Livewire 9.07

Ironman
Site Admin

Livewire 9.07

Post by Ironman » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Backstage…

The scene opens up on a shot of the GCW Global Tag Team Championships. The sound of pacing behind them can be heard.

Bash Kincade: “Did you hear, Hugo… Scream Machine get their wish to have us in a cage…”

He laughs.

Kincade: “These women are truly outta their minds if they think a CAGE is going to be an advantage for THEM against the Rising Tide!”

The camera pans back, where Hugo and Bash turn to the camera,

Kincade: “Ya see, ladies, we know you’re smart enough to know that we ain’t gonna take it easy on you. You’ve just completely lost it if you think we’re gonna sit by and LET you take our titles! The way you bitches been talking, you think this is gonna be a cakewalk. Newsflash: In the times we’ve come together in tag matches, YOU AIN’T BEATEN US!”

Hugo shakes his head, wagging a finger.

Magnussen: “Not once. We’ve beaten you, sure. And while there were extenuating circumstances in that last contest, the fact remains that you have yet to defeat us even once. You want to think that you’re the favorites, that you are going to be able to wrestle these Championships away from us? Keep telling yourself that, because all that you’re going to have after Resurrection is another loss on your record. And with the cage, no one will even humor your excuses as to why that would be.”

Kincade: “So make sure you’re one hundred percent, because after we beat you at Resurrection? Ain’t nobody gonna say there’s ANY better than the Global Tag Team Champions, The Rising Tide!”

The scene immediately cuts out.

('Sleeping Giants’ by Hyro Da Hero begins to play.)

Forget the cops, I hate the world, I hate the people in it,
Hate that ignorant mess you love hearing,

This that dose of reality you fearin’
Hope I’m buried yes but can you pass the test

Recycle thoughts recycle dreams we’re not satisfied
We chase after the same thing

We hold us back we’re fighting us
And when we scream we silence us.

So we all make a deal with the devil,
because negativity is perceived to be better,

We never…to resist …so it’s routine
so we pretend that we ..in our teams

and ..to live like .. open up your eye realize what you are on the inside

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

Let my words be the bullet heard throughout the chaos,
Let my message sink into your brain and never fade out.

The world spins and spins and never changes up,
We are people of pattern and I’ma shake it up

We just dance and laugh like what’s up, what’s up
Shut the f*ck up, get up your butt and do something

In war, start a war, fight the peace,lie to me,
Stop runnin around so silently

‘cause I’m gonna be what I was designed to be and
That’s the voice, a voice of youth, a voice of truth,

A voice for you , a real voice that AINT MOTHERF*CKING AUTO TUNED!!!

When we let the blind lead the blind,
We fall off the cliff at the same time,

It’s mass suicide, we the sleeping giants, time to come alive

You your worst enemy,

You your worst enemy,

You are your worst enemy,

The GCW logo flashes upon the screen.

"Giannis" hits the PA system as the crowd immediately reacts. Cheers, boos, all are heard. Soon, Travis Vessey calmly makes his arrival, the camera shooting from behind him. He's sporting a white dress shirt with black dress pants. Travis looks around before the camera turns back to face him in front. He throws his arms up in the air firmly. He takes a moment to take in the reaction, looking around the arena before he walks down to the ramp.

Ring Announcer: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome at this time, TRAVVVVVIS.....VESSSSEEEEEY!

Travis walks down the walkway with his eyes staring at the ring. He glares at the camera before pausing in the middle of the aisle and peering into the crowd. Travis listens to the crowd giving him a mixed reaction. Travis studies the crowd and even subtly mentions for the crowd to get louder. Travis then slowly walks to the top of the steel steps. He then mouths off the words of Anderson .Paak while closing his eyes.

Ice will come with the fame
Flowers cover the grave
Power, love, and loyalty
Wash me clean today

Then Travis walks up the steel steps and turns to the crowd, who grow louder in their reaction. He enter the ring and points to the crowd. The reaction is now mostly positive as Travis looks around the crowd and smirks. He then quickly request a mic to be passed to him. One of the staff at hand does pass one to him and he's quick to reach down and pick it up. Once he does and his music fades, the crowd begin to roar a bit louder. The reaction still remains mostly positive with some boos mixed in. Travis allows the crowd the chance to react as he takes his time walking around the ring. Finally, he puts one hand up in the air to signal that he's about to speak.

Travis: Professional Wrestling is a hyperbole business. We're dramatic. How many time have we talked about making moments? How many dreams matches do you all have to go through? How many matches have to be about life and death? We have a tendency to play up on this. With that said, two weeks ago, I stood here in this ring, face to face, with a truly special moment.

The crowd cheers, knowing what he's referring to.

Travis: It was a special moment not just for all of you. Not just for GCW. But this was special for me. In this business, there's a price to pay in order to be great. And with so many people in the game gunning for the same top spot, it's inevitable that the greats find themselves battling one another. And in my now six years here in GCW,, every possible great you can think of, I've stood across the ring from them. Glory Braddock, Angelica Jones, Myra Lynwood, Isabella Harker.

The crowd roars for each name announced, interrupting Travis.

Travis: I've faced them all. But somehow, someway, there has never been a situation that has put Travis Vessey and Chantelle Chambers in the same ring at the same time. Until two weeks ago.

The crowd roars.

Travis: It's funny. We're strangers to one another, but were not stranger. i've followed her career here from the beginning. I arrived here in 2014. Chantelle came in a year later. I have seen her when she came in as a Can't Miss Prospect with the Brod behind her and I've watched her every step of the way elevate herself, GCW and become one of the best to ever wrestler in this company!

The crowd respectfully applauds.

Travis: I've seen it all from her. And yet, somehow, someway, our paths have never crossed. Not even in Civil War. We've never been in the same ring together. What are the odds that two of the best to wrestle in the same company, go this long without ever having a match against one another? That would be like if Angelica Jones and Glory Braddock went six years without ever facing one another. That would be like if Magic Johnson never faced Larry Bird. It would be like if LeBron James never faced the late great Kobe Bryant. The key to all of those examples is that they have all faced one another. It's inevitable. So in a business in which we admittedly overhype and dramatize everything, there's no need to do the same in this situation. Travis Vessey. Chantelle Chambers. First time ever at the biggest show of the year. Resurrection. What more needs to be said?

The crowd roars as Travis looks around. The crowd chants and cheers as he looks on.

Travis: And it just so happens that the both of us will enter into this company's Hall of Fame the same night. So everything has fallen into place and Chantelle, the fact that you called me out tells me that you've wanted to face me for a long time. The feeling's been mutual. When I mentioned in August about my goal of beating every person that's in the conversation as the face of GCW, you were someone I had in mind. Of course, it was hard to figure out a way in which that would be something we would be able to pull off. But thanks to your contract that allows you to show up on both Livewire and Shotgun, that eliminated that hoop. So then, it became a matter of right place, right time. And Resurrection is our time. It's finally our time. And there's something you've been saying that has drawn my attention. I know All Eyes Are On You, but in the same breath you have also called yourself the biggest homegrown GCW wrestler this company has ever produced. And while that's a valid statement, I have a slight problem with that. I don't think you're the greatest homegrown GCW talent. Because I think that's me.

