Shotgun 11.14

randy

Shotgun 11.14

Post by randy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:14 am

(The lights dim as several spotlights shine down upon the entrance ramp. The opening chords of "Gets Me Through" by Ozzy Osbourne begins to play over the PA system. The lights all come on. Pyro goes off. The tron flashes to life and the words "Her Royal Majesty" appears on the tron only to be set ablaze and burn away in a fire, almost as if Rome itself were burning. The words "The Queen is dead" appear in its place.)

Robert Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, "THE FALLEN QUEEN" CHASTITY NOEL!

(Then Chastity Noel steps out onto the stage decked out in a royal blue long sleeve backless bodycon sequin dress with a short pencil shaped hemline. She is perched atop black high heeled sandals. Chastity has a stoic, focused gaze on her face. She glaring down the ramp towards the ring, thinking only of who and what she is expected to conquer tonight. The Fallen Queen gracefully and methodically makes her way down the ramp. The fan reaction goes unnoticed by Noel. She only cares about the task at hand. Her eyes never leave the ring as the intensity of the music picks up. Chastity rounds a corner and then ascends the steps. She steps between the ropes, entering the ring. Chastity steps to the center of the ring and gives a crucifix pose for the fans, drawing a loud reaction. The music dies down and then reaches for a microphone, taking it from Robert Lee.)

Chastity: Regret. I have spoken often about this since Resurrection IX. I often regretted what brought me to that point where I was practically banished from this company. I regret betraying my friends and family to just get ahead. I definitely regret trusting slime like Mason Van Stanton who tried to twist my mind and corrupt me. I have not lived a perfect, wholesome life. I will not hide from my mistakes. I was a drug addict who was nearly destroyed by my addiction. I would betray my family out of revenge, I would betray my fans and my best friend in order to get ahead in this business, I have done some very heinous things since my debut in 2011 and I regret every bit of it. Since Resurrection IX, however, I have done my absolute best to put it behind me and to work to not only make amends for my past but also to redeem myself. Did I ask to be cheered by one and all and immediately accepted as if none of it ever happened?

(She shakes her head.)

Chastity: No, I didn’t. I can’t control how the fans react. They just cheered me upon my return. They accepted my intentions as if they were pure. I never asked for that kind of acceptance. I was willing to fight to earn that acceptance. I am certainly grateful these great fans did accept me back and forgive me so quickly, but I never asked for it. Did I ever claim to be a role model? No, I didn’t. Hell, I am definitely NOT a role model. You don’t want to grow up to be like me, ladies and gentlemen. But I do my best every damn day to get by with the memory of my past always looming over my shoulder. Did I expect all of my peers to just forgive and forget? Of course I didn’t. I am a second generation wrestler. This industry is in my blood. My father was Glenn Braddock, Britain’s Best, and I traveled with him to arenas all over Europe. I saw how things went backstage. I observed the bitterness, the grudges that people never let go of. So after the bullshit I pulled prior to Resurrection IX, well I never expected everyone to just embrace me and accept me with open arms. But I DID expect to be left alone. If you didn’t want to forgive me, that’s fine, I never expected forgiveness from anyone. But I did expect you to at the very least have the decency and courtesy to leave me the hell alone so I could move on with my career.

(Noel shakes her her head.)

Chastity: But you couldn’t leave well enough, could you Kelsai? You couldn’t stand that the people damn near universally accepted me back with open arms and forgave me. You couldn’t stand that the locker room by and large forgave me, and those who didn’t forgive me at least left me alone. You couldn’t stand watching me win Civil War that year and go on to become GCW Global Champion. You thought that spotlight and fan adoration, you thought that the role of locker room leader belonged to you and you alone. But you forgot something, Kelsai; I busted my ass for a solid year to get to that position. I was left off cards for the most of that calendar year but I still trained and worked hard in the gym, at the performance center, I sparred against anyone and everyone willing to fight me whilst management largely ignored me that year. You think I had it easy in my comeback but you ignore the hell I had to walk through. And then to regain the main event status I once had…I had to win the Civil War Match to get it. I had to beat sixty plus people to get my main event spot back! Had I not won the Civil War Match that year I would have gone back to being largely ignored. So put some damn respect on my name, bitch! I earned my spot back! None of it was just handed to me! And as for the fan support and locker room support…

(She chuckles softly.)

