Resurrection VII

Jazmyn Rain

Resurrection VII

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 am

Resurrection VII - Night 1 - May 25, 2018 (MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV)

“For the seventh year in a row… Global Championship Wrestling presents its grandest stage of them all…”

[Clips of some of the very best moments of Resurrection’s past are shown…]

“Where some of the biggest stars in the world attempt to reach the brass ring…”

[Various shots of all the competitors in the Global X match are shown hitting their finishing maneuvers during various matches and victories…]

“Where friendships become grudges….”

[The next clip is of Hannah Myers betraying Destiny Skye at Civil War…]

“Where the in-ring psychologies and ties that bind are put to the test…”

[The next clips are of Adrian Waters piledriving Jason Schneider and Jason costing Team Nate the match last week on Shotgun…]

“Where champions will try to make history…”

[The next clips are of Isabella Harker and her various International title defenses and James R. Knight making an impact in the ring…]

“Where legacies and careers are on the line…”

[The opening package next shows Jenni Anderson and Andrea Hernandez putting each other through hell in the weeks leading up to Resurrection…]

“Where the heritage of this sport is defined…

[The next clips are of Nate Lawson taking out Mr. Holliday and of Casey Holliday’s assault on Kacy Oliver…]

“Where the purity of professional wrestling is showcased…”

[Next, the package shows Summer Newman and Jessica Jones while the two torment each other and go to total war…]

“And where the world finds out… who is the best!]

[The last clips of the opening package show Jazmyn Rain and Kendra Classic, with Jazmyn distracting Kendra upon her defeat to Brittany Kayl and Kendra trapping Jazmyn in the kimura lock again and again…]

“Tonight…. Resurrection weekend… BEGINS!”

The scene cuts to ringside where the fans are going absolutely insane as the opening pyro goes off! They are definitely ready for some action as Resurrection weekend is about to begin! Once the broadcast cuts to the announce team and they welcome the global audience to the show, they cut it backstage before the first match of the night is about to begin...

Samuel Price stands backstage with Travis Vessey. The crowd roars as Travis looks on with determination.

Price: Samuel Price here with the Architect of Your Destruction Travis Vessey. Travis, this is it. Resurrection is finally here. You've been waiting for this moment, as the rest of the roster has been. The biggest night of the year.

Travis: That's right. It doesn't get much better than this. This is where you want to be. You want to be out there. You want to be on a stage like this. You want to be in the biggest moments, the biggest matches. That's what Resurrection is and that's what I'm about. That's what I want to be known for. My legacy. Moments like this. Times like this when the whole world is watching out there, watching at home, there's nothing like that feeling.

Price: And you've certainty have had your moments. Tonight, you will compete in the Global X match in which you can retrieve a briefcase for a variety of championships or you could end up empty handed. What are your thoughts going into this match?

Travis strokes his chin.

Travis: You know, this is my fourth Resurrection. I've been on this show four times. The first time, I was in the main event. I headlined this show and I competed for the chance to become a two time World Heavyweight Champion. I had goosebumps running up and down my body. I had the butterflies in my stomach. Less than a year from my debut, here I was in one of the main events. I didn't win and the fact that I wasn't pinned in that match too was a bitter pill to swallow. It was a hard lesson that I had to learn. To be so close yet so far away. I had to learn that night what it felt like to lose on the biggest stage.

And then the next year, I won the Tag Team titles. Became one of the youngest Triple Crown Champions this company ha ever seen. I was on a high. That didn't last, though. Nothing ever does. Last year, I could have won another championship but a certain nuiance got in my way and robbed me out of my chance. So basically Price, this show has taken me through the highs and through the lows. I've been on cloud nine and I've hit rock bottom. Now there's seven other wrestlers that's going to be in that ring tonight and they want the same thing as me. They all want a briefcase. But as I've pointed out, not everyone gets what they want. But as far as leaving empty handed...as far as Travis Vessey leaving tonight empty handed...Not. On. My. Watch.

Travis wags his finger.

Travis: Because tonight I wil not be denied of another Resurrection moment. I will...

Travis soon pauses and then chuckles a bit as he looks again. Price looks in the same direction as Queen Mamba steps into view. The crowd cheers. Travis looks on as Mamba stares at him.

Travis: Mamba...I didn't expect this. I didn't expect someone to interrupt my time.

Mamba: It's not your time...it's my time.

The crowd cheers.

Mamba: You're not the only one who's suffered a hard loss on this show. Last year, Chantelle CHambers stole a win from me. I've spent the last year trying to climb my way back to where I was before. And tonight is where I finally do, by doing through everyone in that ring to grab a briefcase. And that includes you

Travis smirks a bit as the crowd cheers.

Travis: Spunky as always. I respect that. I really do. Here's the thing. You alway talk about getting to the mountain. You always talk about wanting to get to the top. Mamba, I've already done it. I've already been there. I've headlined this show before. I've headlined a lot of shows. You want to be where I am.

Mamba: No...you're wrong. I don't want to be where you are...I want to push you to the rear view mirror so I can get there.

Travis: Good luck with that.

Mamba: I've already beaten you before. Remember?

The crowd oohs. Travis chuckles a bit as he runs a hand through his hair.

Travis: I do..I do. Two years ago. Key words two years ago. That was then. This is now. This is Resurrection. This is where you leave it all on the line. And I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure no one denies me of an opportunity. I've spent the last three years letting everyone else get them. Not tonight. Not to you. I know you got this chip on your shoulder, but I got a hold boulder on mine. Trust me Mamba, on this stage, no on in that ring is going to touch me.

Travis looks at Mamba as she looks at Price before looking back at Travis.

Mamba: You might think you're untouchable. But all I need is one chance, one moment, one shot to send you back to reality. Good luck.

Mamba walks away as Travis watches her leave. He then looks at Price.

Travis: Ah man, shame she didn't stick around for the best part. The fact that I already have created the blueprint in order for me to achieve my Resurrection moment. And let me tell you, it's going to be something no one will ever forget. So stay tuned and pay attention to my match. Because all of you will see your Resurrection moment of the ages. Courtesy of the Architect of Your Destruction.

Travis nods before he walks away too.

Global X Destiny Match

[As expected, Alan Monroe and Frederick Freeman immediately go at it. Caitlyn Perry and Kenny Perry work together against Queen Mamba and The Ginger Nation duo of Julia and Allison target Tigra. Vessey pairs off against Melanie McBride and Brittany Kayl goes after Aubrianna Powers. Eventually Sierra McBride and Karen McBride charge the ring to assist Melanie against Vessey. Powers and Kayl abandon their fight to help Vessey. Queen Mamba manages to fend off both Team Perry members and goes for the briefcases. Alan Monroe with a springboard spear to the outside of the ring! Both competitors are destroyed! Allison with Ferocious Fury and Enigma comes off with Journey into the Unknown onto Tigra! They both go up on opposite ends but Team Perry is right there to meet them in the center. Allison with a Ferocious Fate off the top of the cables to Caitlyn Perry! Enigma with an Enigma Driver to Kenny Perry off the top of the cables! Frederick Freeman pile drives Alan Monroe onto the exposed concrete, taking him out! He starts to celebrate a bit too early as Queen Mamba locks him in Toxin Chamber! Aubrianna Powers with The Powers That Be takes out Karen McBride. Brittany Kayl with My Bitch to Sierra McBride. Vessey with a Vessey Driver to Melanie McBride through the Eastern Slovak Announce table. Vessey and Powers then turn and double clothesline Kayl. Before any celebration can be done, Powers shoves Vessey into the steel ring post. She quickly climbs back into the ring and goes up top to the cables but Tigra is there as well. Tigra with a sunset flip power bomb off the cables to Aubrianna to the mat below! Allison with a chair shot to Tigra! Allison Lorraine scrambles up the cables and retrieves a briefcase! Brittany Kayl is up but is met by Team Perry. Caitlyn and Kenny with a Perrypalooza to Brittany! Kenny is drilled with a steel chair shot from Enigma but Caitlyn snatches the chair and drills Enigma with it. Caitlyn turns around into a springboard dropkick from Queen Mamba. Mamba clotheslines her out of the ring and then delivers a suicide dive plancha out of the ring onto Caitlyn Perry! Melanie McBride is attempting to climb the cables but so is Travis Vessey. Vessey and Melanie meet in the center at about the same time. Alan Monroe with a springboard spear attempting to take both out but only takes out Melanie! Travis Vessey comes down with a briefcase! Frederick Freeman in with a swinging neck breaker to Alan Monroe. Frederick Freeman with Wholesome Evaluator to Brittany Kayl! He climbs up to the cables and attempts to retrieve a briefcase but he is stopped but The Enigma who drops down off the cables onto Frederick with a hurricinrana off the cables, sending Frederick crashing down onto the mat. The Enigma struggles to get up but is met by a Ferocious Fate from Tigra! Tigra climbs across the cables and retrieves a briefcase! Alan Monroe takes Frederick Freeman and drives him through the Yiddish Announce Table with Rejection! Melanie McBride and Queen Mamba are going toe to toe in the center of the ring. Mamba gets drilled with Evolution from Melanie! She turns around and Kayl drills her with My Bitch! Kayl goes up to the cables and retrieves the final briefcase!

WINNERS: Allison Lorraine, Travis Vessey, Tigra, and Brittany Kayl

Backstage, the sexy blonde Hannah Myers stands in front of a Resurrection 7 back-drop, holding a microphone. The Vegas crowd mostly boo her, which she ignores. Her stare into the camera is intense as she starts to speak.

Hannah: "Destiny. There ain't much more to say. I know you feel I could have handled things better the past few months...and maybe I could have."

Myers shrugs.

Hannah: "I did what I felt was necessary at the time, and I'm not apologizing to you or anyone else. I'm tired of apologizing. It's my time to take what rightfully belongs to me. I am a Myers, damn it! I should be a GCW Tag-Team Champion right now! While I don't blame you for my being stripped of the belts, I do blame you for putting me in this situation. I blame you and the crybaby Russians and Allison Mayberry. You think I am feeling guilty for letting Controversy down? Isn't that what you said one week ago?"

Hannah starts to giggle.

Hannah: "It's a good thing you're cute...although not nearly as cute as me...because you're as stupid as you are a jinx. So, I have to get through you tonight to secure a spot in the Tag-Team title match Sunday night? Fine by me. I'll show the World that I'm better than you...then Sunday, I'll take back what I deserve! After tonight, Destiny, you and I are finished. Have fun being the fifth wheel with your Braddock buddies."

Hannah blows a kiss to the camera with a smirk and the scene shifts.

Resurrection cuts to Myra Lynwood and Jason Schneider in the locker room as the latter’s barbwire match with Adrian Waters is just moments away. Jason is intensely focused on the match, knowing that this is what he’s been waiting for, for quite some time. Both are pacing the room for a bit, but ultimately, it’s Myra that breaks the ice.

Myra: Jay?

Both stop pacing the room to look at each other.

Jason: Yes?

Myra: You have no idea how much I have been waiting for this night. I can’t wait… I really can’t. I move on from Adrian for good and finally, I can be at peace knowing that the worst husband I could ever have will no longer be able to drag me down!

Jason has a wide smirk on his face which is a clear indication that he liked what he just heard.

Jason: This is what you wanted and this is what I came here for. Poor fool… he has no idea what he is up against! He has no idea that I was and still am… the MAN! When I am in that ring, this is the Jason Schneider show and nothing else! Does he really think that stepping into that ring with me under these circumstances is a wise move? Because in all reality, Myra… he is committing a long… drawn out suicide being in there with me…

Myra chuckles at this.

Jason: You know what that’s like… you and I put each other through hell many years ago, remember?

Myra: I do!

Jason: There is no doubt in my mind that what you and I put each other through made you better… though it took you a few years to realize it, but I digress. But the point is… you get that pleasurable feeling in your gut knowing exactly what I have in mind for Adrian. And deep down? You know he’s not man enough to handle it!

Myra: I know he isn’t. Heck, he was never man enough to handle ME!

Jason: NOBODY is ever MAN ENOUGH to handle Myra Lynwood… except me of course….

Myra: EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!

Jason: Hey… HEY… trying to lighten the mood here. You know I actually don’t mean that! I’m just saying that no man knows you better than I do! And I know, Myra, that you’ve waited a long time for this.

Myra: Right.

Jason: So… any last requests before I end his career and likely put the final nail in the coffin that is your failed marriage to him?

Myra: I want to see it up close and personal!

Jason: Myra… I don’t need your help to beat HIM!

Myra: I don’t want to be in your corner to help you! You’re the KING OF MINDGAMES, Jay! This is YOUR kind of match! You got this! But I want to be there because after you take care of him… I’m going to sign our final divorce papers right above his bleeding, unconscious body… freeing me of him once and for all!

Jason smirks again.

Jason: BRILLIANT!!!! Just BRILLIANT! Oh you are so BAD!!!! You’ve really learned! I’m glad! Well, by all means join me out there! Now then… let’s stamp the Society of Vengeance’s rise at the expense of your about-to-be-ex-husband shall we?

Jason walks out of the locker room and Myra is not too far behind. Myra has a laugh to herself… knowing how everything will all play out… as the scene fades to black.

Hannah Myers vs. Destiny Skye

[This grudge match was really heated and serious as both Hannah and Destiny fought for the right to challenge for the GCW Tag Team Championships on Night Three of Resurrection. At the start of the match, the two brawled for quite some time. Hannah took control of the brawl when she grabbed Destiny by the hair and threw her down into the mat. Every time Hannah was in control of the match, she acted with the rage of a killer as she tried to do everything possible to wear her down and she would employ largely a power offense with a touch of submission torture. But, Destiny wasn’t going to go down easily. After surviving Hannah’s early onslaught, Destiny wasn’t giving up so easily. Whenever Destiny was in control, she would outpace Hannah with an aerial assault that would bewilder her quite a bit. Her fast paced offense really kept Hannah at bay. At one point, Hannah nearly won when she delivered a sit down powerbomb from the top rope! Similarly, Destiny nailed a corkscrew moonsault at one point and almost got a win that way. Late in the match, Destiny went for a buzzsaw kick, but Hannah ducked and the kick knocked out the referee instead. Hannah took control in the late stages, but Destiny wasn’t giving up. Hannah even nailed Destiny with a vicious piledriver! Hannah left the ring and went to grab a chair. The referee was slowly starting to stir. Destiny got up. Hannah swung the chair. MISS! The chair bounced off the top rope right into Hannah’s face which then lead to...the DESTINY! The RKO caused Hannah to bounce off the mat, with her face bouncing off the chair! Destiny slid the chair away as the referee came too, and then he turned to see the pin, making the three count.]

WINNER: Destiny Skye (Destiny challenges for the tag titles on Night 3 with a partner of her choice)

[Destiny got up to get her hand raised as the crowd gave her a roar of approval. The announcers began to immediately wonder who her tag team partner was going to be for Night 3 of Resurrection. Destiny began to celebrate with the crowd as the referee checked on Hannah Myers. While this was going on, the announce team began to point out that with the way things ended, Hannah quite possibly was going to have a reason to continue her grudge against Destiny Skye. For now though, Destiny had a determined look on her face, knowing she just advanced to the tag title match on Night Three Sunday night!]

ackstage, Samuel Price stands next to Adrian Waters, who is dressed for his upcoming match against Jason Schneider. The fans cheer Adrian, who looks focus and determined.

Samuel: "One of the more brutal matches here on Night 1 of Resurrection will likely be the barbed wire match between Adrian Waters and Jason Schneider. Adrian, adding barbed wire to this match was Jason's idea. How do you feel about the brutal element this will bring to your feud tonight?"

Adrian smirks.

Adrian: "You know, Mr. Price, I've always prided myself on being able to win matches using my superior intelligence. Let's face it, I certainly have the edge over Schneider where brains are concerned. But recently, I've been put in situations where I've had to forget brains and get downright physical. My Civil War match against Victoria, for example. I may not have won, but man, did that match ever prepare me for the more brutal elements of professional wrestling. Trust me when I say I'm ready for tonight's match and look forward to the chance to hurt Schneider."

Samuel: "There is a rumor that your estranged wife, Myra Lynwood, will be in Jason's corner. That has to be a distraction for you. How will you deal with that?"

Adrian sighs.

Adrian: "Yeah, I'd say it's more than a rumor. My soon-to-be ex-wife will almost certainly be in that jackass's corner. I've been mentally preparing for that possibility all week. I can't say that she won't be a distraction there. Hell man, I do still love her, even if I know deep down our marriage is over. Myra will never be happy with me, no matter what I do. I have to accept that. It's going to be an advantage for her new boy-toy, but in the end,it will be worth it when I break that stupid toy.""

Waters then stares intently into the camera.

Adrian: "Schneider, it's a shame your mind games worked on Myra and you somehow turned her not only against me but into a woman I no longer recognize. This goes beyond a professional rivalry at this point. I vowed to change my ways and put my life back together. I had hoped it would be with Myra, but you made damned sure that will never happen. Yes, I blame YOU for that! You made a grave mistake when you requested we brawl in a barbed wire match, because I WILL make you bleed! I WILL hurt you! I WILL make you regret EVER crossing Adrian Waters...new man or not! That is a promise."

(We cut to the backstage area. Julia Braddock then enters the scene from stage right. The beautiful blonde is wearing a form fitting strapless teal mini dress with lavish filigree patterning and a skirt that is plastered with sequins for a stunning finish. Her long blonde hair hangs down to below the shoulders in waves. Her feet are encased in strappy high heeled shoes. She faces forward with a knowing half-grin on her face. The GCW X Division Championship title belt is draped over her right shoulder. A look not of arrogance but of sheer confidence is etched across her lovely face.)

Julia: It’s been quite a ride, hasn’t it? One year ago today I was a bitter young woman, some would call me a jealous bitch, and I was jealous, jealous of my sister Glory and what she’s managed to achieve. I let those bitter, jealous feelings get to me. I let them eat away at my heart and soul until I wasn’t even a human being. I was something ugly. I was a monster, not better than some of the monsters running around GCW today. Like the monsters of today I was bitterly focused on one singular goal…the destruction and humiliation of my own sister, Glory Braddock.

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: No, it wasn’t a proud moment for me back then, but it did lead to one of the greatest accomplishments of my career. One year ago today I made Glory Braddock tap out in one on one competition. That jealousy and bitterness pushed me further into For Glory And Gold when Glory Braddock and I fought in an Iron Man Match that went beyond the sixty minute mark. That match earned me a nomination for match of the year and the feud itself earned a nomination for the Livewire Award.

(She grins knowingly.)

Julia: While I may have lost that night at For Glory and Gold, despite coming up short in the Iron Man Match, I earned the respect of my sister and my performance during the Resurrection match and the Iron Man Match that lasted longer than one hour eradicated those bitter and jealous feelings I once had by proving to myself that I was just as good as anyone else who steps into this ring. I proved that I am indeed among The Best in the World. And I went on to have one of the single best years in my GCW career.

(She pats the X Division Championship title belt that sits over her right shoulder.)

Julia: I went on to become GCW X Division Champion and I have held this title now for 230 days. That’s longer than any other former X Division Champion in the history of GCW. And I didn’t achieve that record through being a part time champion. I defended this title week in and week out against the best GCW has had to offer and still I stand as the GCW X Division Champion, still The Best in the World!

(Braddock nods her head.)

Julia: In two nights, on the 232nd day of my reign as GCW X Division Champion I get quite possibly my greatest challenge in the form of Darian Andrews.

(The crowd cheers in the background.)

