Livewire 11.04

randy

Livewire 11.04

Post by randy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 pm

Marisol Vilaro is standing in the ring dressed in an expensive black dress. She has a champagne flute in her left hand and the microphone in the right hand. There is a blown up photo of the “Diamond Princess” Danielle Page holding the GCW Heritage CHampionship belt over her head after she won the belt, another picture of Marisol and Danielle walking down to the ring for Danielle’s GCW debut match. There is also a pedestal in the middle of the ring that has a cover on top of it.

Marisol Vilaro:Get on your feet everyone and give a round of applause for the new GCW Heritage champion, a member of Team Vilaro, the “Diamond Princess” Danielle Page!!!!

The crowd begins to boo as B R Right by Trina and Ludacrious begins to play throughout the SAP Center. “Diamond Princess” Danielle Page emerges from the backstage area sitting on a throne that is being held up by six muscular young men. The throne makes its way down to the ringside area. The six men lower the throne to the ring apron. Danielle stands up with her hands out to her sides as the boos get louder. One of the men gets up on to the ring apron and opens the middle and bottom ropes as Danielle enters the ring.

Marisol Vilaro:Worship your GCW Heritage Champion!!!

The crowd boos as Marisol hands Danielle a champagne flute. The women hug each other and Marisol begins to clap for Danielle while Danielle gets a microphone.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:You are welcome world.

Marisol Vilaro:Before you give your state of the Heritage Championship address, Danielle. We must show you.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:(Pointing as the Pedestal.)Is this?

Marisol Vilaro:(Excited)Yes!!!!

Danielle shrinks in excitement.

Marisol Vilaro:I, along with the rest of Team Vilaro would love to present the GCW Championship belt to the new champion.

Marisol takes the cover off the belt and shows the beautiful new championship belt with more diamonds on them along with side plates with gold diamonds on it.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Oh My God! It’s beautiful!

Danielle and Marisol hug.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:With a new champion comes a new championship belt. A championship belt that is attached to the stain of D’Nae and the rest of the trashy champions that preceded me. It is time for me to bring respectability to MY championship.

The crowd boos even louder.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Whatever, mouth breathers! Now we do away with the past. We are looking forward to Fever where Clyde and I will destroy Team Perry. I will then go on to hold this Heritage Championship with the nobility that no one in GCW has seen before them. No matter who comes before me who is foolish enough to try me. There is a reason why I have never been pinned or submitted. It is why I am now the holder of this beautiful belt and will continue my ascension to the top of the GCW and the World Heavyweight title. With Marisol by my side and Clyde watching my back I am literally untouchable. That isn’t just my opinion. It is simply a fact of life.

B R Right begins to play throughout the arena as Danielle and Marisol cheer for the championship. Danielle takes a sip of her champagne, then takes the Heritage title belt, and holds the Heritage title belt over his head.

==

We cut backstage to the dressing room of Fabulous. Currently it’s just “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. Jessica is dressed in her black wrestling tights, black kick pad boots, and a Duke Blue Devils basketball jersey over her black wrestling top. Her long blue hair cascades to past the shoulders. She isn’t left alone for long. A few moments later and Summer Collins emerges into the room as well. Collins isn’t dressed to compete, because she isn’t scheduled to compete. Summer is wearing a tight form fitting green dress and matching high heel sandals. A confident smirk is etched across her face.

Summer: Well, it looks like someone is still pursuing her path to Resurrection.

Jessica: What do you want Summer?

Summer: Nothing. I’m just checking in on my absolutely Fabulous bestie. You have a big match tonight. You can punch your ticket to Resurrection and get a World Championship Match.

Lasiewicz sighs and shakes her head.

Jessica: Look, I don’t want to talk about it…

Summer: What’s wrong, Jess? Are you upset that none of us…you, me, Levi, not one of us managed to at least get third place to earn a tag title match at Resurrection?

The Archangel smirks and nods her head.

Jessica: Rub it in why don’t ya?

Summer: Don’t sweat it, babe. You and me are fine. We’re cool. No matter what the future holds for you and me heading into Resurrection, we are still absolutely Fabulous. Besides, this plan of ours to make our own path to Resurrection isn’t over.

Jessica: It is…we couldn’t place in Civil War.

Collins points at Jessica.

Summer: But you and Levi can still earn your way into a Resurrection main event. The tournament begins tonight and both of you have qualifying matches. Just make sure you win and advance.

Collins pats Jessica’s jersey.

Summer: Just like your Blue Devils…win and advance…it’s tournament time. March Madness.

Lasiewicz rolls her eyes.

Jessica: I’d rather not talk about that, either.

Summer: You’re right, you just need to focus on the task at hand. Win tonight, advance, and take one step closer towards a world title match. You can get there, I know it.

Lasiewicz grins.

Jessica: I appreciate the support, Summer. I really do. I mean, me or Levi winning this whole thing and going to Resurrection doesn’t exactly benefit you now does it?

Summer: Not exactly but a win from either of you does keep the spotlight on Fabulous. It gives us leverage. And whoever doesn’t win, whether it’s you or Levi, maybe they can work with me to get a crack at those tag titles BEFORE Resurrection.

Jessica: Before?

Collins nods her head.

Summer: It isn’t like your cousin would ever choose me to be her partner. Heck, she may even bring in another outsider. You never know. As a business woman I know that it is important to always have an insurance policy, always have a back up plan in mind. We need our Resurrection moment, Jess, and we’re going to get it, and when we do it will be FABULOUS!

Lasiewicz sighs.

Jessica: I just feel bad, Summer. I remember over three years ago…

Summer: You don’t have to bring this up again, Jess.

Jessica: I do…three years ago I had nearly lost myself, I trusted my career into the hands of a con artist who nearly took everything away from me, including my career. But you were there to salvage my career. You saved me from that…you saved me from myself, because I was in a very bad place. And you had no reason to do so, I had already broken your leg once. But you still put that past behind you, you took a big risk in saving me, and you gave my career a second chance. Since then we won the GCW World Tag Team Championship, the GCW Global Tag Team Championship, and the MWE World Tag Team Championship.

Collins grins.

Summer: Good times.