Chastity: …I can’t help that you are just such an insufferable bitch that no one can stand your obnoxious ass! So out of jealousy you stole the Global Championship from me. Out of jealousy you tried to take me out with a lead pipe. Out of jealousy you tried to take out my friends. This problem between you and me, it didn’t have to come to this, we didn’t have to go to War Games. All you had to do was come to me backstage and just tell me what you really thought of me. That would have been the end of it. But you had to go and show the world that not only are you a two-faced obnoxious hypocrite, but you are also stupid as hell.

(The fans go “ooooh”. Chastity just nods her head.)

Chastity: You are stupid because you kept provoking me. You kept poking a really nasty, mean grizzly bear and that bear is going to tear you apart at Declaration of War. It did not have to end this way, Kelsai. I tried my best to end this as peacefully as possible. But you wouldn’t stop. You were too damn stubborn to let it go. So now here we are, just two weeks removed from War Games, where it will be over. One way or another it will end between the two of us. And I spoke of regret earlier, how I regretted the things that I had done. But I will not regret what I do to you and anyone dumb enough to stand by your side and support you at Declaration of War. I will not regret stomping your brains in. I will not regret choking the life out of you. I will not regret potentially ending your career inside that cage. And as for the last respects stipulation? This isn’t about respect. I already said on many occasions that I respect you as a competitor. I don’t give a damn about your respect. This is about me beating the every loving crap out of you, hurting you to the point that you cannot possibly strike back at me! War Games is about me ENDING YOU and I will not regret ending your GCW career!

(She points a finger at the camera.)

Chastity: Because YOU brought it all upon yourself!

--

The scene opens up inside the private boxes of the Sun National Bank Center. Svetlana Iryna Nabokov, better known to the masses as GCW Heritage Champion SIN, can be seen dressed in a red gown, her Championship resting upon her lap as she sips from the glass to her right. As she sets it down, she is approached from behind by Roderick Osborn…

Osborn: “SIN…”

She immediately holds her hand up, stopping Osborn in his tracks. Without turning towards him, she responds.

SIN: “You are wondering my thoughts on the contender’s match about to take place?”

Osborn: “If you wouldn’t mind.”

SIN smirks, looking down at her Championship.

SIN: “Three competitors, all vying for an opportunity to challenge me. For some, having others dance for the privilege of stepping into the ring with them would be a humbling imposition. For me it is clockwork. My goal has always been to push individuals to better themselves… to embrace their baser instincts to achieve greatness. And what better way to see who is worthy than a match such as this. After all, opportunities are going to be few and far between… Clydesdale and Alexander are going to have to show they are willing to exploit those openings to their fullest extent.”

Osborn: “And Izzi Grimes?”

SIN smiles bitterly, turning to look towards Osborn.

SIN: “I truly do hope Izzi gets her head on straight, because unless she’s willing to step away from her self-imposed morals… unless she’s willing to actually fight for survival and take advantage of what is served to her… she’s going to get eaten alive. This match is two bulls and a fawn… I just don’t know if she can bring herself to do what it takes to win. I do hope I’m wrong…”

With a smirk, she again turns back to the ring, reaching for her glass to take another sip. She uses her left hand to shoo Osborn away. The scene shifts.

--

We cut back to what appears to be a conference room of sorts. There is a long oval shaped table and seated around the table are three of the members of The McBride Corporation. Blair McBride sits at the head of the table wearing a navy blue skirt suit and black high heeled pumps. Karen McBride sits in the middle wearing a long sleeve little black dress and heels. At the other end of the table sits Melanie McBride, wearing a white skirt suit and sandals. Standing at the front of the room is their newly acquired executive assistant Sierra Michaels.

Blair: Let’s discuss possible expansion…Sierra?

Sierra: Yes, Ms. McBride, I have prepared a list of GCW talent who, as you described, were underutilized and/or underappreciated. First on the list are Karina Lysenko and Anastasia Ivanova.

Karen: The Soviet Gingers? Those two are uncontrollable and absolutely insane. Out of the question.

Melanie: I disagree, Kare-Bear. They are former tag team champions and Ivanova is a former North American Champion. If we can control them they could prove to be a great asset.

Blair shakes her head.

Blair: Karen is right, they are uncontrollable. Besides, they are self-described communists. We are capitalists. Next!

Sierra: Veronica Taylor.

Karen: I like her attitude. She definitely has a killer instinct and willingness to do anything to win.

