Civil War 2016

admin
Site Admin

Civil War 2016

Post by admin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 am

(The GCW Civil War theme song "You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell begins to play in the background as the lyrics to the song pop up on the screen followed by a small message from the video package editor to the fans to kick off the Civil War PPV)

If you take a life do you know what you'll give?
Odds are, you won't like what it is
When the storm arrives, would you be seen with me?
By the merciless eyes of deceit?

(We see Executive Order gang assaulting helpless wrestlers.)

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights
But you yourself are nothing so divine
Just next in line

(We see Myra Lynwood brawling with Aphrodite Noel and Marie Jones and High Voltage brawling with Ginger Nation.)

Arm yourself because no-one else here will save you
The odds will betray you
And I will replace you
You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?
The coldest blood runs through my veins
You know my name

(Jazmyn Rain is shown going after Apocalypse and Apocalypse retaliating with a gang assault on Rain.)

If you come inside things will not be the same
When you return to the night
And if you think you've won
You never saw me change
The game that we all been playing

(Cailey Carter is shown celebrating with her championship belt. Cassidy Carter is shown brawling with Axl Austin.)

I've seen diamonds cut through harder men
Than you yourself
But if you must pretend
You may meet your end

(Glory Braddock is shown brawling with Katherine Prescott and Timothy Myers is shown celebrating with the International title.)

The odds will betray you
And I will replace you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

(We see images of Kayla Jones superkicking Amelia Robson and then we see Robson brawling with Kayla Jones.)

Try to hide your hand
Forget how to feel
Forget how to feel
Life is gone with just a spin of the wheel
Spin of the wheel

(The final image we see is the respective battle royals from Shotgun and Livewire last week.)

The odds will betray you
And I will replace you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?
You know my name
You know my name
You know my name
You know my name
You know my name
You know my name
You know my name

Brittany Kayl vs. Alicia Sabbatini

The match started off at a fast pace as Kayl came out of the blocks, going right after her adversary! She hit Sabbatini with lefts and rights, pushing her back to the ropes before Shawn Mason yelled at the referee to back her off. The referee, doing his job, began to invoke the five-count and, as Kayl backed off, she was rewarded with the ol’ thumb to the eye. Sabbatini took control from this point, going after Brittany with every matter of underhanded tactic in order to try and score the three count. Mason continued to berate the referee and, as Sabbatini hoisted Brittany up with The Goddess Bridge, he slipped in the ring and counted the three… the fast three… instead of the referee.

Lee: Your winner…

As Lee was unsure to make the announcement, Shawn Mason went for a microphone of his own.

Mason: Since you seem to have a stutter, Jim, I’ll make the announcement for you… Your WINNER of the evening… ALI…

The moment, however, is interrupted by the familiar chords of “Epic” by Faith No More. The crowd came unglued as a business-suit-clad Donovan Kayl, “The Cornerstone of Professional Wrestling”, steps out onto the ramp with a microphone of his own in his hand.

Mason: No! No! This isn’t right! You don’t belong here! Security! Get rid of this man! He doesn’t belong here!

No security comes out, only incensing Mason further.

Mason: SECURITY! DO YOUR DAMN JOBS! DON’T YOU KNOW WHO PAYS YOUR CHECKS!?

Kayl: Shawn…

Mason: That’s “Mr. Mason” to you!

Donovan grins.

Kayl: Shawn… the reason security isn’t coming out here for me is because, as 25% owner of GCW…

The crowd roars to a deafening volume, almost drowning out the rest of what Kayl says…

Kayl: I pay their checks. Part of them, anyway. Now, I know you’ve been doing a good job with Livewire, and I hate to have to overrule you like this, but this result isn’t going to stand. I’m not going to let you play the same games you’ve been playing with my sister-in-law and Monarchy in SCW. And you, Alicia… would you have been PROUD of this victory?

Alicia simply sneers at him.

Kayl: That’s not the Alicia Sabbatini that I fought three years ago.

Alicia: You’re hardly the same man yourself.

Kayl: A fair point, but one thing that stays true is that I will defend the integrity of this industry from antics like… whatever this is.

The cheers of the crowd return.

Kayl: In fact… I’m throwing out Shawn’s referee-decision in the name of integrity, and ordering this match to continue right now!

Brittany Kayl, at this point, gets behind Sabbatini, hitting her with Reality Bites, only scoring a two count! With the match restored by Donovan Kayl, Brittany made use of her second chance, hitting a myriad of high-impact offense, but never fully keeping Sabbatini down. As the match wore to it’s close, she went to hit the aptly-named Spinoff legdrop, but Sabbatini moved out of the way and, as Brittany sat up, struck her in the head with The Crowning! She covered and this time, the referee needed no guidance as he counted the one-two-three.

Lee: Here is your winner… ALICIA SABBATINI!

Sabbatini got to her feet after rolling to the floor, raising her arm. Shawn Mason assisted in this, but didn’t appear quite as celebratory as one might assume…

[Civil War fades backstage where GCW Global Champion Jazmyn Rain is walking in the hallway, drawing some epic cheers from the fans. She seems to be in a good mood, but it’s truly hard to tell what kind of mood she is in these days especially with all the odds stacked against her tonight. Her mood is about to be revealed for sure when she runs into her sister Becky, wearing a pitch black wig and a shirt that says “All About Class” on it. Jazmyn rolls her eyes not in amusement, but in annoyance.]

Jazmyn: Let me guess…. Gabby Austin….

Becky: EXACTLY! And I am going to screw you over and hand the title to my slave sister: Hayley Gold!

[Jazmyn sighs.]

Becky: What? You’re not digging this?

Jazmyn: Becky, listen. Last week was fun and all, don’t get me wrong. But at the end of the day, I’m defending this title against probably the worst odds in GCW history and there’s no time for comic relief tonight. I need to be focused on what’s in front of me, even if it’s a definite plot to make sure the title ends up in Apocalypse’s hands. So, as much as I hate to say this since you’re a great actress, drop the act. It’s not going to work tonight.

[Becky seems to be a little reluctant and disappointed, as she has a sigh of her own. She removes her wig and throws it on the floor, folding her arms to indicate she’s just as serious as Jazmyn is at that very moment.]

Becky: You know, playing their roles without being pissed off IS more of a job than it looks. But anyway, enough about that. I’m glad Hector isn’t here. He’d be preaching his sadist nonsense about how you need to ‘have an episode’ in order to silence these people.

Jazmyn: I can’t afford to have that. If I do, and something happens to Gabby, Trenton Snow is going to get involved and become the official. I can’t have that because you know that if he had to choose to challenge myself or to challenge Hayley, he wouldn’t hesitate for a second to challenge Hayley.

Becky: You got the right idea of a conspiracy theory Jaz, but to be honest with you, I think you got the WRONG conspiracy. The conspiracy isn’t the match itself, for the most part. In fact, in my view, Gabby Austin is irrelevant to the entire picture. So, if she’s able to be the referee throughout the entire thing, she has to choose between you remaining Global champion or being exposed as a hypocrite should you have Hayley down for the count. She’d rather you remain Global Champion because “oh Trenton’s gonna beat you anyway and we’ll have what we want.”. Some passion. Plus, you know the Board has a very close eye on this situation. If anything goes awry, they’ll be all over this.

Jazmyn: So what are you saying, exactly?

Becky: I’m saying that the real conspiracy only happens should something happen to Gabby and Trenton becomes the referee himself. I am NOT so sure he’d choose to challenge Hayley over choosing to challenge you. If Hayley has you down for the count, no hesitation. But if it’s the other way? That bastard is a snake! He would count down Hayley because he would love nothing more than to humiliate you at Resurrection, even if it means it comes at the expense of one of his own comrades. THAT, Jazmyn, is the REAL conspiracy so your real worries, all in all, should be on Resurrection, not tonight, because should you make it to Resurrection, and should you lose the title that night, it’d be even MORE humiliating than if you were to lose it tonight.

Jazmyn: Yeah…. you make some strong points there sis….

[Jazmyn thinks it over some more, before she lets out a sigh.]

Jazmyn: But Golden Class….. I’ve grown so SICK of how cruel they have been to me these last two months. I’ve got to get that penance against them tonight, once and for all, because at this point, I would love nothing more than to silence them, FINALLY! I’m sick of them judging me. I’m sick of them saying I have no place in GCW. Hell, it’s even gotten to the point where they feel I have no place in wrestling PERIOD! It’s like dealing with the mean girls of high school all over again and god, I’m just sick of it all. But I’m calm, I’m cool. Nervous? With those odds? Yeah. But I have a feeling that somehow, someway, things are going to work themselves out. I can’t put a finger on it, but I certainly have a hunch…

Becky: I hope you’re right. But anyway, sis, other than wishing you luck, I wanted to stop by and tell you that I made a little something for you that you need to see. Don’t worry, it’s serious stuff. I think it’ll boost your psyche a hell of a lot.

Jazmyn: What is this thing you want me to see?

Becky: You’ll have to wait until later tonight to see it because the entire world will! Anyway, I’m going to leave you to your thoughts and I’m going to get the video ready.

[Becky turns and leaves the scene, leaving the GCW Global Champion standing alone, both bewildered and curious as to what her sister is up to in regards to what she is going to see later tonight!]

(We cut backstage where we see GCW Hall of Fame reporter Janice King standing by next to Marie Annabelle Jones.)

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am here with “The Crown Jewel of Professional Wrestling” Marie Annabelle Jones. Thank you for joining me, Marie.

Marie: My pleasure, Janice.

Janice: Let’s right down to it. Tonight you team up with GCW International Champion Timothy Myers and GCW World Tag Team Champions High Voltage to face Adrian Waters and The Ginger Nation in a unique match where every championship is on the line…

(Marie holds up a hand to silence Janice.)

Marie: Whoa, let me stop you right there, because this isn’t about championships, not for me at least. I hope Myers and the High Voltage ladies retain tonight. They’ve earned their championships. But Waters? Ginger Nation?

(She shakes her head.)

Marie: No way in hell. They’ve earned nothing and will get nothing if I can help it. But I do have one message specifically for Allison…

(She glares at the camera.)

Marie: I know it’s my fault that you are the way you are. I know I created you. But I reached out and I tried to help you and you have spat in my face. I’m done. Tonight I don’t help you. Tonight I just kick your ass all over that arena! And then I’m going to the Civil War Match and by God I’m gonna win the Civil War Match!

Maria Prado: What’s so civil about war anyway?

Our scene rises up inside the boiler rooms, where Malcolm Cross, Maria Prado, Destiny Devious and the masked man all gather.

Prado: You will watch tonight. You will listen to people as they claim what victory tonight would mean to them. What winning would do. They will see the Civil War as an event to define themselves. That is where we differ. WE… do no need the Civil War to define ourselves. We will be the veterans of a far greater war… one which shall envelope all of GCW, and leave it in ruins. So let the ignorant masses have their Civil War. Let them define each other on the outcome of a wrestling match. We shall stand above their silly games with the hammer of judgment. We shall cast down on GCW. We shall rule!

North American Championship.
Sampson vs Cross vs TKO

In the most hotly-contested North American Championship match GCW has seen in many months, Lester Sampson was uncharacteristically ignored early, as TKO made his intentions very known by going right after Malcolm Cross. Cross fought back, pulling the fight with TKO to the outside, where Nightmare made their presence felt, swarming the larger man. It was at this point, that Sampson got involved, again uncharacteristically, going after the masked member of Nightmare, assisting TKO in breaking free. The referee decided at this point that the trio accompanying Cross would no longer be allowed to remain at ringside, banishing them to the back.

From that point, the match took on a different complexion, with each of the three men looking to take both opponents down simultaneously. It was TKO who came closest first, hitting his namesake move on Cross before Sampson broke it up, the reality of possibly losing his Championship without being beaten sinking in as he threw everything but the kitchen sink at O’Reilly in the immediate aftermath. He hit him with the End Times, but Cross was able to sneak in first, hitting Sampson with the Fade to Black before covering O’Reilly himself for a two. At the end of the match, however, it was an impressive feat by Sampson to hit both Cross and O’Reilly with a simultaneous End Times before covering the latter for the three.

Lee: Here is your winner… and STILL GCW North American Champion… LESTER SAMPSON!

The show cuts backstage and we find ourselves looking at the door to the locker room of High Voltage, or more accurately the hallway just outside of the locker room of High Voltage members Brooklyn Smith and Olivia. The door sits closed as our scene opens up but it’s not long before we see the pairing of Broooklyn and Olivia making their way down the hallway towards the locker room in question.

Brooklyn: “This is it, I think?”

Olivia: “I swear, I’d get lost inside these huge arena’s if I didn’t have you and Timmy to help show me around them, Brooky!”

Olivia grins sheepishly as Brooklyn ruffles her friends hair playfully. The pair reach their locker room and open the door, heading inside. Inside of the room though, the pair come up short and both women place their bags on the floor as they stand staring at a HUGE bunch of flowers that sits waiting on a chair at the far end of the small room. Brooklyn and Olivia turn to look at one another, curious, before turning to look back at the flowers on the chair.

Olivia: “From Ian maybe, as a good luck?”

Brooklyn: “Could be… or maybe Tim?”

Olivia: “Maybe… we just LEFT Timmy though, surely he’d have said something?”

Brooklyn: “Maybe you’re right… wonder if there’s a card?”

The two women look at each other before walking over to the flowers. Both lean down and Olivia spots the card, grabbing it as Brooklyn takes a deep sniff from one of the roses.

Olivia: “Let’s find out then, shall we?”

Brooklyn tears her attention away from the flowers and looks at Olivia as Liv begins to open the small envelope, excitedly. The excitement soon drops away though as her face falls and she looks not only disappointment be deeply troubled.

