Shotgun 09.16 <results>

randy

Shotgun 09.16 <results>

Post by randy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:16 pm

The scene rises up…

Brittany Kayl, the GCW World Champion, can be seen standing in front of the GCW backdrop with Hall of Fame Interviewer, Janice King, standing alongside her.

King: “That’s right! This is GCW’s ONLY Hall of Fame Interviewer, Janice King, and I am here with none other than the GCW World Heavyweight Champion, the Queen of All Media, Brittany Kayl!”

Brittany nods her head, hugging her belt closer to her.

King: “Brittany, the match is official! On November 15, you will be defending that World Championship…”

Janice moves forward to tap the title belt, but Brittany takes a half-step back, keeping it out of Janice’s reach.

King: “...sorry… against Minerva. What is going through your mind knowing that after your last match, you may still be the underdog?”

Brittany laughs, adjusting the belt on her shoulder.

Kayl: “Underdog? Is that what I am?”

King: “Well, your last match didn’t end in your favour, so…”

Kayl: “No, hun… that was a rhetorical question. You see, you may think of me as the underdog. Writers may think of me as the underdog. But in the end… Minerva needs to actually BEAT me again. This isn’t about pride, it’s about the Championship. She gets disqualified… she gets counted out… and that’s it. She’ll have burned her shot. On the other hand, if I were to be disqualified or counted out…”

Brittany muses in a singsong way, humming softly to herself. Janice scratches her head.

King: “Are you saying you would intentionally get yourself disqualified or counted out to remain Champion?”

Kayl: “Of course not, and I’m almost offended by the implication that I would do such a thing… Buuuuuuuuut…”

She chuckles.

Kayl: “I mean, it would be a shame for Minerva to put in that work only to be denied on a technicality, wouldn’t it? So you see, calling me the underdog really isn’t… what’s the word?... apt. Because I have that advantage… the CHAMPION’S advantage. I have that because I, not Minerva, am the CHAMPION. And it’s my goal to remain CHAMPION after Desperate Measures…”

Brittany begins to laugh as she says the name of the pay per view. Janice laughs with her, but is more tentative with her laugh.

King: “What are… what are we laughing about?”

Kayl: “Oh… it’s just that… “Desperate Measures” kind of fits, doesn’t it? After Resurrection, Minerva was desperate to do what she could to diminish MY moment… to take away from MY win! After all, what else was she trying to do with her “You needed a triple threat to beat me… you can’t one on one” talk? All that was… was Minerva trying to take the shine out of MY moment, away from MY time. So yeah… there’s some desperation there, and now she has her shot. Bravo, Minnie. I’m sure you’re riding high… well, I’d hate to bring you back down to earth a little, but you should know as well as anyone that defending this is different than just wrestling non-title. It shouldn’t be, but again… Desperate Measures.”

Brittany grins.

Kayl: “And if you think I’m not going to do whatever it takes to remain GCW World Champion, then you clearly don’t know Brittany Kayl… because I will. I’ll do whatever I need to do, by any means necessary, to remain on top… even if that requires some desperate measures of my own.”

With that, Brittany brings the belt to her lips. Instead of licking it as she had before, this time she plants her lips upon it, leaving a marking of lipstick on the globe. She nods towards Janice as the camera zooms in on the lip print before fading elsewhere.

==

Kawoon IN ACTION

Savino, Akeem The Supreme & M.E.A.V.E were ready to go against Betty Crocker and The El Perros.

All of Kawoon singled out Betty Crocker the whole five minute match. When Betty tried to take in, uncharastically, The El Perros bailed wanting nothing of this beatdown. Savino dropped Betty with The Do Or Die. Savino tagged in M.E.A.V.E. She got Betty into position to drop her with . Chernobyl. Last but not least, Akeem executed the mercy kill by applying a rear naked choke he calls Tylenol. Betty tapped out immediately.

Winners: Kowloon.

==

Backstage…

Mariah can be seen flanked by her four presenters, who momentarily will be lifting her up on her platform and carrying her through the curtain. As Mariah gets to her seat, she looks to the camera.

Mariah: “Finally… do you know how long I have been waiting for a chance like tonight? Think about it… every time I’m given a chance to shine, I shine brighter than the brightest star! There is greatness in my future, but too many times I’m shuffled to the side, not used to my fullest potential. One look and you can see… there’s World Champion written all… over me.”

Mariah refers to her gear, which is now emblazoned with the phrase “Future World Champion” among other things written in a golden script.

Mariah: “Everything I do, I do with purpose. That purpose is the top of the mountain… and tonight, I prove just how good I am when I defeat another former Champion in Julia Braddock. See?”

She points out on her gear, where “Defeat Julia Braddock” is written.

