Fever 4.01

admin
Site Admin

Fever 4.01

Post by admin » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:22 pm

January 13th, 2013 - Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada

Inside a darkened room, the sound of some strikes against a punching bag can be heard. The camera approaches, seeing an already sweat-dripping man working out. Immediately, the man turns, and the intensity of “The Mississippi Madman” Damon Moreau is evident.

DM: “Tonight. Victim one. Call the morgue.”

He pushes past the camera abruptly, drawing the scene to a close.

=====================================================================

Damon Moreau vs. El Perro
[Damon ducks an El Perro clothesline attempt and then connects with a running high knee. Damon with a swinging neck breaker and then an elevated neck breaker. Damon with three quick belly to belly suplexes in a row and then a sidewalk slam. Damon with a jumping spine buster. He quickly finishes El Perro off with Dead To Rights. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Damon Moreau

Jazmyn Rain finds herself in her own locker room and she has some things that are on her mind. She does have the plush seal with her obviously, much to her own amusement. She looks at it in the eyes and begins talking to it.

Jazmyn Rain: Okay Mr. Seal… let me ask you something. Have you hunted any penguins lately? YOU HAVE? How many have you killed in the last week? 8? REALLY? You’re almost ready for your training, Mr. Seal. One day, you are going to KILL WESLEY for good! What’s that?

Jazmyn has a pause for a second, almost as if she’s waiting for the seal to say something to her.

Jazmyn Rain: You mean to tell me that this whole thing supposedly started because I said “Queens of Chaos” sucks?

Jazmyn scoffs at this as she puts down the plush seal. She looks more annoyed than amused at this point as she begins to express her thoughts.

Jazmyn Rain: Over THAT comment? Really? Yeah, I said what I said about that group and I’m not going to take it back. In fact, I am going to double down on it. That group has so many members in it that I’m surprised they don’t all just form a wrestling promotion together, call it Queens of Chaos Wrestling and leave everyone else alone. Just because you have a million members doesn’t make you elite. You’re literally just hoarding up roster space everywhere you go. If you’re part of that group, in my eyes, you’re a sellout. So yeah Kimberly Williams, you ARE a sellout! Don’t talk to me about the Guardian Angel vs. the Guardian Goddess nonsense that you have been spewing lately because the Kimberly Williams that I THOUGHT I remember wouldn’t be selling out and wearing someone else’s flag. The Kimberly that I thought I knew was a rebel against that kind of crap. I mean, you were even a rebel against your own family breaking away from the Jones family nonsense at one point, am I right?

But nah… let’s sell out and join the Queens of Chaos… a faction that people join in a vain attempt to be relevant because otherwise, their careers are just… existing without a purpose. They might as well send Victoria Salinas an invitation at this point considering she’s trying so hard and failing so hard to be relevant in GCW these days. Oh lord, I bet I just triggered at least 50 people on Twitter with that comment. I’m sure that after this airs, I am going to have like 75 mentions on that platform telling me how “wrong” I am and blah blah blah. Just because you have 500 members and you’re in 1000 different wrestling companies doesn’t make you a special breed. The ironic thing is though, that the Guardian Angel would rebel against that type of nonsense.

I mean… she DID single handedly END Utopia…
The sad truth about the Queens of Chaos is that they’re the COVID-19 of wrestling: it’s so far widespread and infected so many places that you’ll never be able to get rid of it.

And THAT’S what you sold out too, Kim?

At least I have my dignity and my values intact. Whether I’m the Guardian Angel, the Guardian Goddess or hell even the Beautiful Nightmare that I was when I first came here and had the “episodes” that I did, I’d SQUASH this version of Kimberly Williams because THIS version of you flying the QOC flag doesn’t stand for anything. At least pre-QOC, you stood for something. You want to keep this war of words going, Kim? Or is this actually going to go somewhere? Are you going to hide behind your stupid penguin and your 500 QOC teammates or are you actually going to stand for something worthwhile?

Because this game of chicken that you’ve been playing lately is starting to get really tiresome. The CONSPIRACY of course, is that you want the Guardian Angel back so you can take advantage of me just like so many people in this company did many years ago and I’m sticking to that truth. It’s never going to happen! You can say whatever you want about me, but at least I’M not the one that sold out to another entity like you did.

You’re all free to flood my notifications with your pathetic nonsense now…

Jazmyn scoffs as she stands up and picks up the plush seal. She takes it with her as she makes her exit as the scene fades to black.