Brooklyn: “Liv? What is it babe? Who sent them?!”

Olivia mumbles something that was practically inaudible and Brook’s face screws up in confusion.

Brooklyn: “Gonna have to speak a little louder than that if you want to actually answer me, babe…”

Olivia: “It was him… Kevin!”

Brooklyn’s face finally switches to a look of anger as she reaches out and grabs the card from Olivia’s hand.

Brooklyn: “Good luck out there, I know you’ll knock ‘em dead tiger. I’ll be watching. Kevin”... is this guy for real?!”

Olivia: “Do you think he’s HERE?!”

Brooklyn: “He can’t be, can he? I mean, we gave Shawn a photo of him and warned him what was going on. I know he’s not exactly the nicest of guys, but he DOES take security seriously, doesn’t he?”

Olivia: “Maybe he just meant he was watching from home? I HOPE that’s what he meant!”

Brooklyn: “We should tell Timmy about this. Come on, lets--”

Olivia: “No…”

Brooklyn stops dead, looking at her friend sceptically.

Brooklyn: “No? Babe, you HAVE to tell Tim about this stuff, he made you promise that you’d--”

Olivia: “That’s not what I was saying ‘no’ to, Brooky! I’ll tell him, I’ll do it now even… I just, I’ll go alone. I don’t need a chaparone everywhere I go, even if I DO get lost from time to time if I don’t have someone with me. I need to show that poohead that I’m not scared and I don’t want you dragged into things more than you are already. I’ll go find Tim, tell him about this, and then we can forget all about it, alright? We have a match to win tonight!”

Brooklyn looks a little unsure, her brow furrowed as she looks at Olivia.

Brooklyn: “Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?”

Olivia: “Absolutely positively sure, yeah. I’ll only be a few minutes… get rid of those things for me while I’m gone, would you?”

Olivia nods her head at the flowers and Brook smiles, nodding her head.

Brooklyn: “Consider it done.”

Olivia smiles back, jumping forward to hug her friend briefly before turning and skipping out of the locker room, looking surprisingly upbeat as Brooklyn watches her leave, looking troubled as the scene slowly fades out.

Backstage, we find four of the members of Executive Order... Mike Michaels, Derek Powers and The K. O. C., in deep discussion about their 'leader', one Alexander Midas.

Shields: You know guys, I'm getting real sick and tired of Midas! He keeps mouthing off about 'how much better' he is than us lately... forgetting that we're the ones who have his back all the damn time!

Lazarus: Yeah, we didn't sign up to be Midas's damn lapdogs! Where's all the 'success' he promised us!? I don't see any titles around our waists... all we're doing is his dirty work for him!

Mike: WOOOO!!! You know it, Jack-o! I mean, sure, it's been nice to be in a position of power again... but Midas is always ordering us to do this and that! I'm Mike Michaels, Manager of Champions, not his butler!

Derek holds up his hand to silence them.

Derek: Guys... Guys... look, I admit that Midas is an ass. However, we agreed to band together to run GCW... and while we don't have any titles yet, it's too soon to give up on this! Saying that, if things continue down this road, then...

Mike: Uh, hey Alexander!

Midas walks up to the group, looking as arrogant as ever.

Midas: Good, you're all together... now we can go over the plan for tonight.

Midas turns to Mike and The K. O. C.

Midas: You three... tonight, you have the opportunity to bring home the first championships to Executive Order. Tonight, you WILL defeat The Republic and become the Tag-Team Champions! Do you understand me? Failure is NOT an option... so don't blow it!

Before they can reply, Midas moves on.

Midas: I, in the meantime, will give that gutter trash, Victoria Salinas, the humbling she so richly deserves! I sincerely wish I have caved in her skull instead of damaging her knee with that lead pipe... alas, what can you do? I'll tell you what I'LL do, beat her... beat her so badly she doesn't even show her face in the Civil War Match! Hell, she won't show her ugly face in GCW ever again! And then...

Midas grins.

Midas: Heh Heh... and then... then I win the Civil War Match itself! Because, let's face it, I'm the most talented wrestler in this promotion, so it's obvious I'm going to win! HOWEVER, don't let that get you down, fellas! You can still play a role... by helping make sure that I DO win! Alan, you're alone in Ring Two... MAKE SURE that you advance to the Triple-Threat! Derek, jack, you two are in Ring Three... you can fight it out to decide who goes onto the Triple-Threat Match, for all I care! Just be sure that one of you advances! That way, we can have an executive Order Finale... where whichever two of you makes it will kindly lay down for me, allowing me to have a shot at the World Title! Get it? Got it? Good!

Before any of the other four can say anything, Midas makes his exit... leaving four irked people behind.

Tag Team Championship.
The Knockout Champs vs The Republic (JaMarcus Avery and Julia Braddock)

The Republic took the early advantage in the match. JaMarcus and Julia mixed it up well with JaMarcus overpowering the number one contenders for the tag team titles, then tagging in Julia to speed up the pace of the match. There advantage lasted a good while. The turning point happened when Alan Shields came into the ring prompting the ref to usher him out. Lazarus took advantage of the distraction, attacking JaMarcus with a low blow. KoC cut the ring off preventing the power man of the team to make the tag. They scored several near falls on JaMarcus, each time he showed how reliant he was. Finally he made the hot tag. Julia was on fire. Scored several near falls on Shields. The ending came when JaMarcus was tagged in, him and Shields were the legal men. Shields fell victim to the Doomsday Device. Julia (at at this point) made the cover, JaMarcus cut off Lazerus.

Winners: The Republic.

Julia and JaMarcus celebrated in the ring. KoC left opting to live to fight another day.

(We cut backstage where we see Glory Braddock pacing around the ready area, looking as intense as ever with the camera focusing in on her expression.)

Glory: I don’t need to go into the reasons why I chose to return to the ring. I already did that. What I will do, Katherine, is point out that you were my first opponent in my first match back as an active competitor and I had your bloody ass nailed to the wall until you chose to walk away like a damn coward!

(She stops pacing, turns to face the camera and shakes her head.)

Glory: Not this time…you’ve been running, running, and running but you’ve just been running away from the inevitable…

(She cups her hand over her ear.)

Glory: Do you hear that? Tick tock…tick tock…tick tock…the countdown is over, Katherine, and so are you. You’re done because I’m going to choke you out or make you tap out here tonight. Tonight is the crowning moment, the moment when my return to the ring has truly been cemented and everyone else had better watch out for me. And it all starts with you, Prescott, it starts when I beat your bloody ass. You should feel honored.

(Braddock smiles.)

Glory: Tonight is indeed special because tonight has been a long time coming and would not exist without certain people. My father, Glenn Braddock, the rough and tough bastard of a trainer. And no, she may not be biologically related in any way but my mother Aphrodite Noel deserve a big thank you because without her support through this I would not have returned. I want to thank the fans of GCW for always believing in me and never giving up on me. And of course, last but definitely not least, I want to thank Kurt Logan, my husband…tonight is for all of you…

(Glory shuts her eyes.)

Glory: Sic semper tyrannis…death to tyrants…

(Glory walks off.)

Samuel Price: "Tonight, one of our big title matches will be quite unique, as two titles will be on the line during the same match. The championship team of Timothy Myers and High Voltage, along with Marie Jones will go up against GingerNation, and this man to my left…Adrian Waters. Adrian, how do you feel going into this match? How do you feel about working with GingerNation?"

The camera pans back to show Adrian Waters, dressed in his ring gear and a warm-up jacket. He smirks into the camera as he addresses Price's question.

Adrian: "One month ago at Game Over, I won my place in this contest by defeating a host of other talented wrestlers in an Any Given Night match. One of those who I defeated, ironically, is also in this match."

Samuel: "You are referring to Marie Jones?"

Waters nods.

Adrian: "Yes, indeed. You know, Mr. Price, one has to wonder what Marie has to gain fighting along side the champions tonight. What will she get if she scores the pinfall? From my estimation, she has the least to gain. If I were the champions, I would keep a close eye on their teammate."

Samuel: "I'd think getting any sort of revenge on her former allies in GingerNation would be enough for Marie. Not to mention, she seems to have formed an alliance with Brooklyn and Olivia as of late."

Waters chuckles and shakes his head a little.

Adrian: "Yeah. I'll agree that revenge is a good motivater. A gold star for Mr. Price here."

Adrian pats Price on the head, annoying the interviewer slightly; although, to his credit, Price doesn't say anything in protest.

Adrian: "Be that as it may, I didn't exactly answer your question, did I? Do I trust GingerNation? No, but I'm pretty much out-numbered. They'll be shooting primarily for the World Tag-Team Championship belts for themselves…although, in all fairness, my goal is that big mouth Timothy Myers's International Championship.

Now then, here's where I have to be smart, Mr. Price. We all know that there is a strong bond between Myers and the two High Voltage girls. They've teamed together plenty of times in six person competition…and they've even teamed up with Ms. Jones before. On the other side, GingerNation are a well-oiled machine. Former World Tag-Team Champions. I'm, I guess you can say, the odd man out. But, our goals are similar…to pin one of the four people across the ring from us. GingerNation needs me, just like I need them. They don't want to go up against a team as talented as our opposition at a handicap…especially with the talent and intelligence I bring to our team. Come on Price, let's be real…I'm the smartest member of our team tonight. If GingerNation works with me…there will be victory for us tonight. That's just pure genius. Tonight, The Utopia takes our next step towards wrestling history. Let's all hope GingerNation does the right thing and follows my lead."

Grudge Match
Katherine Prescott vs Glory Braddock

Glory and Katherine chain wrestle for the first few minutes of the match and, surprisingly, Katherine hangs in there quite well. Neither gains a clear advantage until Prescott rakes her eyes and drops her with a jaw breaker. Prescott with a knee to the face and a swinging neck breaker. Prescott with a neck vice. Prescott with a knee to the gut and then a hangman’s neck breaker. Prescott nails The KDS. She covers and Glory kicks out. Katherine locks in The Last Gasp. Glory starts to fade away but eventually fights back. Glory with a stunner. Glory with a scissors kick and a Full Nelson suplex. Glory with a dragon screw leg whip and then locks in Glorify Thy Name. Katherine reaches the ropes. Glory with Prankster’s Paradise. She covers and gets a two. Glory goes for Blaze of Glory but Katherine moves out of the way just in time. Prescott drops her with Katherine’s Pride but instead of covering locks her in Twisted Dreams. After about 45 seconds Glory reaches the ropes and Prescott is furious. Katherine goes for the Starfall Press but Glory moves out of the way just in time. Glory with an Ex-Communication as a nod to her “mother” Aphrodite. Glory then locks her in Shekhinah Glory. Katherine fights it for a tremendously long time, much longer than anyone expected, but eventually she succumbs and taps out.

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner, GLORY BRADDOCK!

Glory begins to celebrate her victory, finally making Katherine Prescott tap out, but suddenly Prescott attacks her from behind. Katherine begins to put the boots to Glory. But then the crowd comes alive as Kurt Logan comes rushing to the ring! Kurt slides in and strikes Katherine with rights and lefts and stiff kicks before throwing her out of the ring. Kurt dares her to come back for more but Prescott opts to just leave, telling him that this isn’t over. Kurt goes to check on Glory.

We cut backstage once again as Olivia is passing catering, looking for Timothy Myers; she’s already tried his locker room AND catering at this point, getting no joy and she begins to make her way down the hallway which heads to the production area, where a member of the crew said he last saw Timothy heading towards, an assured look on her face as she does so. As she steps through a set of doors though, a figure steps out from behind an open door, and Olivia jumps in fright, clutching a hand to her chest as she looks at the man now standing in front of her.

“Hiya Liv… it’s been a while, aint it?”

Olivia looks distressed beyond belief as the figure steps forward, the half shadows cast across his face washed away as he steps into the light from the strip light hanging overhead and his features come into view a little clearer now; the man has mid length blonde hair which is slicked back over his head and a little messy blonde goatee, but the feature that draws the eye the most is the lopsided grin that sits on his face, not because there’s anything wrong with his physical appearance but because the grin doesn’t reach his eyes, which appear cold and uncaring.

Olivia: “KEVIN?!”

The figure’s grin intensifies as he nods his head.

Kevin: “Yep. Live an’ in the flesh, love! God, you’re a sight for sore eyes, lemme tell ya…”

Olivia: “Kev… what… why… what are you DOING here?!”

Olivia backs away as Kevin takes another step forward and she backs into the door she stepped through only a few seconds earlier, Kevin advancing on her, just outside of her personal space now.

Kevin: “You got the flowers, right? I TOLD you I’d be watching. Figured I’d just stop by back here and say hello. It’s rude to ignore people, remember… you know, like YOU’VE been ignoring ME for the last few months?!”

For a moment, Kevin looks angry, his fist clenching, but then he lets it go and a grin spreads across his face once again.

Kevin: “But I don’t hold grudges, Liv. You know that; bygones, eh?”

Olivia: “You… you shouldn’t b-b-be b-back here, Kevin! It’s em-employees only!”

Kevin’s sharklike grin only intensifies now as he takes another step closer towards Liv, leaning an arm on the door behind her so he’s practically looming over her as he speaks.

Kevin: “Yeah… yeah, of course you’re right about that… and it would be disgusting of me to be back here if I was just some Joe Blogs wanker off the street wouldn’t it? It’s a good job I have THIS really, huh?”

Kevin grabs something which hangs from his belt, which turns to be an AAA card on a lanyard, which he raises up with his free hand for Olivia to see before letting it drop back down to his side again. Olivia’s eyes are wild as she glares at the access all areas pass before turning them back up to Kevin’s face.

