Fever 2.02

admin
Site Admin

Fever 2.02

Post by admin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Fever - February 5, 2022 (Osaka Municipal Central Gymnasium in Osaka City, Osaka, Japan)

As Fever comes on the air we cut to the ring where we spot Robert E. Lee with microphone in hand.

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome former GDW World Champion, former GCW World Champion, GCW Hall of Famer, and GCW Original, KAYLA JONES-SNOW!!!!

The lights turn a violent shade of red for the next contest, as strobe lighting goes off. The intro to Within Temptation’s “The Howling” kicks in as the big screen lights up with the name ‘Kayla Marie S. Jones’.

We've been seeing what you wanted,
Got us cornered right now
Falling asleep from our vanity
May cost us our lives

I hear them getting closer
Their howls are sending chills down my spine
And time is running out now,
They're coming down the hills from behind

When we start killing
It's all coming down right now
From the nightmare we've created
I want to be awakened somehow
(Wanna be awakened right now)

Out from behind the curtain steps Kayla Jones, a broad smile upon her face as she stretches out a fist in the air. She slowly begins to make her way down to the ring; arms outstretched as she high fives some of the fans at the barriers.

When we start killing
It all will be falling down
From the hell that we're in
All we are is fading away
When we start killing

We've been searching all night long
But there's no trace to be found
It's like they all have just vanished
But I know they're around

I feel them getting closer
And time is running out now

When we start killing
It's all coming down right now
From the nightmare we've created
I want to be awakened somehow
(Wanna be awakened right now)

Kayla reaches ringside, making a lap around the ring as she meets and greets some of her fans along the way. She hops up onto the apron, rising her fist in the air once more before flipping over the ropes. She spins on the spot, before dropping to her knees, arms stretched into the air as a blast of pyro emits from each of the four turnbuckles.

When we start killing
It all will be falling down
From the hell that we're in
All we are is fading away
When we start killing
When we start killing!

I feel them getting closer
And time is running out now,

Kayla: Osaka, Japan! How are you?!

(The crowd roars loudly. Kayla nods her head.)

Kayla: Thanks, that means a lot. I mean, it has been quite a long time since I stood in this ring. The last time I was in this ring was nearly two years ago. In fact, I had almost begun to think you guys had forgotten about me. But obviously you haven’t forgotten about the deadliest superkick in Global Championship Wrestling! And obviously you fans still NEED MORE KAYLA!

(The fans in Japan again come to life with loud cheering.)

Kayla: I suppose tonight was inevitable. Think about it, can you ever really get a Jones woman away from the wrestling business? My older sister is the General Manager of Fever. She may have had her final match ever at Resurrection last year but that didn’t keep her from having a role in this sport and specifically with this company. But as much as I love my sister and as much as she given and dedicated to Global Championship Wrestling, I have to say that this company means just a little more to me than her. Hell, I’d say that this company means more to me than anyone currently on this roster. And please don’t misunderstand that statement, I’m not coming from a place of arrogance, I come from a place of fact. See, I got my start as a professional wrestler with GCW in the early 2002s until it merged with IDW to turn into Global Division of Wrestling. Angelica didn’t get started then…she started wrestling much later. But I did start wrestling then. In that time I only took three breaks. One break was when I suffered a broken neck in the middle of a match. But guess what? I finished the damn match! That’s the kind of toughness I have, the kind of passion I have!

(More cheers are heard. Kayla lets them die down before she continues.)

Kayla: The second break I had to take was when I was pregnant. You can’t exactly wrestle when you’re growing a human inside you. So yeah, I had to take a long break there. But I returned strong as ever and more determined than ever. I arguably had the biggest success of my career when I returned from the pregnancy. I won tag team championships with multiple partners, but most notably my sister Angelica. We won GCW tag team gold and SCW tag team gold. I even won the GCW World Championship, which was my biggest career accomplishment and meant the most to me because I was a GCW Original, and I finally had won that championship for the first time. I even main evented Resurrection 3 against Andreas Lasiewicz. And much later on, I would become GCW Heritage Champion. Speaking of which, keep up the good work D’Nae, you’re representing the Heritage Title very well.

(She winks.)

