Livewire 11.11

randy

Livewire 11.11

Post by randy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:00 am

Robert E Lee: "GCW fans, at this time please welcome... the NEW GCW Unified World Champion.... D'Nae Moore!"

["Gimme More" begins and D'Nae Moore walks out. She's removed the braids from her hair, replaced with a blue to silver fade. She carries both the Global and World Championship belts that she grabbed to win the Ladder Match at For Glory and Gold, the World is around her waist, the Global over her shoulder, one hand holding it steady. Jeffrey Alexander steps out behind her, and takes her free hand, walking at her side down the ramp. D'Nae is all smiles at the cheering crowd, with a little dance in her step to her music as they go to the ring. Jeff goes up the steps first, and holds the ropes open for D'Nae. He holds the Global belt briefly for her as she steps through, then hands it back. Jeff remains in the corner as D'Nae goes to the middle of the ring. She holds the Global belt overhead, and grabs the World around her waist with her other hand, and wiggles it a bit. The crowd cheers louder. We see Jeff in the corner clapping. He then gets a mic from the ring announcer, and hands it to D'Nae. Her music fades out.]

D'Nae: "Hey y'all!"

[More cheers.]

D'Nae: "When I told y'all I was gonna be here, I knew what I wanted to say, and what I need to do... but I had no idea they was having me open the show. Guess it's one of the perks of being World Champion, huh?"

[This draws applause, and a faint "you deserve it" chant. D'Nae smiles and laughs a little. She points to the area of the crowd the chant was coming from.]

D'Nae: "I hear you, thank you. For real."

[Pausing to collect herself and enjoy the atmosphere for a few moments, D'Nae takes a deep breath and the crowd quiets as she prepares to speak more.]

D'Nae: "First thing I gotta say about all this is.... Kelsai and Julia? They some tough bitches. And I use the word bitch right now as a compliment. I know I made a big deal about how Kelsai always had someone in her corner, pulling tricks, making sure she came out on top. I have to give her some credit here, she came to fight on her own. And damn, did she fight. I know how sore I was after the match was over, and she took a few harder falls than I did, so I know she was hurting. Babygirl, you and me might never see eye to eye anymore, but I got to say I respect the way you handled yourself at For Glory and Gold."

[D'Nae gives a small nod, drawing a mixed reaction.]

D'Nae: "Julia. Much respect to you, too, my girl. You came into that match, with this-"

She holds up the Global belt for a moment.

D'Nae: "-ready to give it everything you had to defend it, keep it, and unify these titles yourself. At the end it could easily have been you, I just saw my opening and took it. I respected you before, but even more now after just how much you gave."

[More applause.]

D'Nae: "In the end though, it was me on top that ladder pulling these down. It almost didn't feel real, it was like I dreamed it and it popped out my head into real life. But it's real. I finally got to the top of the ladder... literally and figuratively. I got two things to say to everyone who's followed me from the beginning. If you've been on my side, had my back, supported me... this is because of you and FOR you. Especially you, bae."

[D'Nae turns and points at Jeff in the corner with a smile. He puts his hand on his chest, then points at her. D'Nae turns back to the camera.]

D'Nae: "But. If you been talkin shit, saying I'll never get this far, I'm not good enough... this was IN SPITE of you, and I hope you enjoy all that salt on top of the words you eating."

[The crowd roars and cheers. We see Jeff in the corner with a smirk on his face.]

D'Nae: "Now.... there is the business of the fact I'm holding two physical belts, but these championships are unified. There is only the GCW World Championship. I recently had a meeting with Tabitha Silverstone about what to do with this. Seeing as how I'm the champion, she gave me some options.

One, I could just continue to carry both belts, since I grabbed them and earned them. But... that ain't me. It seems gaudy and arrogant. I ain't never gonna claim to be humble, cause I'm a woman who's always proud of my accomplishments, but I ain't conceited. So... keeping both is out.

Tabitha also offered me the chance to have a brand new World Championship belt made. To represent a new era of GCW, with unified championships and a unified roster going forward. She made a good pitch... she really did. I admit a few design ideas came to mind. I took a day or two to think about it. But that didn't sit right with me, either."

[D'Nae drapes the Global belt over her arm, and removes the World from her waist, then holds that one up.]

D'Nae: "This belt right here, the World Championship... it has a history. It has a lineage. It's the title I won a whole tournament for, was screwed out of, then finally was able to claim. That means something to me. These belts aren't just decoration. They're a representation of everything that each champion who ever held it went through to be ABLE to hold it. And I can't just throw that away, in favor of something shiny and new. This?"

