Shotgun 10.07 <results>

randy

Shotgun 10.07 <results>

Post by randy » Tue May 18, 2021 8:57 pm

Backstage we find “The MVP” Aubrianna Powers strutting around arm in arm with her journalist husband, the newly minted Hall of Fame member, Dexter Russell. Powers has a broad ear to ear grin on her face but Dexter seems a bit uneasy.

Aubrianna: I tell ya, Dex, I absolutely love Resurrection season! Resurrection is my show, babe! In fact, I am The MVP of Resurrection! My first Resurrection was in Vegas for Resurrection VII. Then in Resurrection VIII it was me challenging for the Global Championship in one of the main events at London, England. And last year at Resurrection IX I was in the main event challenging for the GCW World Championship in Dallas, Texas!

Dexter: But your record at Resurrection is currently sitting at one win against two losses.

The Most Valuable Powers furrows her brow.

Aubrianna: So what? Who cares about details? The point is that Resurrection is nothing without The MVP of Resurrection!

Dexter: And I suppose you think you and Chantelle will become the new GCW Global Tag Team Champions?

Aubrianna: Duh! It’s academic, babe! I’m The MVP, Chantelle is a Beverly Hills Bombshell, and Summer and Jessica are...well...they’re Summer and Jessica.

Dexter: They’re also the current champion.

Powers smirks.

Aubrianna: All that will change when they face The Sovereign. See, this is how it’s gonna go down, babe; you will become a Hall of Famer, I will become The Most Valuable Global Tag Team Champion, and Summer and Jessica will become The Sovereign’s personal bitches!

Dexter’s eyes grow wide in fear. The reason why is evident when Powers is spun around and is face to face with “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz.

Jessica: Are you sure about that, Powers?

Lasiewicz reaches out and snatches The MVP by the throat.

Jessica: The way I see it, I kicked your ass in that church, Summer kicked Chantelle’s ass on Livewire, and the only reason you two clowns even have a shot at the titles is because of some phony disqualification the one time the two teams fought. But at Resurrection there will be no disqualifications, no count outs, and no excuses. Summer and I will do what we’ve always done...we will win.

The Archangel releases her grip.

Jessica: So I’ll see you at Resurrection, Aubrey. Good luck, you will need it.

Lasiewicz walks away.

--

Non Title Match.
Miss America Vs Mariah

Unlike previous encounters between Miss America and Mariah, the security detail that accompanied Mariah down to the ring largely kept their distance from the action. This allowed Miss America to show Mariah that she wasn’t to be fucked with. At certain points, even out wrestling the Heritage Champion. Ever the crafty one, Mariah did show that all the hype that accompanies her was justified.

Towards the end of the match, Miss America had Mariah right where she wanted her. She springboarded to the middle rope, then to the rope. With flawless precision performed a Shooting Star Press. Unfortunately for Miss America, she missed Manifest Destiny. Mariah scaled the ropes. She connected with an Imploding 450 Splash she calls The Brightest Starr. Hooked the leg. Mariah scored the definitive victory over Miss America.

Winner: Mariah.

Mariah rolled out the ring. Her security detail joined her. They walked away from the ring leaving Miss America on the mat. As she came too, the dejected look on Miss America’s face was self-evident. Mariah held her Heritage Championship in the air as the crowd reigned boos down.

--

[Scream Machine is seen standing next to one another outside the arena, with Siouxsie wearing both sets of GCW World Tag Team titles draped around her next. She’s in her ring gear and her ring jacket while Mara is donning a black, white and red ‘Mr and Mrs. Charles” t-shirt and black jeans.

Mara: It’s been three months and some change is a long time to make a defense but it goes back to what me and Sio have always said. We want quality contenders. This isn’t charity. Scream Machine Life is to never, EVER, give anyone something that they haven't earned because everything that me and Sio have gotten in our lives we have earned.

[The crowd reacts as Mara faces the hard cam.]

Mara: So we don’t care if it takes three months, four months, whatever. Only the best teams that have proven themselves, that have ran through the competition, THOSE are the teams that we want to face.We want the world, don’t get me wrong. But we want these titles to be defended against the very best. And that brings us to Resurrection.

[Mara taps Siouxsie on the shoulder and smirks.]

Mara: Baaaad Bastards!

[Mara laughs.]

Mara: You mouth breathers. You mental midgets. You can’t say that word anymore right?

Siouxsie: What? Midgets?

Mara: I don’t think we can. Whatever. Doesn’t matter. Mental midgets. You two had your heads so far up your asses, you almost pissed away what you earned. A shot at these belts. But you chose us and I respect that. We are the best and you chose the best. Two years ago, I finished 3rd in Civil War like you, Nicky Stone and we challenged the Brotherhood because people said they were the best. And we beat their asses and we took their titles. That would be the Global titles, the titles over there on Livewire. Where you guys are. That’s right. Remember. On both brands, Scream Machine runs shit in the tag team division!

[Mara nods as she pats Siouxsie on her shoulder.]

Mara: So you chose us. At Resurrection, Night 3 boys, it’s going to be a party. The Scream Machine Rock N Roll Circus featuring the greatest tag team in GCW history. But PHOENIXXXX! Tonight, one of the best wrestlers in the fucking world, give you all just a little taste of what you’re going to see at Resurrection. The lean, mean, fighting machine. One of the nastiest bitches this business has to offer. The incomparable, the sensational, the baddest bitch on the block, Siouxsie Blade.

[Mara points to Siouxsie, who smiles widely.]

Mara: And Jody Rainer, you and your f**kboi haircut is not going to know what’s coming. Former X-Division champion I know. Siouxsie, in the past, pinned a World Champion when they were champion. Said champion is going into the Hall of Fame this year, Isabella Harker. Siouxsie came this close two years ago to beating her for that World title. I know, almosts don’t count unless you’re doing that hick shit and horseshoes and whatever. Point stands. Tonight Jody, your ass belongs to Siouxsie Blade!

[Siouxsie starts to laugh a little, before getting extremely serious.]

Siouxsie: Hi Jody, I don’t know what’s worse, because I was and still am a very angry young woman, though I have been able to find a lot of peace in the past year. See, I look at you and saw all this piss and vinegar, and honestly it’s not genuine, all you are doing is show, nothing more. I don’t know what is worse, a homeless poser, or a guy who thinks he’s a badass, for what you’re seeing here? Is a real badass. Mara talks her shit and backs it up, people get angry at us for being truthful, it hurts just like a kick in the balls, but when it comes to me? Some say I am unpredictable, others claim I’m one mean cunt, the rest would call me crazy. Am I crazy, Mara?