Melanie: AND she has been unappreciated. Just look at her recent string of shortcomings thanks in large part to GCW management.

Blair: The problem, sisters, is that Vero is already allies with Danielle Page, Alexander Clydesdale, and Clyde Sutter. She may not believe that she needs us and may be unwilling to work with us. We can at least keep her in mind, however. Next!

Sierra: Aubrianna Powers.

Karen smirks as she looks over at Melanie.

Karen: Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Melanie: Definitely. Aubrey and I are former MCW World Tag Team Champions. The partnership is and history is already there. And she has expressed an interest.

Blair: We can reach out to her. Sierra, you are excused.

Sierra: Yes, Ms. McBride.

She turns and makes her exit. Blair, Karen, and Melanie turn to face the camera.

Blair: As you can see, The McBride Corporation actively looking for new allies and new partnerships. We are actively looking to expand in our quest for a hostile takeover of Global Championship Wrestling. Karen, Olly, you can prove valuable to our cause and in turn The McBride Corporation can prove to be valuable allies for you. At Declaration of War, we will hold up our end of the bargain. We will assist you in not only defeating SkyBird and Fabulous, but in humbling them. If all goes according to plan, K2O will have the tag team championship.

Karen: But expect reciprocation. If any member of The McBride Corporation decides to challenge for a championship, we want your full support just as we have given you ours.

Melanie: That includes those tag team championships. If Kare-Bear and I decide we want a shot at those straps after we HELP YOU WIN THEM, then we expect you to live up to your word.

Blair smirks.

Blair: This partnership will be a beautiful thing. But first let us look towards Declaration of War and putting an end to Fabulous and SkyBird.

--

Heritage Contenders Match:
Izzi Grimes vs Alexander Clydesdale Vs Jeffrey Alexander

In the beginning, Izzi and Jeffrey worked together to neutralize the much bigger for standing in their way to becoming the #1 contender for the Heritage Championship. With Clydesdale out the way, both Izzi and Jeffrey had a nice respectful contest between fan favorites. This didn’t last as long as they may have liked. Clydesdale, not keen on being ganged up on, returned to the ring on an absolute tear. Jeff and Izzi’s double team efforts weren’t going to pay dividends this time.

Clydesdale focused the bulk of his onslaught on the smaller Izzi. The way he was slamming her, tossing her around, he was aiming to show that might makes right. All he could muster were two counts. Izzi wasn’t going to allow another chance to challenge for the Heritage Championship go to waste.

Jeff did return to the fray. He used his quickness and veteran gile to keep Clydesdale on his toes. Jeffrey managed to drop Clydesdale with the Top Rope Corkscrew Neckbreaker (Turn Out the Lights). He was about to make the cover but Izzi managed to get him out of the ring. Make the cover on Clydesdale to secure the 1-2-3.

Winner: Izzi Grimes

Izzi was beside herself with excitement. She earned a second chance to become the Heritage Champion.

--

Backstage…

Mariah “THE” Starr can be seen gathered in a common area, through not without being shielded by her usual accompaniment of bodyguards to keep the unwashed back.

Mariah: “So of course *I* would go on to defeat the lesser “star” to once again earn *my* opportunity at the X-Division Championship. I mean, there really is no one more worthy of such a position as I am, is there?”

Mariah laughs, but no one else around her does.

Mariah: “And now, at Survival of the Fittest, I will do what I should have done over a month ago and FINALLY be the shining light, “THE” Starr that liberates the X-Division Championship, lifting it up to a higher plateau than it had EVER seen before, higher than it COULD ever see under Mara Kade. I have overcome too much to get to this point… I had to overcome various annoyances on social media… I had to overcome planned, conspired outside interference designed to rob me of my rightful position… and I did it all! I, like the X-Division Championship itself, am resilient. I will persevere. I will overcome. I will… what’s that phrase lesser competitors use? “Levitate”.

She scoffs.

Mariah: “I will shine brighter than any other because that’s who I am! I was born to be more than a “star”... I am “THE” Starr, and I was born for this!”

With that, Mariah laughs again and the scene shifts.

--

[In the back of a limbo, Veronica Starr is seated next to Alexander Jones, who wears a tighten expression on his face. Veronica dusted off her green blazer while Alexander sat upright in his seat, wearing his ring gear. Her eyes turn towards him, however, his eyes remain straight ahead. Alexander folds his hands together, exhaling from his nose. Once again, Veronica's eyes drift in his direction. He remains unmoved. She turns her head back to the camera.]

