Livewire 12.02

randy

Livewire 12.02

Post by randy » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:34 pm

[Akeem the Supreme paces around somewhere backstage. It appears to be where the interviews are held as their is a flat screen behind them. Savino rubs his hands together, snarling with a white towel draped on his head. The "shoosh" sound coming from Akeem's sleek black track jacket can be heard as he goes back and forth.]

Akeem: Today's that day. We finally here! Those tag belts been ours for a minute. Time to collect.

[Akeem smiles wildly.]

Akeem: We got the bird lady and her friend walking around with those things like they own it. They don't own nothing. That's Kowloon property since August of 2021. The people running things. They didn't give up the rematch we deserved. They made us walk around here starving. I'm not a loser. All things equal, I would put everyone here to sleep. These hands, these elbows, these knees. They're a problem. I'm a problem and they know it. All these tag teams, they know it.

[Savino crosses his arm.]

Akeem: I'm tired of waiting. I had to do what I did. It had to be done. If we're being real, Silverstone don't really know what she sleeping on. I remember going three months, four months not getting any action. Like I'm a scrub. I ain't a duck. I'm Geese. I'm Geese Howard in this. Big boss. Geese, Bison, Goku. Im really like that. And I've been like that. We been like that. Skyebird, it's over for you. I feel like Silverstone really want y'all to be the ones. She wants y'all to be on all those posters and cups. We squashing that. Put Akeem on those cups. Put Akeem on the posters for the kids.

[Akeem points at the camera.]

Akeem: I deserve this one. We deserve this one. Me and my brother right here. No more sleeping on Kowloon. People making a big deal out of last week. Like I should accept waiting. Y'all can do that. I'm always going to dare to be great. That's all I know and I know me and Vino can do that. So we're going to do what we do and y'all are going to watch.

[Savino takes off the towel.]

Savino: What was said and done last week is said and done. It doesn't matter about when we should have used this spot or not. We try to keep everything in house but like Keem said, when you want to be great, frustrations boil over. We talked. Man to man. Eye to eye. Whenever we've had an issue, we go on top of that summit and we talk it out. I had to admit, maybe I was being too cautious. Maybe I was holding it too close to the vest.

It doesn't matter when you get to this point. All that matters is that we're of one man. On the same page. Committed to lay down our bodies for the other guy. That's the foundation of what Kowloon stands on.

[Savino glares at the camera.]

Savino: Skybird, it was a storybook run to get those tag titles. You guys went through so much just to finally get it. I applaud the hustle but we got the same hustle, the same drive and more! We coming down to that ring, stronger than ever. More unified than ever. A spirit of unity and endurance. A will that can not be teached. A drive that can't be stopped. Tonight, that storybook run is closed. A new book is written for us. Me and Akeem, through hell and high water, through triumph and strength, through thick and thin, we will run through you and we will finally be Tag Team Champions.

[Akeem laughs.]

Akeem: Skybird, three options. Tap. Snap or Nap.

[Akeem smirks before they walk off.]

--

Pre-recorded…

The cameras begin to roll. We are in front of a plain gray backdrop. Standing there in the center of the screen is “The Crown Jewel of Professional Wrestling” Marie Annabelle Jones. Marie is dressed in a tight form fitting red dress, red high heeled pumps, and her signature black leather jacket. A smug, confident smirk is etched across her lovely features as she stares into the camera.

“It is that magical time of year, isn’t it? That magical time of year where careers can turn on a dime. You may be a zero but this time of year you can instantly make yourself a star. Or in the case of Twin Magic, we can put ourselves right back into the championship discussion in an instant.” She snaps her fingers. “Just like that!” She points at the camera. “D’Nae, you are the reigning GCW World Champion. And damn it, you earned it the hard way, and you have defended it proudly, honorably. I can respect that. But you know what? I have held that same championship as well.” She holds up fingers.

“I have held it on five separate occasions. Three time World Champion, two time Global Champion. I would love to have an opportunity at a sixth championship.” As if on cue we see Marie’s identical twin sister entering the scene. The eccentric Kim is dressed in a plaid pink knee length skirt, boots, a matching plaid pink jacket, and a purple plaid shirt underneath. She has her SCW Underground Championship title belt, HKW Bloodlust Championship title belt, and ‘Datura Invented’ Unsanctioned Championship title belts all with her.

“Don’t forget about me, sis!” Kim says with a playful wink. “Though in fairness, I already have a guaranteed championship match elsewhere. But you and I, how long has it been since we have held tag team championship gold?”

“Far too long.”

“Precisely! And you’re right, this season is magical…sorta like Alice in Wonderland or any of that other fantasy shit…because tonight, by beating MooreAmerica, we can prove that you and I still have what it takes as a tag team.”

Marie looks over at Kim. “So you promise not to just maim them for shits and giggles?”

“Scouts honor!” Kim says, smiling innocently. “I would never do anything to intentionally sabotage your goals!”