Jessica: They were some of the best of my career. But ever since we lost the tag team titles, things have changed. I’ve been getting opportunities galore…some of which I managed to take advantage of. In MWE, I beat a former World Champion in Melissa Reeves. I damn near came in third in the Civil War Match here in GCW. Now I have this tournament where I could earn my way into the main event of night one, go on to fight Kelsai and take the GCW World Championship.

Collins nods her head.

Summer: And you will.

Jessica: I hope I do…I know I can win this tournament, and I know that all I need is one shot at Kelsai, just one fair shot and I can beat her.

The Archangel reaches out and places a hand on Summer’s shoulder.

Jessica: But what about you? I feel as if I’ve left you behind. You’ve done so much for me, Summer. Let me do something for you.

Summer: You don’t need to do anything for me, Jess. Besides, we just have to believe in ourselves and have confidence in ourselves. You win your way into Resurrection like we both know you can. As for me, I will make Silverstone sit up and take notice of me. I will make my own path to Resurrection. And the two of us will once again dominate this company. I promise you, Jess. It will happen.

Lasiewicz smiles warmly.

Jessica: I hope you’re right, Summer. Because you are my best friend and I do not want this to end. I want us to always be absolutely Fabulous.

Summer: We will be.

Collins winks. The two then embrace in a tight hug.

==

Backstage…

Mariah Starr can be seen walking through the hallways before her first round tournament match against Jessica Lasiewicz and Nadia Allen. She has a notable scowl on her face as she goes through until Samuel Price walks towards her.

Price: “Mariah… we have been trying to reach you for two weeks. Do you have any updates on Isabella Harker’s condition following that sickening conclusion to her match at Civil War?”

Mariah rolls her eyes.

Starr: “Well obviously, she’s not here tonight. In fact we’ve been told she may not be able to compete anymore. Chantelle did what she wanted to. She ended her career.”

Price: “Wow… um… I’m sorry?”

Starr: “Don’t be sorry… I have more important things to worry about tonight. A chance to become World Champion? How much would that piss off The Sovereign to know that as Chantelle runs from GCW… and believe me, she’s running… to look back and see that Championship around MY waist?”

Price: “So you’re confident going into your match tonight?”

Mariah shakes her head.

Starr: “Tonight, I’m just a pissed off bitch looking to let off some steam, and that is bad for my opponents. Because when I look at Jessica Lasiewicz… and when I look at Nadia Allen… all I’m going to see is Chantelle Chambers. And that is bad news for both of them.”

Starr brushes past Price, not giving another word as she heads towards her match. The scene shifts.

==

Non Tournament Match.
Sierra Michaels Vs Alexander Jones

[Sierra tries to start out fast and furious with a spinning heel kick, a flying forearm, and a few quick dropkicks but they do little except to stagger Jones. She goes for a springboard moonsault but Jones catches her in mid-air and then plants her with a running power slam. Jones spears Sierra out of her boots, breaking her in half. Jones hooks her in a waist lock and then drops her with one German suplex, hangs on and drops her with a second, he hangs on rolls through and drops Sierra with a third German suplex in a row before releasing. Jones with running lariat, turning Sierra inside out. Alexander Jones pulls her up and then drops her with a vertical drop brain buster. He covers…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Alexander Jones

==

Did you know that there are luxury suites at the SAP Center in San Jose, California? Whether you knew or not, chances are that it really doesn't make a difference because do you know who does the information? GCW Global and World Heavyweight Champion Kelsai Adamson-Mason. Kelsai can afford a luxury suite in any arena in the country, but tonight she and her close friend Tiffany Manning are in a one at the SAP Center because it is the location for tonight's GCW Livewire. This is the first Livewire since Kelsai won at Civil War, and ended up in the possession of both of the championships. Livewire has been the show that Kelsai has been on the entire time she has been in GCW, but she is not wrestling tonight. Instead she is sitting with her close friend and taking in tonight's matches, as several people are competing in a tournament to decide who will be the number one contender to the GCW World Heavyweight Championship. Since there is nobody else in the suite, the two women are talking freely with one another.

Tiffany: “This really is what luxury is all about. I could get used to living like this Kelsai.”

Kelsai: “I am so glad to hear you say that Tiffany. You deserve all of this for being such a good friend to me. Tonight, remember we are working though too. I want your insights as we watch people in the number contenders tournament to decide who will face me for the World Heavyweight Championship at Resurrection.”

Tiffany: “You already know what I think about that. I think that Tabitha is just grasping at straws with this tournament because she can’t admit there really isn’t anyone on this show who can compete with you.”

Kelsai: “That’s very nice of you to say Tiff, but it doesn’t make a difference honestly, despite it being true. The fact of the matter is though one of the people who is in this tournament tonight will end up being the person who will go on to face me on night one of the biggest event of the year. That is why I am going to be ready for whoever that might be, even if they don’t have a snowball's chance in hell of beating me.”

Tiffany: “Well of course you need to do your due diligence. That is just smart and why you have gotten to where you are today. I just don’t think that you need to lose any sleep over who might win this tournament, that’s all.”

Kelsai: “I don’t ever lose any sleep over facing anyone. I am the best wrestler in the world; people should lose sleep over having to face me, and not the other way around. I just want to be prepared to keep what is mine on night one.”

Tiffany: “So, since this is just you and me talking where nobody else can hear us, is there anyone in the tournament that you would prefer to face as opposed to others?”

Kelsai: “It doesn’t make a difference overall, but there are some people that I have always wanted to face one-on-one.

Tiffany: “Like who?”

Kelsai: “Travis Vessey is a living legend in this company and he is still one of the best wrestlers in the entire world. Therefore he is someone that I have always wanted to face. D’Nae Moore is a friend of mine. We still train together every now and then at Blackout Academy. Though I haven’t trained at the academy in a while, that would still be a fun match. Nadia Allen could be the best wrestler anywhere outside of me; her intensity is out of this world.”

Tiffany: “Julia Braddock might have something to say about who is the best wrestler in the world.”

The two women look at one another and start to laugh.