Kayla: And my third break came shortly after I lost that GCW Heritage Championship. I’m not really sure why I stopped. It wasn’t because of injury. Quite honestly, I was still in the best health of my life. The fact is, I just wanted to work on other projects, I wanted to take some time off and focus on more important things, especially my family. I did not want to be one of those people who dedicated their entire lives to wrestling at the expense of their family. So I wanted to take a break for them as well. But then certain things happened in my life, things that will remain private, undisclosed. Those things got me to thinking…and then I also started thinking about my sister, about Angelica, and how she had her fantastic match at Resurrection last year. Did she win? No, she didn’t, but at least she had one hell of a match and she could at least say she went out the way she wanted to…on her own terms, like a fighter. That, combined with some other circumstances in my life, it all made me realize that I cannot go out quietly. I still have so much more to do and so much more to give to professional wrestling. And like my sister, I am going to go out with a bang.

(The crowd roars with anticipation of what this might mean.)

Kayla: So the Kayla Jones Finale Tour begins right here and right now because I am officially announcing that I will enter the 2022 Civil War Match!

(The crowd pops loudly.)

Kayla: What does that mean for the future? Who the hell knows? I still have a lot to think about. But for right now I’m looking at the Civil War Match and I have sixty plus people to fight. And for each one of them I have the same word of warning…I am going to kick your teeth right down your throat!

=====================================================================

Jeffrey Alexander vs. Kevin Richards
[Jeff starts out with the early advantage snapping off a flurry of kicks and punches and then a snap suplex. Jeff with a bulldog takedown and then a springboard asai moonsault. Jeff with a belly to belly overhead suplex. Jeff goes for a second and connects. He goes for a third but Kevin Richards gets a low blow in that goes undetected by the referee. Richards with a lariat, a big boot, and then a side slam. Richards with a spine buster and a cover but Jeff kicks out. Richards goes for a power bomb but Jeff back drops out of it. Jeff with a snap ddt and then a dragon suplex. Kevin rolls to the outside. Jeff with a spinning corkscrew plancha taking out Richards! Jeff rolls him back into the ring and Jeff again ascends to the top rope. Jeff with Turn Out The Lights! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Jeffrey Alexander

Backstage in a darkened part of the arena we find “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter. The monster is dressed nicely in an all black suit. A sinister grin is etched across his face as he contemplates what he will do tonight.

Clyde: Tick, tock, Mr. Taylor…tick, tock…

Sutter chuckles nastily.

Clyde: Do you recall what happened to you the last time we met? It is entirely possible, if not probably, that you have forgotten. After all, you did end up spending quite a bit of time in the hospital after the pain I inflicted upon you after you complete and utter failure of an attempt to defeat Danielle Page. Normally I would say that what happened then and there was simply business. Normally I would advise you not to take it personally, Mr. Taylor.

He shakes his head.

Clyde: But when it comes to you and I, Mr. Taylor, things are most definitely personal. You and I have a history, Mr. Taylor; namely, you are connected to some personal demons that I need to desperately exorcize. My assault upon your person should have been the end of it. Unfortunately you are truly as stupid as you are rumored to be. Did you stay down? No, you got back up. You got back up and demanded a match against me here tonight on Fever. If you truly do have a death wish, Mr. Taylor, then it will be my distinct honor and privilege to grant your wish. Tonight is not any ordinary match. Tonight it is a Street Fight and that means I can do anything I want without fear of repercussion.

Sutter lowers his sunglasses.

Clyde: I will exorcize my demons tonight when I pummell you and beat you into submission. I will exorcize my demons when I beat you until you can’t stand up. And in the process I will send a message to any and every pathetic piece of human garbage who thinks that they can stand in my way of achieving my real goal of winning the 2022 Civil War Match. So what I want everyone to do is simply watch…I want you all to watch what I do to Matthew Taylor. Because what I do to him tonight is the same thing each and every one of you in the Civil War Match can expect when you meet up with The Assassin. I am going to win the Civil War Match and I will destroy anyone who stands in my way.

Sutter turns and walks off.

Gabby Austin vs. Arcadia Chavez
[Gabby starts off with a spinning heel kick, a dropkick, and a flying forearm. Gabby goes for an Irish whip but Arcadia comes back with a head scissors takedown and then a superkick. Chavez with a roundhouse kick. Chavez goes for a suplex but Austin floats over and strikes a dropkick and then a 619. Gabby with a springboard ddt. Gabby with Pure Realization. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Gabby Austin

Pre-recorded…

“Sun Tzu says, ‘Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.’”