“Excellent.” Marie smirks as she turns back to face the camera. “Because when Kim and I are on the same page, we are damn near unstoppable. People forget that we are former tag team champions in GCW. We did it before and we can do it again. I am a former World Champion. I did once, I can do it again. See, people talk about the Civil War Match and how it is a golden opportunity to punch your ticket to Resurrection, to guarantee yourself a tag title match, an undercard title match, or a world title match in the main event.”

“It certainly is!” Kim exclaims. “And one or both of us will place in Civil War!”

“That’s right. But why wait until Civil War? We could make a statement and punch our ticket right here and now by beating the world champion and the person who is arguably her number one contender. That’s what we plan to do tonight.”

“See ya soon!” Kim waves playfully at the camera.

--

The crowd around the arena is restless before being snapped out of their trance by a booming voice over the loudspeakers…

Announcer: "Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the national anthem…"

As the crowd rise to their feet, the opening chords to Iced Earth's version of The Star-Spangled Banner begin to play. As red, white, and blue sparkling pyro cascades down onto the stage, Miss America walks out, a long sleeveless coat lined with Old Glory on her shoulders and an American flag top hat on her head. The music changes over to the heavy guitar riffs of "(You Can Still) Rock in America" by Night Ranger as Miss America removes her hat, frisbeeing it into the crowd for a rare souvenir, before starting to move down the ramp, slapping the hands of the little American fans in the crowd. She gets to the apron, sliding onto the edge of the ring, turning and putting her hands in the air before climbing into the ring and rounding the corners before finally taking the microphone from the timekeeper. The crowd’s affirmative response brings a smile to the young woman’s face.

Miss America: “Damn, we got a rowdy crowd out here tonight!”

The Birmingham, Alabama crowd roars in approval.

Miss America: “Now in a few moments here, I’m gonna be joined by the Undisputed World Champ, D’Nae Moore, and she and I are gonna be taking on Twin Magic. But that ain’t why I’m out here tonight. I’m here to talk about the Civil War and the Road to Resurrection.”

She nods her head as she walks around.

Miss America: “I’m sure y’all heard me at Survival of the Fittest back in December proclaim that I was gonna use my EARNED World Championship match at Resurrection to compete for that very same Undisputed Championship that my best friend carries with such pride and respect now. And a lot of you have been asking what that means for my Civil War plans. And, not to state the obvious, but that does mean that I will NOT be competing in the Civil War match.”

The crowd is clearly disappointed, but surely understands.

Miss America: “But that don’t mean I ain’t spoilin’ for a fight! Far as I can see, my dance card is wide open and if someone wants to make a name for themselves or make a case to be a top contender down the line, this is the chance to step up. So right now… let’s put it out there. I will be at Civil War. I will be ready to compete, because I ain’t just gonna be a passenger on the Road to Resurrection… I’m gonna be in the driver’s seat!”

With that, Miss America drops the microphone, playing to the crowd as her music plays up briefly…

--

MooreAmerica Vs Twin Magic
[Miss America and Marie Jones start the match for their respective teams. Marie with a spinning heel kick and several arm drags. Marie attempts a superkick but Miss America catches the foot and then fires off Fireworks. Miss America with a hard lariat. She whips Marie into the MooreAmerica corner where she tags out to D’Nae. Miss America and D’Nae with two person flapjack. D’Nae with a Flip The Script. The cover and a two. D’Nae goes for Dirty South but Marie counters with a neck breaker. Marie tags out to Kim. Kimberly in with a scissors kick and then an stf. D’Nae reaches the ropes. Kim tags out to Marie. Marie and Kim lock in A House Divided. They keep it on for a few seconds but Miss America is quick to break it up. Miss America ends up brawling with Kim to the outside. This doesn’t work out well for her, outside the ring is Kim’s wheelhouse. Kim snaps off a ddt on the outside. Meanwhile Marie drops Moore with a bulldog and then comes off with Divine Impact for a cover but D’Nae kicks out at two. Marie tags out to Kim. Kim measures D’Nae for Shadowblade but D’Nae avoids the contact and then drills her with Mooregasm. D’Nae cannot cover. She instead tags out to Miss America. Miss America in with a lariat to Kim and then a spinning heel kick. Miss America with Red White Black and Blue Kick. She whips Kim into the ropes. Marie blind tags in. Kim comes off with Shadowblade knocking Miss America right into an Ave Maria from Marie, Out of the Shadows and into the Light! Marie covers but D’Nae breaks it up. Kim charges D’Nae but the champion backdrops her over the top and to the floor. D’Nae with a suicide dive over the top taking out Kim. Marie has Miss America set up for the Hot Shot but Miss America back drops out of it. Miss America tags out to D’Nae Moore. Miss America with Fireworks to Marie and D’Nae follows it up with Mooregasm. The cover by the champion…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: MooreAmerica

--

Backstage…

Jonathan Scarborough, the self-annointed GCW Fever Champion, can be seen pacing through the hallway. This time, his belt is a replica of the old World Championship as sold by GCW with the word “FEVER” overtop of the GCW logo. The belt is wrapped around his waist as he paces through the hallway, a phone pressed to his ear.