Kelsai: “Let that liar, that snake say and do whatever she wants alright? Look, she is still trying to steal the spotlight. There is no other reason for her to take the match for the Global Championship on Day 3 instead of the World Championship on Day 1. She wants the last thing that everyone sees at Resurrection to be her raising the Global Championship belt. Too bad for her though that what they are going to end up seeing is me having my hand raised while my other hand is waving goodbye to Chastity because that will be the last match that she ever wrestles now that she was arrogant enough to throw in that stipulation. And that? That is a Vow of Kelsai!”

Tiffany inadvertently spits out the champagne she was drinking and starts to laugh again.

Tiffany: “You have to say that to the media sometime; a Vow of Kelsai.”

Kelsai: “Oh you know me, and you know how she loves to tell everyone that I am just a little brat. Nevermind the fact that I beat the little twit for the Global Championship already. She still wants to call me a little brat. So if she wants to call me a little brat and the fans want to eat up everything that she is saying? Fine I will play my part, and I will be the little brat when it comes to her. So yeah, I can’t wait to go to the media with all sorts of Vows of Kelsai. Tonight is not about Chastity though, tonight is about the first round of this number one contenders tournament. Why don’t we just concentrate on that?”

Tiffany: “You have got it, Champ.”

==

Tournament Match:
Jessica Lasiewicz Vs Nadia Allen Vs Mariah

[The Archangel started out first, striking Nadia with a spin kick and then booting Mariah in the face with Our Lady Peace. Lasiewicz drops Nadia with a snap suplex and then goes back to Maria, throwing her over the top and to the outside. Jessica turns back to Nadia who is ready this time, and she catches The Archangel coming in with a backfist followed up by an STO. Nadia sees Mariah on the outside and then she charges in and delivers a suicide dive over the top and onto Mariah. Nadia steps up onto the ring apron and measures Jessica as she pulls herself up. Nadia with a springboard attempting Snake Charmer but Lasiewicz ducks out of the way and Nadia lands hard on her knees. Jessica quickly wraps Nadia up into a figure four and then bridges into the Four Card Trick. Nadia fights with everything she has to get out of the hold. Mariah sees what is going on and quickly goes to the top and leaps off with a frog splash onto both Nadia and Jessica, thus breaking the hold. Mariah stays on top of Nadia for a cover…1…2…Kickout!]

[Mariah takes over from here with The Greatest Legdrop to Nadia followed by Kick Me Deadly to Jessica. Mariah with another Greatest Legdrop, this time to Lasiewicz. The cover…1…2…Kickout! Mariah takes Nadia and throws her to the outside, thus isolating Jessica. Mariah with a bulldog takedown of Lasiewicz. Mariah with springboard second rope moonsault onto Lasiewicz for another cover...1…2…Kickout!Mariah with a snap suplex. She goes up to the top and attempts a 450 splash but Lasiewicz gets her knees up at the last possible second. Mariah struggles to her feet but turns around into Snake Charmer from Nadia out of nowhere! The cover…1…2…3NOO! Lasiewicz breaks it up! Nadia, Jessica, and Mariah all pull themselves up to their feet. They all start throwing rights at one another, to see who blinks first. Mariah manages to drop Nadia with a backfist and then drops Jessica with a European uppercut. Before Mariah looks to inflict further punishment the crowd starts booing…it’s Chantelle Chambers! Chantelle drags Mariah out of the ring from under the bottom rope! Chantelle throws her into the steel steps and then throws her over the barricade and into the crowd.]

[This interference from Chantelle has effectively made this a one on one match now between The Archangel and Nadia. Nadia with a bulldog takedown and then whips Jessica into the corner. Running double knees to Lasiewicz in the corner. A discuss elbow from Nadia and then she applies a calf crusher. Jessica eventually reaches the ropes. Nadia sets Jessica up for Death By Poison but Lasiewicz counters into Pure Deformation! Jessica covers…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Jessica Lasiewicz

==

We cut backstage where we find the GCW Hall of Fame Journalist Janice King….the very FIRST Hall of Fame journalist, to be precise. Standing next to Janice King, dressed in her hot pink and black wrestling attire, is none other than “The MVP” Aubrianna Powers. The Most Valuable Powers has a scowl on her lovely face. She is obviously not in a good mood tonight.

Janice: I am Janice King, the very first journalist to ever be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame! And just like any good HALL OF FAME journalist I have the best guests, and my current guest is a former GCW World Champion, former GCW Global Champion, and if she has her way, she will win this tournament and regain the GCW World Championship at Resurrection. She is “The Most Valuable Powers” she is “Simply The Best” she is Aubrianna Powers!

Booing can be heard in the background. Powers ignores it.

Aubrianna: Thank you for the very factual and very fair introduction, Janice. You really are good at what you do.

Janice: Why thank you, Aubrey! I’m just doing my job as a journalist…reporting the facts and being unbiased about it all. You ARE a former GCW World Champion, you ARE a former GCW Global Champion, and indeed if there is one person who can probably have a damn good match against Kelsai Mason for the World Title it would be you.

Aubrianna: We would tear the house down, Janice. Me and Kelsai would put on a five star…no, no, no, we would put on a TWELVE STAR match that the entire wrestling world would be in awe of! Wrestling critics would have to invent the TWELVE STAR MATCH just for me and Kelsai!

Janice: I just did…just for you!

Powers smirks.

Aubrianna: See? It’s already happening! And OUR match would outshine little Julia Braddock’s match on night three by leaps and bounds. That’s also a fact. And if we’re talking facts let’s also talk about how I was cheated out of winning the Civil War Match. I’m not sure how I was cheated but trust me, Janice, I was cheated!

Janice: I believe you. But what are you going to do about it?

Aubrianna: I tried to exercise my right to protest but THE MAN kept putting me down! THE MAN is Tabitha Silverstone, by the way. Tabs, I thought you were cool. But you are not cool. In fact, you are the complete OPPOSITE OF COOL! You are UNCOOL! You want to take your marquee star, The Most Valuable Powers, and force her to compete in some stupid tournament to EARN my way into the Resurrection world title match? That is ridiculous! I should not have to earn a damn thing! I am so damn good and so damn popular that I should be entitled to the Resurrection main event! And the mere fact that I have to share the ring with a loser like Leviticus and a has-been like Travis Vessey is a slap in the face to my legacy!

The MVP shakes her head.