Mariah: “You want GCW to be the foremost wrestling company in the world? Face it: You NEED a star like ME on top… not a relic like Julia Braddock, someone who had her time and is trying her damnedest to get back to the top, regardless of how much that would inhibit someone like me. So tonight, I show you who the future is. I show you who the PRESENT is! Because this is Mariah Time! Let’s go, boys.”

She sits down upon her throne, and the four men lift their corner, preparing to carry Mariah through the curtain. The scene shifts.

==

Backstage we see the lovely Kensington Knockout known as Julia Braddock. The beautiful blonde is dressed in her wrestling gear and looks ready to compete. Her face tell story of a woman who is intense and ready for in ring competition. A confident smirk is on her face that tells us she is also very confident in her skills.

Julia: How are you, Missouri?

The crowd cheers loudly in the background. Julia nods her approval.

Julia: Brilliant, mates. Now then, onto business and that business has to do with me, The Kensington Knockout. I said things were going to change and I have delivered on that promise. I won a Shotgun vs. Livewire Battle Royal at Purgatory, I beat AJ Helms, I beat Karina Lysenko. And despite the bitching from some, none of it was cheap, none of it was luck, and none of it was a fluke. Fact is, I was just that good. I have been consistently good since refocusing my attention back on where it needs to be...inside the ring...and now tonight I get a chance to tangle with another little tart who thinks she’s the top shit, and yet like me she’s also been on a bit of a roll.

Braddock smirks knowingly.

Julia: Oh Mariah, I’ll give credit where credit is due love, you are good. You are impressive. But the words you’re spouting off are the same ones I’ve heard for years and years and years...hell, I’ve heard the same shit ever since this company got restarted, because what you may not know is that I’ve been here since GCW was rebooted. You sound like glory hounds, people like Chantelle...people like me even back in the day...that’s who you sound like. Let me give you a piece of advice, as someone who has been there, that kind of attitude will only take you so far. You may one day reach the top of the mountain but then you’ll come crashing down hard and the world will come crashing down upon you as well. And trust me, it doesn’t feel any good at all.

The Kensington Knockout chuckles.

Julia: Not that you care, right mate? You just care about the here and the now. You care about the instant succeed you feel you are owed. No one is owed or entitled to anything in this business. You earn your way and tonight, Mariah, I am going to make you EARN your stripes. I am going to make you PAY your dues in spades. Tonight you have a roadblock on your path to superstardom and her name is Julia Braddock, The Kensington Knockout, and I’m not some stepping stone for you.

Julia shake sher head.

Julia: No, no, no, quite the contrary, love. I am in this to win it. I am in this to further my career and continue my run straight back to the top of the mountain. GCW is the house that I helped rebuild and tonight is another step back to reclaiming what is mine.

==

Mariah vs Julia Braddock

The match started out slow with Mariah and Julia feeling each other out.

Collar and elbow tie ups. Neither woman pulling ahead. No one wanted to make a mistake.

Mariah landed the firing shot about two minutes in with a slap to the face. Julia smiled, not reacting in anger. She urged Mariah to lock back up with her. Then Julia built up some momentum. Take downs. Reversals. Managed a belly to belly in there. Did go for a count, got a one out of it. Mariah didn’t lag too far behind. Ultra competitive. Julia showed her experience, it was obvious to anyone watching that Mariah was a star in the making.

Around the 16 minute mark, Mariah caught Julia with a cartwheel enziguri kick. Sensing the end might be near, Mariah scaled the ropes. She looked to connect with an Imploding 450 Splash. The only thing she connected with was the mat, Julia moved out the way at the last possible second. Picked Mariah up. Future Shock style DDT she calls Cult of Personality. Pinned GCW’s brightest young talent for the one-two-three.

Winner: Julia Braddock.

==

Today in American History
A Minute with Miss America

The scene opens up to an image of the American flag waving on the horizon. The voice of Miss America can be heard narrating over…

Miss America: “Today is Tuesday, October 20, 2020. On this day back in 1864, United States President Abraham Lincoln declared that America would celebrate Thanksgiving as a nationally-observed holiday.”

The scene fades over, showing Miss America clad in the red, white, and blue of the United States, standing behind a table with a fully cooked turkey.

Miss America: “And although we don’t actually CELEBRATE the day until November, I think it’s important to be thankful for things every day. We should be thankful to be in a nation as free and as strong as the United States of America! I think we should be thankful for the opportunities we have been afforded because of it. For those of us born here, we should be thankful to have won the birthplace lottery. For those of you who emigrated here and chose America as your home, you should be thankful that America has embraced you as you have her.”

Miss America smiles.

Miss America: “What I do, I do because of the Greatness and Glory of these United States. As my success is America’s success, the beauty and inherent superiority of this land is something I share with her. God bless America, because America blessed me!”

The flag fades over Miss America slowly, before the scene fades out.