We cut to the backstage area. There we find GCW journalist Dexter Russell in a somewhat awkward position, sandwiched in between the unnerving Crystal Swift and Summer Collins. Summer is wearing pink dress adorned with layers of ruffled lace that features a corset bodice, satin bows, and delicate floral embroidery. She is wearing an oversized bonnet that is decorated with satin ribbons and cascading flowers. Crystal is wearing a similar outfit, though with enough design changes to make it better adept for competition tonight.

Dexter Russell: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Dexter Russell and I am here with…

Crystal kisses him on his cheek.

Crystal Swift: You’re cute!

Summer Collins: He’s taken.

Crystal Swift: I know! That’s what makes him sooooo dull!

Dexter sighs.

Dexter Russell: Uh, right. Anyway, ladies, specifically you Summer, would you care to elaborate on why you abandoned Jessica Lasiewicz and Fabulous?

Summer Collins: Oh Dexy, why ask such silly questions!

She ruffles his hair.

Summer Collins: Crystal and I are just continuing the teachings and philosophy of purity, a philosophy that Jessie once embraced. She embraced it and loved it. She became The Archangel of Purity. See, Dexy, Jessie belongs with us. That’s just the facts. If you don’t believe it, just look at her past! She has a penchant for violence! When she loses her temper, all hell breaks loose! Her moral compass goes out the window and she tries to end careers. And that’s the kind of violence we need right now, Dexy. Because Purity has been rejected. Purity has been abandoned. So we will burn it all to the ground. Jessie is the perfect tool to help us burn this place to the ground. She will be our Archangel of Purity again.

Dexter Russell: She seems dead set against joining you. How sure can you be?

Collins shrugs her shoulders.

Summer Collins: Her choice. But she doesn’t want the two of us as enemies. I don’t think it will get to that point, though. I suspect she will lose her mind. And when that happens, Crystal and I will be there for her.

Dexter Russell: Uh-huh, speaking of Crystal, you are facing Leviticus tonight. Thoughts?

Crystal Swift: My thoughts are how much I am going to enjoy maiming him!

Crystal skips away happily with Summer following closely behind.

Crystal Swift vs. Leviticus
[Leviticus with a clothesline, followed by another clothesline, and then a body slam, and a dropkick. Levi charges in but Crystal catches him with an arm drag and then a Crystal Kick. She follows that up with a shining wizard and a cover and a one count. Crystal goes for an Irish whip but he reverses, sending Crystal into the corner. Levi charges in for a stinger splash but Crystal moves out of the way and Levi slams into the corner. Crystal with a helluva kick. Crystal with a spinning backfist and a discuss elbow. Crystal with an axe kick. She covers and gets a two count. Crystal locks in Institutionalized. Levi struggles for awhile before breaking it with a sitdown jaw breaker. Levi goes for The Book of Levi but Crystal fights out of it and counters with Crystal Clear. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Crystal Swift

Clyde Sutter steps into view from stage right. He is wearing black dress pants, black boots, a button up shirt, and a black leather jacket. He has his GCW World Tag Team Championship title belt draped over his right shoulder.

Clyde Sutter: Fate can never ever be denied. The will fate cannot be ignored nor can it be stopped. It can be delayed, for a time, but it will ultimately succeed in the end. You cannot fight fate. So why try?

He chuckles.

Clyde Sutter: Bratz Life learned all too well that you could not fight fate. Their time was up the moment they became tag team champions. They were on borrowed time from day one. But they whistled through the grapeyard, completely oblivious to the time that was running out on them and their reign. I warned them. Again and again I warned them but they continued to play the fool. Now I stand here as one half of the GCW World Tag Team Champions. Myself…and Mr. Scarborough…put an end to The Bratz Life.

He pats himself on the chest.

Clyde Sutter: Now the tag team division belongs to us! Now the tag team division belongs to The Bling Empire! Fate has put the tag team division into our hands and we shall hold onto it with a vice like grip! Is there anyone who can stop us, who can overthrow us? Fabulous is gone. Bratz Life is no more. The McBride Corporation has seen their better days. Fate’s reign atop the division will not end anytime soon.

He grins sadistically.