Aubrianna: But that’s fine, I will jump through your little hoops, Silverstone. I will beat anyone and everyone you put in front of me, beginning with Leviticus and Vessey here tonight. I will make it to Resurrection. And then I will become number one contender to the GCW World Championship. I will go on to main event Resurrection against Kelsai. And I will TAKE the GCW World Championship away from her! And Tabs, Kelsai, and everyone else can just LEARN TO LOVE IT, BITCHES!

Powers turns and storms off angrily.

==

Tournament Match:
Aubrianna Powers Vs Leviticus Vs Travis Vessey

[This match starts with Aubrianna, in typical Aubrianna fashion, stepping out of the ring to avoid the initial conflict. She lets Leviticus and Vessey go toe to toe. The two men exchange rights and lefts. Vessey gets the upper hand. He whips Levi into the ropes and delivers a high back body drop. Vessey with a lariat and then a release German suplex. Vessey wit a Deadlift German Suplex. Vessey with a Northern Lights suplex with a bridge but Levi kicks out at two. Vessey goes for a snap suplex but Levi floats over and then drops Vessey with a reverse ddt. St. Levi measures Vessey and connects with a superkick. Captain Capitalism with a body slam near the corner and then he charges in and delivers The Doomsday Prophecy! The cover by Leviticus and Vessey kicks out at two. Levi measures Vessey. He goes for The Book of Levi but Vessey counters it into a snap suplex. Levi rolls out of the ring. Aubrianna then rushes in and takes down Vessey from behind with a bulldog takedown. Powers with a quick cover but Vessey gets a shoulder up at two.]

[Powers locks in The Ties That Bind. Vessey struggles in the hold but refuses to give in. After nearly a minute Levi is there to break it up. Powers gets up and starts yelling at Levi, demanding why he broke it up. Levi then grabs her and drops her with The Book of Levi! The cover but Powers manages to kick out just in time. Levi sets her up for Righteous Cleansing and connects! Before he can capitalize Vessey pulls Levi up and goes for a German suplex but Levi breaks his grip with a few elbows to the face. Leviticus plants Vessey with a face buster. Levi goes for another Doomsday Prophecy but this time Vessey gets his knees up. Vessey gets up and turns right around into The Most Valuable Kick from Powers! Aubrey goes for Simply The Best Moonsault to complete The Powers That Be…she connects! She cover…1…2…3NOOO! Levi breaks up the pin!]

[Again Powers in enraged but this time she simply kicks Levi below the belt and then plants him with a ddt. The MVP mounts her rival and rains down vicious right hands. She doesn’t notice Vessey getting up. He pulls Powers up from behind and then drills her with Lethal Weapon! The cover…1…2…3NO! Powers kicks out! He pulls her up and drops her with a snap tiger suplex. Powers rolls to the outside. Vessey goes after Leviticus. He pulls him up and goes for The Vessey Driver but Levi shifts his weight and then applies The Truth Shall Set You Free! The hold is locked in tight! Vessey refuses to give in! Powers slides in with a ring bell…and smashes Levi in the head with it! She then covers Levi…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Aubrianna Powers

==

Earlier today, the cameras caught up with our special guest that will be sharing a ring with “The Sovereign” Chantelle Chambers.

"On the March 15, 2022 edition of Livewire at SAP Center in San Jose, CA, I will be making my first appearance in a wrestling ring for almost two years, facing Chantelle Chambers in a special challenge match. This isn't my only first for that night either as it will be my first ever appearance for GCW.

But who am I though? I think that I should properly introduce myself.

Hello, my name is Marisol Francesca Cruz. My friends call me "MiMi", but when I step between those ropes and stand in that ring, I'm better known as the Showstoppin' Senorita herself, Mariah. I don’t like to brag, but I held championship gold within the singles and tag team divisions for ZXWWF, GZWA, and NBW. I’m an equal opportunity ass-kicker and have no qualms about stepping in the ring with men nor women. I have even had a hand in training other champions, such as Jessica Matthews and Risa Jackson, who continue to impress me with their evolution of the game.

Tonight is a special occasion, a new beginning… I suppose an evolution of sorts for my own life. When the last promotion I proudly wrestled for closed it's doors two years ago, I told myself that "Mariah" was done wrestling and I was going to figure out what Marisol Francesca Cruz wants to do with her life. Truth be told, but I don't have a better answer to that question than I did back then. I found myself at a crossroads in life. The wheels keep spinning but I don’t know where to go next.

As fate would have it, an opportunity came up that I couldn't pass up. Chantelle Chambers let the world know that she was going to be hanging up the boots soon and I wanted to check off something off my bucket list - to share a ring with her, not as her ally but as her opponent.

I doubt many GCW fans would recognize me watching from the crowd as a fan for several of Chantelle's matches over the years. I would leave from the arenas while working for other companies, namely GZWA, and take the first flight out of town just to make it to wherever GCW would be next for I could watch Chantelle do what she does best in that ring. It's no secret that Chantelle and I have been friends in and out of the wrestling business. She was even the first talent that I had the honor of signing to my business endeavor, Divinity Unlimited. I never even finished telling her my entire pitch for the company and she wanted to be part of it. That's the kind of person that Chantelle was to me - she believed in my dreams and always lifted me up when and where she could. Now it's my turn to return the favor. It's my turn to lift her up the only way I know how in this situation: I'm going to give her the best fight that I can.

We have never shared the same ring in our careers - until now. I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit that I'm nervous about getting this opportunity - in the main event no less. I won't take this opportunity lightly. I can't afford to give Chantelle anything but my best.

"Mariah" won't be making an appearance, but I promise that Marisol won't let her fans nor my dear friend down. I have been training for this match for a very long time.

Tonight's not about breaking any new ground nor setting any milestones. Tonight is about standing toe-to-toe against the legend herself. I've wrestled with a lot of legends in my career. I've won some, I've lost some, but at the end of the day, there's not a single person who has faced me in the squared circle that hasn't been pushed to their limits. I want to bring out the best out of Chantelle Chambers and experience firsthand what the Sovereign is capable of. I know she always says "All Eyes On Me" but I think all eyes will be on both of us after we set that ring ablaze in the spirit of competition.

I invite you all in the GCW universe to feast your eyes on this one night only spectacle and take note. Matches like this may not come around regularly, but who knows, maybe this might not be the last that you will see of the Showstoppin' Senorita."

