Get ready for GCW Fever!

admin
Site Admin

Get ready for GCW Fever!

Post by admin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:47 pm

When I brought GCW back in 2012 things were a small operation with just one show, Shotgun. It wasn't long before we grew and we became more in demand. Since the fans demanded more GCW action, I gave it to them by adding a second show; Livewire and for the longest time our fans have been treated with action from these two brands, Shotgun and Livewire. I have always prided myself on trying to listen to what the fans want. I admit that I have not always been perfect in that goal. But when the fans clearly demanded more action, I gave it to them. Now I am hearing more demand; from the fans I hear a demand for more GCW action. From our own roster I am hearing a demand for more opportunities to compete. And even from outside our own official roster I am hearing from various wrestling academies and schools, from independent circuits, all wanting the chance to test themselves some of our own GCW athletes. What the people want can be summed up one simple word: Opportunity.

Those of you calling for these opportunities to compete...I have heard you.

I am happy to announce that Global Championship Wrestling will be granting the wrestlers, both inside and outside our roster, that opportunity. I am happy to announce to the fans that they will get more great GCW action. Shortly after the Last Respects 2021 event, we will begin airing a new show called Fever. Some of you great wrestling historians out there may recall the name. It was the name of GDW's main show and since the history of both GDW and GCW are so permanently tied together, I thought it was an appropriate gesture to use this name to honor our past as well while at the same time looking forward into the future of GCW.

Now I am certain many of you have questions about this show. Well one question is that this is a cross-promotional show. Fever is not going to be a separate brand. Both Shotgun and Livewire wrestlers can and will compete and make appearances on this show. That being said, will there be a General Manager? That is still being discussed by myself, Tabitha Silverstone, and GCW President Francis Taylor. I would personally hate to make Ms. Silverstone have to run three wrestling shows. We are actively looking at candidates for General Manager of Fever. Still, since this is cross-promotional and Silverstone is over both Livewire and Shotgun, she will have veto power over the new GM's decisions regardless of who we hire as General Manager. We are also looking at candidates for the color commentary team on Fever. You may feel free to ask me any questions about this new endeavor and while I admit that there are still some questions still to be answered, what I can say is that this new show, Fever, will be entirely about opportunity for our wrestlers and a chance for our fans to enjoy a great night of wrestling.

I cannot take full credit for this idea. This has been an idea both Silverstone and our great Talent Relations Director Connor O'Connor, aka: Cuchulain, have pitched in the past. It was Connor who, in his role as Talent Relations Director, has had his finger on the pulse of our roster for a long time. He knew what was needed and he knew that the time was right. I look forward to what I am certain will be a great new era for GCW moving forward.

-- Glory Braddock, Owner of Global Championship Wrestling --