Shotgun 09.04 <results>

randy

Shotgun 09.04 <results>

Post by randy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:34 pm

The show opens up in the catering area backstage, with various members of the crew milling around either doing their job or grabbing snacks and drinks. Over by the seating area, Bella Downing sits on her phone, casually flicking through social media before a shadow passes over her and she looks up before her eyes widen in surprise.

Bella Downing: “You?!”

The camera shift and we see none other than AJ Helms stepping into the shot, before dropping down onto the couch next to Bella.

AJ Helms: “Yep. Me. Who else would actually come find your annoying ass in order to talk to you, huh?”

Bella slaps AJ on the arm but he only chuckles.

AJ Helms: “So what, nobody told you I was coming tonight? I mean, I got a triple-A and everything!”

AJ shows her the AAA pass hanging from his belt but Bella just shakes her head.

Bella Downing: “Nobody told me a thing, dude. I’d have hidden a little better if I knew you were coming…”

Bella smirks and AJ actually laughs.

AJ Helms: “Touche, shithead. So… when we doing this?”

A look of confusion washes over Bella’s face.

Bella Downing: “Doing what?”

AJ Helms: “Tag titles. The contract you won at civil war. You need a partner and I can’t help thinking that I’d be outstanding in that vacancy, so… when’s our shot?”

Bella looks shocked.

Bella Downing: “You’re not even on the roster, dude. What makes you think I’d pick you?”

AJ Helms: “Yeah well, I’m pretty sure that chick that runs the joint would be cool handing me a pay as I wrestle type of deal, I mean it’s like Jase says, it’s all about the name, right?”

Bella Downing: “You think Tabitha is gonna hire you just because you’re a Helms?”

AJ scoffs, before sitting back, throwing one leg over the other.

AJ Helms: “Bella, the Helms surname means bank in this business… well, maybe not with that douche that’s hanging around here already, but he’s definitely no relation. The REAL Helms family are definitely a license to print cash though, you know that as well as I do.”

Bella frowns.

Bella Downing: “Doesn’t mean I’m gonna pick you just because just because of it though…”

AJ Helms: “Okay… then how about the fact I’m a two time world tag champ in SCW? Pedigree AND previous experience. AJ Helms and Bella Downing, World Tag Team Champions… hell of a ring to it, right?”

Bella thinks for a moment before shaking her head.

Bella Downing: “Look dude, I appreciate the offer, alright? But I’m not gonna pick you just because we’re friends, alright? You’re not a part of the roster, so picking on you would be a kick in the teeth of those who are. Besides, no leg up’s remember? I already had an easy ride getting a deal here because I trained at AnteUp and BlackOut. No more help, I wanna do this on my own… or with someone else, I guess? You know what I mean!”

AJ looks affronted at first but then he just grins.

AJ Helms: “Alright asshat, I know when I’m not wanted… Seriously though Bella, just make sure you pick the right person, alright? Just thinking about you; this could be your first title, you have to make the right call.”

Bella nods.

Bella Downing: “I know, dude. And I have an idea already, but… well, I actually need to confirm what set of belts I want to go for first anyway. In fact, I should probably go see Tabitha now. Enjoy the show, alright? Afterwards, we’ll hang out.”

AJ Helms: “You got it!”

AJ throws a thumbs up at Bella as she jumps up and rushes off, leaving AJ sat there. He looks around, before frowning.

AJ Helms: “Okay, now what the fuck do I do?”

He looks around once more before finally pushing up from his seat and heading off in the opposite direction to which Bella headed in. The camera lings for a moment before fading to black.

--

The camera’s cut back to ringside and begin to scan the crowd for a few seconds before cutting to the front row where EMERGE wrestlers Tommy Wasley and Johnny Taylor are standing, leaning on the guard rail. They both wave to the camera as a graphic appears on the screen, which says “Moustache Ride members Tommy Wasley and Johnny Taylor” with “EMERGE Wrestling” in smaller font underneath. The fans around them cheer and pat the boys on the shoulder as Johnny waves to those around them and Tommy blows the camera a kiss. They turn their attention back to the ring before the scene fades out again.

--

NO DQ.
Kellen Jeffries vs Alan Monroe

Two men known for their chaotic tendencies had no issue with the General Manager changing there match to a NO DQ contest. There wasn’t much texas catch can wrestling in this one. Kellen and Alan brawled. Alan hit Kellen in the balls with a Kendo Stick. Later in the match, Kellen powerbombed Alan through a wooden table on the outside of the ring. Kellen got Alan back in the ring, tried to cover him, Alan kicked out at two. Alan managed to execute a top rope brain buster that Kellen kicked out at two. This was an exciting brawl the fans enjoyed to death, in the ring, Alan tried swinging for the fences with the same Kendo Stick he nut shotted Kellen with, only to miss, Kellen caught Alan off guard with a Stunner (Game Misconduct). That was enough to finish off a very game Alan Monroe

WINNER: Kellen Jeffries.

The crowd was pleased. Nice distraction from the injury his wife suffered at Civil War. A happy ending to start off Shotgun.

--

The show fades back in and we see Kat Kelly and Aubrianna Powers standing in catering, drinking coffee. With neither scheduled to compete that night, they’re dressed to the nines and know it. Both women are ignoring the looks from various members of the crew.

Kat Kelly: “Did you hear her though? She’s so full of shit love, that I’m surprised the EPA aren’t declaring her immediate vicinity a no go zone. She needs one of them bubbles like they drop over Springfield in the Simpsons movie…”

Aubrianna doesn’t really seem to be listening as she’s busy looking at her phone. The gap in conversation makes her realise that it’s probably time she said something but she has no idea what they’re actually talking about.

Aubrianna Powers: “Sorry, who we talking about again? I wasn’t listening…”

Kat Kelly: “Yeah, no shit love. Bella! She’s full of shit, did you hear her earlier? Doesn’t wanna team with AJ and play off the Helms name? What a pile of shite.”

Aubrianna Powers: “Well, YOU don’t play off of the Street name? Isn’t that kind of the same thing?”

Kat scoffs.

Kat Kelly: “Not even remotely close love, don’t be daft. I’m NOT a Street, even if my dad is. I was raised a Kelly, brought up by Kelly’s. I may have come here to get to know my family, but I’m not gonna disrespect the Kelly name too.”

Aubrianna Powers: “You’re definitely the Most Valuable Kelly!”

Kat smirks.

Kat Kelly: “Damn straight love, though that’s not really the point right now is it? Bella is. Her and her ugly mug. That means face before you say anything. Did you actually hear anything she said earlier? Besides, I’m not being funny, but she’s gonna need someone as good as AJ if she’s gonna be carried to gold, ya know? Fucking hell, she got the luck of the irish and now she’s gonna waste a title shot that could go to us in Sovereign. Bloody typical of this place, that…”

Aubrianna nods her head in agreement.

Aubrianna Powers: “Yeah, well, Bella isn’t the smartest cookie in the jar, is she? Just challenge her to a match with her contract on the line, she’ll fall for it hook line and sinker…”

Kat thinks about that for a moment.