==

(The lights turn a violent shade of red for the next contest, as strobe lighting goes off. The intro to Within Temptation’s “The Howling” kicks in as the big screen lights up with the name ‘Kayla Marie S. Jones’.)

We've been seeing what you wanted,
Got us cornered right now
Falling asleep from our vanity
May cost us our lives

I hear them getting closer
Their howls are sending chills down my spine
And time is running out now,
They're coming down the hills from behind

When we start killing
It's all coming down right now
From the nightmare we've created
I want to be awakened somehow
(Wanna be awakened right now)

(Out from behind the curtain steps Kayla Jones, a broad smile upon her face as she stretches out a fist in the air. She slowly begins to make her way down to the ring; arms outstretched as she high fives some of the fans at the barriers.)

When we start killing
It all will be falling down
From the hell that we're in
All we are is fading away
When we start killing

We've been searching all night long
But there's no trace to be found
It's like they all have just vanished
But I know they're around

Robert E. Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome KAYLA JONES SNOW!

I feel them getting closer
And time is running out now

When we start killing
It's all coming down right now
From the nightmare we've created
I want to be awakened somehow
(Wanna be awakened right now)

(Kayla reaches ringside, making a lap around the ring as she meets and greets some of her fans along the way. She hops up onto the apron, rising her fist in the air once more before flipping over the ropes. She spins on the spot, before dropping to her knees, arms stretched into the air as a blast of pyro emits from each of the four turnbuckles.)

When we start killing
It all will be falling down
From the hell that we're in
All we are is fading away
When we start killing
When we start killing!

I feel them getting closer
And time is running out now,

Kayla: The Kayla Jones Farewell Tour is making a stop right here in San Jose, California!

(The crowd cheers loudly. Kayla smirks and nods her head, acknowledging the fans.)

Kayla: The last time you guys saw me, I was competing in the Civil War Match. I didn’t win it…hell, I didn’t even place..but I’d like to think I made a pretty strong showing for myself. And from battling talented newcomers like Alexander Jones and Danielle Page, my own nieces Marie and Kim, and even the woman who would eventually go on to win it all, Julia Braddock…I realize that this great company that I helped build is going to be just fine whenever I do hang up the boots for good, because the talent here is so strong and so promising. But competing with the talent here in GCW made me realize something else. Resurrection V, I got to compete in one of the first ever Global X Matches. Resurrection VI, my sister and I won the Undisputed GCW Tag Team Championship, Resurrection VII The Sisterhood threw down with Glory and Julia Braddock, Resurrection VIII I teamed up with my husband Trenton for the first time, Resurrection IX I defended the Heritage Title against Kat Kelly, and of course I can’t forget the one time I main evented Resurrection. It was Resurrection III when I defended the GCW World Championship against Andreas Lasiewicz.

(She smiles warmly as she remembers the moments.)

Kayla: But I still want one more Resurrection moment. And not just any Resurrection moment, I want the kind of Resurrection moment that will live on in the minds of people forever. I want the world to look back on Resurrection XI and remember it as one of my finest performances. I want to take someone and put on one of the best matches in GCW history. And trust me, I will make it happen. I am the kind of person that I can put on a five star match with a cheese sandwich. That’s a fact!

(The crowd pops loudly.)

Kayla: The only question in my mind is who will it be? Maybe it will be a veteran and together the two of us will put on a clinic for the young kids out there just breaking into the business? Or maybe I can fight one of the young up and coming talents recently signed to GCW? You want to be famous in GCW? One match with me and I will make you famous because I will give you the match of a lifetime! So what I am doing right now is throwing down the gauntlet. Anyone in the GCW roster…or hell, anyone not on the roster, anyone who just wants to come over for one night only…anyone who wants to fight me at Resurrection XI just step on up to the plate and take your best shot. But just ask yourself this…can you go the distance with THE GCW ORIGINAL? Can you hang with Kayla Jones? And furthermore, make sure you have a good dental plan, because I will kick your teeth right down your throat!

(Kayla drops the mic and walks off.)

==

We cut to the backstage area. Destiny Skye is there, not dressed to compete obviously but here nevertheless. Destiny is wearing denim jeans, sandals, and a black GCW t-shirt. She is seated on a comfy chair in the trainer’s room. Next to her stands her best friend Julia Braddock. The Kensington Knockout and 2022 Civil War Match winner is dressed in a black knee length skirt, black open toed high heel pumps, and a lace pink blouse. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders.

Destiny: I wish you would calm down, Jules…

Julia: And I wish you would not have come to Livewire tonight.

Braddock motions to Destiny’s leg.

Julia: Your leg is still hurt.

Destiny: Is it at 100%? No, but I am cleared to compete. And while I am not competing tonight, I am going to be here. What is it you said? You want to be committed to GCW? Well I’m of the same mindset. If I can be here, I will be here. And I can be here.

Braddock sighs.

Julia: Fair enough. But you could be target.

Destiny: Of who? Kayl?

Julia: Possibly. Anyone who has a grudge against me for some bloody reason is a potential suspect to attack you. Kayl is obsessed with fighting me for some reason, probably still sore that I beat her in the Civil War Match. Then there’s Clyde Sutter, who just outright hates my family in general. He just signed a GCW contract. Who knows when that idiot will strike? And lastly there’s Kelsai…

Destiny: That’s who you should be focusing on, mate. Kelsai is your Resurrection opponent. You are challenging for the GCW Global Championship. You should be focused on her.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Oh I am definitely focused on her. I am going to Resurrection, I am going choke her out, and I am going to leave as the GCW Global Champion. But…

The Kensington Knockout cannot finish her thought. She is interrupted when GCW roving reporter Janelle St. Claire approaches with microphone in hand.

Janelle: Excuse me, ladies, but may I please ask Julia a question?

Braddock turns to face Janelle.

Julia: Shoot…

Janelle: Well I would like your comments about the closing moments of Shotgun when Brittany Kayl attacked Destiny Skye?