==

A camera pans through a gym showing off various equipment before a figure in the distance comes into view. As the view goes closer, Katrina Lopez is shown wrapping tape around her wrists. She pulls the tape tight and brings it to her mouth, ripping it with her teeth before looking over her shoulder and smirking. The view switches to her looking straight into the camera, still sporting that smirk.

Katrina: "It's time to go back where it all started. The world knows Katrina Lopez was a capable fighter on her own. But they've forgotten. Already I'm sure they've written me off. Bells is gone, but I'm still here. I had the option to wait around for her to come back, but I asked to keep fighting. So I will. I'll fight for her. And I'll fight for me. I was born to fight and I've been doing just that my entire life. I live for this. I need this."

Katrina stands up and puts her hands on her waist as the camera follows her through the gym. She grabs a towel and drapes it over her neck and then holds on to each end.

Katrina: "Right off the bat, thrown back into the fire. Kellen Jeffries... honestly it doesn't matter who they lined up across from me. This is what I demanded of our general manager when she told me she was taking those titles away from us. I exchanged them for another shot at making this run on my own. No handouts. Only what I EARN in that ring."

Katrina leaves the gym area and walks down a hallway with the camera following in front of her. She stares directly into the lens.

Katrina: "This isn't going to be like the last time though. Time after time in this company I have been given an opportunity only for something to fall apart right in front of my face. Teamed up in a random tag team, and he leaves the promotion for awhile. I make a singles run into the chamber, and I'm tripped up and taken out first. I win the tag team titles and my partner suffers a freak injury. No longer will I let anything be up to chance. I won't wait my turn and I won't play by their rules. I will make an impact that will be felt but this whole show."

She stops at the end of the hallway and opens a door. Light beams through from the other side and she turns to look back over her shoulder at the camera.

Katrina: "I promise you this time will be different. Put your faith in me right now or get left behind when I change the very narrative of who the best in this company really is. I was damn good as a tag team competitor for this brand. Now I will show that I can do it all. Kellen Jeffries is just the first victim of what I will do with this new opportunity. He will be an example of what I plan to do on my own. If you thought Katrina Lopez was just going to sit back and watch the wrestling world continue to turn without her than you were sadly mistaken. I'm going to flip this bitch on its head."

Katrina steps forward to step into the light, but then she stops and turns around. The camera zooms in on her face, the light shining brightly from behind her.

Katrina: "Illuminaughty for life... but for now it's Katrina Lopez vs. the world. Step into the light with me and watch as I change everything."

Katrina steps through the door and it slams behind her, making everything go pitch black.

==

Katrina Lopez vs Kellen Jeffries

In a highly competitive contest that lasted roughly ten minutes, the ending of the match was a real nail biter.

It involved Kellen going for Game Misconduct. Katrina pushed him off. He turned around. Katrina went for Last Light. Kellen ducked that. He tried going for Game Misconduct again to switch Katrina countered by slapping on a sleeper. Before he could fully fight his way out of it, Katrina dropped down, rolled Kellen up. Let him go at the count of one. As Kellen slowly got up, Katrina connected with Last Light.

One-two-three. She scored what many would consider an upset victory.

Winner: Katrina Lopez.

Katrina looked like she couldn’t believe it at first. Then she smiled realizing she was off to a good start post the injury that happened to Bella. She rolled out the ring, headed to the back, meanwhile, Robert Downey handed the briefcase to Kellen who held his head as he slowly managed to sit up. A smirk formed on his face as the scene transitioned to commercial.

==
Cameras go backstage with the massive amount of boos as Jody appears with a skull in his hands which means he's not in a good mood. However, Jody's never in a good mood, especially when Brooklyn attacked him with a steel chair last time around. Jody strokes his skull statue and starts to talk.

Jody Rainer: "What Brooklyn did only proved that the entire time we've had this rivalry, that she's a straight-up piece of shit. Funny thing is I've never denied I'm not a piece of shit because that would make me a liar. I'm an asshole, and a piece of shit at it's best, and quite frankly, I'm the biggest piece of shit in professional wrestling. When other wrestlers face me, regardless if they are bad or good guys, they are the good guy because they can't stand what a shithead I am. I'm not a nice person to be around because I never had a family or anyone who give a damn about me. Not even this company does, the way they've left me off the shows, only to be booked once a month is disgusting."

Jody shook his head, stroking the skull statue, perfect fitting for Halloween coming up. He hadn't discussed his opponent once since Shotgun GM announced the match.

Jody Rainer: "I'm not one of those lazy wrestlers who accept having fucking time away from wrestling in the ring. No, I want to work my ass off to be in the ring every single time a match takes place on Shotgun. What is this pathetic excuse of not booking me? There is none, and this shit needs to improve Cuntbitha. Alright, so my opponent this week is the vilest disgusting bitch I've ever seen on this roster, Minerva. Yes, I'm not stupid to know she was a former GCW champion on Shotgun, she was when I joined this company what a year ago now. Christ, that feels like a long time, but she seems another one of those wrestlers who had a family of wrestlers training her up to get where she is. I must be the only wrestler on this planet who's never been trained by a professional wrestler. I mean now I am, but sooner than later, he's going to come here and team with me. That's right, teaming to destroy every son of a bitch around us."