Mara: Fuck yes.

Siouxsie: EXACTLY! And that is why I am going to tear you apart you fucking piece of shit! See, Charles, my friend, my Good Guy Doll always whispers in my ear telling me really bad things to do and while I may listen to him most of the time, I kinda like to do my own thing, yet see Jody, this is a preview of Resurrection, where we are going…. Wait where I am going to show the GCW and the World exactly what we are made of. Look, I don’t like you, it takes a lot for me not to like someone, and you have made it to the top of the class, but let’s get one thing perfectly straight…. Tonight, I’m fucking you up.

[Mara starts to laugh as Siouxsie glares into the camera with her green eyes, smirking a little…]

Siouxsie: Jody, run motherfucker…. Run as fast as you can because we are not stopping for anyone or anything. We will ALWAYS Refuse, Resist and Reclaim! Now…. I’m hungry… where’s catering?

[As Siouxsie marches off with Charles looking for Catering, it leaves Mara standing there smiling, giving a wink and chasing after her partner.]

--

[The static goes away. We're greeted with a dim lit room, not much can be seen.]

"I tried to play nice."

[A figure is shown walking towards the middle of the room. Their shadow can be seen from the walls.]

"I tried to play by your rules and stick to your imaginary boundaries. But they're only designed to keep the quiet ones down while the loud ones persevere."

[The figure is seen with a stool in their hands. They place it on the ground, turn their heads about face and sit in it. The figure is the GCW X-Division Champion, M.A.E.V.E, donning a tight yellow Kowloon t-shirt and black overalls. Her eyes are solid, her eyebrows narrowed. Her face is tight. The title is in her hands.]

"In a company full of fake kings and queens, puny gods and goddesses, and legends that no one cares about... someone needs to rise to the top and truly be the best. We are here for you GCW. Bow down, or watch as we take everything from you."

Shut the f**k up.

[This ends the audio soundbites of Livvie Nelson as M.A.E.V.E speaks in a matter of fact tone.]

I don't give a shit about, Livvie.

I don't give a shit about your struggle.

It's all bullshit.

You never had rules to follow or imaginary boundaries. We play in the same world and I won a belt before you did. How do you explain that?

Don't look at the people. Don't blame them for something you couldn't do.

Don't make them your scapegoat.

Don't insult the people. Don't insult me.

[M.A.E.V.E. flashes the title to the camera.]

What will you do for this, Livvie?

You want to frustrate.

You want to piss people off.

You want to wrestle circles around everyone else with a smile on your face.

Kill all the cliche talk that you give to yourself in the mirror when you try to put together the right words to make you sound like a badass.

There are many who are actually struggling.

Who don't have anything to fall back on. Who don't have anyone to rely on. What are your struggles? Pissing a briefcase that you earned because of what? it was beneath you? Blaming the people because of what? You went three shows without a male fan wanting to f**k you?

That's not struggle, Livvie. That's entitlement.

Strike 1.

Believing in all the bullshit that you've listened to others say to justify why you aren't where you want to be.

Strike number 2.

Showing up to Resurrection against me thinking you're going to win because it's "your time now."

Strike number 3.

What will you do for this, Livvie? Because you look like food to me. I wrestle with meaning and convincing. My own meaning. My own convictions. They come from within. Winning this title has given me the conviction to fight and defend it against everyone. Which is why I said, every match I'm in, I'm going to put this on the line. I don't want to rest. I don't want to get complacent or grew too fat. Those are my convictions. What are yours? take a moment to step outside the bullshit that you've created for yourself and ask yourself Livvie, deep down, what are you willing to do to take this from me?

You're right about one thing, Livvie. You are a victim. I'm going to make you one. It'll be my pleasure.

[She flashes a smile to the camera and then it cuts.]

--

Kowloon [Savino & Akeem The Supreme] In Action

The opponents for Kowloon tonight? Curtis & Stacy SImmons, The Phoenix All Stars.

Sadly for them they couldn’t live up to their name. Akeem The Supreme started off the match against Curtis. Both men were of similar height and build. None of that mattered. Akeem caught Curtis early with a spinning backfist that dropped him to the ground. He waited for Curtis to stand up. Curt found his way back to the mat when Akeem dropped him with a running knee strike. Akeem shakes his head, bored. This fight is too easy. He picks up Curtis, hip tops him into his corner, Stacy rushes in. She tries her best, laying in the kicks, punches, trying her best to effect Akeem, the big man doesn’t budge. All Savino can do is sigh. She knows how this is going to go. And she was right... Akeem drops Stacy with a running knee to the face. He stands her up only to clean her clock with a Brazilian Kick.

The referee drops down to the mat to check on Stacy’s condition. He signals for the bell.

Winners: Kowloon (by TKO)

["Can't Call It" continues to play throughout the area as Akeem and Savino's arms are raised high in the air by the referee. The two men then come together and bump knuckles with one another as Dexter Russell enters the ring with a microphone. Akeem turns to the crowd and plays with them a bit before Dexter touches his elbow to get his attention. Savino is seen holding his tapped up elbow for a bit but seems fine for the most part. The music fades a bit and Akeem smiles widely to everyone.]

Dexter: Akeem, Savino, you two are clicking on all cylinders right-

[Akeem covers the microphone, stopping Dexter in his tracks. The interviewer looks a bit miffed as Akeem reassures him.]

Akeem: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold. Wait a minute. Real quick. Gotta give respect to the opps real quick. We just put those boys to sleep right now.

[Akeem laughs a bit as does the crowd. Savino just looks on.]

Akeem: Like for real they out. They showed up, good effort and all. But respectfully, they're not to wake up until tomorrow. So let's respect those boys as they catching Zzzz.

Dexter: Well it was another impressive showing from you and Savino. And like I was saying, you two, along with M.A.E.V.E., you're finding a nice groove right now in the ring.

Akeem: You right. It's all about momentum and going into Resurrection locked in. It took a little bit for us to get going but we're here now and we're making some noise. It's the work. Breaking down the footage, getting up early and putting to work what we see on tape. So what you're seeing is the result of that work. We put each other through Hell and now we're giving all these guys Hell.

[The crowd cheers a bit as Akeem motions for the crowd to get louder.]

Dexter: Savino, two weeks ago, you were in an incredible match with Chanel Hunter that ended with the both of you going through the electrical board and through some tables. Your elbow is wrapped up I see. What's the status?

[Savino looks at the crowd before looking at Dexter.]