Julia: Y’know, Janelle, I told Queenie that I had no problem fighting her any time she wanted. Hell, I told her that many times and yet she still wants to resort to these kinds of tactics, whether it’s attacking me from behind or attacking my friends. I really am not a hard person to find and I will not turn down any challenge. All Queenie had to do was ask. But instead she tried to get at me through the people I care about. So on Shotgun Queenie will get her wish, she will get the fight she wants, but she had better be careful what she wishes for, because she pissed me off and now I am not looking to win, I am looking to tear her damn head off by any means necessary.

Janelle: And what about your Resurrection opponent, Kelsai Adamson-Mason?

Braddock chuckles softly.

Julia: Every single time I hear her talk it is like listening to a broken record. It is the same tired old bullshit over and over again on repeat. Do you want to know why the people boo you, hate you, and have such utter disdain for you, Kelsai? Part of it is because you are boring. You are boring, you are dull, you say the same shit over and over again. Get new material for god’s sake! But sometimes when you dealing with petulant children you have to humor them. So if you want to keep bringing up my past then I will gladly humor you. Am I good person?

Braddock shakes her head.

Julia: No, I am not. I am far from perfect. I have been on the side of the devil before on more than one occasion. I have gone to some very dark places in my life. So I don’t pretend to be a saint. I don’t pretend to be anyone’s hero. I’m just a wrestler, a damn good wrestler, who does the very best she can for this company, for its fans, and for the sport of professional wrestling as a whole. This sport has been good to me, it has given back to me when I didn’t deserve anything. So all I want to do is give back to this sport. I want to leave it in a better place. That’s who I am. I’m an imperfect, tough as nails, stubborn bitch.

Julia points a finger at the camera.

Julia: But YOU…you’re just a fake. You talk about how you care about the fans and this company but that’s complete and utter bullshit. That’s another reason why the people rejected you, that’s another reason why they boo you and why they hate you. These people are smart. They are intelligent and they can see through your lies. They can see through that veil of conceit and arrogance you are wearing. You want to talk about me and my reign of terror when I was Chastity? You are worse than Chastity ever was. Now if you want to continue living in the past and pretending to be something you’re not then fine, but all you’re doing is making it easier and easier for me to beat you at Resurrection. Because this narrative you’re attempting to create, where you are the hero facing the villainous Chastity of two years ago is not going to work out in your favor. That model of me is dead and buried. Hell, last year’s model of me, the one that won the Civil War Match, put on a match of the year candidate with Nadia Allen, and then went on to defeat the longest reigning Global Champion in history and newly enshrined Hall of Famer Lenore, that model of me is dead and buried too. I’m like evolution itself, mate. I keep evolving, I keep changing, I keep getting better. And this current present day version of me, this is the absolute best version of The Kensington Knockout that has ever existed. And if you prepare for the out of date Chastity or even last year’s out of date Julia Braddock, if you live in the past with those two, then you are setting yourself up for failure. And at Resurrection, I will smoke you and make it look easy. That’s what will happen at Resurrection XI unless you pull your head out of your ass and recognize the reality that is staring you right in the face…

Braddock scowls.

Julia: …the reality is that I am going to beat the living hell out of you at Resurrection.

Julia turns back to Janelle.

Julia: We’re done here.

With that Janelle walks away and the scene fades.

==

[In a locker room we see D'Nae Moore and Jeffrey Alexander, as D'Nae is finishing up getting ready for her World Championship Contenders Tournament match. Already in her gear, she sits on a bench finishing up the laces on her boots. Jeff rubs her shoulders as she does.]

D'Nae: “Everything about tonight is so weird.”

Jeff: “What do you mean?”

D'Nae: “First of all, I've never been on Livewire before. Secondly... I'm not the Heritage Champion anymore-”

Jeff: “Cause that bitch and her lil bitch stole it from you.”

[D'Nae pulls the laces on her right foot harder in anger.]

D'Nae: “I know that bae, but the fact they cheated doesn't change the other fact that Danielle Page is walking around with MY belt!”

[Jeff rubs D'Nae's shoulders a little harder, going closer to her neck. This seems to calm her down some, she tilts her head and closes her eyes.]

Jeff: “It doesn't. But the world saw what happened, everybody knows Danielle didn't really beat you. Even Tabs knows that, she put you in this tournament, didn't she?”

D'Nae: “That's the other weird thing about tonight. I never thought I'd be anywhere close to getting a shot at the World Championship already.”

[Jeff gently grabs D'Nae's head from behind, turning her to look back, while he leans over, meeting her halfway over her shoulder.]

Jeff: “That's bull. You were second place in Civil War last year.”

D'Nae: “That's true... but look at this year! I let Raynes distract me and got knocked out cause I was fighting with him. And now the fool done left and I can't do shit about it.”

Jeff: “Yes you can, bae. You can start winning your match tonight, then winning the whole damn tournament. Then.... when you face Kelsai Adamson-Mason at Resurrection? Beat. Dat. Ass.”

[D'Nae smiles, and Jeff gives her a kiss before letting go of her face so she can turn back around. He resumes rubbing her shoulders, and she switches to her left boot, to tighten and tie.]

D'Nae: “You make it sound so easy, but I know it's not. Being Tag Champion wasn't easy. Being Heritage Champion was even harder. World Champion? Ima have to work this fine ass off, and that's ig I get past tonight.”

Jeff: “Tonight is the easy part. You already beat Geneva Alan once. And Derek Powers? His bark is bigger than his bite. You can take em down. It'll get harder after that though, you ain't wrong about that. But... I'm still betting on you.”

D'Nae: “You have to say that, you going home with me.”

Jeff: “I'd say it even if I wasn't. I trained you, I know what you can do, how hard you can push yourself when you have something to prove. As good as I know you, you wanna prove that Danielle Page doesn't matter, she can have that lil Heritage title, cause you... my girl.... were meant for bigger things. Look at her stunt as a blessing. If you was still Heritage Champion, Tabs wouldn't'na put you in this.”

D'Nae: “You probably right about that.”

Jeff: “You know I am. Like I said... bigger things.”

[D'Nae finishes with her boots and stands up, facing her man, a smirk on her face as she looks him up and down real quick.]

D'Nae: “Hey, I already got the biggest thing in the locker room.”

Jeff: “Damn right you do. And after Resurrection, Ima have a World Champion in my bed. That'll be a first for me.”

D'Nae: “No shit?”

