A few helpful reminders.

admin
Site Admin

A few helpful reminders.

Post by admin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:43 pm

I just wanted to speak on a few items that will hopefully help things continue to run smoothly here in GCW. No need to fear, nothing is wrong, nothing is going wrong. I just like to try and nip an issue in the bud if I foresee it being a problem in the distant future, that way I don't even HAVE to deal with it in the distant future. You know what I mean?

Anyway, I get segments sent in all the time with special requests added to them. They may say "I'd like this to be the opening segment" or "I'd like this to close the show" or sometimes the request may even pertain directly to a match such as "can my character take the fall" or "if you have my character slated to win can they win clean and not cheat"...

You can imagine the requests I get. Randy and JJ will probably agree that they get similar requests so I am speaking on their behalf as well seeing as they run Shotgun.

If it works into my plans for Livewire, and if I can shift things around and make it work so that it doesn't directly contradict or come into conflict with another segment or request that has been sent to me, then yes, I will do my best to fulfill ALL requests. I would dare say that when it comes to Shotgun, Randy and JJ would say the same thing, that they'll do what they can to make sure most if not all requests are fulfilled so long as it doesn't mess up the Shotgun plans or mess up any other segments sent in.

HOWEVER...

...if I get two or more segments sent to me that directly contradict one another, then one or more of those segments has to go. For instance, if a segment is sent in of Marie Jones coming out in the middle of the show shooting a promo, but then I also have received another segment of Marie Jones being brutally attacked at the start of the show and leaving in an ambulance bound for the hospital....well, obviously both segments can't happen. Marie can't be in the ring shooting a promo if she's been sent to the hospital.

So I, as the show-runner of Livewire, would have to make a decision. Which of those segments am I going to cut or edit?

Same goes for requests. There have been times when I got two or three segments in all of which with the request attached to them that they start the show. Well all three can't start the show. So I have to make a decision there. I would dare say Randy and JJ have had to deal with similar circumstances in which they had to deny someone's request because it conflicted with someone else's request.

This is just a reminder that the staff at GCW, specifically Randy and JJ who work hard to put Shotgun up and myself who tries my best to put Livewire up, we will do our best to make sure everyone's contribution makes it on the show. But at the end of the day we reserve the right to tweak or edit your segments if the need arises. If Randy, JJ, or myself receive any requests, we will try to adhere to all requests, but we may have to make certain decisions.

I hope you understand those decisions that we make.

Return to “Make It So, Number One!”