Julia: Darian has definitely earned those cheers just as he has earned the right to face me for the X Division Championship on night three of Resurrection. His career has been like a rocket ever since arriving here in GCW. He is a former GCW World Tag Team Champion and last year won the Shotgun Award. This year he came in second place in the GCW Civil War Match to earn the right to challenge me for the X Division Title. His success speaks volumes about him as a competitor. He could very well get the job done.

(She shakes her head.)

Julia: But it won’t be easy. Darian, I want you to listen very close to what I have to say, because two nights from now not only am I facing my greatest challenge but you are facing your greatest challenge. A challenge greater than the Ginger Nation and Sisterhood at last year’s Resurrection, a challenge greater than the Civil War Match even. You face a member of the Braddock Wrestling Family and we are a hearty breed who refuse to stay down, who refuse to quit, and we are the type who make you dig down deeper into your soul to find that little something extra just to hang with us. If you want to become the X Division Champion, you’ll have to be better than you’ve ever been. You’ll have to raise your game to the next level.

(She hoists the X Division Championship high over her head.)

Julia: Because I have worked so damn hard to elevate this championship’s importance, I have worked so damn hard to defend this championship and to be the best damn X Division Champion I can be, and you can be damn sure that I will not give it up without a fight!

(She lets the title belt rest back over her shoulder. She chuckles lightly.)

Julia: Funny, one year ago I was fighting out of arrogance, out of bitterness, and out of jealousy. Now, one year later, I fight for the fans, I fight for this great division I represent, and I fight for GCW. Amazing how things can change in just one year’s time?

(The scene shifts.)

Backstage…

Samuel Price can be seen standing by with Isabella Harker.

Price: “Isabella… in a matter of moments, you’re going to embark on the first of what might be two Championship defenses this Resurrection weekend…”

Harker nods her head, patting the Championship belt resting on her shoulder.

Price: “It was a lofty prospect to endeavor… how do you feel going into tonight against a very game James R Knight?”

Harker: “Lofty? Sure… last year, I challenged for the GCW World Championship. There’s not much higher you could go than that, and I’m always up for a challenge. James R Knight? Sure… he made his intentions known as soon as he knew I wanted to defend this belt twice this weekend. I respect that. He also jumped me from behind, and has made himself a problem for me. That I have a problem with.”

She looks at her Championship.

Harker: “When I won this Championship, I made a vow to be the best damn International Champion in history. As of today, I have the longevity record. After this weekend, there’ll be no question… James… you’re up tonight. Good luck... you’ll need it.”

The scene shifts.

Barbwire Match
Adrian Waters vs. Jason Schneider

[Myra Lynwood was at ringside in Jason’s corner as the bell rang, which did nothing but boil the stakes in this huge grudge match. Adrian took control in the early going snapping on Jason, but Jason fought extremely well and with a barbwire lash to the calf by Myra, Jason was in control. A big spot early on was Jason spinebustering Adrian into a barbwire road sign! When Jason was in control throughout the match, he constantly tortured Adrian with submissions, some of which involved barbwire. When Adrian was in control, he’d use the barbwire to pound Jason into oblivion. He seemed to have it won when he blasted him across the head with a barbwire lead pipe, busting him open, but Jason kicked out of an ensuing cover. Myra would interfere at points, tipping the favor Jason’s way again. At one point, Adrian even scoop slammed Jason off the second rope through a barbwire table! Jason’s huge spot late in the match involved him giving Adrian a huge spinning sitout facebuster from the top rope and into a barbwire wrapped casket on the outside of the ring. Toward the end of a 20 minute bloodbath, both men were incredulously bleeding. Adrian gave Jason the Super Smart Elbow, but Jason kicked out. Myra interfered again, tipping control back in Jason’s favor and Jason grabbed the barbwire bat! Myra though, snatched it out of his hands and told him that SHE wanted to do the honors. Jason smirked as he stood aside, watching Adrian stand up slowly. Myra then swung...RIGHT INTO JASON’S SKULL!!! The crowd was stunned at this as Adrian stood up. Myra laid down the bat and Adrian lifted him up and… USE YOUR HEAD INTO THE BAT! Goodnight! Adrian dropped down for the pin and the win!]

WINNER: Adrian Waters

[The same fans that were cheering for Adrian were stunned… but that was just the beginning. Myra leapt into Adrian’s arms and the two began to have quite a make out session, revealing that their “marriage troubles” were nothing but a scam all alone! Myra and Adrian had quite the laugh at the crowd’s expense, but they weren’t done yet. They dragged Jason out of the ring and toward the barbwire wrapped casket, opening it by cutting the wire, tossing him in it, closing the casket and then wrapping it in MORE barbwire! The announce team acknowledged the ruse… but they wanted to know WHY? Myra and Adrian left together, as if they never had any issues at all!]

Resurrection cuts into the locker room and GCW North American Champion Andrea Hernandez is seen taping her wrists as she sits down with the championship belt right next to her. She is intensely focused on the Last Woman Standing match that she is to have with Jenni Anderson later in the night, but little does she know that she is not alone. Chelsea Summers… er… LeClair rather… walks into the room and stands in front of Andrea, obviously showing some support for her childhood friend.

Chelsea: Hey…

Andrea looks up at Chelsea and she’s quite surprise.

Andrea: Chels?

Andrea stands up.

Andrea: What are you doing here?

Chelsea: Oh come on… like I WASN’T going to be here for the biggest match of your career?

Andrea smirks and chuckles some.

Andrea: That’s a great point, and I do appreciate that.

Chelsea: This is the chance to finally put away the woman that almost destroyed your family’s legacy here! You beat her, she’s done with GCW!

Andrea: You’re partially right. I do think that if I win, she’ll be gone but… I’ve got to be honest with you Chels… this isn’t about that anymore.

Chelsea: Huh?

Andrea: I mean… it didn’t even start out that way. This started when she offered me the ten grand to lie down for her. My family became involved later on, but I do admit that I didn’t lie down for her because I felt like it would be the biggest stain I could ever leave on its legacy. But then I realized something, Chelsea…

Chelsea: What’s that?

Andrea: The longer I have been at war with Jenni Anderson… the more detached I’ve become from my family’s tradition. Don’t get me wrong, I love my family to death and I always will, but I have grown over the last few months to the point where my family and everything they’ve done for this business doesn’t solely define me as a professional wrestler anymore. This isn’t about my family at this point. In my book, I avenged them when I won this championship to begin with.

Chelsea: What does any of this even mean, though? What does that make tonight all about?

Andrea: This…

Andrea grabs the championship and slings it over her shoulder!

Andrea: I know what this championship means to me! You and I both know the torture and the absolute hell I had to go through to win this championship and to finally have that breakthrough moment that I had longed YEARS for! And I’m not going to lie… much of it hurt…

Chelsea: I’m so sorry…

Chelsea has a look of regret in her eyes knowing she played a role in it.

Andrea: Don’t be! It’s already been forgiven. Besides, all of the torture and the absolute hell I went through… it made me better, it made me stronger and when it’s all said and done, tonight is the night I show Jenni and the world exactly the professional wrestler I have grown to become through ALL of it! This championship signifies ALL of that growth and tonight it’s about keeping it and showing the world that not only is the Sedona Sky the limit for me, but that Andrea Hernandez is one of the brightest, rising young wrestlers in GCW and professional wrestling! Jenni… *sighs*... she’s been the personification of that adversity and tonight? I overcome it… one… last… time!

Chelsea smiles and extends her arms and Andrea reciprocates as the two exchange a hug!

Chelsea: You’ve inspired me so much, Andi! You have no idea! I mean, you’ve inspired me so much that… well… I got big news for you.

The two break their hug.

Andrea: Oh?

Chelsea: I’ll tell you after your match, okay? I know you want to be super focused on this! This is Resurrection after all and I know how much it all means to you! So… go out there and show Jenni and the world what “Sedona Sky” is truly about!

Andrea: I sure will!

Andrea chuckles with confidence before she takes the championship and walks out of the locker room ready to settle the score one way or another with Jenni Anderson once and for all.

(We cut backstage to the dressing room. Summer Newman is cowering on the floor, curled up in the fetal position.)

Summer: No, I can’t do this! I won’t do this! You can’t make me! You just can’t!

(She shakes her head.)

Summer: Not gonna wrestle! Not gonna wrestle!

(Just then the door to the dressing room and Aubrianna Powers walks in. She stares down at Summer and smirks.)

Aubriannna: Well, well, well…look at what we have here! The once great Summer Newman now lies on the floor before me a sniveling mass of garbage. A pathetic pile of filth not even worthy to lace my boots. But then again, I already proved that you weren’t worthy of lacing my boots last Livewire when I kicked your ass from pillar to post.

(Summer shoots up to a seated position and looks up pleadingly at Aubrianna.)

Summer: You have to help me!

Aubrianna: No, I don’t. Jessica Jones-Lasiewicz is YOUR problem, not mine. I dealt with her twice, I beat her twice, why can’t you beat her even once? Oh yeah, that’s right, because you are lame. You are a loser.

(Powers walks off scoffing.)

Aubrianna: You should go back to being a cheerleader. At least then you were halfway entertaining.

(The scene shifts.)

GCW International Championship
Isabella Harker (champion) vs. James R. Knight

[Once the bell rang, there was no holding back as Isabella was extremely determined to have her Resurrection weekend moment and Knight was as equally determined to take it away from her with one of his own. When the champion was in control, she was clearly on it as she wore out Knight with a submission and aerial strategy. However, when it was the challenger that was in control, James wanted nothing but to punish Isabella as much as he could and with a power based assault, particularly in the early going, that’s exactly what he did. Knight was a confident challenger, showboating as he could, but Isabella in this match proved to be a prideful, fighting champion. One big spot had Harker leaping into the air from the top rope and converting a springboard senton attempt into a facebuster which caused the crowd to explode. Similarly, Knight’s big spot had him taking Isabella down with an electric chair facebuster from the top rope that nearly knocked the champion out and even silenced the crowd. Toward the end of the match, Knight nailed Harker with the snapmare driver. Then he followed up with the KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! Cover… NO! She kicked out! Knight tried to pick her up off the mat, but no… Isabella countered and LOCKED IN THE BEASTLY BINDINGS! Knight greatly struggled with the hold for 30 seconds… 60…. 90…. 120…. 150…. 180… but he GRABBED THE BOTTOM ROPE! Harker couldn’t believe he was able to withstand her signature submission for those three minutes. At the end of the match, Knight knocked down Harker with a superkick. Knight stepped through the apron and measured Harker. Harker slowly stood up. Knight then springboarded off the top and…. THE STAKE OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!!!! Harker NAILED Knight with a vicious heart punch while he was in midair and Knight crashed into the mat in a heap! The fans completely exploded as Harker turned Knight over and got the three count!]

WINNER and STILL GCW International Champion: Isabella Harker

[Isabella Harker was completely battered and beaten after having taken the very best that she could from James R. Knight who was still out cold after taking that Stake right in the heart. The announcers broke down what happened and praised both wrestlers for an incredible, hard hitting International Championship match. Harker stood up and got her hand raised as she was handed the championship. She was clearly happy but… not for long… Morgan Valentine ran in from behind and blasted her with an Axe Handle! Morgan then picked up Isabella and gave her the Valentine’s Heartbreak… her cousin’s well-known finisher, right in the center of the mat. The fans viciously booed her as she picked up the title and raised it in the air. The announce team condemned her actions, but they knew Morgan couldn’t resist a window of opportunity to gain an advantage for Sunday.]

Resurrection cuts in on GCW Heritage Champion Casey Holliday as she is already dressed to compete. She’s got the championship around her waist as she stands in the catering area and she’s also exuding quite the confidence, particularly in light of Team Casey’s victory over Team Nate last week on Shotgun. The catering area is filled with festive decorations like a “Congratulations Casey” banner, food and drinks, tables decorated with velvet green tablecloths and a covered frame in the distance. Casey turns toward the cameras, realizing they are on her, as she smirks and speaks.

Casey: Tonight is going to be a night of celebration! That’s because I, Casey Holliday, am going to make Nate Lawson tap out and win this war over the Heritage Championship once and for all! You could have avoided all this Nate! All you had to do was leave me alone and move on with your life and career! But no… you couldn’t do that, could you? You had to keep pestering me… you had to keep harassing me, but at the end of the day, tonight, when I make you my bitch, you are going to know exactly why I am the prodigy of my generation! Was last week’s five on five not proof enough for you, Nate? Of course, YOU had to be the sore loser because you couldn’t handle the fact that I outsmarted you! So, I WILL have my win over you and I WILL have my celebration! I even had my mother and her marketing agency hook me up with special commemorative merchandise! Here… I’ll show you the grand tour…

Casey begins to walk toward the tables lined up near a wall on the east side of the catering area.

Casey: I’m not going to spend any time with all the food and drink, that’s whatever… I am directing you to here….

Casey smirks as she stops by the end table with three cardboard boxes, all having been pre-cut and opened!

Casey: In order to commemorate the biggest win of my career…. I reveal to you… merchandise you will buy on GCW.com AFTER this night is over… starting with…

Casey opens the box and pulls out a t-shirt that says “Nate Lawson is my B****”

Casey: That is what you have been for the last few months and that is what I am going to solidify once and for all! Every time you have tried to take this championship from me, you have failed! I don’t blame you for being bitter at every turn! Sadly, it drove you to doing what you did to my father… but… whatever… anyway…

Casey opens the next box pulling out a cap that says “Casey Holliday: STILL Heritage Champion”

Casey: I think this is self-explanatory! A bull that’s about to break down against the prodigy of her generation… who has never submitted? PLEASE!!!!

She then puts down the cap and opens the last box, pulling out a DVD that says “Nate Lawson: The Commemorative Collection of Failure” on the title.

Casey: And hey… I wanted to make a tribute to you by making you a new DVD highlighting the biggest failures of your career… I mean… your loss to me tonight will be the most focused upon in grand detail… about 90 percent of this but STILL… it’ll be a Christmas best-seller like….

Casey puts down the DVD and walks to the covered easel, removing the cover and revealing a magazine cover that says “Casey Holliday: How the Prodigy of Her Generation Defeated Nate Lawson at Resurrection!”

Casey: I can’t wait to do the exclusive interview for this because oh my gosh, so many stories to tell…

Dexter: And speaking of exclusive interviews…

Casey is caught off guard some by the presence of interviewer Dexter Russell.

Dexter: You’ve got quite the celebration and merchandise to celebrate an occasion that hasn’t happened yet…

Casey: Dexter? Um…

Dexter: You promised me an exclusive interview tonight.

Casey: Right… about that. Listen, I am running out of time on giving the minions their grand tour so… that interview I promised you, it’s going to have to wait.

Dexter doesn’t seem amused, but he nods anyway.

Dexter: I understand. You need as much time as possible to prepare for your title defense.

Casey: Exactly! BUT… I PROMISE YOU… that AFTER my match… I will give you that interview! It’ll be the BEST VICTORY INTERVIEW EVER!!!! I’ll even allow you to be part of the inevitable festivities! Sound good?

Dexter: Sure…

Casey: Good! I’ll see you back here when I make Nate Lawson my bitch once and for all!

Casey brushes by Dexter and walks away, leaving the interviewer to glance around the room for a bit.

Dexter: One way or another… this scene is going to be something after the Heritage Championship match comes and goes.

Dexter remains where he is for the moment and continues to observe his surroundings as the scene fades.

(We cut backstage to the dressing room area. Summer Newman is off the floor now but it is clear that she is still upset, as she is pacing the floor nervously.)

Summer: I’m gonna die…she’s gonna kill me…I’m gonna die…

“Stop the whining.”

(Summer stops pacing and turns towards the voice. We don’t see who it is but Summer seems to smile.)

Summer: It’s you! I knew you’d come! I knew you’d help me!

“I’m here but you don’t need my help. You forget who you are. Before you married Neil Newman, before you joined the Purity Movement, you were Summer Collins, a ruthless, cutthroat, power hungry, monster willing to do anything to win.”

(Summer’s face starts to grow more and more confident.)

Summer: That’s right!

“I think you know exactly what to do.”

Summer: Damn right I do! I’m going to destroy Jessica!

(The scene shifts.)

GCW North American Championship - Last Woman Standing
Andrea Hernandez (champion) vs. Jenni Anderson

[This. Was. A. War. The rivalry between Andrea and Jenni truly came to a head and while it started out as a catch-as-catch-can style match, it wasn’t that way for long. As expected, the North American Champion focused on the speed advantage that she had, setting the pace in her favor whenever she was in control. Jenni on the other hand, would slow down the pace when she had the chance and would try to wear out the legs of Andrea with submissions as much as she could to limit her high-flying ability. Yet, as expected, the match turned violent. Jenni would attack the right knee of Andrea with a crowbar. Andrea would fight back by beating Jenni in the chest with a lead pipe. Jenni Adora-bombed Andrea through a table, getting a 9 count, but Andrea got up in the nick of time. Andrea responded in kind with a frogsplash from a ladder that sent Jenni through an announce table, but Jenni just barely got up. The match spilled into the crowd, and into the concourse. Jenni had a 9 count when she suplexed Andrea through a vendor cart and likewise, Andrea had a 9 count of her own when she gave Jenni an electric chair into a cotton candy machine. The match eventually went back into the crowd. Jenni delivered a Kick Me Deadly sending a mirror right into Andrea’s face and busting her open. The referee got all the way up to 9.5 before Andrea was just BARELY able to get up. Jenni went for it again, but it got ducked and countered into a suplex. At the end of the match, the fight got to a balcony where both wrestlers were on edge. Jenni was about to throw Andrea off, but Andrea blocked her move. Andrea then grabbed Jenni and… SUPERPLEX OFF THE SECOND LEVEL BALCONY THROUGH PRODUCTION CABLES, MONITORS AND TABLES!!!! Both women were knocked out! The referee counted. At 7, no signs of life. At 8, someone was stirring. 9, someone was at their knees 9.5… Andrea got up!!!!! 10!!!! That’s it! “Holy shit” chants went through the building after what they just saw!]

WINNER (and STILL GCW North American Champion): Andrea Hernandez

[Andrea was bloodied and battered, but at the end of the day, she was still the GCW North American Champion. She didn’t celebrate much with the referee helping her and handing her the title. EMT’s immediately went on the scene. Some helped Andrea get through the crowd and to the back as the fans applauded her with huge cheers. Those that didn’t help Andrea were helping Jenni as she was out cold. A stretcher came out for her as the announce team took in the war that they just witnessed. Jenni was put on the stretcher and was wheeled away, but the crowd actually applauded her in appreciation with the announce team noting, and the fans knowing, that Jenni had said that if she didn’t regain the title, she’d never compete in a GCW ring again. Still, the fans had clear appreciation for the war that just took place.]

Resurrection cuts to Jazmyn Rain who is leaning against the wall in the locker room. She’s already scheduled to compete in the main event of night one, sporting a special white wrestling get-up with a silver, glitter gradient added. Two years ago at Resurrection, Jazmyn was jittery and nervous. But not tonight! She has some things running through her head as she takes a deep breath and expresses her thoughts.