[D'Nae holds the World Championship belt up again.]

D'Nae: "This is my belt. My name is finally on the long list of champions who have held it and I'm not gonna erase that lineage, that heritage."

[D'Nae waves Jeff over, and she hands him the World Championship belt to hold for her. She then holds up the Global belt, not up to the fans or the camera, but to across her hands, up to herself to look at it. She smiles, then finally holds it up to the crowd.]

D'Nae: "This, the Global Championship, has it's own lineage too. Seven years worth of champions. I feel like all that would be erased if we just made a new belt and tossed these aside. I have too much respect for Julia Braddock, the last Global Champion, to do that. Instead... I'm gonna retire this championship belt. Right here, in this ring, with the respect it and all those champions deserve."

[The crowd murmurs as D'Nae lowers the belt in her hands. She folds the straps underneath the faceplate neatly, then lays the belt down in the center of the ring, faceplate facing the camera. She kisses her fingertips, then touches the belt before rising and stepping back. The crowd applauds as the camera focuses on the faceplate of the Global Championship for the last time. When the shot cuts back to D'Nae, she has the World Championship back in her possession. Jeff quickly helps her fasten it back around her waist, then the couple exit the ring. No music, just the pair walking up the ramp, leaving the Global Championship belt behind. We cut to a wide shot of the ring, the belt in the middle, as the crowd applauds in appreciation.]

--

[The sound of static can be heard and seen on screen.]

[Sitting on the steps inside the arena is M.A.E.V.E, dressed in black overalls with a yellow shirt underneath. Akeem has his back on the wall to the left, a black Gucci t-shirt with black shorts and a Gucci buckle. Savino stands in front of both, in his ring gear with a towel over his head.]

Savino: There's a lot of noise going around. Lot of talk. lot of tag teams huffing and puffing and speaking with their chest. Everyone wants the same thing. All of us are looking up. Your favorite tag team. You least favorite tag team. Everyone in between. We look up and we see Fabulous with the tag straps. That's who we're all trying to get to.

[Savino removes the towel off his head, sweating dripping from his face.]

Savino; K20, you two chirp the most. You're slick. That's what you guys are. There's always some scheme y'all trying to pull. Any shortcut, y'all right there. We know your names. On your shelves, a couple of titles to your name. The thing is, the people know what they see. A great tag team. Hell of a tag team. However, the type of team where souls look funny in the light.

Maybe that's why you gotta remind people of what you've done. The record should speak for itself, you would think? With the titles that you guys have won, that should be speaking loud. But we see what you guys do. We all see how you move the way you guys move. Anyone can cheat. Anyone can maneuver through those shortcuts. Not everyone is built for the grind.

And that's the question, K20?

Is that you?

[Savino's eyes narrow towards the camera.]

Savino: Is that in you? All answers are revealed in the ring. There is no hiding. There is no shortcuting, no half stepping. You can't fight the funk. Over here, we move silently. Every day, in the gym, we're working. We don't have to tell people that over and over again like y'all. Because we show it. We play the game the way it should be played. If you're good and you know what you're putting in, you don't need the extras.

Truth be told, we could cut ahead of all y'all. Keem got the briefcase. We can call our shot anytime. We got the freedom. But that's not how we move.

[Akeem raises an eyebrow while Savino glares at the camera.]

Savino: We'll just be straight up. We're not going to use this when the champs are down after a match or they got jumped. We mean what we say. Y'all know the Code by now. That's not in your DNA. Me, Keem, M.A.E.V.E., we're not afraid of the grind. We respect the game. K20, all the tricks up y'all sleeves ain't gon save you from me and Keem. Because you know, you only got three options with us.

Tap.

Snap.

Or nap.

Choice is yours.

See y'all out there.

[FIN]

--

Kowloon [Akeem The Supreme and Savino] Vs K20 [Karen Eldon & Olly]
[Akeem with a front kick, a bicycle kick, and a back fist to Olly. Akeem with a knee strike to Olly. Akeem hits the ropes but Karen gets a cheap shot in. Olly with a headbutt and then a bicycle knee strike. Olly tags out to Karen. Olly and Karen with a high-low double team. Karen covers but Akeem kicks out. Karen with a swinging neck breaker. She tags back out to Olly. Olly goes for a suplex but Akeem counters into a suplex of his own. Akeem tags out to Savino. Savino with a lariat and then an exploder suplex. He whips Olly into the ropes. Karen blind tags in. Savino with a power slam. But Karen in with a spear. Just then a raven comes flying in from the rafters. Marty McMahon and Jake “The Heartthrob” Storm from commentary point out that this is Alexa the Raven, Anastasia Starling’s Raven. The bird screeches and squawks at Karen throwing her horribly off balance. Olly gets up and then the bird chases after him pecking at his head. Olly is ran out of the ring by the bird. Meanwhile Savino capitalizes on the distraction with a death valley driver. Karen turns around into Brazilian Kick from Akeem. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: Kowloon

[While Akeem and Savino celebrate, the raven flies up to the rafters and it perches on Ana's shoulder.]