Savino: Dexter, this right here? This a war wound. The doctors said it's going to nag a little bit. But there's never been an injury or bruise that's ever put me down.

[The crowd cheers.]

Savino: I said, there's been an injury or a bruise that's ever put me down!

[As Savino repeats himself the crowd cheers a bit louder as Akeem nods his head.]

Dexter: Very well. At Resurrection, you two are in the nine Tag Team tournament. Your opponents are Illuminaughty, former World Tag Team Champions. Never lost those titles. You beat them, you face the other two winners in a three way to become the next title contenders. What are your thoughts on Illuminaughty?

[Savino is the one that takes the lead and speaks.]

Savino: Dexter, they're a hell of a team. Championship winning team. They wrestle so smooth and so fluid in this ring. They're in sync with each other in this ring and that's why they're so good. They're quick, they hit hard and they keep coming. We know we have to keep them grounded, not let them fly around the ring and disrupt their timing. We know they hunger as hell to get back what they loss. We know they're going to have a lot of fight in them and in order for us to win, we got to beat the will out of them. But Akeem said it best, we here.

[The crowd cheers.]

Savino: I said, we here!

[The crowd roars a little.]

Savino; And when Resurrection comes, that bell rings, we're going to be ready. My word on that.

[The crowd cheers.

Dexter: How do you two likes your chances of winning the tournament?

Akeem: I love our chances! We got the best chances. Kowloon red hot right now. Baby girl brought to cook up that Barbie at Resurrection. As for us, you know, one match at a time. We can't look ahead. We handle Bella and Katrina, THEN, we handle that piece of business over there.

[Savino steps in.]

Savino: One match at a time. But if you're a bettin man and you're looking for a team to bet on...bet on Kowloon.

[The crowd cheers as Savino and Akeem touch knuckles again.]

Dexter: Thank you for your time.

Savino: Any time.

Dexter: Kowloon, everybody!

[The crowd cheers while "Can't Call It" plays over the PA system again. Savino shakes hands with Deter before raising a fist to the crowd. Akeem flips over the top rope and onto the floor as Savino slowly rolls to the outside, still holding his injured elbow. The two of them start heading to the back.]
--

In his most recent incarnation in Global Championship Wrestling there are several things that come to mind when talking about the former and if you ask him the rightful GCW World Heavyweight Champion, Kellen Jeffries. Thankfully, fans that already watch Shotgun on which Kellen resides on the roster are intelligent enough not to ask him, so there is nobody that actually believes Kellen is the rightful champion, except for Kellen himself. The thoughts that do come to mind that everyone does have concerning his latest return are split into two separate camps, the first being Kellen trying to play it straight, be a good person. That Kellen eventually earned the respect of everyone involved in GCW but is barely recognizable now, replaced by the Kellen who is loathed by nearly everyone he comes in contact with nowadays.

That Kellen really believes that he is better than everyone else, so narrow minded and conceited. This man really believes that he and his wife Amber are part of an upper crust, “the 1 percent”.

As he stands ready to go out to the ring though, and Dexter Russel has caught up to him to get his final thoughts before facing the crowd in Phoenix Suns Arena, all of that conceit and narrow mindedness that people have come to known as synonymous with Kellen, something very different.

Kellen seems guarded and calculating?

Dexter: “Kellen, tonight in just a few moments you are going to face in our Shotgun main event, D’Nae Moore. Now everyone knows D’Nae besides being a tremendous competitor herself, she is also the girlfriend of….”

Kellen abruptly interrupts Dexter.

Kellen: “Yes, yes, yes D’Nae is the girlfriend of “Big Jeffrey”, the man that is not only going to lose to me at Resurrection, but the man that will lose his very GCW career at the event as well. Now as you were saying Dexter tonight in a matter of moments, I am going to face D’Nae in the main event of the evening.

So, do you believe that I plan to use D’Nae to send a message to Jeff?

No, I have more respect than that for D’Nae, more respect than Jeff has ever hoped to have. I have so much respect for you D’Nae that tonight I am going to treat you like I would any other opponent, and I am going out to the ring and I am going to kick your ass like I would any other opponent, not to send Jeff a message, but rather just because I am in the mood for beating someone’s ass tonight.

As for sending one last message to Jeff before Resurrection, well lets just say Jeff you have a lot of friends that you have made through your years in GCW, friends that I can use to send a message through.

So many friends I have decided who I am going to use to get across the point that I want yet.

But don’t worry, “Big Jeffrey” when my message gets delivered before Resurrection and believe me it will, you’ll know it!”

--

Destiny Skye is backstage in her dressing room. She isn’t scheduled to compete tonight but she is still dressed and prepared for anything. She is wearing a pair of denim jeans, black boots, a black top, and a black leather jacket. Resurrection is just around the corner and she knows that she along with Kendra, Hannah, and Gabriella will face the daunting task of fighting Mason Van Stanton and his clients of The McBride Corporation and Clyde Sutter in a hell in a cell match. Destiny knows all too well how Mason operates and she wants to be prepared for anything. She is watching the proceedings of the show on a television monitor when there is a knock at her door. She rolls her eyes in annoyance.

Destiny: Who is it?!

“It’s me, mate.”

Skye grins from ear to ear. She recognizes the voice as that of her good friend, known to the wrestling world as “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. The two of them endured the tyrannical rule of Mason Van Stanton together. Julia is competing for the GCW World Championship at Resurrection X, otherwise she would have been right there by Destiny’s side to fight off Mason and his clients. Destiny jumps up out of her chair and rushes over to open the door. Julia Braddock walks in and greets her with a tight embrace. Julia is wearing a long sleeve gold dress with a hemline that stops just at the knees and matching gold colored high heel pumps.

Destiny: Wow, I didn’t expect you to be here. How the hell are you, Jules?

Julia: I’m doing wonderful, mate. Absolutely wonderful. And honestly, why wouldn’t I be here? I have represented Global Championship Wrestling since day one. I have been here at every show since day one. I mean it when I say that I am the workhorse of this company. Even when I’m not scheduled to be here I will definitely be here.

She points at Destiny.

Julia: What about you? You’re not scheduled to be here tonight, either.

Destiny: I know but you and I both know why I’m here.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Mason.

Destiny: He may be scum but he is also smart. I don’t want to leave anything to chance as we head into Resurrection, I do not want to leave Hannah, Kendra, or Gabby high and dry as we head into this cell match against Van Stanton and his cronies. This is our chance to end this and end him once and for all.

Julia: And you know how badly I wish I could be there with you.