Since Jody had money now, he could go to a wrestling school, and he has with a guy he's been working with for some time, and the results of his matches have proved it.

Jody Rainer: "It's good to know that you've slipped down the ladder harder than I have. How far you've fallen to go from being a GCW champion to being in a match with me? Shows you aren't the top bitch you once were. You've slipped up somewhere on the lines, but the one thing that makes me sick about you is you lick people. What the fuck is this shit you do? What wrestler would lick wrestlers after they won their matches? What's the sense of this? I don't want to get cooty's from a disgusting freak of a wrestler like yourself. Well, nobody in wrestling is attractive, not when I'll smash your face in with my fist, beating the holy shit out of you. I can dethrone the once former GCW champion into the next planet, leaving you all blooded and rolled out of a stretcher before you'll have the chance to lick my face or maybe, I'll pull your tongue out and cut it open to stop you from giving me cooty's."

Jody takes a minute to pause, stroking his skull statue for a while.

Jody Rainer: "I'm the better wrestler than you, and I will prove it when I'll make you tap out like a whore you are, or you look like one and make you suffer in so much pain that you along with Cuntbitha will never ignore me to not wrestle on Shotgun ever again. I will destroy you and walk out the winner of the match, not giving a flying fuck about these fans or anyone in the back. I'm my own man, and I will continue to be a horrible nasty prick I am because I enjoy being hated. See you out there, you fucking whore."

Boos coming from the crowd as Jody places his middle finger up to the camera and walks away to go to his locker room for the next match to take place on the Shotgun show tonight.

==

Backstage…

The Gypsy Moth, Minerva in her wrestling gear leans against the wall with a rose in her mouth, Mr. Gunari, the mysterious man in the mask stands next to her as he looks into the camera to speak….

Mr. Gunari: Minerva really doesn’t have much to say this week, as the World title is on the horizon, but Jody Rainer, this is your opportunity to make something of yourself, to elevate your career against one of the top international stars in the world. The question now lies in what you want out of this. See, my Queen is ready for blood, yours. I’m sure that your dirty, filthy scoundrel ass would love to be bit and kissed by her, but as we all can see, Minerva does wat she wants, when she wants. My Queen?

Removing her sunglasses and lowering the rose, Minerva speaks softly, her icy blue eyes glare into the camera…

Minerva: “Perversion…. A human behavior that deviates from that which is understood to be orthodox or normal, often used to describe contrary to the accepted or expected standard or practice. The GCW and especially Shotgun has transformed into a uniformity of plays and chapters acted out like reruns of the same show on loop for the wrestling fan to see. This guy beats that one, this one never gets a chance, this other one is not respected, a simplistic yet ordinary vicious cycle I view as nothing more than a platform to conformity and complacency among the Superstars.

We must keep appearances, right Jody Rainer?

This is where Perversion comes in. In a brand so riddled by the constant and monotonous drag of those who never evolve, hanging their hat on past laurels, accolades and name alone, that we tend to forget what sticks out and they hate it, it puts them all on their toes, look over their shoulder in fear and anticipation that the past is the present and the future is closer than they think. Life goes in cycles, some though are not willing to make way for their little “title hopes” to complete the long career accolades hell, this time Jody and I are the platform for a very compelling story of trash, bot come from nothing, traveled through the test of time and have become GCW lore.

Here is where that Perversion begins, in a setting where the norm and the same story is told, while the rest of us sit around and listen to Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes over and over as they never change. Greed has always been the motivating factor to those that have nothing left to prove while women like me and men like Jody who don’t have a pot to piss in are fighting for our lives barely staying afloat as former Champions who need to prove their worth?

In this perverse setting does Pain? Suffering? Defeat? Annihilation exists? I have trusted in the “process” to always give in return…. That of NO MERCY. Wrestling in matches, strolling into that pit of despair knowing, feeling, yearning all the misery that opponents like Jody standing across from me wanted to unleash. Do you think I underestimate you, Jody? No……I do not, I would never underestimate a victim. Do we come prepared to fight? Yes, we do. In my GCW travels I want those that scream the battle cry to show me that they too can become that which they are not, like a cosplay, the monsters in the closet I have been looking for, while the rest of them hide under their bed or pull the covers over thinking that will protect them falling into that false sense of security accustomed by people like most of the wrestlers on Shotgun holding on to their spots, gripping them so tight, hanging on the last knot of the rope who think this is all a fantastical play on a deviant vision you have orchestrated in your head only to soon find out that we changed the game. I never found a one that showed me they were willing to go to the same extremes as myself to win, for you see, you have pushed me to the limits that even I fear cannot be controlled with Mr. Gunari now seeing it how I have been preaching and exploiting for a long time.