Olivia: “H-how… how did you--”

Kevin: “How did I get it? Ah come on Liv, you’re not as thick as that… do I have to spell it out for you?!”

Olivia just stares at him, watery eyed and Kevin rolls his eyes before smirking once again.

Kevin: “I had a little chat with a nice guy named Shawn I think it was… turns out this place is looking for talent and after learning about what I’ve done in the business, he said Livewire was looking for people like me, offered me a job on the spot…”

Kevin brings a hand up to Olivia’s face now, his fingers just brushing the side of her cheek.

Kevin: “Looks like you’ll be seeing a lot more of me now, sweetheart. Good luck out there tonight, huh?”

And with that, Kevin runs his finger down her jaw and playfully leans forward to kiss her on the forehead before grabbing the door handle and pulling it open, heading through the door that Olivia just came through, exiting and leaving Olivia standing there, leaning against the other door of the set. Starting to shake, Olivia slowly slides down the door until slumped back against it, sat on the floor and her body shakes as if starting to cry as the scene fades out.

[A new video package begins to play, with the first clip being Victoria Salinas pinning Cody Lindberg-Knight at last year’s Resurrection event to become the GCW World Champion in a grueling champion vs. champion match with her TV Championship also on the line. The fans cheer this clip.]

Victoria (voice over): That was one of the greatest moments of my career and I felt like I was in for one hell of a ride now that I was the GCW World Champion. But of course, the saying “be careful for what you wish for” certainly comes into play….

[The next clip shows various instances of in-fighting with herself and the Slay Revolution in the first month of her title reign.]

Victoria: People that I thought were my friends decided that they wanted to grow envious of my success and I immediately became a target from the likes of Camelot and Legacy. But fortunately, I was able to survive all of that in the first month of my championship reign. Despite what I dealt with for a few weeks, I was able to stand tall, and stand strong and despite Cody’s little campaign and his short sighted ways, it wasn’t enough to take that title from me.

[The next clip shows Victoria retaining the title against Cody and subsequently ending his career.]

Victoria: Little did I know…. that it would be all downhill from there. My dream of being the GCW World Champion turned into a nightmare, and the worst part is, it was self inflicted on my part. Needless to say, the part of my career you’re about to see, I deeply regret and always will until I become the GCW World Champion again.

[The next clips show Victoria cheating in various matches, from the triple threat against Devon Kayl and Jay Pride, to a tag team match against those very same competitors with Tina Valentine standing beside her. Other clips show her treating Michael McKay like trash and Mary-Allison Chainz attacking her at Best of the Best during her title defense against McKay, causing a DQ win for her, one that would be quite unfortunate.]

Victoria: I grew insecure, I grew desperate, and it didn’t help that I was battling with some personal demons as well, especially in other wrestling companies when I was being the ‘parrot’ to other people. It wouldn’t get worse, as this all continued to get to my head….

[The next clips show Victoria being pinned by Chainz in a tag match, various brawling clips of the two and finally, delivering a sick low blow to Michael McKay in another cheap tactic to retain the world title.]

Victoria: As bad as this all was, it would only get worse….

[The final clips show Victoria losing the World Championship in a ladder match and then in her attempt to regain the title, being pinned by Michael McKay with seconds to spare in an ironman match at Extreme Prejudice.]

Victoria: I not only lost the title that was once mine, I lost my pride and I lost my dignity and ever since I lost that title, I have been scratching and clawing to get it back. But tonight, that comes to an end because tonight, I do what I did last year and that’s win the Civil War match!

[The scene fades out of the clips, revealing Victoria sitting all alone on a crate outside of the United Center, right near the entrance.]

Victoria: 59 other wrestlers will be in that match as well, 19 of them being in the same ring with me and while there are certainly some great wrestlers in there with much talent, much passion and much desire to be the best, NONE OF THEM possess what I do. Many people in this company, in this business, would have a championship reign like that and be disgustingly proud of themselves one way or another. But not me! I can’t allow that to be my only GCW World title reign and I WON’T allow that to be my only GCW World championship reign. I confess to the world that I wasn’t ready to be the champion back then, no matter how good I may have been. But NOW I am ready, more ready than I have ever been. Alexander Midas may have damaged my knee last week, but I’m still here fighting the same fight that I have since when I lost the championship to begin with. People see that title reign and they think I had it so easy, especially with all the shortcuts that I took then that I definitely regret taking now. But I didn’t have it easy. I spent day after day battling the insecurities within me, those same insecurities that caused me to act the way I did. I put blame on nobody but myself for how I acted during my reign and I promise you all, not only will I win this match again, not only will I become the world champion again, but I am going to give you all a world championship reign you deserve and a Vainglorious reign that you didn’t have the first time around!

My road to redemption takes a huge step tonight because I’ll be damned if anyone else in that match, whether I respect them or not, takes my dream of returning to the main event of Resurrection and becoming the world champion again, away from me! I don’t care who you are, you’re not taking this away from me! Nobody has more to prove in this match than me, nobody is more motivated than me. I want this more than every single one of you and none of you are going to know how bad I want this until you meet me in that ring face to face!

Best of luck to you all…. but at the end of the night, once again, I’m going to win Civil War…. in ALL it’s VAINGLORY…. and guess what….. I’m not done yet……

[Victoria slides off the crate and walks inside the United Center, the scene fading out shortly after that while the fans massively cheer her.]

X Division Championship.
Tag Team Match (Whoever scores the fall becomes champion)
Pierce Manning and Chantelle Chambers vs Simon Lyman and Cailey Carter (champion)

Manning and Lyman started the match. Manning stalled as long as he could with Lyman. Rolling to the outside. Backing into the corner. Anything to avoid truly locking it up with the person he claimed he was going to show who the real man is. Once Lyman caught Pierce napping, Lyman put on a wrestling clinic. This prompted Manning to tag Chantelle in. Lyman tagged in Cailey. There exchange was more back and forth. Both opponents knowing each other so well from previous battles the time in the ring was a stalemate. Eventually, the momentum swung Cailey’s way. That was until Manning blind tagged himself in. When Cailey least expected it he floored her with a closeline.

Manning spent the better part of the time punishing Cailey. Chambers wanted into the match. Manning’s didn’t make the tag. Either he wanted the title for himself or he wanted to prove to Cailey once and for all where her place truly was (or a little bit of both), whether the reason, Manning didn’t appear anxious to tag his girlfriend into the match. That changed when she blind tagged herself into the match. While Manning and Chambers had words, Cailey tagged Lyman into the match. Typical hot tag. Hitting his moves. Not once did Lyman go for a cover.

The ending sequence came when Manning taggged himself in when it appeared Chantelle was going for Nighty Knockout on Cailey. Chambers glared at her boyfriend. The distraction proved costly, Cailey found the resolve to nail Manning with SunKissed. Lyman cut Chambers flush with a superkick. And then Cailey put the final exclamation point on the battle of the couples with DayBreak. She covered Manning, one... two.. three.

Winners: Simon Lyman and Cailey Carter (STILL Champion)

Chambers stormed away from the ring leaving Manning a broken mess. Cailey and Simon celebrated their victory.

(GCW reporter Samuel Price is walking down the hall when he is approached by Destiny Skye. A smirk is written across her face.)

Destiny: Hi there, Sammy…

Price: Uh, hi Destiny…

(He tries to walk on but Destiny blocks his path.)

Destiny: Looking for someone?

Price: Well, um, kinda…Victoria Salinas or Angelica Jones or…

(Destiny holds up a hand to silence Samuel.)

Destiny: Hold on there, so you want to find someone who you think may actually win Civil War? You want to interview a favorite to win Civil War instead of talking to me?

Price: I didn’t necessarily say that…

Destiny: But you implied it. Now that’s fine. I get it, people doubt me and that’s my own fault for giving them reason t o doubt. It now becomes my task to make people like you as well as the fans of GCW sit up and take notice of me. I cannot rely on you or GCW management to hand me anything. I have to make my own Destiny….

(She pats him on the head.)

Destiny: Now did that get on camera?

(He nods his head.)

Price: I believe it did…

Destiny: Good.

(She walks off.)

[The cameras start to roll inside a locker room that belongs to the man standing in the middle; Travis Vessey. Donning a black tailor made suit with black tailor made pants, he is also accompanied by his agent Trista Foxx-Porter. Travis also has a pair of shades on his face and behind them, we can see the trademark blueprint mounted on the wall.]

Travis: This is the day where everyone in this company thinks they have some hope. Two bit players that are good but not good enough believe this day, this night, Civil War, is their lucky days. That by divine intervention and sheer luck they'll win their Ring and then somehow win the entire match and go on to the main event of Resurrection. Well I'm here to tell all of you believers and hopeless romantics that today, like every other day, isn't your day.

[Travis pauses.]

Travis: I mean it makes sense to why you the fans at home relate to some of these guys. Because for years you've been slaving at a 9 to 5, dreaming about a career that you'll never reach. You're never get to that dream career because you're not good enough. That's just life you know? That's not me. That's never been Travis Vessey. The Architect of Your Destruction. I came into this company almost two years ago and I won the International championship within three months. I survived two groups gunning for me, I survived Angelica Jones screwing me over and I reached the pinnacle. I became Global Champion.

[Travis pauses again.]

Travis: It's been a year and some change since I've held a championship and for someone like me, that isn't good enough. I am not like all of you that have to settle for less because that's your ceiling. That's all you fans are good for. Not me. I don't have a ceiling. Last year all of you forgot who I am. You all forgot how good I am and the fact that am on the best in this company. Non debatable. If anyone is even debating that, then clearly they don't know what they're talking about. Their opinion doesn't matter. What matters is tonight. Civil War.

[Foxx-Porter smirks.]

Travis: Three Rings of hopeful people. Three rings full of people who's reaching for those dreams. For one year I have been fighting to regain my rightful spot as the top dog of this company. I've been trying to make sure none of you will ever forget me. Every day I see Ameila Robinson as champion, it makes me sick. Because I should be champion. Her fantasy fairytale is just that, a fairytale. Just like everyone that wants to believe that I've fallen off.

Tonight, all of you will here countless people talk about how it's their night and how they've gone through so much to get here to get some pity from all of you. And all of you will take the bait like always because you gravitate towards those people. Dreamers. Guess that's why you'll never gravitate towards me. I'm not a dreamer. I actually make my dreams reality. I main evented Night 1 of Resurrection last year. I've done something most people in this match haven't. I'm not wasting my time with this Glory/Katherine Prescott feud. I have better things to do. And that starts with tonight. Everyone in Ring 1 will be broken down and I will survive. And then, in the end, I will be one step closer to once again being the top dog. And everyone;s dreams in this match will be shattered. Courtesy of the Architect of Your Destruciton.

[Travis smirks as he adjust his suit. Scene fades to black.]

Television Championship.
Tables Match
Cassidy Carter vs Axl Austin (champion)

This match wasn’t designed to be a wrestling classic. Fell short of being one. From the offset, Ezio and Cassidy Carter used the lack of rules to there advantage to overwhelm Axl Austin. But the man made in Pensacola had a few tricks up his sleeve. While Cassidy and Ezio were on the outside beating Axl, Axl managed to slip away, get back in the ring. He springboarded himself outside the ring to land on both of them. He took the time Ezio was out to lay into the woman who has been making his life hell since December. As Axl was building momentum, Cassidy raked him in the eye to stop him from building up steam. Ezio slid a table into the ring. Cassidy set it up in hopes of putting Axl through it. Whatever Cassidy has in mind, Axl put to bed by superkicking her in the face. Ezio came into the ring to prevent Axl from taking advantage, what Ezio received for his trouble was a Uranage through the table that was set up. Finally, he would be alone with Cassidy for the foreseeable.

Axl slid out the ring, pulled out another table. Then he pulled a steel chair from under the ring. He slammed the steel chair into Cassidy’s back. Cassidy laughed, taunting Axl to give her more, and he did, over and over he slammed the chair into Cassidy’s back, each time she laughed harder until finally she rolled out the ring. Axl scoffed. The momentary distraction led to Ezio hitting Axl with a superkick of his own. Ezio set up the table Axl brought into the ring. He set Axl on it. He went to the top rope. The frog splash he tried did not end in success, instead, he crashed through a second table. Safe to say Ezio was done?

This left the match one on one. Champion and challenger went to extreme lengths to put there opponent to bed. The ending came with Cassidy laid out on a table. Axl was prepared to nail the Spiral Tap, the same sequence that led to this match being made after the Night of Champions event, this time, for some reason, Alexander Midas hopped over the barricade. KoC came down the ramp, slid in the ring, pulled Cassidy off the table. Midas and Axl battled on the top top, both men slugging it out. KoC snuck up from behind, grabbed Axl, double power bombed him through the table. Axl went through a table... not by Cassidy’s hand... but he went through a table...

Winner: Cassidy Carter (NEW TELEVISION CHAMPION)

Cassidy didn’t care how she won. She grabbed the belt. Ezio pulled her outside the ring. Both of them walked groggily towards the back. KoC and Midas ran as Victoria came down to the ring moments to late to save her boyfriend. She glared daggers at Midas as the scene fades.

Backstage, Roderick Osborn stands front and center in front of the GCW Civil War logo. To his right is Brooklyn Smith, to his left is Olivia, and slightly behind Olivia stands Timothy Myers. All three are sporting jackets (the girls with their High Voltage warm-up jackets and Myers with his leather jacket) and all three have their title belts over their shoulders.

Roderick: "Very shortly, we will see two major titles on the line when #GingerNation and Adrian Waters challenge the group standing with me now…along with the legendary Marie Jones. Guys, working together as a team tonight will be key to keeping all of your title belts when the night is over. This could be your biggest challenge to date, considering the circumstances."