The crowd oohs as Travis looks on.

Travis: I'm not willing to give that honor to you without fighting for it. Because as good as you've been and as good as you are, I've always been step by step with you. I've been holding it down here just as long and week in, week out, everyone knows what to expect from me. When they see me in this ring, they know they're not just seeing a mere good wrestler. They're seeing a wrestler who's as locked in as anyone in this company. The resume speaks for itself but what it doesn't show is the consistently. There's a lot of people in our time that have come in here like a house of fire, only to flame out. In the case of you and me Chantelle, we've carried the flame and we've brought GCW into a new era. With our careers, it's fair to assume that you and I are going to replace Angelica Jones and Glory Braddock as the standard barriers of GCW.

Travis strokes his chin.

Travis: But the game is the game. And it's all about who's the best. Chantelle, make no mistake about it,Resurrection is going to be the biggest match of my life. As it will be fr you. Everyone remembers the first time. These fans have always wondered what would happen if you put Travis Vessey and Chantelle Chambers against one another. It's a true dream match. But for me, this is more than just that. This is a match where I get to prove what I've said about myself. That pound for pound, there is no one better in GCW.

The crowd gives him a mixed reaction.

Travis: Resurrection is our chance to answer that question. Who's better. Me or you? And you can rest assure one thing Chantelle, when you stand across from me in this ring, I'll be ready. I'll be ready to embrace this moment in time. The spectacle of us finally wrestling together is certainty something that will be remembered. But I want more than just to be apart of the moment. I don't just want this match to be remembered as one of the most anticipated in Resurrection. It's the winners that get remembered the most. And that's what I want everything to remember when all this is said and done. That Travis Vessey DEFEATED Chantelle Chambers. That Travis Vessey IS the BEST homegrown GCW wrestler ever to be produced. And that Travis Vessey IS the undisputed.....Face of GCW.

Travis drops the mic as "Giannis" hits the PA system again. Travis listens to the crowd and looks around before he slowly exists out of the ring and starts heading to the back.

A video opens showing Livvie Nelson running through the streets of Tottenham with a hoodie on and then transitions to video of her throwing vicious looking kicks at the Glenn Braddock school before she hits a flip from the top rope onto another student below.

Livvie: A few weeks ago I showed up at Livewire for my first match and everyone was wondering. Who the bloody hell is this girl? Well I'll tell you who I am.

The video transitions to a shot of the Livewire set with Livvie standing on top of the video tron. She slowly removes pulls her hood back.

Livvie: I'm Livvie freakin' Nelson. That's who I am.

Livvie winks and looks down and she appears to jump. The camera cuts to her standing on the ramp with an empty arena in front of her. The camera zooms in closer to her and she smirks.

Livvie: They will say they don't know who I am. They will say I'm too young for this or I'm not ready. But I've worked my ass off to be something different than all the rest. There is no one I won't hit with my lethal kicks. There is nothing I'm not willing to jump off of in order to turn the tide of a match into my favor. I didn't grow up in this business. But I will grow within this business. These legs were made for putting the ball in the net. I am powerful. I am different. No matter what they tell you about me, just know this one thing to be true. Livvie Nelson is coming, Livewire, and she's about to turn the volume up to 11. Now let's jump off some stuff and hurt some people shall we?

The camera transitions to Livvie climbing back up the stage set to the top where she sits and looks out on the arena.

Livvie: Oh and one more thing. Throw any thing you got at me. I never, ever, back down from a challenge. That's the Braddock way, ain't it?

Livvie winks to the camera and grins as the video package comes to an end. The scene goes backstage to GCW reporter Dexter Russel who is standing by with a microphone.

Dexter: I'm joined backstage right now by the person you just saw in that video, one of Livewire's newest roster members, Livvie Nelson. First off, Livvie, welcome to Livewire. We saw what you could do two weeks ago and we just saw what you had to say for the roster and all the fans out there wondering who you are. Tonight, though, the challenge is difficult. You, Livvie, will take on Da Bad News Baers in a handicap match. Give us your thoughts.

Livvie: Well I think I said right there in the video, didn't I Dex? I'm not scared of any challenge. I'm most certainly not bovvered about two kretins trying to ruin my day. I'd imagine it's going to be a bangin' time for me init?

Dexter: No doubt though, this will be your biggest challenge in Livewire to date.

Livvie: This is only my second go round, Dexy. Just don't get your trousers in a bunch when you watch the freshest talent this show's got walk out there and beat these two all by herself. Alright, chief?

Livvie pats Dexter on the back and walks out of the shot as a perplexed Dexter smiles and shrugs.

Dexter: Well, there you have it. It looks like Livvie Nelson is ready for anything.

The scene goes back inside the arena.

Erin Stone vs. Richard Dix

It's a right of passage. Richard Dix offered Erin Stone the key to his hotel room. In response, Stone slapped Rich hard across the face. She followed this with a poke to his eyes, then she got down to the wrestling. She Irish whipped Dix into the corner and rushed in, hitting him with a high knee to the face. She grabbed Dix in a headlock and ran out of the corner, planting him into the canvas with a bulldog. She made a cover, but Dix kicked out. Stone kicked Dix in the knee, then in the groin. She then hit him with Stonehenge (spinning leg lariot). This time, when she made the cover, Dix did not kick out.

Winner: Erin Stone (Pinfall, 1:58)

No sooner did Erin have her arm raised in victory, Enforcer charged the ring, taking her down with a massive spear. Stone's bodyguard, Lacey Davis, slid into the ring, but couldn't stop Enforcer before he drove Erin's head into the mat with Death Penalty (DDT). Davis checked on Stone while Enforcer looked on, shaking his head and exiting the ring.

[A camera pans open inside the back of a limo. The crowd immediately boos once they see who's inside; Dianna Kruse, her manager Gloria Velasquez and Krissy. Dianna is dressed in a black dress with a black and white fur scarf draped around her neck. Gloria wears a blue form fitting dress with her hair slicked back, while Krissy sports a yellow halter top, black leather pants. Dianna is seen sipping from a glass while Gloria and Krissy are seen discussing among themselves.]

Dianna: Excuse me!? Excuse me, driver?

[Dianna is seen leaning forward, talking to the off screen driver.]

Dianna: I specifically asked for scotch. Blended. This is blended grain! En båtnakke!

[Dianna yells at the driver for a few more seconds, breaking Gloria and Krissy's conversation. Gloria is quick to turn to the driver.]

Gloria: How hard is it to bring blended scotch for my client? Are you listening to us?

[Gloria furrows her eyebrows.]

Gloria: I'll make sure when you drop us off, you don't get a dime. If you can't take care of my client's needs, I won't take care of you.

[Dianna puts down her glass on one of the holsters, clearly disgusted.]