We fade in to show the familiar lovely features of Sophie O’Brian. The dangerous Irish woman stands there with a stoic gaze etched across her face.

Sophie: What I see when I gaze out at the competition facing me in the upcoming Civil War Match are many GCW wrestlers, many warriors, who are declaring themselves for this war without the first clue of what they will do in order to win. They say that they will enter, that they will fight, and arrogantly boast of how they will win. Yet none of them have a sound strategy. None of them have any kind of tactics in mind for the Civil War Match.

Sophie motions to herself.

Sophie: If anyone knows war then it is me, the ultimate student of war. That is why I believe that I am the best equipped to win the 2022 Civil War Match. No one else can say or do anything to prove me wrong. Not even an old friend of mine who I will be teaming with tonight…

She chuckles.

Sophie: …of course I am talking about you, Julia Braddock. I respect you because of who you are and what your family has done for me. You may want to run from your family name but it is who you are. You are a Braddock, and yet you are a Braddock fighting to claim an identity and legacy of her own. If anyone can achieve that, it is you, but you can chase your legacy later. Tonight you need to focus on the most important task at hand, namely Twin Magic.”

Sophie pauses momentarily.

Sophie: Sun Tzu says, “Quickness is the essence of the war.” Marie and Kim, you are certainly quick witted, you are quick in your so-called Twin Magic, but if you think that you can pull the wool over my eyes then you are mistaken. Tonight you will fall at the hands of myself and Julia Braddock. Of that I can assure you.

English Street Fight
Clyde Sutter vs. Matthew Taylor
[This time Matthew Taylor is the aggressor, attacking Sutter before the bell even rings. He throws Sutter into the steel steps and then ducks a lariat attempt and dropkicks Sutter face first into the steel ring post. Matthew grabs a steel chair and blasts The Assassin across the forehead with it. Sutter rolls inside. The bell finally rings. Taylor with a Van Terminator using the chair to crush Sutter’s face! The cover but only a two. Sutter is busted wide open. Matthew sets the chair up and goes for a ddt but Clyde counters with a shove and then a clothesline from hell! Sutter sets the chair up and then drills Matthew with a spine buster onto the chair. Sutter with a buckle bomb and then a tilt a whirl into a side slam. Sutter measures Matthew as The Showstealer pulls himself up. Matthew turns around into The Unforgiven claymore kick. Sutter covers and would have gotten a three easily but Sutter let him up, saying he isn’t done yet. The Assassin throws Matthew to the outside. Sutter picks up the steel steps and smashes them into Matthew’s face. Sutter with a choke slam onto the steel steps. Sutter pulls Matthew’s limp form up and delivers a sit out power bomb onto the steel steps. Sutter moves to the Spanish Announce Table and then sends Matthew crashing through it with The Cruciform Slam! Sutter again covers but again pulls him up just before three, saying that he isn’t done yet. Sutter goes over to the French Announce Table. Sutter with a power bomb on the outside, a second power bomb, and then Sutter transitions into an F5 sending Matthew crashing through the French Announce table with Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Sutter pulls Matthew up and rolls him back into the ring. Sutter locks in Judgment Day! Referee Shawn Pack wastes no time in calling for the bell and ending this slaughter.]
WINNER: Clyde Sutter

We cut backstage where we find the newest journalist for GCW, Janelle St. Claire. Standing with the lovely veteran reporter is none other than “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. Julia is dressed in her wrestling gear consisting of black pants with a silver thigh length skirt and silver top. A confident grin is etched across her face.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen I am Janelle St. Claire and I am being joined now by “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock. Thank you for joining me, Julia.

Julia: Not a problem, mate.

Janelle: Later tonight you team up with an old friend of yours, Sophie O’Brian to take on Twin Magic, and earlier tonight we heard some interesting comments from Sophie about this match and about teaming with you specifically.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Interesting is certainly a word for it, isn’t it? Look, Janelle, you and all the other journalists working for GCW are always looking for a big scoop, so I get it, but there is no story here. Sophie is just being Sophie. She loves to play those mind games and that’s what she’s doing, playing mind games not just with Twin Magic because they are our opponents tonight but also playing mind games with me. Sophie is smart, she knows how to play the long game. Tonight isn’t as important as the Civil War Match. The Civil War Match is the match to win. And she knows that I am the biggest threat and the odds on favorite to win it all because I won it last year. She is trying to get into my head. But it isn’t going to work. Nothing will stop me from winning my second straight Civil War Match, not Sophie, and not even Twin Magic. And then I will go on to Resurrection to reclaim what is rightfully mine…the GCW Championship.