Jazmyn: Misconceptions… those have always been prevalent in our business and I’ve been on the receiving end of them time and time again. I had some time to think about what Kendra Classic said two weeks ago. I admit, they bothered me some. Where do I even begin? How in the world can Kendra Classic, the GCW Global Champion, feel marginalized? If I’m not mistaken, Kendra has been at or near the main event at almost every Livewire since she won the championship from me. Where does she get the notion from that I’m making this “my story” and that Civil War was a part of that? Yes, I’ve always wanted that flagship main event win, but never in any way have I marginalized Kendra. How can I? For her faults and for her rotten ways of doing things, she’s one of the best pure wrestlers on Livewire! I will give her that! The names of people she’s beaten since she arrived on the scene, mine included, is extraordinarily impressive. So, in a sense, does she have the right to call herself the best on Livewire?

She does!

And you know what Kendra, we’re going to go with that because if that’s what you want this match to be about, then… by all means! I am not the kind of wrestler that goes out for the purpose of “being the best”. While the first time I won that championship was for that purpose, the second time wasn’t. It’s not in my nature to have that purpose. I’m far past that point in my career. But if you want to make that claim? By all means Kendra… make that claim!

Jazmyn pauses and smiles.

Jazmyn: Make it all you want, because when I beat you and win back the Global Championship, that means that I beat the best! You may have been better than me at Civil War… you DID outsmart me after all… but tonight, you will NOT be better than me! You’re not going to walk away with the Global Championship! Yes, you’ve made an impact! Yes, you’ve built yourself up from the ground up beating so many big names along the way! Heck, I’ll even agree with you on saying that this match tonight is about being the GCW Global Champion. But for as many good points as you made…

Jazmyn pauses again, sighing and shaking her head.

Jazmyn: ...you had just as many misconceptions! You attack MY integrity! Wanting to realize a dream doesn’t mean I only care about me! It has NEVER been like that! Last year, at Resurrection, for this company and its fans, I led the charge to bring Utopia down! I won my second championship from someone that had put my friends through a lot of hell and tonight? Every friend of mine that you’ve wronged? I’m going to avenge! You’re no bit player in someone else’s story. You never were! Nobody ever said you were! What you are… in your words… is “the best”! Tonight is your chance to prove that once and for all in our “pure rules match”. All you have to do is beat me!

But in the end, I know deep down in my heart that you won’t! I’ve got every ounce of faith in the world that when tonight’s over, I will be the GCW Global Champion!!!!

The fans erupt at Jazmyn’s words as she lightly pushes herself off the wall to leave the locker room area. Once she leaves, the scene fades out.

Nate Lawson: “It’s been one year.”

The scene rises up backstage, where Nate Lawson, tonight’s challenger for the GCW Heritage Championship, can be seen standing in front of a backdrop.

Lawson: “One year since I walked into Resurrection as Television Champion and walked out empty-handed, having failed in my bid to become the first Heritage Champion. And while that night wasn’t my night, I didn’t actually LOSE that match, just like I didn’t lose the Television Title, which was retired prior to my match with Dominic Baine, who would win the match, and Travis Vessey, who would eat the pin.”

He nods.

Lawson: “Still, I walked away from Resurrection empty-handed. Three months later, I challenged Baine one on one for the Championship, and on that night Casey Holiday entered GCW, ensuring that I lost that match. And ever since then, Casey has gone out of her way to be a nuisance, attempting to push my career further and further downhill. In December, she pinned Marie Jones to win the Heritage title in a match that I was in. The only thing is that night is the one that showed exactly who Casey Holiday really is. She isn’t a Queen. She isn’t a Prodigy. She isn’t the Face of a Generation. No… these buzzwords have permeated through GCW for a long time with various people. But on that night, Casey Holiday revealed what she IS…”

Lawson scowls into the camera.

Lawson: “A Daddy’s Girl. Because on that night, it wasn’t her own action that brought her the Championship. I had that match WON when her father stormed into the ring and cost me that match. Her father won her the Championship… and again I was empty-handed without actually LOSING the match. Then came Civil War…”

Lawson shakes his head.

Lawson: “What can I really say about Civil War? She escaped with the Championship through the skin of her teeth, but again it took her father’s interference and her girlfriend’s assistance to get the job done… WITHOUT. BEATING. ME. If there’s one theme to carry through Casey’s reign, it should be that she uses the people around her to sneak away, and that she hasn’t beaten Nate Lawson. Which brings us to tonight. One year later.”

Nate smirks.

Lawson: “Tonight I finally get what I wanted all along: A legitimate, straight-up, one on one shot. There’ll be no girlfriend… no father… no one that will tip the scales in Casey’s favour. Tonight, it’s one on one and a submission match. I’m really sorry for everyone who’s had to read Casey Holiday’s inane rantings on Twitter, and I’m really sorry for everyone who’s going to read her meltdown after tonight, but I’m not leaving Resurrection tonight without the GCW Heritage Championship. Tonight, one thing happens…”

Another grin curls onto Nate’s lips.

Lawson: “Casey. Taps. Out.”

With that, he exits the scene and we shift…

GCW Heritage Championship
Submission Match
Casey Holliday (champion) vs. Nate Lawson

[Casey and Nate had certainly had one classic rivalry going into Resurrection over the last few months and it would all culminate in a wrestling clinic for the ages with the prestigious Heritage Championship on the line. Of course, Nate, being the more experienced competitor, would be the one in control at the start of the match. Casey didn’t seem to be a match for him in the early going and of course, Nate went with submissions that targeted the arm. But, when Casey was in control, she was able to show just how great of a wrestler she was in her own right. Casey’s submissions largely focused on the calf/knee area, also as a way to keep Nate grounded as much as she could. Nate at various points had Casey trapped in submissions like a crucifix armbar, an abdominal stretch and a cross face, but the champion was able to find her way to the bottom rope every single time. Likewise, Casey had Nate trapped in submissions like a kneebar, a Boston crab and an ankle lock with a grapevine attached, but it wasn’t enough to put the hungry challenger away. Nate was nearly caught when he tried to powerslam Casey, yet Casey countered by slipping behind him and nailing him with a backbreaker, then applying a sharpshooter! Yet, Nate still willed his way toward the bottom rope. Casey was furious, but then brought down Nate with the Stock Plunge, before applying a Calf Crusher! Nate was in the hold for an agonizing 3-4 minutes yet SOMEHOW was able to get to the bottom rope and grab it. Casey was irate and broke the hold, then left the ring to collect the championship. She went back into the ring knowing that submission matches had no DQ’s and measured Nate as he stood up. She went to blast him with the title but… he DUCKED! Nate booted her in the gut causing her to drop the title. Clothesline. Miss. Armdrag… blocked… countered… HIP TOSS…. ELITE GOGOPLATA!!!!!! Nate surprised Casey out of nowhere with the Elite Gogoplata in the center of the ring and the fans completely exploded. Casey screamed in massive agony as she tried very hard to will her way to the bottom rope but she couldn’t move an inch. Nate merely pulled back harder as Casey started to fade. After a few minutes...Casey went limp, only to get one last second wind… one last desperate reach that wasn’t even close… AND THEN SHE TAPPED OUT!!!!!!]

WINNER and NEW GCW Heritage Champion: Nate Lawson

[Nate released the hold and exhaled as the crowd went absolutely nuts for what they just witnessed. Nate turned and saw the title that not only Casey tried to use against them, but after all this time… he FINALLY won! He stood up, picking up the title along the way and raised it in the air for a huge pop as an expression of relief was on his face. Finally… he put down his biggest nuisance in Casey Holliday! And finally… after being screwed out of it again and again dating back to Resurrection last year… Nate Lawson was the GCW Heritage Champion and the celebration was definitely on as he stood above Casey and raised the title over his head!]

(We cut to the boiler room area of the arena. It’s dark and damp with barely any light but just enough to see the beautiful young black haired woman who steps into the scene. It’s Jessica Jones-Lasiewicz, dressed mostly in black with a black trench coat. She stares deep into the camera with an almost devilish smile on her face.)

Jessica: The time is up, Summer. Your time has run out. There is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. You have no one to help you. Tonight you will go into the ring and come face to face with your judge, jury, and executioner. But The Archangel of Purity always upholds justice and as with any court of law, a criminal will be notified of what he or she is being charged with…

(She points a finger at the camera.)

Jessica: …Summer, you are being charged with manipulation. It started out honest enough, you and I were the best of friends, former tag team champions, and we did everything together. We even suffered together when we were forced to temporarily retire and be the full time cheerleaders of Golden Era. But neither one of us were cowardly enough to abandon the other. We stuck it out until we earned our freedom and we began wrestling again. It was then that you met Loretta Inglewood and was brought into the Purity Movement.

(She nods her head.)

Jessica: To this day I have no idea what Loretta Inglewood told you, taught you, or did to you in those early days of your allegiance to her, but whatever it was you took it and you ran with it beyond anything even Loretta Inglewood imagined. You took her lessons and you used them to manipulate others in the same way you once were manipulated. Vengeance can be overlooked but only if you target those who wronged you, instead you manipulated the innocent in order to make yourself feel better and, worse still, to gain power. You put together your own gang of thugs full of individuals you manipulated. The list of those you manipulated is legendary; Caitlyn Perry, Janice King, and even your own sister-in-law Meagan Collins, all were victims of your manipulation. And let’s not forget poor Crystal Swift. Her mind was ruined because of your actions and your manipulation! But you weren’t done, were you?

(She shakes her head.)

Jessica: Years later you returned aligned with Loretta Inglewood and Gabriela Austin under the banner of Pure Class. You even convinced me to join your group. You convinced me by telling me the lie that ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’, you convinced me by telling me you were my friend again, that you were the Summer of old. But would the Summer of old have manipulated Gabriela Austin by not filling her in on what you did to me? You didn’t even tell Loretta Inglewood until AFTER the deed had already been done. And then there is the deed itself…would the Summer of old have purified her best friend?

(She glares angrily at the camera.)

Jessica: I remember all too well about the days after you first left Loretta Inglewood. You told me how it felt when you were Purified, about what it was like to be her thrall. And then you did that same thing to me?

(Lasiewicz shakes her head.)

Jessica: Manipulation at it’s very worst. And now that you’ve been informed of your crimes, I can now pronounce judgment.

(She points at the camera.)

Jessica: Guilty! Guilty on all counts! Tonight I shall be your executioner and there truly is no better executioner than The Archangel of Purity, because what you did to me, what you did to my brain, has been done to both of us now. So you should know as well as I do that once it has been done, it can never be fully reversed. At least some of the change remains.

(She smirks knowingly.)

Jessica: Now keep that in mind and try to follow along, Summer, because I am arriving at my final point shortly. You see, we were once great friends and great tag team champions. If anyone knows me it’s you. You know me as well as anyone else, almost as well as my own family knows me. So you know better than anyone else just how violent I can be. You know about the demons that reside in the deepest, darkest, recesses of my soul. And you know what happens when those demons get unleashed. That is why you’re scared, that is why you are frightened beyond anything else you’ve ever been afraid of before in your life.

(She points into her own eyes.)

Jessica: You look into my eyes and realize that what you did to me has made me worse! It made those demons worse! It made that darkness worse! I am no longer The Archangel, I am The Archangel of Purity, and that is a far worse creature than you’ve ever had to deal with, and yes, far worse even that The Archangel itself. I am going to strike down the impure, I am going to spill their blood over this planet, and you are going to be the first, Summer…Dobranoc…

(The scene shifts.)

We cut backstage where we find Hall of Fame journalist and senior journalist Janice King. With her are the four winners of the global x match; Travis Vessey, Tigra, Brittany Kayl, and Allison Lorraine.

King: Your senior GCW journalist and the only journalist good enough for the Hall of Fame is here! All Ears On Me!

The four athletes roll their eyes.

King: I am with the four winners of tonight’s Global X match, or at least three of you are winners. One of you got the wrong case! So let’s find out who the big winners are and who the loser is!

She points to Tigra.

King: Tigra receives…

She opens the case...it says “destiny”

King: The Destiny Case goes to Tigra! Next up is Brittany Kayl!

Kayl opens her case...it reads undercard title shot.

King: Brittany Kayl gets an undercard title shot! We’re down to two! We’ll open them at the same time! On three...one, two, three!

Vessey and Allison both open their cases. Travis grins as he sees “World Title Shot” in his case. But Allison sighs with disappointment as her case is empty.

King: Congratulations Travis Vessey! And Allison...sucks to be you!

Tigra approaches Allison and pats her destiny case.

Tigra: I’ll be in touch, cousin. Count on it.

The scene shifts.

Jessica Jones vs. Summer Newman

[Jessica starts out fast and furious against Summer Newman with an explosive fury of kicks and strikes. She then starts to slow the pace down by targeting Summer’s already injured leg. Dragon screw leg whips, chop blocks, cannonballs, and even viciously wrapping it across the steel ring post. Jessica with a leg grapevine. Jessica goes to lock in the Four Card Trick but Summer counters by kicking her in the butt, sending her shoulder first into the steel ring post. Summer with an arm bar takedown. Summer with a fujiwara arm bar. Summer with a hammerlock. She converts it into a hammerlock suplex. Summer with a fujiwara arm bar again. Summer with a shoulder breaker. Summer locks in the Chapter Seven Crossface. Jessica eventually reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Summer reapplies the hold. Jessica eventually counters by rolling over into a pinning combination…1…2…3NO! Summer breaks the hold just in time! They both pop up at about the same time but Summer puts Jessica down with The Bear Market! Summer with Summer’s End! A cover…1…2…3NO! Jessica kicks out! Summer is stunned! She goes for it again but Jessica counters by shoving her off into the ropes and hits flapjack. Jessica with Our Lady Peace! Jessica locks in The Four Card Trick! To her credit, Summer does reach the ropes. Summer rolls to the outside and pulls herself up. She starts to back her way up the ramp and it’s then that she spots Loretta Inglewood on her way down as well. Summer smirks knowingly, thinking she has someone to save her…only Loretta snatches her by her neck and tights and drags her back to the ring! Loretta throws her back into the ring! Summer gets up and looks down shockingly at Loretta. Jessica sneaks up from behind and drops Summer with Pure Deformation! The cover…1…2…3!]

WINNER: Jessica Jones-Lasiewicz

[Jessica isn’t finished. She takes Summer and drags her back to the Cajun French Announce Table. She sets Summer up and drives her head first through the announce table with Pure Deformation! Mon Dieu! Garde des don! Jessica pulls herself out of the rubble and walks away with Loretta Inglewood in tow.]

Resurrection fades in on Dexter Russell who just arrived in the catering area.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, as promised, an exclusive interview with Casey Holliday after her championship defense against Nate Lawson. However… the circumstances… well…

Dexter walks in and observes a wrecked catering area.

Dexter: ...holy crap!!!

Dexter sees the “Congratulations Casey” banner on the floor, a few wrecked tables, the food and drink spilled all over the floor, all of the “commemorative merchandise” damaged, destroyed or ruined, and the frame consisting of the magazine cover completely shattered, tossed aside on the floor and irreparably broken.

Dexter: Well, this is some kind of celebration, if I say so myself…

Dexter has more to say at the moment, but he pauses as he hears some crying in the distance…

Dexter: Wait a minute…

Dexter walks to the southeast corner of the room, in the direction of the shattered magazine frame and as he walks behind the easel, he happens to find Casey Holliday… the former Heritage Champion… spirit shattered and all! She lies in the corner, holding her arm, tears and blurred mascara all over her face.

Dexter: Casey???

Casey: ...get away from me…

Dexter: But you promised me an exclusive interview…

Casey: ...how can I talk to you when I… I… I feel so….

Dexter: Humiliated?

Casey nods.

Casey: This is the most humiliating experience of my entire career!

Casey shakes and continues to cry.

Dexter: To be a bit blunt, perhaps you had this coming for months considering everything you had put Nate Lawson through. Besides, it’s not even all that bad. Nate Lawson is one of the best pure wrestlers in GCW. There’s no shame in losing a championship match at Resurrection to him.

Casey: Liar…

Dexter: Casey, come on! You can’t be shaken up by this. Besides, you have a rematch for that title as well! Assuming you stay on Shotgun past the upcoming draft, there’s every reason to believe that you can get that championship right back from Nate Lawson.

Casey: I don’t… I don’t want to think about that right now! I just… I just want to be alone… I’ve had some rough losses but… this is the worst of them all…

Dexter: Casey, there’s no need to be overdramatic. You can use this to improve and perhaps build yourself up as a World Championship contender…

Casey: Just go….

Dexter: Casey…

Casey: GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!

Dexter cringes a bit as he leaves Casey shaking and crying in the corner while she still holds onto her arm. He steps far enough away from Casey to where he believes she won’t hear him and continues.

Dexter: Well folks… as they say… what goes around comes around and karma really hit the now former Heritage Champion… Casey Holliday…. INCREDIBLY hard!!!!

Casey: I HEARD THAT!!!!!

Dexter: Back to you guys… and big congratulations to Nate Lawson… the NEW Heritage Champion….

Dexter bolts from the shattered celebration as soon as Casey lets out a blood-curdling scream. The now former-champion is clearly devastated with her ego being completely shattered as the scene abruptly fades.

Moments before the main event of night one of Resurrection is slated to begin, Jazmyn Rain is walking down the hallway, noticeably stretching out the left arm that has been targeted by the kimura lock by Kendra Classic repeatedly over the last couple of Livewires. Still, she’s confident in herself, and her demeanor shows little, if any, sign of worry or doubt. Her concentration however, is briefly broken by the sudden appearance of Victoria Salinas and Jazmyn can only pause and smile, almost as if she’s experiencing a de ja vu moment all over again!

Jazmyn: Why does this seem so familiar?

Victoria: It’s the same movie again, isn’t it?

Jazmyn: As far as you and I go, yes.

Victoria: I don’t think I need to remind you that you’ve come such a long way in the last two years and that nobody, not even Kendra Classic, can take that away from you, do I?

Jazmyn laughs before answering.

Jazmyn: No, you don’t need to do that. I remember the talk you and I had two Resurrections ago and how shaky and unconfident I was and how it all went down.

Victoria: And now? Two years later? You have your one chance to right that wrong!

Jazmyn: No Vicky… with all due respect, you’re wrong.

Victoria raises her eyebrows.

Victoria: What do you mean?

Jazmyn: It’s not about that. It was never about that. Yes, I do want to do what I didn’t do two years ago, but never has what happened in St. Louis ever been a factor in trying to regain the Global Championship. Yet, there’s a question NOW… as then… that has been weighing on my mind… oddly…

Victoria: Before I ask… it’s not a doubt-related question is it? I know a while ago, you were worrying about whether this might be your best opportunity to make this dream of yours happen.

Jazmyn: No, it’s nothing like that. It’s just something I’ve had to consider, you know? Is this really about being the best? I know that winning the Global Championship, in theory, would enable me to declare myself that… but you know me, Vicky! That’s not what I am about. This has never been about “being the best” for me because it’s not in my nature anymore to want to strive for that! It’s always been about being an inspirational champion of the people for me! Yes, this match… it’s about the Global Championship. But should it be about declaring yourself the best?

Victoria takes a minute or two to ponder the question that was presented to her.

Victoria: Jazmyn… I’m going to set the record straight for you. In my book, you have been one of the best on the Livewire brand in the last three years, bar none! Like Malcolm Cross and Tim Myers, you’ve won two Global Championships. Should you win tonight… then that, in my view anyway, takes you from being “one of the best” on Livewire in the last three years, to THE BEST on Livewire in the last three years. You win tonight, you become the first three-time Global Champion in GCW history. And also? I think your fans see you as the best… whether it’s as the best wrestler… the best champion… the best person… the best inspiration…

And you know you have some that consider you their best friend! Basically, what I am getting at is… there’s nothing wrong with being “the best”. There’s nothing wrong with being proud of that. As long as you don’t allow it to consume you, you’re okay. And Jaz… you would never let such a thing consume you!

