admin
Site Admin

Truth and Consequences

Post by admin » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:30 pm

==========
Charlotte, NC
Off Camera
==========

We are in Charlotte, NC…specifically the Spectrum Center that just finished hosting GCW Livewire. Everyone is getting ready to leave, including the two individuals in question; Julia Braddock and Destiny Skye, the best friends and tag team duo better known as SkyeLife. Braddock is wearing a dark blue silk blouse with a high waisted warm pink pencil skirt. She is perched atop blush colored high heel pumps. Destiny is attired far more simply in denim jeans, black boots, and a plain white t-shirt. The former Global Champion is focused, she looks very stoic and cold right this moment. Her friend, Destiny, looks more than just a little concerned.

Destiny: Hey Jules, I think we should talk.

Julia: The car is probably waiting for us, Des. We can talk in the car.

Destiny: I think we should talk now.

Braddock stops walking. She sighs.

Julia: Talk about what?

Destiny: Well let’s talk about tonight for starters.

Julia: What’s there to talk about? On Fever, Kelsai tried to take me out. She tried to seriously injure me with that lead pipe to my knee. Tonight was simply a receipt. Nothing more and nothing less than a receipt. I could have been justified in doing far worse had I wanted to but I was fine with settling on costing her and her dimwit husband that match. As far as I’m concerned, we are once again even and this thing between Kelsai and I is over.

Destiny shakes her head.

Destiny: You know damn well it isn’t over. As much as I hate to admit it, that creep Sutter is right. Kelsai is gonna keep coming after you. She won’t stop until either she has the final word…or until you FORCE her to stop. Maybe it’s time we take the fight to her?

Braddock frowns. The Kensington Knockout shakes her head.

Julia: No…

Destiny: But it may be the only way to end this cycle of violence!

Julia: Look Des, I get what you’re saying. I also get what Sutter is saying and I agree. Kelsai probably won’t stop. And we do need to take the fight to her in order to force her to stop. But I am not sure I can…or want to…pull the trigger on Sutter’s little atomic bomb he spoke of.

Destiny: Chastity you mean?

Julia: What else? I locker her away for a damn good reason, mate. I do not want to become that person again.

Destiny: I understand your concern, mate, but that cutthroat ruthlessness of Chastity could be just what we need to put Kelsai down for the count. Look at what we did when you were in that Chastity mindset. You, me, Hannah, and Kendra, we were all champions. We ran GCW. I think we could easily stomp Kelsai for good.

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: I know we could. Everything Sutter says…it is right on the damn money. It would be the proverbial atomic bomb that would force Kelsai to surrender. But you don’t understand Chastity the way I do. No one can.

Destiny pats her friend on the back.

Destiny: Then explain it to me.

Julia: Well hell, you know most of the story already…

She shrugs her shoulders.

Julia: Growing up as a Braddock wasn’t as easy as everyone thought it was. Both Glory and I had tons of pressure on us to live up to his lofty expectations. But for me it was more difficult because dad always favored Glory. She was his favorite and he admitted it. It wasn’t until he was on his death bed before he recognized how wrong he was and sought forgiveness. But growing up knowing that my own dad preferred my sister to me was painful. My old man also never had the same belief in my abilities as he had in my sister’s. I grew up bitter towards my family and jealous of Glory. That combined with the pressures of living up to the Braddock name…well…of course I would get hooked on drugs to ease all of that pain.

Braddock sighs.

Julia: Then Aphrodite came along. She showed genuine concern and compassion for me. She was willing to help me kick my drug habit and rehabilitate me. She helped me more than my family ever did. So is it any surprise that I became fiercely loyal to her? And then when Aphrodite decided she wanted a family, that she wanted to adopt me, is it really a surprise that I would jump at the chance to become her daughter? Finally I would be the favored child.

Destiny: Yeah, I remember the story of how you got brought into all that. But didn’t Glory get roped into that too?

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Yes, Glory did eventually follow suit. She became a daughter of Aphrodite as I did. But she had to be strong armed into it. She didn’t truly want it the way I did. But she was given the same love and affection as I had been given. Aphrodite treated us the same. That was supposed to mine and yet Glory had managed to wriggle her way into that as well. So now I had even more reason to be jealous of Glory. I grew angrier and more bitter towards her. So I acted out in blind rage. I became Chastity. And for awhile it worked out. Like you said, I basically took over the place. I became GCW World Champion. I became GCW Heritage Champion. With you, Hannah, and Kendra we took over the whole damn company. But all things come to an end and it ended when Glory betrayed me.

She chuckles.

Julia: I should have seen it coming. Being with Aphrodite brought out the worst in my sister. She worked with Mason Van Stanton to institutionalize me.

Destiny: But you got out?

Julia: I did, thanks in large part to my cousin Angelica Jones. She taught me how to control that blind rage and jealousy. She taught me how to control my emotions. And when I managed to control my emotions I was then able to keep Chastity locked away for good.

Destiny: So what you’re saying is that you can control your emotions and therefore you can control when Chastity comes out?

Braddock sighs.

Julia: Sort of. Chastity is basically me when I lose control over my emotions. Chastity is when I allow myself to be controlled and guided by my hatred and my aggressive feelings. But right now I refuse to let my hatred and anger decide my actions. Right now my emotions are in check.

Destiny: So if you are in control then what’s wrong with letting her out to end this bullshit with Kelsai?

Julia: Were it that easy…see, Des, I have forgiven Glory for betraying me. I have moved on from the bitterness and jealousy I felt growing up, because it wasn’t her fault that our dad favored her. But just because I have forgiven her and moved on doesn’t mean that those feelings are gone as well. The anger, bitterness, and jealousy are all still there. I just choose to ignore them. The only way I can harness that ruthlessness of Chastity is to embrace those aggressive feelings. The only way to become cutthroat and ruthless like Chastity is to allow myself to be guided by my emotions again. And you know there’s only one way I can get that angry and that enraged again.

Destiny nods her head.

Destiny: You have to get angry at Glory.

Julia: Right. Bringing Chastity back is easy. The bitter feelings are there, all I have to do is start dwelling on them again. But if Chastity comes back and I do tear Kelsai apart limb from limb, then what happens next? What might Chastity do…what would I possibly do to Glory once I am finished with Kelsai?

Destiny: You said you can control it. Just put Chastity back in her back once we’re done beating the crap out of Kelsai and her goons.

Julia chuckles.

Julia: Again, it isn’t as easy as that. It is so very easy to allow yourself to be guided purely by your negative feelings and emotions. And Chastity herself is a very strong, domineering persona. Above all, Chastity is very addictive. It’s sort of like the drugs I was once hooked on. And it was very hard to let go of those drugs.

Destiny: What are you saying, Jules?

Julia: What I’m saying is that if I bring Chastity back when there is a very real possibility that Julia Braddock will cease to exist simply because I won’t want to go back, I won’t want to go back to controlling those emotions and feelings. I will be Chastity permanently. Is that a future you are prepared to accept, Des, because if I go back to that dark place, I cannot guarantee that I will return from it.

She turns and walks away. Destiny sighs and follows her.

Return to “General Roleplay Board”