--

We cut backstage where we find the wild haired man in a purple suit, The Man of a Thousand Nicknames himself, Leviticus. Captain Capitalism finds in between a Fabulous sandwich, pardon the pun. To his right stands Summer Collins and to his left stands Jessica Lasiewicz. The duo known as Fabulous are wearing their matching tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleader uniform wrestling gear with “Fabulous” printed on the front.

Leviticus: Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Leviticus and I am The Maharajah of Marketing but more specifically I am the marketing guru for your brand new Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions! I may have been absent Saturday, but there is good reason for that. I was busy wheeling and dealing, negotiating plans for a brand new feature film called The Credible Sulk! Coming to a movie venue near you!

Lasiewicz smacks him in the back of his head.

Leviticus: Owww….uh, right, sorry! Back to business. It is my distinct honor and privilege to introduce to you Summer Collins and Jessica Lasiewicz, they are…

Summer & Jessica: …ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

Jessica and Summer high five one another.

Jessica: Thank you, St. Levi…yes, we did exactly what we said we were going to do. We went into For Glory & Gold and became the new GCW World Tag Team Champions. And as much as we wanted to once again be champions…I can honestly say that I am not proud of how we won them. Interference from Olly and Karen ruined what was quickly turning into a tag team classic. Their interference screwed up what was easily a match of the year candidate. And because of those two clowns I am the beneficiary of another screwjob on my own family member. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?

A look of sheer hatred forms upon her face.

Jessica: I am livid. I am pissed off. Karen and Olly will get theirs, you can bet on that. But before that happens we will first make things right for Ana and Skylar. Silverstone, I hope you’re listening, because I want SkyBird to get the first tag title match against us. That is the one and only way to make this right. So make it happen!

Summer: Now unlike Jess, I did not lose as much sleep over that…

Lasiewicz smacks her in the back of the head.

Summer: Oww…anyway, but I do agree with her, and I also want SkyBird to be our first challengers. They have earned it and they deserve it. And Jess and I have no problems defending these titles against them. We will be fighting champions and face anyone who is gutsy enough to step up to the plate and challenge us. The fact is that we have held this tag team division upon our back since day one. Do you think we would be at all concerned over the growing tag team division here in GCW? SkyBird…

Jessica: Bring it on.

Summer: Alan Family…

Summer: K2O…

Summer: McBride Corporation…

Summer: Even Julia Braddock and Destiny Skye, SkyeLife…oh, wait, you DID bring it on and what you brought just wasn’t good enough now was it? Seems like you two have other issues to deal with, issues with Kelsai and her friends. Why don’t you take care of your personal issues and when you actually have time to devote yourselves to tag team wrestling, give us a call. Until then keep your asses out of our tag team division.

Jessica: Summer’s right, we will fight anyone. But the team we want right now is Ana and Skylar. Give them the shot they deserve, Silverstone. We will make it right, we will settle this, and in the process we will prove that our reign as champions isn’t a gift from K2O. We will have EARNED these belts because we are the best tag team in professional wrestling today.

--

"They say that you can learn from defeat... I say whomever came up with that phrase is an utter fool."

The first words that come out of the voice of the leader of The Alan Family, Matt Alan. His soldiers surrounding him, Matt doesn't seem pleased... but strangely, he doesn't seem very angry, either.

Matt: Here's the facts... My men, Devastation, are no longer the Undisputed Tag-Team Champions. No, the titles are now currently held by the team of Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins, 'Fabulous'. Let me 'congratulate' you two young ladies...

Matt gives a slow and sarcastic clap.

Matt: Now, if I were one to whine and complain, I could point out that it was neither Lester nor Duke you pinned, but one-half of SkyBird, Skylar Rayner. I could do that... but I won't. The fact is, you are the champions. I'm sure you'll talk about how you're the greatest tag-team of all time, how you proved your superiority, and so on... so do feel free to do all that. Give yourselves a pat on the back, because you are the champions, with everything that entails... including no longer being the hunters, but the hunted.