Jazmyn doesn’t respond immediately as she thinks about what Victoria just told her. She knows that a piece of history is on the line and she knows that some fans do see her as “the best”... even if those aren’t her primary pursuits in this business.

Jazmyn: I wouldn’t! While being the “best wrestler” has never been my M.O., I’ve always strived to be “the best champion of the people”...

Jazmyn sighs and smiles, finally realizing she has answered her quandary.

Jazmyn: And tonight? When I beat the very best on Livewire in Kendra Classic, that’s exactly what I am going to be: the best champion of the people! I do it by realizing a dream, and by once more inspiring those that have always inspired me back! I’m not holding back! I know in my heart that I’m about to do something special!

Victoria and Jazmyn exchange a hug!

Jazmyn: Now? It’s time to make it all possible!

Jazmyn walks by Victoria and continues to make her trek down the hall. She remains as confident as she’s ever been as the scene fades out.

Kendra Classic: “Take a look at this.”

The scene opens up, focused squarely on the GCW Global Championship.

Classic: “This is the GCW Global Championship. This Championship represents the absolute BEST on Livewire. Since I WON it, I have been that person, and no one can claim otherwise.”

The scene scales back, and Kendra Classic can be seen. She pulls the belt back, placing it on her shoulder.

Classic: “There has been a lot of talk heading into Resurrection… how this is Jazmyn Rain’s great story… how she’s finally going to get to undo what happened years ago when she lost this Championship at this event. Well, I’d hate to play spoiler…”

She thinks about it briefly before laughing.

Classic: “Actually, I’d love to play spoiler. Because if you listen to Jazmyn Rain, she’s the star of Livewire. She’s number one! She’s the one who brings the people in, and I reject that whole-heartedly, and I know I’m not alone there. Tonight is going to be cathartic for more than just me… but for everyone who has been pushed downward because of Jazmyn Rain. Tonight, the BEST on Livewire stands firm, and remains Global Champion. And tonight will be CLASSIC!”

She smirks before exiting the scene.

Main Event - Pure Rules Match
GCW Global Championship
Kendra Classic (champion) vs. Jazmyn Rain

[Pure Rules. 20 count for a count out instead of a 10 count. No closed fists. Each wrestler can use the ropes to break a pin or submission 3 times during the match. After those 3 rope breaks are used up the ropes cannot be used to break a pin or submission. The championship can change hands on a count out or a disqualification. The main event of night one of Resurrection was to determine who was truly the best on Livewire as Kendra Classic and Jazmyn Rain put on one hell of a show. Neither woman held back as they were evenly matched, particularly in the start of the match. Of course, when the referee’s back was turned, Kendra had to throw in a closed fist before bringing down Jazmyn with a belly to belly suplex. Kendra would take command at that point, trying to wear down Jazmyn with an armbar, targeting the left arm yet again. Jazmyn punched her way through, but Kendra broke the submission, then focused on an impact offense. The opening rally would culminate with Kendra bringing down Jazmyn with a backbreaker and going for a cover, but Jazmyn kicked out at two. Kendra tried to German suplex Jazmyn, but Jazmyn landed on her feet. Kendra turned around, right into an enziguri. Jazmyn would take control and she too would target the arm with submissions. But, she brought her game of speed to the table and outpaced Kendra with her opening rally. This would be capped off with a springboard senton right into a pin in the middle of the ring. However, Kendra kicked out at two.

Obviously, the key thing about the match would be who would exhaust their rope breaks first with a limit of three per wrestler. Unfortunately for the fans, it would be Jazmyn who would have to exhaust her first rope break. Kendra locked in a rather painful cross armbreaker and with no way to escape, Jazmyn had no choice but to go for the ropes and grab the bottom one with her free arm. But later on, Jazmyn would even the rope break score when she applied a Muta lock to Kendra. Kendra reluctantly grabbed the bottom rope to break the hold. Jazmyn would then take advantage when she connected with a springboard forearm smash right in the jaw, seemingly knocking her out. The pin didn’t get the three, but Kendra exhausted her second rope break. Kendra though, would nail Jazmyn with an exploder suplex. Cover, Jazmyn kicked out. Still, this gave Kendra a moment to pick up Jazmyn and… Spinning Headscissors-into-DDT. Kendra made the pin at the shoulders, but Jazmyn at the last moment put her foot on the rope! Now… the rope break score was even again. Still, Kendra was in total control for a long stretch of time as she kept wearing out the arm. A surfboard was applied in the center, but Jazmyn didn’t quit. No matter. Kendra let go of the hold, dropping Jazmyn into a backbreaker and then she transferred it into a kimura lock! It was near the center of the ring and Jazmyn screamed in pain as she was clearly helpless! Jazmyn was desperate to reach the ropes but she was somehow able to will her way to get close! It took three and a half minutes… but she GRABBED THE BOTTOM ROPE! The good news was, she broke the hold. But that was her last rope break and Kendra knew it! Kendra dragged her up and tried to go for the ClassiCrash, but Jazmyn countered with the RAIN DROP… then she got the RAIN SPLASH!!! COVER…. NO!!!!! Kendra grabbed the rope! Jazmyn couldn’t believe it, but she kept her composure. And with that… no more rope breaks!

Jazmyn tried for another Rain Splash… BLOCKED! Jazmyn got up… CLASSICRASH!!!!! It landed right near the ropes! Kendra smirked knowing the ropes didn’t matter anymore… but she covered…. BUT JAZMYN KICKED OUT AT TWO!!!! Kendra was stunned. She went for another ClassiCrash, but Jazmyn blocked it before she was lifted up. She shoved Kendra into the ropes. Kendra bounced back and Jazmyn grabbed her head… RAIN DROP! Jazmyn stepped through the ropes again and… ANOTHER RAIN SPLASH ATTEMPT! This one CONNECTED!!!!! Cover…. NO!!!! Kendra kicked out of it a SECOND time!!!! Jazmyn though, didn’t look like she was about to be denied. She slowly stood up and went to the corner, going all the way to the top rope. She didn’t even look down as she leapt off the top and…. ANGEL SPLASH!!!! The Phoenix Splash worked with incredible precision and accuracy as she got it right on the money! The cover was made, the referee dropped down… and he made the three count!!!!]

WINNER and NEW GCW Global Champion: Jazmyn Rain

[The fans exploded out of their seats at the incredible main event that they just witnessed. Jazmyn stayed on Kendra for a few seconds before she got up to her knees. She was exhausted, but before long, she was smiling as the referee came back to her with the GCW Global Championship she just won for a third time. She grabbed it and clutched it, slowly standing up with it. The announcers had huge praise for the match, and for both competitors for being able to close out night one of Resurrection weekend with a… pardon the pun… wrestling classic! Jazmyn celebrated with the championship, and with the fans in attendance, soaking in the moment as night one faded to black.]

admin
Site Admin

Re: Resurrection VII

Post by admin » Sat May 26, 2018 2:01 pm

“GCW superstars have pushed themselves and their bodies to new limits of durability…”

(We see Travis Vessey and Brittany Kayl falling from the top of the cable scaffolds. We see Alan and Frederick brawling on the outside.)

“...they have pushed their bodies to new limits of brutality…”

(We see Jessica brutalizing Summer Newman.)

“…championships have been defended…”

(We see Isabella Harker defeating James R. Knight and Andrea Hernandez defeating Jenni Anderson.)

“…and championships have been won.”

(Nate Lawson is seen celebrating with his newly won Heritage Championship and Jazmyn Rain is seen celebrating with the Global Championship.)

“Now we gather at the Terry Fator Theatre, Mirage Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada to celebrate the accomplishments of the past year and the legacy of our Hall of Fame inductees.”

(The GCW Resurrection logo flashes on the screen followed by the words “Night 2: Hall of Fame & Awards Ceremony”. We cut to a large audience at the Terry Fator Theatre at theMirage Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. We cut to the stage where we see Jim Bishop and Jack Griffith.)

Jim Bishop: Welcome to Resurrection Night 2, which happens to be our Awards and Hall of Fame Ceremony!

Jack Griffith: I thought it was the Hall of Fame and Awards Ceremony?

Jim Bishop: Does it make that much of a difference?

Jack Griffith: Not really.

Jim Bishop: That’s what I thought. Now then, we’re going to kick things off with a Hall of Fame Induction! Gabriela Austin, a very classy lady…

Jack Griffith: Why couldn’t she be more sexy?

(Bishop sighs as he drags Jack Griffith off stage.)

Gabriella Austin stands at the podium wearing a sparkling full length dark blue dress. She is grinning from ear to ear.

Gabby: “Where do I begin?”

“I’m extremely humbled by this honor. I can’t begin to tell you how much Golden Class meant to me. Correction, still means to me. SWC was the hot place. Long before other three letter companies made there development territories popular. Global Championship Wrestling gave you SWC. I didn’t know what to expect. I was asked to compete against Hayley Gold. At the time she was undefeated. SWC was looking for someone to test her. I knew it would be a test. Each time we fought to a standstill. We created m-- eh, sorry, no one uses that phrase, do they?”

Gabby smiles.

Gabby: “Anyway, Hayley Gold brought out the best out in me. To no ones surprise we became SWC Tag Team Champions. When she got called up to the main roster, obviously, we were going to set the record for the longest Livewire Tag Team Champions in history. Our accomplishments are endless. The great matches we had with and against each other? Nothing beats that. The most important thing to me about our journey together is Hayley Gold herself.”

“There were times I was unbearable...”

Gabby chuckles.

Gabby: My sister stood by me. I know, we call each other family a lot in this sport. The term is tossed around like candy. I grew up an only child. No one to play with. No one to trade stories about boys. The little things. Me and Trenton came up in the business together. That was the closest to family I had until I met Hayley. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today. I am the Class in GOLDEN Class. Hayley is just as classy, if not a bit more than I am. She is style, grace, everything a young woman should aspire to. She is a role model. Not enough great things I can say about Ms. Gold. I appreciate the induction, I truly do. What means more to me than being a GCW Hall of Famer is sharing the stage with my sister, my best friend, my confidant, my partner in crime and the best tag team partner I ever had. And a Hall of Fame person as much as she is a wrestler, Hayley Gold. And together, we are the best tag team on the planet, now and forever, GOLDEN CLASS.

Gabby shows that she is a little choked up about the evening. Wiping a tear from her eye she holds a finger up to signal she isn’t done yet.

Gabby: “I have one last thing to say. In a industry where the world class has been bastardized; don’t lose faith in the true meaning of class. Being classy is not about the clothes you wear. Has nothing to do with being rich or behaving poshy. Being a class act requires you to be sweet, gentle, kind, empathetic, caring. It doesn’t require a lot to be loving and a good person. Being polite shouldn’t be hard. Having good manners is important. To be a very pleasant person in this business is a lost art. I have not always met the mark. I tried my best. I did the best I could to be the role model I felt pro wrestling deserves. Hopefully, you feel the same. If not, sorry I failed you. I will always be classy. Its a tough job. Someone has to do it?

Gabby smiles.

Thank you. Love you all.

(Jim Bishop and Jack Griffith return to the stage.)

Jim: Congratulations to Gabriela Austin!

Jack: That’s one hot, sexy momma…

Jim: Jack…

Jack: What?! She is!

Jim: I don’t think you want to be sued for sexual harassment…again…

Jack: …

Jim: Now is the time for our first of the awards! The first award is for Shocking Moment of the Year! Third place goes to……THE SOVIET GINGERS WIN THE UNDISPUTED GCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP!

(We cut to a sight of Karina and Anastasia, clearly upset that they didn’t win.)

Jim: Second place…JULIA BRADDOCK TAPS OUT GLORY BRADDOCK AT RESURRECTION!

(We cut to Julia who, in a direct contrast, seems rather proud of her accomplishment, even if it was a second place finish.)

Jim: And the winner……..JESSICA JONES TAKES OUT SUMMER NEWMAN!

(The crowd comes alive. Summer Newman refuses to come onto the stage but Jessica, laughing the whole way, steps up onto the stage and receives her award.)

Jessica: What’s wrong, Summer? You don’t feel like sharing the stage with me?

(Summer shouts angrily from her seat. Jessica smirks.)

Jessica: You got what was coming to you last night. Let that be a word of warning to anyone else who dares to follow in her footsteps, anyone else who dares to be impure. I am The Archangel of Purity and I will destroy you as I destroyed Summer Newman.

(Jessica steps off of the stage.)

Jim: Wow, she certainly seemed intense, didn’t she Jack?

Jack: Do you really want me to answer that?

Jim: Probably not. Should we get to the next award?

Jack: Yeah, that’s a better idea.

Jim: Match of the Year! Third place…MYRA LYNWOOD VERSUS TIMOTHY MYERS IN A STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP AT CIVIL WAR 2017!

(We cut to a shot of Myers and Lynwood. Myers politely smiles but Lynwood scowls.)

Jim: In a very close second…VICTORIA SALINAS VERSUS ISABELLA HARKER FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP AT RESURRECTION VI!

(We cut to Harker and Salinas, both of whom seem pleased.)

Jim: And the winner for Match of the Year…JULIA BRADDOCK VERSUS GLORY BRADDOCK IN AN IRON MAN MATCH AT FOR GLORY AND GOLD!

(Glory and Julia both rise up out of their seats and step up to the stage to receive their awards.)

Julia: Well, I must say that Resurrection got off to a great start for Britain’s Best. Destiny Skye whipped Hannah’s ass.

Glory: Tonight we won match of the year and I think we definitely schooled some of the GCW kids on what WRESTLING is all about.

Julia: True enough, and there’s still more to come. Tomorrow I defend my X Division Championship.

Glory: And then Sophie and I teach Angelica and Kayla Jones a lesson in respect.

Julia: And it’s only just begun for Britain’s Best…

(She holds up the award.)

Julia: Thanks for the award, folks!

Glory: Cheers!

(Glory and Julia step down off the stage.)

Jim: Glory and Julia are right, things have gone very well for Britain’s Best thus far.

Jack: Glory and Julia both have nice asses. Did they get that from Aphrodite?

Jim: First of all, that’s a harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. Second, you do know that they are not ACTUALLY related to Aphrodite, don’t you?

Jack: Huh?

Jim: Nevermind. Let’s just induct the next member of the Hall of Fame!

Hayley steps to the microphone, her gold gown shimmering under the lights.

Gold: "When I got the call for tonight, I was in the back nursing my neck after being dropped on my head... thanks a lot, Julianne..."

There's some laughter from the crowd.

Gold: "As Gabby said, it's an honour and a privilege to be here tonight, to be inducted into GCW's Hall of Fame with such a class act. And I know that Gabby didn't speak much about herself, so let me fill in the blanks. This is a woman who has been by my side virtually since I arrived in SWC. She has been my friend, my partner, my sister..."

She nods her head.

Gold: "Gabby has been an advocate for me. She is a former GCW World Champion who went to the Board and fought for me to get a shot. She could have, at any time, used her platform and her tenure to her own benefit, but she used it not to push me down but to pull me up. That's who Gabby Austin is. When she says "class", it's more than a slogan on a t-shirt. It's more than a catchphrase. It's her."

Hayley pauses to look out over the crowd.

Gold: "Look at all of you. I may be on a sabbatical right now, but know that wherever I go, whatever I do, no matter what you are always in my heart and in my thoughts. And when the time comes..."

An impish grin curls onto Hayley's face.

Gold: "There's still some GCW gold that I think would look good around THIS waist. Thank you all, and goodnight!"

Jim: Hayley Gold inducted, and a well deserved induction might I add.

Jack: She and Gabriela were a tag team once.

Jim: Wow, Jack. I didn’t think you were capable of an actual wrestling observation. Good job. They were known as Golden Class.

Jack: No they weren’t…they were known as Tits And Ass…

Jim: I should’ve known…anyway, moving right along with more awards, next up is the Livewire Award which honors the Feud of the Year! Third Place is…JESSICA JONES VERSUS PURE CLASS!

(We cut to show Jessica Jones again, seemingly emotionless.)

Jim: Second place…JULIA BRADDOCK VERSUS GLORY BRADDOCK!

(We cut to Julia and Glory, both of whom are smiling proudly.)

Jim: And the winner of the Livewire Award……VICTORIA SALINAS VERUS ADRIAN WATERS!

(Victoria and Adrian approach the stage. They eye each other cautiously.)

Adrian: Uh…wow, this is awkward…

Victoria: Yeah, considering we nearly destroyed each other last year.

Adrian: Yeah…

Victoria: It’s ok, we did have several great matches out of it, which earned us this.

(She holds up the award which draws cheers from the audience.)

Adrian: I guess we did.

(The two exit the stage.)

Jim: Very deserving Livewire Award recipients…

Jack: They’d have excellent hate sex if they wanted to.

Jim: MOVING ON! Next award is The Shotgun Award, celebrating the athlete who should have an excellent year! Tied for third place…ISABELLA HARKER AND CASEY HOLIDAY!

(Harker smiles politely while Holiday throws a fit over not winning. She can be heard shouting angrily expletives about how it is all Nate Lawson’s fault.)

Jim: Second place…DARIAN ANDREWS!

(Darian nods and waves at the crowd.)

Jim: And the winner of the Livewire Award…well, this will be very interesting because we have a TIE!

Jack: A tie?!

Jim: Yes! Our CO-WINNERS of the Livewire Award…KENDRA CLASSIC AND AUBRIANNA POWERS!

(Kendra and Aubrianna step onto the stage. Both look smug and confident.)

Aubrianna: Well I guess I can handle SHARING this honor. I can accept we both deserve this.

Kendra: Some moreso than others.

(Powers frowns.)

Aubrianna: Says who?

Kendra: Says the only one here who has won a Global Championship.

Aubrianna: Didn’t you just lose that last night?

(Kendra frowns.)

Kendra: Don’t bring that up!

(Aubrianna and Kendra exit their separate ways.)

Jim: That went well.

Jack: Very catty. I like it!

Jim: You would…anyway, let’s induct our third Hall of Famer!

**********************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************

INSERT KRISSY SPENCER HALL OF FAME INDUCTION HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim: Few have accomplished more in this company than Krissy Spencer.

Jack: I’d like to accomplish her…

Jim: JACK! Shut up, please.

Jack: Sorry.

Jim: Moving onto Newcomer of the Year. Third place…JAMES R. KNIGHT!

(We spot James R. Knight who seems a little worse for the wear after losing to Isabella Harker last night.)

Jim: Second place…a very close second place…CASEY HOLIDAY!

(Again Casey throws a fit…again she shouts that it’s all Nate Lawson’s fault.)

Jim: And the GCW Newcomer of the Year………AUBRIANNA POWERS!

(Aubrianna Powers steps up to the stage and accepts her award, hoisting it high over her head.)

Aubrianna: I wish I could be humble and say that I don’t deserve this…

(She snickers.)

Aubrianna: …but who am I kidding? Of course I deserve this! I deserve it more than anyone else! No one else has had a better rookie year than me! And my second year will be even better because remember I still have a favor back from Survival of the Fittest last year that I can cash in any time and anywhere I like! And that will be my springboard to greatness. 2018 I guarantee you that Monarchy’s MVP will be golden!

(She steps down off of the stage.)

Jim: Congratulations to Aubrey Powers.

Jack: Aubrianna.

Jim: Huh?

Jack: She prefers Aubrianna.

Jim: Sure, whatever…in any event, it’s time for another award, this time honoring our great tag teams of GCW! Tag Team of the Year Award! Third place goes to…PURE CLASS!

