Resurrection Segment Notes

admin
Site Admin

Resurrection Segment Notes

Post by admin » Tue May 05, 2020 1:09 pm

One question on everyone's mind is probably deadline (s). That will be answered shortly. Stay tuned for that. This post is a generic piece of advice regarding segments for Resurrection. First of all note the number of matches we have. 8 on Night One, 1 for Night Two, 8 for Night Three = 17 total. That's a lot of matches so we'll need a lot of segments to fill that space in between each match. Night two is a unique beast in and of itself in that it is the awards and hall of fame show with just one match. So do not be shy with your segments. I am not necessarily saying you have to write a bunch but please, by all means, if you have ideas for show segments then write it up and send to a staff member. We'll make sure it gets included. Also be aware of your match placement and potential segment placement. Understand that the staff may have to ask you to amend your segment if we deem it necessary. We rarely do that but it may become necessary. Imagine if everyone wrote a segment that they said "has to be the opening segment" or if everyone wrote "in ring promo segments". The show would look very odd indeed. :lol: But go ahead and write it the way you picture it, the way you want to write it, and send it in. The more segments the merrier, especially for Resurrection since this is a giant three night event. If you have a preference as to which night you want your segment to appear let us know, otherwise the staff will place it where we feel it works best. We will always try to work with you and your vision for your segments and your character.

Anyone writing segments for Night Two, a special note: that is the Awards Ceremony and Hall of Fame Ceremony. There will be one special attraction match. So that show will be a little more upscale than most. Feel free to use that for segment ideas. Your characters can be dressed to the nines in the fanciest of attire. Or if your character likes to buck the system you can have them show up at this fancy show in the worst slobbish attire imaginable. Be creative. Have fun with it. Hall of Fame inductees will be writing their speeches. Obviously, so as to not spoil the surprise, awards nominees will not be notified of who won in each category.

Finally, GCW Owner Glory Braddock will be in attendance for night one of Resurrection and probably night three if there is interest in using her in a segment. It just makes sense as this is the biggest show of the year for GCW...this is our Wrestlemania...so the owner of GCW should at least make an appearance. Though I still don't want to have too many authority figures running around long term. Tabatha Silverstone and Pete Floyd is plenty. If you want to have your character interact with Glory in a segment on night one or night three then get in touch with me and we'll see what we can work out. Just understand that this is a one time appearance. Glory Braddock is not returning to GCW programming any time soon. But I will gladly work with anyone who has a segment idea and wants to interact with her.

In closing I want to again stress that this is our Wrestlemania. Our biggest event of the year. That's why the show is so big. This place wouldn't here without you and it would not have lasted up to now, our NINTH Resurrection, without you and everyone else who has come before who have contributed to this place. Thank you to everyone from our past and our present who have and still are contributing to make GCW a play to have fun and enjoy the game. That's the only reason I started this place; to create an environment where we can just forget about the competitive side of things and just enjoy the game. Thank you so very much.