Brooklyn: "You said it yourself…the key will be teamwork! I mean, come on! Who can dispute that the World Tag-Team Champions embody the very definition of teamwork? We've said it before, and it's worth repeating…Liv and me go back years. She's the sister I've always wanted…"

At this point, Olivia can't help herself, blushing slightly with a big grin.

Olivia: "Awww!"

Smith winks to Olivia before continuing.

Brooklyn: "Not to mention, we've beat GingerNation before. And, well, no one can question that these two lovebirds work well together."

Olivia: Like Brooky said…we've beat those gingers before. They've beat us, too…but only when they can get away with cheating…which is totally pathetic. I don't want to say us winning is a sure thing, but I wouldn't bet against us, either!"

Roderick: "What about Marie? Do you feel she could be an ace in the hole?"

Olivia: "Oh totally! When we won these belts, we were able to do so because Marie forced those pooheads to fight us instead of running away like chickens! We've trained with her a bit this past week…she really knows her stuff, too!"

Roderick: "Timothy…you've been quiet thus far tonight. While we know #GingerNation will be focused on the World Tag-Team titles, Adrian Waters has not been shy about his intentions in regards to the International Championship."

Myers squeezes in between his girlfriend Olivia and Osborn so he can speak into the microphone.

Timothy: "The funny thing about a match like this is Jinxy could wind up GCW International Champion or Adrian could win the World Tag-Team titles. Sure, we know who he'd team with if that happened…not that it will happen, mind you. Waters and I have a bit of history…all be it recent history. I have no doubt he'll gun for this belt, and he'll probably screw over GingerNation if it serves his purpose.

Here's how I see it, Rod. Yeah, Adrian is no slouch. Sure, GingerNation are a well-established team with a tag-team title under their belts. That's all great. None of us will take any of their accomplishments or talents away from them…nor will we under-estimate them. The difference, Rod, is that we never take the easy way out. We don't take shortcuts. We've busted our asses for these titles we hold here right now…and that makes them all the more special to us. I think I can speak for both Brook and Liv when I say that there is no way we're giving these belts up tonight, either."

As Timothy finishes, Brooklyn shifts her weight a little and Roderick takes the cue, turning to hold the microphone back up for her.

Brooklyn: “Tonight is about sending a clear message; no matter what people do to earn things the easy way, in the long run, cheaters never prosper, because the truly hard workers will ALWAYS end up winning out in the end!”

Olivia then steps up and Roderick has to spin around again.

Olivia: “Tonight, the three of us and Marie, we light this arena up! I can feel that spark already, we’re amped up for this… but when we enter that ring? It’s GingerNation and Adrian Waters who’ll get the shock of their lives when they face Timothy Myers, Marie Jones and HIGH VOLTAGE!”

Olivia gives Roderick what she thinks is a tough look, and it’s obvious that she’s proud of herself. Brooklyn though, she has to stifle a grin and TImothy smiles, shaking his head a little before stepping up and throwing an arm around Olivia’s waist, hugging her tightly as he kisses her on the side of her head and as he does, the scene slowly fades out.

“GCW needs Apocalypse…”

(Our cameras cut backstage where we see Angelica Jones and her sister Kayla standing in the center. Trenton Snow and Gabriela Austin are on either side and then Hayley Gold stands dead center of them all. Angelica is doing the speaking.)

Angel: This company has a monster called Malcolm Cross with his nightmarish thugs running rampant. This company has idiots pretending to be the Biblical four horsemen interrupting matches. We have athlete stripping naked, making out, and smoking weed all as a part of a sham of a presidential campaign. The owner of this company is competing in her own company. Conflict of interest, anyone? If you don’t think that this company needs Apocalypse…you are deluding yourself.

(Angelica motions to Kayla.)

Angel: Tonight, my sister will bring honor and decency back to the World Heavyweight Championship when she dethrones that sham of a superhero Amelia Robson.

(Angelica motions to Hayley Gold.)

Angel: And sanity will be restored to Livewire when Hayley Gold defeats the psychopath Jazmyn Rain to become the Global Heavyweight Champion.

(Angelica motions to herself and to Gabriela Austin.)

Angel: And then one of us will win the Civil War Match itself and then Apocalypse will provide you, the wrestling public, with something glorious, something wonderful, something that will perhaps make GCW great again…an all Apocalypse main event at Resurrection. And Resurrection will not just be a showcase of the immortals but it will be a showcase of what great wrestling should be. You’re welcome.

GCW International & World Tag Team Championship Match
High Voltage, Timothy Myers, Marie Jones vs. Ginger Nation, Adrian Waters

As the bell sounded to start this huge eight-person tag-team match, Jinxy and Olivia stood in the ring to start off for their respective teams. Seeing Jinxy in the ring, Marie asked Olivia for the tag-in, which Olivia granted. As Marie entered the ring, however, Jinxy tagged in Waters, surprising Adrian and angering Jones, who went after Jinxy anyhow. Marie caught Jinxy before she could exit the ring, hitting her repeatedly. Adrian came up behind Jones, who saw him coming and deflected a forearm, countering with her own barrage of lefts and rights, backing Waters up. Marie threw Waters off of the ropes and hit a cross-body block for a pin, but Waters kicked out.

Marie was able to keep control of the match and isolate Waters from his team before tagging in Brooklyn, who kept Waters grounded and off-guard with her fast pace. Smith and Olivia traded tags a couple of times and when Smith was tagged back in, she came off the top rope with "The Night Cap" (a leg drop from the top), but Adrian rolled out of the way just in time. Waters was able to make a tag to #GingerAllison and Smith tagged in Timothy Myers.

Myers took immediate control over Allison with two scoop slams. He bounced off the ropes to charge Allison, but was tripped up by Fury and Allison caught him by the head and delivered a jawbreaker. As Myers rose, Allison dropped him again with a bicycle kick and went for a cover, but Waters ducked in between the ropes and slapped her on the back, tagging himself in. Allison rose and gave Adrian a dirty look before exiting to the ring apron. Smirking Waters entered the ring and dropped Myers with a clothesline and went for a pin…but Myers kicked out. Adrian hoisted himself up to the second turnbuckle and came off with "The Smart Elbow," but Timothy caught him with a fist to the gut and both men were down. Adrian was the first to his feet, tagging in Jinxy.

Jinxy continued to keep Myers in a bad spot and had a near fall on him before she tagged in Fury to the dismay of Adrian. Jinxy shouted something to Fury, who nodded and to the bewilderment of everyone, she led Myers to his own corner, forcing him to tag in Olivia. Olivia shrugged and entered the ring, vaulting over the top rope, but Fury was ready for her, catching Olivia with a powerslam into a pin, but obviously, Olivia kicked out. Olivia and Fury were pretty evenly matched for a few minutes, but Olivia gained an upperhand with a head-scissors take-down. Olivia hit an elbow drop, then a moonsault. She went for a pin, but Fury kicked out. Olivia then tagged in Smith before hitting
Fury with "The Olive Branch" and Smith came off the top rope to finish their "Double Charged!" Brooklyn went for the pin, but #GingerAllison broke it up. Smith and Allison traded slaps and punches, allowing Fury some recovery time. Fury made a dash for her own corner. Brooklyn attempted to stop Fury, grabbing her arm. She managed to prevent Fury from tagging in Jinxy, but Fury was still able to tag Waters back in.

Waters caught Smith in the stomach with a knee before driving an elbow into the top of her head. He then drove her into the canvas with "Use Your Head" (a tombstone piledriver) and he went for the pin…which was broken up by Allison! Allison smiled sweetly at Waters, who clenched his fists and stared at her angrily…and this allowed Smith to dive to her own corner, tagging in Marie! Jones rushed the ring, dropkicking Allison to the floor, then dropkicking Adrian to the canvas. Fury entered the ring and Marie hip tossed her, but was then caught with a superkick to the back of her head from Jinxy. Jinxy and Fury started to double-team Jones, which caused Olivia to rush to her aid. Waters attacked Olivia, bringing Myers and Smith to her rescue…
and with Allison re-entering the ring herself, it was an all out brawl.

The referee was beside himself and looked on the verge of throwing out the match, but held off. Brooklyn and Olivia double dropkicked Fury to the floor, then did the same to Waters. Jinxy and Allison were double-teaming Marie again, and Olivia rolled up Jinxy from behind. The referee dropped for the count, but Jinxy kicked out. Jinxy got to her feet and slapped Olivia hard, who shoved Jinxy hard into Timothy Myers, who hit her with a back-body drop, which he bridged into a pin…and the three count!

Lee: "Here are your winners, retaining their titles tonight…High Voltage, Timothy Myers, and Marie Jones!"

Olivia dove into Tim's arms and he spun her around before kissing her. Jinxy and Allison dropped to the floor, barking up at Marie, who wanted to go after them, but was wisely held back by Brooklyn. The girls of #GingerNation and Adrian Waters exchange dirty looks and the winners celebrated their victory as the scene fades.

In the ring…

Drake Hemingway and Slade Merriman stand in the ring, microphones in their hands as the crowd boos them.

Hemmingway: Okay, okay. We get it. You want to boo us…

The crowd really does want to boo him.

Merriman: But Drake and I have business to take care of before the Civil War match. Three weeks ago, the two of us delivered a pair of spiked piledrivers onto Rocky O’Reilly and Yuri Bryzgalov that have been said to have broken their necks.

Hemingway: Word on the street is those boys aren’t going to be good to wrestle for at least a year, and that’s if the psychological scars of their injuries ever heal.

Merriman: Now, we’ve been told we have to come out here and apologize for that. And that’s what we’re going to do. Rocky, Yuri… we’re sorry.

A smile crawls onto Slade’s face.

Merriman: We’re sorry that we didn’t do that a hell of a lot sooner!

The crowd roars into thunderous boos, which the two men speak over.

Hemingway: We’re sorry that their necks just weren’t strong enough to hold up.

Merriman: We’re sorry that none of you were raised to understand that bad shit happens when you mess with people badder than you.

Hemingway: And we’re sorry that there’s no one in the back with the BALLS to step up to us! Because at the end of the day… WE are th…

Before they continue, the opening sounds of “Slave to the Grind” by Skid Row hits the speakers, bringing the crowd to their feet in unison.

Merriman: Who the hell is this?

Hemingway: Yeah, this is our time!

Finally, the crowd comes absolutely unglued as from the back steps Chicago’s own NATE LAWSON! Merriman and Hemingway appear dumbfounded as Lawson stands atop the ramp, soaking in the cheers but not averting his gaze from the two men in the ring. He pulls his hoodie off, dropping it at his feet on the ramp before walking down towards the ring.

Hemingway: You… you don’t want any of this!

Lawson, however, does want some of that, and he gets to the ring, jumping onto the apron before Merriman charges. Lawson drops down, pulling the top rope, which sends him spilling over to the floor. As he looks back to the ring, he is met by the knee of Hemingway, who pulls Lawson into the ring. He tries to pull Lawson in between his legs for a piledriver, but Lawson fights loose, floating around to Hemingway’s back and hitting him with a stalling German suplex, sending the crowd out of their seats on impact again! As Lawson gets up, Merriman charges over, swinging for a clothesline, but Lawson counters with a hiptoss, floating over into the Elite Gogoplata! Merriman tries to tap out, but with no referee, there wasn’t a match to begin with. Finally, Lawson releases the hold, pumping his arm in the air to the wild excitement of his hometown crowd…

THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN PAID FOR BY “CRAZIES FOR JAZMYN”.... not really, this was produced out of the kindness of hearts by everyone that took part…..

[The video begins with a brief voice over from Jazmyn’s sister, Becky. The first clip is a black and white picture of Gabriela Austin.]

Becky (voice over): SLANDER!

[The second is a black and white picture of Hayley Gold]

Becky (voice over): IGNORANCE!

[The third frame is a black and white picture of Trenton Snow.]

Becky (voice over): CRUELNESS!

[The video cuts to Becky standing in a studio setting with a serious look on her face.]

Becky: These are some of the things my sister has had to deal with in her entire GCW career, especially since the night she became the GCW Global Champion. But Jazmyn is not the only one that deals with this every single day. Many people like her share the same plight: the humiliation, the pain, the rejection…. all inflicted upon the “crazy people” the “normals” love to put down endlessly. It has been said on repeated occasions that my sister isn’t a role model and while it’s true that she’s not a role model in the traditional sense, she is definitely one to a group of people in our society that shares her same pains, a group of people often ignored and ridiculed…. the “crazy people”....

[The video cuts to various clips of the Global Champion doing various humanitarian needs: from leading a group therapy session in a crisis center, to taking pictures with children at a pediatric psychiatric hospital and doing a motivational speech to a group of recovering drug addicts, before it cuts back to Becky.]

Becky: She may not be perfect, she may not be the conventional role model…. but to these people…. she is perfect! She is their voice. She may have had her moments, her “episodes”, but she’s not setting a bad example for them. She’s showing them that it’s okay to err and make mistakes and she teaches them the value of responsibility when she owns up to what she does and apologizes for her wrongs. They learn that they don’t have to be perfect, that they can overcome anything to be anything they want to be, without being held back by any psychological condition…. or any person that wants to judge them. Jazmyn has more heart than all of her doubters and critics combined. She fights for her people. She speaks for them. And while she may wish at times she never had her own condition, her heart has ALWAYS been in the right place. What ignorant people like Apocalypse have done is judge her because of her wrongs, instead of seeing past those wrongs and realizing the person that she is. Fortunately, there are people that do understand, that stand by her, that fight with her…. and here are a couple of examples from the wrestling world….

[The clip fades to a shot of Marina Valdivia in downtown Chicago.]