Clyde Sutter: But fate itself will not be satisfied with just the tag team division. Neither will The Bling Empire be satisfied with just what we have. Civil War is coming. And believe me when I say that The Assassin is fully equipped and prepared for a war. The entire roster of Global Championship Wrestling, the greatest battle royal in the history of wrestling, and fate will dish out its will upon any who believe that they are the chosen ones. There is only one chosen…chosen by fate…and that is The Bling Empire. Civil War will be ours. It is fate. Accept it.

Sutter turns and walks off.

Amber Diamond vs. Lynn Bradley
[Amber with a hip toss, an arm drag, and a dropkick. Amber with a snap suplex and then a neck breaker. Amber with a low dropkick to the face followed by a cover and a two count. Amber with a springboard hurricinrana and then a double arm ddt. A cover and a two count. Amber Diamond with a superman punch followed by a spear. She locks in Deadly Diamond. Lynn Bradley taps out.]
WINNER: Amber Diamond

We cut to the ready area where Sophie O’Brian and her partners in the Transcendence, Arcadia Chavez and Sierra Michaels, stand ready and waiting for the main event. Sophie is dressed in her ring gear, looking gorgeous and ready to go. Arcadia Chavez is as intense as ever in her street clothes while Sierra is wearing street clothes as well as her Skuld mask. Gabriella Austin stands next to them. Sophie has a confident smirk upon her face.

Sophie O’Brian: Oh my precious Vainglorious Vicky, you had me concerned for a brief moment. I almost thought that by sweet Gabreila was right, that we had indeed broken your spirit, that we had broken you.

O’Brian shakes her head.

Sophie O’Brian: I am pleased to admit that we were wrong. You are tougher than that. You will not be broken so easily. That is why I chose you, Victoria. I see you and all of that great potential, wasted in the role of a backstage executive, wasted by pandering to outdated principles of right and wrong. Society is not based upon right and wrong. This business is certainly not based upon right and wrong. Those who succeed in this business focus on what is best for their career. You see, Vicky, you misunderstand me. I am not asking you to become some evil, wrongdoing, cheater. I am not even asking you to join Transcendence, although I do believe your career would benefit by joining us. I just want to help you. I want to help you become the Victoria Salinas that I know you can be; the best version of yourself.

She nods her head.

Sophie O’Brian: You are beginning to realize it, are you not? You realize that you have so much more to give this business and that you deserve so much more than what you are offered. Take my advice, Vicky. Become who you need to be and take what you deserve. Civil War is upon us. What better time to do that, to take your rightful spot, then at the Civil War Match itself? You could win it all. You could main event Resurrection again. But not in your current state. You need to be Vainglorious again. Trust me.

Mai Hayabusa vs. Jodi Jennings
[Mai with a judo toss and a roundhouse kick. Mai with a spinning heel kick and then an axe kick. Mai with a spinning back fist and a discuss elbow. She applies an ankle lock to Jodi. Jodi makes it to the ropes after about fifteen seconds, forcing a break. A springboard roundhouse kick sends Jodi Jennings to the outside. Mai with a suicide dive to the outside taking out Jennings! She rolls Jodi back into the ring. Mai with a superman punch. Mai locks in a fujiwara arm bar. Jodi Jennings taps out.]
WINNER: Mai Hayabusa

Backstage…

Mariah Starr and Rina Takeuie can be seen standing in front of the GCW banner. Mariah has a knowing grin on her face.

MS: “December 28…”

Mariah throws her head back as she reminisces.

MS: “On that night, Rina and I went out to Florida. We accepted an open challenge from one of the very best tag teams in the world… a tandem that, until that night, had every argument in the world for being called the Best Tag Team in the World. Hell, they may have actually sought the trademark at one point. But Rina, do you remember what happened on December 28?”

Rina nods.

RT: “Yes, we faced Kailey Queen and Zara Grimm, the Five Boroughs Wrestling World Tag Team Champions, and…”

MS: “Whoa whoa whoa… instead of telling the people, let’s show them…”

The scene shifts…
Footage Courtesy of Festivus in Florida 4 and Five Boroughs Wrestling wrote: Kailey returns to the ring as XS gangs up on Mariah. Mariah tries the best that she can to fight them off, but it’s to no use as they give her a double suplex. Rina comes back in, but Kailey takes care of her with a knee to the gut and then a sitout facebuster. Zara appears to have everything under control against Mariah in the corner, but Mariah stuns her with a headbutt. Mariah goes to the top rope and when Zara regains her senses, Mariah nails her with a missile dropkick. Kailey covers Rina near the corner, meanwhile, but Mariah dives in to break up the count once the referee reaches two. Mariah beats down on Kailey while both Rina and Zara recover. Zara grabs Rina and tries to nail her with a suplex, but Rina blocks it and then takes down Zara with the Setting Sun. This causes Zara to roll out of the ring and completely leave Kailey in trouble. Rina walks over and Kailey gets nailed with the Starr-struck. Kailey drops to her hands and knees and while Mariah goes to the top rope, Rina nails Kailey with the Kamika-knee. Zara is on her back when Mariah nails Kailey with the Brightest Starr. Zara is not moving on the outside of the ring as Mariah stays on Kailey, hooking the leg and silencing the crowd as the three count is made.