Veronica: Well, ok. Alan Monroe. You crazy little fox. You-

Alexander: V. Cut that shit out.

[Alexander's tone was firm. Veronica presses her lips together and whips her head back to him.]

Alexander: Ain't wasting time with these fanboys. The big show coming up should have been the night I get the big belt. They know why they ain't happened. I mean what I say. I got something coming for that man. For everybody. Y'all thought the chip was already big on the shoulders. It's massive now. It's personal now. You don't take food off my table and not get dealt with.

I already seen Monroe up close. Mans took the fall when we were dealing with them twins. I see the plot. I see the play. I'm going to beat the respect on Monroe. I'mma beat his ass. Then whoever they put in front of me, I'mma beat they ass too. Truss me. I mean what I say. Y'all better stop playing on my name like I ain't spent a year ripping through everybody. Everyone around here should be praising the Lord that right now I ain't standing right now next in line for the big belt. But they also should be praying because I'm not next in line for the big belt. Because I'm on they ass. I'm on everyone's ass. I'm getting to the cake. Regardless. Point blank. Never play with my name!

[Alexander's voice raises just as the limo stops. Veronica nods and also glares at the camera. A door opens from Alexander's side and he quickly steps out, as does Veronica. There's a slew of security guards awaiting both of them. Alexander eyes the man before storming past them, with the security guards surrounding him and Veronica following behind.]

--

The scene opens up to a recent match from Nadia Allen… as the match plays over on the monitors, the sound of grunts and impact on a punching bag resonate through the room. As the match ends, Samuel Price interviews Nadia, who proclaims that her next opponent is no matter, because “Everyone’s on the menu”...

Voice: “Everyone, you say?”

The camera pans around, showing Envy Ellis in the gym, clad in her workout attire. A smirk crawls onto her face.

Ellis: “There’s an old saying… “Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it”... well, Nadia… you want to know what’s next on the menu?”

She turns back to the punching bag, hitting a high kick that knocks it off it’s chains to the ground below. Envy walks over to it, mounting it with a single boot.

Ellis: “Be aware… you may well bite off more than you can chew.”

With a smirk from Envy, the scene cuts.

--

Alan Monroe Vs Alexander Jones

This wasn’t a cake walk by any means. Soon as the bell rang, Alan immediately got the jump on Alexander, backing him into the corner. He unleashed fist of fury, not really caring about how great his technique was. Alan has always had an unorthodox style. Alex did manage to escape to the outside. Alan followed. He was stopped by Brodie who dared him to make a move. Alan shrugged, started laying in punches. Only reason Brodie didn’t fire back was because it would cause of DQ for his man, can’t have that. Alan didn’t get enough hits in. Alexander pulled Brodie to the side, caught Alan with a boot to the face. He then back suplexed Alan on the edge of the announce table.

From that point forward it was pretty much all Alexander. He gave Alan three overhead belly to belly suplexes in succession. When Alan tried to fight back at one point, he caught Monroe by surprise with a Superman Punch. Later on Alan tried one last attempt to mount a comeback by was snapped in half by a vicious spear. One guillotine choke later, Alan passed out and gave Alexander Jones a victory.

Winner: Alexander Jones

Post match, Brodie entered the ring. He delivered not one, not two, not three but four powerbombs to Alan Monroe. Not feeling that was enough, he gorilla pressed Alan over his head, tossing him to the outside for maximum effect. Dusting his hands off, Alexander and Brodie left the ring after handling business as usual.

--

Backstage…

Miss America is fired up. She paces around the set before turning to the camera.

Miss America: “You know something… I ain’t too keen on being used as a pawn in someone else’s chess match.”

She shakes her head.

Miss America: “Danielle Page… you’re so keen on the idea that you’re gonna be the next Champion that you’re letting it blind you. See, you may have a shot, but I got one in my possession that I can use ANY time I damn well please! I’ve been trying to get it through your thick skull that any glory you could steal… using a hired gun, using tactics that are as CHEAP as you are… would only be met with swift retribution, but you still don’t want to see it. See, I have the Global Destiny briefcase that GUARANTEES me a World Championship match WHENEVER I see fit! If you think you could steal that Championship and carry it for more than 24 hours, you’re outta your Goddamn mind!”

