Shotgun 11.15

randy

Shotgun 11.15

Post by randy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:12 am

It was without a doubt an absolutely massive night in GCW, with two gigantic title matches showcasing the Heritage and Tag Team divisions. Whilst the Heritage title was main eventing the show, with Izzi Grimes trying to take the gold away from SIN, the biggest match on the card was arguably (and physically) the opening contest. Fabulous were attempting to make another successful defense to cement themselves as the best tag team in recent GCW history, whilst the trouble-making K2O were trying to snatch the gold away from them. But it was the third team that the camera was focused on now, arguably the most popular tandem, who were hoping that the third time would be a charm. And that pair was SkyBird, Skylar Rayner and Anastasia Starling.

Anastasia Starling: …we’ve got to make this one count, Sky. I’m sick to death of all this bullshit here in GCW. After what happened with the last two title shots, we really need to make sure we come out of here with the gold.

Their demeanor was a clear indicator that something had changed. The smiles and jokes that usually could be seen before the duo’s matches were not there. On their faces, a look of determination instead.

Skylar Rayner: You’re right. This has been going for too long, even from before I joined. First it was the Alan Family, now Karen and Olly.. I’m sick and tired of people screwing us over, and I’m pretty sure the GCW fans out there are tired as well.

Anastasia Starling: Twice we’ve been screwed over, twice we have been cheated out of the chance we deserved. Twice we had it in our hands only for it to be snatched away.

Ana ran her fingers through her thick curls, wearing an almost matching red and white outfit, very much like Skylar’s but based around the Polish flag, rather than the Danish.

Anastasia Starling: With Karen and Olly screwing us out of our chance, then trying to leapfrog us… Plus Summer’s ignorance for how they won the titles in the first place… It’s just left me… left me…

Ana took a deep breath, Skylar softly rubbing the back of her tag team partner and long time friend.

Anastasia Starling: It’s gotta be tonight. We’ve got to set things right tonight. This could be our last chance, and we can’t let them mess with us for the third time.

Sky nodded her head, agreeing with her partner.

Skylar Rayner: I know, I know… They say the third time’s a charm, right?

Finally that warm smile reappeared on the Dane’s face as she reached inside her nearby purse.

Skylar Rayner: And speaking of charms…

From there, she pulled out a sky blue wristband, with a songbird embroidered.

Skylar Rayner: I found this in a flea market this morning and I couldn’t resist. I just had to buy it.

Those heterochromia afflicted eyes of Anastasia’s lit up like Christmas Day, her fingers delicately gracing the embroidery as she gazed upon it in wonder.

Anastasia Starling: It… It’s so pretty.

She murmured, looking down at it before her eyes cast up to her tag team partner once more.

Anastasia Starling: That is an absolute gem.

Skylar Rayner: Yeah, I thought it was perfect, fits your style, really.

She spoke as she wrapped it around her partner’s left wrist.

Skylar Rayner: But that’s not the only gift I have for you tonight. The other one, that’s the GCW tag team titles. The one you have been wanting since Civil War. You chose me as your partner, you brought me here and gave me the chance to perform in front of these incredible fans. It’s about time we finally make this dream come true.

Ana beamed at this, hopping up and giving her partner a kiss on the cheek. She blushed beet red after she did so, looking nervous for a second, but then the picture of calmness.

Anastasia Starling: This just feels right… And we’re not letting this nightmare continue. This is about making our dreams come true here, and holding gold with you here… After everything we have been through together… That really would be a dream come true.

Ana took Sky by the hand, and the pair began to pace away and out of view. The camera lingered on the area though, and within a moment the sight of Alexa the Raven could be seen. The mischievous bird had been a thorn in the side of Karen Eldon recently, taking a measure of revenge against her and Olly after the way they screwed SkyBird out of the Tag Team titles and sabotaged one of their recent interviews. With the championship match nearing, Sky and Ana were clearly as determined as ever, not cutting a promo, not lashing out insults but showing a togetherness and unity before the storm came. Alexa then flew off, and it was unclear whether Ana’s pet would be the X factor in tonight's contest, a contest that could very well be their last chance at the gold.