Julia Rivera: Here are your winners…. CELESTIAL!
Mariah’s smile is even wider.

MS: “There you have it… a clean, straight-forward victory over arguably one of the best tandems out there. And you had better believe that we are going to ride that momentum back here in GCW.”

RT: “And tonight, we have a chance to repeat that feat when we take on the Soviet Gingers, former GCW Undisputed Tag Team Champions.”

MS: “See, this is all part of a wider plan. Rina and I aren’t going anywhere. We are here to put in the work until we prove ourselves to be utterly undeniable. First it was XS. Tonight it’s the Soviet Gingers. Why stop there? Give us the McBrides. Give us the Alan Family. Give us the Rising Tide. Give us #GingerNation. We will knock off Champions after Champions after Champions until Tabitha Silverstone looks us in the eye and tells us we have our shots.”

RT: “We know that we can carry the banner as the best tag team in the world… Festivus in Florida proved that as we beat one of the best. Line them up. We’re ready.”

With that, Rina and Mariah exit the scene, which shifts.

Celestial vs. The Soviet Gingers
[Karina starts the match against Rina. Rina with a back elbow smash and a dropkick. Rina with a spinning back fist. She goes for a superkick but Karina avoids it and hits a superkick of her own. She tags out to Anastasia Ivanova. Ivanova with a Hammer and Sickle. She goes for a slam but Rina slips free and drops Ivanova with a release German suplex. She tags out to Mariah. Mariah with Kick Me Deadly and then The Greatest Leg Drop. The cover but Ivanova kicks out. Mariah whips Ivanova into the ropes. Karina blind tags in. Mariah with a spinning heel kick to Anastasia. Karina with a spear. Karina goes for a suplex but Mariah floats over and then connects with Starr Struck. Mariah with The Brightest Star. She covers…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Celestial

Kimberly Williams is backstage wearing her crimson red and black dragon emblem ring gear. She has her HKW Bloodlust Championship title belt draped over her right shoulder. She has her beloved (and deadly) plush penguin Wasley in her left hand. A sinister smirk is etched across her face.

Kimberly Williams: Napoleone once said, “The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.”

She throws her head back and laughs.

Kimberly Williams: We saw what happened to him, didn’t we? Defeated! Humiliated! Exiled! But hey, at least he got a great movie made about him and his wild sex life! See, Jazzy, that is what will happen to you if you even attempt to control the chaos. You will lose, you will fail, you be exiled to some strange island, and someone will make a movie about your crazy sex life. Do you want that? Huh? Do ya?

Williams shakes her head.

Kimberly Williams: No, of course you don’t. You just want me to leave you the hell alone. But I’m not gonna leave you alone. Not until you give me what I want. Not until you give my Kimmymaniacs what they want. And what we all want is the Jazmyn Rain of old back. Not the selfish overbearing narcissist that we see right now! I mean, c’mon, Jazzy, do you really think The Guardian Goddess…gag…can make it through the Civil War Match and go on to main event Resurrection? She won’t be able to make it through me let alone make it through Civil War. You know it, deep down inside you know that I’m right. Speaking of Civil War…

She clears her throat.

Kimberly Williams: …I AM HEREBY DECLARING FOR THE 2024 CIVIL WAR MATCH! That’s how this works, right? I gotta DECLARE! So I am declaring that I am entering! And if I have anything to say about it, I’m going to win the whole damn thing! Because there is ONE thing that my sisters have done, that my mother has done, but I have yet to do, and that is to win a World Championship. I am going to do that by winning the Civil War Match and then going to Resurrection where I will win the GCW World Title.

She pauses momentarily.

Kimberly Williams: Now there is something else I was supposed to talk about…I think…

Williams quickly glances at her Bloodlust Title and smirks.