Destiny: I know but you have the GCW World Championship to worry about. You focus on that. You earned the opportunity to go after that title, don’t let Mason distract you from winning. Me and Wrestling’s Most Wanted will handle Mason and get rid of his filthy presence for good.

Braddock sighs and shakes her head.

Julia: You know that’s not going to happen. People like Mason are never truly gone. They find ways to stick around like a bad penny.

Destiny: Only if we let him. See, you’re doing this the right way. You’ve turned your back on him. You have moved forward from him and are not allowing yourself to be distracted by him or his presence on Shotgun. You’re trusting me, Hannah, Kendra, and Gabby to take care of this so that you can become World Champion. You’ve already set your career back on the right path by winning the Civil War.

Braddock holds up her hand.

Julia: Hold on, mate, let me stop you right there. You’re right, moving on from Mason is what I needed to do; and I have begun to make things right, but this will only be a success if I complete the job and become GCW World Champion at Resurrection X. Ten years I’ve been with this company and I have only had the World Title once and never have I been in the main event of Resurrection. One year ago my career was almost brought to an end following a Resurrection event. This is a decade of waiting, and one year of fighting and clawing. Nothing will be made right unless I defeat Nadia Allen and become GCW World Champion.

Destiny: That’s your father talking.

Skye reaches over and places a hand on Julia’s shoulder.

Destiny: And let me tell you, mate; he is damn proud of you. He is looking down on you right now from heaven above and he is proud of everything you have achieved. And he will be in your corner at Resurrection.

Julia: Thanks, Des. I appreciate that.

The two friends embrace one more time.

--

Cameras go backstage to see Nicky and Jody standing by with microphones in hand, signalling the tag titles around their waist. Seeing tonight's match is all about Jody, who hadn't done much speaking since Nicky took the headlines of being the third-placed wrestler in the Civil War match some months ago. Jody strokes his skull head statue he carries around with him. Nicky stands behind Jody in case things get out of hand.

Jody Rainer: "Tonight, it's my fucking time to talk since Nicky here has picked me to be his tag partner for the tag titles; taking them away to Livewire will only be as sweet as pie. Moving on, we will address a stupid cunt named Siouxsie Blade. Let's go down to something we haven't spoken much about, our success since the Civil War match. Like our wins against The Rising Tide, I pinned Bash for the three count with our tag finisher. Who then bitched after we've beaten their ass about making us look good when in reality, we made them look better in that match than they did against us. So funny to hear Rising Bitches about them being an afterthought when they've done nothing since we've beaten them, demanding the tag titles. What the fuck is wrong with them? Don't get jealous that we were a better team that night."

Jody nodded, as so did Nicky, who just about remembered that time of them bitching after they lost against The Bad Bastards. Jody wipes sweat from his forehead and places some of the sweat onto the skull statue itself.

Jody Rainer: "Then we dominantly defeated The Bad News Baers again with the same move, but on a different opponent named Eric. It seems that we're getting much better as a tag team. There's nothing that can stop The Bad Bastards from winning anymore as a team, especially come to Resurrection; your asses will be dethroned by us because we're far more hated than Scream Machine are. They pretend to think they've defeated every single team on Shotgun, but it only shot you in the god damn foot when you forgot about Nicky having the option to go for the tag titles because we need to shut your trash asses up."

Of course, there was one more thing Jody had to address, his opponent tonight, as he clears his throat as he turns to Nicky, who nods directly at him on what he's said so far.

Jody Rainer: "Find it funny how much Mara Kade has been speaking for her team over the silent, the forgotten Siouxsie Blade who hasn't said shit about facing us or us going for her tag titles. It's pretty pathetic, to say the least, on a girl who calls herself blade when she's been a chicken shit, letting her bitch tag partner speak for her. Although saying that, despite them winning a match last week, it wasn't impressive; let's be honest against some random team GCW picked from a local company show and get them to have an easy win because, oh, there's nobody for them to face on the roster. How pathetic coming into the match and win against a weak team while we've been defeating real teams on Livewire."

There was a lot more to say, mainly it was Jody's job tonight to speak as much as he could about the match, and previous matches The Bad Bastards and Scream Machine have had.

Jody Rainer: "Oh, and we didn't tell that whore Tabithia because we wanted it to be a complete surprise, and even she didn't know until Nicky announced it that we were going for your belts because you have pissed off the entire tag team division. Anyway, moving on, we saw Mara Kade lose to Kendra Classic, which was funny, to say the least, that for all the good they do as a team, Mara couldn't beat Kendra and that only makes me a better solo's wrestler here. All you girls have been doing is talking so much shit about things that are upsetting you both. In contrast, we haven't given a fuck until today about who we've upset, including yourselves about the whole us being silent, but that's before Nicky, and I made a decision to go for your titles."

Jody knew he had to address Blade with the match tonight quickly; mainly, it wasn't much time left for Jody to address it, but it goes quicker.

Jody Rainer: "But yes, you girls haven't had many tag matches since we won the shot for them for some reason, nor have we seen Siouxsie in solo's action lately either. It only makes sense that while we're dominating to the top, you girls hadn't done much in terms of matches, especially when we won all of our matches so far as a team. Now, it's all on me to beat the holy shit out of Siouxsie, proving I'm just as good on my own as I am with Nicky as my tag partner. I will show the entire world what The Bad Bastards are all about, and I will be winning the match because I've never been more focused than I have on winning this match tonight. I'm coming for you, Siouxsie, and there will be nothing you can do about it. See you in the ring."

Jody drops the microphone as Nicky patted him on the back, and they walk to the ring together with Jody, jumping up and down for the match against Siouxsie as the cameras go to ringside for that very match to take place on the show tonight.

---

Jody Rainer Vs Siouxsie Blade

You take an angry Jody and a woman with a history of being unstable and you have a match made in heaven.

Sio and Jody held nothing back. Both looking to soften the other up for the tag team title match at Resurrection.

While Jody and Sio tried to beat each other up, Nicky and Mara stood on opposite sides of the ring. Nicky would blow the occasional kiss at Mara. The married woman would either laugh or roll her eyes, not being overwhelmed by Nicky’s charm.

The end of the match came when Nicky Stone casually walked over to Mara Kade’s side of the ring with the rose he had been carrying all night. He gets down on his knee to present the rose to Mara. Inside the ring it appears Siouxsie Blade is prepping for the Running Riot. Out of the corner of her eye she catches what Nicky Stone is trying to do. Mara laughs off Nicky’s attempt to hit on her. She kicks the rose out of his hand. Sio chuckles at this. She returns her attention to a Jody who has stood up, his back is turned. She charges, Jody ducks the Running Riot attempt. When Sio gets up, he catches Sio off guard with his modified facebuster. Jody hooks the leg, the former X-Division Champion scores the upset over one half of the tag team champions.