--

Robert Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Summer Collins and “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz, the Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions, FABULOUS!!!

"La-a-a-a-a-di-da"

("Rich" by Maren Morris begins to play over the pa system. Summer Collins and Jessica Lasiewicz emerge at the top of the entrance ramp. They are decked out in matching tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading outfits. This draws some cheers from the audience. Jessica has the GCW World Tag Team Championship belt resting over her right shoulder and the GCW Global Tag Team Championship belt resting over her left shoulder. Summer has both of her undisputed GCW tag team belts wrapped around her waist. In unison, both ladies perform a sultry spin before posing at the top of the ramp as gold glitter starts to rain down. Summer and Jessica, with arrogant grins, begin to make their way down to the ring. Jessica slides in underneath the bottom rope. Summer steps up onto the steel steps and onto the ring apron. Jessica motions to Summer's ass and teases the crowd, asking if they want to see more. A loud roar and then Summer smirks as she very slowly enters the ring, making sure to give the crowd a good show. The women step into the center of the ring and pose one more time as the music dies down.)

Summer: Day one…

(Collins holds up one finger.)

Summer: Since day ONE we have propped this tag team division up on our back! Hell, not only did Fabulous prop up this tag team division since day one, but we have BUILT this tag team division! Jessie and I have been here since the beginning. We have watched many come around OUR division. All have left their own unique stamp upon the division but you know the difference between them and us? They are all gone and Fabulous are still here and we are still continuing to make an impact, we are still making history, and we are STILL the Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions! Since day one we have been at the top of this tag team division and when you are at the top you are bound to make enemies and everyone wants a piece of your spotlight.

(Collins smirks.)

Summer: Karen and Olly, I can’t blame the two of you for doing whatever it took to convince the powers that be to finally give in and give you an opportunity at us. Hell, I would have used the same kinds of dirty tactics as you. But lets look at what you DID to get to this point, shall we? You pissed off Ana and Skylar by costing them the tag titles, you go on to take credit for us becoming champions in the first place which pisses us off, that makes four of us in this match who are pissed off and want to hurt the pair of you. Not very smart. And that didn’t even get you the title shot you craved. So you concocted a deal with The McBride Corporation to try and scheme your way into the tag title picture. You won an eight person tag…neither of you scored the deciding fall, did you? That was the McBride girls. They did the heavy lifting for you and boy did you ever benefit, because finally management decided to gift you a title match. But now you are in debt to The McBride Corporation and all for nothing because you will not leave tonight with these tag team championships.

Jessica: What annoys me the most is how Karen and Olly want to twist this narrative and paint Summer and me into being some cowards, ducking them. Let’s get something straight you pair of pissants. We do not duck anyone. Fabulous is the best tag team in the world today. We have beaten the best tag teams in GCW and, like Summer said, we have done it from day one. Why would we need to duck you? And you still have yet to beat us on our turf here in GCW. Sure, you own a win over us based on a technicality but that was the McBrides who scored the victory, you were just lucky enough to be on their team. Thus far that’s all you have had since your run in GCW began. You have had luck on your side. Luck got you a shot at the GCW World Tag Team Championship. But now that you are here and the spotlight is shining down on you, your luck has run out. As for Ana and Skylar…

(She shakes her head.)

Jessica: This never should have come to this. This always should have been one on one. Yet here we are, all because K2O refused to back off, because The Alan Family had to play their games, and ultimately because management would not make the match that everyone wants to see. As I have said time and time again, I respect the hell out of you and I wish you the best of luck. But at the end of the night only ONE team can carry the banner as the best tag team in GCW and Fabulous had been doing that since the inception of this company. We will continue to carry the banner long after this night has ended because we will be victorious tonight. We will walk away STILL the GCW World Tag Team Champions.