I could respect Jody Rainer much like Brittany Kayl.

Do I respect her, Jody?

No.

I do not respect anybody that disguises themselves as a hero to this company when nothing more than a selfish, egotistical little girl, plays this on the arts and doesn’t finish the job. I’m still here and Jody, tonight, Atlas Falls, and when I am done with you, know that I am not your enemy, I am resolution.

Lickity lick….

My Heaven, Your Hell.”

Without another word, Minerva places her glasses back on her face and makes the gesture of a pistol before sticking out her tongue, and walking off,

==

Jody Rainer Vs Minerva

Before Minerva even entered the ring, Jody went through the trouble of removing the turnbuckle padding.

This was definitely an interesting match.

Minerva played mind games with Jody. Not fully engaging him in the fight he was looking for. It was clear he was getting frustrated. Calling Minerva a coward. Trying to egg her on. His usual bluster didn’t work on the Gypsy Queen.

Once the fight did become more traditional, Minerva’s experience did show. But Jody was able to connect with power moves. Slowing Minerva down.

Towards the end of the match, the turnbuckle that Jody exposed would come back to bite him. Minerva was in the corner. Jody tried for a corner splash. She moved. She quickly capitalized by dropping him with her Paradise Lost DDT. Malcolm Stride counted the academic one-two-three.

Winner: Minerva

Minerva made sure to leave her mark, licking Jody’s forehead. She slide out the ring, joining Mr. Gunari. Both of them departed ringside as the scene fades.

==

Pre-recorded…

Soothing, classical, piano music can be heard playing in the background. Gold glitter can be seen descending from thin air as a feminine voice begins to speak…

“The following presentation has been paid for by The Sovereign, reminding you that we are better than you!”

The gold glitter fades away. We open on a stage with a piano. A dapper young gentleman with brown hair is playing the soothing music we were hearing on said piano. A few moments later Aubrianna Powers steps into full view from stage right. The MVP is wearing a tight form fitting elegant black dress and black patent leather high heel pumps. Her long pink tipped blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. A confident smirk is etched across her face.

Aubrianna: Greetings everyone! This public service announcement is courtesy of your friends at…

She pauses to consider her words. Then she suddenly shakes her head.

Aubrianna: ...wait, what am I thinking? The Sovereign doesn’t need any of you as friends!

She laughs nastily

Aubrianna: BUT this public service announcement should serve as a reminder of things to come for Slade Merriman and Brooklyn Smith as well as a warning to anyone who would dare try and target The Sovereign. Isn’t that nice of us?

The pink tipped blonde haired beauty takes a bow. Applause can be heard in the background, applause that is probably recorded on a tape but don’t tell anyone that!

Aubrianna: You come at us, and we beat you up. You get up and come at us again and we beat you up again. Quite frankly, Chantelle and I are getting pretty sick and tired of beating you up all the time. Yet you want this match? You want to face us at Desperate Measures? Well congratulations clowns, you got it! Silverstone wrote your own personal death certificate because like I said, Chantelle and I are finished dealing with you and we are going to end this at Desperate Measures and then move on to bigger and better things.

Powers smirks.

Aubrianna: So to anyone out there who has any smart ideas of targeting the biggest and baddest sharks in the ocean that is Shotgun, then watch what happens at Desperate Measures and understand just what you are getting yourself into.

==

The scene opens up in one of the private suites. This suite is currently being occupied by The Sovereign: Chantelle Chambers, Aubrianna Powers, Chanel Hunter, and Kat Kelly. The scene shifts around, showing Broderick “The Brod” Chase and Trinity Street having a conversation in the back of the suit. Chantelle rises from her seat, moving over to the two advisors of the group.

Chantelle: “Have you two got a minute?”

Trinity and The Brod look to Chantelle, opening up their face to face conversation to let Chantelle into something of a circle.

Trinity: “What’s on your mind?”

Chantelle: “You know that I’ve never been one to let personal feelings get in the way of what needs to be done in the ring. I have always been nothing if not a consummate professional, disconnecting from my feelings to do whatever it takes to get ahead.”

Brod: “Of course... that’s why you’ve made it as far as you have.”

Chantelle: “Well… I’m going to need some help with this as far as Brooklyn is concerned.”

Trinity: “Don’t tell me you’re letting her get under your skin…”

Chantelle almost scoffs at the suggestion but, seeing Trinity’s expression, holds it in.

Chantelle: “No… not at all. If nothing else, it’s more a sense that Brooklyn will need help disassociating. She has taken our actions somewhat personally, and quite frankly that’s something I don’t quite understand. Maybe you could help me there?”