Kimberly Williams: …oh yeah! My championship defense! I am the fightingest death match champion ever and I prove it week in and week out. Tonight I prove it again. Blair McBride has the guts to step up to the plate and accept my challenge, and it will be pleasure to spread those guts all over the streets of Vancouver!

She snickers nastily and then skips away happily.

HKW Bloodlust Championship
Kimberly Williams (champion) vs. Blair McBride
[Blair attacks Kim from behind. She drops her with a roundhouse kick and then a running high knee. Blair with a superkick sends Kim over the top and to the outside. Blair with a baseball slide into a head scissors takedown on the outside. Blair with a swinging neck breaker on the outside. She covers…1…Kickout! Blair pulls Kim up and goes for another neck breaker but Kim pushes her off sending Blair face first into the steel ring post. Kim with a release German suplex on the outside. Kim grabs Wasley. She smacks Blair in the gut with Wasley and then in the back. Kim with a seated senton from the ring apron onto Blair’s back. She covers…1…2 Kickout! Kim reaches underneath the ring and produces a bag and slides it into the ring. She finds a Singapore cane underneath the ring. Blair pulls herself up and Kim smashes her in the face with the Singapore cane. Kim reaches back underneath the ring and produces a table. She sets the table up. Blair with a drop toe hold onto Kim, sending Kim face first onto the steel ring steps. Blair with a series of rapid fire chops and kicks that eventually sends Kim onto the table. Blair goes into the ring. Blair with a variation of Air Blair from the inside to the outside onto Kim through the table! The covers…1…2…3NO! Kim kicks out! Blair rolls Kim back into the ring. Blair produces a steel chair. She rolls into the ring and takes aim but Kim with Morrigan’s Wrath, kicking the chair back into Blair’s face! Kim goes to her bag and pours its contents, tacks and broken glass, all over the center of the ring. Blair pulls herself up. Kim with her mother’s Hot Shot, the pedigree, sending blair face first onto the pile of glass and tacks! Kim takes Blair and hooks her in The Angel’s Arch, the lion tamer, placing Blair’s face directly on the pile of tacks and glass. Blair quickly taps out.]
WINNER and still Bloodlust Champion: Kimberly Williams

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Janelle St. Claire. This evening she finds herself with “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock, who is already dressed for action in her black tights, pink thigh length skirt, matching pink top, and pink and black kick boots. Her long blonde hair cascades to flow freely past the shoulders.

Janelle St. Claire: That was quite a match. But now we are moving from one announced Civil War Match contender to another. Please welcome my guest at this time, she is “The Kensington Knockout” and “The Fallen Queen” Julia Braddock.

Julia Braddock: Thank you, Janelle, and soon you will be able to remove that “Fallen” part from the moniker, because after I regain the GCW World Championship, I will retake my throne.

Janelle St. Claire: Be that as it may, you do have quite a road ahead of you. You first have to win Civil War and you have a ton of challengers who also want that same spot. One of them just competed and earlier today announced. Any comments on Kimberly Williams?

Braddock chuckles.

Julia Braddock: I have great respect for Kimberly Williams and her abilities as a competitor. She has the potential to be one of the best ever. But despite all of that, she has yet to prove her ability to take this seriously. Until she can prove that she can be serious, then I am still the odds on favorite against her in the Civil War Match. I welcome her to enter the Civil War Match. I welcome anyone to announce and enter the Civil War Match. But at the end of the day, I am the favorite and I will win it.

Janelle St. Claire: Another announced entrant is your opponent tonight, “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. You two fought to a draw not too long ago. This is a rematch. She was also last year’s runner up in the Civil War Match. Do you view her as a threat?

Julia Braddock: Of course she is a threat. Lasiewicz is as good as anyone in the Civil War Match. She’s been runner up in two Civil War Matches and last year she went over an hour and a half. That’s quite a run. But the difference between me and her is that she only came in second place in two Civil War Matches. I have WON two Civil War Matches. This year won’t be any different. She will come close but not close enough while I will win my third Civil War Match. And tonight, as far as that draw goes, I am going to rectify that one. Jessica is good and she will give me a fight, but tonight I am going to walk away the winner, just like I will win the Civil War Match and go on to main event Resurrection where I will once again become the GCW World Champion. And that is a Vow of Chastity.

Braddock turns and walks off.

We cut backstage near the ready area. We find “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz there in her mostly black ring attire and her black hooded leather jacket.