Janelle: Do you think Sophie’s desire to win the Civil War Match and her mind games will adversely affect you in your match with Twin Magic?

Julia: Does it look like I’m worried, mate? The fact is that when it comes down to it, Sophie is a professional. She will do her job just as I will do mine. We will kick the ever living crap out of them tonight.

Janelle: Fair enough, but what about this past week on Livewire? You were tag teaming with Kendra Classic facing Derek Powers and Brittany Kayl. You and Kayl ended up at each other’s throats throughout the night and it broke down into a brawl that ended with the two of you crashing off the stage. Do you mind commenting on that?

Braddock chuckles.

Julia: Apparently Brittany Kayl doesn’t like me. I’m not going to lose any sleep over that because the fact is that she doesn’t really like anyone except herself. Kellen Jeffries screwed her over, she never got the revenge she feels she rightfully deserves, and ever since she’s been pissed off at everyone and everything. She’s been taking on the world. First she attacked Travis Vessey for no damn reason. And now I’m just the latest victim in her year long temper tantrum. Let me ask you something, Janelle. You know of children who throw temper tantrums, right? They usually last for a few minutes, an hour at most, and then its over. Do you know anyone who has had a temper tantrum that lasted for over a year? That’s Brittany Kayl. She’s your typical child throwing a temper tantrum because she didn’t get her way.

She smirks knowingly.

Julia: But if it’s a fight Britt wants then it is a fight she will get. She will learn real quick that this is more of a fight than she wants. I’m not the same Julia Braddock she remembers. Anything she THINKS she knows about me is wrong. Next time she steps up to me I am going to punch her in the face and put her down. It really is as simple as that.

Braddock turns and walks off.

Canadian Street Fight
Jonathan Scarborough vs. Lynn Bradley
[What are the rules to a CANADIAN Street Fight? No one knows except Jonathan Scarborough. Lynn Bradly and referee Jose Diaz wait patiently for Scarborough to tell them the rules. He gets a microphone and is about to speak…but then blasts Lynn in the head with the microphone. He says the first rule to a Canadian Street Fight is that the Canadian gets the first strike. Scarborough with a snap suplex and then a belly to belly overhead suplex. Scarborough with Scars and Stripes. He goes outside and retrieves a Singapore Cane…actually it is a Canadian Cane. He swings but Bradly ducks and connects with a dropkick and then a spinning heel kick. Lynn gets the Canadian Cane and uses it against Jonathan over and over again on the back, ribs, and head. Bradley with a snap suplex and then a bulldog takedown. She goes out and retrieves a trash can and then a table. She blasts Scarborough the trash can. Scarborough lands on top of the table. Lynn goes up top and goes for a moonsault but Jonathan rolls out of the way and Lynn crashes into the table. Scarborough with a release German suplex on the trash can. Scarborough with Two Minutes For Kneeing! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Jonathan Scarborough

We cut backstage where we find the tag team duo of Summer Collins and Jessica Lasiewicz, together known as Fabulous. With them is there new Marketing Guru known by many names (a thousand of them, according to him), a man known as Leviticus. The Most Loved Man on the Planet is doing jumping jacks while Summer and Jessica look on.

Leviticus: See, ladies? Captain Capitalism, The Master Media Mogul, The Titan of Twitter, and YOUR Maharajah of Marketing, is ready for action tonight! We’re going to take on and take down those hot pieces of ass known as The McBride Corporation and…

Jessica swats Levi in the back of his head.

Leviticus: OWWW! What was that for?

Jessica: Don’t compliment the competition, idiot.

Leviticus: Sorry…

Collins smirks.

Summer: I still have my doubts, Jess, but I have to admit that so far Levi has paid off. We did win our six person tag against The Atari Brothers. But this time it will be much more of a serious challenge. We’re facing The Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions.

Jessica: I know but that’s why we need this match, Summer. We need to prove that we can still get it done when it counts. Ever since The McBride Corporation beat us, the tag team division has forgotten about us. Well tonight is the night that we remind them, and The McBrides specifically, that we are still the best team in GCW.

Levi stops his jumping jacks to chime in.

Leviticus: What about The Alan Family?

Summer: What about them?