The Brod shakes his head.

Brod: “Brooklyn is just in her head about doing things the “right” way that she is blind to the fact that there are different varieties of “right ways” to go about things. That she would carry on her vendetta speaks more to her character than anything else.”

Chantelle nods.

Chantelle: “Right… and hopefully after Desperate Measures, when she sees that her white knighting was fruitless, she’ll come to understand that this wasn’t personal. It was all about sending messages when they needed to be sent.”

Trinity: “You can never be too sure. Just keep doing you, ‘telle, and you’ll be fine.”

Chantelle nods her head again.

Chantelle: “Right… I’ll do me.”

With that, Chantelle moves back over to her seat, with The Brod and Trinity watching.

Trinity: “What do you think?”

Brod: “She’s stressing. She hides it well, but she’s stressing.”

Trinity: “Well, not THAT well.”

The Brod chuckles a bit, watching Chantelle sit back down again. The scene shifts.

==

We cut backstage where we spot the fabulous, glorious, wonderful, and positively humble Hall of Fame journalist Janice King. And if you don’t believe us, just ask her! The blonde Hall of Famer is standing by with a somewhat nervous look on her face. The reason why is unknown as of yet. But standing next to her is one half of Twin Magic, “The Phoenix” Marie Annabelle Jones.

Janice: Yes, I am Janice King...uh...the...um...quite possibly worst interviewer in GCW history. And it is my, uh...distinct honor and privilege to interview the single greatest tag team in the history of professional wrestling...Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams...Twin Magic!

Marie chuckles lightly.

Marie: Ok, Kim, you’ve had your fun. Now stop.

The camera pans out and we see that Kimberly had been standing just to the other side of Janice holding a staple gun to her head. Kimberly pouts like a child.

Kim: Awww, really?

Marie: Yes.

Kimberly throws the staple gun to the side. Janice breathes a sigh of relief.

Janice: So ladies, tonight you take on The Soviet Gingers in tag team action. You certainly have history with them as a part of Ginger Nation. Are you conflicted at all heading into this match?

Marie: Conflicted? Oh c’mon, Janice, you’re a better journalist than that. You should know by now that Kim and I are very proud athletes. We are former GCW World Tag Team Champions and former SCW World Tag Team Champions. We are proud of what we do inside that ring. So regardless of any history we may have with Karina and Anastasia, do you honestly believe we will let that get between us and victory tonight?

Kimberly snickers.

Kim: Tonight Marie and I are going to do what we do best. Win, baby!

Marie: That’s right and when we do win, just understand that EVERY champion on this brand is on notice. Fact is Kim and I are good individually and as a team. We are looking to get gold back around our waists and we will go through anyone we have to in order to get what we want.

==

The Soviet Gingers vs Twin Magic

Just because Anastasia is an adopted member of the Jones family didn’t mean Marie and Kim were going to take it easy on her.

Kim and Anatasia locked up first. If you call it that. They tried to out crazy each other. Kim smiled. Marie asked to be tagged in. She wasn’t interested in who could out crazy who. The antics of Anatasia did make Marie roll her eyes, The Crown Jewel did gain control.

The match was pretty competitive. The Gingers showed they are former tag team champions for a reason. A good chunk of the match was controlled by Twin Magic.

The end when Kimberly connects Shadowblade to Karina, her momentum backed her into Marie Jones who drove Karina’s head into the match with the headlock driver (Ava Marie). Marie pins Karina. Kimberly holds Anatasia at bay for the decisive Twin Magic victory.

Winner: Twin Magic

==

[The Scene Opens in the back with Scream Machine ready for Match four against Wrestling’s Most Wanted and a chance to win the World Tag Team Titles after losing them a year ago. Siouxsie Blade and Mara Kade have been waiting patiently for their chance to finally win some gold, they are one match away, but if they don’t win, the last encounter will be at Desperate Measures. Siouxsie and Mara aren;t even looking ahead, they want to end this now. Siouxsie already in her wrestling gear, carrying “Charles” in her hand turns to the camera, her eyes widened, long black nails rubbing across the chest of her Good Guy Doll, as she speaks first….]

Siouxsie: They talk like this is it, where if we win tonight, we become the World Tag Team Champions, because well, Tabitha Silverstone finally got her head out of her fucking ass! Sorry, didn;t mean to say fucking, that is like a really bad fucking word and Charles hates it when I use bad fucking language so like I need to stop and clear my fucking head. Right, so anyway, we have Hannah Myers who is dating a Mandrill, I mean I thought Charles was bad… no offense Charles.

Charles: (In Siouxsie’s Made Up Voice) No problem doll!

