2019 GCW Draft

admin
Site Admin

2019 GCW Draft

Post by admin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:48 pm

The GCW Draft has become an annual tradition. It is a night where the foundations of both Livewire and Shotgun will be completely and utterly changed and the careers of many GCW superstars will be altered as the General Managers of both shows compete for the best talent in the company today. It is a special night where the entire GCW roster will be in attendance to learn their fate for the coming year. This year the GCW Draft show will be held on June 1st at the PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is an appropriate setting, since Raleigh is the headquarters of Global Championship Wrestling.

OOC: What this means for you...

Our first show after Resurrection is always our draft show. We started holding the draft simply so that we could have one time out of the year to restore balance between the rosters but over time it evolved into an opportunity for everyone in the fed to hit a reset button, so to speak. If you want your character to change shows for any particular reason, this was your chance. I know June is still several months away but I also know that we all operate at different speeds. Some of us fly by the seat of our pants while others of us prefer to be meticulous and have things planned out in advance. So I wanted to give everyone an advanced warning and plenty of time to plan ahead for the future of their characters.

Between now and the end of May you need to let someone on staff (me, randy, gary, g) know of your intentions for each of your characters. Do you want them to stay where they are or do you want them to change shows? That simple.

Understand that this was originally based on balance and we do still take that into consideration. We will do everything in our power to make sure your request is met but some of you may not get what you want. For example, if everyone but Gary's characters on Livewire wanted to move to Shotgun then I'd be in a pickle wouldn't I? Can't hardly book Tim Myers vs. Rich Dix every week for an entire year. lol OR if every Shotgun tag team wanted to come to Livewire, randy has no tag division then. lol Or if one brand is too heel heavy or too face heavy. We do want to maintain balance as much as possible and that means some of you may not get exactly what you want. But I do not want that to discourage you from telling us what you want. Please! By all means make your request. What I would suggest, however, is prioritize your requests. Tell us in order what your requests are, in order from the one you want the most all the way down to the one request that would like to see happen but doesn't really matter...get what I mean?

Hopefully this made sense. In any event, contact the staff once your mind is made up and your requests are ready. We have a google doc set up that we are constantly updating as the requests come in. You can send in your requests and change your mind up through the end of May.