Jeff: “No shit.”

D'Nae: “Well... that's just extra motivation then. Lemme go kick some ass to get all that started.”

Jeff: “That's what I been trying to tell you! You got this. Ain't nothing weird about it.”

[D'Nae smiles big, then grabs Jeff's face under the chin and plants a kiss on him, as the scene cuts away.]

==

Tournament Match:
Geneva Alan Vs D’Nae Moore Vs Derek Powers

[Derek Powers was enraged with Geneva Alan, so he quickly shoved D’Nae to the ground and went right after Geneva. The two began trading rights and lefts. Moore didn’t appreciate the treatment so she pulled Powers off and started throwing rights of her own. Now it is a double team, Geneva and D’Nae working over Derek. The two women then double suplex Derek. D’Nae and Geneva with a high-low double team and then a double superkick finally sends Derek tumbling to the outside. Geneva then betrays the temporary alliance, raking D’Nae’s eyes and then planting her with a face buster. Geneva with a swinging neck breaker and then a standing moonsault. She covers but Derek pulls Geneva out of the ring right at the one count. Derek whips Geneva into the steel steps. Derek with a belly to back suplex on the outside. Derek sets Geneva up for a piledriver on the outside but D’Nae with a corkscrew plancha over the top taking him out. D’Nae pulls him up and smashes him face first into the steel steps. She rolls Derek back into the ring. D’Nae with Flip The Script. She covers…1…2…Kickout!]

[Geneva Alan back into the ring. She drills Moore with a superkick. She goes for an Irish whip into the corner. Geneva rushes in for a stinger splash but Moore moves out of the way at the last second! D’Nae with Straight From The A! D’Nae turns around into Winning Smile! Derek drills Moore with Powers To Be. He then goes after Geneva, his real target. He sets her up for a Powers Driver but Geneva counters with a low blow at the last possible second.]

[Geneva plants him with a ddt. Before she can perform any further offense D’Nae comes up from behind and snaps off a quick release German suplex, planting Geneva on the back of her head. D’Nae with Mooregasm to Powers! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: D’Nae Moore

==

[Somewhere backstage, Dianna Kruse and Gloria Velasquez stand side by side, staring directly at the camera. Dianna has her red and black robe while Gloria wears a black form fitting dress.]

Gloria: Oh GCW! Bueno nochas!

[Gloria crosses her arms and smirks.]

Gloria: Resurrection is coming, cabrons! Everyone is talking about Julia Braddock and Kelsai Adamson Mason. Both of them are always talking, talking, talking.

[She shakes her head.]

Dianna: I don't know who talks more. Mutts or them?

Gloria: At least with mutts you can put the muzzle on them.

[Gloria chuckles. Dianna shakes her head.]

Dianna: So much time is dedicated to those two just stroking their egos. It's exhausting. I feel as if I'm being physically, mentally and psychologically assaulted by their constant talking. GCW doesn't pay for me to withstand all of this.

Gloria: Look at what you've done, cabrons? Dianna has been uncomfortable with these try hards taking up so much time.

Dianna: And you dolts lap all of this up too. You love Julia parading out there and droning on and on and one again. You let her get away with this.

Gloria: Terrible.

Dianna; I agree.

Gloria: And I think GCW, all of you in the crowd, have forgotten about this badass right here. This WOMAN right here. The most honorable professional wrestler in GCW. 2020 Newcomer of the Year. The greatest North American Champion ever. Dianna Kruse is standing right here. But all you cabrons are just lost.

Dianna; Not surprising. Can't be too upset over something you expected. Luckily, this tournament is the perfect chance for me to remind all of you and everyone in the back why I am a pro wrestling expert. Gloria wasn't lying when she said I was the most honorable. I'm the most courageous, the most virtuous woman in this company.

[Dianna stands up straight.]

Dianna: My opponent, who is so desperate to find meaning, that she changed her government name because she won a beauty pageant once, will never understand. Don't misquote me. I admire beauty. But true beauty, true strength, is being comfortable with who you are. Miss America, you have a role. You're a nice little second tier pro wrestler. You've won some titles. But you say it all the time. All the chances you've missed. All the opportunities you've let slip through your fingers, Bragging about eliminating the World Champion?

[Dianna chuckles.]

Dianna: Cute. But you didn't win, did you? You have to cling to moral victories. You have to cling to any victories you've had in your life. Hence you name, correct? Because you won something once, now it's your identity. My indeinity is tied with excellence, class, dignity. And all of 2021, I was pushed to the background. No more. I will beat you. Take your arm with the Aurora. I will advance in this tournament and I will win. And then i will go to Resurrection and shut up Julia Braddock and Kelsai on back to back nights. I am the hero you all don't deserve but have.

Gloria: that's true.

Dianna: Thank me in advance now while you can.

[Dianna walks away as Gloria smirks and follows her.]

==

Miss America: “Since day one, this has been the dream.”

The scene opens up to a montage of Miss America training.

MA: “Anyone who signs the dotted line, who steps into the ring, dreams of being in the main event… of being Champion. So to have the opportunity to do that at Resurrection, the biggest stage in Global Championship Wrestling means the world. It also means the world is watching, but I’m used to that…”

Images of Miss America in beauty pageants and early in her career are shown.

MA: “After all, I’m Miss America. So to listen to these other individuals… former Champions, former Resurrection main eventers… talk as though this tournament is a done deal… to hear them talk as though they are guaranteed victory? I take that personally. I’m not going to be dismissed. I’m not going to be kicked out again and left to watch from the outside while the same old names get the chance to do the same old things. Because truth be told? I’m sick and damned tired of watching the revolving door of the same people get the breaks. I’m tired of watching those individuals get ahead while I’m left waiting for my turn. So I ain’t waiting anymore. I’m busting through the revolving door and I’m taking the opportunity that I deserve! And if those who feel entitled to it want to whine after the fact? Tough shit.”

The scene shows Miss America, standing in front of the American flag.