(We cut to a shot of Jessica Jones and Gabriela Austin.)

Jim: Second place goes to…our reigning Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions, THE SOVIET GINGERS!

(We cut to Karina and Anastasia, who do not seem all too upset this time. In fact, they have smirks on their faces, as if they know something we don’t.)

Jim: And the winners for tag team of the year……..THE SISTERHOOD!

(And there it is! The Apocalypse group begins to celebrate in their seats. Angelica and Kayla eventually do make their way to the stage.)

Angel: Was there any doubt that we would be the undisputed tag team of the year?

Kayla: Nope.

Angel: We won the gold back at Resurrection last year. And we kept it for six months, that’s half of the year Kayla and I were champions. Can any other tag team in this company claim to have held them or any tag team titles as long as us?

Angel: So was any other tag team really deserving of this award…except the Soviet Gingers?

Angel: Final question, sis. Do Glory Braddock and Sophie O’Brian stand a chance in hell against us tomorrow at Night 3 of Resurrection?

Angel: You heard it here first.

(They exit the stage.)

Jim: Congratulations to one hell of a tag team, The Sisterhood.

Jack: Great looking MILF…

Jim: …MOVING ON! Our next Hall of Fame inductee!

[Julia Rivera, Victoria Salinas’s former manager and long-time friend, stands at the podium as the fans in Las Vegas anticipate Victoria’s hall of fame induction.]

Julia Rivera: Not many of you know me, or remember me but my name is Julia Rivera and for so many years I have had the fortunate pleasure of getting to know Victoria Salinas. I was her manager when she first came to Global Championship Wrestling, but I knew her as far back in a company known as PRW. We met hours before she had her first mainstream match ever. I remember her personality: shy, quiet, nervous, wasn’t quite sure of herself being a 21-year-old out of a small Montana town. Little did I know that when I went out there to do my job as PRW’s ring announcer, that I’d be introducing the world to a future GCW great! She hit the ground running and became an almost-instant contender in PRW. Fourteen months later, she was a world champion for the first time and ever since then, she has taken the wrestling world by storm and continues to leave a lasting impact on this business today. Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce to you a five-time world champion, including THREE here in GCW, one of the most clutch, big-match competitors that GCW has ever had, and regardless of whether she’s “vainglorious” or the “burning desire”, someone who has one of the biggest loves for professional wrestling you will ever see… Victoria Salinas!!!

[“Feel Invincible” by Skillet hits and the fans erupt with a huge roar of approval as Victoria Salinas walks onto the stage from the left and she greets Julia at the podium with a huge embrace before Julia leaves Victoria to it. Victoria stands at the podium and soaks it all in as her theme fades out. She has a smile on her face, soaking in some final cheers as she begins to speak.]

Victoria Salinas: Professional wrestling was a teenage dream of mine! The moment I figured that this was what I wanted to do with my life, I had no idea how much this business would change me for the better and how successful I would be. The Seattle Wrestling Academy not only created the rest of my life… it also saved it! I will never forget stepping out on a mainstream stage for the first time in Berlin, Germany and the chills I got when I got out there. Berlin was my first win. Buffalo was the first championship I ever won. Green Bay was the first time I ever set foot on a flagship stage, winning PRW’s International Championship from a Hall of Fame member. Toronto was my first world championship ever. It was so surreal! When I first started, I never imagined I’d ever win one world title… let alone five!

PRW was where I became a mainstream professional wrestler, learned the ways of the business, learned how to survive, learned how to thrive and while I always appreciate the experience… and while I cherish the fact that I met people like Julia, Allison Mayberry and Jazmyn Rain there, and while I have had my success in PRW, and other promotions I’ve been in, my heart, my home and my greatest successes have been HERE… in Global Championship Wrestling!!!

[The fans roar with massive cheers at the statement Victoria just made.]

Victoria Salinas: This company has made me the wrestler I’ve become and has been a big part of my life. I know I wasn’t liked very much when I first came in… you know… “vainglorious” and all… but as a wrestler and as a person, I slowly grew more and more. I came in, I took the world by storm and became GCW World Champion in a matter of months, but in the long run, the journey I was on between world championships… when I shed my old “vainglorious ways”, when I fell in love, when I discovered the true core of who I am as a person… THAT is what I appreciate the most on this GCW journey of mine because during that time, I dealt with some of the most intense obstacles imaginable! I’ve made the best friends that I’ll ever have here! I’ve created my most memorable moments as a wrestler here and without this company… gosh, I don’t know how things would be with my life and career today!

But, I didn’t become what I am on my own. Early on, it was Julia standing by me and I thank her for being such an incredible friend over the years. And then from there? Wow… I’ve got so many people to thank for making this all possible. The first of whom is fellow Hall of Fame member Michael McKay… a father figure to me! I would have never gone through the aforementioned intense obstacles I dealt with if it wasn’t for him coming back and showing me the power in embracing who you are. And while he’s not the most popular figure at the moment because of recent events, Mr. Holliday, the former head trainer of the Seattle Wrestling Academy, is someone I will always feel gratitude towards for helping me get started on this journey.

I wouldn’t have grown up as I have if it wasn’t for Axl Austin and I owe a huge thanks to my fi… HUSBAND… for everything he’s ever done for me. And NO, we’re NOT going to consummate our marriage on a skateboard, damn it!!!!

[There’s a pause as some big laughter breaks out.]

Victoria Salinas: Some of the greatest friends I’ve ever made in this business have been here in GCW, as I’ve mentioned before. Jazmyn Rain… my gosh… what an incredible inspiration she’s become and someone who will always be there for me. Timothy Myers, probably the closest thing I have to a brother, as hard as that may be to believe considering he’s a horse’s ass!!!

Hey, I had to say it!!!! *laughs*

Brooklyn Smith… an all around, incredible human being!

Isabella Harker… one of my most difficult opponents and someone that I have always had huge, respect for and I know she’s going to stand on this stage someday as a world champion.

Tina Valentine… who… well, I know she’s not popular but as a friend and as a foe, she really pushed me to be better and I’d be a fool to deny her that.

Marina, god rest her soul, for the good that she gave me when I first started.

And there are so many more names I can add to that and they know who they are and I thank them and everyone I just mentioned for the amazing, unique impact they each had on my career in their own way. I want to specifically thank my fans in CANADA for being such a loyal, amazing collective group of people that have always had my back!

Of course, I want to thank every fan around the world that has ever been behind me because without you guys, this moment just doesn’t happen at all!

And lastly, I want to thank Global Championship Wrestling for everything it’s ever given me! My heart will always be with you no matter where I go from here in my career! I love this company more than any other in the world and my burning desire still burns strong to represent you as a World or Global Champion again someday because there is no greater honor in this sport than that! Thank you all, I love you all and I’m going to keep doing what I love, keep doing what I’m doing for this great company… no gimmicks, no masks! Just me!!!

THANK YOU GCW! Thank you ALL of you!

[Victoria steps back from the podium to soak in a rousing ovation she’s getting from the fans. She blows a kiss as her eyes glisten with tears of joy. Taking one last deep breath to soak in the moment, she turns and exits stage left… a newly-minted GCW Hall of Fame member!]

Jim: Next up, our award for Most Hated.

Jack: Yeah, I saw the list of nominees. How could you hate any of these great athletes?

Jim: Because they’re jackasses?

Jack: Bias! Fake News!

Jim: Right. Anyway, third place for Most Hated…….MYRA LYNWOOD!

(Myra flips off the camera.)

Jim: Second place for Most Hated…..ADRIAN WATERS!

(Adrian is seen chuckling at this announcement.)

Jim: And winner for the award of Most Hated GCW Superstar……KENDRA CLASSIC!

(Kendra steps up onto the stage and accepts the award.)

Kendra: You know, this is a downer. Almost as much as it was having to SHARE the Shotgun Award with Aubrianna Powers. I’ve done a lot for you people and I get the award for Most Hated?

(She shakes her head.)

Kendra: This weekend just hasn’t been any cool…at all…

(She steps off the stage.)

Jim: Sorry for Kendra.

Jack: Yeah, it’s been a bad night for her.

Jim: But moving on from Most Hated, we go to Most Loved!

Jack: Puke!

Jim: Third place for Most Loved…TRAVIS VESSEY!

(Vessey waves at the crowd.)

Jim: Second place for Most Loved…GLORY BRADDOCK!

(Glory smiles.)

Jim: And the winner for Most Loved…JAZMYN RAIN!

(Jazmyn Rain steps up onto the stage.)

Jazmyn: This is awesome! And it’s awesome because it’s you fans who decide this! You gave this to me and knowing I got it because I fought for each and every one of you makes it even better! And winning this is just the cherry on top of the sundae, because last night I became GCW Global Champion again!

(The crowd cheers loudly. Kendra is shown scowling.)

Jazmyn: Thank you again!

(She steps off of the stage.)

Jim: And now we move to induct another member of the Hall of Fame!

(Kurt Logan steps up onto the stage.)

Kurt: This is definitely a special night, a night that I’m sharing with my lovely wife Glory.

(The crowd cheers.)

Kurt: I started in GDW as a trainee of Jason Redfield, a GCW Original, but I became one of the originals in the new GCW after our revival in 2012. I have fought for this place and bled for this place. I’ve represented GCW as a world champion and I am proud to say that I am among the elite, that I am among the Hall of Famers in Global Championship Wrestling!

(Kurt exits the stage.)

Jim: Kurt Logan started out in GDW and carried his career over into the second incarnation of GCW. A well deserved Hall of Fame career.

Jack: Yeah, even I gotta admit he earned it.

Jim: Why, that’s nice of you to say.

Jack: His wife is smoking hot.

Jim: …I’m always expecting too much from you. Now our final two awards, first the Female Wrestler of the Year. Third Place…APHRODITE NOEL!

(A shot of Aphrodite Noel is shown.)

Jim: Second place is a TIE! JAZMYN RAIN AND VICTORIA SALINAS!

(A shot of both ladies smiling.)

Jim: And the winner of Female Wrestler of the Year……..GLORY BRADDOCK!

(Glory steps onto the stage.)

Glory: Bloody hell, didn’t expect this one but I’m damn sure honored to have it. This year was my comeback year, the year I wanted to return to active competition and boy did I make an immediate impact. I tore through the roster, earned my way into the elimination chamber, and became a fourteen time World Heavyweight Champion!

(The crowd roars loudly.)

Glory: But not everyone was happy that I came back. Some people think I returned just to feed my ego, just to one up them…

(She glares at Angelica Jones.)

Glory: …it was never about any of that, Angelica, but if you want me to show you up then by all means, tomorrow night, myself and Sophie O’Brian WILL show you up at Resurrection!

(She exits the stage.)

Jim: And our final award is for Male Wrestler of the Year! Third place is DOMINIC BAINE!

(We cut to a shot of Dominic Baine.)

Jim: Second place is TIMOTHY MYERS!

(We cut to Myers, who smiles politely and waves.)

Jim: And once again we have a tie! Co-Winners for Male Wrestler of the Year…….TRAVIS VESSEY AND ADRIAN WATERS!

(The two step up onto the stage to receive their awards.)

Adrian: Now this is one I am definitely happy about!

Travis: Me too. But this whole sharing the award thing…I can accept it, sure, but maybe if you’re ever interested, we could settle it in the ring.

(Adrian smirks.)

Adrian: Anytime, buddy. Anytime.

(They both leave the stage.)

Jim: Well another interesting turn of events.

Jack: That’s one way of putting it.

Jim: Are we ready to wrap things up?

Jack: Do we have to?

Jim: Unfortunately. We are now down to the final Hall of Fame Inductee. She has been a stalwart in Global Championship Wrestling since day one of its revival. To induct her I introduce another GCW Hall of Famer…The Crown Jewel of Professional Wrestling Marie Annabelle Jones!

(Marie Jones steps up onto the stage.)

Marie: Thank you…and yes, Jim is right, this person has been with GCW since day one of its resurrection, just as I have, which is why this induction is long overdue. Ignore the fact that she has won nearly every championship available to a superstar during her tenure in GCW, ignore the fact that she has been in the main event of Resurrection, ignore all of her achievements and she still deserves this honor if only for her long suffering dedication and loyalty to this great company. But she’s more than just an athlete to me. She is my sister, she is the sister who has saved my life on more than one occasion and I love her more than any of you could imagine. It is my honor to welcome to the GCW Hall of Fame… “THE ARCHANGEL OF PURITY” JESSICA JONES!!!!!!!!

(Jessica steps up onto the stage.)

Jessica: Thank you, Marie. And thank you to Global Championship Wrestling for this high honor. I’ve evolved and grown quite a bit during my time. I was The Last Jones Standing, Lady Gambit, now I’m The Archangel of Purity. Regardless of what I called myself I always defended GCW. I always put this company ahead of anything and everything else. Even as a loyal member of the Purity Movement, I always viewed the continued protection and loyalty to GCW as something pure, something to strive for. It is something that I will continue to strive for. Anyone who ever threatens the existence of GCW will answer to The Archangel of Purity, for this is my home!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Resurrection VII

Post by admin » Sun May 27, 2018 9:44 am

May 27, 2018 (T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV)

“Nearly two decades ago, a dream became reality…”

(We see footage of Steve Powers fighting Adam Craig, Jake Storm fighting Crasher, Ultrawolf fighting Basher.)

“They thought that dream was dead, but seven years ago today, that dream was Resurrected!”

(We see footage of Resurrection one and the various matches in the single elimination tournament where a new GCW World Champion was crowned.)

“Tonight is a night when we celebrate two rising superstars whose careers are skyrocketing…”

(We see footage of Julia Braddock and Darian Andrews.)

“Tonight we see longtime enemies throw down one more time.”

(We see footage of Victoria Salinas and Myra Lynwood.)

“Tonight GCW’s past does battle with GCW’s present.”

(We see footage of Glory Braddock and Sophie O’Brian fighting Angelica Jones and Kayla Jones.)

“But most important of all, tonight we see who will carry the torch into the new year as our GCW World Champion!”

(We see footage of Chantelle Chambers and Brooklyn Smith.)

“Tonight is Resurrection VII!”

Darian Andrews: “I’ve had a busy few days.”

The scene rises up to where Darian Andrews can be seen sitting alone.

Andrews: “I’ve taken some time cruising the Vegas strip. I’ve taken time considering my place in GCW, and what it means to be here on this weekend in the position I’m in. I was runner-up three months ago at Civil War, meaning I got to challenge for any non-World Championship I wished. And I chose the X-Division Championship, held by Julia Braddock.”

Darian smiles to himself.

Andrews: “Just last night, Julia was co-winner of the match of the year award. Entering tonight’s match, Julia is the longest reigning X-Division Champion in GCW history. That’s nothing to scoff at. Tonight is a big night. The lights are just a little brighter, and the pressure is just a little more… pressureable? Pressuring?”

He ponders his query briefly before shaking his head.

Andrews: “Not important. What IS important is that the pressure is on. If I want to walk out of here tonight as X-Division Champion, I have to do so by beating the longest reigning Champion in history. To do that, I have to give it my all, and that’s exactly what I intend on doing.”

Darian stands up.

Andrews: “Because I didn’t come to GCW nearly two years ago to settle for second best. I came here for this pressure! I came here to be the best. And to get there, Julia, I’ve got to go through you. You had better believe that I’m coming at you 100 percent… I’m coming to be X-Division Champion!”

With that, Darian exits the scene. We shift...

Resurrection cuts in on Victoria Salinas who is walking down the hallway. She’s not too far removed from arriving at the arena, but nonetheless she’s in a great mood as the fans in Las Vegas loudly cheer for the newly minted GCW Hall of Fame member. Still, she’s focused and determined as she gets to her locker room. Wasting no time getting inside, she ends up running into a nice surprise in the form of her old manager Julia Rivera.

Victoria: I suppose I shouldn’t be TOO surprised?

Victoria laughs as she walks into the locker room and closes the door behind her.

Julia Rivera: It’s the biggest weekend of the year, and you’ve had one eventful weekend. Did you honestly think that I was going to miss this? You know me better than that.

Victoria: That I do!

Victoria puts down her stuff near the lockers as she and Julia approach each other.

Julia: It seems like only yesterday that you made your first appearance in GCW. I remember it quite well! It was All Hallow’s Evil 2014! The woman than known as “vainglorious” was about to come in and take this company by storm! Then, in her first match on Livewire, she defeated Kayla Jones! And the rest as they say… is history!

Victoria: Yeah, those were some… interesting times… early on in my GCW career…

Julia: But you’ve grown up so much since then! I’m happy for you! And really, it was a huge honor to be the one inducting you.

Victoria: No need to mention it! You were a great guidance early on… and even now, you still have been through thick and thin. But, as great as yesterday was with the Hall of Fame induction AND getting married, I can’t fall into a honeymoon lull, you know that! This is the biggest stage of the year, under the brightest of lights!

Julia: And in THAT situation… there’s nobody better than you! I just hope that you’re not underestimating Myra Lynwood.

Victoria suddenly has a bit of a scorned look on her face, though it’s clear and obvious that the scorn is not in Julia’s direction, but in Myra’s.

Victoria: When have I ever underestimated her? All these years, Myra has been one of the best in-ring rivals that I’ve ever had and the story between us? You can’t script it. I strongly dislike Myra, and Myra hates my guts. It doesn’t get much better than a good old-fashioned grudge match, I’ll tell you that. It’s a shame, honestly, that she carries herself the way that she does and I’ll be honest… that little stunt that she pulled with Adrian… it doesn’t surprise me at all because that’s typical Myra for you. It’s a sad shame that one of the very best of our generation just doesn’t know how to be secure with herself in spite of all she’s accomplished.

Julia: I hate to say it Vicky, but… I don’t think she’s ever going to come around.

Victoria: With all due respect, I think you’re wrong.

Julia raises her eyebrows.

Victoria: I know deep down in there, that there’s some good in Myra. I know that somewhere in there, she holds some respect for me and she refuses to admit it. I know damn well that the Myra that I remember from PRW… the Myra that was so amazing at what she did and who was a grand testament to the sport of professional wrestling… is still within her. I’ve seen it for myself and there have been times where it’s come out of her she doesn’t even realize it… such as her two out of three falls match with Brittany Kayl. Yet, Myra wants to waste her time and energy hating me the way she does and holding a grudge over events of seven years ago? Shame. It’s an honest shame. That hatred in her heart is going to keep her from winning tonight and I hope and pray that when I beat her… she’s going to finally see the light.

Julia: I’m with you on that. But of course, you’ve got to focus on the task at hand.

Victoria nods.

Victoria: I’m focused on beating her and putting her in her place! Everything else? Perhaps that will come later. But it’s about time I take Myra’s hatred and vengeance and shove it right back down her throat and on the grandest stage, where I know how to win? It gets no bigger than that!

Victoria confidently turns and leaves the locker room for a moment while the crowd cheers her. Julia stays behind, impressed with Victoria’s confidence, as the scene draws to a close.