Matt looks back at Lester and Duke, then once more faces the camera.

Matt: However... that doesn't mean we're looking to have our title re-match just yet. No, so feel comfortable knowing that your reign will continue... as long as we allow it. Then again, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself... perhaps some other team will knock you off your pedestal. I truly hope not, because nothing would give us greater pleasure than being the ones to end your reign as champions.

Matt smirks.

Matt: But enough about the two of you! We have other business for tonight... that business being a pair of matches, one involving Devastation against two other teams. Victor Mason and Kelsai Adamson-Mason, The McBride Corporation... one duo we've never faced, and another we've beaten several times. Victor, Kelsai... I truly have nothing against you... it's simply a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unfortunately for the pair of you, that time is tonight. McBrides, I would think you would have learned your lesson by now, but I suppose not. If you wish another defeat... who are we to deny you?

Matt shrugs his shoulders.

Matt: Tonight, Lester and Duke will put down the four of you. Then we will move onto another team... and then another and so on... until we feel it's the right time to reclaim the Undisputed Tag-Team Titles. So Fabulous, as you're the current champions, I want you to watch, to understand, to get it through your heads... that the next time you face my men... you won't merely be facing Devastation... you'll be facing an ANGRY Devastation. That, my dear ladies, will not be a good thing for you.

At this point, Alexander Midas takes over.

Midas: Let's not forget my match tonight, my return to the GCW ring, what should be a momentous night... and it's against Jessica Anderson?

Midas shakes his head in disgust.

Midas: Who the Hell is Jessica Anderson? Is she some welfare child Silverstone took pity on and signed, or something? Well, doesn't matter... she'll just be a notch in the 'win' column for yours truly! Make no mistake, I'm not here to play nice, not that I was ever a nice guy... I'm here to become Undisputed GCW World Champion! I'm here to knock that unworthy 'champion', D'Nae Moore off the top of the mountain, and to the trash-heap below!

Midas's lip curls with disgust at the thought of the current champ.

Midas: If she is the best GCW has in terms of being a Unified World Champ, they need to thank me for coming back to save this promotion! But hey, I'm not looking to cut ahead of the line, even though obviously I'm more than qualified to... she can have her time in the sun and play at being champion! Let these other so-called contenders have their shots, and when they succeed or fail, maybe Silverstone will realize she needs me to bring prestige to that title and will give me a rightful title shot!

Midas shakes his head.

Midas: Getting off-topic, however... Jessica Anderson, don't think you have any chance in Hell of winning tonight! I'm telling you now, I'll come down to that ring, give you a beating, and leave as the winner! That's the only outcome that's going to happen, so let your pea-brain fantasize any other possible outcome... it's just not gonna happen! You're just the first step in ascending back to my rightful golden throne... nothing more, nothing less!

We go back to ringside.

---

Jessica Anderson Vs Alexander Midas
[Midas with a European uppercut and a short arm clothesline. He whips Jessica into the ropes. She counters with a kick to the face, a dropkick, and the a one handed bulldog. Jessica with a shining wizard into a cover for only a one count. Jessica with Ass Kisser. She goes for a superkick but Midas catches the foot and counters with an exploder suplex. Midas plants her with a belly to back suplex and then a spine buster. Midas connects with The Golden Rule. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Alexander Midas

--

Today was the day! Madison Lewis signed with GCW and tonight was her debut. She was excited. She felt like a kid in a candy store right now. She literally felt like she was on top of the world. Tonight she was facing Richard Dix. She really didn't know much about him. I'm sure he knew about her since she's been the talk lately on Twitter. No matter where Madison Lewis went the spotlight always seemed to be right on her. The bubbly blonde was backstage and she was dressed in her wrestling attire already. She really didn't know what to expect tonight. Because she couldn't really find any info about Richard. Madz was sitting Indian style on a table she had her phone in her hand. She was scrolling through her twitter when she would hear someone clear their throat at her. Madz would look up to see Dexter Russell standing in front of her.

Dexter Russell:
Madison I was wondering if I could have a few words with you about your debut tonight?

Madz would smile at Dexter. He was cute.

Madz:
Yes, ask away.

Dexter Russell:
Tonight it's your debut. Care to share how you feel about your debut?

Madz:
I'm actually really nervous but I'm excited at the same time. I mean I'm sure everyone has seen what the heck Madison Lewis is capable of in the ring. I became a champion within three days of signing my contract with a previous employer. Dexter I dominate any match that I have. Tonight I added Richard to my list of people that couldn't beat me. Why? Because I will always be better than anyone that steps into the ring with me.