Summer: SkyBird…K2O…this game is over. The talking has ended. All that remains is for you to step out here to this ring so we can finish this once and for all. Tonight is the night that Jess and I remind everyone why Fabulous is the dominant tag team in Global Championship Wrestling and that…

(She smirks.)

Summer: …that, is absolutely FABULOUS!

--

Unified Tag Team Championship Match
Elimination Rules.
Skybird Vs K20 Vs Fabulous (c)

Triple threat rules. Three people in the ring at the same time.

Olly, Summer and Ana started off the match.

Due to all the shenanigans K20 has caused, naturally, Summer and Ana wanted a piece of Olly.

Olly, knowing this, decides to exit the ring not wanting to give the women what they wanted.

Anna and Summer decided to go after Karen instead. Before Karen could hop off the apron, she was grabbed by Summer and Ana. Jessica and Skylar didn’t care about the rules and joined in on giving Karen a much overdue beating. Olly did slid back into the ring in an attempt to save his partner. Try as he may. Summer dropped him with the Money Clip. Ana connected with Sturnidae. For good measure Jessica gave Karen, Our Lady of Sorrows. They stacked Karen onto Olly. Ana made the cover. And just like that K20 was eliminated.

Eliminated: K20

The elimination rules didn’t work in their favor. There was bound to be complaining about it later, for now, an interesting development.

Jessica Lasiewicz was in a position where she had to compete against her family, Ana Starling, a woman who has been screwed countless times in pursuit of the tag team championships.

Time to see if the third time would be a charm for Skybird.

Both teams proved to be very evenly matched. There was no hesitation from either team, they knew what was at stake. Strove to give the fans what they have been waiting months to see.

At a very tense moment of the match, it did come down to Jessica and Ana. Intense back and forth. Jessica managed to connect with The Hot Shot. Trying to get the three count that way was not to be. Jessica turned to Summer. Both nodded. Knew what needed to be done.

Fabulous had Ana in prime position. They went for the killshot, dropping Ana with one of their most lethal moves... IN YOUR DREAMS. Was this where the dream was going to die as Jessica made the cover?

One...

Two...

Skylar found a way to come in to make the save.

Crisis averted.

Skylar dragged Ana to the corner so she could tag herself in.

She was a literal ball of fire. Based on adrenaline alone she was able to fend off Fabulous, knowing this good fortune wasn’t going to last long, she opted to strike. Dropping Jessica right on her head with Sky’s The Limit (Double Jump Springboard Tornado DDT)

One

Two..

And unfortunately for Ana, Summer had enough left in the tank to break up the pin.

Eventually, Summer and Ana were the legal competitors. Skylar and Jessica battled on the outside, leaving the contest to a one on one soiree.

Summer had Ana measured up. She kicks her in the gut. The attempted Money Clip was foiled by Ana pushing Summer off her. A kick savat kick dazed Summer. Ana quickly transition into a Stunner of her own, except she performed a handspring against the ropes, with her backward momentum, completed the Pale Winged Passerine. Wasting no time she went to the top rope. She connected with Songbirds Flight (Phoenix Splash).

One.

Jesscia tried to get back into the ring to break things up...

Two.

but Skylar managed to join the attempt at breaking the pin.

THREE.

Winners: (AND NEW) GCW Undisputed Tag Team Champions; Skybird.

They did it?! Yes. They did it. The third time was the charm. With no K20 to make a mess of things, Ana and Skylar finally became the tag team champions. Before the referee could hand Skybird what they earned, Jessica stopped the referee. Grabbed the championships. Without a moments hesitation she wanted one of the titles to Skylar. And the last one to Ana. The family members shared a warming embrace in front of the capacity crowd. Summer nodded at the champs. Fabolous left the ring to leave Skylar and Ana alone to celebrate with the fans. What a way to start the show.
--

Backstage…

Miss America is livid, storming through the area in search of someone.

Miss America: “Where the hell are you hiding, Taylor?”

Miss America moves past workers, brandishing her red, white, and blue briefcase, on the lookout for Veronica Taylor with a sour expression on her face.