Leviticus: Like it or not they are ahead of you in line for a title opportunity. They’re fighting The McBrides first.

Lasiewicz nods her head.

Jessica: You’re a fool, Levi, but for once you’re right. The Alan Family is ahead of us and there is little we can do about it. But still, a win tonight will put us in the conversation. And maybe if The Alan Family is successful in dethroning Karen and Melanie, we could get our shot.

Summer: Or even if The McBrides retain, we’ll get our shot. Either way, we get the winner and then we retake our titles.

Jessica: Precisely. And that’s not all, because at Civil War one of us will win the Civil War Match. You, Summer…or me…one of us will win it all and main event Resurrection. Imagine that? The tag championship, the world championship, all of it could be ours for the taking at Civil War.

Collins grins from ear to ear.

Summer: That is absolutely Fabulous!

Six Person Tag
Fabulous & Leviticus vs. The McBride Corporation
[Again St. Levi is insistent upon starting this match. He starts off against Blair. Levi asks for a kiss on the cheek but instead Blair kicks him below the belt, doubling him over in pain! The bell rings. Blair with a double arm ddt. Blair covers and gets a two. Blair with a swinging neck breaker. She tags out to Karen. Karen and Blair connect with Blood Is Thicker Than Water. Karen covers and gets a two. Karen with a hangman’s neckbreaker and then a neck vice. Captain Capitalism fights back to his feet. Karen whips him to the ropes. Jessica blind tags herself in. Karen with a jumping knee strike takes Levi down. Jessica takes down Karen with an Our Lady Peace. Jessica applies a leg grapevine. Karen fights it and eventually reaches the ropes. Jessica with a dragon screw and then a single leg crab. Again Karen fights to the ropes and eventually reaches them forcing a break. Jessica tags in Summer. Jessica and Summer connect with Golden Kiss of Death. Summer covers but Karen kicks out. Summer with an STF on Karen. Again Karen reaches the ropes. Summer tags out to Jessica. They whip Karen into the ropes. Melanie blind tags herself in. Jessica and Summer with a variation of the 3D. Melanie with a superkick to Summer sending her tumbling to the outside and then a spear takedown of Jessica. Melanie with a gut wrench suplex and then a blockbuster. Melanie goes for McBride Flies and connects. The cover but Leviticus breaks it up. Blair in and with Melanie double superkicks Levi. Melanie and Blair with Nirvana to Leviticus. Summer and Jessica roll back in and start brawling with Blair and Melanie. Levi staggers to his feet and plants Blair with The Book of Levi! Karen drags him outside and then smashes his face into the steel steps. Things are completely out of control. Suddenly Matthew Alan makes his way to the ring. Melanie with a face buster to Jessica and a superkick to Summer. Melanie has somehow managed to fend off them both. Referee Stephen Snuggs doesn’t notice Matthew Alan climbing up onto the ring apron and blasting Melanie with a rolled up thing of coins! Karen saw it and quickly chases after Matthew who makes a hasty retreat. The damage has been done, though. Jessica plants Melanie with Pure Deformation. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Fabulous & Leviticus

As the camera cut away, the scene seemed to be blurred, like a darkened room was filled with wispy fog, the lens going in and out of focus. There were merely shadows moving through them, not entirely clear what they were, and in the background there seemed to be dead tree branches moving up and down and left and right in a silent breeze. From the darkness, a voice could be heard. Sweet and tuneful in parts, but then harsh and robotic, devoid of all humanity.

Figure: Looking into the past, at the rich and varied history of the Civil War match, it’s past competitors and the achievements of the winners can lead you on many paths. While I have studied the legacy of this great match, I could be accused of looking a little too far back. After all, the original winner would compete for one of the grandest prizes at a major event known as Wrestlecade. I made reference to that the last time you heard my voice. But in a world filled with mistakes that no one wishes to admit to, I find myself wanting to admit to one. For GCW it is Revolution. In days gone by it was Wrestlecade. The premise is the same, the name is not. But my aim is the same.

The screen became warped again, numbers and figures dancing around at the bottom of the screen as if a computer system was rebooting, but it was not clear at all what was rebooting at all. A small message appeared on the scream, reading “wH@tz Zo c1V1L @b0uT w@r?”

Figure: As I watch my own blood run through the very veins of this place, often even unnoticed, I am notice each and every claim that is being made. About who will win. About who will succeed. About who will challenge the Undisputed GCW Champion in a few short months. There is even enough chatter about who will work out of Civil War with all the gold when the final bell rings.

