Shotgun 12.01

randy

Shotgun 12.01

Post by randy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:04 am

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page is standing in front of the arena on the campus of Wright State University. Several people are holding up signs and picketing in front of the arena as the rest of the Bling Empire is looking on with smiles on their faces.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:So you see this Tabitha? So you see this GCW management and roster? Do you see this world?

Danielle is pointing down at the mass of people.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:All of these people know what’s up. These are people with some smarts because they realize the Bling Empire is who carry GCW. We are six ultra sexy, smart, charismatic women who can all wrestle their asses off!

The crowd of people cheer.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Like I have been saying for not weeks since D’Nae cheated to beat me at Survival of the Fittest but for months that we in the Bling Empire is the centerpiece of GCW. But does anyone within GCW management want to acknowledge the truth that we are the world not only needs but wants to see atop of the GCW food chain. But do the powers that be in GCW want to take what the fans want?

Danielle looks out at the crowd and motions to them.

Crowd:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Exactly!!! Get a clue Tabitha. People are tired of seeing people like D’Nae, Miss America, Travis Vessey, and Julia Braddock with opportunities to succeed. Obviously the same old same old around here is so boring. The bottom line is we in the Bling Empire are going to take what we want because that is the only way to make GCW better and thrive.

--

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Dexter Russell. There we find the Hall of Famer standing next to another Hall of Famer AND GCW Original Kayla Jones. Jones is already dressed in her crimson and black wrestling gear and looks ready to compete for a high stakes match against MAEVE, an opportunity to challenge for the X Division Championship is on the line here and Kayla knows it.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen I am here with a woman who was very impressive in her return at Survival of the Fittest in SWEEPING Aubrianna Powers and The McBride Corporation, please welcome Kayla Jones.

Jones smirks.

Kayla: It must be incredibly awkward for you, isn’t it Dex? I mean, Aubrey is your wife, isn’t she?

Dexter: Yes, but I can be an unbiased journalist.

Kayla: Good. And while I’m at it, I don’t want to stand here and take all of the credit for myself. I had the greatest partners I could ask for by my side, my nieces Marie and Kim. They are former GCW World, Global, and Undisputed Tag Team Champions, former SCW World Tag Team Champions, and they proved at Survival of the Fittest why together they are still a force to be reckoned with.

Dexter: Still, you led the team. You were victorious. And you must have impressed our general manager because tonight you face MAEVE of Kowloon with a shot at the X Division Championship to be awarded to the winner.

Jones nods her head.

Kayla: The X Division Title is a championship MAEVE is familiar with. She held it for all of about four months before losing it to Livvie Nelson. Now I have never held that X Division Title and I wouldn’t mind adding it to my list of accomplishments here in GCW before I retire. And to win it by first defeating MAEVE and then going on to dethrone a champion like Mara Kade would be incredible. This is my Goodbye Tour, Dex. I have decided that I will go out on my own terms. People like Aubrey Powers think they can dictate when I hang up my boots. Well they’re wrong. I decide when I’m finished. And maybe I want to become X Division Champion before I hang it up for good? I know it will take a great deal of effort. Beating MAEVE won’t be easy. And Mara has proven to be a tough as hell champion. So I won’t make any grand proclamations about being your next champion. I’m taking this one step at a time. And tonight, I will guarantee this…

She smirks.

Kayla: …MAEVE, I’m going to kick your teeth right down your throat.

--

Amber Diamond Vs Travis Vessey

Amber Diamond had an amazing showing. She was able to take Travis Vessey to his limits.

She managed to counter Travis’ Vessey Driver into her Diamond Standard (3/4ths neckbreaker) at one juncture. Unfortunately for her, Vessey was too close to the ropes for Amber to secure a possible victory.

Conditioning and execution wise, Travis had not lost a step at all. He kept Amber on her toes throughout the entire contest.

In the end, Amber’s second attempt at The Diamond Standard was thwarted. Instead of the Vessey Driver he opted for the Legacy Weapon instead. There would be no countering from Amber this time around.

Robert Downey was the one who made the three count.

Winner: Travis Vessey.

In an act of good sportsmanship, Travis shook Amber’s hand. She appreciated the gesture. Then conceded the ring to him so Travis could bask in the applause of the fans.