Madz was cocky. She knew she was better. Tonight she will prove it.

Dexter Russell:
Confident I like that. GCW was lucky to sign you. You're going to be a champion here one day.

Madz would get off of the grate. She would then cut Dexter off from saying anything else.

Madz:
GCW signed a star. Your right Dexter I will be a champion here. I will be the best champion they ever had. So let me put everyone on notice. I'm coming for the gold. I won't let nothing stop me from getting what I want. I always make opportunities for myself. Tonight you'll see that when I defeat Richard Dix. Now if you don't mind I have to finish getting ready for tonight. GCW universe will remember the name Madison Lewis.

Madz would smile at the camera before skipping off down the hallway

--

Richard Dix Vs Madison Lewis
[In typical Rich fashion he tries offering Madison some nachos first and tells her she’s hot. She accepts a nacho..but then kicks the rest back in his face! Madison with a sitout face buster followed by a double stomp. Rich scrambles back to his feet but Madison takes him down with a handspring into a tilt a whirl head scissors. Madison with Gorgeous Nightmare. She applies MADZ World. Rich taps out.]
WINNER: Madison Lewis

--

We cut backstage where we find Destiny Skye and her best friend tag team partner, the now former GCW Global Champion Julia Braddock, standing around near catering. Braddock is wearing a dark blue silk blouse with a high waisted warm pink pencil skirt. She is perched atop blush colored high heel pumps. Destiny is attired far more simply in denim jeans, black boots, and a plain white t-shirt.

Destiny: Are you sure your leg is ok, mate?

Julia: Quit bothering me, Des. You know I’m good.

Destiny: Yeah, I know you’re good. But management must not think so. We’re not booked to compete. Are you sure you were medically cleared? The docs didn’t want you wrestling. They may have cleared you but it was against their better judgment.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: I know, they insisted I take at least one show off. But they DID clear me. The reason we’re not competing is because we lost to Fabulous. But we did make an impact, we took the champs to their limit, and when we are booked again we will be ready.

Destiny: I know you will be. Hell, I’m anxious to get back in the ring too. But don’t you think we have other business to attend to first?

The Kensington Knockout narrows her brow. An anger is boiling up.

Julia: Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. Kelsai…

Destiny: She cost us that match and you know it. It was bad enough the damage Fab was doing to your leg…the single leg crab, two figure fours on the ring post…but then Kelsai blasted your leg with that damned pipe. After all that there was no way anyone could hold out in the Four Card Trick. Lasiewicz tapped you out but it was only because of that bitch Kelsai. You need to finish this, Jules. You know that crazy bitch isn’t gonna stop until she’s put down.

Julia: You’re right, Des. We can’t proceed with our own futures if we don’t put an end to this stupid rivalry. I honestly have no bloody clue what that crazy brasser has against me. She holds a grudge because once upon a time I was an awful person? So what? I have changed my ways. I’m a different person now.

Destiny: Damn right, but what drives her batshit crazy is the fact that the fans recognize this. They recognize it, they forgave you, and they cheer you again. She thinks you don’t deserve forgiveness.

A light applause is heard. Julia and Destiny turn to see Clyde Sutter approaching. The Assassin is dressed in black dress pants, a white silk shirt, and a black leather jacket. A smug grin is on his face.

Sutter: Strategizing I see! I am pleased to see that at least you two can agree on the real problem here…

Destiny: What the hell do you want, Sutter?

Clyde holds his hands up in innocence.

Sutter: I come in peace, Ms. Blair. I look at you two and I see great potential. You and Ms. Braddock could easily be future tag team champions. Even in defeat your proved that by pushing Fabulous to their limit. And you, Ms. Braddock, could easily return to the World Championship picture in no time. As a former champion it would not be difficult to work your way back up…after my client Ms. Page gets her opportunity, of course.

Julia: Cut to the chase, Sutter. What’s your point?

Sutter: My point is that Ms. Adamson-Mason is never going to quit badgering you, at least not until you change tactics. Face it, your entire strategy has been defensive. Kelsai cheats you out of the Global Title, you get payback. You want to think its over. But she just goes right back on the offense. The irony of it all is that Ms. Adamson-Mason is providing you with the solution to your problem. She is providing you with the very strategy that will end this war once and for all and allow the two of you to move forward.

Destiny rolls her eyes.

Destiny: Go to hell, Sutter.

Julia: You know what? I actually want to hear what the jerk has to say.

Sutter smirks.