There was a flash of imagery, one set flying by with GCW World Champions from the past few years. The likes of Chanelle Chambers and her multiple reigns, the legendary Glory Braddock, three time champion Alexander Midas as well as Kayla Jones, Isaac Bongartz, Jessica Lasiewicz and her father Andreas. This ran on through to modern times, through Minerva, Aubrianna Powers, Nadia, Kellen and then on to Chanel Hunter. In comparison, on the right hand side of the screen, more blurred imagery flashed by, showing the likes of former Global Champions Aphrodite Noel, Julia Braddock, Trenton Snow and many, many more. All leading to the current champion, Kelsai Adamson-Mason. The imagery focused on CHanel and Kelsai for a moment, the World and Global Champions who would square off to declare the GCW Undisputed Champion at Civil War. But then, the imagery cut away to that wild, spooky forest once more, and the silhouette of this mysterious, robotic figure.

Figure: But the chatter doesn’t change things for me. Who walks out of Civil War with the championship doesn’t change things for me. Whoever is announced in my ring doesn’t change things for me, and neither does who advances from the other two bouts. My goal, my quest, my aim… It doesn’t change. I am but one consistent amongst false claims, rampant arguments, overcompensation and bloated egos.

The figure paused, now more visible amongst the fog, yet this masked and their eyes shrouded from view. They raised a single hand, curled up into the shape of a talon.
Figure: I am… who I am. And soon enough, you will know exactly what I am after. And exactly what I will fight for.

Backstage shortly after the match we find Karen McBride still angry and still giving chase to Matthew Alan…

Karen: ALAN! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!

Karen kicks a few trash cans over along the way in her rage.

Karen: Come out here, Matthew and face me!

She rounds a corner and spots The Evil Genius standing a few feet away. Karen rushes up and snatches him by the shirt collar.

Karen: You really are asking for an ass kicking, aren’t you? You should have stayed in prison. Do you think your mind games will hurt us? Do you think your tricks will stop The McBride Corporation? None of it will work! Your boys are still going to lose at the Civil War, we are going to remain Undisputed Tag Team Champions, and you’re going to get a beating for your involvement tonight!

Matthew: I would be careful about those threats, Ms. McBride. I have an army of lawyers, the best in the world you might say. They got me out of an unjust and unfair imprisonment and they will help me sue you for everything you have if you physically harm me.

McBride stares daggers at Matthew. She wants to punch him but thinks better of it and releases him.

Matthew: See? You can make a good decision if you try. And ‘my boys’, The Alan Family, we are going to become the new Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions. This little hostile takeover you and your sisters have been ranting on and on about, it is going to come to a screeching halt. See, there is going to be a hostile takeover but not you taking over GCW. It will be me, reclaiming what rightfully belongs to me and my family all along! And it starts with those tag team championships, my dear.

Matthew snickers nastily as he walks off.

Kendra Classic vs. Caitlyn Perry
[Kendra with a hard shoulder tackle and then a snap suplex. Kendra with an exploder suplex and then a flapjack. Caitlyn fights back with a spinning heel kick and an enziguri. Caitlyn with a body slam and then an attempt at a split legged moonsault but Kendra gets the knees up. Kendra with a spinning head scissors into a ddt. Kendra drops Caitlyn with the ClassiCrash. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Kendra Classic

We cut backstage where we find “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock doing some stretching in preparation for her main event match tonight, where she teams with Sophie O’Brian against Twin Magic. Braddock is interrupted with the arrival of her tag team partner for the evening, Sophie O’Brian. Julia stands up and grins, placing her hands on her hips.

Julia: Sophie, what a surprise! What can I do for you?

Sophie: You can stop the sarcasm to start with, Julia. I think we both know why I am here.

Braddock rolls her eyes.

Julia: Now you suddenly want to act like partners? Didn’t you just say that you were focused on the Civil War? Didn’t you say that this match tonight didn’t mean anything to you?

Sophie smirks knowingly.

Sophie: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. We will be enemies at the Civil War because we both want to win. But tonight we must be allies. And in all honesty, Julia, I will always be your ally. If you ever need assistance, all you ever have to do is ask.

Julia: I know that, Sophie, and I appreciate that, but I don’t need your help. I mean, I would appreciate your help tonight against Twin Magic, but even then I’m not sure I NEED you.