--

Backstage we find the gorgeous pink tipped blonde haired beauty known to one and all and beloved by all (most? few?), the reigning Zion National Champion Aubrianna Powers. The Most Valuable Powers is dressed in her ring gear and she has the Zion National Championship title belt wrapped around her sexy gorgeous waist. A confident smirk, bordering on arrogant, is etched across her lovely face.

Aubrianna: I bet all of you were just overjoyed with Survival of the Fittest? You loved watching that old, feeble, loser Kayla Jones and her crazy ass nieces get the better of me and The McBride Corporation. That’s understandable because you idiots love to watch people better than you fail. You enjoy watching your superior fail.

The MVP smirks knowingly.

Aubrianna: I hope you took pictures and I hope you recorded it on DVR because that kind of failure will never happen to me again.

She pats the title belt that is wrapped around her waist.

Aubrianna: Yet even when I fail, I still end up on the good. I am a reigning champion. You people are nobodies. When you fail you fail miserably. But me? I can always pick myself up and be back on top in no time. That’s just what I do because I am The Most Valuable Powers. I am The MVP of Global Championship Wrestling. I am SIMPLY THE BEST wrestler in this company period. You cannot keep me down for the count. No matter how hard losers like Kayla Jones and her ilk try, I will always get back up to the top of the mountain. And as evidence of that, I have an announcement to make. Call it The Most Valuable Announcement.

Powers winks at the camera.

Aubrianna: I am officially entering the Civil War Match.

The crowd can be heard booing in the background.

Aubrianna: It’s true! The Most Valuable Powers is going to enter the Civil War Match! Civil War is special, not just because it begins Resurrection season but also because it is the ONE SINGLE NIGHT where opportunities galore can be earned! It is the one single night that can change your direction in a heartbeat. And yes, I need a change of direction. Civil War is my ticket to opportunities, it is my ticket to Resurrection.

She pats the National Title belt.

Aubrianna: And it is my ticket to wrapping more gold around this sexy gorgeous waist. So whether I come in third place, second place, or if I win the whole damn thing, I am going to have The Most Valuable Impact in the Civil War Match, I will earn a championship opportunity, and I will reclaim gold on the grandest stage of GCW…Resurrection.

Powers winks at the camera.

Aubrianna: Learn to love it, bitches.

--

[Janelle St. Claire stands upright with her eyes facing the camera next to Nadia Allen, who is sporting a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath and black jeans. She lifts the microphone in her right hand up to her lips.]

Janelle: Thanks guys. Right now I'm with Nadia Allen and this is the first time we've seen you this year. How's the New Year treating you?

[Nadia's face remains neutral.]

Nadia: Same as every year. Keeping my head down trying to avoid all the bullshit.

[Janelle chuckles a bit.]

Janelle: Ha you're always a straight shooter. There has been some new regarding you. You announced at midnight that you were officially a freelancer. You're wrestling here withoit a full time contract. How will that affect you here?

[Nadia relaxes her shoulders a bit.]

Nadia: Nothing is going to change. I'm going to be here like always. The reason I chose to go freelance is just to continue growing as a pro wrestler. I want to wrestle the best and i want to beat them. I want to the world and challenge myself to beat everyone in my way. That means I have to not just wrestle here. GCW is my base and that's never changing.

[Janelle nods.]

Janelle: Noted. With that being said, what are your goals for this year? It's been almost two years since you were World Champion. Lately you and Envy Ellis have teamed up to take down the Bling Empire. There seems to be a lot of different directions you can go

Nadia: Lots of directions. But always forward. Me and Envy are pretty similar. If you mess with us we will ruin your life. If the Bling Empire want more I'm sure we'll be happy tk send them back to the ER. We still have to settle our thing now thst there no distractions. But right now, Civil War is coming up. I'm putting my name in that and I'm winning. Resurrection two years ago when I walked out as World title was the best moment of my career and I want it again. Doesn't matter how many heads I have to bash in. Violent fighting is always around the corner. As am I.

[Nadia then walks away.]