Sutter: Ms. Mason is insistent upon calling you Chastity. But tell me, Ms. Braddock, just who IS Chastity?

Julia: Chastity Noel just represents my dark side. It was as Chastity that I was willing to sell my soul to devils, betray my friends and family, and become as violent and bloodthirsty as necessary in order to conquer my enemies.

Sutter: Sounds like my kind of girl.

The Assassin chuckles.

Sutter: If you want to rid yourself of Ms. Mason, then give her Chastity. She keeps asking for Chastity. Give her Chastity.

Julia: No! Out of the question! I am not that person anymore!

Sutter: Only because you refuse to act upon those dark impulses. Be honest with me, Ms. Braddock, after being screwed out of the Global Championship by Ms. Mason, her subsequent blindside attacks, her constant mocking you, and most recently when she took her violence to a new level by taking a pipe to your leg, which could have seriously injured you, tell me honestly that you have not had any violent ideas of what you would love to do to her?

Braddock shakes her head.

Julia: Of course I did, who wouldn’t? But I am stronger than that, Sutter. Making her tap out, forcing her to give up at Resurrection, that was my revenge. And that’s good enough for me.

Sutter: Yet she is still not finished. Perhaps you should consider acting out on those dark impulses? Maybe you should let Chastity out of her cage? You certainly could overcome Ms. Mason, but she would just keep coming back and it would be a nonstop cycle of violence. Chastity would destroy her permanently. It isn’t like you would be the only person to make such a decision. Harry Truman had to decide between a long and drawn out war with Japan or to drop an atomic bomb and force a surrender within a matter of days. Chastity is your atomic bomb.

The Assassin chuckles as he turns to walk away.

Sutter: Think about it.

The two members of SkyeLife watch as The Assassin walks off. Once he is out of sight, Destiny turns and looks at Julia.

Destiny: Jules…

Julia: What?

Destiny: Are you going to tell him to piss off or do you think he has a point?

Julia: I assume you think I should just tell him to piss off?

Destiny shrugs her shoulders.

Destiny: Normally I would but…he raises a good point in the sense that raising the level of violence may be called for here. I mean, Kelsai took a pipe to your leg. Had she hit you the right way she could have easily broken your leg and ended your career. She already pushed the envelop here beyond a simple disagreement. She tried to take you out. Maybe it IS time to return the favor?

--

We cut backstage to the dressing room for The McBride Corporation. Melanie and Karen are both dressed for action and ready to compete whilst their sister Blair is looking nice as always in a professional and fashionable navy blue skirt suit combo with a white blouse and matching heels.

Blair: Sisters…I know things have not been great for us ever since Civil War when we lost the Undisputed Tag Team Championship. The hostile takeover of GCW has taken a bit of a turn.

Karen: Yeah, you can say that. Or you can just call it like it is and it has come to a crashing halt?

Blair rolls her eyes.

Blair: Perhaps. But there are positive signs. Fever you, my dear sister, were viewed with enough favorability to receive a shot at the Heritage Championship. Sure, you lost, but you pushed Little Miss Sin to her limit and you may have opened the eyes of management. After all, look at what we have tonight! The McBride Corporation gets to enter the same ring against the former champions, Duke and Lester, as well as the former GCW World Champion Kelsai Mason.

Melanie: Kelsai is one thing…but we owe The Alan Family a beating for Civil War.

Blair nods her head.

Blair: Of course but we need to take this with patience. It took a long time for us to earn enough respect just to get The Sovereign in the ring and become Global Tag Team Champions. It took even longer to convince management to let us have the chance to unify the tag team titles again. It will take time to put the hostile takeover back on track but trust me, we will get it together. You two just need to go out there and take these two teams to their limits.

Karen: What about you? Have you kept up your training? I mean, we could use a third active wrestler on our squad to help us.

Blair: My training continues. When I step into the ring I will be ready. For now my mind will be your greatest resource. For instance, my history in business tells me that to be successful you oftentimes need to make some unlikely friends and allies.

Melanie arches her brow.

Melanie: Are you suggesting we help Kelsai and Victor tonight? Because there’s no way we’re helping Duke and Lester.

Blair: Well, you COULD apply that lesson to tonight’s match, however I was thinking more large scale. I was thinking of the grand scheme. We have big plans, ladies, and in order to achieve those ends, we may need to make new friends.

Karen: Who exactly do you have in mind?

Blair: I will tell you later tonight, hopefully during what will be our victory celebration.