Kat Kelly: “Not a bad idea, love. Got a little something else to do first though, given our little visitor to our corner of the wrestling world…”

Aubrey looks confused.

Aubrianna Powers: “Visitor?”

Kat Kelly: “AJ… I get he’s all matey with the skanky twatwaffle and stuff, but don’t you think someone like him should be in with US instead? I’m not saying let’s bring him into The Sovereign, but if he IS gonna ask Tabs for a contract, he should be knocking about with the right people. Besides, I know he’s got a bird and stuff, but he’s pretty cute as well, so who knows. Maybe he’s up for some extracaricular activities…”

Aubrey’s face screws up in confusion.

Aubrianna Powers: “Aren’t you related to him? That’s a bit weird isn’t it?”

Kat shrugs before waving the comment away with a flick of her hand.

Kat Kelly: “I guess technically yeah, but it’s through adoption and a pretty strenuous link. Trin’s my half sister, her and Regan are cousins - I guess that makes her my cousin too, not that I’ve ever bloody spoken to her - but AJ’s her adopted kid, ain’t he? No blood relation…”

Aubrianna Powers: “Still a little weird though…”

Kat Kelly: “Stop being so bloody pedestrian, love. Okay, how do I look?”

Aubrey looks her up and down before smirking.

Aubrianna Powers: “Hot as fuck, naturally.”

Happy with the assessment, Kat adjusts her clevage to give a better view before turning back to look at Abrianna.

Ket Kelly: “Then I’ve got me a Helms to go and find. Don’t bother wishing me luck, I won’t need it.”

Kat winks at Aubrianna before turning to take her leave. Aubrey watches her walk away before pulling her phone back out of her pocket to go back to whatever she was doing as the scene fades out.

--

We open backstage to find GCW roving reporter Roderick Osborne standing in between two competitors well known in GCW. The camera is zoomed into Roderick at this moment and we cannot make out who his guests are at this time.

Roderick: Ladies and gentlemen my guests at this time are Marie Annabelle Jones and Kimberly Williams, the pairing better known as Twin Magic!

The camera zooms out and we see Marie standing to Roderick’s left and Kimberly on his right. Or could it be the other way around? They are identical twins so who really knows?! It doesn’t help that their ring gear is identical this time as well. What we do know is that the crowd apparently are happy to see them, as the fans can be heard cheering in the background.

Roderick: Thank you for joining me ladies!

Marie: Our pleasure, Roderick.

Roderick: Last week you both were participants in the Civil War Match and…

Marie: Hold on, Roderick. Let me stop you right there, because I have something to say.

She motions to her twin sister Kimberly.

Marie: Last week Kimberly…

Kimberly: Or am I Marie?

The identical twins chuckle in unison.

Marie: Does it matter?

Kimberly: Not at all.

Marie: Right. As I was saying, last week Kimberly made me realize something very important, something that I overlooked about our Civil War participation. We were invited to participate. Invited? Roderick, I don’t mean to sound arrogant or full of myself, but I was the first ever World Champion in GCW when it was brought back in 2012. As for Kimberly, she and I together are former Undisputed Tag Team Champions in this company. It should be understood that we would participate in Civil War, but instead we were invited in order to fill space because GCW needed more competitors to fill up the rings.

Roderick: Are you suggesting you fill disrespected?

Kimberly: Yes.

The Phoenix holds up her hand to silence her sister.

Marie: Well...yes, we do feel disrespected. But it isn’t entirely GCW’s fault. We haven’t been pressuring this company the way we should have been.

Kimberly: That’s right, opportunities have been there but instead of reaching out and taking those opportunities we have just been sitting back and waiting for those opportunities to get handed to us. We’re done waiting, Roddy. From here on out we’re going to take our opportunities. We are going to force this company and Silverstone in particular to sit up and take notice of the two of us, of Twin Magic. And it starts tonight. I’m sure Tabsy has some pushovers, some curtain jerkers set up as opponents, and that’s fine, tonight we’ll take our frustration out on whoever the hell comes through that curtain, but you’d better sit up and take notice, because Twin Magic is back and we’re not going to settle for anything less than the best.

Kimberly and Marie turn and walk off.

--

Twin Magic In Action:

Making their tag return to Shotgun for the first time in a while, Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams were set to face off against a team from a local Ottawa indy fed. But that wasn’t to be, because instead Twin Magic would face off against a pair billed as Johnny Wasley and Tommy Taylor, by the team name of ‘The Beardy Tour’. The roof nearly came off when the two teams made it to the ring, but no one was more surprised than Kim, who really hammed it up to the crowd that she was shook. Eventually, after a quick word between the four in the middle of the ring, Marie and Kim shrugged before nodding. The bigger bearded Wasley gave Kim a quick kiss on the cheek before the two teams retreat to their respective corners. The match itself was a real showstopper and had the fans on the edge of their seat the entire time; both teams were going big to put on a hell of a show for the fans and traded pin attempts and double team moves for the entire duration. In the end though, there could be only one winner and it was the GCW faithful that were happier as Kimberly managed to hit Taylor with the Shadowblade while Wasley and Marie fought on the other side of the ring and Kim managed to get the 1, 2, 3.
Winners: Marie Jones and Kimberly Willians, Twin Magic, by pinfall.

After the match, the not-so-secret EMERGE tag team hugged it out with Twin Magic in the ring before holding their arms aloft in victory and the fans cheered for all four wrestlers as the scene faded out.

--

The show cuts backstage to the office of Tabitha Silverstone, with the esteemed Shotgun general manager sat behind her desk reading something on her tablet. She slides the screen up a little and frowns before sighing. She puts the tablet down on the desk just as a knock comes from the door.

Tabitha Silverstone: “Come in…”

The door to Tabs’ office opens and in walks Bella Downing, and the fans can be heard in the background cheering a little before she closes the door behind her.

Tabitha Silverstone: “I did wonder when I’d be seeing you, Bella… please, take a seat…”

Tabitha motions to the empty chairs on the other side of her desk and Bella walks to the nearest before sitting down.

Bella Downing: “Would have come earlier dude, but I had to deal with an idiot…”

Tabitha Silverstone: “I saw. I assume that he isn’t actually looking for a contract? I would be interested in discussing it with him if he was genuine…”

Bella shrugs.

Bella Downing: “Never know with AJ. Could have been joking, or he could have been serious… I meant what I told him though, I don’t want to team with him.”

Tabitha Silverstone: “Well, my door is open if he does want to talk… but what about you? I assume you’ve come to a decision over what you want to do with your civil war contract?”

Bella nods.

Bella Downing: “I have. I mean, it’s kind of crazy dude, because I wasn’t expecting to be in this situation to be honest, but it wasn’t exactly a difficult decision to decide on which titles I want the shot to be for…”

Tabitha Silverstone: “Okay… and for confirmation?”

Bella Downing: “World Tag Titles. I know the draft is coming up, and that there’s every chance I’ll end up on Livewire anyway, but Shotgun is where I call home and I’m not forcing anyone’s hands. I want to face MooreAmerica.”