Marina: Jazmyn Rain has always had a great heart and through thick and thin, she has shown that and she has pulled through in her struggles during her GCW Global title reign. Civil War is going to be no different because I believe in Jazmyn! She will find a way to win and the type of person she is doesn’t change the type of champion she is.

[The clip switches over to Victoria Salinas who was in downtown Indianapolis when her clip was shot.]

Victoria: Jazmyn has helped me through my struggles from time to time and she has been nothing but a great friend to me. Being around her is always a delight and she may have her “quirks”, but to me, they don’t matter. Jaz is someone who has more than deserved her fair share and regardless of what judgmental people think, she deserves to be the Global champion and she has proven that time and time again. Civil War? She’ll do it one more time! I definitely believe in Jazmyn!

[At this point, the video flicks through a few clips of wrestling fans.]

Young female fan: I believe in Jazmyn! What she is “up here” (points to brain) means nothing compared to what she is “down here” (points to heart)

Chicago Pizza Maker: She is my kind of “crazy”, that’s for sure! I believe in Jazmyn!

Chicago Cubs fan: She’s no goat, has never been a goat and Civil War won’t be any different because I believe in Jazmyn!

School teacher: I believe in Jazmyn!

Migrant farmer: I believe in Jazmyn!

Group of psychiatric patients: We believe in Jazmyn!

[After those clips, the video fades back to Becky one last time!]

Becky: Apocalypse may not believe in Jazmyn, but WE do! Whether you’re “normal”, or whether you’re “crazy”, it doesn’t matter, because we’re ALL crazy for Jazmyn and we believe in her at Civil War! Stand with us as we cheer her to overcome the odds and she finally proves what kind of champion she truly is! Believe in her! Fight for her…. because from day one…. she’s been fighting for you and she needs you now more than ever!

[Transmission cut!]

[Civil War fades to Jazmyn Rain in the locker room, holding her Global Championship while the fans give a thunderous ovation for the video that just played. A smile comes on her face.]

Jazmyn: Thanks sis….

[With that, Jazmyn leaves the locker room, newly motivated by what she just witnessed. The scene fades, with the Global title match coming up in mere moments!]

[Civil War fades to the locker room area where Myra Lynwood is already in her wrestling gear and she is anything but in a joyous mood. She leans against the lockers, reflecting on all that she’s been through the last few weeks. The look on her face indicates anger and frustration and it certainly appears that the Civil War match has been weighing on her mind for quite some time now. She goes through a few more seconds of reflections, before she takes a small breath, relaxed and opens up to exactly what’s on her mind.]

Myra: I have to tell you, getting a main event win last week? It felt just like old times, earlier in my career when that used to be such a common occurrence. It doesn’t matter to me how I got that win, all that matters is that I won a main event match in GCW, something that I can only point out two other times in the 8 months that I’ve been here that I have. I was the sole survivor against Team Trenton and I beat Trenton and Amelia Robson for the North American title the other two times. Since then? That sort of feeling was hard to come by until last week. Got a shot at the Global title? That got robbed from me. Next week with the battle royal? I didn’t even make it to the final four…. or even the FINAL EIGHT! You know how frustrating that was for me to go from challenging for the Global title one week and being an afterthought elimination the next? NO! Because none of you have ever been in my shoes! You know how frustrating it was for me to lose at Game Over the way I did? Do you realize how aggravating it was to never even get a shot at a former Global Champion in Malcolm Cross because some douchebag that’s hardly made a wave in GCW decided to get involved? Don’t get me wrong, getting away with the Aurora Ramsey Assault was nice, but I would have MUCH rather done it by beating Malcolm in the ring because that’s the competitor I am, and always have been. So last week? Great! I needed that and I enjoyed every bit of it. Now? Civil War is tonight and I have been saying all week long that one way or another, this is going to be my big breakthrough night! Tonight is going to mark the END of the frustrations I’ve been dealing with lately, and the BEGINNING of being involved in more main event matches and WINNING those main event matches. Tonight marks the END of being mocked and ridiculed for being a “troll” on social media, my actions being referred to as “sociopathic” and me being referred to as “psychotic and unstable”. Tonight marks the BEGINNING of once again being a perennial upper tier superstar that I NEVER lost the ability to be, but couldn’t be due to my injuries, my two year retirement, or in some cases, just some of the dumbest luck I’ve ever had in my life. Tonight marks the END of me being a perennial “first hour main eventer” and the BEGINNING of me being a frequent headliner in GCW!

NO MORE will I be stuck settling for mid-level mediocrity after tonight!

But the kicker is, you people think I’m doing all this JUST to change this business into what it should be in my vision, and yes, that is true. That’s what the Utopia has been all about since day one. However, you people act like I am doing something so EVIL to this business. You people think that I am doing this because I HATE this business and because I want to seek vengeance for my own struggles and retirement from the past. NO! NOT the case! I’m doing this not because I hate this business…. because I LOVE this business! I have ALWAYS loved it. I grew up wanting to do this and lost in the mockings and the mislabellings of “psychotic and unstable” is the fact that the one thing about me that hasn’t changed is the love and the passion that I have for this. Why do you think I get so frustrated when I can’t seem to have that breakthrough moment that makes me a main event star in GCW? Why do you think after being gone for two years, I came back to this fucking sport in the first place? Why do you think I built the Utopia and want to change this business for the better? Because I fucking LOVE THIS, that’s why!

I proved it when my father wouldn’t accept my desire to be a wrestler, and yet, I was able to overcome him and live my dreams in this business. I proved it when I endured a five and a half year wait to become a mainstream wrestler. I managed to prove it through so much of the hazing and the taunting from my peers in my rookie year and overcoming all of it, and silencing the critics to have my breakthrough moment in this business JUST like how I am going to SILENCE you people that mock me, doubt me and question me by having my breakthrough moment TONIGHT! I proved it with every single moment I won a championship. I proved it when I bruised my sternum the night my first world title reign ended and came back. My love for this business shined when I lost my freedom and dignity to another wrestler and endured MONTHS of humiliation before I broke free and overcame that situation… without developing Stockholm, let me point that out! I came back after THREE ankle surgeries to treat an injury that could have permanently disabled me. I came out of retirement after two years of playing “stay at home” mom and I didn’t do ALL of this out of EGO, I did it because out how much I FUCKING LOVE THIS and THAT is why I not only want to change this business, but I also want to be at my god damn best that I KNOW I can be, because anything LESS than being at my best is a disservice to this business I grew up to love and never stopped loving and THAT, morons, is why I do what I do today. Sure, there are other reasons, but that’s the biggest of all.

Many of you in this match don’t love this like I do. Would any of you have come back after that third debilitating ankle surgery? Would any of you have endured the rookie hazing I went through? Have any one of you felt the pain of losing a world title match before you were scheduled to retire and knowing you lost your chance at a happy ending in a flash? How about sitting at home for two long years, watching any wrestling program in the world, and feeling empty inside and having to suffer for what seemed like an ETERNITY knowing that you couldn’t do what you loved while dealing with a sour ending on top of that? NO! I have gone through ALL of that and I have kept coming back every fucking time and sure, some of it is pride and ego, I’m not going to sugar coat that and I’m not saying any of this so you can all feel sorry for me. I am saying this to prove a point and that point? NONE OF YOU will EVER be able to bring me down. NONE OF YOU can break me down! NOBODY in this god damn company can stop me from achieving the goals I want to achieve in GCW. NOBODY can put me through the “worst” because I have already SURVIVED the worst in both my life and my career. You have mocked me and you have mislabelled me for the LAST FUCKING TIME and even if any of you try after this, this is the last time I’m ever going to pay any attention to it because most of you mean NOTHING to me!

Tonight is my breakthrough moment, and one way or another, whether I win Civil War or not, you’re going to remember this night as the night I finally got to stop looking back at all the faces and names that ever mocked me, doubted me or questioned me. It’s been YEARS since I’ve wanted something THIS bad! Time for me to break through, time for me to show what Utopia is all about and most importantly, time for me to show the world what I am capable of when I have nothing to lose and all of you are going to see and witness what Myra Lynwood is capable of when she’s at her absolute best!

[Myra takes a deep breath after venting out such a passionate rant. Of course, the fans boo her words but she clearly doesn’t care about that whatsoever as the scene fades on her thinking just a little more about the Civil War match.]

GCW Global Heavyweight Championship
Jazmyn Rain (champion) vs. Hayley Gold
Special Guest Ring Announcer: Angelica Jones ; Special Guest Enforcer: Trenton Snow ; Special Guest Timekeeper: Kayla Jones ; Special Guest Referee: Gabriela Austin

The contest got off to a slow start, with Jazmyn careful not to offend Austin in her referee’s position. With a conscious effort not to provoke a moment that would guarantee her to be stripped of the Global Championship, Rain left herself open to a far less restrained attack from Gold, who used some high-impact moves to try and keep Rain down early. To her credit, Austin kept to the rules, strictly enforcing the five-count in the ropes, and counting her three’s in a manner that wouldn’t cause suspicion, at first. As the match wore on, Rain started to drop her misgivings, getting lectured by Austin for things such as a closed fist or trying to bypass the five-count. Rain started to grow frustrated, but was caught off-guard by Hayley locking in Stuck In The Mine! Jazmyn had to fight, with Austin repeatedly asking if she submits. Rain, however, holds on, almost to spite Apocalypse. Rain fought back to her feet, using the ropes which forced Gold to break the hold. As Gold prepared for her approach, Rain caught her off-guard with the Rain Drop, covering her! Austin hesitated at first, but dropped and applied a standard count, with Gold getting a shoulder up at two. Rain began to argue with Austin, shoving her back, but Austin threatened to disqualify her and strip her of the title, pulling Rain back into line briefly. Before turning her attention back to her opponent, Rain was blindsided by a double club to her back from her challenger. Hayley then sought to hit the Gold Club Legdrop, but Rain moved out of the way, rolling her challenger up in a tight small package, with Gabriela counting at a normal pace… one-two-three.

The bell rang with hesitance…

Angelica: Oh… Jazmyn wins? Alright then…

Sensing Apocalypse heading for her, Jazmyn bailed out of the ring, snatching the Global title from in front of Kayla Jones and heading right into the crowd. She makes it halfway up the stands before turning around and raising her title to… applause from Apocalypse. Trenton stands in the middle this time, motioning the belt around his waist as Jazmyn shakes her head.

Victoria (voice over): My Road to Redemption has been rough, and at times, brutal….

[A small clip shows Victoria on her knees in the middle of the ring, microphone in hand, a look of regret on her face on the night she would do battle with Mary-Allison Chainz in Cincinnati.]

Victoria: But you got to start somewhere….

[The next clip shows Victoria snapping Chainz’s arm and making her tap out, putting a merciless end to her GCW career. The clip after that shows Travis Vessey attacking her the week after Extreme Prejudice.]

Victoria: My faith would begin to be tested, first by Travis Vessey, who said and did whatever he could in order to break me down, even pulling off a plot behind my back with someone that I once considered one of my best friends….

[The next clip shows Tina Valentine betraying Victoria and then, along with Travis, assaulting Victoria 2 on 1.

Victoria: Travis has always been a fine competitor and he pushed me to limits I didn’t even know I had, I will definitely give him that. There was a point where I felt like maybe…. just maybe…. I just wasn’t good enough to defeat him. I remember when I thought that maybe it was best if I didn’t make a fool of myself on this road to redemption. But with the help of my new boyfriend Axl Austin, along with other amazing people in GCW, many forgiving as all of you fans have been, I stayed strong, I stayed true to myself and I realized that being myself was the best way to be in this business and vainglorious became stronger than ever….

[The next clip shows Victoria defeating Travis Vessey at All Hallow’s Evil.]

Victoria: But this road to redemption? Oh it’s been cruel…. it’s been very, VERY cruel….

[The next clip shows Tina Valentine costing Victoria the GCW World Championship when she had a one on one challenge against Michael McKay. After that, various clips of their feud are shown, from Tina attacking her mother, attacking Allison Mayberry, and attacking her trainer. Some other clips are shown of her being downtrodden at various points after some of the things Tina had said and done to her.]

Victoria: If anything brought the best out of me, it was that feud with “her”. It was the most personal feud I ever fought in my career and as much as it hurt, I knew that I couldn’t challenge for the world title again until I took care of her and despite all of her nonsense, despite her best efforts to bring me down and get me in that parrot costume, like Vessey before her, when the chips were down…

[The next clip shows Tina tapping out to Victoria in the Beauty Salon from Hell match, which draws a raucous ovation from the capacity crowd.]

Victoria: She didn’t get it done….. and neither will the next bastard in this clip….

[The last collection of clips shows the highlights of the Victoria Salinas-Alexander Midas feud, including the assault she endured at the hands of Executive Order in her own hometown of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Victoria’s wins over Derek Powers and Wrestling Royalty, Victoria eliminating Alexander Midas from last week’s battle royal, only to get blindsided, assaulted and wrecked in the knee from a lead pipe attack. Once the clip ends, Civil War fades to Victoria in the locker room, with the knee brace on her left knee being easily noticeable. She’s thinking about that assault last week and she’s got a pissed off look on her face. She thinks about the final words she has to say about Alexander Midas before their scheduled match in a few moments before she speaks her mind.]

Victoria: I am going to admit something that I never would, largely because of my own pride, but also because the people deserve my honesty. I’m not saying this to give you power, Midas, I am saying this because I want you to know the pain you put me through, not just physically, but emotionally. I’m saying this because I am a strong woman who isn’t afraid to talk about her own pain. I couldn’t walk on my own until Sunday morning, and even though, I had to use crutches half the day. I had to deal with the jitters and nerves of x-rays, CT scans, MRI’s, you name it. I’ve been relatively healthy throughout my career and going through those tests aren’t a common thing for me, but the one thing that bugged me out of all of that I went through in the immediate aftermath of your cowardly assault, is the way my emotions spiraled out of control in the moment I was feeling like my knee was on fire. As I sat in that trainer’s room, seeing my knee have such a haunting purple and black appearance, I cried. I thought my knee was gone. I thought my road to redemption was going to be stalled for 8-9 months. I sat there, heartbroken at the possibility, wondering how my career would ever be the same if in fact, my worst fears came true. At that moment, Midas…. a horrible thought crossed my mind….. a thought you put in there when you assaulted me and bruised my kneecap…. that thought?