MA: “I ain’t backing down. I ain’t giving up. I’m going in one hundred percent… the American way. All in, baby. And when it’s all said and done, I’m punching MY ticket to Resurrection! That’s the dream…”

The scene fades to black…

==

Tournament Match:
Miss America Vs Dianna Kruse

[Dianne Kruse attacks Miss America before the opening bell, pummelling her in the corner and then stomping away. Referee Shawn Pack doesn’t even bother asking if Miss America can go, he just calls for the bell. Dianna plants Miss America with a double arm ddt and then covers…1…2…Kickout! Dianna with an arm ddt and then applies an arm bar. Miss America struggles in the hold for a while before reaching the ropes. Kruse throws her to the outside. Shawn Pack is being very lenient and lax with the rules as Kruse whips Miss America shoulder first into the steel ring post. Kruse rolls her back into the ring. Kruse reapplies the arm bar. Again Miss America reaches the ropes after a few agonizing moments.]

[Kruse goes for another ddt but Miss America counters with a Northern Lights release suplex. Miss America with a spinning heel kick. Miss America with an American Leg Sweep! Miss America with Fireworks! She covers…1…2…Kickout by Kruse! Miss America pulls her up but Kruse rakes the eyes. She goes for Gloria and connects! She covers…1…2…3NOOO! Miss America gets a foot on the bottom rope! Kruse is incensed and shoves Shawn Pack, arguing about the count. She pulls Miss America up but she counters into a small package…1…2…Kickout! Kruse goes for a lariat but Miss America ducks and then delivers a pele kick! Miss America with The American Dream locked in! Kruse struggles to get to the ropes but she can’t quite reach…slowly but surely she succumbs to the sleeper and Shawn Pack is forced to call for the bell!]
WINNER: Miss America

==

Backstage…

Chantelle: “Okay… I just want tonight to go perfect. Make sure it’s all in place and…”

Chantelle is distracted amidst her conversation with her manager, Broderick Chase, by the approach of Roderick Osborn. She rolls her eyes.

Chantelle: “And what do YOU want?”

Osborn: “Excuse me, Chantelle, Brod… I was wondering if you two had any comment on the words from Mariah Starr earlier tonight regarding the status of Isabella Harker?”

Chantelle looks to The Brod, who looks to her. Suddenly, the pair burst out in laughter.

Chantelle: “I’m sorry… we really shouldn’t laugh, but what is she expecting? Sympathy? Look at everything Harker had done in the last what? Two years? Her run with HER-story Makers? Starting this Global Elite? And suddenly WE are supposed to feel sympathy because she experienced exactly what I warned about?”

Osborn: “This is very ser…”

Chantelle: “No… okay? She knew what the possibility was. She knew what our endgame would be, and if she had her way she would have done the exact same thing. They’re crying now because Harker wasn’t able to pull it off before I was. That’s all. But I don’t want to talk about THAT Mariah anymore. I don’t care about what she has to say. We are in my last couple of months in GCW so we’re going to talk about me.”

Osborn: “Well, tonight you have a very special challenge match as your good friend, Mariah Francesca Cruz, comes to GCW special for this dream match.”

Chantelle smiles.

Chantelle: “Yes, Mimi and I go way back. She and I… we’re tight. We had always talked about a night like this arising, where she and I would encapsulate the fullest of spotlights, attention worthy of women such as us. Tonight is that night. I know that Mariah has the jitters. She hasn’t been in the ring for two years now. But this tonight? This is a moment in time to be taken and venerated for all time. We’re going to put on a show, and in the end, the eyes will be on the both of us. And nothing can spoil this night.”

Chantelle smirks, patting Roderick on the cheek condescendingly as she strides off. The Brod steps beside him and, into his ear…

Brod: “WOOOOOOOO!”

…before following her. Roderick sticks his finger in his ear to scrub it out as the scene fades.

==

Main Event
Special Challenge Match
Marisol Francesca Cruz Vs Chantelle Chambers

[The two tie up in the center of the ring. Cruz goes to a side headlock. Chantelle counters out of it with a belly to back suplex. Chantelle with a arm drag, a hip toss, and a dropkick. Chantelle goes for a clothesline but Cruz counters with Migrate, her side effect variant. Marisol with a high angle hip toss and then an arm wrench heel kick combo. Cruz with Charmbracelet for the pin…1…2…Kickout! Marisol goes for Bloody Queen but Chantelle ducks out of the way and then hooks her for a full nelson release suplex. Chantelle with a Heart Break. Chantelle then applies Leglock du Louvre. Cruz doesn’t give in despite the pain. She fights towards the ropes and after about a minute she does reach the ropes.]

[Chantelle whips her into the ropes and then connects with Flash. Chantelle with a snap suplex and then floats over into the cover…1…2…Kickout! Chantelle pulls Cruz up and goes for All Eyes On Me but Cruz counters out of it with The Sweetest Sin. Cruz with Kiss The Carpet. Marisol climbs to the top and leaps off with The Phoenix Splash! The cover…1…2…3NOO! Chantelle kicks out! Cruz sets up for a snap suplex but Chantelle floats over and applies a sleeper. Cruz counters out of it with a jaw breaker. Marisol hits the ropes and springboards off into a hurricinrana! Cruz goes to the top and comes off with a moonsault for a cover..1…2…3NOOO! Chantelle again kicks out!]

[Chantelle starts to sit up. Cruz starts to throw rapid fire Kawada Kicks to the face. But Chambers manages to catch one of her feet, trip her up, and then apply a leg grapevine on the leg she had already worked on earlier. Cruz still refuses to quit but Chantelle keeps the hold locked in tight. Eventually Cruz manages to reach the ropes but by now the damage has been done. Marisol can barely stand up. Chantelle gets caught by a back elbow from Cruz. She goes for Heartbreaker but stumbles, as her leg gives out. Chantelle seizes the opportunity and takes Marisol and snaps off All Eyes On Me! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Chantelle Chambers

[Chantelle helps Marisol to her feet. The two friends embrace and enjoy the moment of their match this evening. Suddenly Mariah hits the ring from behind the two. She chop blocks Cruz’s leg. Chantelle pulls Mariah off but Mariah decks her with a right hand and then throws her shoulder first into the steel ring post. Chantelle staggers out of the corner and then Mariah connects with Starr Struck, flooring Chantelle. Mariah measures Marisol as she pulls herself up and then delivers Starr Struck yet again, flooring Marisol! Mariah is left standing over her two fallen foes in the ring as the shows closes.]