--

Victor Mason & Kelsai Adamson-Mason Vs The McBride Corporation Vs The Alan Family [Duke Michaels and Lester Sampson]
[Duke and Lester are still fuming over losing the tag titles and look to take it out on their opposition. Lester with a lariat to Melanie McBride and Duke with a big boot to the face of Victor Mason. Karen meanwhile is brawling with Kelsai but Duke and Lester break that one up as well. Duke with a spine buster to Kelsai and Lester with a belly to belly overhead suplex to Karen. This dominance of Lester and Duke continues for several minutes before Victor, Kelsai, and The McBride Corporation decide to work together. Victor and Kelsai double team Lester whilst Karen and Melanie double team Duke. Kelsai spears Lester and Victor drops him with a double arm ddt. Karen and Melanie drop Duke with Flight of the Valkyrie. Kelsai locks Lester in a calf crusher. Melanie breaks that one up. Melanie and Kelsai begin to brawl. Suddenly the crowd comes alive. Julia Braddock and Destiny Skye hit the ring. They drag Victor out of the ring and start to fight. Kelsai slides out of the ring and pairs off with Julia. Julia and Kelsai fight through the crowd while Destiny and Victor fight up the ramp. Meanwhile in the ring Lester connects with The End Times to Karen McBride. Duke and Lester take Melanie down with Armageddon Unleashed. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: The Alan Family

--

The scene rises up with Hall of Fame interviewer Dexter Russell as he stands by.

Russell: “That’s right, guys. Tonight I have the auspicious privilege of welcoming for the first time in front of a GCW camera one of our newest competitors. Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming Envy Ellis.”

The camera pans back as the young, slim Ellis steps into frame. As it is, she is presently not dressed to compete - a fact that surely sours her on this night.

Russell: “Envy, welcome to Global Championship Wrestling.”

Envy looks to Dex with a cold stare accompanied by a sarcastic smile.

Ellis: “It’s so great to be here, Dexter. I mean, when I signed the dotted line, who could have imagined that my first time in front of an actual GCW camera would be to be interviewed by you instead of in the ring doing what I do?”

Russell: “Well, I know this is kind of a big deal, but…”

Envy places her hand on Dexter’s shoulder, and he stops talking.

Ellis: “No, Dex. “This” isn’t a big deal. *I* am a big deal. You see, I understand that there is a group of people who don’t even want me in GCW. And between you, me, and everybody watching this right now? Those people are the smart ones. Not because I’m such an undesirable personality to be around. No… but because I’m fucking *good*. I’m good at my job. I’m good at what I do. You know what? No… scratch that. I’m not just “good”... I’m fucking AMAZING at what I do in that ring. Those people that don’t want me here? They know just how amazing I am, and they know that with Envy Ellis around, their days of coasting are over. You see, I look in this locker-room, and do you know what I see?”

Russell: “Competition?”

Ellis: “I see children, Dex. Around every corner I see people with the mentality and, most of all, the naivety of children. They’ve allowed themselves to imagine a world that centres around them. They see the world as their own playground. Look in my eyes… do I look like I’m here to play?”

Dexter looks Envy in the eyes, shaking his head.

Russell: “No, you do not.”

Ellis: “Right. I do not… because I *am* not. See, I don’t care who it is or what they’ve accomplished. Everyone in this company is an obstacle on my way to the top. It’s just that simple. And while others may fantasise about “stealing the show”? I’m here to win matches. That’s it. If a talent puts me through the wringer? Great. If they stumble and I force them to tap in six seconds? Great… I’m not paid by the hour.”

Russell: “So what then is your message to the rest of the locker-room… perhaps those who are eager to step into the ring with you?”

Ellis: “Well it’s not my job to talk people out of putting themselves in harm’s way. If I respect you? I can be professional… we can do business in the ring and walk away after. If not? Then you’re in for a long night and possibly an even longer recovery. Playtime is over. Your charmed existence where everything revolves around you is over. I’m here to make a name for myself, and that is EXACTLY what I am going to do!”

With that, Envy exits the scene.

Russell: “A confident, determined Envy Ellis is ready to make an impact in GCW. Back to you at the desk.”

The scene shifts away.

--

[Mara Kade stands next to Samuel Price backstage. Mara has the X Division title draped across her shoulder and in the moment, she has a white "Mara Kade World Tour: Champion Edition" t-shirt with blue jeans tucked in her black boots.]

Samuel: Alright ladies and gentleman, tonight is shaping up to be another tremendous night of GCW wrestling. For Glory and Gold has come and past and what an unbelievable slew of events that was. New champions were crowned, including, the woman standing next to me right now Mara Kade. the new X Division Champion. It's been a couple of weeks Mara. Congratulations on the accomplishment.