Siouxsie: Hee Hee…. he just called me doll, the IRONY! Anyways, Hannah, your taste in men suck, but you are like super cute still and I am going to bite your toes off, because if I don;t, well then I am a liar, Mara loses like all respect for me and Minerva will think even less, that’s like a lot of pressure on a gal that is unstable, catch my drift? Hannah, you intrigue me in a very erotic and I want to kill and carve you up in a SCREAM, Drew Barrymore kinda way, you know? Okay maybe you don;t know but that doesn’t really matter, right? Maybe it does because you see Hannah, much like Kendra who is just annoying, I think you are annoyingly funny so at least I laugh when I hear you speak. Well tonight, we win the tag team titles, we take back what was always ours to begin with, we become the greatest tag team of all time and Charles will be a TWO TIME! TWO TIME! Manager of the year! As for you Kendra, you call yourself a Classic, or maybe that is really your last name, though I will admit Blade is my real last name, I mean seriously it is. See though Classic, this is going to be anything but, Mara and I are on a mission, we have been telling everyone since they started speaking about this Rising Tide shit, that we were not the best well what do I say to that!?

BULLSHIT!

Shhhh… I didn’t mean to Scream, oh what the fuck, of course I did!

[Siouxsie tilts her head, smirking and getting right up to the camera….]

Siouxsie: Do you two bitches even know why we REFUSE, RESIST and RECLAIM? Oh it’s quite simple, we are and will always stand against the order, and you two are the perfect example of that order and we are going to take it down finger by finger, toe by toe, tit by tit and you know the rest. Charles?

Charles: (In Siouxsie’s Made Up Voice) Kick those cunts asses!

Siouxsie: Charles!? Bad language! I told you not to curse…. I…. Oh, Mara?

[Mara smiles, stepping up now as Siouxsie is seen talking to Charles. She looks back at Siouxsie and Charles, then turns back to the camera.]

Mara: My husband will tell you. I am not a morning person. I am a miserable, miserable person to get around in the morning. But today? I was excited., I couldn’t fall asleep last night. I almost jumped out of bed today. Because I knew today was the day Siouxsie and I were going to get those Tag Team titles. It’s been almost a year. We’ve taken some lumps. Have gone through some questionable calls and I mean questionable. We’ve lost on the biggest stage. We’ve been tested. People have been doubting us.

[Mara looks at Siouxsie.]

Mara: We lost the first match in this series. Wrestling’s Most Wanted wants to talk about overcoming obstacles. They’re not the only ones! The difference is we’re not turning into a sob story. We didn’t sell our souls to some manager that could take advantage of us. No one did that to your sweethearts. You did. We have always relied on what we do and we have a standard for ourselves. Scream Machine can’t just be in the middle of the pack. We have to be the ones leading it.

[Mara runs a hand through her hair.]

Mara: Life has taught both me and Siouxsie that when shit hits the fan and the going gets tough...you keep swinging for the fences to pull yourself out. Scream Machine is the definition of a championship team. We could have gotten rattled after Match 1. We could have panicked. Instead, we dug deeper, we fought harder, we trained smarter. We stuck to what we do best and that’s why we’re in this position. Throw a fucking fit about what I said about you Hannah. It doesn’t make it less true. You and Kendra have wondered about your looks and appearances. Thinking that alone is what makes a champion. You see what we do and you immediately look at the marketing, the merch and you think THAT’s what makes Scream Machine. But what you didn’t think about is the toughness, the grit, the fight that we have inside of us. You didn’t consider how stubborn we are, how hard we’ve been fighting back up the ladder since losing the titles last year. And so when we fight in that ring, we’re taking your hearts out of your chest. Last two matches, we’re eating you up alive. And you know it. They know it.

[Mara smirks.]

Mara: That makes me happy. You talked your trash. But when the match is on the line, we’re kicking the dogshit out of you. As fun as that’s been, we haven’t won anything yet. We still have one more match to go. Your backs are against the wall, WMW. It’s win or go home for you. Some people might think that makes you the team with nothing to lose. Maybe. But just remember what we’ve been fighting to get back for the last year. Remember what happened with the Rising Tide. Hell, remember how we lost the titles. The Sovereign screwed us. Remember that and remember that if we win, we become the Tag Team champions. Now ask yourself, with that on the line for us and knowing how much we’ve crawled ourselves back to this position. Ask yourselves...would you bet against Scream Machine to finish the job?

[Mara pauses.]

Mara: Not on your fucking life. It’s clean up time. Time to close the book on this series. Time to get everything back.

[Mara and Siouxsie touch knuckles before they walk away from the scene.]

==

Backstage, Kendra Classic enters the dressing room shared by herself and her tag-team partner, Hannah Myers. Kendra frowns at the sight before her. Hannah is sitting in front of a television, watching the recent Mara Cade video. Hannah's eyes are fixed to the screen and her fists are clenched tight enough that the nails cut into her palms. Kendra grabs the remote, turning off the TV and startling Hannah.

