admin
Site Admin

The Julia Foundation: 10

Post by admin » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:00 pm

==========
Roslin, Scotland
Off Camera
==========

The Julia Foundation has gotten off to a successful start. Still, being the head of anything, company or charity, is an unusual feeling for “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. She has not yet gotten used to this role. Most of the heavy lifting in the start of this charity has been done by her business partner Henry Van Stanton. Now that it has gotten up off the ground she has taken on more of a visible role and to be honest, she has begun to enjoy it. She can see how her sister would get wrapped up in being a corporate leader. Though this charity is as far as it goes for Julia. There is no future in business for her. She is a wrestler first and foremost. This charity is her way of helping others who suffered from the same problems she once suffered from; primarily among them, drug abuse. The Julia Foundation is to help drug addicts and the homeless overcome their problems, get rehabilitated, and provide free education to those who need it to learn new skills and trades. She is currently sitting at her desk in her office. There is a knocking at the door.

“Come in…” she waits as the door opens. A middle aged woman with brown hair enters. She shuts the door behind her. Chastity Noel stands up from behind her desk and approaches the woman. The woman kneels down and kisses Chastity’s outstretched.

“My Queen…” Chastity watches as the woman bows her head in reverence. She then motions for her to rise.

“You may rise, Ms. Bowar.”

Ms. Anna Bowar rises back to her feet. Chastity turns and walks back to her desk and sits down. Ms. Bowar sits down across from her. “You really don’t have to kneel before me every time you come in, Ms. Bowar. I appreciate the respect you want to show me but please, we don’t have to be that formal with one another. And please, Chastity or Ms. Noel is good enough.”

“Forgive me…Ms. Noel, but doesn’t your own adoptive Mother, Aphrodite Noel, also call herself a queen?”

“That’s different. Anyway, we’re not here to discuss my personal life. I just want to know how things are going in your department?”

Anna Bowar is not the head of the education department at The Julia Foundation, but she is a very special cog in its machinery. Very special to Chastity Noel. She was hired by Chastity specifically to work with her daughter Serena. It was Serena’s masterful work that not only helped break Serena of her rebellious ways, less likely to run away from or disobey Chastity. With Serena’s drug habits broken and her disobedience gone, Chastity decided to hire her full time at The Julia Foundation.

“Things are going well. I will begin working with two new students soon.”

“Good.” Chastity says, nodding her head. “But, uh, what about my daughter?”

“Serena? Oh, well, let me tell you, Ms. Noel, she was quite a tough case but I believe I managed to do it. She will no longer do drugs, I can assure you of that, and she will no longer run away.”

“Thank God…” Chastity lets out a sigh of relief “...I only want what’s best for her. I only want to give her a chance at a good life. I am glad she finally realizes this.”

“If I may say one thing, Ms. Noel…”

“Of course.”

“Well I have observed some things, not necessarily during school but more so during the breaks. When I notice young Serena alone I notice that sometimes her bad habits rear their ugly heads. Not the drugs, mind you. But her rebelliousness, her wild and out of control nature, start to peak out.”

“They haven’t caused any problems for her or the rest of the children, have they?”

“No…” she sighs “...at least not yet. I have stepped in a few times and whenever I do step in she immediately starts acting appropriately. To be perfectly honest with you, Ms. Noel, I think you should be tougher on the child.”

“You don’t think I’m tough enough on Serena?” Chastity asks. Bowar shakes her head.

“No; you see, Chastity, I know about you. Name change or not, deep down inside you still have a little bit of the old Julia Braddock there. That Julia Braddock was just as rebellious and just as wild as young Serena still is. She sees you, she sees herself. But this can take two completely different paths. She could continue down this one path, and end up just like you.”

“What is that supposed to mean?!” Chastity demands.

“Don’t take it the wrong way but you have to admit that you have had a rough journey full of potholes and stumbling blocks to get to where you are today. You are happy. You are fulfilled. But how long did it take to get here? With more discipline you could have avoided the trouble. All I am suggesting is that you discipline Serena more. Beat down that rebellious nature of hers. Make sure she remains submissive to authority.” She points a finger at Chastity. “Namely, you.”

“Being a little rebellious is fine. I mean, I don’t want my daughter to be a walking mat all of her life.”

Ms. Bowar nods her head. “She will eventually learn to be a dominating figure just like you. She will learn to throw her own weight around. But first she needs to learn discipline. That must come from you.” Ms. Bowar stands up and approaches Chastity. She takes her hand and kisses it again. “I hope you know what you must do…your majesty…”

==========
London, England
Off Camera
==========

Night has fallen and “The Kensington Knockout”, the reigning GCW Global Heavyweight Champion Julia Braddock, is getting ready to turn in for the evening. Her day was busy at the headquarters of her new charitable group, The Julia Foundation in Roslin, Scotland. The blonde has an even busier schedule tomorrow as she hopes to hit the gym and train, exercise, and stay in her top condition. She knows that her upcoming title defense at Survival of the Fittest will be an incredibly difficult challenge; five other opponents in a scramble match. So she wants to get plenty of rest before her extensive and intensive training regimen that begins tomorrow.

Part of her nighttime ritual before she goes to bed is a visit to a very special place in this home. The home she stays at is the familial home of her father, Glenn Braddock. The patriarch of the Braddock family grew up here, he raised his daughters Julia and Glory here, and now Julia lives here as well with her adopted daughter, Serena Grace Noel. But there is one another Braddock in this household right now…or at least their remains are in this household.

The blonde makes her way down a hall and then turns to the right. She enters a door that is rather plain, mostly empty, and unkept. This was her father, Glenn Braddock’s room. It was always unkept and plain like this; he would have wanted it this way. But she isn’t here to take account of the room. She goes over to the nightstand where an urn rests. She sits down on the bed, picks up the urn and clutches it tightly to her chest.