Dianna: What an idiot.

[Dianna is seen shaking her head. Krissy, having seen the entire situation play out, gently touches both to draw their attention to them.]

Krissy: I agree. We're not a charity. If this drive can't take care of us, then we're under no requirement to take care of him. I'll make sure to report what you've done to your superiors.

Gloria: I'm already on it. You don't have to even bother.

Krissy: By all means.

[Gloria is seen pulling out her phone from her black handbag while Krissy glares at the camera.]

Krissy: Today is my birthday. Twenty four years on this earth. I'm not wrestling tonight, Las Vegas, so unfortunately for you, you do not get the chance to watch me in the ring. However, like all of you, tonight I expect to be accommodated.

[Krissy smirks.]

Krissy: Pete Floyd, you know our demands. The quality of talent you see in Dianna, Gloria, Trevor, Maxwell, myself, we deserve to be properly treated as such. Asking for the biggest locker room shouldn't be pulling teeth. Nor should asking for us to be allowed to fly on the official GCW private jet rather than flying commercial with the rest of the roster. We refuse to be compared or seen in the same light as everyone else. Even if you can't see our value Mr. Floyd, when you go to sleep in your nice home, under the roof provided to you, all I ask is your gratitude and appreciation for me. I'm the reason you get to live in a comfortable place. Therefore, it's only fair that you would accommodate for us. You ended over backwards for Princes Nava Farrin. How much more shall you do the same for Reverie?

[Krissy pauses.]

Gloria: We've heard a few complaints regarding the time that we show up to the shows. It's unprofessional to show up late, I hear. Far from the truth. We show up every week. I'm sorry we're not interested in meets and greets with the fans. You want an autograph from any of us? Pay up because we don't come cheap. If we're not met half way with our fair demands, than we'll keep showing up to the shows late. Fashionably late.

Krissy: All we ask is to be met half way. Like tonight. Tonight is my night. I will concede and thank you for the press box that as been given to me. I, like the rest of the indulgent here in Las Vegas, want to be entertained. And surely, tonight, Isabella Harker, you can provide me with entertainment. Tonight, in your match with Andrew Raynes. Two weeks ago, you decided to side with Nadia Allen and Destiny Skye against us. I'm flattened that you had to include on Twitter that I caught your attention. I wasn't wondering. I know you, and the rest of the world, have been watching me.

[Krissy smiles.]

Krissy: I'm able to hold someone's attention. I control everything I do. Power is what you want. Control is what you seek. But between me and you Isabella, you have neither. You once had that power. But even since Vessey defeated you, it' a fall from grace. Not from a lack of skill. Merely, you were knocked off the pedestal and now you want to crawl back. One problem. I want the same thing. We want the same thing. And we don't want to share with you. So if you are drawing the line in the sand. And siding with Nadia and Destiny, then I'll remove the face of Livewire and give it a face lift.

Dianna: I now you got all hot and bothered Destiny after our match two weeks ago. I made a mistake and you capitalized. Congratulations, hun. I hoped you savor every moment of it, dolt. Because next time, I'm hooking you in the Aurora and I'm taking your arm as my trophy. And Nadia? Nasty Nadia? I see your jaw has healed. I'll make sure next time I put on my brass knuckles, we'll pop some teeth out of you. You don't know nasty, under than your breath during the day. You haven't seen anything yet, hun.

Gloria: Not at all.

[The limo is seen coming to a stop.]

Krissy: Before then, Isabella, you have my attention. I'll be watching your resolve, your fight, your determination. I'll be taking notes. In the back of the mind, know that your strengths, your weaknesses, are all going to be exposed to be. How does it feel? To be truly vulnerable? We'll see how you respond. Tonight, you're my entertainment. Amuse-moi. It's my birthday.

[Krissy flashes a smile as her door swings open.]

Krissy: Merci beaucoup.

[A man's hand is seen extending itself towards Krissy. Krissy takes it and then steps outside to the parking lot. When her, Dianna and Gloria are outside, we seen a slew of security guards flanking them. Gloria is seen giving the drive a scornful look before Krissy nods to the legion of security guards. They begin to escort all three inside as the scene fades.]

Backstage we find the smug grin of the blonde haired, muscular GCW Hall of Famer Steve Powers. He is already dressed for action tonight and he looks built for action. His typical arrogant grin is etched across his features. He stares into the camera, unblinking, looking as confident as ever.

Steve: Tonight I fight royalty. Tonight I get to throw hands with a legitimate honest to god princess.

He chuckles.

Steve: Princess Nava Farrin, you may be legitimate honest to god royalty in the literal sense but you’re about to step into the wrestling ring with wrestling royalty. Now I won’t stand here and pretend that the Powers name is as widely known and respected as Street, Jones, Chase, or Braddock. Though there was a time it was widely known and it is quickly becoming widely known again thanks to my sister. You may have heard of her? She has twice been a world champion in GCW. This will be her second straight Resurrection main event. She’s already done enough to be hall of fame worthy and her career is still very young.

He pats himself on the chest.

Steve: But what about me? Well this place you’re in now, you know it as Global Championship Wrestling, but for me it was more than that. This place was the company that gave me an opportunity. This company gave me a chance when few promotions would. I got my start in GCW back when it first opened its doors in the early years of the new millennium. People like me, my buddy Adam Craig, Jason Redfield, and even those two cavemen Crasher and Basher, we built GCW on our blood, our sweat, and our tears. We traveled the roads wrestling for small crowds, just trying to keep this place going, even when we thought that it may have been in vain, we still did it because we cared. We loved this place. And this place, this KINGDOM if you will, was built by people like me. In 2012 it returned under the leadership of Glory Braddock and yeah, I understand that this new GCW is for the future, it is going to be in the hands of people like my sister, people like Rina, and yes, even people like you Princess.

He smirks knowingly.

Steve: But I still care about this place and that’s why I’m the real test. I do not move aside for anyone and I do not lay down for anyone. So let’s see if you got the grit and the determination to do what I did many years ago and carry this company on your shoulders into the future. I mean, that’s what you’re here for right? You want to be the next superstar. You want to be the known as the best. And your majesty, I’m going to give you the opportunity to prove it. Because tonight you’re not getting the Steve Powers who raised hell alongside Adam Craig as part of Anti-Authority in the GCW of old.

Powers shakes his head.

Steve: He was a fun guy, got a few good laughs out of the fans, but that Steve Powers can’t get the job done. He can’t get the best out of you and if you want to be the best then you can’t just beat the best, you have to beat THE VERY BEST…

He flashes his signature big toothy grin.

Steve: ...STEVE POWERS! This is the cunning technical marvel, the strategist, the manipulative son of a bitch who will do anything to win. So Princess, bring your army, bring your servants, bring your worst, because for every dirty trick you know, I know that many more and then some, and tonight I do not promise a win but I do promise to beat the hell out of you and I promise to make you work your ass for this win...and that is if you can manage a win, which is damn sure not a guarantee, because your opponent is THE VERY BEST…

He flashes yet another big toothy grin.