--

Backstage in the dressing room area we find the sight of none other than former three time World Champion Julia Braddock. The Kensington Knockout she is wearing a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. She sits on a sofa in front of a television monitor, watching the proceedings of tonight’s event. Her focus is interrupted when she hears…

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Braddock turns her head slightly, just to get a look at the door.

Julia: Come in!

The door opens and in walks Sophie O’Brian. Julia smiles warmly upon seeing the arrival of this blonde Irish woman. Julia rises up to her feet and greets Sophie with a warm embrace.

Julia: Sophie! What are you doing here, mate?

Sophie: I could ask you the same thing, my friend. Neither one of us is scheduled to compete tonight. Yet here you are.

Braddock shrugs her shoulders.

Julia: What can I say? I’m committed to GCW. I always have been and always will be. So yes, I will be at each and every GCW event if I can somehow make it.

Sophie: Commitment and dedication; two qualities that I admire about you. It is one of many reasons why you truly are the best here in GCW.

Julia: Oh stop it, Sophie.

Sophie: But it’s true. You really are amazing. And within the span of a week you defeated the former tag team champions and the number one contenders to the tag team championship.

Braddock rolls her eyes.

Julia: Me AND Destiny…quit stroking my ego…

Sophie: Someone should stroke your ego. You are so humble that you refuse to do so yourself. Another admirable quality, might I add.

Sophie sits down on the sofa and motions for Braddock to join her. Julia sits down next to her on the sofa.

Sophie: If only there were more Julia Braddocks in Global Championship Wrestling.

Julia: I appreciate all of the kind words, Sophie. I really do. But you DO remember that we are supposed to be fighting one another in less than two weeks on Fever in Cameron Indoor?

O’Brian nods her head.

Sophie: Of course. And as I said on Fever from Charlotte, I want to test myself against the very best and here in GCW, the very best is you.

Julia: The World Championship that D’Nae Moore holds says otherwise.

Sophie: She only has that title because you have not been given a proper one on one match. You know it as well as I do. And you and Destiny? You two have been on a tear in the tag team division. The only reason you do not hold the tag titles is because you have not had a shot against SkyBird. And yet you are being passed over just because Kowloon has a silly briefcase?

Sophie pats her on the back.

Sophie: You are Julia Braddock, one of the first to join this company once it was resurrected in 2012. You helped rebuild this place from the ashes of GDW. You are a former three time world champion. You should not have to wait in line behind anyone else. If anyone deserves a title match, it is you. Go to Silverstone and demand your title shot.

Braddock shakes her head.

Julia: I appreciate your confidence in me but I would rather earn it the right way.

Sophie: You know what? That sounds even better. Because a legend of GCW such as yourself deserves the main event spotlight of Resurrection to reclaim your throne.

Braddock points to Sophie.

Julia: Well what about you, mate? Don’t you have your eyes set on Civil War and winning?

Sophie: Of course I do. But winning? I am not delusional. The winner, more likely than not, is you. You have won it the past two years. You will win it a third straight year. I hope to merely come in second place or third place. If I come close…then I feel I have achieved a great feat.

Braddock is taken aback by these comments from her friend. Sophie has always been loyal to the Braddock family but this is going farther than she had imagined.

Julia: Sophie, I’m not sure what your game is, but be real. You are just as good as me if not better. You took my sister to her limit. That should be a testimony of your skill. You are a former world champion. You’re good.

Sophie: I know I am good. Like I said, in GCW you are the best. I wish to test myself against the best. And I want you to be at your very best when we fight in Cameron Indoor. Hold absolutely nothing back…do you understand me? Hold NOTHING back. Go to your darkest, deepest, pit and pull out all of the stops. Throw everything you have at me. I want nothing less than your best.

Braddock eyes Sophie nervously for a few moments before nodding her head.

Julia: Yeah, I hear you.

Sophie: Excellent.

--

Alan Monroe Vs Justice Cross

The size (Justice is 5’3, Alan is 6’4) disparity stood out like a sore thumb. Despite that, Justice showed no fear as she took the fight straight to Alan. The reject from Hell decided to entertain Justice’s offense by not putting up much of a fight aside from showing her away from him a couple of times, which further motivated Justice to put the pressure on. Alan stopped playing around. He scoop slammed Justice. She sprung back up. He performed the same move again. Not phased at all she got up again, this time, she kicked him not between the legs, the inner thigh. A drop kick to the knee cap forced him to one knee. A swift ddt brought Alan Monroe down.