“Hi Uncle Pete…” the urn contains the remains of Peter Braddock, Julia and Glory’s uncle. Julia was much closer to her uncle growing up than she ever was with her own father Glenn. This was mostly Glenn’s own fault. Glenn was too focused on his own wrestling career and then when he suffered the career ending injury that forced him into retirement, he focused all of his attention on Glory, who was more than willing to follow in her father’s footsteps. At the time Julia was not that interested in following in his footsteps and being a wrestler. And their uncle Peter Braddock was willing to let her to do whatever she wanted. He was more of a free spirited individual. Yet today she was told by Ms. Bowar that she needs to do the exact opposite when it comes to her own daughter. Ms. Bowar advised that she become a tough, authoritarian parent to keep Serena in line. She isn’t sure what to do. As a parent she always wanted to be like her Uncle Pete. But is that doing more harm than good to Serena?

“You were a great parent, Uncle Pete.” She chuckles. “I may not have been your daughter but you were almost like a dad to me. I miss you a lot. I always wanted to be the kind of parent you were when I had my own children but…” she sighs and shakes her head “...I just don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. Would I be hurting Serena? And that’s not all…” She shakes her head.

“I know I complain to you about this every night. You heard it all the time when you were alive. The problem still persists. I cannot get my father, or my sister, out of my mind.” She shakes her head. “I know, I shouldn’t let it bother me. It isn’t Glory’s fault, that’s for sure. Glory is doing her best, she is bending over backward to make things right between us. To be honest, things are pretty good between us. But other people still talk.”

She growls. “People like Adrian Waters. He’s just trying to get under my skin. He’s just playing mind games. I doubt he believes a word that comes out of his mouth. But I’d be lying if I said that those words don’t hurt. It is hard, it is very hard, to escape the shadow of my sister. I mean, look at what she has accomplished. She is a fifteen time World Champion. She is also the owner of the company I wrestle for; it is very easy to cry nepotism and ignore all of the hard work I have put in to reach the height of my career, to become Global Heavyweight Champion.”

She chuckles lightly. “Seriously, if she were in any way helping me in GCW, why the hell am I currently set to defend the title against five other competitors in a scramble match? It should be plain to anyone and everyone that Glory isn’t helping me. It should be abundantly clear that I became Global Champion based on my own hard work, my own merits, and no one else’s. But still Glory’s name gets brought up. Maybe it’s inevitable? Maybe there’s nothing I can do? Maybe I should learn to live with it?” Julia sets the urn down on the nightstand. She gets up and approaches a mirror in the far corner of the room. She stares at it for a moment. Then a gleam comes into her eye.

“Being in this family brought so much pressure upon me that it led me to drugs, Uncle Pete. The pressure to live up to their standards was too much for me and I turned to drugs. But then someone threw me a lifeline. Aphrodite Noel saved my life, taught me humility, taught me respect, and improved my wrestling skills. All she wanted in return was my devotion, my loyalty, and for me to become her daughter. She saved me from drugs, Uncle Pete. She saved my wrestling career; so what else could I do? I worshipped her. I became Chastity Noel.” A smile forms upon her face. “You wouldn’t have minded, Uncle Pete. You would have told me to chase my dream.”

She shakes her head. “Glory was resistant. Early on she didn’t approve of the choices I made. That was easy for her to say. Dad treated her better than me. I did give in a little bit. I still go by Julia Braddock for the fans, for the masses, but in my private life as an individual, I am Chastity Noel. And maybe that’s the answer to everything, to the doubters and the critics, and even to jackasses like Adrian Waters? Maybe I should approach this whole fight and struggle, this championship defense, maybe I should approach it as Chastity Noel? Maybe I should approach BEING the Global Champion as Chastity Noel? She represents the far more aggressive side of my personality and I will need to be that aggressive if I am to remain champion. But can I put the genie back in the bottle once its out? Will I be able to hold Chastity back?” she sighs deeply. “I know you would just tell me to chase my dream. But…”

Just then she is interrupted by a knocking at the door. She turns and sees her daughter, Serena, standing there just in the doorway. “Mother, are you ok?”

“Huh?” This snaps her back to reality. She smiles at Serena and nods her head. “Oh, yes, I’m fine. I was just…um…thinking.”

“Thinking out loud?” Serena asks.

“Yes. You heard me talking?”

“A little. Mother, you are a tremendous wrestler, one of the best ever. Do not doubt yourself. Ignore those who dare question your ability and your reign as champion. Make them worship you.”

Julia…no, CHASTITY thinks on this for a moment. She grins knowingly. Serena is right. She must make them worship her. She must amp up the aggression. She displays her hand. “Come here, Serena.”

Serena approaches. “Kneel.”

“Yes, your majesty.” Serena kneels and kisses her mother’s hand. Chastity nods and motions for her to rise.

“You may rise, Serena. Now go to bed.”

“Yes, Mother.” Chastity watches as her daughter rises back up to her feet. She turns and exits the room, shutting the door behind her. The blonde turns back to the mirror and smirks knowingly.

“Winning the championship was easy enough. Keeping it will be far more difficult. I do need to increase my aggression. Anyone who tries to take the title from me will fail, that includes Waters and the four others at Survival of the Fittest.”

Chastity walks back to the bedside. She stares down at the urn. “Ms. Bowar is right. I need to take charge. I need to be more aggressive, not just in disciplining my daughter but in making sure everyone knows their place. In wrestling, on Livewire, I am the top of the food chain, I am the best, and people like Adrian Waters and those other four challengers will learn their place. Even my sister needs to learn her place. She pretends but is only playing a role. Lindsay Noel will learn her place and embrace it even if it kills me. She…along with everyone else…will worship me.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”