Hannah: "Hey!"

Hannah turns to see Kendra standing there with the remote and a concerned expression on her lovely face.

Hannah: "O. Hi Kennie."

Kendra: "How many times have you watched that interview now, Hannah? A dozen?"

Hannah's cheeks reddens and her looks down into her lap. Kendra takes a seat next to her on the couch, then puts a hand under Hannah's chin, forcing her best friend to look at her.

Kendra: "What is going on with you, babe? Why are you letting what that bitch said get to you so much? Who cares what she thinks? Mara is just a loud mouth who likes to hear her own voice."

Hannah: "I know she is. I don't know. Her reasons for not respecting me are so stupid! I mean, who wouldn't object to being bitten! Why does that take away from what I have done? I'm a former World Tag-Team Champion!"

Kendra: "I know. I was there."

Kendra smirks.

Hannah: "I am a black belt in multiple martial arts disciplines! Fuck, I trained to wrestle under Tony Todd! Timothy Myers is my brother! But, I object to being bitten and I take pride in my looks, and I'm a weak bitch? I'm the weak link of our team? Maybe that last part is true..."

Kendra shakes her head, pressing her fingers to Hannah’s lips.

Kendra: “Stop. Okay? Just stop listening to her. Destroy the tape. Throw it into the trash where it belongs. Just stop.”

Hannah stops talking, nodding her head.

Kendra: “That’s the difference between people like Mara and Siouxsie and TEAMS like Wrestling’s Most Wanted. They want to plant uncertainty in our minds. They want to drive a wedge between us because if they do… if they actually succeed at that… they’ve done all they needed to do. For them to beat us tonight, when our backs are against the wall, they are willing to try EVERY LAST TACTIC in the book, including giving a bullshit interview!”

Hannah: “I know…”

Kendra: “Between us there IS no weak link, because we are a singular unit out there. Mara and Siouxsie want to present themselves as this hot shit tag team. They want to “revolutionize” the tag team division, but the things they’re talking about… main eventing as Champions and what not… are things WE’VE ALREADY DONE! Scream Machine wants to be at the forefront, but what they REALLY want is to follow the path blazoned by WRESTLING’S MOST WANTED! Tonight it’s up to US to show them why WE are the top tag team on Shotgun… why WE will CONTINUE making tag team wrestling here what it is! No Scream Machine is going to get in the way of what WE have built!”

Hannah nods, this time with purpose.

Hannah: “Those bitches have a world of hurt coming.”

Kendra: “Tonight we teach them a lesson they’ll deny, but one they’ll NEVER forget!”

Hannah reaches towards the player, pulling the disc with Mara’s interview out, tossing it into the trash as the scene fades...

==

Main Event
Best of Five
Match 4
Wrestling’s Most Wanted (1) vs Scream Machine (2)

The GCW World Tag Team Titles were sitting on a podium next to the announce table.

Getting to ahead of themselves, Scream Machine walked over to the podium to look at the titles like they already owned them. Taking exception to that, Wrestling’s Most Wanted greeted them at the table. The two teams started brawling. The fight took both teams into the crowd. Knowing how important this match is, Shawn Pack allowed the fighting to take place. Eventually they made their way back to the ring. The action shifted inside. Pack finally rung the bell to start the match officially.

At one point in the match, Hannah tried to submit Mara Kade to the Sharpshooter. Mara wasn’t going to give up. Sio had enough faith in her partner to get out the move. Which she did by crawling over to the Scream Machine corner. Hannah did let go. She was met with a cheap shot by Sio.

Hannah was the one they opted to single out. Working on her shoulder. Trying to set her up for the same move that Mara made Hannah tap too a week ago. The plan almost worked. This time around Hannah had the move scouted. She wasn’t going to fall for the same gambit twice. Kendra got the hot tag. She swung the momentum back in Wrestling’s Most Wanteds favor.

Towards the end of the match, Scream Machine had Kendra in the kneel position. Mara on one side. Sio on the other. This is it. Or so they thought. Hannah pulled Sio out the ring. Proceeded to toss her into the ring steps. Mara tried to knee Kendra in the head anyway. Kendra ducked. Mara missed with the knee. Kendra got up, Hannah slid in the ring, Kendra lifted Mara up for them to connect with an elevated Code Breaker maneuver no one knows the name of. Kendra makes the over. Hannah stands guard. Prevents Sio from breaking up the count.

Winners: Wrestling’s Most Wanted

WMW- 2
Scream Machine- 2

Shawn Pack raised Kendra and Hannah’s arms in victory. Wrestling’s Most Wanted exited the ring. They backed up the ramp. Sio and Mara kept their eyes on them the entire time. Only one way to settle this, a LADDER MATCH at Desperate Measures.

The show closes on the stare down between two of the best teams wrestling has to offer.