Sophie chuckles.

Sophie: Pride cometh before a fall, my dear.

Julia: Do you have any other famous sayings or proverbs for me, Sophie?

Sophie: No…just a piece of advice. You are on the road to Resurrection. You want to win Civil War, you want to regain the championship, but you also must go through Brittany Kayl. There may come a time when you need a friend. Keep in mind that I am here and my help is there if you need it.

Braddock sighs.

Julia: Yeah, I hear you…

Julia goes back to stretching. Sophie turns and makes her exit.

Isabella Harker vs. Jodi Jennings
[This one starts as a brawl when Harker attacks Jodi from behind but Jodi isn’t taking it lying down. The two exchange rights and lefts. Harker gets the edge and then takes over with a power based offense including a slam, a spine buster, and then a running power slam. Harker with a brain buster. Harker goes for another slam but Jodi slips free and applies a sleeper. Harker is starting to fade away but she counters with a stunner out of desperation. Harker with a spear takedown. Harker with The Stake! She covers…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Isabella Harker

We cut backstage where we find GCW Hall of Fame journalist Dexter Russell standing in between the identical twin duo of Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams. We’re not sure which is which as they are dressed identically. But we can safely assume that the twin with the Dalek next to her is probably Kimberly.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen I am Dexter Russell and my guests at this time are Marie Jones and Kimberly Williams, the team known as Twin Magic. Thank you for joining me ladies.

Marie: The pleasure is ALL YOURS, Dex.

Williams motions to the Dalek.

Kim: You forgot to mention him!

Dexter: Your robot?

Kim kicks Dexter in the shin.

Kim: He isn’t a robot!

Dexter: Oww…uh, sorry…uh, welcome…Dalek?

Kimberly grins.

Kim: That’s better!

Dexter: Well tonight you two are in action against Julia Braddock and Sophie O’Brian. They know each other very well so this could prove to be a tough test and a tough match for you two, especially considering you two have not teamed together in awhile.

Marie chuckles.

Marie: Really? You honestly want to tell such a lie to these people? Although come to think of it, the people are generally dumb little sheep who will believe anything you tell them. So yes, go ahead and run with the lie that Julia and Sophie know each other oh so well and that they can match up as a team to me and Kim. The fact is that we are former SCW World Tag Team Champions and former Undisputed GCW Tag Team Champions. Me and Kim are a highly decorated tag team and on top of that we are identical twin sisters. No one knows me better than Kim and no one knows Kim better than I do. But the real funny thing about this has to do with our opponents.

Jones looks over at Kim.

Marie: Hey, Kim…do you think Julia and Sophie have been acting much like a team tonight? Do you think that they have been friendly to each other tonight?

Kim: Nope!

Marie: Precisely. See, Dex, the real advantage goes to us. Tonight, we are going to bring them down. And that is a guarantee.

Andrew Raynes vs. Brennan Davis
[This match starts off surprisingly enough with chain wrestling as the two try to match one another hold for hold. Brennan keeps up with Raynes for awhile…that is until Andrew decides to turn it into a fight by decking him with a right hand. Andrew follows through with Code of the Sith and then a swinging neck breaker. Raynes with a snap ddt and then a cover but Brennan kicks out. Raynes delivers The Syndicate. He covers but just gets a two and a half. Raynes applies a blatant choke. He breaks at the referee’s count of four. Raynes applies a neck vice. Brennan fights back up and breaks it with elbows to the head and then starts throwing rights and lefts. Davis with a hip toss, an arm drag, and then a dropkick. Davis goes for a suplex but Raynes floats over and then floors him with Game Changer. Raynes locks in Embrace The Hate. Brennan taps out.]
WINNER: Andrew Raynes

“The following advertisement has been paid for by The Sovereign…”

Classical, uplifting piano music is heard as a video montage of Aubrianna Powers is played. We see footage of her posing for photo shoots as well as video footage of her in action competing. Then the beautiful voice of The Most Valuable Powers herself begins to speak.

“Once in a generation there comes a special athlete that transcends their chosen sport and ascends into a new tier of excellence and greatness. Athletes like Tom Brady, Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, and Muhammed Ali come to mind…”

Then the footage ends. We fade into a new scene; a black backdrop and Aubrianna Powers herself standing there wearing a red dress and red high heels. Her long pink tipped blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. A smug smirk is etched across her face.