Jessica Lasiewicz: There are no words to describe what has been going on in my life lately. I lost the GCW Heritage Championship. Fine…I can get over that, I can move on and live with it. But then losing my best friend, losing Summer Collins and everything that we had…

She shakes her head.

Jessica Lasiewicz: …you meant everything to me, Summer. Fabulous meant everything to me because you, because Fabulous, that is what saved me. It rescued me many years ago. I haven’t forgotten it. And yes, there is a level of loyalty, dedication, and commitment that I feel I owe you for rescuing me. But not enough to surrender my sanity to whatever insanity you and Crystal have embraced. Yes, there is a certain level of insanity that exists in my past. I have lost control before. But if you are counting on me losing control again so that you can rope me into whatever insanity you have started, then you are in for a huge disappointment. I am in control of my faculties and no matter what you say or do, I will never give in and I will never ever join the pair of you.

Lasiewicz shakes her head.

Jessica Lasiewicz: I heard everything that you said and you have some things mistaken. You are right, I did buy into Loretta Inglewood’s concept and philosophy of purity. I bought into its teachings. I was once The Archangel of Purity. But what you two are engaging in is not the teachings and philosophy of purity. You have taken it somewhere I cannot go. I still believe in right and wrong. I still believe in good. And I do not think that “burning it all to the ground” as you put it is the way to go. That is why I will never join you. So if we must go our separate ways then so be it. But I warn you to stay out of my way.

The Archangel glares at the camera.

Jessica Lasiewicz: If I am on my own then so be it. I can survive on my own. I can thrive on my own. I have done it before and I will do it again. I have said it before, I am entering the 2024 Civil War Match and I am not going to settle for being the runner up for a third year. This time I will be the WINNER! And as for you, Julia Braddock…

She smirks.

Jessica Lasiewicz: …I hate to break it to you, but that throne of yours belongs to me. Tonight, I will prove it when I beat you one on one in the center of the ring. You are good, Braddock, but not as good as The Archangel.

Jessica Lasiewicz vs. Julia Braddock
[Jessica catches Julia with a cartwheel kick and then a boot to the gut followed by a scissors kick. Lasiewicz with a handspring kick. She whips Braddock into the corner and goes in with a handspring elbow. Jessica lets Braddock stagger out of the corner before delivering a snap suplex. She locks in a leg grapevine. Braddock reaches the ropes after about ten seconds, forcing the break. Lasiewicz pulls Julia up and goes for a dragon screw but Braddock counters with an enziguri. Julia follows that up with a spinning heel kick and then an axe kick. Braddock whips Jessica into the corner and follows it up with a stinger splash. Braddock snaps off a Full Nelson release suplex. Braddock drops an elbow, a second elbow, a third elbow, curtsies, and then drops a fourth elbow. Julia slingshots Jessica into the turnbuckle. Jessica staggers out and Braddock delivers a German suplex with a bridge…1….2Kickout! Julia goes for Ex-Communication but Jessica avoids it and then chop blocks Braddock’s leg. Jessica reapplies the leg grapevine. Julia reaches the ropes after about fifteen seconds, forcing the break. Jessica snaps off a dragon screw. Jessica wraps Julia in The Fabulous Lock. Braddock reaches the ropes after about twenty seconds forcing the break.]

[Braddock slides out of the ring to catch a rest. Jessica doesn’t let her have it. Jessica with a plancha over the top taking out Braddock. Jessica whips Braddock, sending her knees first onto the steel steps. Jessica rolls Julia back into the ring. Jessica applies steel ring post assisted figure four onto Julia! Jessica hangs on until the referee’s count of four before breaking the hold. Jessica slides back into the ring. She snaps off another dragon screw. She hangs on to the leg and steps through to go for a figure four but Braddock counters with a small package…1…2… NO! Jessica manages to kick out just in time! Jessica snaps off Our Lady Peace. She pulls Braddock up and sets her up for a pedigree but Braddock back drops out of it! Julia with a superkick and then delivers Ex-Communication! She covers…1….2…3NO! Jessica kicks out. Julia locks Jessica in a sharpshooter. Lasiewicz fights towards the ropes and reaches them after about twenty seconds, forcing the break. She pulls Lasiewicz back up and goes for Chastisement but Jessica counters and goes for an okana roll but Julia rolls through that and hooks Jessica in Thy Kingdom Come. Jessica fights through the pain and reaches the ropes, forcing a break after about twenty seconds.]