Tabitha smiles, before nodding.

Tabitha Silverstone: “Good. I’m glad to hear you want to continue on Shotgun, Bella. I don’t just want to work with the best talent on this brand, but nurture it too. Your placing at Civil War was impressive and I hope I can continue to help your career moving forward… that does leave one question hanging in the air, however.”

Bella nods.

Bella Downing: “Who I team with… I know, it’s been something I’ve been wracking my brains over. I have one idea, but I still need to talk to--”

As Bella speaks, there’s a knock on the door and the door opens to reveal Katrina Lopez, who walks into the room.

Katrina Lopez: “Hey Tabs, I was thinking--”

This time, Katrina stalls, as she realises that Tabitha isn’t alone.

Katrina Lopez: “Oh. Um. Well, this is awkward. I can come back…”

Bella gets up, shaking her head.

Bella Downing: “Nah, it’s cool dude. We were pretty much done anyway, you stay and talk to Tabitha about whatever you have on your mind, but do me a favour… swing by my locker room when you’re done. We should talk.”

Bella walks over to Katrina and holds out a fist. Katrina looks a little stumped before bumping fists with Bella and Bella, content, heads for the door, leaving Katrina and Tabitha to it. Katrina watches the door swing shut before turning to Tabitha.

Katrina Lopez: “So… that was odd?”

Tabitha Silverstone: “Welcome to my world every single day…”

Katrina smirks.

Tabitha Silverstone: “So… what can I do for you?”

Katrina, still smirking, walks towards the seat vacated by Bella as with that, the scene fades out.

--

[In a locker room backstage, we find D'Nae Moore in front of a mirror. Dressed in a denim mini-skirt with strips of fabric on the sides – blue background with white stars, and a red t-shirt with one large white star in the middle, she also has her GCW World Tag Team Championship belt around her waist. She turns one way, then the other, smiling at herself. From out of the shot, we hear a voice...

“Got Dayum!”

[D'Nae turns, and the camera angle widens to show the voice came from Jeffrey Alexander. D'Nae smiles bigger.]

Jeff: “That gold sure does look hot on you.”

D'Nae: “Just like I knew it would.”

[D'Nae leaves the mirror and walks over to her man.]

D'Nae: “Sure hope it's not a distraction for you later tonight, you got some ass to kick yourself. Maybe I should leave the belt here... or just stay back here.”

Jeff: “Nah, no need for that. You worked hard to get that gold, you should show it off any chance you get. You and ya girl.”

D'Nae: “Aight. But you didn't say if you wanted me to go out there with you...”

Jeff: “It's falls count anywhere, we might not even stay by the ring. Might be best if you kept some distance.”

[D'Nae pouts a little.]

D'Nae: “What if I walk out with you, show all this hotness off, then get on out the way?”

Jeff: “Deal. Now do me a favor before I go get ready.”

D'Nae: “What's that?”

Jeff: “Gimmie a lil turn, let me see every angle of that gold around your waist.”

[D'Nae smirks, it was a fair request, given Jeff had played a small but important role in MooreAmerica's win at Civil War. D'Nae takes a step back, and raises her arms overhead, before doing a slow turn, shaking her hips as if music was playing, or she was perhaps doing a strip tease, only without the stripping. Once facing Jeff again, she rests her hands on her hips, just above the belt.]

D'Nae: “How's that?”

Jeff: “Perfection. Just the motivation I needed. Now, go find ya girl to figure out how y'all gonna brag to the world. I gotta get ready for later.”

D'Nae: “Psht. You always ready. Kick her ass, boo.”

[D'Nae plants a kiss o Jeff's cheek before exiting the locker room. The door closes behind her and she turns to go down the hall, but after taking only two or three steps, comes across none other than Miss America, her tag partner and co-champion.

D'Nae: “Hey giiiiirll!”

Miss America: “D'Naeeee!”

[Miss America is also wearing her belt. The champions hug, swaying back and forth, then back away, hands on each others shoulders.]

D'Nae: “I think me and you got some hardware to show off.”

Miss America: “Yes indeed! Nothing wrong with a little American pride! Love your skirt, by the way.”

[D'Nae smiles as the two go together down the hallway, arm in arm.]

--

Adrian Waters vs Karina Lysenko

The Ottawa crowd was firmly behind Adrian and he controlled the early stage of this contest. Karina used an eye poke to gain a temporary advantage, slamming Adrian's face into the top turnbuckle several times before monkey-flipping him out of the corner. Karina went for a double axehandle off of the middle rope, but Adrian caught her with a forearm to the gut, which he followed up with a DDT. This time, it was Adrian's turn to ascend to the middle turnbuckle, coming off with the Smart Elbow. 1-2-3.

Winner: Adrian Waters

As Adrian was announced the winner, his wife and manager, the beautiful blonde Tiffany Manning entered the ring, kissing Adrian and handing him a microphone. He thanked her, then looked out at the cheering fans.

Adrian: "I have to admit, that no one expects to be traded out of the blue like I was last week. On the other hand, I suppose my performance over the past many months has been less than exceptional, so by that token, I certainly don't fault Mr. Floyd for using me to make a trade deal with Ms. Silverstone. Coming back to Shotgun has brought forth lots of different emotions. Obviously, Shotgun is my first home as a professional wrestler. It's where I won my first World title. It's also where I met my soul mate, the woman whom I will be spending the rest of my life with."

Beside Waters, Tiffany beams and squeezes his hand. He looks at her warmly before returning his attention to the crowd.

Adrian: "On the other hand, Shotgun is where I was a ruthless person when it came to active competition. I had few friends. I purposely hurt people, both physically and emotionally. I was nearly killed in a match against Victoria Salinas as a member of Shotgun. When I returned to GCW after I healed from my extensive injuries, Tiff and I went to Livewire to get a fresh start of sorts. You know, people actually have told me I was better as a 'bad guy,' or using the wrestling slang, as a 'heel'. Maybe I was more successful then, but the price I paid as a result of my actions was just not worth it. So, yes, I have these mixed emotions, but my overall feeling is excitement. I am very greatful to Ms. Silverstone for..."

Adrian abruptly stops talking when a chorus of boos rings out from around the arena. He is obviously confused by the negativity coming from the audience, but he immediately understands when hiw wife points up to the jumbotron, where the face of his former friend and mentor, Trenton Snow, looks out at him.

Trenton: A-DRI-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Trenton chuckles to himself.

Trenton: Relax Adrian, I'm not there. Scouts honor.

The camera pans back to Adrian.

Adrian: Hard to have honor when you don't have any?

The crowd says a collective "ooooooooooooooooooo." Scene switches back to Trenton. He isn't too bothered by the dig.