Miss America pauses briefly, regaining composure.

Miss America: “So lemme make this clear for you… you will NOT become GCW World Champion. You will NOT beat D’Nae Moore for that Championship. And were you to steal it from her? You will NOT leave that show as Champion, I PROMISE you that, because despite what some overrated hack commentator tries to sell on these programs, GCW can do FAR better than you!”

With that, and without her usual patriotic conclusion, Miss America departs the scene, which fades.

--

We cut backstage where we find GCW Hall of Fame journalist (just ask her all about it!) Janice King. The arrogant reporter is standing with one-third of the reigning Zion Trios Champions and the self-proclaimed MVP of GCW, Aubrianna Powers. The Most Valuable Powers is wearing black dress pants, high heel sandals, and a black blouse. Her long hot pink tipped blonde hair is left to hang down to past the shoulders. Her Zion Trios Championship is wrapped around her waist.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am Janice King…THE FIRST JOURNALIST to be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame, by the way…and my guest at this time is Zion Trios Champion, The MVP Aubrianna Powers! Thank you for joining me, Aubrey!

Powers smirks.

Aubrianna: No problem, Janice. I mean, it isn’t like I have anything to do, now do I? I wasn’t booked tonight. I wasn’t even booked for Declaration of War.

Janice: Well the reason you aren’t booked for Declaration of War is because Jazmyn Rain did in fact return this past Livewire. Jazmyn accepted the challenge of Angelica Jones and they will clash at Declaration of War. Your thoughts?

The MVP chuckles.

Aubrianna: I won’t complain about Jazmyn getting that match. She deserves her chance at revenge. Unlike some in this company, I welcome Jazmyn back with open arms! I have respect for Jazmyn because she is the first person to ever beat me in my wrestling career. So if she wants to be the one to take out Angelica Jones, she can be my guest. But I do want to remind everyone that I was the one who took out Kayla Jones. And for that reason alone it is criminal that I am not scheduled for some kind of match tonight or at Declaration of War! What more do I have to do, Janice? Huh?

She pats the title belt around her waist.

Aubrianna: As if taking out Kayla wasn’t enough, I went to Zion and alongside Trinity won the Trios Championship. I am not just championship caliber, Janice. I AM a champion! I deserve respect!

Janice: Uh, Aubrey?

Aubrianna: What is it, Janice?

Janice: You DO know that Kayla Jones has been cleared to compete, didn’t you?

Powers smirks.

Aubrianna: Yeah, I heard the news. If she has the guts to come back then by all means, she can come back. I will be glad to finish the job I started and break her neck and end her damn career. She can just sit at home and watch me rise to the top of GCW! She can watch me dominate! She can watch…

Suddenly a loud smack is heard and Aubrianna Powers falls flat on her back. Janice gasps in shock as she steps back. The fans are in a stunned silence, waiting to see what just happened. Then Kayla Jones steps into view and the crowd cheers loudly.

Kayla: I warned you, Powers. I told you that I would kick your teeth right down your throat. Ah, it feels great to be back.

Kayla Jones walks off.

--

Britney's “Gimmie More” fills the arena as D'Nae Moore walks out onto the stage. Dressed in a blue and white patterned pants and top set, D'Nae carries the World Championship belt over her shoulder. The crowd shows their appreciation for their Champion as D'Nae makes her way down the ramp. D'Nae goes up the steps and between the ropes. In the middle of the ring she holds the belt overhead with a big smile, drawing cheers. She then motions to the corner and a ring tech tosses her a mic. D'Nae places the belt back on her shoulder and the music fades so she can speak.

D'Nae: “Hey y'all! How y'all doing tonight?”

The crowd cheers.

D'Nae: “Good, good. I'm feeling good too. I hope y'all are enjoying the show so far. Last stop before Declaration of War. And last stop before I teach Danielle Page a lesson!”

This draws more cheers.

D'Nae: “Can y'all believe the arrogance of that woman? The AUDACITY? To run her mouth here, there, on Twitter, everywhere, talkin' bout she's better than me, and I'm a fraud? A so-called faux champion? I'd ask if she's looked in a mirror, but that would be a dumb question, of COURSE she has, it's probably all she does when she's not wrestling,”

A few laughs are heard, and D'Nae smirks.