“I will never be world champion again!”

I was ready to accept that reality and I lost it. And if I didn’t hate you before, I DEFINITELY hate you now because you shattered my pride! You took my dignity from me that night. You know what happened to the last person that made me cry Midas? I made that bitch tap out two months ago! Before that, the next-to-last person that made me cry? I not only made him tap out, I made him tap out to win my second world championship in this business! I’m going to do the same damn thing to you Midas, and on top of that, Executive Order WILL DIE! NOBODY, Midas, not you, or anyone in this business, will EVER cause me to break down like that again and not only am I going to take Executive Order out back and put the bullet in its head, but I am going to take YOUR pride from you and maybe if I’m lucky, your CAREER too! After last week Midas, I can care less about your well being!

Time to give YOU something to cry about….. not just the death of Executive Order…. but also the death of your EGO because after tonight….. you’re going to feel just like the likes of Mary-Allison Chainz and Tina Valentine felt when I got through with them…..

WORTHLESS!!!!

[The fans explode in great cheers when Victoria leaves the locker room to head for her match against Alexander Midas, which is coming up in mere moments.]

Backstage…

Samuel Price: Thank you. It’s been a high-octane event here at GCW Civil War in Chicago. We’ve already seen the GCW Global Championship defended here tonight, and in mere moments, my guest at this time will go to the ring to defend the GCW World Championship against a woman already firmly entrenched in that belt’s history in Kayla Jones… Amelia, thank you for your time.

Amelia: I’ve been looking forward to it.

Price: Tonight, the world is finally going to see the match we were supposed to have one month ago, as you defend your World Championship against Kayla Jones. What are your thoughts?

Amelia: My thoughts…

She chuckles.

Amelia: It’s funny… I spent six years of my career listening to people like Kayla Jones and believing them when they said I didn’t belong. I suffered because I took people at their word. Then I went out in front of my home crowd in Seattle and changed all of that. In one night, I pinned Michael Mckay and became GCW World Champion. And what do I hear?

Amelia shakes her head a bit.

Amelia: That I don’t deserve it… that I’m not good enough for it. Kayla made a concerted effort to undermine my entire reign, going as far as to claim I set up the Four Horsemen to save my reign from her. As ridiculous as that thought is, tonight I’m putting it all to bed. All of her whispers, all of the implications. Tonight, I am going to do what CHAMPIONS do… I’m going to go out there and defend THIS prestigious Championship against the number one contender for it. Kayla Jones is a great competitor. She was a great Champion once upon a time, and GCW is far ahead of where it was back when the belt was taken from her by an attraction that didn’t deserve the attention. But once upon a time isn’t today… and this isn’t her story. Tonight, I stand up and be Champion and when it’s over, I will still be exactly that: CHAMPION!

The scene shifts…

Alexander Midas vs Victoria Salinas

[The battle between a hall of famer and possibly a future hall of famer was every bit the classic that was expected out of two former GCW World Champions. At the start of the match, Victoria went off and got the jump on Midas, unleashing hell on him. Midas didn’t have an answer at the start for Victoria’s rage and the opening assault culminated with Victoria bringing him down with a springboard cross body initially erasing doubts about how her injured knee would hold up. Victoria got a quick two count out of it, but she kept on offense when she locked in a Boston crab. Midas though, was able to get to the bottom rope in order to break up the submission. Victoria steps back and tried to keep things going, but Midas caught her with an elbow followed by a suplex. Midas would then take control of the match from there as he would target the injured left knee of Victoria. Midas would slow things down for a few minutes, applying various kneebars and leg locks to further weaken the knee. Victoria would be in a lot of pain, but nothing was more painful than being thrown knee first into the mat before getting buzzsaw kicked in the back of the head. Midas turned her over and went for the cover, but ultimately, Victoria would find a way to kick out.

Back and forth the battle would rage for over 15 minutes. Midas’s targeting of the knee more or less grounded Victoria’s vaunted aerial ability as victoria had to rely more on her technical acumen. It was definitely working out, as she targeted the left shoulder of Midas constantly, limiting his power offense. At one point, Victoria was going for a corner splash on Midas, but Midas moved out of the way and Victoria accidentally crashed into the referee. The referee went down and Midas clipped Victoria in the back of the injured knee. Midas would go outside of the ring and grab the same lead pipe he used last week. he went in and drilled Victoria with a couple of hard shots to the knee, all while the referee was stirring. Midas tossed the pipe out of the ring, lifted Victoria up and drilled her in the center of the ring with the Golden Rule. The referee recovered in time to see Midas hook the injured leg the fans groaned at this…. but those groans became CHEERS when Victoria SOMEHOW kicked out. Midas got her up and tries to set her up for a second Golden Rule, but before he can, Victoria turned things around and SIREN BREAKER! The fans were going nuts as Victoria went for the cover…. but Midas managed to kick out!

Both wrestlers lied down on the mat after that for a few moments, with the momentum even. Midas was the first to stand. He let Victoria do the same. Midas called her a “walking STD” before slapping her right across the face. This set Victoria off and she exploded like a house of fire, not letting him breathe at all. The fans went nuts at this rage as Victoria floored Midas with a swinging neckbreaker and dug deep to go to the top rope and pull out a corkscrew moonsault that rejuvenated the crowd! Victoria measured Midas, trying to pounce on him for a second Siren Breaker, but right when she went for him, Midas stopped her momentum by locking in The Midas Touch. victoria had a difficult time handling the pain as she stumbled to a knee. She was too far from the ropes, so her only option was to fight out of it somehow. She would do so by grape vining her arms around Midas’s and then using all her strength left to her to pull herself up off the mat, swing forward and take down Midas with an improvised armdrag. The fans exploded at this as Midas’s left arm was affected by this. Victoria sprung forward and took advantage, using that injured left arm to lock in the VAINGLORIOUS VICTORY! The fans went nuts as Midas was trapped in the center with nowhere else to go. Victoria pulled back on that left arm as hard as she could and just when it seemed like Midas was about to tap, Derek Powers ran into the ring and jumped Victoria, breaking up the submission and bringing this match to an unfortunate end.]

Winner by DQ: Victoria Salinas

[After the referee called for the bell, Midas and Powers began a two on one assault. The Knock Out Champs then made their way to the ring with a chair. Shields placed the chair around the injured left knee of Victoria as Midas went to the top rope! The fans were booing, but not for long as Axl Austin, Glory Braddock and Isabella Harker all swooped into join the fray. Suddenly, a three on three battle occured, which would then become four on three when Midas got off the top rope and joined in on the assault. The good guys would be worse for wear until Victoria would recover and get mixed in herself. The brawl lasted for a good couple of minutes. Axl would clothesline Lazarus out of the ring. Isabella dropkicked Shields out of the ring. Glory would deliver a missile dropkick that sent Powers out of the ring. Victoria gutted Midas with an elbow to the cut. She was about to go for the Siren Breaker before Powers and the KOC tripped up Midas and dragged him out of the ring. Executive Order backed up the ramp, with Victoria, Axl, Isabella and Glory staring a fire right through all of them to cheers from the sold out Chicago crowd!]

[Civil War returns to the locker room where Myra Lynwood spoke her mind earlier. She’s sitting down in front of the lockers with the match itself still weighing on her mind. She’s shut herself off from virtually everything, in a sense, putting pressure on herself to do as well as she can in the match, if not win the entire thing.]

Clarissa: Stop it, you’ll poke an eye out with all the pressure you’re putting on yourself.

[Myra looks up at Clarissa and doesn’t offer an expression right away.]

Clarissa: hearing what you had to say, I’m happy that you seem to be in a better place. Of course, last week’s main event victory certainly helps you but you’re still putting FAR too much pressure on yourself. Is it the past? Is it all the criticism you’ve taken from your peers? Is it the feeling that you have to win this match or else everything you’ve built up to this point with the Utopia means nothing?

Myra: Okay, I don’t feel like THAT! Let’s be realistic.

Clarissa: Is it a mixture of the criticism and the past? Give me something, Myra. Seriously. You know I can’t stand it when you put all this pressure on yourself for reasons that, well, I’m honestly starting to consider them a bit silly. The past is the past, and as far as all the criticisms that you have gotten and all that your peers have said about you? SO WHAT! The Myra Lynwood that I knew, the one that was the perennial headliner and the two time world champion? She didn’t get there by putting so much focus and emphasis on other people’s opinions. And she DEFINITELY didn’t get there by putting so much pressure on herself. I think you’re getting it, but what I think is going to get you over the top, Myra, is if you remembered why you were a two-time world champion to begin with, more specifically, how you got there and how you’ve gotten here.

Myra: Yeah? And why was I at that Utopia before, hmm? Tell me. I really want to know.

Clarissa: How you got there in the first place, is how you’re going to get there again and that is by believing in what you are capable of and why you are doing what you are doing. You’ve got to believe, that’s all you need to do and I KNOW you believe in your vision, I KNOW you believe in the Utopia, and I KNOW you believe in yourself and maybe you win this match, maybe you don’t, but you need to stop letting the setbacks bother you. Game Over? Name speaks for itself. Can’t change that. Everything with the Global title match with Jazmyn and the battle royal the week after? Frustrating, yes. But…. you can’t change that. I know how much you want this, and I know how frustrating it’s been at times, but you’ve got to push forward with what you believe in for your sake, and the Utopia’s…

Myra: Believe, huh? That’s part of the reason why I even got to where I was once at to begin with. I remember that so well too, great memories.

Clarissa: You also need to remember that the only opinions that matter are yours and yours alone. This person calling you “psychotic” and the other one calling you “unstable”? Don’t matter! People like N.M.R. chirping you and mocking you? Don’t matter. Everything that’s happened these last few months mean little tonight. The pressure is on THEM to prove themselves right about you. Period.

[Myra stands up, seemingly in a better mood, but still quite serious.]

Myra: Thank you for that refresher course. I have faith that everything’s going to be all worth it! It’s breakthrough time, Clarissa. They have no idea what they’re about to see out of me!

[A newly motivated Myra, remembering some old adages she learned very early on in her career, walks out of the locker room. Clarissa seems hopeful about what’s to come in the Civil War match not just for Myra, but for Utopia itself. The scene at that point, fades.]

GCW World Heavyweight Championship Match.
Kayla Jones vs. Ameila Robson (champion)

With the Chicago crowd on their feet, Robson and Jones lock up. The opening minutes of this contest were fast-paced with the momentum swinging back and forth several times and with both women getting pin attempts on the other. The champion makes what could have been a costly error after dropping Kayla with an impressive roundhouse kick. Amelia went to the top rope and came off with an elbow drop, but Jones moved out of the way.

Kayla got to her feet and booted Robson in the side of the head and followed this with a knee drop. Kayla hit a bulldog and went for a cover…but Amelia kicked out. Kayla hit a facebuster. Kayla threw Robson into the corner turnbuckles and smashed the champion's head off the top turnbuckle until the referee reached a 4/5 count. Jones caught the staggering Robson with a belly to belly suplex, which she turned into a pin attempt, but the champion kicked out.

At this point, Jones started showing some frustration, mounting Robson and raining down punches, which seemed to backfire on her when Amelia blocked a left, then blocked a right. With one of Kayla's wrists in each of her hands, Amelia got to her feet, pushed Jones back, and struck with "Hero's Reprieve!" Robson whent for a cover, but Jones got a shoulder up. Robson hit a dropkick, a flying forearm, a springboard elbow, but missed a spinning heel kick. Kayla countered with a clothesline, then went for it all with "Kaylan Wind Kick Version 1.0"…but Robson ducked! Amelia knocked Jones back with a forearm to the face, followed by a swinging neckbreaker. She went for the cover, but Kayla got a foot on the ropes.

Exhausted at the 15 minute mark of the match, neither woman was fast to their feet. Jones was up first, and when Amelia got up a moment later, Kayla rushed in with "Kaylan Wind Kick Version 1.0", this time hitting the mark. The crowd was stunned silent as Robson crashed to the canvas and Kayla crawled on top of her for the cover.

Supergirl was not finished though…firing a shoulder up in the air a millisecond before the referee reached the three count. This woke the crowd back up and a chant of Supergirl filled the arena. Kayla looked stunned, but did not waste any time going back after the champion. Kayla placed Robson in a front face lock then attempted a suplex, which Amelia blocked. Jones elbowed Robson in the face then went for "Ginger Snap"…but Robson caught Kayla's leg, spun her around, and floored Jones with a swinging neck breaker. Again, both women were slow to rise, and this time, Robson was up first. Jones got to her hands and knees, shaking her head to clear the cobwebs…and that's when Robson rushed in, hitting "Punishment for Villany" (a hurricarana, where Amelia spikes her opponent's head into the canvas in a DDT fashion). With the fans firmly behind her and Jones unmoving on the mat, Amelia slowly crawls on top of her opponent, hooking a leg as the referee drops for the three count!

Lee: "Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner and still GCW World Champion…Amelia Robson!"

The referee waits for Amelia to get to her feet before he hands her the title belt and raises her arm in the air. With the Chicago fans roaring their approval, Amelia turns and finds herself face to face with Kayla Jones. The two stare at each other before Kayla says something we cannot hear. Kayla also has extended her right arm out for a shake. Amelia only hesitates briefly before smirking and accepting the offered hand and the two women share a rare but refreshing moment of sportsmanship as the scene fades.