Later on Alan did catch Justice with a big boot, halting her momentum. As you’d expect, Alan did take advantage of his size and strength advantage to bully Justice around. Showing she couldn’t be kept down, Justice mounted a comeback. Focusing more on Alan’s legs. Getting some shots to the head when she could. There was a moment when Alan was going to finish Justice off with Rejection (swinging neckbreaker). At the last moment, Justice rolled Alan up in a small package, getting a two count. When both competitors rose to their feet, Justice caught him flush with a 3/4ths neckbreaker (Lights Out). She made the cover, hooked the leg.

Jose Diaz dropped to the mat to make the three count.

Winner: Justice Cross.

--

Backstage we find one half of the duo known as Fabulous; namely, Summer Collins. The filthy rich and somewhat arrogant Collins is dressed in her tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading uniform. She is carrying two cups of coffee, one in each hand. Collins rounds a corner and then enters a dressing room area. Inside the dressing room she finds her tag team partner and best friend, “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz, pacing the floor with frustration and angst on her face. Jessica, dressed in a matching tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleading uniform, turns and faces Summer, folding her arms over her chest. Collins smiles sheepishly.

Summer: I take it you’re upset?

Jessica: Co podsunęło ci ten pomysł?

Collins sighs and shakes her head.

Summer: Look, I get it, you’re pissed. But please, do me a favor and at least speak English! You know I can’t understand a word of Polish!

Jessica: Yes, Summer, I am upset. We lost!

Summer: I know.

She offers Jessica some coffee. Lasiewicz reluctantly accepts it.

Jessica: Do you get it, Summer? This loss to Skye Life will…

Summer: It won’t do anything. It might be a slight setback but think about it, they already had a ton of momentum, as did we. They already had beaten a ton of former champions. It isn’t like we lost to a couple of nobodies. Besides, we beat them once before. The math says we’re even. You know what that means?

Jessica arches a brow.

Jessica: Tie breaker?

Summer: Possibly. And redemption. Julia and Destiny may be riding on cloud nine right now but it won’t last.

The Archangel sighs as she walks over to a bench and sits down.

Jessica: I suppose you’re right.

Summer: Of course I am. There are still plenty of opportunities out there for us. Fabulous isn’t done yet, not by a long shot.

Summer and Jessica embrace in a hug. Just then Leviticus enters the room. Captain Capitalism has a big grin on his face. But his happy demeanor clashes with the look of rage that quickly returns to Jessica’s face. Lasiewicz pushes Summer out of the way, rises up off of the bench, and punches St. Levi in the face.

Leviticus: OWWW! What the heck…

The Fransciscan Friar of Flash staggers backward. Jessica wants to get another punch in but Summer acts quickly to restrain her friend.

Summer: Jess! What is that about?!

Jessica: I’m mad at him too!

Summer: What for?!

Leviticus: Yeah, what’d I do?!

Lasiewicz points an accusatory finger at The Most Loved Man on the Planet.

Jessica: You have let us down! We lost on Fever to Skye Life and what were you doing? You were busy making some shady deal with Mason Van Stanton! You should have been helping us! Not him!

Leviticus: It’s not what you think, Jess!

Jessica: Any deal with Van Stanton is shady.

Leviticus: Normally, yes. This is just a side job, nothing more, and it doesn’t impact you guys at all.

Lasiewicz growls.

Jessica: It does if it keeps you from doing your job that we pay you to do!

Summer: What are you even doing for Mason, anyway?

Leviticus: Just some undercover detective work. He’s paying me good money to find the identity of whoever is behind the rewriting of his GCW contract, the one that forced him to become an active wrestler.

Jessica: I don’t care who did it and you know why? Van Stanton deserves every bit of pain he gets. Do you remember how he used The Fix to take over GCW? Stole championships. Ruined lives. There are a ton of people out there who want his head on a platter.

St. Levi nods his head.