D'Nae: “Alright, I'm not gonna stoop too low, I'm on a higher level than she is, and I ain't stooping. Not for her, not for anyone. So let's get this straight right now. Danielle calls me a faux champion, claims I'm just keeping it warm for her, and her lil girl group repeats everything she says like a gaggle of parrots. She thinks that because she STOLE the Heritage Championship from me ages ago, it means she has one over on me and she's better than me.”

D'Nae steps closer to the camera and speaks right to it, as if addressing Danielle herself.

D'Nae: “Baybay... lemme tell you something right now. There ain't nothing so low in this world as a thief. And you walking around proud at the way you took that title from me, proud of the ways you've gotten most of, if not all of your wins since you got here. Meanwhile, me? I've been kicking every ass put in front of me, proving myself each and every time I step foot in this ring. Taking nothing that don't belong to me, but working as hard as I need to work to EARN it! Last time I checked, I'm the one who walked into For Glory and Gold with nothing but my skills and determination, and walked out with THIS-”

D'Nae holds the belt up again.

D'Nae: “-beating not one, but TWO World Champions at the same time!”

The crowd roars with cheers and applause. D'Nae lowers the belt but keeps it in hand.

D'Nae: “If anyone is a faux anything, Dani? It's you. You've listened to ya lil groupies so much and stared at yourself in the mirror so long, making yourself believe that you did anything right to earn this, when anyone who pays even half-ass attention to GCW knows you ain't nothing but a trifling thief! You got away with grand larceny when you stole the Heritage Championship from me, but this? You ain't stealing this from me!

You have never beat me clean and you never will. You know you can't. That's why you talk your shit and play your games in the ring. The sad thing is, if you actually wrestled fair, you might have a chance. If you trusted your own abilities the way I have one hundred percent faith in mine.... you could have made it to where you are without stealing a damn thing. But you don't. You're afraid of being exposed so you do whatever you can to get ahead.”

Shaking her head, D'Nae grins, dryly.

D'Nae: “Thing is... you bout to get exposed anyway. Cause I ain't letting you cheat. You ain't gonna have time to think of some trick, cause I'm gonna beat dat ass before you have a chance!”

The crowd roars again.

D'Nae: “Na. You want to prove me wrong? Come to Declaration of War and fight fair. Can you do that, Danielle? Or am I right? Are you too scared? I guess we'll see.”

D'Nae shrugs with a smile. She tosses the mic back to the ring tech and “Gimmie More” plays again. D'Nae holds the belt overhead with both hands, drawing cheers as we cut to a commercial.

--

Earlier in The Day
“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page is sitting in a chair in the living room of her high rise apartment in Manhattan. She is on her phone as her bodyguard, Tera Taylor, is looking out of a window onto Central Park.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:No, no, Clyde. I am glad we were able to calm things down between Vanessa and Melinda. They’ll go handle their business tomorrow and that will be that.

Danielle pauses.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Good, good. Now that has been handled we’ve got our business to handle in GCW.

Danielle pauses.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:The last thing GCW will want is you, Vero, and I all carrying around GCW gold but they can’t prevent the inevitable. I know you will handle tonight and nobody will be able to stop us from getting what we want.

Danielle pauses.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Good. I’ll talk with you soon.

Danielle hangs up her phone and sets her phone on her lap.

Tera Taylor:I assume the big man is ready?

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:You know he is. He’ll handle his business tonight and we will be taking more strides to changing the culture in GCW.

Tera smiles and nods her head.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page: As we can tell I am living rent free in our faux “World Champion’s” head. Don’t worry though, D’Nae, in just a couple short weeks I will beat you once again at Declaration of War and the real World Champion, me, will finally take her rightful position atop of GCW.

A devilish smile comes over the face of Danielle.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Speaking of my empire I have recently reached out to somebody on the GCW roster to come join us on the right side of history and join my side in setting GCW right. You and I know it is a natural fit. It just makes sense and I’d love to finish our conversation. Call or text me anytime.

--

Jessica Anderson Vs Ariana Angelos

Before the match can begin, Veronica Taylor storms down to the ring to no doubt bicker with Ariana somemore about the botched favor from last weeks Livewire. As Ariana and the self proclaimed Star of the Show are in a heated exchange, Jessica jumps Ariana from behind, this allows Veronica to slide in the ring. The two women proceed to beatdown Ariana. Referee Denika Hartwell tries to stop the two on one assault. To the surprise of the fans in attendance, Miss America storms down to the ring. In a way it shouldn’t be a surprise. After Veronica, Clydesdale and Danielle had their way with Miss America and her friends two weeks ago on Shotgun, there was no chance Miss America would allow that to sit for long.