Steve: ...STEVE POWERS!

Steve turns and walks off. The scene shifts.

Handicapped Match
Livie Nelson vs. Da Bad News Baers

Chris and Eric Baer had the height, weight, and numbers advantage over rookie Livie Nelson. They used these things to their advantage with frequent double team moves on Livie...until they threw her off the ropes, looking for a double clothesline, only to have Livie duck, bounce off of the opposite ropes, and come back, first drop kicking Erik in the face, then kipping up to superkick Chris in the jaw. Eric rose back to his feet, only to get knocked out of the ring by Game Over (a shining wizard). With Eric out of the equation, Livie climbed the turnbuckels and launched herself at Chris with Relentless Splash. 1...2...3!

Winner: Livie Nelson (Pinfall, 6:51)

The scene opens up backstage, once again in a stairwell somewhere in the arena as Sophie James sits halfway up the steps. Unlike the previous show, where Sophie was not scheduled to compete, this time she sits there in her ring gear, ready for a fight. She looks up at the camera as it begins to roll, wasting no time in getting going.

Sophie James: “Two weeks ago, I sent a message not just to TD Batterson but all those assholes that are just like him. You can push people like me or even like Kelsai around, you can kick us, try and break us, but we keep… on… coming…”

As she says those final three words, she claps one hand palm down into the other, pausing only to glare down the lens of the camera for a moment before finally speaking again.

Sophie James: “What happened to Victor Mason… what Dustin Adams DID to Victor… that is EXACTLY what I’m talking about! Tonight, Kelsai and me, we’re walking into what may just be hell for the two of us; Batterson looks like the kind of guy that could eat me for breakfast and crap me back out again without even thinking about it and Kelsai isn’t exactly an equaliser in the size department either, is she? Oh, look at us, two small, fragile women against the ‘monsters’ that are Dustin Adams and TD Batterson… but here’s a fucking newsflash for the fuckwads who find it harder to think because of the thinness of the air way up there; size doesn’t fucking MATTER when you’re flat on your back, boys! And you can look down on people like me and Kelsai all you want, assholes, but the fight INSIDE of us is much, MUCH bigger than ignorant neanderthals like you two can comprehend!”

Sophie grits her teeth, the sound of them grinding is actually picked up by the camera, and when she speaks it’s through a clenched jaw.

Sophie James: “Why are you so threatened by people like us, huh boys? I won’t pretend to be an expert in the hatred between you and Kelsai, Dustin… to be honest, until a few weeks back, Kelsai and me, we’d never really met. She was my ex boyfriend's wife, I didn’t really have an opinion beyond that. But you know what, sweetie? Getting to know her like I have done? She’s TEN TIMES the person you are, despite being half your fucking size! What is it boys… you see someone smaller and you instinctively have to show how big and tough the big gorillas are? Or is it because we’re women? Whatever the fucking reason, you think your size is going to make everything so easy for you, but I’m gonna be the bearer of some bad fucking news right now, because no matter how easy you think this will be for you, we’re NOT going to stop until our point is proven!”

Sophie, shaking her head, stands up and walks towards the camera, grabbing the lens with both hands to pull it in real close, giving a view of just how fired up she is.

Sophie James: “We walk out there tonight, and maybe we lose. Maybe we get our asses kicked, end up bloodied and beaten… but I’m saying this now boys, you want to stop us, you want to ensure we don’t keep coming back time after time after time? You need to BREAK us! Because unless you do, we are NOT going to stop until we’ve done what needs to be fucking done! And for all your threats Dustin, for all your threats and attacks, the BOTH of you will get what’s coming in the end… they say not everything has a happy ending in life, and that may be true. I nearly had the unhappiest of endings when I overdosed, it nearly cost me my life. But I got a second chance and turned my life around… and I didn’t do that JUST to let a couple of punk-ass BULLIES like you make my life or anyone else’s lives a fucking misery! Come hell or high fucking water, be it tonight, another Livewire OR at Resurrection… you ARE going to pay for everything you’ve done! Mark… my… words. Quote me on it!”

And with that, Sophie pushes the camera aside and walks off. The cameraman turns around to watch her step through a door leaning onto the landing they’re stood on, the door slamming behind her before the scene fades out.

Steve Powers vs. Princess Nava Farrin

After the introductions but before the match started, Pete Floyd entered the ring to thunderous cheers from the crowd. He acknowledged both Steve and Nava before accepting the microphone from Robert Lee to speak.

Pete: "Last week, Ms. Silverstone announced that once again, GCW will have a Global X Destiny match at Resurrection. Ms. Silverstone has announced who will be representing Shotgun. Over the next few weeks, we will also find out who will be representing Livewire. That starts tonight. The winner of this contest between Hall-of-Fame legend, Steve Powers and future Hall-of-Fame superstar Princess Nava Farrin will be part of Global X Destiny at Resurrection."

The fans cheer. Floyd looks over at Nava, who smiles. Pete then looks over to Steve, who favors the GM with his toothy grin.

Pete: "A match to determine the other participants will be on an upcoming episode of Livewire. Good luck to both of you."

Pete exits the ring and the referee calls for the bell.

This was a back and forth affair, with Nava getting the first clear advantage after Steve missed an elbow drop. Nava worked over his arm, eventually placing him a hammerlock. Powers was able to get to the ropes, however. Nava continued to punish Steve until it was her turn to miss a move...that move being a dropkick. Nava was quick to her feet, but Powers was ready, hitting her with The Very Best Finisher! He made a cover...1...2...NO! Santos, from the floor, placed Nava's foot on the rope, stopping the count. Adam Craig saw what the referee did not and he started chasing a laughing Santos around the ring. The distraction was enough to give the Princess time to get to her feet and catch Powers off-guard with a shining wizard. Powers dropped and when he rose again, Nava caught him with Ashoka Chokra! Powers fell to the mat and Nava covered for the 3 count.

Winner: Princess Nava Farrin (Pinfall, 11:42)

[A light from above shines down in a dark, vacant room. A pair of footsteps are heard, growing louder and louder until a figure appears in front; Trevor Cash. Dressed in a black tailor made suit with black matching pants.]

Trevor: Tonight I only wish to all of you a few, simple questions, if I may. What are your dreams?

[The entire room turns white; from the floor, the walls to the ceiling. Trevor looks around.]

Trevor: Having a dream is nice. We all have them. Everyday. Somehow, someway, we are lost in whatever it is that we desire. We think about it. We dwell upon it. We picture ourselves living out that dream.

[Trevor walks around the room, extending his arms. While doing some, a few brief images flash throughout the walls. A person standing on a crowd receiving a standing ovation, a marriage between a man and a woman, an unseen wrestler making his way down to the ring, an image of Lenore Price-Mason holding up the GCW Global Championship up in the air.]

