride.

Karen: Blair?! Where the hell have you been?!

Blair: Didn’t Melanie tell you? I was busy conducting business.

Karen: Business that was more important than our match tonight?!

Karen is clearly angry but Blair doesn’t seem bothered by this in the least.

Blair: I knew you and Melanie would be fine on your own against Allison and Carmen. You two are former world tag team champions and Allison and Carmen are just…former bitches…and you two did NOT disappoint! That was a great win for The McBride Corporation!

Karen: No thanks to you!

Melanie: Calm down, Kare-Bear. I’m sure Blair had some important business.

Blair smirks devilishly.

Blair: Indeed I did, baby sister. You see, something that Aubrianna Powers said struck a chord with me. We do need more allies. The reason our hostile takeover hasn’t worked out is because it is just the three of us. Simply put, just like any business, The McBride Corporation needs to expand. We have you two as a tag team…I am a wrestler and manager…so yeah, we can definitely win the tag titles back, and maybe a singles title if I hone my skills enough and can find enough time to train some more. But that still leaves some much left untouched. That leaves so much of GCW for others to claim as their own. Danielle Page has her allies that will help her become the GCW World Champion. Julia Braddock has become Chastity Noel and has formed her army to combat Kelsai’s army. So many people with so many allies. We need allies, ladies.

Karen: All of that sounds good but where do you plan to get allies? It seems as if everyone already has picked their sides. The rest are just loners who do not want to work with anyone.

Blair nods her head.

Blair: This is true…but just like any good hostile takeover in the corporate world, you need to search for WILLING allies. If you cannot find willing allies then maybe you need to twist a few arms.

She snaps her fingers. In walks Sierra Michaels. Karen and Melanie are stunned to see their former “sister” turned enemy in their dressing room. Blair is grinning from ear to ear.

Blair: You remember Sierra. She is the newest member of The McBride Corporation.

Sierra: Not by choice.

Blair: Hush now!

Melanie approaches Blair.

Melanie: Sierra was once one of us, but that partnership ended terribly. How the hell did you manage this?

Blair: Mason Van Stanton is a very controlling individual. Every client he chooses to work with, he rewrites their contract so that he controls their entire career. Just look at Julia Braddock. She was basically a lowly servant in the early days after he rewrote her contract. Once she started actively working with him and doing as she was told, he started relaxing a little. But he still had the capacity to control her at any point. Similar contracts were drawn up when he worked with Clyde Sutter, the three of us, and even Sierra here. Unfortunately that contract only gave him power so long as he was a manager.

Karen: But he’s not a manager any longer.

Blair: Correct. So he still possessed Sierra’s contract and controlled her career and bookings but could not utilize that control due to the fact that he was no longer a GCW manager. As a result, Sierra here has had her career crippled because without Mason Van Stanton she was powerless. Tonight I bought Sierra’s contracts from Mason. I am now her manager and I have the same powers over her career that Mason once held.

Karen smiles devilishly. Melanie looks unsure of this whole situation.

Blair: In other words, dear sisters, Sierra IS once again a member of The McBride Corporation, but not as a sister…adopted, honorary, or otherwise…she is property, EXCLUSIVE property of The McBride Corporation.

Sierra: Screw you!

Blair turns to face Sierra.

Blair: I understand. We ended on the wrong foot. But this new partnership is for real, Sierra, and it is going to happen. It is up to you how we proceed. Your membership in The McBride Corporation does not have to be a negative experience. I brought you in because like Mason, I see potential in you. I see the possible ways you could add to our strength and power. Without me buying out your contract you would be sitting at home without a paycheck. I am doing a favor by becoming your manager because thanks to me you will continue to get bookings. And I am not some sadist, I am a pragmatist and realist. Your success equals success for the entire McBride Corporation. I will do my best to make you a champion. All four of us could hold gold.

Blair: Or if you choose to make this a negative experience, then you can just wait on us hand and foot. So be a team player and benefit, get rich, and maybe win a championship…or you can be our personal bitch for the remainder of your GCW contract…which upon reading it lasts for at least two more years. The choice is yours, Sierra.