Jessica and Veronica get the hell outta dodge. Miss America stares at Veronica. The self proclaimed Star of the Show rolls her eyes. Her and Jessica leave having completed what they set out to do.

--

We cut backstage where we find journalist Janelle St. Claire. She isn’t alone; with her is “The Dragon” Angelica Jones. The fierce redhead is dressed in an elegant black bodycon v-neck long sleeve dress with a pencil hemline perched atop black patent leather open toe high heel pumps.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen my guest at this time is none other than our Fever General Manager, “The Dragon” Angelica Jones. Thank you for your time, Angel.

Angel: Not a problem, Janelle. I always have time for you.

Janelle: Thanks. Now since your return you have beaten Jessica Anderson and Mason Van Stanton in singles competition. But now your biggest and most difficult challenge looms ahead of you at Declaration of War. Jazmyn Rain did show up last week on Livewire as she promised, the contract has been signed, and it is official. You will fight Jazmyn at Declaration of War. What are your thoughts heading into this huge match?

Angel: August 18th, 2018…

Janelle arches her brow.

Janelle: Huh?

Angel: That date was the last time I was in the ring with Jazmyn. She defended the GCW Global Championship against me. She retained because I got frustrated and lost my temper. I hit my best moves…The Hot Shot, Divine Impact, even The Angel’s Arch…none of it could put her down for a three count or make her tap out. And my mind just went crazy, I lost control and decided if I couldn’t beat Jazmyn then I would just injure her so that she could not defend the title and the title would be vacated. Forfeited. So I took a sledgehammer and mercilessly beat her down with it. To add further damage I applied The Angel’s Arch again and I kept it locked in as long as I could before my sister Kayla finally talked me down. My sister knew I had gone too far and she tried to save me from myself but more importantly she tried to save Jazmyn. I would not have stopped had it not been for Kayla.

Jones shakes her head.

Angel: Definitely NOT one of my finer moments. I was a different person back then. I’m not sure Jazmyn realizes how different I am. See, Janelle, a near career ending injury changes a woman and I experienced my own near career ending injury a couple of years later at the hands of my own daughter Marie. Luckily I was able to recover, otherwise I wouldn’t be here today. But it forced me to look deep inside and realize just how far I had gone. I realized how close to the edge I had come and I knew that I had to make some changes. The Dragon is an untamed, unstoppable force. It can put down anyone…including Jazmyn Rain, just as it did in 2018. But what The Dragon lacks is focus. It lacks control. In my time away from the ring I have practiced focus and control. Now I am a better competitor than I ever was. And Jazmyn had better recognize that I am not that same person she fought in 2018. I have improved since then. But has she improved since 2018?

She shrugs her shoulders.

Angel: It seems to me as if she has regressed. I am the ultimate student of this game, Janelle. I always keep up with what is going on, even outside of GCW. Jazmyn has seemingly lost her mind since 2018. She would be beloved one moment, hated the next, loved again, now she’s hated again and has reformed Utopia with some stooges? It seems to me as if the roles are reversed. The reason I could not beat Jazmyn at For Glory & Gold 2018 was because I lacked control and focus but she was focused. I had no control over my mind but she was in control over her emotions. That’s why I couldn’t beat her. Now I am in control of my emotions and I am focused, more focused than ever. And from what I have observed Jazmyn has flown off the damn handle. She wants to blame my family for everything that went bad for her in GCW?

She smirks.

Angel: Try taking that tin foil hat off your head, Jazmyn. My cousin Glory Braddock gave you one of the biggest, best, and sweetest contracts in the company’s history. She gave you opportunities to become one of the greatest Global Champion in that title’s history. And as far as that night goes, my sister knew damn well the risk she was taking by going to that ring when I was in that uncontrollable rage. I could have very well turned and assaulted her. She knew that was a risk but she went down there anyway because she wanted to save you. If you want to blame anyone for your ills and grievances about GCW blame me. I’m the one who ended your first run in GCW. Now you’re back, so instead of bitching about it just take your frustrations out on me at Declaration of War. Give it your best shot, Jazmyn, but you are dealing with The Dragon, a Dragon who is now in control thanks to The Golden Goddess and when you go after The Golden Goddess you had best not miss.