Winner: Jody Rainer.

Mara slides into the ring, Jody is quick to escape. Nicky joins him. As they back up the ramp, Nicky blows a kiss at Mara. She rolls her eyes. The referee hands Scream Machine their tag team championship. The scene ends with SM staring daggers at their number one contenders.

--

We open backstage where we find Julia Braddock; Julia is wearing a long sleeve gold dress with a hemline that stops just at the knees and matching gold colored high heel pumps. The Kensington Knockout is standing in front of a Resurrection X poster, one that features the images of herself and the reigning GCW World Champion Nadia Allen. She gazes up at the poster and smiles before turning back to face the camera.

Julia: I like the look of that...I mean, I knew from day one since I signed with Global Championship Wrestling, since the very first Resurrection event when I was sitting backstage watching the sixteen person one night tournament to crown the first ever GCW World Champion of the new era; I was there that night, signed to a contract, but I didn’t compete because my father who was serving as my trainer at the time, didn’t think I was ready. He would only allow me to join the tournament ranks if someone had to bow out.

She chuckles and shakes her head.

Julia: Unfortunately for me at the time no one bowed out so I couldn’t take their place. I knew back then I was capable of getting the job done. Hell, my sister, made her grand debut in a tournament that she wasn’t prepared for, that wasn’t planning to even be in, and she ended up winning the whole damn thing. I knew if she could do it then so could I. But unlike Glory, I had to wait. I had to wait ten years, I had to pay my dues for ten long years. For ten years I spent busting my ass for my father, for Camelot, for The Republic, and for Mason Van Stanton.

Braddock motions to the poster.

Julia: But I knew the day would come that I would be standing alone, serving no one but myself and the great fans of Global Championship Wrestling. And I knew that the day would come that it would be my likeness and my image on the Resurrection poster. Most importantly I knew that one day it would be me in the main event of Resurrection. I knew it because I already knew that I had the skills and the talent to get the job done. I know who I am and what I am capable of; I am capable of beating anyone in this company, and that includes the reigning GCW World Champion Nadia Allen.

She shakes her head.

Julia: I hate to say it, Nadia, but Resurrection just wasn’t meant to be for you. You will give me the fight of my life, I am certain of that, but as hard as you will try you will still come up short against The Kensington Knockout. I can say this because I have no other choice but to win. I have been chasing this my entire career, Nadia. I have been seeking this moment my entire professional life. I have long sought out the time when I would be fighting not for someone else’s glory but for my own, when I would prove that I am the best in the world without having to use any dirty tricks or cheap games, and when Resurrection would come to a close, the confetti would rain down upon me, and I would be raising my hands in victory as the new GCW World Champion to close out GCW’s biggest night of the year.

She points a finger at the camera.

Julia: And I have to go through you to get it done. I am on the precipice of achieving what I have fought for for over ten years. I will not let you stop me, Nadia. I will become the new GCW World Champion at Resurrection X and THAT is a Vow of Chastity.

--

We open in the dressing room for The McBride Corporation. We currently find it occupied only by Karen McBride and a masked female who is dressed all in black. Karen is sitting on a plush sofa drinking champagne but looks agitated. The door to the dressing room opens and Karen’s sister, Melanie McBride, enters the room. The masked female approached Melanie, kneels down, and kisses her hand.

Sigrun: May I get you anything, Mistress?

Melanie: Nothing, my faithful servant.

Melanie walks over and joins Karen on the sofa. Karen looks over at Melanie and rolls her eyes.

Karen: Where’s Mason?

Melanie: He is in a meeting with Silverstone. He doesn’t trust her to hold up her end of the bargain if and when we defeat Wrestling’s Most Wanted and Destiny Skye at Resurrection. He is trying to make sure it is in writing that Clyde Sutter will be signed to a wrestling contract with this company when we are victorious.

Karen sighs deeply and shakes her head.

Karen: I don’t like this, Mel.

Melanie: What’s wrong?

Karen: To be quite frank with you, there’s a lot I don’t like about this. Mason promised us everything and what have we received from him so far? We got one opportunity at the GCW Global Tag Team Championship and hell, we did our part in that match, we delivered, we competed, but he couldn’t deliver on his promise that we would become champions. And now we’re fighting his battles for him? What does it concern us that Clyde Sutter gets a contract to wrestle for GCW?

Melanie: Mr. Sutter is quite the heavy. He would be incredible backup for us.

Karen: He’s already backup in his status as a bodyguard. Come on, Mel, surely you can see through this as clearly as I can. Mason is using us to help his guy get a job.

Melanie nods her head.

Melanie: I am inclined to agree. This arrangement hasn’t exactly gone the way I had hoped it would when we kicked our sister Blair to the curb and hired him. But I have learned two things from my association with the Nero Organization; first is patience. So yes, let us be patience and see how this plays out through Resurrection. We may end up pleasantly surprised with how things turn out.

Karen: And what is the second thing you learned?

Melanie grins and then snaps her fingers. Sigrun then makes her way over and kneels down before Karen and Melanie.

Melanie: Evolution, Karen. Evolution.

--

[Backstage in a locker room, D'Nae Moore stands in front of a pair of lockers, one open showing her gear hanging, she isn't dressed for the main event yet. At her side is the one and only Jeffrey Alexander, D'Nae's man, love, bae, you name it. In her blue jeans and black halter top, D'Nae looks confident as Jeff smirks, proud to be standing by her.]

D'Nae: I been waiting a looooong time for what's gonna happen tonight. Y'all know the beef Jeff and me been having with Kellen, right? He got salty that Jeff caught his girl's eye, and had to act the ass all jealous and shit, when Jeff never wanted her ratchet ass anyway! Didn't matter to Kellen, he just wouldn't let that shit go. Got all up in Jeff's business, they had one hell of a match already that yeah... as Kellen loves to remind everyone, he won. It's all good, everybody gets lucky sometimes.

But that wasn't good enough for ole mister One Percent. Nah, he had to KEEP messing with Jeff, taking cheap shots every chance he got, and then? Oh let me tell y'all how he messed up...

He had to fuck with ME!

[We see Jeff shaking his head as D'Nae glares in anger.]

D'Nae: That's right, getting a win over Jeff wasn't good enough, naw, he had to get all up in MY business, stick himself into MY match, when I was THIS CLOSE to becoming Heritage Champion in that triple threat with Mariah Starr and Akeem. Both of them know it, Kellen knows it... everybody knows it! That win and title should have been mine!