Miss America: “Come out, come out, wherever you are…”

As she rounds the corner, she encounters Tabitha Silverstone and GCW security.

Silverstone: “You need to settle down…”

Miss America: “No… what I NEED is to get some justice after Veronica Taylor blindsided me last week. I’m sick and damned tired of those self-righteous bitches getting the drop behind the back… ‘cause that’s all they’re gonna get… and then gloating about it on social media. It’s time someone shut their mouths for good, and I’m just wound up enough to do it.”

Silverstone: “Look, Charity… I get it. You’re a proud woman, and you’ll get your chance, but not tonight.”

Miss America looks cross at Tabitha.

Miss America: “That why these two are here?”

Silverstone: “Yes.”

She sighs.

Silverstone: “Be better than they are…”

Miss America: “I AM better than they are!”

Silverstone: “And you’ll get to prove it in the ring, I promise. Just take a walk tonight… we’ll figure out what to do next another day.”

Miss America sneers.

Miss America: “Fine… but I’m not going to sit idly by while this… Basic Empire… tries to call the shots. They want to start something, I’m going to finish it!”

She looks at the security guards, shaking her head as she pushes by, intentionally knocking their shoulders as she goes. The scene shifts.

--

Nadia Allen w/ Envy Ellis Vs Patience Winters w/ Faith Jensen.

Patience had no intention of rushing into battle. She tried to stall from fighting Nadia as much as humanly possible. Rolling outside the ring. Using the referee as a shield. This waiting game felt like it lasted forever. Nadia’s patience paid off, when she finally got her hands on Patience, she went to town. Mostly keeping her on the ground. Ground and pound esque offense. Faith tried sliding into the ring to provide a distraction. Envy wasn’t having it. Dragging Faith out the ring the two began to brawl. The distraction did serve its purpose, Patience connected with a thumb to the eye followed by a quick snapping DDT. Miliana give Faith a hand holding off Envy. And just like that, The Bling Empire gained control.

Patience was able to take advantage. Controlling the flow of the match. Not allowing Nadia any space to get back into the contest. Nadia eventually did find a way. And when she did, hell hath no fury. Nadia had every intention to hurt Patience. The crossface chicken wing was applied, seemed to be downhill for Patience, as you would expect. Milana hopped on the ring apron, Envy did wind up dealing with her. Unfortunately, this gave Faith a free path to break up the submission. Causing the DQ as both women ganged up on Nadia.

Winner: Nadia Allen (DQ)

This wasn’t looking great at all. Envy did separate from Miliana to get into the ring to go at Faith and Patience. Two on one is two on one... which became three on one. Familiar around and dance yet again until the lights went out.

When the lights came back, the person who stood in the ring was... Jaxson Sullivan? Why him?

All three women tried to launch an offensive attack. They didn’t make much dent in a match who stands at six foot eight. He allowed them to waste their energy. This gave Nadia and Envy enough time to recover. Jaxson held Miliana as Envy and Nadia took turns beating some sense into Patience and Faith.

Nadia dropped Faith with Death By Poison.

Envy dropped Patience with DC 2 (Powerbomb lift into a double-knee drop)

Jaxson released Milana... who thought better about her life choices and scurried out the ring.

It was time for the Bling Empire to retreat. Envy and Nadia looked at Jaxson wondering why he came out to help them. He simply walked away, leaving them to wonder why a person who was an associate with The Mason’s played the role of savior.

--

“If It Ain’t Broke (Break It)” by Meat Loaf begins to play as the crowd rise to their feet in a mixed reaction, mostly boos peppered with a few cheers.

Robert E Lee: “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the GCW Heritage Champion… Svetlana Iryna Nabokov… SIN!”