GCW X Division Championship
Julia Braddock (champion) vs. Darian Andrews

[Night three began with the X-Division Championship on the line as Julia defended against Civil War runner up Darian Andrews. This turned out to be a classic, technical battle that would really get the crowd going for the night. From the opening bell, there was hardly any room that separated both competitors, though Julia’s experience obviously would be a factor in the start of the match when she relied on a fast, high flying, hard-striking offense that would keep Darian at bay. Darian on the other hand, when he was in control, went with a technically sound, power offense that would knock the wind out of Julia. Both chain wrestled and exchanged submissions quite well during the match. Julia would be the first to hit a signature move during the match when she hit the Excelsis Dio, but Darian wasn’t about to be done in quite yet as he kicked out at two. Darian was able to come back with a running high knee, but Julia kicked out of the ensuing two count. A figure four was applied, but Julia was able to escape. Darian dragged Julia up to her feet as the match continued toward its climax. Darian then lifted her up, in position for the DVDT! Julia escaped! Julia then turned Darian around and nailed him with the Excelsis Dio again! After that she got him up and dragged him to the corner of the ring and then…. QUEEN’S RANSOM!!!! Julia nailed Darian with the vicious maneuver and covered… BUT DARIAN KICKED OUT! Julia could not believe it as she went to the top rope. Julia stood on it and then went for a 450…. BLOCKED!!!!! Darian sprung to his feet and picked up Julia…. DVDT!!!! The fans exploded out of their seats when the move was hit! Darian dropped down to make the cover and… NO!!!! SOMEHOW JULIA KICKED OUT! Darian then kept his composure and went to the top rope. He bided his time a bit and then… FALLING STAR!!!!! Darian dug deep to nail the Falling Star and it connected as he landed right on Julia! He stayed on her for the cover as the referee dropped down to make the three count!!!!!]

WINNER and NEW GCW X-Division Champion: Darian Andrews

[Darian got to his knees, clearly exhausted, yet clearly happy. The referee wasted no time collecting, and then handing, the X-Division Championship to Darian. Darian took it from him and was definitely beaming with pride as the announce team discussed the incredible night three opener that just took place between two of the very best, pure, technical wrestlers that the Shotgun brand had to offer. Darian had a four-corner celebration, but then find himself right in the visual radar of Julia who stood up clutching her chest. There was a brief, awkward pause before Julia extended her hand to Darian. Darian hesitated a little, before he grabbed it and shook her hand. Julia then nodded and left Darian alone to celebrate with the announce team commending the great sportsmanship that just took place.]

Backstage, Janice King stands next to Timothy Myers and his wife/tag-team partner Olivia. The Vegas crowd give the couple a warm, excited pop.

Janice: "Welcome to Night 3 of Resurrection! It's all ears on me, Hall of Fame reporter Janice King. One of our earlier matches tonight will see The Sloane Sisters, along with Kellen Jeffries up against 'The Rebel' Timothy Myers and Olivia in a handicap situation...and with some stipulations attached as well. Two weeks ago, on Livewire, Kellen added a challenge to you, Timothy...if you lose, you have to basically announce to the World that he is better than you."

Tim starts to chuckle.

Timothy: "Vintage Kellen. In need of a ego stroke. You know what though? I'm so confident that Liv and I can beat those three clowns...I accept. However...however, I have a stipulation of my own. I should have Kellen stand in the center of the ring and make the same declaration, but I'm not as pathetic as he is...I don't want nor do I need his praise. No, Kellen does have something else we want, though...money. Kellen isn't exactly known for his philanthropic efforts...but I think it's time that changes."

Liv steps towards the mic, which King points in her direction.

Olivia: "Yeah, so Timmy and I sat down and we chose our two favorite charities. Mine is the Make A Wish Foundation. I have done a lot of work for them and it's a wonderful organization!"

Tim nods and takes over.

Timothy: "As some of you already know, my family grew up on the underprivleged side. Six years ago, a good friend of mine introduced me to Habitat for Humanity. I've volunteered off and on there, and I think the work they do is amazing. So that's my charity. But what is all this charity talk about? Simple. Kellen, since you are too much of an arrogant fuck to grovel at my feet and frankly, I couldn't resist booting you in your ugly mug if you did, if...or when...you lose tonight, you will donate $250,000 to each of these charities. You won't miss a half-mill, will you Man-God?"

Tim and Olivia both smirk.

Olivia: "Oh, but maybe you don't have that kind of money! You know, like you made it all up. It's okay, I swear! You don't hav to donate to these two amazing charities. If you don't, though, you will have to wear this when you escort your girlfriend and her sister down to the ring to show off their 'totally awesme' make-overs..."

Olivia reaches into a bag at her feet and pulls out a t-shirt. On the back, which she shows off first, is the GCW logo. She turns it around to reveal herself standing in front of her husband. She is wearing shades, her arms crossed over her mid-section, and Tim, also in shades and his leather jacket, has a hand on her shoulder. The caption beneath them reads "The Rebels of GCW." Olivia holds it up proudly.

Olivia: "Ain't it cute?! By the way, it's on sale now at GCW.com or in any arena where we travel!"

Tim chuckles before putting on a serious face.

Timothy: "In all seriousness, it doesn't matter if it's 3 on 2 or 10 on 2...you should know from our last go-round Kellen, you don't fuck with the Rebel and get away with it that easily. We've had it with your bullshit, and we've had it with the slut sisters bullshit. Tonight...it ends. Peace."

(We cut backstage where we spot Marie Jones and her identical twin sister Kimberly Williams. With them is GCW journalist Samuel Price.)

Price: Ladies and gentlemen, Samuel Price here with my guests at this time, one of the challengers to the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship, Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams, Twin Magic! Thanks for joining me, ladies.

Kim: STABBY! STABBY! STBABY!

(Price gulps nervously. Marie chuckles.)

Marie: Ignore, Kim. She’s excited about winning the tag titles tonight. It is our pleasure to be here, Sam.

Price: Right…well, you haven’t won the titles yet, and the task is going to be great. You have the Soviet Gingers and Britain’s Best to deal with.

Marie: We understand but we also know what we are capable of. Kimberly and I both are accomplished athletes, as siblings know each other very well and have natural chemistry, and when it comes to yours truly, I have a history of performing well on the grandest of stages. If you recall, at Resurrection 1 seven years ago I won four matches in one night to win that single elimination tournament to become the new GCW World Champion. Later on I would stare into the eyes of demons like Malcolm Cross and would not back down. Do you really think Kimberly and I are going to sweat a couple of mentally unstable bitches who don’t realize the cold war is over? Do you think we’re worried about Britain’s Best, a pair who hasn’t even teamed together before?

(She shakes her head.)

Marie: No, we’re not worried. Tonight, Twin Magic walks away as your new Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions.

Kim: But let me ask you something else, Sammy. Who came in third place in the GCW Civil War Match?

Price: It was Marie.

(She nods her head.)

Kim: That’s right, Marie came in third place, that earns HER a tag title shot. And yet we have two other teams involved in this match, not just us? Now Marie is the goodie-goodie of this pair, she won’t speak up or complain, she just does her job. But me, I’ll say what she’s afraid to say. Britain’s Best and the Soviets are here because GCW couldn’t adequately solve the problem between those two. But that’s fine, because tonight Twin Magic will solve their problem by taking the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship. That way the Soviets aren’t the champions and neither is Britain’s Best. It’ll belong to us!

(The scene shifts.)

3 on 2 Handicap Match
Sloane Sisters & Kellen Jeffries vs. Timothy Myers & Olivia

[This match started off as a free-for-all, all five competitors choosing to slug it out, the referee stepping back and letting them go. Kellen and Amber were double-teaming Timothy. They threw him off the ropes, only to fall to a double-clothesline from Myers on the rebound. Simultaneously, Olivia floored Whitney with a dropkick, and all three opposition to the Myers retreated to the floor to regroup.

Order was then restored, although momentum remained with the Myers for several minutes. Tim and Olivia worked well as a team, executing several double-team moves which combined Tim's strength and Olivia's high-flying abilities and, as a result, there were a couple of near falls. However, a missed frog splash by Olivia was all that was needed to allow the opposition to take over as Amber tagged in Jeffries. Kellen stomped Olivia before hitting her with multiple slams. Kellen would look over at Tim after each slam to gloat...until Olivia rolled him up from behind! 1...2...Kellen kicked out!

Angered, Kellen yanked Olivia up by the hair, then back-handed her across the face. He shoved her into the corner and started to choke her out until the ref's five count. He then tagged Whitney back in and the three took turns beating down Olivia...but they could not keep her down. After a few tags, Amber was in with Olivia. Amber went for the Kneed for Speed, but Olivia rolled out of the way, leaving Amber to hit the corner hard! Olivia with the roll-up...1...2...kickout! Amber was quickly back to her feet, but she wasn't able to stop Olivia from making the tag to Timothy! Amber rushed Myers, who scoop slammed her to the mat! Jeffries rushed Tim next, but put on the brakes a few feet from his foe. Kellen and Tim got into a stare-down, interrupted when Amber chop-blocked Tim's knee! Tim went down and tagged Kellen back in. Kellen worked over the knee for a bit before tagging Whitney back in.

Whitney also worked on the leg, ending with a Boston crab. Tim freed himself with a boot to Whitney's back-side, shoving her into the corner! Amber was tagged back in and she ran straight into a sleeper hold by Myers! Amber was starting to fade, so Jeffries retrieved a tazer he must have stashed away under the ring and ran in to make the save...but he was cut off by Olivia, who caught him in the face with a heel kick. Whitney ran in and she and Olivia started to slug it out. Kellen was able to get the tazer and seeing him coming, Myers dropped Amber. Kellen ran at Tim, tazer at the ready...but then Olivia shoved Whitney directly into Jeffries, who pulled the trigger in surprise, zapping Whitney and causing her to fall twitching to the mat! Kellen stared wide-eyed at what he had done...but only briefly as Timothy took him out with the Flatline! Olivia made the cover on Whitney...1...2...3!]

Winners: Timothy Myers and Olivia

(We cut backstage where we spot Steve Powers in the ready area, for his match is up next. He is approached by a familiar face, that of his sister, Aubrianna Powers.)

Aubrianna: Steve, wait!

(He shakes his head.)

Steve: You’re not talking me out of this, sis. Tonight is the night when I face Derek. Tonight is the night he pays for trying to take my sight and trying to end my career.

Aubrianna: No, you don’t…

Steve: It has to end, Aubrey. And you aren’t going to convince me otherwise. I have to go out there and do this.

Aubrianna: I’m not trying to talk you out of it, doofus.

(He furrows his brow.)

Steve: You’re not?

Aubrianna: No. I’m just here to wish you luck, that’s all.

(She embraces her brother in a tight hug.)

Aubrianna: Be careful, ok? And kick his ass for me!

Steve: Will do.

(The scene shifts.)

"Bad Company" as performed by Five Finger Death Punch hits and the Las Vegas crowd gives Adrian Waters a mixed reaction as he makes his way to the ring. As is his new norm, he has his lawyer Edgar Hilton and his life coach Pierre Dubois with him. It is obvious by how he walks that he is still pretty sore from the beating he took during the barbed wire match against Jason Schneider two nights ago. He enters the ring, accepting a microphone from Robert Lee, then waits for his music to fade.

Adrian: "Thank you. I guess you didn't see that coming, huh?"

The fans cheer and Adrian nods.

Adrian: "That's right. Myra and I were in on it all along. There was no talk of divorce. You heard me right, we were in it together...all. along. Myra had a gut feeling that Schneider would try something at the End of Year Bash...you know, when he kidnapped Myra. It wasn't fun for us to be apart for two weeks and I was genuinely upset that he pulled such a stunt, but Myra and I are adults. We played the game. Myra trained with Jason, all the while he believed that she was buying into all his bullshit.

There were a few hiccups along the way, mind you...like my punctured lung after Civil War. That happened. It took a lot for Myra not to reveal then and there how worried she was for me. She was at my hospital bedside every day, after hours, so not to be caught. That injury is a big reason for Myra's sudden want to destroy Salinas. I'm done with Victoria, make no mistake about it...and later tonight, Myra will do what I couldn't...end Vicky's miserable career."

At his last declaration, the crowd becomes somewhat restless and some actually start to boo Adrian. Adrian goes on without acknowledging this discontent.

Adrian: "The second hiccup was four weeks ago when Jason attacked me while Myra and I were talking possible reconciliation. Again, Myra was put in a tough spot, but handled it brilliantly. She certainly didn't expect to get a World title shot out of the deal.

Other than those two things, the so-called 'master of the mind games' didn't see it coming. So now I ask you...who is the 'real' master of the mind game?"

Adrian grins.

Adrian: "Yes, you are looking at him. Need more proof? I, with the help of my beautiful wife Myra Lynwood-Waters, not only fooled Jason Schneider... Let's face it, fooling a one-dimentional, self-absorbed moron like Schneider is hardly worth bragging about...but I fooled EVERYBODY....including ALL of you!"

More fans are booing now, although many still don't know what to think and those fans remain silent.

Adrian: "Do you not get it yet? The 'new and improved' Adrian Waters...does NOT exist! How could you possibly improve upon 'Pure Genius?' You can't! I haven't turned over a new leaf! I don't need NOR do I want your fucking approval!"

Now, the Las Vegas crowd is entirely against Waters, who chuckles at their disapproval. But the audience is not the only ones confused. Pierre Dubois stands near the corner, mouth open, eyes wide. Adrian notices this and addresses the man now.

Adrian: "Is there a problem Pierre?"

Pierre opens his mouth to say something, but Adrian puts up a hand to silence him.

Adrian: "I know. I know. How could I do such a thing? How can I ignore everything you told me. How could I use you like I did. s that about right? It's easy, Pierre...I needed you to play a part and you did it perfectly. You should give yourself a pat on the back. Do you think it was easy for me? Day after day, I had to listen to all that self-help bullshit you barfed at me. God, how many times I wanted to break your fucking neck. But there is good news...at least for me. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I no longer need to hear your annoying voice with all your bullshit advice. Pierre, effective immediately, you are fired. Get the fuck out of here."

The Vegas crowd is now solidly against Adrian and garbage is thrown into the ring. Pierre's face displays a mixture of emotions from confusion to anger to fear. He does, however, finally find his voice.

Pierre: "You are firing me? What about my work visa? They will deport me! I have a fiance!"

Adrian: "This is my problem, how?"

Pierre: "Because both you and Edgar promised me you'd help me if I took this job! You told me not to worry about a thing! You better do something!"

A chant of "PIERRE" starts to make it's way around the arena. Adrian stares Pierre coldly before glancing over at Hilton.

Adrian: "You know, Ed...he's right. We should do something for him. Can you make a call or something? Use those connections of yours?"

Hilton scratches his head then nods, pulling out his cell phone.

Edgar: "Yeah, let me make a call."

Edgar turns his back on both men as he places what turns out to be a brief call. He then turns back with a smile.

Edgar: "Done, boss."

Pierre: "That's more like it! Thank you. Who did you call?"

Adrian: "INS."

Pierre sharply turns his head back to Adrian, anger eviden in his eyes.

Pierre: "Excuse me?"

Adrian: "You heard me. He called INS. Mr. Hilton has some amazing contacts. There were two agents backstage awaiting his call...and here they come now!"

Just then, two men with sidearms make their way to the ring, getting booed along the way. They enter the ring and talk to Pierre softly. One agent puts a reassuring hand on Pierre's shoulder, which Pierre shrugs offbefore shoving the agent. The other agent immediately pulls out a taser gun, zapping Pierre, causing him to fall to the canvas. He then cuffs Pierre and the two men haul Pierre to his feet to escort him out of the building.

Adrian applauds as the crowd goes insane with anger.

Adrian: "Good work boys."

As the men leave, one agent turns back to Adrian and says something barely caught by the microphone Adrian holds.

Agent: "Fuck you."

The agent is rewarded with a loud pop, which he ignores, as he has a job to do. The two men along with Pierre walk through the curtains before Adrian speaks again.

Adrian: Good riddence. A life coach. Loser. Just like all of you morons who fell for this sharade! You are all losers! Not just at blackjack or slots, but in life! You are in the presence of the true master of the head games! You are in the presence of the smartest man in ALL of professional wrestling! And now, with my brilliant, gorgeous wife Myra by my side, there will be NO stopping me!"

"Bad Company" hits again and as the crowd continues to boo and throw garbage into the ring, Adrian Waters and Edgar Hilton make their exit, the scene fading backstage.

Taipei Death Match
Derek Powers vs. Steve Powers

[Steve gains the advantage early on, with his emotions making him assault Derek furiously. Derek though survives the early storm and takes advantage over Steve. Both men bloody and bludgeon the other with the glass as well as other weapons. It becomes a bloodbath as both men’s blood stains their face, bodies, and the canvas. Derek goes for The Absolute Perfect Finish onto a pile of broken glass but Steve blocks it with a low blow. Steve with The Very Best Finishing Move, driving Derek head first into the pile of broken glass! Steve with a cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Steve Powers

Brittany Kayl: “How are you feeling?”

Isabella Harker can be seen inside the locker-rooms. Sitting beside her, her friend and confidante Brittany Kayl, sits with her Global Destiny briefcase on her lap. Harker pays no mind to this detail as she stretches her arms out.

Harker: “Sore, I’ll admit.”

Kayl: “Well, the match against James R. Knight two nights ago was brutal… you two tore the house down. And then Morgan Valentine…”

Harker grimaces at the mention of the woman’s name.

Harker: “She got a cheap shot in… yeah, I was there.”

Kayl: “Kind of makes sense.”

Harker looks over to Brittany, an eyebrow raised.

Kayl: “Well, Morgan exemplifies “cheap”, if you know what I mean.

Harker laughs. She got it.

Harker: “Yeah. But tonight isn’t a Mensa contest. I don’t have to outsmart Morgan. If that was all I had to do, I’d have this in the bag. The woman goes on to Twitter whining about millennials, oblivious to the fact that SHE is one. She goes on this stupid “Shotgun is better” rant, again oblivious to the fact that if she was lucky enough to beat me tonight, she’d be on Livewire. And she thinks she has me beat, but…”

Kayl: “She’s not smart enough to realize what you’re capable of.”

Harker smirks.

Harker: “Bingo. Tonight, Morgan Valentine will wish that she never crossed my path. She’s going to wish that she didn’t start antagonising me. And, most of all, she’s going to wish that she paid more attention to me than her little pissing match with Chelsea LeClair.”

Kayl: “And hey… if she DOES get lucky…”

Brittany smiles, patting her briefcase.

Kayl: “She could make history as the SHORTEST reigning Champion in GCW history.”

Isabella looks to Brittany, who shrugs her shoulders with a grin. The scene shifts.

(We cut backstage where we spot Destiny Skye standing by herself.)

Destiny: Resurrection is the name of this event but I can think of another “R” word that would fit tonight and that’s retribution. On Night One I got a little bit of that by defeating Hannah Myers to earn this spot in the Undisputed Tag Team Championship Match.

(She sighs and shakes her head.

Destiny: I always thought it would be me and Hannah either challenging for or defending the titles on this night. But her jealousy got in the way. Her ego got in the way and ruined that for us. Her jealousy and ego also cost us both the tag titles and allowed the Soviet Gingers to lawyer their way back to the tag titles, creating this whole mess we have tonight. See, I agree with Kimberly Williams, it SHOULD’VE been one on one. It should’ve been Controversy DEFENDING the tag team titles against Twin Magic. But thanks to a perfect storm of Hannah’s ego and the Soviet’s cheap tricks that isn’t happening, we have a triple threat tonight, and I don’t have Hannah Myers, but I have someone better.

(Mark O’Brian steps into the scene next to her.)

Destiny: Mark here has been my friend a hell of a lot longer than I’ve even known Hannah. Mark and I got to know this business together under the tutelage of Glenn Braddock. And tonight, as Britain’s Best, we bring home the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship.

(The scene shifts.)