Trenton: Honor doesn't pay the bills, money does. Speaking of, that's why I am gracing you with my presence. I thought you knew me. Weren't we friends once? Didn't I teach you anything. I said flat out from the start the only reason I came back was to make you relevant against. Mission accomplished. Because of the Best for Business, Adrian-Tiff-Rina war, these fans are more behind you now than they ever were. I gave you the villain to give your life purpose. I did my job, Adrian. Instead of moving on, trying to become champion, making me proud. You are under the misconception we have unfinished business. From where I'm standing, Tiffany is fine. You had your dream wedding. Life is supposed to be good, nope, still obsessed with me. Damn shame too. I didn't feel like coming back to accept your challenge. Why? What is in it for me? Nothing... until now.

Trenton smiles.

Trenton: Resurrection season. GCW NEEDS Adrian vs Trenton to happen. It is a big money match. GCW would get down on there hands and knees for us to wrestle one on one. I did what I do best. I worked out a deal. I am a member of the Shotgun roster until Resurrection. I promise, you won't need to wait that long to get your hands on me. I will be there in two weeks. Not via satellite. I'll be there in person. See. We both get what we want. Happy now?

Waters is quiet for several moments, soaking in everything Trenton said. He covers the mic and speaks privately with Tiffany for a few seconds, then looks up at Trenton's image.

Adrian: "Am I happy, you want to know? Yes and no. I have been accused throughout my career of being too arrogant. I don't necessarily see a small to moderate amount of arrogance as a bad thing, but too much is certainly a problem. I'm standing here listening to you, Trenton, and I realize you have too much arrogance for your own good."

The crowd pops.

Adrian: "I'm relevant again because of you? Hearing that is supposed to make me happy? Look, your scouts discovered me wrestling in New York and you brought me to GCW. You get credit for finding me. I have thanked you numerous times, and I have meant it every time. But, you have the gull to say that you are the reason I'm relevant again? What is this again bullshit, Trenton? When was I NOT relevant? I've been relevant since the day I stepped foot in GCW! I've done things to get to this place that I'm ashamed of, but I NEVER stopped being relevant! NEVER! Do I have you to thank for that?"

Adrian pauses for effect, but the crowd can be heard shouting their "NO's". Adrian shakes his head.

Adrian: "Hell NOOO! I have ME to thank for that! I have Tiffany to thank for that! I have all these fans who have supported me since I returned to GCW last year to thank for that! NOT YOU!"

The crowd is now cheering, so loud, in fact, that Adrian has to wait a minute before speaking again.

Adrian: "Oh yes, while I'm talking about Tiffany, let's talk about your attack on her. I should be happy she's fine after you tried to break her neck, right? Well, I am. More than you'll know. I may have turned over a new leaf, Trenton, but I haven't exactly embraced the Christian turn the other cheek philosophy. You bailed before I could properly pay you back for what you did to MY wife and I WILL GET MY POUND OF FLESH!!! In that respect, I'm happy you're coming back. I can't wait to see you again. Don't disappoint me again, Trenton."

Scene fades.

--

Backstage we find Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams, the identical twin sister tag team known as Twin Magic, walking through the halls. It would be impossible to tell them apart this time because they are dressed identically tonight. They approach a dressing room with the name “Fabulous” marked on the front. Marie (or is it Kim?) knocks on the door. A few moments later Summer Collins emerges.

Summer: Marie...Kim...which one is which?

Kim: Stabby, stabby.

Collins nods her head. Marie chuckles.

Marie: Is Jessica available?

Summer: She is but she wants to be alone. She is in a Falls Count Anywhere Match and wants to make sure she is mentally ready for the match.

Kim: You mean she wants to make sure she is mentally ready to tear Jeffrey Alexander a new asshole?

Collins shrugs her shoulders.

Summer: Maybe? Point is, she wants to be alone.

“It’s ok, Summer…”

The voice comes from within the dressing room. Summer turns around and finds Jessica Lasiewicz emerging from the dressing room.

Jessica: I can always make time for my sisters.

The Archangel turns to face her half-sisters.

Jessica: It’s great to see the pair of you back. It hasn’t been the same without you and I wish Silverstone had booked you more often.

Marie: It isn’t entirely her fault. Kim and I haven’t had that killer instinct that we once had. Two years ago at Resurrection VII we won both sets of tag team championships to become THE undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions. After we lost the belts we became content. We were willing to just settle for whatever GCW was willing to give us. We’re finished being content, though, and that’s why we’re back.

Marie’s Polish half-sister nods her head.

Jessica: That’s good to hear; being content and just settling can kill a career. Summer and I are not going to settle. We are going to fight back and become tag team champions again and it starts tonight after I maim Jeffrey Alexander.

Kimberly Williams, The Wild Card, smirks knowingly.

Kim: That’s what I love about ya, Jess! So honest!

Jessica: But you know what else is good about your return? It means that maybe we can have that tag match we always wanted. Fabulous versus Twin Magic, not in a gauntlet, not in some stupid clusterfuck, just two on two, to see who is the best.

Marie: It would be our pleasure.

Marie, Jessica, and Kim embrace in a tight hug before Marie and Kimberly walk off.
---

The scene opens up in the parking garage outside of the arena, where we see AJ Helms standing, smoking a cigarette and browsing his phone. He takes another drag before flicking the ash into the wind, minding his own business as the door opens behind him and out steps Kat Kelly, looking around before catching sight of him. Smiling to herself she walks over to where AJ stands.

Kat Kelly: “You lost, love?”

AJ looks around at the sound of Kat’s voice, spotting her walking towards him. He has a confused look on his face as Kat approaches, holding out both hands for a hug. AJ backs off though, blocking her off.

Kat Kelly: “Not a hugger, huh?”

AJ Helms: “Not when I don’t know the person, no…”

Kat Kelly: “Oh come on now love, is that any way to talk to family, huh?”

AJ looks confused before realisation washes over him.

AJ Helms: “Now I get it… Kat, right?”

Kat smiles, nodding.

Kat Kelly: “Got it in one love.”

Instead of the hug, she holds her hand out to AJ and he flicks his cigarette away before briefly shaking hands with her.

Kat Kelly: “So I heard through the grapevine you were thinking about looking at getting a contract here?”

AJ shrugged. He didn’t look entirely comfortable talking to Kat, which she was more than aware of.

AJ Helms: “Wouldn’t say I was looking. I offered to team with Bella, but she wanted to do her own thing, so…”

Kat Kelly: “Well, you should definitely consider it love. We run this bitch, The Sovereign. If you want us to help with negotiations, I’m always up for helping out. Just call, any time.”

AJ looks awkward.

AJ Helms: “Yeah, I think I’m good…”

Kat ignores his rejection completely, just smiling at him.

Kat Kelly: “Come on love, no need to be so standoffish with me, we’re practically family aren’t we? Tell you what…”

Without warning, Kat grabs AJ’s phone.

AJ Helms: “Hey!”

He goes to try and grab it, but she half turns so it’s out of his reach and she quickly taps some numbers in the call screen before punching the green button. Her own phone begins to ring in her pocket before she ends the call.

Kat Kelly: “There we go, got your number now. I’ll call you later this week, we can set something up. You live in the Hills, right? I’m only in Thousand Oaks, we can do coffee.”