Trevor: Think about that. What's the last dream that you had in your mind? Marriage? A family with kids and the white picket fence? Approval from your peers? Work in the career that you so desperately want? Become a professional wrestler? Become World Heavyweight Champion? The most powerful thing one can possess is an imagination. Nothing can be created if it hasn't been thought of in the first place.

[Trevor smiles while keeping his arms extended.]

Trevor: Think about your dreams some more.

[Trevor slowly lowers his arms and shoves his hands in his pockets. The room goes dark once more.]

Trevor: Time's up. That? That right there? Being lost in your thoughts, your dream? That's Reverie. That makes all of you like us. Me. Gloria. Dianna. Krissy. Maxwell. All of us. That's the foundation. Our individual dreams. So let me ask each and every one of you something. What are you willing to do for your dreams?

[Trevor flashes a brief smirk.]

Trevor: Let''s narrow the question further. Who or what is in your way of you making your dreams come true?

[The smirk fades away. The room turns red.]

Trevor: Is it you? Are you and your laziness, your slothfulness, your lack of effort stopping you? Is it someone else? Are they just better than you? Do they have the right connections and you don't? Here in Reverie, none of us struggle with the former. You won't find more motivated, determined, progressive visionaries than you'll find in Dianna, in Gloria, in Maxwell and Krissy. If you're currently watching this and you haven't made an effort to reach after those dreams in your mind, this isn't the group for you.

[Trevor shakes his head.]

Trevor: Nor are we for the person, who no matter how hard they try, how hard they study, how hard they train, they ultimately fall short. Everyone works hard! In the working world that is. In this business. Everyone's working! This is a results business. This is a results world. It doesn't matter if you've spent extra hours working on your craft. Failure is failure. If getting up and trying again was really all it took to win, then we'd all be winners, wouldn't we?

[Trevor briefly shows a small smirk.]

Trevor: This applies to those standing across from Reverie as we speak. Destiny Skye, Nadia Allen and Isabella Harker. All former champions. In the case of Destiny and Isabella, former World Champions. Some even say that Isabella is the face of this brand, Livewire. They work hard, surely. They've got the results to show for themselves, surely. But where are they now, huh? Lost. Wounded. Vulnerable. Now ladies, don't expect me to say that Reverie sees you as easy pickings. We talk about "survival of the fittest" a lot but all that really means is the skilled live and the unskilled die. We don't mistake any of you three as those that belong in the second group. What we see you, is three individuals who are currently in our way of accomplishing our goals. Our dreams.

[The red fades away back to the white, dream-light appearance.]

Trevor: Dianna said it best. The world needs ditch diggers too. The world needs stepping stones. And in order for us to reach those lofty dreams of ours, that is what you'll have to become for us. We don't expect you to do this by choice. Of course not. You three have too much pride for that. But it goes to the question I posed early. What are you willing to do to make your dreams come true? The answer for us, for Reverie, is simple. Anything and everything. And with our imagination, our work ethic, the results will come at your expense. You three will make for fine stepping stones, isn't that right Maxwell?

[Trevor exists the room and another figure appears, back turned away from us. They snap their fingers and the entire room turns to glitter and gold, like from a Hollywood movie. The figure turns around to reveal himself as Maxwell St. John. He removes the purple tinted glasses shielding his eyes.]

St John: Look into my eyes, tell me what you see. Do you see a lackey? Do you see just another face in the crowd? Or do you see wonder? Awe? Excitement? Opinions will vary. I learned that first hand growing up to a father who is still a minister. My mother is still a world class surgeon. Like to know what they saw when they looked into my eyes? A son who was destined to carry on one of their legacies. That wasn't my calling. My escape from my self centered parents using me to play out there dreams was movies like the one playing behind me. I admired how men and women would scribe words on a page. Creating worlds brimming from there imagination. They were able to bring these worlds to life on the big screen. I decided at an early age I would not limit myself to the name my parents forced upon me, I would create my own persona. My own dream as you will. My name would be Maxwell St. John; the living embodiment of the man I am destined to be.

[Maxwell puts his purple shades back on.]

St. John: Global Championship Wrestling is yet another stage for me to play out the role I wish. What does a man like me want in a company so rich in tradition? Another time and place; perhaps. Ms. Harker, Ms. Skye, Ms. Allen. The three of you through hard work, grit, determination, all the qualities it takes to amass the success you have, built yourselves up as women worthy of inspiring a generation. Matters not how you got there Ms. Skye. Doesn't matter you have seen better days Ms. Harker. And it doesn't matter how nasty you are Ms. Allen. Being former champions is nothing to sneeze at, we can't stay on top forever. Not how stories work. I appreciate that you built yourselves up for the day when a collective like Reverie uses the status you built to propel ourselves to the goals we wish to complete. Nature of the storytelling. One must fall for the other to rise. Take comfort in the fact your adoring public won't think less of you three, I won't, not one iota. Be grateful you are serving your purpose, could be worse, you could be grave diggers, being a stepping stone is an honor. Thank you for your service. Until next time, Maxwell St. John... OUT.

[He snaps his fingers. Scene fades to black.]

The scene opens in an unknown location backstage. The only thing we see is TD Batterson already dressed to compete. The crowd reacts with boos towards the man who has been a thorn in Sophie’s side as of late. In the background there is a chain linked fence of some kind. He isn’t alone for very long. Dustin Adams comes into the scene, the International championship draped over his shoulder.. The boos from inside the arena intensified more than they did for Batterson. The two massive men look at each other like they were sizing the other up.

Dustin: You look like you're ready for a fight, I'm not here to mince words so I'll be straight. Tonight is a chance for us to make sure we get a message across. I'm not Interested in having this love sick twat gain anything by being in the ring with me and I need to make sure we work together to put a stop to love and this bullshit. You in?

Batterson nods.

TD: All in!

That’s all Dustin needed to hear. He walks in one direction. TD walks in the opposite one. Scene fades to black.

Ms. Budde vs. Langley Lohan

It was time for the showdown that had been brewing since Civil War, and it did not disappoint. Langley held nothing back, beating Ms. Budde around the ring. Lohan with a flapjack. Lohan with a gorilla press slam and Budde was sliding out of the ring, where she huddled with Jordyne. This did not stop Langley from going after her, however. Langley took Jade down with a spear before grabbing Budde, tossing her back into the ring. Before Lohan could climb back inside the ropes, though, Budde caught her with a knee to the gut. Budde then grabbed Langley by the hair and snapped her throat across the top rope (Detention), sending Lohan down to the ring apron. Budde grabbed Langley by an ankle and dragged her to the center of the ring. Budde jumps on Lohan's stomach, rolls her over and jumps on her back. Lohan gets to her hands and knees, only to have Budde place her in a camel clutch. Lohan manages to get to the ropes.