Resurrection cuts in on Karina Lysenko, one half of the GCW Tag Team Champions, walking down the hallway and obviously with an intense focus considering the title defense she’s going to embark on. She carries the championship with her, showing that to a large degree, it means quite a bit to her. In a no-nonsense mood, the last thing she needed or wanted to happen was interviewer Roderick Osborn making his presence felt… and that is precisely what he is doing right about now, much to Karina’s chagrin.

Karina: Why do you always have to be so intrusive and annoying?

Karina sighs.

Karina: Americans…

Roderick: I mean… it IS Resurrection after all…

Karina rolls her eyes as she is clearly in no mood to do an interview at this point. Fortunately for her, she’s about to have some backup in the form of her partner, Anastasia Ivanova.

Anastasia: Does it look like we care? We’re not in the mood to waste time talking to people like you! Now scram! Beat it… or we’ll beat you!!!!

Roderick shudders for a bit before he turns and leaves the scene.

Karina: Thanks for having my back on that one. You know how I feel about this title defense. It’s completely unfair! First it’s a triple threat and then it’s also the fact that there’s a third team that doesn’t even belong here! I’m so tired of Allison disrespecting us!

Anastasia: I’m right there with you sestra… but I know that with Apocalypse behind us, we’re going to find a way to win!

Karina: Yeah… even if it’s a tad… awkward…

Anastasia: How is it awkward?

Karina: When one of the team is Angelica’s twin daughters and all…

Anastasia: Oh…

There’s a bit of an awkward pause between the GCW tag team champions knowing that they are going to have to beat the blood relatives of their fellow Apocalypse members in order to retain the championship.

Anastasia: But… you know… Angelica understands…

Karina: Right. I figure as far as this match goes, she’s going to be happy as long as the championships don’t end up in the hands of Britain’s Best. Speaking of… who did Destiny pick has her tag team partner for this match anyway?

Anastasia: Mark…

Karina scoffs at this.

Karina: The obvious choice… seeing how Julia, Sophie and Glory are all in matches of their own tonight as well. So much for thinking outside the box! How in the world does Destiny expect to go anywhere when she can never have the right partner? For all the talk, perhaps it may have been best that Destiny beat Hannah after all.

Karina shrugs.

Anastasia: Right. Like you said… as long as Destiny and Mark don’t win, Angelica will be happy.

Karina: Maybe… but I’ll only be happy with one outcome: the Soviet Gingers STILL being the GCW Tag Team Champions! They’ve doubted us all the way through and now… it’s OUR time to prove that we truly deserve to be considered the best tag team in not just GCW, but all of wrestling!

Anastasia: That’s right! Let’s do this sestra, for Apocalypse, our mother countries… and for the Soviet Gingers!

The tag team champions exchange a quick high five before they walk down the hallway, ready to focus on, and fight, in their tag team championship defense to come.

Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship
Soviet Gingers (champions) vs. Twin Magic vs. Britain’s Best

[Karina, Destiny, and Marie start out for their individual teams. Marie and Destiny start out double teaming Karina. This goes on for a bit and Karina desperately tags out to Anastasia. Anastasia tries to convince Marie to work with her, claiming that they are related…but Marie doesn’t buy it and again works with Destiny to double team Anastasia. Both Soviets roll to the outside to regroup. Meanwhile Destiny with a superkick to Marie blindsides her and she goes for a quick cover…1…2Kickout! Marie and Destiny start to fight back and forth for awhile but that is brought to an end as Anastasia enters the ring and attacks Destiny. Marie and Anastasia double teams Destiny for awhile but then Anastasia turns on Marie. Anastasia tags out to Karina. Karina takes over on Marie for a bit but doesn’t notice Destiny making the tag to Mark. Mark O’Brian in like a house of fire with a belly to belly overhead on Karina, a gorilla press slam to Marie, and a spear to Anastasia knocking her off the apron. Mark whips Karina into the ropes and connects with Art of War! Cover…1…2…3NO! Marie breaks it up! Mark goes for War Games on Marie but Marie counters with Ave Maria! All three are down and are going for tags. Marie and Karina make tags, bringing in Anastasia and Kim. Anastasia and Kim immediately come to blows. These sadistic women brawl to the outside. Kim smashes Anastasia with a ring bell. Anastasia reverses an Irish whip to send Kim into the steel ring post. Anastasia blasts Kim over her head with a steel chair. Then shockingly she passes the chair to Kim and tells her to hit her over the head with it! Kim happily obliges…only to pass the chair back to Anastasia and tells her to top that chair shot…Anastasia obliges! She pulls Kim up and rolls her into the ring. Anastasia pulls Kim up and drops her with The Red Scare! Before she can cover Mark breaks her in half with a spear! Mark tags out to Destiny! Destiny drills Anastasia with The Destiny! Karina in with the Ravishing Red Drop! Marie and Mark reenter the ring and everything breaks down into a massive brawl. Mark, Marie, and Karina brawl to the outside. Marie and Karina with dual superkicks to Mark taking him out. Then they brawl near the barrier. Mark up and charges forward, spearing them both through the barrier, destroying it and nearly destroying them. Meanwhile in the ring Kimberly and Anastasia are both up. Kimberly goes for a lariat but Anastasia counters into The Crimson Horror! The referee checks for a submission but Kimberly just has a sadistic smile on her face as if she enjoys the pain! Kimberly, who is a brilliant tactician herself, manages to reverse the Crimson Horror into a pinning combination…1…2….3NO! Anastasia breaks the hold! They both pop up at just about the same time. Kimberly with Shadowblade! Kimberly locks in Scorned. Just like Kim earlier, Anastasia has a sick smile on her face as if she enjoys the pain. Mark is in to break up the submission! Mark and Kimberly slug it out in the center of the ring but Mark gets the better of the exchange. He whips her into the ropes but Marie makes a blind tag into the match…Mark with Art of War to Kimberly! Marie in from behind with Ave Maria to Mark! The cover….1…2…3!]
WINNERS and NEW Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions: Twin Magic

Resurrection cuts to the familiar “Mocha With Morgan” set where Morgan Valentine is sitting in her own personal studio. Though, this particular episode starts out a little bit different as Morgan appears to be on the phone talking to someone else.

Morgan: Yeah… this “millennial problem” is really starting to get out of control. There are FAR more enablers than I figured there would be. But, I’m not worried! I have a plan that is going to take some great care of that.

A stagehand arrives with a cup of mocha.

Morgan: Seriously! It’s becoming far too rampant and this needs to be put to an end…

Morgan notices the stagehand.

Morgan: Hold on… (looks at stagehand)... WHAT?

Stagehand: You’re on right now!

Morgan: And that gives you the right to interrupt me? How rude!

Morgan sighs and briefly focuses on the conversation she’s having on the phone.

Morgan: Look, I need to go, okay? Talk later!

Morgan rolls her eyes and hangs up then rudely snatches the mocha away from the stagehand. The stagehand runs away and Morgan looks inside the cup…

Morgan: HEY!!!!! This is NOT mocha!!!!! GET BACK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan gets up and runs off camera with the cup. Sounds of the stagehand screaming and items crashing on the floor and on the wall are heard before there’s a faint sound of someone being shoved in a broom closet. Morgan comes back to her seat and becomes really pissed off… no pun intended…

Morgan: I am going to pretend that never happened! That’s okay because Isabella Harker… you are NOT pissing on my parade tonight. Oh you have no idea how much I ENJOYED beating you the fuck down on Friday and stealing your thunder after you beat James R. Knight! And now? I’m going to finish the job and take the piss out of your long-awaited Resurrection moment when I beat you for the International Championship and prove once and for all that Shotgun IS the superior brand to Livewire! Think about it! Shotgun has main evented the last FOUR Resurrections, including tonight, has it not? This includes THREE Civil War winners deciding to challenge for the World title as opposed to the Global title: Victoria, Myra and Brooklyn.

That’s because all three know which brand is really superior!

And after Victoria beat your ass last year, you ran off to Livewire because you knew deep down in…

Cameraman: She was DRAFTED to Livewire…

Morgan: SHUT UP! Nobody asked you! STILL, Harker, you knew deep down inside that you weren’t going to hack it in the long run on Shotgun so once you got to Livewire, you preached about a fresh start and all of that. Well, congratulations! You became International Champion and you were even able to defend the title on Friday! But this ends NOW! Your Cinderella story DIES at my hands and I’m going to beat the pumpkin carriage out of you so bad, you’re going to turn back into Elena Hammer! So… enjoy the magic while it lasts… because the clock strikes midnight with me!

Morgan sighs as she stands up and begins to walk out. She turns to her right where she sees the unconscious stagehand…

Morgan: By the way… I’m taking you to COURT for that!!!!

Morgan leaves her personal studio and slams the door shut, bringing “Mocha With Morgan” to an end.

(We cut backstage to the Britain’s Best dressing room. Sophie O’Brian is on a stool watching the monitor. Glory is standing up watching the monitor next to her. Julia Braddock is sitting on a bench recovering from her match against Darian Andrews earlier tonight.)

Glory: That was a tough loss…

Sophie: Mark did everything he could. So did Destiny, for that matter. It’s hard to blame them for the loss when we all know that chaos rules in a triple threat match.

(Braddock nods her head.)

Glory: You’re right, Sophie. And there’s no need to blame anyone. You win some and you lose some.

Julia: There’s more to it than that, ladies.

(The attention is turned towards Julia.)

Julia: I lost tonight, so did Mark and Destiny. Now it falls to you two to salvage the night. If you lose to The Sisterhood, think of how much crowing they’ll do tomorrow? The talk will be about how Britain’s Best didn’t live up to the hype.

Glory: Don’t I know it. But we’ve got bigger and better things we’re fighting for than to make sure we live up to the hype. Apocalypse as it is in its current form is a disease and we are the cure. Remember, sic semper tyrannis…

Sophie: …death to tyrants.

(The scene shifts.)

Resurrection cuts to the locker room where Myra Lynwood is leaning back against the wall. She’s in a sinisterly great mood as she is clearly happy with herself for the ruse that she and her husband Adrian Waters pulled on the fans with their fake divorce drama in recent weeks and months. She gets booed extremely loudly by the Las Vegas crowd as they clearly weren’t thrilled with having the wool pulled over their eyes. Yet, all this does is cause Myra to laugh as she begins to speak her mind.

Myra: The two questions I’ve been getting the last couple of days are “why?” and “how could you?” and yet, they go hand in hand. How could I do that to Jason Schneider? How could I betray a best friend, someone that I considered a brother? Why would I do such a thing? Part of the answer lies at the very beginning of how everything started. He sent me the cryptic letters, remember? He’s the one that organized and executed my kidnapping, if I remember correctly. THAT is a brother? No, that’s not being a surrogate sibling, that’s being sick! If he really cared about me, he would have shown up in GCW the moment he realized that I was in trouble… no mindgames, no bullshit… just show up and be the friend that he honestly never was. In fact, I was playing him all these years… seven long years…

Myra pauses to have an evil chuckle to herself before she continues.

Myra: He thought that we were cool after what he put me through years ago when we were at war with one another. He thought I was just going to forget everything he ever put me through! Gullible… so very gullible! And knowing the bastard the way I do, the moment I were to become say, GCW World Champion on Shotgun, he would have stabbed me in the back and tried to take it for himself because that’s the kind of conniving bastard he’s always been. He’s even cheated on the mother of his daughter, how can anyone trust him? Revenge… it’s sweet isn’t it? But Jason Schneider isn’t the only one I’m getting my vengeance against…

Myra’s expression turns into an angry and bitter glare…

Myra: There’s YOU, Victoria Salinas! Jason was just an appetizer, but YOU are the main course! Funny how two years ago, you were considered an “appetizer”, right?

Myra scoffs before retreating back to her angry glare.

Myra: And it’s even funnier how it ate at you. Now look at you! You’re flying high! You got married yesterday! You got inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame last night. And now… Resurrection. Oh we’ve heard the speech time and time again about you and flagship Pay-Per-Views, please spare us that! Everyone’s expecting you to win and why wouldn’t they? This is the kind of stage that you have thrived on again and again and my in-ring history against you is far from great. All these years, all you’ve ever been is in my way and you revel in it knowing that on a stage like this, that perhaps not even I should even stand a chance against you.

“I’ve won more world titles than you”

“You haven’t won on a flagship show since 2011!”

“When I beat you in UWA’s tournament, your run there was never the same”

“There’s no way I can lose on the biggest stage because winning on it is what I do”

Yeah, feel free to say those things and those of you out there, please doubt me! Please keep telling me I have no chance to win tonight! Because that… that is exactly what propels me! Ten years ago, here in this same city in fact, I was in a ladder match against seven others that so many felt I had no business being in at all, let alone winning. And 10 years ago, in Las Vegas, that’s exactly what I did. Tonight in Las Vegas… I’m going to do it again!

Your reality check is coming Vicky, when I overcome your pathetic mystique and aura! I beat you, I have my revenge and I take back everything you’ve ever taken from me! I finally shove you out of my way! With this match, I believe in myself more than ever before… I’m believing in myself more than I have in YEARS! You are done defining me, Vicky… after all these years, revenge is finally mine!

Myra has a bit of a glare after she finishes her thoughts before turning and leaving the locker room. The scene fades as the crowd boos her.

GCW International Championship
Isabella Harker (champion) vs. Morgan Valentine

[A technical, chain wrestling match is on display for the first few minutes with neither lady managing to gain a significant edge as they appear matched in technical wrestling. Frustrated, Valentine throws a right but Harker blocks it and starts to unload with rights, lefts, and then a series of power moves to overwhelm Valentine! Valentine manages to stop her momentum with a poke to the eyes. Valentine wears her down with a variety of suplexes and submissions. Harker fights back with more power moves and goes for Crushing Blow but Valentine avoids contact and nails Heartbreak 2.0 but Harker rolls to the outside. Valentine pulls her back into the ring. She goes for Swagger Bomb but Harker moves out of the way. Harker with The Stake! She covers…1…2…3!]
WINNER and STILL GCW International Champion: Isabella Harker

Resurrection fades in on Victoria Salinas who just walked out of the locker room and is now dressed to compete in her match against Myra Lynwood which is coming up in just a few minutes. Of course, with this being Resurrection, Victoria is as focused as she can be. She’s so focused that not even the sudden presence of interviewer Dexter Russell snaps her out of hit. His presence keeps her calm as he begins the conversation.

Dexter: Victoria…

Victoria: Yes?

Dexter: You don’t mind if I get a quick word with you, do you?

Victoria: No, of course not.

Dexter: Great! As we all know, we are a few minutes away from seeing you take on Myra Lynwood in what is clearly… a grudge that has built up for years and years. I’m sure by this point, you heard the words that Myra said to you earlier.

Victoria: Right…

Dexter: Do you have any thoughts on them?

Victoria: Where do I begin?

Victoria sighs and rolls her eyes before she continues.

Victoria: I really hate the picture that she’s painting that she’s somehow the “underdog” in this match when really, this is an evenly matched rivalry that we have going on here. I don’t know if this is part of some game where she tries to lull me to underestimate her or if she really feels that way, but either way, it’s a pity. She wants revenge… that’s clear…

Dexter: Revenge for your first world championship being at her expense… seven years ago…

Victoria: Exactly! And you know what the sad thing is? Even if she DOES win tonight, I STILL think she’s going to be miserable. Why does she want revenge for something that happened seven years ago? Why does she put so much blame on ME for some of the injury problems and the rare consistency issue that she’s had since then? It was one match… what did she want me to do? Lie down for her and give her a free title defense that night?

Dexter: I understand what you’re saying, Victoria. But, you don’t think that maybe she has a point?

Victoria: A point?

Dexter: The last time you two met in a one on one match, it wasn’t in GCW. It was elsewhere. Remember that Elite tournament in UWA? The semifinals? You beat her that night.

Victoria: I did, yes. But what does that have to do with now?

Dexter: Her UWA career pretty much went on a downward spiral after that…

Victoria: And that’s somehow my fault? I know Myra let that one get to her head, but SERIOUSLY? As far as her UWA run goes, things went south for her there for a LOT more reasons that had NOTHING to do with me and I’m going to leave it at that because this isn’t about UWA, this isn’t even about PRW! This is about GCW and the NOW and in case you haven’t noticed, while Myra spends weeks upon weeks beating the same narrative of the past to death over and over… I focus on NOW! I could care less about what happened in some stupid tournament a year and a half ago! I could care less about what happened seven years ago! Hell, if she wants to use her big breakthrough moment of TEN years ago to motivate her so much tonight, great!

But at the end of the day, for someone that preaches “wisdom”, Myra shows little to none of it when she’s getting hung up on the past! That’s all she knows how to do when it comes to matches like this… live in the past! Last year at Resurrection, all she wanted to do was destroy Jazmyn and be hung up on their past. Two years ago, all she wanted to do was focus on her world title drought of the time and to put that to rest. Myra loses matches like this on a stage like this because she can NEVER focus on what matters!

She’s not going to beat me, Dex! I hate to have gone on a tangent but for you to insinuate that maybe I had something to do with what she is today?

Dexter: It wasn’t an insinuation… more of… well… something to think about.

Victoria: Right. But still, at the end of the day, Myra Lynwood dictates her choices… NOT me! When she loses? It’s because SHE made that choice by deciding to hang on to the past and to this bitter hate she has toward me! She could NEVER have the burning desire to beat me on a stage like this!

Dexter: Thanks, Victoria…

Victoria takes a deep breath as Dexter stands aside. She begins to make her way down the hallway, fully focused on the huge grudge match to come as the scene fades.

(We cut backstage where we spot Angelica Jones and Kayla Jones standing by next to GCW journalist Dexter Russell.)

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Dexter Russell and here with me at this time are Angelica Jones and Kayla Jones, also known as The Sisterhood.

Angel: Your pleasure, Dex.

(He sighs.)

Dexter: Well tonight you two finally go head to head against Glory Braddock and Sophie O’Brian, a rivalry that has been brewing for quite some time now.

Angel: That’s an understatement if I ever heard one. You see, Dexter, this rivalry goes back to the day that British bitch broke into the business….

Kayla: Four B’s in a row, great use of alliteration, sis.

Angel: Shut up, sis. Anyway, she broke into the business and ever since she has been trying to one up me. Is it jealousy on my part? Yes, but you see that’s not all she’s done. She was once a leader of Camelot. She was once a leader of Original Intent. Both groups were hell bent on ruining GCW. She has tried to use her power when she was owner of GCW to her own advantage. And yet we’re supposed to forget about all of that? We’re supposed to forgive and forget? Never forget who the real heroes are in this situation. Kayla and me are the real heroes.

Kayla: I do feel rather heroic tonight.

Angel: We’re going to rid GCW and the wrestling industry itself of Glory Braddock and all of her ilk. You won’t appreciate it tonight, you will boo us and jeer us tonight, but later on we will be hailed and praised by you as the heroes who saved professional wrestling from the cancer that is Glory Braddock and the Braddock Wrestling Family.

Kayla: What my sister is trying to say is that tonight we’re going to kick their teeth right down their throats!

Samuel Price can be seen standing in front of a backdrop. He goes to put the microphone to his lips, but is interrupted by the clearing of a throat. The camera pans over to show The Brod.

Brod: “Take a hike, Sammy.”

The Brod takes the microphone out of his hands, pushing Samuel out of the scene. He looks to the camera.

Brod: “Tonight, we are going to witness history! Tonight, the number one wrestler in the world today defends her Championship in the bright lights of Sin City! It’s a moment that was made for the best of the best, and our World Champion will again find herself etched in history.”