Leviticus: I know. And you’re right, he does deserve all of what he’s getting. But like I said, he’s paying me very good money, and I am using that money to help you and Summer. Movie deals, book deals, modeling deals, and much more!

The Archangel pushes her way past Summer and finally gets to Levi. She grabs him by the throat.

Jessica: I don’t give a DAMN about movie deals, book deals, modeling deals, or anything else! I want Fabulous to be a success again! I want to hold championship gold! I want Summer to hold championship gold! That’s what I want!

Leviticus: Civil War!

Jessica releases Levi.

Jessica: What was that?!

Leviticus: Civil War! I already spoke to Silverstone. Both of you will be in the Civil War Match. I’m in it too. Between the three of us, we can win at least one ring, certainly, and get back into the title picture.

Jessica: That was the plan last year and it didn’t work out did it?!

Lasiewicz storms out of the room. Summer sighs and follows her, leaving Leviticus alone.

Leviticus: Was it something I said?

Outside the dressing room Summer is speaking with her friend, trying to calm her down.

Summer: What’s wrong, Jess?

Jessica: You went to great lengths years ago to save my life. You saved me from Sorinah Floreschu and her purity movement. Then you pitched the idea of us reuniting under the Fabulous name. We have had such incredible success since then. All thanks to you. And now I just worry that if we don’t pull off some kind of miracle, all of that is going to hell…

She looks up at Summer.

Jessica: I believe in this team, Summer. I want to keep it alive.

Summer: Me too, Jess. And trust me, we will keep it alive. We will be golden again.

--

Pre-recorded…

The cameras begin to roll. We are in front of a plain gray backdrop. Standing there in the center of the screen is “The Crown Jewel of Professional Wrestling” Marie Annabelle Jones. Marie is dressed in a tight form fitting red dress, red high heeled pumps, and her signature black leather jacket. A smug, confident smirk is etched across her lovely features as she stares into the camera.

“Survival of the Fittest the world got a very harsh reminder of what Twin Magic is capable of…isn’t that right, Kim?” As if on cue, The Woman Scorned enters the room of the right. Kimberly is wearing torn denim jeans and a plain black t-shirt. She hops up off of the Dalek and smirks nastily. She has her SCW Underground Championship title belt wrapped around her waist, her HKW Bloodlust Championship title belt draped over her right shoulder, and her ‘Datura Invented’ Unsanctioned Championship title belt draped over her left shoulder.

“That’s right! We’re family and we stick together! So when we saw our Aunt Kayla getting jumped by Aubrianna Powers and her stooges, well, you know me, I can’t pass up the opportunity to maim anyone, especially not a smug brat like her!” Kimberly winks at the camera.

“Survival of the Fittest was for family. It was also to remind everyone what we are capable of. The McBride Corporation and Aubrianna Powers got a first hand lesson in what we are capable of when we swept them in the elimination match. Now that the family business has been taken care of, we are going into business for ourselves. See, Civil War is on the horizon and that means Resurrection season begins now.” The Phoenix pats herself on the chest.

“I know what Resurrection means probably better than anyone else on this roster. On the very first Resurrection I won a tournament to crown a new GCW World Champion. And just because my sister here has never won a world title, don’t you DARE discount her or look past her.”

“Look at the gold I have!” Kim shouts happily.

“Exactly. She holds three titles. Not to mention she is a former SCW United States Champion and SCW Television Champion. A lot has been said by many teams lately about being able to do it all…”

Kim points at the camera. “Fabulous. Skye Life. We’re talking about you.”

“But Twin Magic can do it all and more! Our championship record speaks for itself. And with Civil War coming up very soon, the opportunity for more championships arise.”

“One of us could place THIRD…” Kim holds up three fingers “...and BAM! Tag title shot! Or one of us could place second, and a singles title shot…”

Marie smirks knowingly. “But the real prize is to win it all and go on to main event Resurrection, to challenge for the GCW World Championship. And you had better believe that Kim and I both are gunning for that top spot. Twin Magic is back and we are going for all of the gold.”

“We’re winning Civil War!” Kim shouts.

--

Mariah "The" Starr In Action

Looking to rebound from her defeat to Mara Kade, Carmen Diaz drew the short stick this evening. Ms Diaz didn’t get any offense in as Mariah didn’t waste any time going to work.