Ms. Budde continues her assault, targetting Langley's neck and back. This assault continues until Budde attempts a verticle suplex, which Lohan blocks, countering with her own suplex. Both women are now down, as Langley hurt herself with that suplex and referee Robert Downey starts a double count-out. As both rivals rise to their feet, Budde grabs a pouch of chalk dust from her tights. Unfortunately for her, the referee sees it and immediately confiscates it. Budde starts to berate Downey and that's when Lohan charges, hitting Budde with The Man Killer (gore). The impact of the move knocks Budde into Downey, knocking the official to the floor. Jordyne wastes no time in taking advantage of the downed ref, grabbing Ms. Budde's gold-plated yard stick and blasting Lohan in the back of the neck with it. A second blast to the side of Langley's head sends Lohan to the canvas. Jordyne rolls back out to the floor after Budde gains her senses and Jade gets Downey to his feet. Inside the ring, a now recovered Budde waits as a stunned Langley gets to her own feet. Budde charges and hits Class Dismissed (Mafia kick)! She drops on Lohan. 1...2...3!

Winner: Ms. Budde (Pinfall, 11:49)

After the bell, Jordyne slides the yard stick back in the ring, and a smirking Budde picks it up. Jade rolls Lohan over on to her stomach and Ms. Budde whacks her with the yard stick! She does it again! And again! Each blow reverberates throughout the arena, the crowd gasping with each strike. Budde laughs and there is a fourth strike. She prepares for a fifth, but someone emerges from the audience, carrying a steel chair. A security guard attempts to stop the woman, but she clocks him with the chair then rushes the ring. The announcers then recognize this woman as wrestler Helena Merriman. Helena enters the ring with the chair and charges HERstoryMakers, who waste no time getting out of Dodge. Satisfied that they would not be returning, Helena checks on Langley, helping her to her feet as Livewire fades to commercial.

We cut backstage to show GCW’s roving reporter Dexter Russell. The journalist has a guest at the time, and his guest is none other than Destiny Skye. The black haired beauty is wearing torn denim jeans, black boots, and a black top. Her long black hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length and she is wearing a black leather jacket.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Dexter Russell and my guest at this time is none other than Destiny Skye. Thank you for joining me tonight, Destiny.

Destiny: Thanks, Dex. And y’know, I’m not booked tonight, so many may wonder why the hell am I even here?

She points at her eyes.

Destiny: Look into these eyes, Dex. Tell me what you see. And if your answer isn’t PASSION then you need some new bloody frames! Fact is, I am bloody passionate about this sport! I have busted my bloody ass to be a wrestler! This is my life; I live, eat, and breath wrestling. Where else would I be? And after last Livewire, where else would I want to be?

Russell nods his head.

Dexter: Speaking of last Livewire, you were on your way to a victory over Dianna Kruse when Reverie got involved. What are your thoughts about the interference and what do you plan to do next in retaliation?

Destiny: You got one thing right, Dex, and that’s the fact that I was on my way to victory. I was beating the ever living crap out of the brasser and she knew it. I wasn’t just on my way to a win, I was on my way to humiliating the little bitch and Krissy knows it. That’s why Reverie got involved. As far as retaliation goes…

She chuckles lightly.

Destiny: Well I’m not dumb. I’m not going in alone against those little bitches. I know better than anyone the value of the numbers game because when I was being led along like a little puppet by Mason Van Stanton, the numbers game was being used to my advantage. Reverie has the advantage in terms of numbers. So yes, there will be retribution. There will be payback. But first I need allies. And maybe, just maybe, I already found one in Nadia Allen? Maybe I have another in Isabella Harker? It’s clear that they have their own problems with Reverie. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? And I do respect them. And I’ll gladly fight with them again if need be.

Destiny turns and walks away. The scene shifts.

The scene opens up backstage to show GCW North American champion, Ba’al, standing in what appears to be some sort of electrical room inside the Thomas & Mack Center, dressed not to compete yet, but in his black suit, shirt and tie combo. The North American championship is draped across a forearm with his hand firmly tucked into the pocket of his suit jacket and a sly smile sits on his face before he begins to speak.

Ba’al: “I beg you indulge my penchant for the theatrical for just a moment, my dear friends, but do you not find this setting somewhat amusing in juxtaposition to my fine clothing? I am aware that rooms such as this are rarely seen on the screen during shows, but you see, meine freunde, this room is perhaps as important as ANY in the building right now…”

He points to one side of him, to a bank of circuit breakers.

Ba’al: “One flick of a switch, and our wonderful product simply comes to an end, at least until someone from our fantastic production crew is made aware of the issue and returns the breaker to its proper position. But in one action, one flick of a switch, the show comes crashing to the ground, does it not? You, my good people, labour under the illusion that the true power of professional wrestling lies either within the office on high, or within the ring… it does not. For all the talent on this roster, for all the intellect of those whom run this show… one switch can descend us into chaos. That is power. That is importace…”

Ba’al turns his attention to the circuit breakers and for a moment it looks like he’s contemplating pulling one of them… but he soon shakes his head and gives another wry smile.

Ba’al: “Did you think I was actively considering such an action? No, meine freunde, I would not wish to bring our wonderful production to an early and anticlimactic end… but it is somewhat poetic is it not Rina, that I stand here talking about the flipping of switches, the ability to switch on and off. Now I am not here to disparage, anything but actually, Ms. Takeuie. I stand here in awe of your quest to honour your father’s legacy. My own family legacy is somewhat skewed in a direction I would not wish to follow, but then I think we can agree that I am from a different breed of family and perhaps that is for the best. But there IS something honourable about your desires, Ms. Takeuie and I applaud you for it. But your ‘switch’ as it were, is somewhat more metaphorical, is it not?”

Ba’al shifts his arm and grabs the North American championship with his other hand.

Ba’al: “Mine is not.”

He holds the belt for a better view, folding the straps behind the base plate and holding them there in place as he shows the face to the camera.

Ba’al: “I make no excuses for things that I may or may not have done during my time in the business… and I make no apologies either. Unlike you, my switch is not flicked with the application of face paint, even if I have started to adopt such a thing myself in the more high profile of matches. My switch is not a visual representation Ms. Takeuie, it is simply a side of me that I guarantee you do not wish to experience, because no matter what it may appear my dear, I am not a nice man. Evil is a cliche bandied around by the weak, the ignorant… I do not claim I am evil, nor will I ever be so crass. But I am ready to go to depths beyond the comprehension of most. And now you are the unfortunate soul placed before me, attempting to take this FROM me. So while I admire your honourability of your noble quest… I make no apologies for what I will do to ensure it does not include this belt right here. I do hope you understand, Ms. Takeuie. I feel candour is the best approach, after all…”

And with that, he brings a hand up to snap his fingers, and as he does, the light in the room snaps off. Just like a flick of a switch. With that, the scene ends.

(The scene cuts back to ringside when "Through struggle" hits the speakers, the crowd erupts into raucous boos as Andrew Raynes, the new cemented number one contender, makes his way onto the entrance ramp. He looks around and smirks as he takes a second, taunting the crowd, before extending his arms out and pyro sets off around him. He makes his way down to the ring but rather than slide in, he walks around towards the timekeepers table and demands a microphone. After grabbing one, he then slides into the ring and walks around a minute as the crowd continues booing him. He stops, smirks again, then chuckles before finally getting ready to speak.)

