admin
Site Admin

Dungeons & Dreams 3

Post by admin » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 pm

==========
The Subconscious Mind
Off Camera, Obviously
==========

Julia Braddock had walked into Civil War with one goal; she had wanted to either regain the GCW World Championship or become World Tag Team Champions with her best friend Destiny Skye. Later on in the night, she had hoped to win the Civil War Match itself for a record setting third straight year. In an ideal world that is precisely what The Kensington Knockout would have accomplished that evening. Instead, thanks to a fireball to the face from the deranged Sophie O’Brian, Braddock ended up getting pinned in the Ultimate Sacrifice Match. Due to being pinned, both Braddock and Skye lost their spots in the Civil War Match itself. Resurrection season is here but Julia Braddock had failed. This is unusual for her. Typically she is on top of her game this time of year but now? Now something is amiss and that something is none other than the seeds of doubt planted by Sophie O’Brian. For weeks now Sophie has been provoking Julia, trying to convince her to let go and embrace her inner demons; specifically the violent, more aggressive side that she calls Chastity. Sophie’s strategy is plain as day; she hopes that by costing Julia Braddock the championships and a potential Civil War win that she will snap and lose all control. What Sophie doesn’t realize is that the opposite has happened. Everything has become completely clear now to The Kensington Knockout. Instead of losing control, Julia Braddock feels now as if she is more in control than ever before. She knows what must happen now. She knows what she must do if she is to step up her game in time for Resurrection season. For there is still hope to punch her ticket to Resurrection. Braddock and Destiny get another opportunity at the GCW World Tag Team Championship. Once again it won’t be easy. SkyBird defends the gold against three other teams; Skye Life, Transcendence, and Envy Ellis and Nadia Allen. Whoever walks away the tag team champions will more likely than not defend the titles against Bratz Life at Resurrection, by virtue of Madison Lewis’s third place finish in the Civil War Match. Braddock and Destiny can ensure their spot in that marquee match. She must first do one more thing, she must settle one last affair.

Braddock has returned to the all too familiar dungeon; it appears as if it were a dark, old, castle, a castle right out of medieval times. There is a long winding staircase that seems to be leading down, spiraling downwards into the dungeon area. But this is no dungeon, this but the representation of Julia Braddock’s subconscious mind. Julia is currently descending this staircase, wearing an autumn winter two piece beaded wool long sleeve tweed jacket and knee length skirt, carolina blue, with a white blouse. She is perched atop silver high heeled pumps. This dark, dank dungeon has become all too familiar to Braddock as she makes her way through the winding halls. This is her third visit to this place and after each visit she has felt as if that aggressive, violent persona known as Chastity has grown stronger and stronger. In fact, after the last visit, Chastity warned Julia that one more return to this place would make Chastity strong enough to take over. Julia would be no more. Yet something is different now. The creepy feeling, the frightened feeling, it is no longer there. The warning Chastity had issued, it doesn’t seem to garner the sort of fear that Julia once had. As a matter of fact, The Kensington Knockout marches right up to the cell that contains Chastity. Immediately she opens it and isn’t surprised to find the arrogant persona sitting there on her throne with a smirk on her face.

“It’s about time you showed up. It does get terribly lonely being the only person…or persona, as it were…in this dump.”

“It’s your own fault.” Julia points out. “You got rid of both of your companions.”

“It was for our own good.” Chastity rises up off of the throne and slowly approaches the cell door. She expects Julia to slam it shut in her face but she smirks as she finds, to her surprise, that Julia keeps it open. “So you’re letting me out?”

“You could say that.”

“I knew this would happen.” Chastity sighs. “I just wish this had happened earlier, like before Civil War. Had you done this before Civil War then we would have won. We would be world champion and then our way to Resurrection. Lucky for us there is still hope to get to Resurrection. We just need to win those tag team championships and I assume that’s why you’re here.”

“Winning the tag titles would be nice, it is a dream that Destiny and I have had for a really long time. Of course you knew that already. Hell, being tag team champions with Destiny was really the only reason I got into this business. Destiny and I were the closest of friends and wanted to do everything together, including this business. So yes, it is a dream of mine to win the tag team championship with Destiny and knowing that I could achieve that goal on Livewire is driving me.” Julia sighs and shakes her head. “But that’s not the only reason I’m here.”

“I’m intrigued.” Chastity arches a brow.

“Sophie has been a constant thorn in my side lately. She thinks she can read everyone like a book, she thinks she can be the puppet master pulling all the strings and making everyone do what she wants. And I will admit, I let her manipulations and mind games get the best of me. Sophie is the reason I am not world champion today and that’s entirely on me. But the more I listened to the eccentric bitch rant and rave about how I need to embrace my darkness, how I needed to become Chastity…how I needed to become YOU…I realized the critical error that she had made. In fact, it’s the same mistake that I made.” Braddock turns her back to Chastity and faces the other cells in this dungeon.

“This place, my subconscious, as fucked up as it is, contains bits of pieces that make up the whole of who I am. I remember the last time I visited you, when you got rid of my younger persona, you said you absorbed her, but whatever.”

“I recall that you were very pissed off about that.” Chastity states.

“Yes, yes I was. But I didn’t understand then, I get it now. That younger persona IS me. It represents the innocence, the playfulness in me, the side of me that loves to party and damn it, I still love a good party. So she is still every bit a part of me. I have been trying so hard to just embrace one facet of my being, the good and wholesome role model, goody-two shoes persona. I forgot that the youthful party animal version of Julia Braddock even existed. But she is a part of what makes up Julia Braddock. No one is a one dimensional person. There are multiple facets to everyone. Sometimes it takes every bit of the human being and human spirit to succeed. That is Sophie’s mistake, she wanted me to just embrace one facet of who I am. And I thought I could get by with just embracing one facet of who I am.”

“What are you getting at?” Chastity asks.

“Don’t you see? I cannot run from who I am. I am that happy go-lucky party girl, I am also a role model, and yes, when I need to, I can be Chastity, that ruthless cutthroat bitch who will do whatever it takes to win. I am not here to take your place in that cell so you can take over. I am here to become whole. Because I am Julia Braddock…and I am Chastity.” Braddock turns around and smiles as she finds that Chastity is no longer there. She has disappeared, along with the rest. Just as she expected she would. A warm smile forms upon her face. “Now that I have that settled, Destiny and I can win those tag team championships.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”