Mariah caught a charging Carmen with a superkick to floor her to the mat. Followed by a front cartwheel leg drop (The Greatest Legdrop). She backed up, giving Diaz the time to get to her feet. Diaz wished she had not. She went back to the mat, this time for good, as Mariah connected with a step up knee to the face (Starr Struck). The Starr dropped down to make the cover. Denika Hartwell made the academic three count.

Winner: Mariah “The” Starr.

Denika raised Mariah’s arm in the air. There was no showboating or theatrics from Mariah on this evening. She exited the ring with a purpose.

--

Kayla Jones is walking the halls, going towards the ready area. Her match against MAEVE to earn an X Division Title Match is imminent. But Kayla stops once she spots her sister, Angelica Jones, standing nearby. The younger Jones immediately turns and approaches Angelica. The Dragon, upon seeing her sister, approaches her and embraces her in a tight hug.

Angel: Kayla! What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn’t you go to the ring? Your match against MAEVE is next!

Kayla: I have plenty of time. I just wanted to check on you. How are you holding up after Seven Stages of Hell with Jazmyn?

Angel: That match was a month ago. I was more battered, bruised, and cut up than at any time in my career, but I have physically recovered.

Kayla: What about mentally? I know you wanted to beat Jazmyn.

Angelica nods her head.

Angel: I did. I mean, no one wants to lose, right? But honestly, Kay, I’m just glad it’s over. And if Jazmyn is going to be driven that insane unless she beats me, then hey, let her have the win. I’m happy for her.

Kayla arches her brow.

Kayla: You really are taking this well.

Angel: I’ve learned a lot in the past few months, especially since I’ve been hanging around Kimberly and managing her career over in SCW. I have learned that there are more important things in life than being the absolute best at something. If you are so obsessed over winning or being a champion, you could miss out on a lot. So I’m not worried about Jazmyn anymore. My plan is to move on and focus on Civil War.

Kayla: You’re going to enter?

Angelica nods her head.

Angel: Damn right I am. Civil War only comes around once a year and who knows? I could win this year. I am a former Civil War Match winner back when this place was Global DIVISION of Wrestling. And even if I don’t win, I could place. If I place third or second, I get a title opportunity.

Kayla: Well good luck with that, Angel, because you will competition. Namely me.

Kayla grins.

Kayla: I plan to enter Civil War as well.

Angel: May the best sister win?

Kayla: Sounds like a plan.

Kayla walks off.

--

We cut backstage where we find Janice King, the ever-so arrogant Hall of Fame journalist (just ask her, she will tell you all about it). The Hall of Famer has an arrogant, smug smirk on her face as she stands backstage next to her guest at this time, none other than Julia Braddock. The Kensington Knockout she is wearing a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Janice King and I am the first journalist to ever be inducted into the GCW Hall of Fame! EAT THAT DEXTER!

She winks.

Janice: And as always, I have all of the big time interviews. Tonight my guest was the final GCW Global Champion and the winner of the previous two Civil War Matches. Please welcome “The Kensington Knockout” Julia Braddock!

Julia: Thank you for that warm welcome, Janice.

Janice: You’re welcome! So first question is, regarding the Civil War Match, you have won it two years in a row, in order to get your GCW World Championship rematch you will have to win it three years in a row. Do you think you can pull it off? Do you think you can make a historic third straight Civil War Match victory?

Julia: Well let’s rewind things a little, Janice. Two years ago there were so many stars in that Civil War Match and me? I had just returned from the darkest and most depressing point in my professional career. With so many bright stars, so many incredible talents, and me in my deepest of depressions, no one expected me to win. But I pulled it off. I had turned my darkness into light. I just had to cap it off with a world championship win at Resurrection. But I failed. And after losing to Nadia Allen everyone said I was done. My run was over. But I still believed in myself. I fought back and won the GCW Global Championship a couple of months later. Then last year’s Civil War Match, after being screwed out of my Global Title by Kelsai, I could have just demanded a rematch but no, I wanted to earn my shot in the Civil War Match. People thought I was crazy for not taking the shortcut. People thought I was insane for not exercising my rematch clause. But I knew that I was capable of winning the Civil War Match for a second straight year and guess what? I did it! I won the Civil War Match two years in a row and I went on to reclaim the GCW Global Championship!