(Angelica is walking down the hall of the arena when…)

“Angelica!”

(She stops and turns to face her cousin, Glory Braddock, making her way with a determined stride towards her. Angelica frowns.)

Angel: What do you want, cousin dear?

Glory: I think you know what I want.

(Glory and Angelica get nose to nose.)

Glory: Do you have a problem with me wrestling?

Angel: As a matter of fact I do. And I’m real glad you brought this up because I’ve been wanting to say this to you for a long time.

(She puts a finger in Glory’s face.)

Angel: There is a clear conflict of interest. I don’t care who you sold fifty-percent ownership to, the fact is you still have fifty-percent ownership yourself.

Glory: I don’t buy your bullshit, Angel. That’s not all there is, is there?

(Angelica shakes her head.)

Angel: You’re right, there’s more to it than that, because if it were just the conflict of interest then me and Apocalypse would beat you down until you couldn’t wrestle again. There’s also the fact that you shouldn’t be wrestling at all. Face it, Glory, Katherine Prescott was right about you. You are washed up. You are a has-been and your best days are behind you. You will never again be a world champion.

(Glory looks angry at those statements about her.)

Angel: Just quit, Glory. Quit now. Quit before it’s too late.

(Angelica turns and walks off.)

“Each year the GCW comes together…”

(Images of past and present GCW superstars are shown.)

“…to honor the greatest of all time.”

(Images of Kayla Jones, Steve Powers, Jake Storm, Jason Redfield, Marie Jones, Isaac Bongartz, Alexander Midas, and Janice King are shown.)

“This year, at Night 2 of GCW Resurrection 2016, two more legendary names are honored.”

(An image of Devon Kayl flashes on the screen.)

“Longest reigning X Division Champion and former GCW World Champion, Devon Kayl!”

(An image of Glory Braddock flashes on the screen.)

“The owner of GCW, the woman who brought GCW back from the ashes many years ago, Glory Braddock!”

(An image of Devon Kayl and Glory Braddock together are shown.)

“These are your 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees, to be honored at Night 2 of GCW Resurrection 2016!”

Main Event
GCW Civil War Match

(All of the participants are in their respective rings awaiting the bell for the start of the match. The only thing missing, or only person missing rather, is our mystery opponent…)

Robert E. Lee: And now, the final entrant of the GCW Civil War Match, the mystery entrant in ring number one…he is a former GFC World Heavyweight Champion and himself a former GCW Television Champion, JAY PRIDE!!!!!!!

Purple lighting overtakes the arena as ominous organ music plays, before breaking into the dirty riff of Faith No More's "Be Aggressive." After a short while Jay Pride strides out and looks around the arena with a confident lowkey smile on his face. He begins his walk to the ring, slapping outstretched hands. As the chorus hits he rolls into the ring and throws up one arm with an arrogant but happy-to-be-here smirk, then runs the ropes a couple of times and shakes his limbs out.

Everyone looks stunned, especially the participants of ring one who now have to deal with the former world champion. But none are more stunned than Adrian Waters who appears to be more than just a little irked by this surprise entrant.

Ring One

Travis Vessey and Aedan Quinn go at it, trading rights and lefts. Jake Orton goes right after Richard Dix. The campaign manager and weed smoker doesn’t have time to react as Orton goes fist and fire on poor Richard. Jay Pride uses his striking ability to connect with stiff jabs and kicks to Drake Hemmingway and Malcolm Cross before being dropped by Adrian Waters with a double axehandle from behind. The Golden Era duo of Newman and Butler pair off against Anna Richardson and Azola. Slade Merriman and Drake Hemmingway both double team Julia Braddock. Timothy Myers comes to Julia’s defense, bringing down Drake with a hard clothesline. Julia fights back against Slade. She has him reeling and he is nearing elimination when Alexander Midas comes up from behind and tosses her over the top and to the floor, eliminating her.

Lee: Julia Braddock has been eliminated!

Quinn with a snap suplex and then he tries to throw Vessey out but Vessey with a short arm clothesline. Timothy Myers directs his attention away from Hemmingway and goes after Midas. The two slug it out, going toe to toe. Myers seems to be getting the best of the exchange when Merriman and Hemmingway target Myers. They work with Midas to triple team Myers. Poveglia and Hannah Myers are trading blows as are Jay Pride and Adrian Waters. Malcolm Cross is now brawling with Travis Vessey and Brittany Kayl is duking it out with Gabriela Austin. Meanwhile Neil Newman nearly has Anna Richardson over the top but she is hanging on with everything she has. Azola comes up from behind and tries to toss him over but he lands on the apron. Anna and Neil are duking it out on the ring apron as Kyle comes to Neil’s defense and starts going at it with Azola. Poveglia drops Hannah with a knee lift and then notices the action going down between Anna, Azola, and Golden Era. He rushes them and attempts to take them all out but is low bridged by Neil and Anna and Poveglia goes out instead.

Lee: Ezio Gianetto da Poveglia has been eliminated!

Golden Era continue to duke it out against Anna and Azola. Azola dumps Kyle over the top but he lands on the apron. Azola rushes Kyle but he low bridges her, sending her to the outside. At the same time Neil superkicks Anna sending her off the apron and to the floor.

Lee: Anna Richardson and Azola have been eliminated!

Neil and Kyle climb back into the ring but they are immediately floored by Hemmingway and Merriman. They put the boots to Golden Era. Travis Vessey is floored with a clothesline from Aedan Quinn. Quinn goes after Malcolm Cross. Midas goes for a Golden Rule brainbuster on Myers but he counters and nails a brainbuster of his own to Midas. Aedan Quinn is brawling with Malcolm Cross. Quinn has Cross backed up against the ropes but Cross snatches him around the throat and hurls him over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Aedan Quinn has been eliminated!

Richard Dix has valiantly fought back and is going toe to toe with Orton, exchanging rights and lefts. Gabriela Austin and Brittany Kayl have decided to put their differences aside and are now focusing on Malcolm Cross, double teaming the monster. Jay Pride is having his way with Waters until Adrian rakes his eyes and drops him with a ddt. Waters mounts Pride and pours on the right hands. Newman has paired off against Slade and Kyle is going against Drake. The two teams are going at it toe to toe. Hannah Myers goes after Malcolm Cross, creating a triple team on the monster along with Gabriela Austin and Brittany Kayl. Timothy Myers goes for a power bomb on Midas but Midas back drops out of it. Myers pulls himself up and gets dropkicked by Midas which sends Myers over the top but Myers lands on the ring apron. Midas charges but Myers low bridges him and Midas goes over the top and lands on the ring apron. The two start to exchange right hands. Hannah Myers then takes leave of the Malcolm Cross triple team and rushes forward to knock Midas off the apron, causing him to land on the floor.

Lee: Alexander Midas has been eliminated!

Hannah and Timothy exchange a curious glare, not sure what to do in this case. Meanwhile Malcolm Cross mows over Gabriela and Kayl. He then charges and hurls Hannah over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Hannah Myers has been eliminated!

Timothy Myers gets back in the ring and goes after Malcolm Cross. The two trade blows. Richard Dix and Jake Orton are fighting near the ropes. Golden Era are still slugging it out with Slade and Drake. Gabriela and Kayl turn their attention on one another. Jake Orton manages to throw Richard Dix over the top rope and to the floor. Orton mocks Richard from inside the ring but then Travis Vessey comes up behind and throws Orton over the top rope and to the floor.

Lee: Jake Orton and Richard Dix have been eliminated!

Slade Merriman and Drake Hemmingway have Neil and Kyle backed up against the ropes. They throw rights and lefts while they are backed against the ropes. Neil and Kyle kick them in the gut and set them up with suplexes, sending the pair over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Slade Merriman and Drake Hemmingway have been eliminated!

Gabriela Austin lands a superkick to Brittany Kayl that floors her. Jay Pride with a snap suplex to Adrian Waters. Malcolm Cross whips Timothy Myers into the corner and rushes in with an avalanche. Newman and Butler come up from behind and attempt to throw Malcolm over the top but he lands on the ring apron. Cross spits a mist into the eyes of Neil Newman, blinding him. He then suplexes Kyle over the top and eliminates him.

Lee: Kyle Butler has been eliminated!

With Neil blinded, Travis Vessey uses the opportunity to take him and throw him over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Neil Newman has been eliminated!

Brittany Kayl with a Kayl-KO on Gabriela. Before Kayl can do anything else to Austin, Cross spears her, breaking her in half. Malcolm Cross then throws her over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Brittany Kayl has been eliminated!

Jay Pride and Adrian Waters are both back to their feet and trading right hands. Myers with a reverse ddt on Malcolm Cross and then he mounts him and rains down right hands. Gabriela Austin and Travis Vessey both are choosing to take a break rather than go after one another, perhaps due to a close tie between Apocalypse and Trista Foxx-Porter. Adrian Waters has Pride backed up against the ropes and charges. Jay ducks and back drops Adrian over the top and to the floor!

Lee: Adrian Waters has been eliminated!

Waters is furious and begins to shout obscenities and yell at Jay Pride. Jay argues back and that’s when Gabriela and Travis rush forward and together throw Jay Pride over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Jay Pride has been eliminated!

Myers with a power bomb on Malcolm Cross. Gabriela Austin and Travis Vessey with a high-low clothesline-chop block combo on Myers. Austin and Vessey put the boots to Myers. Malcolm Cross meanwhile recovers. Cross pulls Vessey off and trades right hands with him. Austin then mounts Myers and pours on the right hands. Vessey and Austin go for Irish whips but Cross and Myers reverse, sending Austin and Vessey into one another headfirst. Myers charges forward and spears Malcolm Cross. Myers gets back to his feet and then turns around in time to see Gabriela rushing him. Myers ducks and backdrops her over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Gabriela Austin has been eliminated!

Malcolm Cross is back to his feet and he goes back after Timothy Myers. The two go at it toe to toe near the ropes. Vessey charges and clotheslines them both but only Cross goes over the top and to the outside…

Lee: Malcolm Cross has been eliminated!

Vessey and Myers trade right hands and lefts and stiff kicks. Vessey rakes him in the eyes and then clotheslines him over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Timothy Myers has been eliminated! The winner of ring one, TRAVIS VESSEY!

Ring Two

Much like ring one, certain factions tried to work together. Karen McBride, Drake Dillon, and Eric Chambers attempted to work as a unit against Destiny Skye but they chose the wrong woman. Destiny went wild against the trio, quickly eliminating all three in the early minutes of the match.

Lee: Karen McBride, Drake Dillon, and Eric Chambers have been eliminated!

Crystal Swift strips down naked and randomly kisses anyone she comes in contact with, starting with Cassidy Carter, moving on to Victoria Salinas, and then making it to Lester Sampson. Lester does not find it funny as he drops her with a spine buster. Lester with a samoan drop to Destiny Skye and a big boot to Cailey Carter. Cassidy Carter goes to her sister’s aid only to receive a fall away slam for her efforts. Victoria, Axl, Aphrodite, and Olivia go after Lester and they have some success early on but he overcomes them as well, dropping them all before charging forward and clotheslining both Richard Zane and Alan Shields over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Richard Zane and Alan Shields have been eliminated!

Kurt Logan with a chop block to Lester and then a kick to his thigh. Kurt Logan with a dragon screw leg whip bringing the big man down. Crystal Swift has resumed her random kiss-fest. She kisses Axl. She kisses Isabella Harker. But when she kisses Alicia Sabbatini, Alicia doesn’t take too kindly to it, driving a knee to Swift’s gut and dropping her with a ddt. Harker trades right hands with Chantelle Chambers. The Carter siblings have paired off against Victoria and Axl. Jinxy is…sitting in a corner, watching it all…that is until Olivia jerks her up and pounds away with rights and lefts. Lester is fighting back against Kurt. Destiny Skye then joins Kurt in a double team against Lester but surprisingly Lester does quite well on his own. Nero then joins in making it a triple team. Alicia Sabbatini throws Crystal Swift over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Crystal Swift has been eliminated!

Cassidy Carter takes a few steps back and rushes in at Axl but he sidesteps her and sends her over the top to the ring apron. Cassidy laughs at him only to get a superkick to the jaw that sends her to the floor…

Lee: Cassidy Carter has been eliminated!

Cailey and Victoria continue to go at it as Axl turns his attention to Aphrodite Noel. Lester with a body slam to Nero and a big boot to Destiny. Lester spears Kurt. Nero is attacked by Alicia Sabbatini. Lester gets up and then finds Cailey and Victoria attacking him. Jinxy has Olivia stunned near the ropes and she throws her over the top. Jinxy turns her back and starts celebrating as if she just won the world title but she doesn’t see Olivia skinning the cat back in. Olivia charges and then dropkicks Jinxy in the back, sending her over the top rope and to the outside.

Lee: Jinxy has been eliminated!

Isabella Harker knock one another over the top but they keep from hitting the floor. They brawl on the ring apron, trading right hands. Destiny rushes forward to try and knock both out but Chambers jumps out of the way and Harker instead hits the floor.

Lee: Isabella Harker has been eliminated!

Chambers with a leaping kick to Destiny, staggering her. Chambers with a springboard hurricinrana back into the ring onto Destiny. Lester with a choke slam to Cailey Carter and then a spear to Victoria. Kurt Logan with a running knee lift to Lester Sampson that staggers him. Kurt locks in a triangle choke, similar to the one his wife Glory uses, onto Lester trying to choke him out. Lester powers out of it into a power bomb but a lot has been taken out of the big man too. Alicia with a face buster to Nero. Alicia is then attacked by Olivia. The two trade blows. Aphrodite Noel and Axl Austin with a double dropkick to recovering Nero sends him over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Nero has been eliminated!