--

We cut backstage in the dark, boiler room area of the arena. There we find “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter propped up against a wall. He is dressed in his all black ring gear and his black trenchcoat. He has the MWE Riot Championship wrapped around his waist. A sinister grin is on his face as he glares into the camera.

Sutter: Three weeks ago the Declaration of War was issued. Two great powers preparing to collide. It rings of the historic wars between Britain and France, America and Japan, or even the Napoleonic Wars of old. And the opening salvo of this great war will be fired tonight in Trenton, New Jersey and you, Mr. Sullivan, are the unlucky individual who was chosen to represent your army here this evening.

The Assassin chuckles softly.

Sutter: You are not easily intimidated and I can respect that, Mr. Sullivan. No doubt you think I am quite arrogant in calling you unlucky. After all, you are JUST facing yours truly. You are JUST facing me…

Suddenly Clyde’s features change. His sly grin turns into a scowl.

Sutter: You ARE facing ME and that is reason enough for you to be afraid! I am quite certain that you understand what I am capable of, Mr. Sullivan. Because you did need multiple individuals to put me down backstage. Did you think I had forgotten? I haven’t. Time has a funny sense of humor if you ever got to know her, Mr. Sullivan. You and I are fighting tonight in not just a standard wrestling match. This is a street fight and under those conditions, without any restraints, without any rules holding me back, I could put an end to you just like that!

He snaps his fingers. Sutter’s scowl fades and he chuckles again.

Sutter: Lucky for you tonight is not the predestined time for your end. Time has not dictated that you will meet your end here this evening by my hands. Do not mistake what I just said, Mr. Sullivan. I will indeed defeat you tonight, I will indeed hurt you tonight, and I will indeed get my revenge here tonight. But yes, you will also survive tonight. You will be able to walk out of here tonight only because time has dictated that you shall be among the casualties of war inside the hell that is war games. But this fight between us does serve a greater purpose, Mr. Sullivan. Not only will I get my revenge but I will also send your battered, beaten, bloody carcass back to your teammates as a warning…it will be a prophecy of what is to come at Declaration of War. That prophecy is simply this…

He shuts his eyes.

Sutter: Tick, Tock, goes the clock, and now what shall we play? Tick, Tock, goes the clock, and summers gone away. Tick, Tock, goes the clock, and all the years they fly, Tick, Tock, goes the clock, you…must…die.

--

Main Event
Street Fight:
Clyde Sutter vs Jaxson Sullivan

This was never going to be a catch as catch can classic...

Some high impact moments included Jaxson spin bustering Clyde on the steel stairs.

Not to be outdone, Clyde slammed Jaxson with the Cruciform Slam on steel steps.

Jaxson did manage to drop Clyde’s head on the ring apron with the trademark piledriver to Mason family has been using to great effect.

Jaxson did set up a wooden table on the outside at some juncture. Clyde prevented him from using it.

Both men took turns suplexing each other. Inside the ring. On the outside. The fans expected a hoss fight. They weren’t let down.

Clyde did spear Jaxson through the barricade.

He also managed to connect with Judge, Jury & Execution on the outside, opting to power bomb Jaxson on the protective mat while delievering the F5 through the announce table, due to the exhaustion and the battle damage done during the bout, getting him back in the ring to capitalize on what he did wasn’t moot.

Clyde and Jaxson were throwing punches. Neither man budge an inch. Despite the damage they both inflicted on each other, both men refused to show the actual battle damage they had inflicted on each other. The slugfest ended when Jaxson decided to go low, doubling over Clyde Sutter. He placed Clyde between his legs, hoisted him up. Instead of driving Clyde into the mat, Jaxson turned around, remembering there was a table on the outside. He proceeded to powerbomb Clyde through the table. The crowd winched. Jaxson beat his chest like an untamed gorilla. He rolled out the ring, slid Clyde back in. Hooking the leg, the three count became all but academic.

Winner: Jaxson Sullivan.

Tiffany, Victor and Kelsai walk down to the ring to celebrate with their monster. This didn’t last long. Skye Life and Sophie made their way down the ramp anticipating that the foursome would try something. Instead, Team Mason exited the ring, walking up the ramp. At the top of the ramp Victor patted his bodyguard on the back while Chastity, Sophie and Destiny check on Clyde as the show closes on what could very well be the final salvo for War Games, the Mason contingent standing tall...