But uh-uh. Here came Kellen dropping me, giving Mariah the chance to pin the man I put down!

I ain't standing for that shit.

But let me tell you what happened. Rather than bitching and whining and demanding shit because I was blatantly screwed... I went to Civil War and damn near won the whole thing! I finished second place, which got me to where I am right now. At Resurrection, I'm stepping up to Mariah Starr and taking what should have been mine months ago!

[D'Nae smiles with more confidence, and Jeff claps a few times.]

D'Nae: All of that is good, Ima do what I have to do on Night Three... but tonight? Me and you Kellen? It's all about justice. I won't say revenge because that shit is for the haters and salty bitches who only think they were messed over but really just can't accept defeat. You? You messed me over for real. You know it, you brag about it! Not too long ago I would have said justice is too good for you, and you deserve vengeance.... but your trifiling ass ain't worth the hate it would take to go as far as vengeance.

Nah, boo. Straight justice is fine with me. Ima go out there tonight, and Ima make you understand that you picked on the wrong! Bitch! The fact that I had to work twice as hard and fight twice as long as the trick who carries that title now is all your fault. You just loooove pointing out how you're at the top, the One Percent... ain't nobody better than you. Forcing me to wait, holding me back.... my dude you probably a racist motherfucker too. But that's all good. You go ahead and stunt your raggedy One Percent.

Me?

I'm representing the Ninety-nine Percent! I'm proud to have come up from NOTHING to be where I am today, no thanks to people like you who make it their life's mission to hold people like me down! You ain't gonna hold me down, Kellen. Not today! Not ever again!

And after Resurrection is over, and I'm standing over Mariah holding that Heritage Championship over MY head.... I will find you backstage... I will make damn sure that after Jeff beats your ass and makes you leave this company, that you stick around for the rest of the show, because I will find you, baybay... and I will wave that championship in your face and say....

You. Didn't. Stop. Me!

Nah take that One Percent and shove it up your ass, cause whether you like it or not.... Ninety-nine is more. And you already know...everybody wants MOORE.

[D'Nae crosses her arms and gives a cocky grin. Jeff wraps his arm around her waist and plants a kiss on her cheek as we cut away.]

--

Main Event:
Kellen Jeffries Vs D’Nae Moore

Jeffrey Alexander was sitting at the announce table for this one.

Amber Jeffries stood closer to ringside to support her man.

D’Nae opened the match like a house of fire. For a good five minutes she was dominating the match. Kellen couldn’t find a way to weather the emotional storm. Amber hopped on the apron, providing the distraction Kellen needed to drop D’Nae with a T Bone Suplex out of nowhere.

With Kellen in control, he physically roughed up D’Nae. Whenever he took a small break from what he was doing, he would look over at Jeff, taunting him. Letting him know how much he was enjoying beating up his girlfriend. All Jeff could do was glare at the man he would face in a Black Hollywood Street Fight.

Kellen’s taunting almost cost him. A small package resulted in a two count. Kellen dropped D’Nae with a devastating lariat.

Kellen would taunt Jeff once too many times. She was about to mount a comeback, hitting her signature moves in succession. Getting closer and closer to victory.

Towards the end of the match; the referee was accidentally knocked down by a Kellen Jeffries spear that was meant for D’Nae, she dodged the spear in the nick of time. Amber saw this as her chance to insert herself into the match. She grabbed a steel chair. Jeffrey left the announce table, stormed over to her. Grabbed the chair. Amber spun around, tried to kick Jeffrey between the legs, he managed to dodge the kick. In a swift motion, cracked the steel chair over Amber’s head. Kellen’s eyes boiled over seeing what Jeff did to his wife. He rolled out the ring, confronted Jeff. He reared back. Jeff could be picked up saying “Remember what Tabitha said...” a reference to the decree that if they physically touched each other the match would be called off and both of them would be without a job. For added motivation to take a swing, Jeff performed a crotch shop. Kellen wouldn’t have the chance to do anything. Without him noticing, D’Nae snuck up behind him with a steel chair of her own and blasted Kellen across the back. He dropped down to the mat. She went berserk, shot after shot after shot after shot after shot with the chair. She managed to get Kellen back in the ring. She waited for him to get up. Connected with Mooregasm.

The referee came too.

D’Nae hooked the leg.

Amber tried to slide in the ring. Jeff prevented her.

A three count later, D’Nae scored a huge win.

Winner: D’Nae Moore.

Jeffrey joined D’Nae in the ring. Amber entered but it was to check on Kellen. She sneered at Jeffrey and D’Nae. D’Nae laughed in her face. Jeff performed a crotch chop. As much as Amber wanted to attack them both she realized the odds weren’t in her favor. Jeffrey and D’Nae left the ring. They share a kiss as the scene fades.

--

Backstage we find GCW Hall of Fame Journalist (just ask her) Janice King. Standing next to her is “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. The Phoenix is dressed in a black knee length skirt, black high heeled sandals, and a red blouse. Her long red hair hangs unrestrained and straight to past the shoulders. A scowl is etched across her face.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen I am Janice King, the very first journalist to be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame and god damnit I still should be the only one!

King stomps her foot out of frustration.

Janice: But my guest at this time hopes to make some history of her own at Resurrection X when she faces her mother, the legendary Angelica Jones, in what is being billed as the final chapter. Marie, do you expect this to be the final chapter?

Marie: Final chapter? Janice, there never should have been a book on this. Let’s face fact, my mother is way past her prime. The way I crushed her at Civil War is evidence of that. Sure, she got some quick cheap shots on me early on but what happened as the match progressed? It became too much for her and she passed out. She was lucky to be in the ring with me, her daughter, and I love her, I care for her too much to want to see her get hurt. So I ended it mercifully. Had it been anyone else they could have seriously injured her. They could have permanently paralyzed her. How would she like being in a wheelchair for the rest of her life?! Back when she was in her prime, when she was at her best, then yes, she could hang with the very best of the best. Back then she was one of the deadliest athletes in this sport. But now the only person she is a threat to is herself. If she goes out to that ring and takes a needless risk and gets herself injured what then?

Jones shakes her head.

Marie: That doesn’t need to happen, Janice. That’s all I’m trying to say. She should retire for good. At the very least limit herself to one or two matches a year. But for the sake of her own well being she should quit being an active competitor. Her own sister, my aunt Kayla, she quit wrestling actively. She knew when to quit. Why can’t my mother? I’ll tell you why she can’t quit; she is afraid to pass the torch. She has been The Matriarch of the Jones Wrestling Family ever since her professional debut twenty years ago. And I get it, it is a tough thing to let go of, and who do you pass it onto? My twin sister Kimberly Williams?