[A wide grind appears on Mara's face.]

Mara: It's a hell of a couple of weeks. I had a lot of sex with my husband.

[Mara laughs.]

Mara: I drunk a lot. It feels good. Spent a whole year without any belts. It sucked. But we're back. I'm back. Championship Chase was hell. That last match with Mariah. We literally tore the place apart. Announce tables destroyed. Ring steeps destroyed. We tore into each other! We left nothing back. And I'll be honest, that bitch she annoys me, I hate how she thinks she's God's Greatest Gift, but in the ring she's top notch. So that makes me on another level and that's why I got this. It feels great!

Samuel: You've talked about feeling reignoravted and motivated to get to this position one Scream Machine ended and now you are. Though tonight, you have to defend this title. Jeffery Alexander just came off an impressive victory against Victor Mason. He's a past champion himself. There is truly no rest for the wicked.

[Mara holds the mic to her mouth.]

Mara: There is no rest Sammy but that's how I like it. I'll rest when I'm dead. Jeff! Big Jeff, right? You're feeling pretty good about your chances tonight I bet. You put down Victor Mason, a man that's been a thorn in your side for a little bit. I bet it felt good to put him in the dirt. And so because of that, you're riding high. You got the adrenaline flowing through your veins. Well guess what? So do I.

I woke today happy. Because I get to defend this. There is nothing like being the champion and having to defend. People always talk, Samuel, about the target on your back when you're a champion. When's the last time Mara Kade has every been afraid of anyone?

[Mara turns to Samuel.]

Mara: You don't have to think that hard. The answer is never. There has not been one person that has ever made e afraid to say something or do something. I am the same 24/7. You got some people who change up depending on who's coming at him. i'm the same. All of you bastards can get a boot to the face by me. I am one of the best wrestlers in the world. I will not rest until I am known as THE best wrestler in the world. Big Jeff, I spent a whole year crawling for this. And you saw, what everyone else saw. Right now, there's not many better than me in that ring.

You want this bad, don't you? You should. I know your woman is World Champion. She went through a lot of bullshit to get it. And she did. And deserves it. She killed it out there. I'm sure you got dreams of the two of you being champions together. Big Jeff. Not every dream comes true. In fact, I am going to kill your dream. My dream is beating you, taking on whoever challenges me, beating them and doing this over and over again until I'm the greatest X Division champion GCW has ever seen! That I am the best wrestler in the world. My dreams are your nightmares.

So if you want this title? You gotta take it from me. And as you know, there's a lot of people that's gotten their asses kicked by me trying to take a title from me. Good luck. Bring your best.

[Mara then walks off.]

--

X-Division Championship
Jeffrey Alexander Vs Mara Kade (champion)

[Mara with a discuss elbow smash and a running knee lift. She whips Jeff into the corner and runs in with a double knee into the corner. Mara goes for a suplex but Jeff lands on his feet and then connects with a German suplex, rolls through, a second German suplex, rolls through, a third German suplex. Mara staggers back to her feet. Jeff with a springboard handspring back elbow smash. Jeff with a snap suplex, rolls through, a second snap suplex, rolls through, goes for a third but Mara floats over and connects with a Dragon suplex. Mara with a sliding forearm smash and Jeff is sent tumbling to the outside. Mara with a suicide dive over the top takes out Jeff. She pulls Jeff up but he quickly snaps off a belly to belly overhead suplex on the outside! Jeff pulls her up and rolls her back into the ring. Jeff with a springboard shooting star back into the ring onto Mara Kade for a cover…1…2…Kickout!]

[Jeff with a running big boot to Mara! Jeff with a springboard asai moonsault for a cover…1…2…Kickout! Jeff whips her into a corner. He rushes in with a stinger splash. Jeff puts her in a tree of woe position. Jeff with a running baseball slide kick to Mara Kade. Jeff sets her up for a German suplex but Mara fights out of it with elbows to the face. She switches position and applies Bikini Kill. Jeff is fading but he is fighting it with everything he has. Jeff manages to reverse into a crossface chicken wing. Mara fights this hold and eventually counters into an ankle lock. Jeff rolls through sending Mara into the turnbuckle. Jeff with a snap ddt. He goes up to the top. He looks for another shooting star but this time Mara Kade gets her knees up. Jeff uses the ropes to pull himself up. Mara takes a running start…Belladonna! Mara with Veruca Volcano…1…2…3!]
WINNER and STILL GCW X Division Champion: Mara Kade