Chambers has Destiny up as she tries to dump her over the top. Meanwhile Alicia Sabbatini drops Olivia with a ddt. Alicia notices an opportunity and charges to try and dump both over but Destiny hangs on and only Chambers goes over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Chantelle Chambers has been eliminated!

Alicia tries to knock Destiny off the apron but Destiny blocks the right hand and then drops her with a hangman off the top rope. Destiny with a slingshot heelo back into the ring onto Alicia. Destiny is then speared by the massive Lester Sampson. Alicia lands a low blow onto Lester Sampson and then drops him with a bulldog. Aphrodite and Axl are going at it again and they have one another near the ropes. Axl with a dropkick sends Aphrodite into the corner. Axl turns around into a superkick from Cailey Carter that sends him over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Axl Austin has been eliminated!

Victoria Salinas immediately attacks Cailey Carter. The two women are going at it toe to toe, fist for fire. Olivia targets Alicia Sabbatini. Kurt Logan puts the boots to Lester Sampson and Destiny Skye joins in. Victoria and Cailey get clotheslined by Aphrodite Noel. Aphrodite pulls Victoria up and tries to dump her over the top. Cailey tries to dump them both over but they both land on the ring apron. Cailey tries to knock both out but they low bridge her and Cailey goes out of the ring.

Lee: Cailey Carter has been eliminated!

Olivia with a stunner on Alicia. Olivia goes for a tornado ddt but Alicia uses her own momentum to send Olivia over the top rope and to the outside.

Lee: Olivia has been eliminated!

Destiny has Lester down and Kurt is preparing for another move to the big man when shouting is heard from outside the ring. It’s Katherine Prescott, who has just been eliminated from ring 3. Kurt turns and begins shouting with her. Meanwhile Alicia runs up from behind and tosses Kurt out of the ring while his back is turned.

Lee: Kurt Logan has been eliminated!

Alicia Sabbatini goes after Aphrodite Noel. Lester Sampson with a spine buster and a jack hammer to Destiny Skye. Lester then turns around and gets nailed with a dropkick from Victoria Salinas followed up by a ddt. Alicia has Aphrodite reeling against the ropes. Aphrodite with rights and lefts as she fights back. Aphrodite hooks her up and then suplexes her over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Alicia Sabbatini has been eliminated!

Lester Sampson, Victoria Salinas, Aphrodite Noel, and Destiny Skye are the final four of ring 2. Noel, Skye, and Salinas all target Sampson. They have some early success but eventually Sampson busts free of it. He drops Destiny with a big boot and floors Victoria and Aphrodite with clotheslines. A spear to Victoria and a spear to Aphrodite. Destiny Skye comes at him with a cross body block but he catches her and then gorilla press slams her over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Destiny Skye has been eliminated!

Lester charges Victoria in the corner but Victoria dodges out of the way and Lester hits the steel ring post with his shoulder. Victoria with an arm breaker. Victoria waits as Lester gets to his feet. She goes for a superkick and it staggers him against the ropes. She goes for a second superkick but he catches the foot and then exploder suplexes her over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Victoria Salinas has been eliminated!

Aphrodite Noel tries to throw forearm shivers are Lester but he stops her with a right hand and then a belly to belly suplex. Sampson with a power bomb. Sampson gorilla press slams her up and goes to the ropes to throw her over but she hangs on to his head and arms tightly as he tries to throw her over. Aphrodite goes over but, as she has a good grip on him, so does Lester. Aphrodite lands on the apron and she keeps pulling and pulling until, finally, Lester goes over the top and lands on the floor.

Lee: Lester Sampson has been eliminated! The winner of ring two, APHRODITE NOEL!

Ring Three

Fury and GingerAllison double team Marie Jones until Corey Jones runs over and pulls Fury off of her. Rebecca Hendrix goes up against Katherine Prescott. Katherine is then attacked by Vanessa and Jessica Hendrix and a triple team ensues. Rex Sanders mows over Summer Newman and then does the same to Derek Powers. Rex pulls Vanessa Hendrix off and plants her with a right and then drops Jessica Hendrix with a big boot. Angelica and TKO battle it out. Melanie McBride targets Jack Lazarus and JaMarcus Avery goes after Brooklyn Smith. Pierce Manning then goes after Melanie McBride. He and Jack Lazarus double team Melanie. Myra Lynwood goes after Judas Stone. Derek Powers eliminates Summer Newman with a dropkick.

Lee: Summer Newman has been eliminated!

Derek Powers attacks TKO, helping Angelica with a double team. Corey Jones and Marie Jones meanwhile are stilling duking it out with the Ginger Nation pair. Fury tries to power up Corey but she slips free. Corey with a bicycle kick, Our Lady Peace, which sends Fury over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Fury has been eliminated!

GingerAllison rakes Marie in the eyes. She then turns around and throws Corey over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Corey Jones has been eliminated!

GingerAllison points and mocks Corey but doesn’t see Marie measuring her. She turns around and gets floored with a dropkick sending GingerAllison over the top and to the floor.

Lee: GingerAllison has been eliminated!

TKO is battling back against the Jones, Powers double team. TKO with a clothesline to Powers and then stinging rights and finally an uppercut that sends Jones down. Pierce and Jack continue to double team Melanie but then Rex Sanders goes after Jack Lazarus. Katherine Prescott is going toe to toe with Rebecca Hendrix in a corner while the otherHendrix sisters go after JaMarcus Avery and Brooklyn Smith, pairing off against Avery and Smith. Myra Lynwood eliminates Judas Stone.

Lee: Judas Stone has been eliminated!

Myra Lynwood spears Marie Jones, taking her down. Myra mounts Marie and rains down right hands. TKO has Angelica up over the ropes and is trying to push her over. Derek Powers comes up from behind and dumps TKO out of the ring.

Lee: Tyson Kenneth O’Reilly has been eliminated!

JaMarcus has taken over on Jessica Hendrix while Brooklyn is taking over toe to toe with Vanessa Hendrix. Melanie McBride has Pierce Manning staggered up against the ropes. Melanie rushes him but he back drops her over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Melanie McBride has been eliminated!

Katherine Prescott has taken over on Rebecca Hendrix. Angelica Jones and Derek Powers are going at it. Myra Lynwood dumps Marie Jones over the top but she lands on the ring apron. Marie with a springboard dropkick to Lynwood. JaMarcus is now going at it with Vanessa Hendrix while Brooklyn is now going at it with Jessica Hendrix. Rex Sanders dumps Jack Lazarus over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Jack Lazarus has been eliminated!

Angelica Jones has Derek Powers staggered up against the ropes. Pierce Manning charges forward. Jones, with eyes in the back of her head, jumps out of the way and Pierce clotheslines him over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Derek Powers has been eliminated!

Rebecca Hendrix dumps Katherine Prescott over the top but Prescott lands on the apron. Rebecca charges but Prescott low bridges her and sends her over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Rebecca Hendrix has been eliminated!

JaMarcus Avery gorilla press slams Jessica Hendrix out of the ring. Brooklyn Smith dropkicks Vanessa Hendrix over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Jessica and Vanessa Hendrix have been eliminated!

Pierce Manning and Katherine Prescott double team JaMarcus Avery. Brooklyn Smith attempts to get involved but she is attacked by Angelica Jones. Myra Lynwood has Marie Jones in the corner, stomping away. Rex Sanders walks over and pulls Pierce Manning off of JaMarcus and throws rights and lefts. Rex then clotheslines Pierce over the top and to the floor.

Lee: Pierce Manning has been eliminated!

Angelica Jones holds Brooklyn Smith while Myra Lynwood lays into her with right hands. Katherine Prescott is brawling with JaMarcus Avery. Rex Sanders clothesline Marie Jones. Brooklyn Smith fights back with a dropkick to Myra and a face buster to Angelica. Brooklyn turns around into a big boot from Rex Sanders that sends her over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Brooklyn Smith has been eliminated!

Rex Sanders turns and spears Katherine Prescott. He then throws her over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Katherine Prescott has been eliminated!

Katherine only briefly throws a tantrum before going over to ring two where she distracts Kurt and causes his elimination. JaMarcus and Rex begin to slug it out. Marie and Myra resume their battle. Angelica…sits down. JaMarcus tries to suplex Rex but he powers out and reverses with a suplex of his own sending JaMarcus out of the ring.

Lee: JaMarcus Avery has been eliminated!

Marie and Myra are still brawling. Rex contemplates going after them but then he turns and sees Angelica sitting down in the corner. He goes after her but she slides out of the ring from underneath the bottom rope, thus she is still in the match. Rex follows her, stepping through the ropes so he is still in it. He chases her around all three rings until she lures him into a drop toe hold onto the steel steps. Angelica rolls him back into the ring and then she steps back into the ring and pours on the right hands. Myra and Marie are still exchanging right hands. Marie goes for Ava Maria but Myra counters into a belly to back suplex. Rex has fought back and is dominating Angelica with a body slam, a suplex, and a spear. Myra rushes in and axe-handles Rex. Rex with a body slam to Myra and a delayed brain buster. Angelica low blows Rex. Myra and Angelica double team Rex, putting the boots to the big man. Marie then comes up from behind, spins Myra around, and drops her with Ave Maria. Angelica pulls Rex up and measures him for a superkick but Rex catches the foot and then hurls her over the top and to the outside.

Lee: Angelica Jones has been eliminated!

Rex Sanders moves back to his feet. He drops Marie with an axe-handle smash. Myra Lynwood…sits down. Rex stomps away at Marie. He pulls her up and whips her into the ropes before rushing in with an avalanche. Myra Lywnood…is still sitting down. Rex Sanders with a power bomb to Marie. Myra Lynwood finally gets up while Rex’s back is turned and rushes up behind him to throw him out of the ring.

Lee: Rex Sanders has been eliminated!

Myra Lynwood immediately puts the boots to a fallen Marie Jones. She suplexes her and then mounts her and rains down right hands. Myra tries to toss her over the top but Marie lands on the ring apron. Marie hooks Myra and goes for a suplex but Myra lands on the ring apron. They trade right hands. Myra is stunned…Marie is setting up for a superkick to end it but Adrian Waters, who had been eliminated from ring one earlier, rushes over and clips Marie’s leg, causing her to fall off the apron and to the floor below.

Lee: Marie Jones has been eliminated! The winner of ring 3, MYRA LYNWOOD!

Triple Threat Phase
Travis Vessey vs. Aphrodite Noel vs. Myra Lynwood

Travis Vessey and Aphrodite Noel begin with a double team on Myra Lynwood, whose ring just completed and thus did not get a rest period. A high flapjack is followed up by a high-low combo move. Travis whips Myra into a corner and then Aphrodite avalanches her and Travis does the same. Travis then betrays Aphrodite with a short-arm clothesline. Travis with a brain buster. Travis covers…

1…

2…

Aphrodite kicks out. Travis puts the boots to Noel but then Myra comes up from behind with a low blow. Myra with a bulldog takedown on Travis. Myra with a neck breaker to Vessey. Aphrodite is to her feet and Myra spears her down. Myra with a ddt on Aphrodite and then she covers…

1…

2…

Aphrodite kicks out. Myra is furious. She goes for another ddt but Aphrodite counters with a release Northern Lights suplex. Travis Vessey is back to his feet and he charges but Aphrodite ducks the clothesline attempt and drops him with a sleeper neck breaker. Aphrodite with a neck snapper. Aphrodite covers…

2…

Travis Vessey kicks out. Aphrodite climbs to the top rope and looks for a flipover neck breaker but Travis moves out of the way. Myra with a knee lift to Aphrodite. Travis floors Myra with a clothesline. Travis pulls Aphrodite up and goes for a body s lam but Aphrodite slips out from behind and nails a code breaker. Aphrodite then connects with Ex-Communication. She covers…

1…

2…

…3!

Lee: Travis Vessey has been eliminated! Travis Vessey is the winner of a tag team title shot at Resurrection!

Before Aphrodite can celebrate, Myra attacks her with an axe handle smash. Myra with a belly to back suplex and then a German Suplex with a bridge…

1…

2…

Aphrodite kicks out. Myra locks her up in Relentless Torture, hoping she’ll tap out. Aphrodite refuses to quit. After about forty-five seconds in the hold Myra releases it, drags her out to the center, and goes to lock it in again but Aphrodite counters with a small package…

1…

2…

Myra kicks out. Both women are up at about the same time and they trade blows, right and left. Myra rakes her eyes and nails a chick kick. Myra goes up top and goes for a 630 splash and hits it! She covers…

1…

2…

…3NOOOOOOOO! Aphrodite gets a foot on the bottom rope and Myra Lynwood is furious! She starts arguing with the referee. This gives Aphrodite time to recover. Aphrodite makes it to her feet and Myra turns around in time to get floored by a clothesline…and then another…and another! Aphrodite with a snap suplex and then a standing moonsault for a cover…

1…

2…

Myra kicks out. Aphrodite with a stunner on Myra. Aphrodite connects with Ex-Communication on Myra Lynwood. She covers…

1…

2…

…3NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Myra gets a foot on the bottom rope!

Now it’s Aphrodite’s turn to be shocked. Aphrodite charges forward and goes for it again but Myra moves out of the way and lands a chick kick. Myra then nails Aphrodite with Tradition Breaker. Myra covers…

1…

2…

…3!

Lee: Aphrodite Noel has been eliminated and has earned a shot at a singles championship at Resurrection, but the winner of the 2016 Civil War Match and who will get a world championship match in the main event of Resurrection, MYRA LYNWOOD!!!!!!!!!