She shakes her head.

Julia: This year has been different. D’Nae Moore is the undisputed champion and fair play to her. She earned it. Yes, I have been passed over for a one on one title shot. And I could have a legitimate gripe, considering I was never pinned to lose the Global Title. But I don’t complain nor do I make excuses. The Kensington Knockout just keeps fighting and since the championship unification, I have only lost ONE MATCH…singles or tag…

Braddock holds up one finger.

Julia: …I have only lost once since I lost the championship. In that time not only have I put myself in a great position for a potential title match, but Destiny and I have put ourselves in terrific position to claim a tag team championship match. On Livewire, we defeated Kowloon. Yes, the same Kowloon who will receive a tag team title match next week. Do you see me complaining? No. Akeem earned that briefcase and earned the right to call his shot when he saw fit. But I want everyone to remember that we have beaten four former tag team champions and the current number one contenders to the tag titles. And yes, Civil War IS around the corner, Janice. Destiny and I could easily put on a show in the Civil War Match. We both could place. One of us could win it all. Hell, I COULD win my third straight Civil War Match and make history.

She shakes her head.

Julia: Or we could cash in, we could call our shot, when we want, where we want. We have beaten the best GCW has to offer. We have been damn near unstoppable. If we have to go through Civil War to earn our opportunity then so be it, but we are laying out the challenge to D’Nae Moore or Sky Bird…or both…whoever is feeling gutsy, whoever is feeling up to taking on the challenge, then step up to the plate and see how good Destiny and I really are.

Janice: Are you calling your shot?

Julia: You could say that. Destiny and I are not arrogant, we are just confident. We are confident because we have been tested by some of the best talents in GCW. But now we are ready to test ourselves against the currently recognized ABSOLUTE BEST in the company…and that right now in the singles division is D’Nae Moore. For the tag team division, its Ana and Skylar. We want to put ourselves to the test. That’s all we want. And if presented with the chance, Skye Life WILL pass the test. That is a Vow of Chastity.

Braddock turns and walks off.

--

[Roderick Osborn stands backstage alongside the three members of Kowloon. M.A.E.V.E glares at Akeem, who stands with his chest high. Savino has his arms crossed, face tightened.]

Roderick: Roderick Osborn here. I'm standing with Kowloon and...doesn't take a mind reader to point out that there's some tension here.

[M.A.E.V.E doesn't take her eyes off of Akeem. Akeem leans forward, curling his lips.]

Akeem: What you looking at? This ain't even about you. This ain't even...you love telling me what I can and can't do.

[M.A.E.V.E steps closer to Akeem. Akeem doesn't budge.]

Akeem: Get out my face. For real. Get out my face.

[Savino then walks towards both and get in between the two. M.A.E.V.E. slaps Savino's arm down, then does it again when Savino tries to restrain her.]

Akeem: You dont get to do that anymore. You don't get to do that!

Savino: Keem, stop.

[M.A.E.V.E. lunges towards Akeem but is held back by Savino. M.A.E.V.E. then shoves Savino, who responds by giving an incredlous expression.]

M.A.E.V.E: Selfish!

[M.A.E.V.E. shouts towards Akeem.]

M.A.E.V.E: F**king selfish.

Savino: M.A.E.V.E relax.

[M.A.E.V.E. gives a dirty look to Savino before storming off. Akeem snares a bit, holding his hands on his hips. Savino whips around and stares at him.]

Savino: Hey! Hey! We gotta stop this. We gotta stop this. This stays in house. We can't let this stuff spill out.

Akeem: I'm good. For real. i'm good.

Savino: You're not.

[Akeem shakes his head.]

Savino: Why you shaking your head? I didn't tell you to cash in for next week? We had a plan.

Akeem: nah that was your plan. I ain't waiting. We ready now. We ready now. Ole girl the only one that got a scrap between us. I'm done waiting. We had that chance long time ago and we got hsoed outta that. We didn't get a rematch. We didn't get nothing.

Savino: You gotta talk to us about it!