“Come back here!” As if on cue, Kimberly Williams is seen chasing GCW Legend Basher, who has the GCW Lizard Championship title belt in his possession. Marie rolls her eyes but maintains her composure. This is better than Janice, who is eyeballing the situation very closely.

Marie: Or maybe she should pass the torch to my half-sister, “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz? Both are viable options. But mom refuses to make a decision, maybe because she’s afraid of showing favoritism and maybe because she just doesn’t want to let go. Either way, I have decided to make the decision for her. I tried to take the torch from her at Civil War but my Aunt Kayla discredited and questioned my victory, she says I need to defeat my mother when she is at one hundred percent.

Kimberly and Basher knock each other down in the background. Janice rushes over and covers Basher...1...2...3!

WINNER and NEW Lizard Champion: Janice King

Janice rushes over with her newly won Lizard Title in her possession. Marie looks very annoyed

Marie: Are you done?

Janice: Yes. So as you were saying?

Marie: I only have two more things to say. First, I have spoken to the doctors who cleared my mother and I spoke with GCW’s own medical staff, and they also cleared her. I am satisfied that my mother is definitely at one hundred percent. I am satisfied that at Resurrection X I won’t be facing a washed up has-been whose better days were behind her. I think I can safely say that I will be facing The Golden Goddess, The Dragon, the former thirteen time World Champion who was a groundbreaker and history maker for women in professional wrestling. I am confident also that at Resurrection I will defeat her, clean, in the center of the ring, and prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the torch is now mine to carry and mine alone.

She holds up two fingers.

Marie: And the second thing I want to say is….

Janice: ...is what?!

Marie: ...turn around.

Janice turns around and gets drilled with The Shadowblade knee strike from Kimberly Williams. Kim covers Janice...1...2...3!

WINNER and NEW Lizard Champion: Kimberly Williams

Kim takes possession of her Lizard Title and hugs it tightly to her chest.

Kim: Thanks, sis!

Marie: Anytime.

Marie and Kim walk off, leaving a prone Janice behind.

--

We cut to the ring where we see GCW journalist Samuel Price.

Samuel Price: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome at this time, the number one contender to the GCW World Championship, the 2021 Civil War Match Winner, “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock!

The lights dim as several spotlights shine down upon the entrance ramp. The opening chords of "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC begins to play over the PA system. The lights all come on. Pyro goes off. The tron flashes to life and the words "Her Royal Majesty" appears on the tron only to be set ablaze and burn away in a fire, almost as if Rome itself were burning. The words "The Queen is dead" appear in its place. Then Julia Braddock steps out onto the stage decked out in a long sleeve gold sparkly sequined long sleeve cocktail dress that stops just at the knee, and matching gold high heel pumps. Julia goes to one side of the stage and pumps her fists in the air to encourage them to cheer loudly which gets a positive reaction. She goes to the other side of the stage and does the same, also getting a positive reaction. Julia then turns towards the ramp and marches towards the ring. Julia hops up onto the ring apron and then jumps over the top rope and into the ring. Braddock goes to the center of the ring

Samuel Price: And her opponent at Resurrection, the reigning GCW World Champion, Nadia Allen!

The opening to "Hollow Bodies" hit the PA system as the crowd cheers. The lights soon start to flash a bit to the pace of the beat. As the song kicks into gear, Nadia Allen walks out to the ramp. She's dressed in a black and silver bomber jacket with “Nasty” on the back in bold red letters and black combat boots. The GCW World Heavyweight Championship rest on her shoulders. Nadia faces the crowd, looks at them for a bit and briefly raises her title up in the air, drawing cheers. From there she turns to the ring, viewing Julia and Price. Nadia doesn’t waste time, storming down to the ring. Quickly she gets to ringside and walks up the steel steps. She turns to the crowd and they cheer her as she looks out to them. She then enters the ring and locks eyes with Julia. Nadia then walks to the middle of the ring and holds up her title again to cheers. She looks at the crowd and nods before turning around and facing Julia again. Her music begins to fade, leaving the crowd to cheer for both ladies as they stare down at one another in the ring. Nadia turns to the announce table, where one of the staffers runs towards ringside and slides in a mic. She leans down and grabs it.

Price: Julia, Nadia, thank you for joining me here this evening.

Julia: No problem, mate.

Nadia nods as she stands a few feet away from Julia, glaring at her with a tightened expression.

Price: First of all I want to congratulate both of you for making it this far, to the main event of the biggest night in professional wrestling with the GCW World Heavyweight Title on the line. This must mean a great deal for both of you but for different reasons. I will start with you, Nadia, what does this night at Resurrection X mean to you, to get to be in the main event defending the GCW World Championship?

Nadia takes a moment to mull over her thoughts, slowly pacing around the ring. There’s a few call for her from the crowd as Nadia finally brings her mic to her lips.

Nadia: It means a lot. I’ve been here for a while. I’ve always kept my head down. I’ve been close to winning this belt. Everyone knows the story. But I said it when I won the title that this is a new beginning for me. And I think someone like me winning this belt just goes to show you don’t have to screw people over or talk everyone’s ear off. You don’t have to come from some famous wrestling family. As long as you work for it, you get up after getting knocked down, you have a chance and I’ve always believed every match I’ve been in, I have a chance. So main eventing Resurrection, if there’s anything I would want you all to take away from it, is that someone like me, who had nothing to their name, shit family, no friends backstage, you can get here too.

Price turns to Braddock who nods her head.

Julia: I agree with a lot of what you said, Nadia. After all, this business shouldn’t be about who has the biggest name recognition or who is most popular. This should be about who is the best and that is all I wanted for our match at Resurrection, a one on one contest between the current best in the company, that’s you, and the woman who thinks she can be the best, who thinks she IS the best, and that’s me. I imagine part of what you said was directed at me, and that’s ok, but understand that I didn’t ask to carry the Braddock legacy on my shoulders. In fact, for a good part of my career I ran from it. My career took many twists and turns, it was a hellacious roller coaster ride of ups and downs, until at last year’s Resurrection I got a good swift kick in my ass that made me realize what I’ve been doing wrong. Now after ten years of fighting, struggling, and clawing I have made a name for myself. I am no longer known for just being another member of the Braddock family, I am known for being myself. But everything I have worked for these past ten years will mean nothing unless I can finish the job at Resurrection X. That’s why this night is important to me, because I have been working for ten years to achieve this moment. I have worked ten years to get here. Hard work, patience, and dedication got me here. But now I must finish the job.