Andrew: I never expected you to make it so easy for me, Lenore! Then again, nothing had come easy before that night!

Taking the hard road throughout my time here in GCW had allowed me to continue strengthening my hatred and my true self to the moment where I would finally take my place at the top. I never needed to demand a shot or cry about it not being my time. I had come to believe that I would continue evolving and growing and when the time came, it would undoubtedly become mine.

When I was eliminated at civil war, I was furious with knowing that I would once again have to figure out the hard way to get to that global title match. I had convinced myself, after dodging the bullet of facing you, Travis and Amber, that winning civil war was rightfully mine to win after taking short the year before. I was mad because I believe I hit a dead end with no real recourse to get what I wanted after everything I had gone through in the chamber and the 7 levels of hate. I didn't want to believe it was for nothing and I would have to figure out what to do.

And then you did the work for me by making yourself the target.

(Andrew smirks and walks around a bit.)

Andrew: Truthfully, you could have left me to stew on my own misery for failing and let Pete pick any old name out of a hat for Resurrection. You had the advantage of not having anyone immediately after you. Even with me eliminated, I would have had to figure out a way to get that match at resurrection on my own. Honestly, I was fine with it, given the way everything else had played out, I was ready to do whatever it took to get that match; I was prepared for you to hold on to your belt with the same desperation as Kayl had to win Civil war and not let me have the match.

Then you went and did something real stupid.

You decided that you couldn't resist rubbing it in my face that I had failed. When you came and drilled me in the back of the head with the belt, you figured you might as well get your shot in cause I was fucked at that point. When you drilled me in the back of the head that night, you sealed your fate and deep down, you knew it.

Why else did you puss out of coming to Montreal?

What kind of superior champion doesn't bother showing up to a show after successfully defending her title?

That's right, one who already fears losing her title!

Now deny it all you want and feed me some bullshit excuse all you want but it was real telling the next show just how right I was. Knowing you had your girls hiding in wait; knowing I was on the hunt, you could have easily set me up and left me tattered to have the upper hand but instead, no sooner than I came on out, you had your girls, almost immediately, come out front and protect you from the real hate that was coming. You did that because you know that it's only a matter of time before you stop hiding from me, before you face the inevitable and now that I've been handed the advantage, there's going to be nothing you can do to stop it. Had you been smart, knowing I was coming, was at least let me be in the ring first before your worthless girls club pounced on me. You could have been a superior champion by luring me into a trap and sending another message that I wouldn't touch the belt but instead, showed me just how gutless and cowardly you really are.

You couldn't wait to play your hand and you overplayed it instead, now it's my turn.

So now, instead of me having to chase down a title match, it was handed to me on a platter because of your arrogance and overconfidence. You can continue to hide behind your girls and that's fine, I told you before you can even bring them to ringside to protect you and as we get closer to Resurrection, you're going to see the hate continue to grow and push forward because I'm not going to fall behind. The hate has been coming for a long time and I've finally been put in the position I have been building towards since I was brought into this company and now I, after years as evolving myself I to the force I am now, am this close to finally reaching the top and showing people in this company and wrestling in general what a real world champion looks and acts like.

(Andrew takes a breath.)

Andrew: So keep hiding whenever you are and hold that title closely, you've already sealed your fate with your actions and now that you've got nowhere to run, it's only a matter of time before I get my hands on you. So sit back and watch as I show Harker what's coming. Sit back and watch what happens to her and try your best to avoid seeing yourself in that position because now I have you on the run. I have no qualms about waiting until Resurrection to get my hands on you because I know once you finally embrace the hate, it'll be over.

And there will be a new Global Heavyweight champion, me!

Prepare to embrace that, the hate is coming!

(Andrew tosses the mic aside and takes off his jacket and shirt and prepares for his fight with Harker.)

Isabella Harker vs Andrew Raynes

Longest reigning Global Champion in history versus the current #1 contender for the Global Championship. A main event match any other night. Livewire. Pay per view. You name it.

Both competitors spent the first three minutes of the match feeling each other out.

Standard collar and elbow tie ups. A reversed attempted German here. Reversed headlock there. The moves that were connected, like suplexes, no one could follow up with another move to keep the momentum going. Finally, both stood face to face, Andrew decided to slap Harker across the face. She smirked. She came back with repeated elbow strikes catching Raynes by surprise. She returns serve with a slap of her own which drew a smirk from Raynes. He started laying into her. He drove his knee into her mid section, he lifted her up for a suplex, she caught him with an “Unseen Knee” which she transitioned into driving his head into the same name to send him “Back to Dust.” She held the advantage for a couple minutes.

"Hung Up" by Madonna played. Krissy appeared on stage. She walked no further. The minor distraction wasn't enough for Andrew to take advantage. However, he caught Harker off guard moments later with a single leg knee strike (Code of the Sith). From that point forward he unleashed the hate. Normal moves like scoop slams, clotheslines, corner splashed were delivered with extra gusto. Harker kicked out of several pin attempts.

Krissy slowly walked down to the ring. To this Andrew stared daggers at her when he didn't need to. Harker took advantage with a roll up. Andrew picked out at two. He tried to follow up with a vicious right hand, Harker ducked. She was off to the races, making her comeback.

Towards the end of the match, Isabella was the top rope. She leaped towards Raynes, he ducks. She lands on her feet. When she turns around she is caught flush with a Jumping Reverse STO. That drove the Xclamation Point on a definitive win for Andrew Raynes rolling into his Global Championship match at Resurrection.

Winner: Andrew Raynes.

He didn't bother waiting for the referee to raise his arm in victory. He slid out. He walked up the ramp paying no mind to Krissy. As Isabella came too, Krissy gave her a slow clap and walked away. Harker wasn't amused. Livewire cuts to commercial.

For Rina Takeuie, this night is a momentous occasion. Her first Championship contest, challenging Ba’al for the GCW North American Championship in the main event of the program. These were not facts lost upon her as she stretches her arms, looking at the mirror. Then, she hears something…

“You need me!”

Startled, Rina begins to look around. Looking at herself in the mirror, noticing the concern in her eyes. She shakes it off. But as she stretches her neck, the feeling returns.

“Ba’al is dangerous… you shouldn’t go alone!”

Rina looks around, finding a bottle of water. She pours some out in her hand, rubbing the water on her face. Nodding her head, she looks down to her bag. There is some facepaint within, and as the light hits it, it shines towards her.

“Leave no doubt.”

Shaking her head, she reaches down, closing up the bag as she begins to move down the hallway.