[Braddock goes up to the second rope and waits as Jessica gets to her feet. Julia then leaps off, going for The Kensington Knockout, but Lasiewicz steps out of the way, thus avoiding contact! Jessica with BEAUTY…she follows that up with In Your Dreams! The cover…1…2…3NO! Julia gets her foot on the bottom rope! Lasiewicz tries to step through into a figure four but Braddock kicks her in the butt, sending her face first into the turnbuckle. Jessica staggers back into a school boy rollup…1…2…3NO! Jessica kicks out! Lasiewicz with a pedigree! She goes for the cover…1…2…3NO! Julia gets a shoulder up at the last second! Lasiewicz pulls Braddock up and hooks her for Pure Deformation but Julia counters it into The Vow of Chastity! She goes into a cover…1…2…3NO! Jessica kicks out! Julia pulls Jessica up and drops her with a second Vow of Chastity! The cover…1…2…3NO! Jessica gets her shoulder up! Braddock is showing some signs of frustration as she pulls Jessica up and hooks for a third straight Vow of Chastity. She hits it! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Julia Braddock

[Julia Braddock is exhausted after this battle and is stunned that it took three Vows of Chastity to defeat Jessica. She pulls herself up using the ropes and starts to celebrate. Braddock notices Lasiewicz maneuvering her way back to her feet. Julia Braddock approaches and offers her hand as a sign of sportsmanship. Jessica stares at it for a moment before accepting. The fans cheer loudly at this sign of mutual respect between these two competitors.]

The show cuts to Roderick Osborn as he stands by with a microphone.

Roderick Osborn: Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing by with a special guest. Some of you may be familiar with her. I’m talking about a former Shotgun General Manager in Allison Mayberry.

Allison appears in the shot and she looks pretty comfortable despite whatever reputation she had stemming from years ago.

Roderick Osborn: So I understand that you’re here on behalf of Victoria Salinas, right?

Allison nods.

Allison Mayberry: Before you ask any questions, I just want to tell you right out of the gate that I’m not here to talk about the past… my past rather. Don’t make this about me. Don’t mention my time as the former GM of Shotgun. I am here strictly for Victoria’s interests and nothing else. I’ve seen how you’ve been grilling her with questions about her past here in GCW… like constantly bringing up the relationship thing. So whatever you need to ask, ask away.

Roderick Osborn: Fair enough. So, you did see that big Twitter meltdown she had after Day One, right?

Allison rolls her eyes.

Roderick Osborn: It was quite eye rolling worthy to some…

Allison Mayberry: No, I’m not rolling my eyes at her. I’m rolling my eyes at your liberal use of the term “big Twitter meltdown”.

Roderick Osborn: But you can definitely categorize it as such because…

Allison Mayberry: Whatever you want to call it, it had been building up for months. Now, I am going to go on the record in saying that there was a far better way Victoria could’ve handled her own situation there. Yes. BUT, there ARE some points I DO agree with her on. First off, she’s not wrong when she says she should’ve had a better return match then just some random triple threat tag team match. I absolutely agree with her on that. Regardless of how you feel about her, if you want to say that Victoria Salinas isn’t a star, then you’re kidding yourself. Her return match should’ve been something so much bigger than that. I’m not saying “world title main event”, but surely people would’ve eaten up Victoria Salinas vs. Julia Braddock on the last GCW supershow as her big return match, right?
The fans cheer for this comment.

Roderick Osborn: Fair point, go on.

Allison Mayberry: What was her first singles match again? Aria Stevens-Crawford? With all due respect to that individual, come on! Jazmyn Rain came back and went to war against the Jones family right out of the gate, but that’s the best this company can do for Victoria? She’s not COMPLETELY wrong with the whole ‘nostalgia act’ thing… HOWEVER, as I said earlier, she should be handling this situation SO much better. I get that it’s hard when you have Transcendence trying to make her believe that the 2018 version of her is the REAL her and it’s VERY hard to shake that when your GCW return has been a massive failure so far… but what that “meltdown” showed? That WAS 2018 Victoria all over again.
The events of Day One was the final straw in bringing that out of her and there is nobody more disappointed in her right now than Victoria herself. She knows she handled it wrong. She knows that ‘vainglorious’ is hard to shake. She hates that version of herself. And who can blame her? All ‘vainglorious’ did for her was cause her a bunch of heartache, a bunch of stress and honestly, the most locker room disdain for her she has ever had in her career, before or since. She doesn’t want to be that person anymore, but the sad thing is, that’s all she’s known as far as it pertains to GCW.