Sierra: I hear ya…

Blair: I promise, we won’t be as bad as Van Stanton. By the way, me and my sisters, we are all to be addressed as Ms. McBride. Are we clear?

She nods her head.

Sierra: Yes, Ms. McBride.

Main Event
Anastasia Starling vs. Summer Collins
[Starling starts off fast with several quick arm drags, a Mexican arm drag, and then a back flip head scissors takedown on Summer. Collins pops back up but Ana with a rope aided roundhouse kick and Summer falls down but manages to roll to the outside. Starling with an over the top rope somersault plancha takes out Collins! Ana pulls her up and goes for an Irish whip towards the steel steps but Summer reverses and this sends Ana knees first into the steel steps. Collins rolls into the ring to break referee Malcolm Stride’s count before rolling right back out of the ring. Summer with a capture suplex on the outside. She rolls Ana back into the ring. Summer applies an inverted figure four. Starling reaches the ropes after about thirty seconds. Summer snaps off a dragon screw. Summer applies a leg grapevine. Starling fights to the ropes and reaches them after about a minute. Summer goes for another dragon screw but Ana counters with an enziguri. Collins staggers towards the corner. Starling with a cannonball in the corner. Ana with a corner back flip kick but this clearly hurt Ana’s leg as well and it shows. Summer chop blocks the leg. Collins turns her over into a single leg crab. After about a minute Ana reaches the ropes.]

[Summer with a release German suplex. Summer then locks in an STF. Starling fights to get to the ropes and reaches them after about a minute. Summer pulls her out to the center and goes to apply a figure four but Ana counters with a small package…1…2…NO! Summer pops back up and goes for The Money Clip but Anastasia counters by shoving her off into the ropes. Summer runs back and drops her with Summer’s End. Collins goes right into a triangle lancer. Starling fights it for twenty seconds and manages to eventually counter into a roll up…1…2..NO! Collins with The Money Clip. She covers, hooking the leg…1…2…3NO! Ana just barely gets a shoulder up! Summer takes that shoulder and applies an arm bar. After about forty seconds Ana reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Summer pulls Ana up and goes for The Stock Market Crash but Ana counters with a The Merovingian Crucifix. Summer is now struggling in the hold but won’t give up. After about a minute she reaches the ropes, forcing a break.]

[Starling starts building up momentum again. A one handed swinging neck breaker. Ana with a springboard leg drop bulldog! She covers…1…2…3NO! Ana goes for a whip but Summer reverses. Ana comes back with Our Lady Peace! Springboard Polish Hammer! The cover…1…2…3NO! Summer just barely gets a shoulder up! Starling goes for Angra Mainyu but Summer counters with the crippler crossface variant Chapter Thirteen out of nowhere, a move she learned from her sister-in-law Meagan Collins! Ana tries to crawl towards the ropes. It has been a minute but she can’t quite get there. Summer is holding on tight. Ana goes for a different strategy. She uses what strength she has left to turn herself over on top of Summer for a pinning combination…1…2…3NO! Summer broke the hold just in time! Summer scrambles back to her feet. Ana slowly pulls herself up. Collins from behind applies The Million Dollar Dream! The hold stays locked in for about twenty seconds before Ana counters with a stunner!]

[Both are down as Malcolm Stride begins his count…1…2…3…Ana rolls over first, then Summer…4…5…Ana pushes herself up to her knees…6…7…Ana is back to her feet, breaking the count. Summer is back to her knees. Summer is back to her feet but gets caught by Spinning Bird Kick. Starling goes up to the top and comes off for Songbird’s Flight but NO! Summer gets her knees up! Summer catches her with The Stock Market Crash! The cover…1…2…3NOOO! Starling just barely gets a shoulder up! Summer is shocked! Chants of “This is awesome!” erupt in the crowd. Summer waits as Ana slowly pulls herself up. Summer immediately goes for a second Stock Market Crash but Ana blocks it with elbows to the side of the head. Eventually Summer lets go. Starling with another Our Lady Peace! Starling with Sturnidae! Instead of covering, Ana applies The Merovingian Crucifix for a second time. This time there is no escape…Summer taps out!]
WINNER: Anastasia Starling