Ultimate Sacrifice Reaction (Julia & Destiny CD)

admin
Site Admin

Ultimate Sacrifice Reaction (Julia & Destiny CD)

Post by admin » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:19 pm

==========
February 21st, 2023
Off Camera
==========

Always prepare for the unexpected. It is one of the many lessons Glenn Braddock taught his students at the Braddock Wrestling School in London, England. You may have your plans for what you want to accomplish in the business and you may know exactly how you want to accomplish that goal. For Julia Braddock, she has had two goals she wants to accomplish this Resurrection season.

Most importantly to her, and more selfishly, she wants to main event Resurrection and become a four time GCW World Champion. She knew exactly how she would get there; she would win the Civil War Match for a record setting third straight time, go on to Resurrection in the main event, and dethrone D’Nae Moore. That was her plan for becoming World Champion. The other goal was similar; she wants to win the GCW World Tag Team Championship alongside her best friend Destiny Skye. The plan there was also straightforward; win as many significant tag team matches as possible, forcing General Manager Tabitha Silverstone to sit up and take notice of them. Force her to grant them a tag team championship opportunity.

The plan for the tag team championships has seemed to go exactly as she had envisioned it. Her and Destiny have beaten former tag team championship duos like The Soviet Gingers, The McBride Corporation, Twin Magic, and Fabulous. They defeated the former number one contenders to the tag titles, Kowloon. It is difficult to find anyone more worthy of a tag team title opportunity than Skye Life. Their impressive run in the tag team division has indeed put the team of Skye Life on the map. It did force Silverstone to take notice of them. But the impact they made, the reaction they got, was not expected.

Braddock and Skye will get their tag team championship opportunity. Both of them also get a world title opportunity. In an unusual match called the Ultimate Sacrifice, Julia and Destiny will take on both the tag champions SkyBird and MooreAmerica, composed of World Champion D’Nae Moore and Miss America. Both of Julia’s goals are right there for the taking in one match. If she and Destiny pin either Anastasia or Skylar Rayner, then Skye Life become the new World Tag Team Champions. If Julia Braddock pins D’Nae or Miss America, she becomes a four time GCW World Champion. Unfortunately there is a twist. If SkyeBird and MooreAmerica must put something at risk, then so do Julia and Destiny. If either Julia or Destiny get pinned, then both are disqualified from participating in the Civil War Match.

She wants so badly to make history. She wants to become the first person to win the Civil War Match three straight times. But now that is at risk. Yet, if she were to win the World Championship then the Civil War isn’t really necessary, is it? Knowing that her Civil War participation is at risk hangs heavy over her head. The Kensington Knockout is backstage still, alone, and thinking about the breaking news of the Civil War Ultimate Sacrifice Match. She paces back and forth in the dressing room. Braddock is wearing a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length.

“Yo, Jules?”

Braddock is startled by the sound of a voice, even if it is a familiar one. She stops pacing and turns to see her friend and tag team partner, Destiny Skye, approaching her. Destiny is dressed much more casually in denim jeans, black boots, a white crop top, and a black leather jacket.

“Oh. Hi, Des.”

“I’ve been looking for you all evening. Where have you been?” Destiny asks. Julia sighs and shrugs her shoulders.

“I just needed some time to comprehend everything. That was a lot to take in, y’know?”

“I get it, Jules. You’ve been blindsided on either side, once by Silverstone’s announcement and then by Sophie and her delusional rant.”

“But what if she isn’t delusional?”

“Oh c’mon, Jules.” Destiny rolls her eyes. “You are strong. You are tough. And yeah, you are better than you have ever been and damn sure better than her. You don’t need to take her advice. I mean, look at us! We’re going to Civil War and one of us could become World Champion.”

“Yeah and then what?” Julia asks. “We can’t both be world champion.”

“Right. So whoever doesn’t become world champion, they enter the Civil War Match, win it all, and then we can have an all Skye Life Resurrection Main Event.” Destiny smirks. “Imagine that!”