“Suit yourself... “

The scene shifts…

Dustin Adams and TD Batterson vs. Kelsai Adamson-Mason and Sophie James

No one knew how Adams and Batterson would work together, but either way, they would be a force to be reckoned with. The two monsters did work well together, and the team of Kelsai and Sophie had a rough go at it early on. The men isolated Sophie in their corner, throwing her around like a rag doll. Sophie somehow survived a multitude of high impact slams. Adams looked to have the match won after drilling Sophie with Death Sentence, but James kicked out. TD put out his hand for a tag and grinning, Dustin tagged him in. TD pulled Sophie up by the hair, delivered several elbows to the back of her head, then positioned her for unFORTUNEante Demise (a Vader bomb)...but Sophie wriggled free, crawling between Batterson's legs, making the diving tag to Kelsai!

Kelsai took a surprised TD down with a dropkick. She was all speed and TD could not keep up, allowing Kelsai to hit him with several high-flying moves, including a missile dropkick and The Double-Shot (moonsault). She went for the pin, but Batterson kicked out with power. Kelsai tagged Sophie back in and they together sent TD to his back with a double dropkick. Sophie with MCW and a cover, but it was broken up by Dustin. Dustin continued to assault Sophie after breaking up the pin, drawing Kelsai back into the ring. Kelsai wasted no time attacking Adams until the referee got in between them, forcing everyone back to their own corners. This allowed Batterson to tag Dustin in officially. He lifted Sophie and, staring Kelsai in the eyes, tossed James across the ring into her corner, allowing Kelsai to tag herself in.

This was the showdown everyone wanted to see. Kelsai made quick moves, frustrating Dustin. A springboard dropkick nearly took him off his feet. A bicycle kick did the trick and Kelsai covered, getting a 2 count. Dustin did eventually get his hands on her with a scoop slam. He nearly knocked her head off with The Green Mile. A chokeslam. Kelsai was in trouble and Sophie was shouting for a tag. That's when from behind, TD grabbed James by the ankle, pulling her off the ring apron. He viciously slammed her into the ring barrier and started to go after her. Sophie caught him with a boot below the belt. As they continued to brawl, Dustin continued to punish Kelsai. Kelsai went for a tag, but there was no Sophie. Kelsai saw what was happening on the floor, and the distraction allowing Dustin to hit her with Parole Hearing. Kelsai looked out for the count, but Dustin lifted her and executed Death Row Slam. He made a cover and the 1-2-3 was academic.

Winners: Dustin Adams and TD Batterson (Pinfall, 10:45)

After the bell, Dustin decided to add insult to injury, delivering a second Death Row Slam to Kelsai. He sneared down at Kelsai, apparently content with the carnage and he exited the ring to massive boos from the audience. Livewire cuts to commercial.

Chantelle Chambers: “And there you have it…”

The image of a Resurrection match contract can be seen set upon a desk. Chantelle Chambers sits behind that desk,dressed in her radiant beauty, glasses set gently upon her nose, and a pen in hand.

Chambers: “At Resurrection, Chantelle Chambers, the Beverly Hills Bombshell and four-time GCW World Champion, will step into the ring for the first time with Travis Vessey, a two-time Global Champion in his own right. The electricity is in the air. Even without a Championship between us hanging in the balance, this match is important.”

She grins.

Chambers: “And what gives this match even greater importance is that on that weekend, both myself and Travis will be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame. You could say that was what brought the kernel of an idea into my head… the decision to challenge for this match in the first place. I knew that Travis wouldn’t be able to resist my call… who among you could? So at Resurrection, you get the headliners of the Hall of Fame Class of 2020 inside a GCW ring. On any other night, this would undoubtedly be a main event-worthy match-up, and quite frankly… that’s what you get when Chantelle Chambers is involved.”

Chantelle laughs a bit, taking her glasses off as she sets them upon the contract.

Chambers: “There is no doubt in my mind that this match is going to be electric. I already know that people are splitting their loyalties down the middle, but on a weekend where The Sovereign takes firm hold of GCW… the World, Heritage, and X-Division Championships bound to find their homes within our stead… I bring something guaranteed: Hall of Fame credibility. Travis, I know you earned your spot. I know you deserve it. But you are in a class with the only four-time World Champion in this company’s storied history. You are going to be facing a woman who main evented in EACH of the last two years. The odds here were always in my favor. From day one when I came in with a lucrative deal, I made good on my promises. I said I would become X-Division Champion not only on my first SHOT, but in my very first MATCH with the company, and I did. I said I would become World Champion, redefine what greatness meant here, and I did. Now, I say that I am going to step into the ring with you at Resurrection and again remind everyone why I AM going into the Hall of Fame, why I AM among the most DECORATED individuals in GCW history… and you?”

She smiles, sitting back.

Chambers: “Travis, you… much like everyone else… will get the chance to bask in the peripheral spotlight that I produce. For as long as you have been in GCW, you have heard me declare four simple words. Those words have become my mantra, and at Resurrection, you get to experience them first -hand… you’ll get to experience what it means to know that this company… Resurrection… the Hall of Fame… and EVERYTHING that will be happening on that weekend in May… still lives and breathes with ALL EYES ON ME!”

Chantelle presses her hand to her lips, pressing a kiss onto them which is then blown towards the camera. The scene shifts.

Main Event - GCW North American Championship
Ba'al (Champion) vs. Rina Takeuie

The match started with the champion bowing to Rina in a show of respect. That is where the pleasantries ended, however. Ronin came to fight and she got the champ backed into the corner with kicks and chops, not letting up until the referee threatened disqualification. Rina continued to control the match for the next several minutes. Ronin threw Ba'al into the corner and came in with a back elbow. Ba'al fell to the mat and Rina made a cover, but Ba'al kicked out. Rina with a reverse neckbreaker and another cover...with the same result. Rina with a swan dive, but Ba'al got his knees up. He made a cover, but Rina kicked out.

It was Ba'al's turn, grabbing Rina by the hair and driving an elbow into the top of her head. Ba'al with a chokeslam. As Rina got to her feet, Ba'al locked her in a sleeper. Rina struggled for well over a minute before she managed a sudden surge, pushing backwards, smashing Ba'al into the corner turnbuckles, essentially breaking the submission. Ba'al came after Rina, but she caught him with a roundhouse kick, followed by a back fist. She follows this with her finisher, Kamika! Ba'al is down and Rina makes a cover. 1...2...

The lights suddenly go out and the referee is unable to count the 3 in the pitch black. When the lights come back on less than ten seconds later, both Rina and Ba'al are on their feet. The confused official obviously suspects Ba'al was behind the blackout and starts to question him. With the referee distracted, Rachel Fox is up to the ring apron. Rina senses Foxx behind her and turns around...right into a face full of powder. Foxx jumps down from the apron as Rina stumbles around blind...right into Totalis from Ba'al! Ba'al drops down on Rina for the cover, holding her tights for good measure as the referee makes the 3 count.

Winner: Ba'al (Pinfall, 14:40)

Rachel hands Ba'al his belt and the two share a kiss while the crowd boo the foul play. Inside the ring, Rina is trying to explain what happened to the official, but, while looking sympathetic, he apparently isn't changing his decision. Rina leaves the ring dejected. From the rampway, Ba'al raises his North American championship belt high in the air...and Livewire fades to black.