Aubrianna: But alas you won’t see any more athletes like that. God created Aubrianna Powers and God looked at her and said ‘you know what, I can’t possibly top this, I am done!’

Powers throws her head back and laughs.

Aubrianna: Oh but it is true! I broke the mold, ladies and gentlemen, and when it comes to professional wrestling there will never be another Aubrianna Powers. There is one and only one MVP of this business and you are looking at her. I achieved the grand slam quicker than anyone else in this company’s history. I won both the GCW World Championship and GCW Global Championship quicker than anyone else in this company’s history. It took some athletes years and years of hard work to main event a Resurrection.

The MVP holds up two fingers.

Aubrianna: It only took me TWO years to main event a Resurrection. And I main evented back to back Resurrections. No one in this company has the kind of resume that I have. I have even eclipsed my older brother, a GCW Original and legend in this company. Even Steve Powers cannot say that he has achieved the success I have achieved. And yet there is still one thing that I have yet to do, it is the one thing that the Powers family itself has yet to achieve.

Powers pauses momentarily to let the viewer think about the answer for a moment.

Aubrianna: Steve…Derek…myself…none of us have won a Civil War Match. We practically helped build the damn thing but we haven’t won one. But that will change this year because I am going to win the 2022 Civil War Match and punch my ticket back to where I belong, back in the main event of Resurrection.

She does the title belt motion to her waist.

Aubrianna: And then at Resurrection I will wrap gold back around this sexy gorgeous waist. Fact is, it has been too long since I have held singles gold. Civil War is the beginning of my quest back to the top. I will overcome anyone and everyone who gets in my way because winning Civil War is my destiny and Resurrection is the end game. Resurrection XI is when I once again become champion. And you can learn to love it, bitches.

Julia Braddock & Sophie O'Brian vs. Twin Magic
[Julia Braddock starts off the match against Marie Jones. The two chain wrestle for the first few minutes but Marie is clearly outclassed by the submission and technical marvel that is Julia Braddock. Marie attempts to turn it into a fight by throwing a right hand. She picks up the pace with a few quick arm drags, a dropkick, and a spinning heel kick. Marie goes for a clothesline but Julia ducks it and then snaps off a Full Nelson release suplex. Julia with a scissors kick. Braddock drops an elbow, a second, and then curtsies before dropping the third. Julia goes to her corner to make the tag but Sophie doesn’t seem interested. She doesn’t accept the tag. Marie comes up from behind but Julia sees her coming and connects with a back elbow smash. Julia starts arguing with Sophie. Meanwhile with the referee and Julia distracted Kim and Marie pull the switcheroo. Julia turns around, not realizing Kim is now in, and gets floored with Morrigan’s Wrath. Kim locks in Scorned. Julia fights the hold and eventually reaches the ropes. Kim tags out to Marie. Kim and Marie deliver Fire & Ice to Julia! Marie covers but Julia kicks out at two. Marie locks Julia in The Angel’s Arch. Julia struggles in the hold but reaches the ropes after nearly a minute. Marie tags out to Kim. Kim measures Julia for Shadowblade. She charges in but Julia avoids contact at just the last minute! Julia drops Kim with Excommunication! Julia covers but Kim kicks out at two. Julia crawls over to her corner to tag but Sophie still isn’t interested. Marie tags into the match. Marie rushes in, takes Julia and sets her up for Ave Maria but Julia fights out of it and goes for The Vow of Chastity and connects! Julia again crawls to her corner, as Marie crawls towards hers. Julia reaches out and this time Sophie accepts the tag. Kimberly tags in. Sophie drills Kim with a clothesline, and then another, and another! Sophie with a high back body drop. Sophie with Death of Wisdom and a cover but Kim kicks out. Sophie sets Kim up for Ode To Braddock but Marie breaks it up. Marie whips Sophie in and Julia tags herself in. Sophie drops Marie with Ode To Braddock. Sophie steps aside to let Julia finish the job. Julia with Chastisement to Kim. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Julia Braddock & Sophie O’Brian

Julia doesn’t take time to celebrate. Instead she turns to face Sophie who is smirking. Sophie then begins to applaud Julia. The applause seems to be sincere and Sophie seems to be pleased with Julia’s effort. Braddock nods her head, as if she understands what Sophie was trying to do. She extends a hand and Sophie accepts the handshake. They embrace as the scene fades to black.