SIN steps out from the curtain clad in her ring gear, the Heritage Championship belt wrapped around her waist, resting upon her hips. She smirks as she surveys the crowd, raising her arms as she lifts her head. She begins her stride towards the ring, dismissing the harassment from the crowd as she goes. Once she gets to the ring, she instructs Lee to move towards her, opening the ropes for her to step through. Stepping into the ring, she unclasps the belt, lifting it up for the crowd to see, prompting a bevy of flashes from cameras in the crowd. Finally, she moves over and takes a microphone, holding the Championship on her shoulder.

SIN: “Thank you…”

The crowd responds with again mostly boos.

SIN: “Tonight is a night that I have been waiting for for a long time. From the very beginning of our journey together, I have been testing Izzi Grimes. I tested her because I saw something in her, possibly something she didn’t see in herself. Now, I see that it is not that she didn’t see it in her, but that she didn’t WANT to see it.”

A sly grin forms on SIN’s face.

SIN: “Oh, make no mistake about it. While Izzi wants to tell you that she will do things the right way, she is not against taking advantage of an opening when it is presented… provided that advantage isn’t presented to her. You saw it when she won the right to challenge for my Championship. But regardless, the time has come, and tonight there is no charity. There is no gifted opportunity. Tonight, if Izzi wants this Championship, she’s going to have to go through me - a task that is easier said than done.”

SIN takes a step toward the camera, looking directly into it.

SIN: “Izzi… I want you to pay attention to what I’m about to say. I know you’re anxious and eager. I know you think you’re ready for what tonight means, but I promise you that you are not. To defeat me, you are going to have to go beyond what you thought you were capable of, and I don’t think you’re comfortable with what that means. I think you’re scared, and I will exploit every single opening you give me in defense of this.”

She lifts the Championship up.

SIN: “Tonight you learn your final lesson: Heart alone cannot win.”

She throws the microphone to the mat as her music plays again. She poses in the middle of the ring with her Championship as the scene shifts.

--

Alexander Jones Vs Alexander Clydesdale

This was a hard hitting match between Clydesdale and Jones.

Jones wasn’t used to facing competitors bigger than him. Clydesdale’s size advantage meant he couldn’t easily overwhelm him like he could other competition.

Clydesdale did control the pace of the match. Jones wasn’t to be outdone. His efforts throughout the match to work Clydesdale’s legs eventually paid off. Even connected with a spear at one point to earn the two count on Clydesdale. Clydesdale did attempt one last gasp to finish things, he had Jones set up for what looked like a powerbomb symphony. But Brodie hopped on the apron, drawing the attention of Clydesdale long enough for Jones to connect with one last chop block to the back of Clydesdale’s leg. Jones locked in the guillotine choke. Clydesdale couldn’t fight him off. Instead of tapping, Clydesdale was choked out.

Winner: Alexander Jones.

After the match, Brodie slid into the ring with a steel chair. Evil intentions more than likely. But “Unforgiven” by Metallica played. Clyde Sutter, a known associate of Danielle Page, Veronica Taylor among others, walked down to the ring with purpose. Brodie dropped the chair. He welcomed Clyde into the ring, the last time they crossed paths, Clyde put him down. Alexander tapped his friend on the shoulder, letting him know not today. Brodie and Alexander left the ring. Clyde went to check on Clydesdale.

--

We cut backstage where we find Sophie O’Brian. She is dressed in a royal blue bodycon dress and high heel sandals. A stoic gaze is etched across her face as she stares deep into the camera.

Sophie: Hagia Sophia. It means Holy Wisdom. Needless to say many here within Global Championship Wrestling lack any sort of wisdom, let alone Holy Wisdom. Perhaps one or two would come along who might have a sliver of wisdom. But now things have changed. To be more precise, I have changed. I no longer operate on the plane of mere wisdom. I am head and shoulders above the rest. I operate on the principle of Hagia Sophia.

She shakes her head.

Sophie: For the longest of time I believed wisdom was something to be sought after. I sought wisdom from the man who trained me, Glenn Braddock. I sought wisdom from my mentor, Quinn Murray. But I realize now that I had taken the wrong approach. Wisdom isn’t merely something to be sought after. Wisdom itself is power and you can use that wisdom to bend lesser beings to your will. You can utilize that wisdom to get whatever you want out of life.