The Brod smiles.

Brod: “Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honour tonight to present to you the GREATEST World Champion in GCW history… the Beverly Hills Bombshell… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS! WOOOOOOO!!”

Chantelle steps into the scene, dressed in a deluxe modification of her ring gear, and the GCW World Championship wrapped around her waist. A smirk remains curled on her face as The Brod places the microphone in front of her.

Chambers: “So this is Las Vegas… bright lights, big stars… and none are bigger than the one standing in front of you right now. When I burst onto the scene, I did so by winning the X-Division Championship in my very first match. No one has ever done that before me, and no one has ever done it since. It was an immediate impact the likes of which was foreign to GCW. And since that night, I have gone out there every night and fought. I gave my best every single time despite the fact that it seems none of you appreciated it. You never appreciated me. You never did. And despite that, I have fought to build not only my own brand, but Shotgun’s.”

Chantelle nods.

Chambers: “You may not appreciate the work I put in, but you can’t DENY it. I have put eyes on Shotgun that might have otherwise not been there. You don’t have to LIKE me, but you can’t deny my impact in elevating Shotgun to where it is today!”

She smirks.

Chambers: “And tonight, I’m going to make Brooklyn Smith FAMOUS! Face it… everything she has done is for the spotlight. She hasn’t been the altruistic hero. She’s been an attention-starved girl looking to get a moment in the spotlight. She won Civil War and decided to come after the one who would provide the biggest spotlight, and there is no bigger spotlight in GCW than the one that shines on ME. Belt or no belt, I have the biggest following… I have the grandest stage… I have people all around the world tuning in just so they could see me. And tonight, they are going to witness me turning away the challenge before me. They are going to see me reign! They are going to witness an historic evening.”

Chantelle sneers as she pats her Championship.

Chambers: “After being stuck with the dregs at last year’s show… after not even being NOMINATED for an award at last night’s show… tonight we return to reality. And reality is ALL EYES ON ME!”

Chantelle smirks again as she exits the scene, followed by the Brod who, before he passes, looks into the camera with a hearty…

Brod: “WOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

The scene shifts.

Victoria Salinas vs. Myra Lynwood
[At last, these two met at Resurrection and two of the very best gave it everything they had and then some. Victoria and Myra started out with some chain wrestling and they were clearly, evenly matched as two-counts were constantly traded and neither woman could gain an advantage over the other in the early going. It was until Myra pulled a cheap eye rake that she would be in control and during the course of the match, whenever she was in control, she’d focus on an offense reliant upon suplexes and a bit of a power/impact based attack. Myra was extremely aggressive and did everything she could in order to bring Victoria down. But, when Victoria was in control, it was because she took advantage of Myra’s overaggressiveness. Victoria fought a calm match and she relied upon her technical prowess as well as her speed. Of course, she would target an arm of Myra, while Myra’s offense largely targeted the spine. Victoria at one point brought down Myra with a spinning cradle suplex that shook the ring, but Myra kicked out as the fans cheered Victoria pulling out something out of the box. Myra though… actually attempted and connected with a SHOOTING STAR PRESS! Yet, Victoria kicked out. The unorthodox offense continued as Victoria slammed Myra into the ground with a sitdown powerbomb into a pin, but all she got was a two count. Myra pulled a Frankensteiner out of nowhere and got a pin, but Victoria kicked out. Toward the end of the match, Myra chick kicked Victoria then set her up for her chokesweep move… but it was countered into the Spirit Breaker!!! Victoria covered… NO! Myra kicked out. Burning Victory by Victoria… no… counter… RUSSIAN LEGSWEEP/COBRA CLUTCH COMBO! Cover… NO! Victoria kicked out! Myra went to the top…. 630…. BLOCKED! Busaiku knee kick to the gut! To the apron… BURNING DESIRE…. MISSED! Myra got Victoria up… BLACKBIRD BOMB!!!! Cover…. NO!!!!! Myra was stunned and locked in the Relentless Torture but after 5 minutes, Victoria grabbed the bottom rope! Myra was stunned that Victoria managed to get through all of her finishers without being beaten. Myra went for a clothesline… counter…. BURNING VICTORY!!!! MIDDLE OF THE RING! Myra quickly collapsed to the mat as Victoria pulled back the arm! So many times on the grand stage, Victoria had won matches with that Christos armbar… and this time… that would NOT be the case… at least not yet as Myra SOMEHOW inched her way to the bottom rope and grabbed it after 4 agonizing minutes. Victoria got pissed as she broke the hold, but held onto the arm...dragged her up and to the center and tried to apply it again. It got blocked, knee to the gut… BLACKBIRD BOMB! Myra covered again…. NO!!!!!! Victoria kicked out of it AGAIN! But Myra didn’t react… no… the look in her eyes grew colder. She got up in a huff, dragging Victoria along with her, then lifted her up and… A THIRD BLACKBIRD BOMB! Myra made an emphatic cover and hook to the leg and the referee dropped down. Victoria shocked the building when she kicked out of the first two Blackbird Bombs… and she shocked them again when she couldn’t kick out of the third one….]

WINNER: Myra Lynwood

[The crowd went dead silent in shock as Myra gingerly got up and got her hand raised by the referee. Myra had the biggest smile on her face as she was clearly the happiest she had ever been since winning the GCW Global Championship! Myra slowly left the ring and back up the ramp revelling in the silence and having done what nobody had ever done before: beat Victoria Salinas one on one on a flagship stage like Resurrection… and fair and square at that. Myra taunted the fans as she went to the back, clearly revelling in the latest of the biggest wins of her profound career as the announce team took in the shocking outcome of the match.]

(Backstage we spot Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams, the newly crowned Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions, walking to their dressing room with the title belts.)

Marie: That was a hell of a match!

(She pats Kim on the back.)

Marie: You took a lot of abuse in there, Kim. But you held in there!

Kim: What’s a little pain and punishment between sisters, right? Especially if it wins us tag gold, which it did! Besides, you scored the decisive blow, driving Marky-Mark’s skull into the mat!

(Jones nods her head.)

Marie: That I did, but now the hard part begins, we have to…

(They stop as they are approached by Angelica and Kayla Jones, who are headed to the ring for their match.)

Marie: …defend them.

Angel: Hi girls.

Marie: Mom…Aunt Kayla…

Kayla: Hi Marie, hi Kim.

(Kim smirks.)

Kim: This is kinda awkward! Sorry about kicking your BFF’s collective asses and stuff!

(Angelica sighs.)

Angel: We were torn in this match, we admit it. You are my children and I will always put family first, but Karina and Anastasia are Apocalypse and I consider them family as well. Plus Anastasia is legally family, my adopted sister. Tonight you two won, good job. You earned it. Don’t worry about defending the belts or reprisal from Karina and Anastasia right now. Just go out and celebrate. But understand that they will want their rematch.

Marie: I understand, mom. And trust me, Kim and I will be ready…Apocalypse or no Apocalypse…

(Angelica and Kayla nod their heads and walk off.)

Resurrection cuts to a hospital room where GCW North American Champion Andrea Hernandez is located. Despite being in such a setting, Andrea is awake and alert. She’s quite bandaged up after that brutal, Last Woman Standing match against Jenni Anderson, but for the most part, she’s in great spirits. She takes a sip from a nearby glass of water as she sits up on the bed focused on nothing but rest and recovery at this point. But, she’s about to have company…

Voice: Hey…

Andrea: Chels…

Chelsea LeClair walks into the scene and she and Andrea exchange a big hug before Chelsea sits down next to her former tag team partner.

Chelsea: I figured that I’d check up on you. My gosh, you really went through hell on Friday retaining your title against Jenni Anderson! For a second there, I thought you might have actually broken something…

Andrea: I actually thought I might have, to be honest…

Chelsea: Still… that is not going to take away from the fact that you surely fought the match of a lifetime out there. Clearly, that’s a far better Resurrection memory than last year considering what happened with Utopia and all…

Andrea has a small smile on her face in response.

Andrea: You can say THAT again!

Chelsea: Live long and prosper as the GCW North American Champion, right?

Andrea: Indeed! And now that Jenni is behind me once and for all, considering how it all turned out, I definitely feel like as the North American Champion, I can definitely take things to the next level! Anyone, anytime!

Chelsea: You’ve inspired me a lot, Andi, through everything! So much so that… well… remember that thing I told you about that I was going to tell you after your match?

Andrea nods.

Chelsea: So like, I clearly wasn’t anticipating I’d be saying this in this kind of space but… I was so inspired by your journey and all that I went to Henry Van Stanton… and we had a talk and well… uh…

Chelsea pauses out of some slight nervousness.

Andrea: Did it go well?

Chelsea: Oh yeah, it went great! So great that uh… I’m back.

Andrea: You’re back? Wait, Chels…

Chelsea: I’ve signed with GCW again and I’m back on the roster!

Andrea: That’s WONDERFUL! So, where are you going? Which show?

Chelsea: None… yet. I won’t know until the draft. But I’m SO EXCITED to start all over again! Hell, maybe we end up on the same show again!!! Wouldn’t that be so cool to be on Livewire together again? Maybe we can strive to win back the tag titles and make you a double champion!

Andrea: I wouldn’t be opposed to that. But… maybe you end up back on Shotgun…

Chelsea: Yeah… we’d be separated in that case since your title has to keep you on Livewire.

Andrea: Still… either way, I wish for the best for you.

Chelsea: Thanks Andi, that means so much coming from you!

The two exchange another hug.

Chelsea: Here’s to a great future no matter what!

Chelsea takes a sigh of relief, but is able to smile through it. She and Andrea continue their conversation, one that is quickly becoming a great one, reconnecting like the good old Sedona Sky days as the scene fades out.

Britain's Best vs. The Sisterhood
[It appears as if Angelica and Glory will start things off but to play mind games Angelica tags out to Kayla. Kayla in and starts off with a flurry of striking kicks and chops. Glory fires back and they go back and forth, tit for tat. They’re evenly matched until Glory manages to slow down the pace and work over Kayla with a variety of submissions. She tags out to Sophie. Sophie works over the neck with technical wrestling and submissions. Sophie and Glory make quick tags in and out to keep Kayla isolated. Glory goes for an Irish whip but Angelica makes a blind tag. Kayla and Angelica with a chop block lariat double team move. Angelica with a variety of suplexes and back breakers all with the intent of working over Glory’s back area. Kayla in and does the same, working over Glory’s back. They make quick tags in and out to isolate Glory. Angelica back in and locks in a bow and arrow submission. Angelica goes for the Angel’s Arch but Glory counters with a small package…1…2…Kickout! Angelica with a superkick! Angelica tags out to Kayla. Kayla and Angelica measure Glory for Wind & Fire but when Kayla goes for the Kaylan Wind Kick Glory catches the foot and drills an exploder suplex that sends Kayla flying into Angelica. Glory tags out to Sophie. Sophie with clotheslines, dropkicks, and a few forearm smashes to both Angelica and Kayla. Sophie throws Angelica out of the ring and then ducks out of the way of a roundhouse kick from Kayla and drills her with Death of Wisdom! A cover…1…2…3NO! Kayla manages to kick out! Sophie locks in Wisdom! Angelica eventually in to break it up. Glory back in and brawls with Angelica, sending both ladies tumbling to the outside. Sophie measures Kayla and goes for Ode To Braddock but Kayla counters into an inverted vertebreaker. Meanwhile outside the ring Angelica has exposed the cement floor. Angelica with a Hot Shot to Glory on the exposed cement floor! Officials take Glory to the back as the match continues. Angelica and Kayla make quick tags in and out isolating Sophie who now is without a partner. Several minutes later Angelica looks to finish things with a bulldog followed up by the Divine Impact but Sophie gets her knees up! Kayla in and she and Sophie both have the same idea and take each other down with clotheslines! The crowd comes alive as Glory Braddock comes limping back down to the ring! Glory back into her corner ready to accept the tag…Sophie makes the tag! Glory in taking down Kayla with clotheslines, dropkicks, and back drops! Glory goes for Beautiful Insanity but Kayla throws her with a Northern Lights release suplex! Kayla tags out to Angelica. Kayla and Angelica get set up…Kayla snaps off a Kaylan Wind Kick and Glory stumbles backward into a Hot Shot but Glory shockingly back drops out of it! Kayla looks to intercept but Sophie spears Kayla out of the ring! Glory with Beautiful Insanity to Angelica! A cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Britain’s Best

The Las Vegas crowd gets excited, as standing next to GCW interviewer Roderick Osborn is the challenger to the GCW World Championship in tonight's main event...Brooklyn Smith. Brook smiles at the huge ovation she receives.

Roderick: "Very soon, it will be time for the main event of Resurrection as two time World Champion Chantelle Chambers puts her title on the line against the 2018 Civil War winner, Brooklyn Smith. Tempers have certainly flared between you and Chantelle the past few months, but tonight, we will have an undisputed World Champion."

Brook nods, still smiling as she faces the camera.

Brooklyn: "Yeah, there's been a lot of talk. Chantelle comes into Resurrection tonight as the very best wrestler on Shotgun. She believes I don't respect her, and that's been her gripe ever since I won Civil War in February and announced my intentions to challenge her for her belt. I'm not stupid though, Chantelle. I certainly do respect your abilities in the ring. I am aware of both your outstanding wrestling ability, as well as your desire to win at any cost. This is the biggest match of my career to date, which makes you, Chantelle, my toughest opponent. I may not like you or respect your attitude towards this industry, but if you believe I don't respect what you will be bringing tonight...that will be your downfall."

Roderick: "Friday night, your best friend Jazmyn Rain defeated Kendra Classic to become a three time GCW Global Champion...does that give you any momentum going into tonight's main event?"

Brooklyn: "Oh my God I'm so thrilled for Jazmyn...you have no idea! Give it up for Jazmyn Rain Vegas!"

The fans start to cheer and begin a "Jazmyn" chant for around a minute, causing Brook to laugh.

Brooklyn: "Damn right! Her winning does my soul a lot of good and lifts my spirits! But momentum? No. I will need a hell of a lot more than momentum to defeat Chantelle Chambers. I will need patience. I will need skill. I will need to be tough. I will need desire..and I will have all of those things. My Daddy told me when I was still a teenager that I would be a World Champion one day. Tonight, I will make Jack proud! And I haven't forgotten what I told you, Chantelle. If you defeat me fair and square tonight...I will shake your hand and personally lift your arm in victory. See you soon."

(We cut backstage to the Britain’s Best dressing room. Julia Braddock and Destiny Skye both are there, both with big grins on their faces following the result of the most recent tag team match.)

Destiny: Now that’s what I’m talking about! I knew they’d kick their Apocalyptic asses from pillar to bloody post out there! I just knew it!

Julia: Leave it to Glory and Sophie to come through in the end. Things may not have worked out well for the two of us but the night damn sure ended on a good note.

(Skye sighs.)

Destiny: Yeah, but still it would have been awesome to leave with some gold, y’know?

Julia: I know but there will be another time and another place. We’ll get more opportunities.

Destiny: You maybe, but what about me? When I was with Hannah we had opportunity after opportunity and never claimed the tag titles. I got another opportunity tonight and still failed. Eventually GCW will quit giving me opportunities.

Julia: Then earn them, mate. I know you, you can do it.

(Destiny is about to reply when there is a knocking at the door. Julia furrows her brow out of curiosity.)

Julia: Who could that be?

Destiny: Mark and Sophie? Glory? Your dad, maybe?

(Braddock shrugs as she gets up and approaches the door. She opens it and standing there is a young delivery man holding out a bouquet of flowers.)

Young Delivery Man: Uh…these flowers are for Julia Noel?

Destiny: The name is Julia Braddock, twerp.

(Braddock chuckles.)

Julia: He means me, Destiny.

(She accepts the flowers and the note that goes with them. She shuts the door.)

Julia: This is the second time in two weeks.

Destiny: Yeah, you have a secret admirer.

Julia: Clearly.

Destiny: What does the note say? Maybe they identified themselves?

Julia: Don’t know, but there is only one way to find out.

(She opens up the note and reads it aloud.)

Julia: “Some believe Prince Harry and that American klutz deserve the pomp and circumstance they received, but only you, the one true Princess of Royal Majesty, deserved all praise and worship. You were a once and future Queen and to this day you are a beautiful flow, much like these flowers you see before you.”

(Braddock quickly tosses the note and flowers aside. Destiny looks at her curiously.)

Destiny: You ok?

Julia: No…no I’m not. This is no secret admirer, Destiny, this is a stalker, a stalker who knows too much about me…way too much…

(The scene shifts.)

Main Event
GCW World Championship
Chantelle Chambers (champion) vs. Brooklyn Smith

[Brooklyn starts out fast and furious against Chantelle, gaining an early and decided advantage. Out of nowhere Chantelle with Heartbreak floors Smith. Chantelle with the Jaw Drop. Chantelle whips Smith into the corner and charges in with a stinger splash. Chantelle boots her in the gut until she slumps down in the corner. Chantelle with Flash! Chantelle with a butterfly suplex and then a sambo suplex. A cover…1…2Kickout! Chantelle with a snap suplex and then an abdominal stretch. Brooklyn fights out of it with a hip toss! Brooklyn with a clothesline, a dropkick, a back elbow smash, and a snap suplex! Brooklyn goes for a slam but Chantelle slips out of it and nails a reverse STO! Chantelle locks in a figure four. Brooklyn reaches the ropes eventually but Chantelle drags her back out to the center and reapplies the hold. Brooklyn eventually turns Chantelle over, reversing the pain! Chantelle reaches the ropes and the hold is broken. They pop up at about the same time and start to trade rights and lefts. Brooklyn gets the better of it and nails Chantelle with a snap suplex and then a belly to back suplex. Brooklyn with a Tornado ddt and a cover…1…2Kickout! Brooklyn whips Chantelle into the ropes but Chantelle comes back with a step-up enziguri! Chantelle with a cover…1…2…3NO! Smith kicks out! Chantelle with a swinging neck breaker. Chantelle pulls her up and goes for a whip but Smith reverses. Brooklyn goes for a clothesline but Chantelle ducks and locks in a sleeper hold. Brooklyn starts to fade away. Just when it appears as if she’s going to go out Brooklyn fights back to her feet, feeding off of the cheers of the crowd. Brooklyn with a jaw breaker to break the hold. Brooklyn connects with Seeing Stars! A cover…1…2….3NO! Chantelle gets a foot on the bottom rope! Brooklyn with a swinging neck breaker and a belly to belly overhead suplex. Brooklyn climbs up top and goes for The Night Cap but Chantelle moves out of the way! Chantelle with All Eyes On Me out of nowhere but the momentum sent Brooklyn out of the ring! Chantelle goes outside and attempts to perform All Eyes On Me on the outside but Brooklyn fights out of it and shoves Chantelle face first into the steel ring post. Brooklyn with The Hammer Comes Down on Chantelle on the outside! But there can be no submissions outside! Brooklyn keeps it locked in while the referee counts…1….2…3…4…5…6….Brooklyn breaks the hold…7….8…Brooklyn rolls Chantelle back into the ring. Brooklyn goes up to the top and connects with The Night Cap! Cover…1…2…3NO! Chantelle kicked out of the Night Cap! Brooklyn is stunned! She shakes it off though and goes up top, looking for another, but Chantelle moves out of the way! Chantelle looks for All Eyes On Me but Brooklyn counters into a roll-up…1…2…3!]
WINNER and NEW GCW World Champion: Brooklyn Smith