AJ opens his mouth to speak, but Kat doesn’t give him the chance.

Kat Kelly: “It’s real nice to meet you love. Talk soon, yeah?”

And with that, Kat winks at AJ before heading for the door back into the building. AJ stands there watching her leave, until the door swings behind her, leaving him alone in the parking garage.

AJ Helms: “...the fuck just happened?”

--

Cameras go backstage to see Jody Rainer, for the first time ever with a smile on his face. Even if it's five minutes of fame, he'll still take it as he stood proud regardless of how long he'll get from the attention he's been craving for. He starts to speak. You told the world at Civil War on asking people if they had any idea to toil away in a developmental company? Do you have any idea how fucking"

Jody Rainer: "It's about fucking time I get the attention I deserve after my whole life I've been ignored. Last week, a sixteen-year-old boy told me, while sitting in the streets of New York as I'm still homeless told me I'm a title contender to face against Slade Merriman for the X-Division title. From the videos I've seen because you know, some grown man took me to the library since nobody in this fucking company will train me to improve on my wrestling, nor care about me as a whole, to watch some X-Division matches. From what I've seen, that's exactly the type of match I want to be in, doing high flying stunts just so people will look at me and say to other fans, did you see what Jody did in the match?"

That's the kind of attention Jody always dreamed of and he hadn't gotten any, up until this point, smiling like he was proud to be in the spotlight tonight and continues to speak.

Jody Rainer: "Point still stands, doesn't it? Not a single fuck in this damn company has given me any attention, not even the champions like Slade in this place. What do I do to get people speaking about Jody? Maybe I'll randomly start attacking people backstage, just so you idiotic wrestlers will talk about me, especially you tonight Slade. I will be pissed off if you don't say a damn word about me. Nobody has mentioned anything of what I've done since I arrived in GCW and that pisses me off. Even what I did in the Civil War match, didn't get me any attention."

The crowd booed Jody, still bitching and complaining about the past, although this was a happy side of Jody. Even if people were confused with Jody's anger.

Jody Rainer: "I know you've recently defeated the former champion, Brooklyn Smith, even if it was assisted by Angelica Jones. I know I won't win the title that way because nobody in this damn company cares about me, especially I'm still living in the streets. Yes, you successfully defeated other opponents before you, but you've not faced someone who's so angry and unpredictable in the ring right now. I've only lost one solo's match since I've been here and I've done this all without any help from any of you selfish bastards."

Jody remembered the match Slade had to defend his title at the Civil War PPV along with the things he briefly mentioned at the PPV as well.

Jody Rainer: "Yes, we also know you successfully defended your X-Division title from those two, but the difference is, between them and me is it would be embarrassing if you were to lose a title to a rookie wrestler who's learning wrestling all by himself without any help and has only lost one solos match in his career. You told the world at Civil War on asking people if they had any idea to toil away in a developmental company? Do you have any idea how fucking grateful you were to get all the help you needed to be a successful wrestler because you had the money to do so? I've never had that opportunity you douchebag. I never had a tag partner or anything to get into this business. I still have to learn on my own, I found an advertisement of joining GCW because Shotgun was looking for new wrestlers to be on their roster because I wanted to make money to gain fame and attention I crave instead of selling drugs and alcohol as every homeless guy and girl does."

The crowd boo him more, especially when Slade will be considered the fan favourite out of the two in the match and Jody continues to speak again.

Jody Rainer: "After what you've said on that PPV, I will make sure to give you a headache once I've punched your brains out because of how much you've pissed me off with your stupid statements. Tonight the era of Jody will begin as I will bust you so bad that you will not ever forget about Jody ever again. I will pin or make you squeal like a bitch where you wouldn't stand from the pain I'll give to you. See you out there, you broken and blooded asshole as I will walk away as your new X-Division champion."

Jody drops his microphone as he walks to his locker room before the cameras go elsewhere in the arena.

--

X-Division Championship
Jody Rainer vs Slade Merriman (c)

Two people the crowd didn’t care for. Judging by the reactions from the crowd before the bell rang, Slade Merriman was the higher on the two evils spectrum. He taunted the crowd by holding up his X-Division Championship. He rolled out the ring. Got in the face of a grandmother who was booing him. He grabbed his crotch in front of her. More distain. Jody exited the ring, walked over to Slade, got in his face. Slade, not taking too kindly to this, headbutted Jody in the face, rocking him back. Just as Jody took a swing, Slade ducked, he ran back into the ring. He yelled at the referee to ring the bell.

A good part of the match was Slade running from an angry Jody. The crowd was growing sick of this. Slade tripped. Jody pounded, grounding and pounding Slade to his hearts content, the cheering was more as the prospect of Slade getting beat up, not for Jody himself. Which Jody was content with. Noticing Slade was defenseless, the referee did separate Jody from Slade, Jody took exception to his. Slade caught his bearings just enough to kick Jody low. Not in the balls, the inner thigh. No dq in this instance. For good measure Slade kicked him in the same spot again, the referee warned Slade. The X-Division Champion grabbed his crotch.

The crotch grabbing would come back to haunt Slade. There came a point in the match where Slade tried to clock Jody in the face with the X-Division Championship. The ref stopped him. Grabbed the belt. Went to hand it to the ring announcer,. Jody took the opening. Kicked Slade clear in the balls. Dropped him with a package piledriver. Made the over. And just like that, a brand new X-Division Champion was crowned.

Winner (AND NEW) X-Divison Champion, Jody Rainer.

Jody wasn’ in the mood to stick around to celebrate with the fans. He took the belt, walked off, went to the back. Slade screamed at the referee Jody cheated. He kicked him below the belt. The ref shrugged, not caring that Slade was telling the truth about being screwed over.

--

Backstage, Samuel Price stands alone, looking into the camera.

Sam: "There is, no doubt, plenty of controversy surrounding the GCW World Championship after Civil War. That is not the only title which has had plenty of controversy around it, however. I am referring to the GCW X-Division Championship. Slade Merriman may have won it under questionable circumstances, but at Civil War, he retained the title successfully. The way he did so may not have been honorable, but it was perfectly legal. That brings me to my guest at this time, one of the challengers for the X-Division Championship...a woman who many feel has now been screwed over twice by Slade Merriman. I am, of course, tlaking about Brooklyn Smith."

The crowd immediately start to cheer as the camera pans back, revealing the beautiful Brooklyn Smith standing next to Price. Brook smiles briefly before brushing some hair out of her eyes and looking at Sam.

Brooklyn: "Thank you, Sam."

Sam: "You are quite welcome. I understand you have a very specific reason for wanting this interview tonight?"

Brook frowns and nods her head. She then looks into the camera.

Brooklyn: "Yeah. First, to touch on what you said about Slade. Yes, he and Angelica Jones robbed me of the X-Division Championship back in January. At Civil War, though, as you pointed out, Slade beat both myself and Angelica. He did it in a way he shouldn't be proud of, but in the end, it was a legitimate win. But, I don't want to talk about Slade. If he can sleep at night being the way he is, that's on him. I want to discuss what happened after the match."