Samuel brings the microphone back to his lips.

Price: My next question is for you, Julia; you won the Civil War Match and earned the right to challenge either the Global Champion or World Champion but you chose Nadia and the World Title. You’ve explained it before but please explain again and then I’d like to hear the champion respond.

Julia: Fair enough. Nadia, the title you hold has a direct lineage back to the original Global Championship Wrestling, version 1.0; call me nostalgic, maybe I get it from my dad, but the rich heritage of that particular championship is important to me. Men like Jason Redfield, Steve Powers, and our own Talent Relations Director Connor O’Connor, known then as Cuchulain, held that championship. But the rich heritage of that title isn’t the only reason I chose that title. Your story is an important one, as is mine. We both took vastly different paths to get here to the main event but we both had our struggles we both had our challenges and yet we overcame those challenges and here we are, we are THE main event. Like you said, that sends a strong message to the people out there that anyone can make it and that is what wrestling is all about. When you are in this ring and that bell rings no popularity, no wealth, none of that crap can save you. Only the best will come out victorious. That’s what our main event at Resurrection represents and that’s what I wanted, that’s why I chose you.

Price turns to face Nadia. Nadia peers out at the crowd for a moment as the crowd reacts. She runs a hand through her hair as she twists her head and stands directly in the direction of Julia.

Nadia: I’ve heard that a lot. You talking about the history of this belt and the history of GCW. I know when I won this that this changed how I’ll be remembered. No matter what, all those names that have won this, now I’m there.

The crowd cheers a bit as Nadia pauses.

Nadia: You did an interview for GCW a couple of weeks ago. I did one, too. At the time of my interview, I hadn’t listened to yours. You said something in yours that stuck out to me. You had said that not only did you need this belt, but I can afford a loss.I can pick up the pieces. Your exact words. And honestly, that pissed me off.

The crowd reacts as Nadia narrows her eyebrows.

Nadia: Who are you to tell me what I can and can’t afford? And what do you think this is? Winning the World title or any title, they don’t fall on trees. They’re not just handed to you. I spent years before I won the North American title getting really close and losing in the end. Resurrection, right? Everyone loves Resurrection. I had my chance at Chambers. Biggest match of my life. Lost. Ultimate X. All these briefcases. All these chances to earn a title. Came away empty handed. I walked into Resurrection as North American champion. Lost. All those matches sucked for me. But who’s going to cry for me? No one. I had to pick myself up and I did that because I knew the only way I would get another chance is if I worked for it. I couldn’t afford to loss. This is not everyone gets a turn, Julia. Maybe it’s easy for you to say because of who you are and what your last name is. And I’m not saying you’re in this match because of that. But it helped. And as much as you say you understand where I came from, you don’t. You’re not me. Whether you admit it or not, when you said that I can afford a loss, your spoke from your privilege.

The crowd oohs.

Nadia: There is no affording to lose. It took me a long time, a lot of failures to get here. Throughout the years there were people getting shot that I knew that I was better than. They were screwing people over, talking to any camera, walking around like God’s gift. And I think because I don’t talk much, there have been times where people overlooked me. But I didn’t bitch. At Resurrection, I’m going to rip your head off, Julia. Because I’m going to fight for what I’ve earned. And right now, I am the best on Shotgun. This is not a charity. If I lose, who knows how long it’ll take to get another chance. But that’s why I’m not losing!

Samuel Price turns back to Julia.

Price: Julia, any final thoughts before heading into Resurrection X?

Julia: I have a few, yes. Nadia, you think I’m privileged? I’m privileged only in that I get to be part of the greatest combat sport there is. Do you know how many times I’ve main evented Resurrection? This will be my first. Do you know how many World Championship opportunities I have had in my career? This will be my second. Last year when I was at the lowest point of my career, I had lost everything, and I really mean everything. I was screwed over by my agent, he took everything from me, including my home. I was barely making things work and yeah, I could used my last name for assistance but I refused help from my sister or anyone else. Because I wanted to do this on my own, I wanted to complete this journey on my own. So don’t go trying to label me as privileged. You say I don’t know you? You don’t know me either. But what you need to know is that I am one of the greatest pure wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots. I don’t have the accolades that some of the greats have but that’s because I haven’t the same opportunities. This past year was about me making my own opportunity. I have had my eyes set upon Resurrection X ever since Resurrection IX concluded. I have been busting my ass, training, and preparing for the Civil War Match and I won. That’s how I got to this point. Not because of my name but because I outlasted every single person in the Civil War Match. Privilege doesn’t help you win a match like Civil War. Only grit, determination, and passion will get you that kind of victory, and that’s what I have been made of since day one of my professional wrestling career. I have been made of grit, determination, and passion for this business. Few can match my will to win. And why do I say that I have to win at Resurrection? Because I believe it. Everything I have overcome for the past ten years to get to this point, especially everything I have fought for over the past year to build myself back up from the brink of destruction, will all be for nothing if I don’t win the GCW World Championship at Resurrection. This isn’t a game where there is a prize for second place. One of us will be the winner and the GCW World Champion and that person will be remembered forever in the history of this great event, the tenth anniversary of GCW. The other will be a footnote, remembered only as the loser of the main event. And I will do everything in my power to make sure that I am the winner, that I will walk away as champion...with all due respect.

The crowd roars for Julia as Price turns to Nadia. There’s a noticeable “Julia” call from the crowd as Nadia looks squarely at Julia.

Price: Final thoughts?

Nadia gathers her thoughts as she doesn’t lose eye contact with Julia.

Nadia: There’s much to say. I think that you think you’ve already beaten me. Your Twitter tells me that. But it doesn’t matter how many likes you get from those or even what I’m saying. When Resurrection comes, you’re in that ring with me. And it’s going to be hell for you. The history of this belt….like I said, this is the biggest title out there. Lot of great names. Lot of history like you said. That’s not lost on me. But I’m interested in making new history and as an outsider, I’m going to be the one that is going to take this belt and make it something new.

The crowd cheers a bit before Nadia turns to the crowd.

Nadia: And for all of you. I know at Resurrection, a lot of you will cheer for Julia. A lot of you will cheer for me. Regardless, just know, this match, this is between the best. No bullshit, no hiding behind people, no screwing people over. This match, you will see a clear winner. And I’m telling you, through thick and thin, it will be me.

The crowd cheers as Nadia turns and stares right at her. Both women lock eyes with one another, neither flinching.