Akeem: I'm tired of talking. Talking for the birds. Them two girls that got the scraps right now be talking to them. I'm done with that. I'm about action. We ready now. We were ready a week ago. We were ready a month ago. We work hard. We put it down always. I'm don waiting. It had to be done.

[Savino balls his fist.]

Savino: But you didn't tell us. We are a team. All of us. That's the foundation of this. Communication. All pulling in the same direction.

Akeem: What you think I'm doing? This is what's best. You gon see next week. This ain't even what I want to do. You know I'm one on one. I ain't with this tag shit. But I got what I got and we working with it. We get those straps, trust me. We ready, Vino. You know that. She know that too. This whole thing where she getting the belts and we get nothing over with.

[Savino takes a step back and seethes a bit. Akeem shakes his head.]

Akeem: You gon see. We got this.

[Akeem goes to pat Savino on the shoulder, but Savino swaps his hand away. Akeem looks annoyed before shaking his head and walking away. Savino glares at Roderick before walkng the opposite direction.]

--

Main Event:
Contendership Match for the X-Division Championship
Kayla Jones Vs M.A.E.V.E.

Mara Kade joined Jim Bishop and Jack Griffith at the commentary desk. She wanted a front row seat for who her next challenger would be.

Things began showing that M.A.E.V.E and Kayla Jones (despite the experience gap between them) were quite evenly matches. Both women took it slow, not quite familiar with the other. Not wanting to use up their respective bag of tricks. About two minutes in, M.A.E.V.E did catch Kayla with a pretty stiff discus clothesline to the back of the head. With Kayla’s neck history, the crowd groaned. M.A.E.V.E slowed it down for a little while, continuing to work the neck. Ever the resilient competitor, there was enough separation between M.A.E.V.E and Kayla for Mrs Jones to break out Kaylan Wind... #2. The handspring round house kick. (#1 is Sweet Chin Music).

Kayla enjoyed having the advantage. Also managed to connect with Winter is Coming (knee strike to head). Not to be denied, M.A.E.V.E kicked out.

Kayla tried for Kaylan Wind... #3 (Springboard Spinning Heel Kick). M.A.E.V.E say it coming a mile away. Ducked. As Kayla got up, M.A.E.V.E broke out her own version of the Kaylan Wind #1, all this did was buy M.A.E.V.E some time to gain her bearings.

M.A.E.V.E picked the pace up. Performed her running cannonball while Kayla was seated in the corner. Followed that up with repeated knee strikes while Kayla was in the corner. M.A.E.V.E was picking up momentum. Managed to get some near falls. Kayla found a second wind of her own when she caught M.A.E.V.E with a Alabama Slam that was enough for a two count. Kayla motioned that’s it. She backed up, measuring M.A.E.V.E for what we assume was the Kaylan Wind #1.

There was a murmur from the crowd. Not at Kayla. Aubriana Powers made her way to the ring, Mara left the announce position to confront Aubrianna. Both women jaw jacked. Aubrianna wasn’t jacking for long when Mara drove her head into the thick skull of Aubrianna, knocking her down to the mat. Thanks to Mara, Aubriana’s attempted distraction was all for nought.

M.A.E.V.E rose to her feet. Kayla went for the kill shot. M.A.E.V.E ducked. She grapvined Kayla’s arm around her leg. Shifts the leg around Kayla’s knee. Pushing Kayla’s head down, M.A.E.V.E underhooks Kayla’s other arm. From the standing base she brings Kayla down to the mat, shifts the momentum so Kayla’s shoulders are on the mat. Referee Malcolm Stride dropped down to make the count.

Winner: And #1 contender to the X-Division Championship, M.A.E.V.E

People inside the arena were shocked. Safe to say Kayla was to by the expression on her face when M.A.E.V.E released the very unique pin. Not missing a beat, Kayla clapped M.A.E.V.E on a job well done. With a smile on her face, Mara Kade left the announce desk. She entered the ring to get up close and personal with her #1 contender. As Kayla left the ring, the show ended with Mara Kade and M.A.E.V.E having a face to face. M.A.E.V.E did glance at the X-Division Championship on occasion, mostly, both women kept their eyes on each other as Shotgun faded to black.