“Forming Skye Life was never about ego or arrogance. It was never about the two of us fighting over the world title at Resurrection simply because we could. It would be great, sure, but that’s not what it was about for me. I wanted to team with you because you are my friend. We have been friends since our days training under my father’s tutelage in the Braddock Wrestling School. Becoming tag team champions was what we had promised one another we would do one day. Now we can make that a reality.” Julia smiles. “That’s what I want for Skye Life.”

“And we can make that a reality. If we pin or submit either Starling or Rayner at Civil War, we become champs.” Destiny insists. “We earned this, the world title opportunity and tag title opportunity, Ultimate Sacrifice, we EARNED IT on our own. We earned it through our hard work and dedication. Sophie tried to spin a web of lies about how you were out of the championship discussion but now we BOTH are in two major championship discussions. You proved Sophie wrong.”

“Yes, we did earn the opportunity. But earning the opportunity and actually WINNING the championship…or championships…that’s two different things entirely.” Julia shakes her head. “Ultimate Sacrifice isn’t JUST an opportunity, Des. It is a risk, a big risk. We have to win. Whether we beat SkyBird or whether we beat MooreAmerica, we HAVE to win, otherwise we risk losing out on our Civil War Match opportunity.”

“Only if we get pinned.” Destiny points out. “Besides, we WILL win! Right?” She watches as Julia just shrugs her shoulders in silence. Destiny is stunned. “Seriously? What happened to your confidence, Jules? Tell me you’re not buying into what Sophie is trying to sell you!”

“I have won the last two Civil War Matches. To do that, I had to dig down deep into my darker, more violent tendencies. I had to get into the Chastity mindset. I am a three time former World Champion. Each of those title wins, I had to go into the Chastity mindset. Up until now I was willing to hold back, to resist going back to that dark place because of how damn good it feels to be violent and aggressive. I don’t like what I am capable of when I go to that dark place but damn it, Des, I am at my best when I am aggressive, when I am violent, when I am Chastity. Yet I was willing to hold back and resist doing that again this year because I wanted to prove to myself that I am good enough that I can win it without going there to that place.”

“Now you want to go to that dark place?” Destiny asks. Julia nods her head.

“I didn’t mind resisting the temptation because I knew that if I failed to win Civil War for a third straight year, at least I had Skye Life as a fall back. I knew that you and I had racked up enough big time wins to earn ourselves a tag team title opportunity. Ultimate Sacrifice takes that safety net away. You and I stand to lose everything we have worked for in the tag team division, I stand to lose my opportunity to compete in Civil War, and I stand to lose my shot at the World Title, all in one match if we cannot at the very least avoid losing if not win it outright.” Julia sighs deeply. “I haven’t felt this much pressure since…” her voice trails off. Destiny knows where she is going with this and wraps an arm around her shoulder to comfort her.

“Say no more.” Destiny says. “Look, we can talk about this later but trust me, you are good enough. Together WE are good enough to win this thing. And if you want to go to that dark place, if you want to get into the mindset of that more violent and aggressive side you call Chastity, then I support you.”

“It isn’t that simple.” Julia shakes her head. “I am afraid of what I am capable of when I go to that place.”

“I understand.” Destiny nods her head. “Just don’t worry yourself right now. There’s plenty of time before Civil War. We have plenty of time to strategize and work out what we will do. But believe me, Jules, we can win this. Hell, we WILL win this.”

“You think so?”

“I know so!” Destiny pats her on the back. “Now c’mon, let’s go back to the hotel.”

“Sure. You go on ahead though, I need to grab my bag.” Julia embraces Destiny in a tight hug. “Thanks for supporting me, Des.”

“What are friends for?” Destiny asks before turning and walking away. Once she is gone Julia walks in the other direction, apparently in search of the aforementioned bag. She stops and bends down to pick it up. But this black back has something sitting atop of it. It is one of her long, fancy robes that she wears to the ring…or at least she used to wear to the ring. She wore these robes only when she wrestled as Chastity. Braddock immediately growls with anger. Sophie brought this. Sophie is again playing mind games with her.

“Sophie…” her voice trails off “...do not fuck with me! If you can hear this, if you are around the corner listening in, know that you are provoking something that you do not want to mess with!” Julia takes the robe and her bag and walks off.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”