Sam: "You are referring to your attack on Angelica."

Smith nods again, her eyes cast downward.

Brooklyn: "I'm not proud of what I did. In 2018, I became World Champion, but my reign was cut short by a fluke accident, I guess you'd say. Don't get me wrong, Chantelle and I are cool, and no one can deny she's one of the best World Champions this company has ever seen. But, besides the injury itself, the loss so early on after I won the title and felt like I was on top of the World...it stung. Then I returned and I won the GCW X-Division Championship. I was champion for quite a while, but the way I lost it was, once again, very upsetting and frustrating. By the time Civil War came around and Slade basically stole my pinfall? Legal or not, it sucked. It hurt. I lost my cool."

Sam: "...and you attacked Angelica Jones with a chair."

Brooklyn: "Yes."

Brook takes a deep breath, her eyes moist.

Brooklyn: "I pride myself on being someone young women and men who want to wrestle one day can look up to. There is so much trechory, anger, and hate in this sport, and I do my best to be a shining light in the darkness. I use the hash tag 'fight the good fight'...and I really want to be that person who will fight the good fight, no matter what. But, I slipped, and I feel horrible about it. so, I just want to say I'm sorry...to Angelica. To all my peers and fans. You all expect better from me, and I let you all down. I read all of your tweets and I know Angelica has been under my skin and in my head for a long time and that both her and her sister have done their best to make my life hell...but that is still no excuse. I'm better than that! At least, I thought I was."

Sam: "I feel pretty strongly that I speak on behalf of all your fans, as I am one myself, when I say that you have not let anyone down. You are human and all humans have their breaking point. The fact that you are out here right now to apologize speaks volumes about your character."

The fans cheer their support of Price's words, causing Smith to giggle slightly.

Brooklyn: "Thank you, Sam. Thank you all, too. I'm my own harshest critic. It's important to me to lead by example, though. But, as the old saying goes...on to bigger and better things, right? Right?"

The fans shout "Right!" back to Brook and she smiles her first big smile of the interview.

Brooklyn: "I love all of you! You have nooo idea just how much! Thank you!"

With the crowd roaring, Smith first startles Sam by kissing him on the cheek before she walks off as the scene switches.

---

Taped Earlier…

Mariah can be seen inside an ornately-decorated bedroom - her’s, She sits in front of a mirror, looking herself over.

Mariah: “I know what you’re thinking.... Why am I here at home instead of there in Ottawa?”

She laughs.

Mariah: “I mean did you REALLY expect me to travel to Ottawa? Do you think Ottawa deserves me? Ottawa deserves to see me even less than Ottawa deserves to lift the Stanley Cup! And from what I’m told about the standings, that’s pretty terrible.”

Mariah turns away from the mirror, looking at the camera.

Mariah: “No… I will be back on Shotgun in two weeks. And when I do, you will see that I am truly a BETTER CLASS of Bombshell.”

She turns back to the mirror, blowing herself a kiss, then catching that kiss from her reflection as the scene fades.

--

Backstage in a darkened part of the arena we find the silhouette of a female figure. She is wearing a black cloak with a hood. The silence of this eerie scene ends when the female figure begins to speak and the voice is instantly recognizable as that of Jessica Lasiewicz…

Jessica: You know what I love about America? It is the land of opportunities. It is a place where dreams come true. There are absolutely no limits to what one can achieve in America. That’s what is truly great about this nation.

The Polish athlete turns around and then throws the hood of her cloak off. We can see into the fire of her eyes. There is an intensity that is unmatched as she stares into the camera.

Jessica: This land is covered in the blood of those who have fought and died to ensure that everyone has the same opportunities, so that everyone can be treated equally. Thus the meaning of America should always be coveted, honored, and protected. And that is why people like D’Nae Moore and Miss America make me absolutely sick.

A sneer crosses across Jessica’s face.

Jessica: This isn’t sour grapes. I have no problems congratulating the team that beats me and Summer, and I would have had no problem shaking your hands after this was all said and done. I would have personally handed the titles over to you. But you didn’t us on your own and that is why I can honestly say that you two…MooreAmerica...you two are the opposite of what this country is about. America is about progression, but you two are about regression. You set everything in this company and the tag team division back. Did Summer and I need any outside interference to become tag team champions?

The Archangel shakes her head.

Jessica: No, we did it on our own. We were outnumbered, having to deal with Fame & Fortune and their Suffrage backup, but we still did it on our own with no help. But you two...in the irony of all ironies...you two couldn’t accomplish a damn thing were it not for a MAN doing it for you.

Lasiewicz claps sarcastically.

Jessica: Way to be a pair of feminist role models, ladies! Keep on perpetuating the lie that women can’t do a damn thing without a man to help them, because that’s the only message your championship victory at Civil War sent. There’s just one problem with your little plan, ladies. You didn’t realize just who you would piss off. Because yes, this is America, but America is a melting pot of many cultures and many ethnicities. I am Polish but I call America home. And the thing about the Polish is that many have tried to take us down but we keep getting back up. We’re not just survivors, we are winners, and while Summer and I may have had a slight bump in the road at Civil War thanks to your little Stepford Boy Toy, we will get back up and keep coming at you until we win our titles back.

The Archangel sneers angrily.

Jessica: Speaking of the Stepford Boy Toy, you should have kept your nose out of our business. Instead you got involved to protect your investment and that’s fine, Jeff, but understand that you have written your own death certificate. Tonight isn’t going to be Fabulous. Tonight isn’t about The Archangel, because an archangelic fights evil, demonic forces. Tonight you will stare into the eyes of the devil herself, The Morning Star, and thanks Tabatha Silverstone who made this falls count anywhere, I have a license to maim you.

She shuts her eyes.

Jessica: Dobranoc, Jeff…

--

Falls Count Anywhere
Jessica Lasiewicz vs Jeffrey Alexander

“Victory” played in the arena. Jeff didn’t come out. The reason why was made apparent when the an image of Jessica mounting Jeff in the gorilla position is shown on the big screen. She is choking the life out of him. Beside them is a steel chair, it doesn’t take long to piece together exactly how the match unofficially began. It wouldn’t be made official until the bell rang. No referee was present. Jessica didn’t give a damn. She was content for the time being choking the life out of choke. Not wanting to black him out completely she gets off him. She grabs the steel chair. She tried to bring the head of the chair down across his throat. At the last possible minute, Jeff rolls out the way. He is crawling as slowly as humanly possible, still feeling the off screen attack. Jessica slowly stalks him like a predator as he crawls his way into the arena, on the stage so the crowd can see what shape he is actually in. Jessica brings the steel chair across his back. He felt that. And again. Jeff is in a bad way. Jeff rolls onto his back, Jess tries to bring the chair down on him, he kicks her in the shin. Getting kicked in the shin isn’t pleasant. Gives Jeff enough time to delay her onslaught. She goes for another chair shot, Jeff rolls out the way. Tossing the chair aside, she goes to ground and pound, before she can do anything, a powdery substance is thrown in Jessica’s eyes. She grits her teeth. Finally having some breathing room, Jeff separates himself from Jessica, leaving her on the ramp, he managed to get to the ring, pulled himself up. Slid inside.