O’Brian holds up two fingers.

Sophie: In two weeks time I will be challenging Mara Kade for the GCW X Division Championship. And Mara wants to know why I am wasting her time if the title means nothing to me? To be fair I did not actively seek this championship match. Tabitha Silverstone bestowed it upon me. It is doubtful that I earned it by defeating Arcadia Chavez. Ms. Chavez isn’t exactly a stellar athlete these days. But I do view her as more of a challenge than Mara Kade. Our X Division Champion has already proven her worth to the company. She has held tag team titles and now the X Division Title. But Ms. Chavez? Can I mold her into something better? Now that is a challenge. But beating her on Fever certainly didn’t earn me a title match. Perhaps it was my participation in War Games that earned me this opportunity?

She shrugs her shoulders.

Sophie: That would certainly make sense. War, after all, is MY specialty. Victory was never in doubt. With me, victory is NEVER in doubt. But victory comes in different forms, therein lies the wisdom most do not see. Getting a simple three count or forcing a submission isn’t the only way to achieve victory. The narrow minded believe that earning such a victory and winning a materialistic trinket is what equals success in this business. I see beyond that. I see the greater ends. But by all means, Mara, if you think that I am wasting your time by seeking out my greater goals then fear not, I believe I can set aside my agenda in order to appease you by taking away your X Division Championship in two weeks time on Livewire. I would not want to waste your time.

She chuckles softly.

Sophie: Wisdom, like time, is patient. So am I. I can wait.

--

Main Event
Heritage Championship
Izzi Grimes Vs SIN (c)

It didn’t take long for SIN to show that she doesn’t care about the rules. She immediately struck Izzi Grimes with a closed fist shot to the face, knocking her down on the mat. The referee admonished sin, letting her know the next time she used closed fist that would warrant a disqualification. Izzi shot straight up, went after SIN who high tailed it from the ring. She made good use of the 20 count, another pure rules staple. When they met in the center of the ring SIN stood there, urging Izzi to strike her. Izzi balled up her fist, looking like she was willing to incur the referee’s warning. SIN didn't flinch, waiting on bated breath for Izzi’s next move. Izzi brought her closed fist mere inches from SIN’s face. At the very last second stop, opened her hand and slapped SIN across the face. She tackled SIN to the ground unleashing a barrage of open hand slaps. SIN managed to get away from Izzi. She didn’t have much luck creating much separation.

After tense moments in the first five minutes of the match things slowed down. Izzi was able to score a few close pinfalls. Including a small package.

SIN however was resilient. She avoided an attempted Sac Town Explosion (Claymore) attempt by rolling outside the ring at the last moment. Izzi gave chase. SIN managed to use Izzi’s over eagerness against her, drop toe holding her into the guard rail. SIN slammed Izzi. Ran her into the steel steps. Rolling into the ring she didn’t mind taking the count out win. The 20 count did manage to give Izzi enough time to get back in the ring.

Things continued on. SIN methodically worked over Izzi. No more games. Straight wrestling.

Izzi made a fiery comeback. The crowd grew more and more hopeful that Izzi would finally avenge what happened during the Heritage Battle Royal. As she was about to make another attempt at the Sac Town Explosion, SIN pulled the referee in front of her. Izzi stopped at the last possible second, avoiding getting herself into the launch position. SIN connected with a poke to the eye that the referee didn’t see due to them being more concerned about getting blasted by Izzi’s explosion.

SIN rolled up Izzi. Grabbed the tights for good measure. One-two-three, the Heritage division would continue to live on in sin...

Winner: (AND STILL) Heritage Champion, SIN.

SIN rolled out the ring. She rushed over to grab her Heritage Championship, not ashamed to flaunt the fact that she retained yet again. Izzi was visibly annoyed. Her path to the Heritage Championship was delayed. The show closes with SIN holding the championship in the air as the show closes on that note.