Roderick Osborn: So it’s like she’s in a loop…

Allison Mayberry: Exactly! No matter how much she wants to break away from it, it’s still stuck in her subconscious. Trigger her enough, it comes out of her just like it did with that “day one” rant. The way Victoria overcomes Transcendence and what they’re trying to do to her? Gosh, this is going to be harsh because I love that woman to death, but I’ve never sugar coated anything for her and I’m not going to start now. Victoria, I know you’re watching this right now. I get that you’ve got other responsibilities in this business and I know you’ve been going through so much personally. But if you want to beat Transcendence? First off, you need to get the hell over yourself. You don’t want the past to define you? Quit bringing it up. Quit feeding into loaded questions that ask you about your past relationships. Quit whining about how ‘things aren’t the same’. Quit whining about nostalgia act this and nostalgia act that. Quit basing your value on how you’re booked. It’s not 2018 anymore, so quit acting like it because all you’re doing is feeding into Transcendence’s bullshit. And secondly? The solution? It’s NOT going back to 2018, it’s going FORWARD in 2024.

The reason why you can’t escape ‘vainglorious’ is because you don’t know what you want to evolve into. You’ve got so many wonderful things and wonderful experiences to build off from, got it? You’re one of the brightest minds I’ve ever met in this business. You wouldn’t be running your own successful wrestling enterprise if you weren’t. You need to figure out who you want to be going forward instead of leaning on the past. The way to beat Transcendence? Dare I say… is to BE transcendent just like you were when you first came to GCW… in YOUR way… not THEIR way.

Roderick is largely stunned hearing all of this.

Allison Mayberry: I think she understands the message. And one more thing, Roderick…
The next time you interview Victoria? Quit harassing her about the past.

Roderick Osborn: I didn’t mean to do…

Allison Mayberry: I have nothing else to say. Thank you.

Allison then makes her exit, leaving Roderick stunned as the scene fades out.

Inside the ring…

The crowd is whipped into a frenzy of boos as “The Man” by The Killers plays out. Jonathan Scarborough steps out from the back with his two Championships - one of the GCW Undisputed Tag Team belts and his Fever Championship - both wrapped around his waist. He mugs for the crowd as he walks along, but no one is reaching out to slap his hand. As Scarborough walks along the way, he smirks. Once at the ring, he climbs the steps…

Robert E. Lee: “Please welcome one-half of the GCW Undisputed Tag Team Champions and the GCW Fever Champion, representing the Bling Empire, Jonathan Scarborough!”

Scarborough hangs onto the top rope with one hand while he stands on the apron, pointing out. Finally, he pulls himself between the ropes, standing in the ring as he paces around, taking a microphone offered to him from the corner. He finally stops mid-ring facing the hard camera as he tips his sunglasses down.

JS: “Ladies and gents, I don’t think I get the credit I deserve.”

The crowd agrees, showering him in further boos.

JS: “For over four-hundred days, I have reigned as your GCW Fever Champion. While most people used this show to pad their stats or make sure you don’t forget about them, but for The Man, I saw GCW Fever as an opportunity to reinvent myself. This ring was my personal renaissance, and instead of giving me the credit and the adulation that I rightly deserve, you boo me.”

He presses his tongue to his inner cheek as he contemplates his words.

JS: “I guess it’s true that sometimes you don’t get fully appreciated until you’re gone, so I guess that’s something I won’t get to experience for a LONG time because I don’t plan on going ANYWHERE!”

Scarborough laughs as he unclasps the Fever Championship, lifting it high in the air. This naturally elicits more boos from the crowd. He walks around the ring with the belt raised high as the scene shifts.

GCW Fever Championship
Jonathan Scarborough (champion) vs. Jessica Carter
[Scarborough with a spinning flying forearm and then a running clothesline. A jumping shoulder tackle. Scarborough whips Carter into the ropes but she kicks him in the face and then delivers a dropkick. Carter with Ass Kisser. Carter with a one handed bulldog. Jessica Carter with a shining wizard. She goes for a standing moonsault but Scarborough gets his knees up. Scarborough with a rolling neck breaker. Scarborough with a Canadian back breaker and then a Northern Lights suplex. Scarborough with Signal Disruption followed by The Mighty Defeated. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER and STILL Fever Champion: Jonathan Scarborough