After that hot open, Jeff and Jessica had a brawl that came down to Jess showing off his vicious she was, not holding anything back. Jeff used his obvious size, strength advantage over her. He did show his athleticism when he leaped over the top rope connecting with a senton to a standing Jessica. He at one point dived from the top rope, driving an elbow through Jessica who was laid out on the announce stable. Jess showed she could take his offense. At several points during the match she whipped him like a dog, ten lashes to be precise. For a Falls Count Anywhere Match, they kept it localized for the most part.

Towards the waning moments of the match, Jessica dropped Jeff with a Pure Deformation (Skull Crushing Finale) on a sea of thumbtacks. Not finished, she goes for the Four Card Trick (Elevated Figure Four Leglock). Jeff screamed in pain. Just as he was about to tap out, D’Nae Moore and Miss America came out to break things up. Didn’t take long for Summer Collins to appear. She climbed to the top rope, D’Nae and Miss America took notice. Flying Crossbody took both of them down. Jessica got up to her feet. Jeff caught her with a modified version of Turn Out The Lights (instead of a top rope hung Corkscrew Neckbecker, he nailed a standard Corkscrew Neckbreaker). Jeff looked to be going for the kill until... Kellen Jeffries pulled Jeffrey out the ring, dropped him with Game Misconduct (Stunner). He slid back in the ring to help Summer with MooreAmerica as Jessica recovered. Rolling out the ring, noticing Jeff out, she reached under the ring, grabbed a strap. Locked in a STF, for good measure, used the strap as leverage. Jeff tapped out as fast he could.

Winner (by Submission): Jessica Lasiewicz

Jessica rolled back in the ring. MooreAmerica went to check on Jeff. Summer and Jessica thanked Kellen for the unexpected assist. Kellen left. Jessica and Summer celebrated getting their revenge on MooreAmerica for the way the tag team title match ended.

--

Backstage we find Angelica Jones pacing the floor angrily, impatiently, almost like a caged lion. Few would dare approach the dangerous Jones in this situation, and the only ones who would are her family. On cue, the GCW Heritage Champion Kayla Jones steps into the scene. She spots her sister and cautiously approaches her.

Kayla: Angel? Sis, are you ok?

Angel: Not right now…

The younger sister shakes her head.

Kayla: Don’t be that way, Angel. Look, I know you really wanted to become GCW X Division Champion, we both could have held onto some gold and that would have been great, but it didn’t happen. At least I retained my championship and as for you? You’ll get another opportunity?

Angel: Kayla, now is NOT the time…

Kayla: Angel…

Suddenly, the matriarch of the Jones family stops pacing, turns, and grabs Kayla by the throat.

Angel: Do not call me Angel. It’s Angelica.

She releases her grip.

Angel: And yes, you did retain your championship. I’m happy for you. But how many more opportunities am I going to get? And I looked pathetic out there. Brooklyn could have ended me if she wanted to, that’s how far I have fallen.

The GCW Heritage Champion arches a brow out of curiosity.

Kayla: What are you suggesting?

Angel: I’m suggesting that maybe it’s time to remind the world....and hell, maybe even remind myself...just what I am capable of when I am determined, when I am focused, and when I am severely pissed off.

Kayla: Dragon?

Angelica smirks nastily.

Angel: Yes, Dragon.

--

The show heads backstage again and this time we find ourselves in the locker room of Bella Downing, who is sat on a chair watching the previous events unfold. Tape delay is a pain in the ass. She switches off the monitor though when there’s a knock on the door and when it opens it’s once again Katrina Lopez that walks into the room.

Bella Downing: “You took your time…”

Katrina looks a little unsure of the situation, but Bella starts to smirk and finally Katrina grins.

Katrina Lopez: “Fuck you…”

Bella laughs before motioning to the empty chair by hers and Katrina walks over to grab some wood.

Katrina Lopez: “So listen, I didn’t mean to interrupt anything earlier.”

Bella Downing: “Ah don’t worry about it dude, you weren’t interrupting anything. Just had to confirm to Tabitha that I wanted to stay on Shotgun and challenge for the World Tag titles rather than go to Livewire and challenge Rising Tide. This is my home, I’m not going anywhere else just because I’ve got a golden ticket.”

Katrina Lopez: “You don’t wanna see what life is like on the other brand?”

Bella shook her head.

Bella Downing: “Nope. Unless the draft sends me there I’m team Shotgun through and through. It was Tabitha that took a chance on me when she offered me a deal and I wanna repay that favour.”

Katrina looks impressed.

Katrina Lopez: “That’s cool. Loyalty is kind of rare in this business, it’s nice to hear.”

Bella Downing: “Yeah well, life isn’t always easy, so you learn to remain loyal to those that stick by you, dude.”

Katrina Lopez: “Sounds like you have a few stories to tell…”

Bella Downing: “Ah dude, you have no idea…”

Katrina Lopez: “Speaking of having no idea, what am I doing here right now?”

Bella laughs.

Bella Downing: “Shit yeah, forgot I asked you to come here for a reason. Okay, so.”

Bella sits up straighter and leans on her knees.

Bella Downing: “My tag shot. You have to have noticed that I don’t exactly have a partner for this thing, right?”

Katrina Lopez: “I guess. I mean you’re not in a team but I figured you’d have options.”

Bella nods.

Bella Downing: “I mean, I do. AJ is here tonight watching the show, he already offered but that doesn’t seem fair, that I bring in someone who doesn’t even work for the company just to get a shot.”

Katrina Lopez: “Yeah, that’s something I think a lot of people can agree with.”

Bella Downing: “Minerva is another option too, but she’s already in the world title hunt and I’m not gonna distract her from what she wants. Scream Machine are already a team and I wouldn’t ask either of them to leave Livewire for the sake of a title shot on Shotgun, that isn’t right, so…”

Katrina sits waiting for Bella to get on with whatever her point is. Bella chuckles.

Bella Downing: “Well do you want the gig or not?”

Katrina is clearly caught off guard by this, not expecting it.

Katrina Lopez: “Wait, what?! Me?”

Bella Downing: “Did I stutter?”

Bella grins as Katrina seems a little lost for words. She tries to pull herself together though, despite still being in a state of shock.

Katrina Lopez: “I mean, uh… yeah, definitely, I definitely accept, but… why me?!”

Bella Downing: “I need a partner. It has to be someone who works for GCW on Shotgun and someone who isn’t a total dick bag. The way you gave Kat Kelly shit? That tells me all I need to know about what kind of person you are, so if you want the shot, then let’s do it.”

Katrina grins. After a second, she gives a confident nod.

Katrina Lopez: “Alright, lets do it. I’m in!”

Bella Downing: “Music to my ears dude, music to my ears…”

Bella leans forward and for the second time she holds out a fist. This time, Katrina doesn’t show any hesitation in hitting the fist bump and both women sit back in their chairs as the scene fades out.

--

Backstage we find the only hall of fame journalist in GCW history (and if you don’t believe us, just ask her) Janice King. She has a beautiful bright smile on her face but standing next to her with a scowl is an unhappy MVP, the former GCW World Champion Aubrianna Powers

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am the ONLY journalist to ever be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame, I am Janice King! And my guest at this time is a woman who by all rights should be the GCW World Champion right now, The Most Valuable Powers, Aubrianna Powers! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule for this interview, Aubrey.

Aubrianna: Anything for you, Janice. And thank you for such an honest and truthful introduction. I should be the GCW World Champion. It isn’t my fault Silverstone can’t make a good decision.

King nods her head.

Janice: Why do you think she made such a horrible decision to vacate the title?

The MVP shrugs her shoulders.

Aubrianna: How the hell do I know? It makes no sense to me or anyone else, because anyone with any knowledge of wrestling knows that the champion must be pinned or made to submit to lose the title. Neither happened. Minerva could not pin me and she could not make me tap out. Therefore by default I should retain. But Silverstone chose to vacate the championship.

Janice: Do you think it was out of fear of Minerva or was she just catering to the fans?

Aubrianna: A little of both, but clearly it was bias against me.

Janice: What measures are you taking to get your championship back?

Aubrianna: I have the best attorneys money can by working on this injustice as we speak, Janice. But what I will address right here and now is this false narrative that I am afraid of Minerva or that I need help against Minerva. I have beaten tougher odds than that and come out on top. Why should I fear Minerva? So I’ll tell you what, if all you care about is ratings, then this should perk you up Silverstone. Give me Minerva, one on one, with no outside interference. It doesn’t even have to be for the title. I’m sick of this narrative that I need help from someone to beat her. So give me Minerva...anytime, anywhere, no outside interference. That’s what I want. I will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am Simply The Best and The MVP of GCW.

--

The big screen shows the “Off Air” colours, running down the time…

.:5:.

.:4:.

.:3:.

.:2:.

The screen goes black. Suddenly, the beginning of “The Look” by Roxette begins to play. The lights rise up as the crowd cheers. Brittany Kayl steps bursts out from behind the curtain, a big smile on her face. She raises her right arm in the air, her hand balled in a fist, prompting the crowd to cheer further. The actual song picks up with the lyrics.

Walking like a man
Hitting like a hammer
She's a juvenile scam
Never was a quitter
Tasty like a raindrop
She's got the look

Brittany takes a quick skip atop the ramp before making her way down the ramp, slapping the hands of the fans along her path down towards the ring.

Heavenly bound
Cause heaven's got a number
When she's spinning me around
Kissing is a color
Her loving is a wild dog
She's got the look

Once at the bottom of the ramp, she takes another quick skip to build a little speed, running to the ropes and sliding under the bottom ropes. She moves to the corner and raises her arms for the crowd as they continue to cheer.

She's got the look (She's got the look)
She's got the look (She's got the look)
What in the world can make a brown-eyed girl turn blue
When everything I'll ever do I'll do for you

After being handed a microphone, she hops down off the turnbuckle and moves back to the middle of the ring, an enthusiastic smile on her face as this home-nation crowd gives her a raucous ovation. She looks around the crowd, overwhelmed as she mouths “Wow”.

Kayl: “You guys…”

The ovation continues, prompting Brittany to double over in the ring, her smile bringing out laughter. She looks out over the crowd as they cheer.

Kayl: “You’re too much, but dammit if I’m not enjoying the HELL out of you right now!”

Again, the partisan crowd responds favourably.

Kayl: “So I… uh… I guess you guys heard the news? Two weeks ago, I walked into the GCW Civil War. I was told going into that match that I had no chance, that I didn’t deserve the main event spot at Resurrection. But instead of taking those words to heart, I put my nose to the grind and wouldn’t you know it? I went out there and won the WHOLE… DAMN… THING!”

The crowd explodes into another chorus of cheers.

Kayl: “At Civil War, I had the night of my career. I fought through this company for damn-near six years, and I’ve always waited my turn. I waited through countless others getting their time at the top and leaving… I’ve seen so many World and Global Champions come and go in my time that I’ve lost count. But despite that I STAYED! I’m still here fighting to make that dream come true and two weeks ago, I moved one step closer to that dream. Now, I have a guaranteed Championship match in the main event of Resurrection! But before then, I have a decision to make. And make no mistake, this was still a difficult decision. After all, the path I choose here could determine the rest of my fate here in Global Championship Wrestling. If I choose the wrong Champion to contend for, I could choke at Resurrection and be left trying to find a new path to the top. Hell, the wrong decision could be career-ending. So with that in mind, Tabitha… please join me here.”

She paces around, looking to the top of the ramp. As she does this, as if on cue, Tabitha Silverstone emerges from behind the curtain. She walks down to the ring, climbing in with Brittany. As she moves to the corner, she’s presented with a microphone.

Silverstone. “First of all, congratulations.”

The crowd roars.

Silverstone: “I know how much this opportunity means to you. Your brother is a former GCW World Champion, and a member of the GCW Hall of Fame. Your cousin is one the people most often associated with the fabric of the industry we all work in.”

Brittany nods her head as the crowd cheers.

Silverstone: “But I’m not here to ruminate on family legacies or try to play up to your Canadian roots or anything. As you know, as the winner of the Civil War, you have a choice: You can go to Resurrection to challenge Lenore Price-Mason for the GCW Global Championship, or you compete for the World Championship from Shotgun.”

Brittany smiles a bit. She nods her head, after all - this decision had been on her mind for weeks.

Silverstone: “However, there IS still a cloud hanging over the World Championship situation. As you know, at Civil War I had no choice but to vacate the Championship. The Sovereign were getting too involved, and the match had no control. Your decision here is going to play into what I do next… So Brittany… if you may…”

Kayl: “Tabitha… I know it’s a big decision. I know the wrong decision could alter the course of my career. But for me, there was never a choice. Whether it was Aubrianna Powers or Minerva, I was always going to challenge for the GCW World Championship!”

The crowd explodes in cheers as Tabitha smiles widely.

Silverstone: “I was hoping you’d say that. After all, this narrative goes all the way back to Survival of the Fittest. No one knows what would have happened with you, Minerva, and Aubrianna had it not been for The Sovereign’s interference. And now, we have a chance to get that answer. Therefore, at Resurrection, you will be challenging for the vacant World Championship along with Aubrianna Powers and Minerva!”

Brittany nods her head, mouthing “Thank you” as the crowd roars wildly.

Silverstone: “And to ensure we finally have closure, there with no one permitted at ringside. Everyone will be banned!”

The crowd cheers again at the thought of the main event match that had just been made.

Kayl: “Thank you, Tabitha… and for anyone who wanted to say I couldn’t get it done, stay tuned. At Resurrection… there’s no more chase. I’m ending the show as World Champion!”

The crowd roars again as Brittany’s music plays. She plays the the crowd as the show goes to an end.