Scarborough: “Look… it’s like I told you, the Bling Empire doesn’t want to deal with just ANYBODY. If you want to do business with the hottest… and I mean HOT-test… force on the globe, you’re going to have to go through me. … Who am I? … I’m the (unofficial) male ambassador to the Bling Empire. … What? I didn’t mutter? … You’re lying! … Okay… whatever, bye. Lose this number.”

Scarborough hangs up the phone, sliding it back into his pocket. As he turns around shaking his head, he is immediately face to face with Hall of Fame interviewer, Dexter Russell. Dex raises an eyebrow.

Russell: “The male ambassador to the Bling Empire?”

Scarborough: “Unofficially… look, are you going to make a thing of this?”

Russell: “Do you think they’ll be happy that you’re using their name?”

Scarborough: “Hey! Don’t try to start trouble between my girls and I…”

Russell: “Are they your girls though?”

Scarborough: “Semantics!”

Without another word, Scarborough scoffs at Russell and storms out of the scene, throwing his hands up in the air as he goes. Dex chuckles as he shakes his head.

--

[Travis Vessey is seen smirking while Janelle St. Claire is next to him with a microphone in her hands. Travis is dressed in a black tailor made suit jacket with matching dress pants. His hands are shoved into his pockets.]

Janelle: Thank you guys. I'm currently with Travis Vessey and Travis, this is the time of the year that you love the most. Civil War season. The Civil War a month away. We all know how much you want to be back in the main event of Resurrection and become World Champion again. You looked sharp last week when you defeated a very game Amber Diamond. But something tells me you aren't satisfied.

[Travis chuckles a bit.]

Travis: You know me well, Janelle. As does everyone out there. They know what I'm about and the standards that I hold to myself. Amber Diamond, that was a hell of an effort last week. There wasn't a moment where I thought I was going to lose. However, you gave it your best shot. You gave it your all and I commend you for that. I hope to see you again one day. But yes Janelle, I expected to win that match. I am not where I am in this business, in this company, if I was satisfied with one victory.

[Travis pauses.]

Travis: And honestly, who is satisfied with just doing enough? There's a lot of people out here who work 9 to 5. Work 60 hours, Work weekends and don't see their families. They work hard for everything that they have to put food on the table, to feel accomplished. They're just satisfied with doing good enough. They want to be the best. Because they get the promotion. They get more money. They become undeniable. I am no different than all of you.

[Travis glares towards the camera.]

Travis: In April it'll be nine years since I came to this company. It'll be ten this year since I became a pro wrestler. I have never had designs of being anything less than the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots. The Hall of Fame was a goal but not the goal. Winning the World title, it gets me closer to what I really want and that's to be the undisputed, greatest wrestler in GCW history. I'm playing for keeps, Janelle. That's the only way I know how to be. I expect to win Civil War. I expect to become World Champion once again and I promise you.

[Travis points to the camera.]

Travis: All of you that I will not cheat the game. I am a man of my word. When i say I'm going to do something, I will do it. And this is one of those things. The World title. The status of being the top dog. I want it. It's been too long without it. And together, we will get back to that spot.

[Travis nods.]

Janelle: Thank you for this time.

Travis: Always a pleasure, Janelle.

[He then walks away.]

--

Backstage, we see Patience getting the lighting right for a selfie before her match, as we also see Carmen Santana beside her smiling. The angle is just right, as she smiled and takes a shot, as Grace is backstage with her.

Grace Moretti: How are my champions today? You've got a big match coming up tonight.

Patience Winters: Yes, and about that...

She said, with a bit of a catty tone, as she would speak to Grace.

Patience Winters: I don't know who they think they are. I'm no one's lackey, and I'm not going to be falling in line for their little ego trip.

Grace Moretti: "They can believe whatever they want to believe. We all know The Beautification Movement are the real stars around here, but, an alliance is beneficial for us. We may have to eat crow for a little bit, however, you'll be the champion that you deserve to be, as will Faith and Carmen."

Grace replied, as she knew her clients weren't happy with how things have been going lately.

Carmen Santana: They should be extra thankful we're helping them out. We look out for each other! They only care about themselves.

Patience Winters: "It's bad enough that Faith had her flight get delayed... or a blessing. Because, Alabama... eww."

She said with a massive look of disgust on her face.

Patience Winters: "But, Carmen and I are going out there, and are going to embarrass the El Perros. But, if Danielle thinks that I'm not gunning for the title, she must be out of her goddamn mind."

Patience said firmly, as she walked off screen, with Grace wondering if this was as good if an idea as she originally thought.

--

The Beautification Movement (Patience and Carmen) vs The El Perros.
[Carmen with a wheel kick and an enziguri to El Perro. A cartwheel arm drag and then a tag to Patience. Patience with a bulldog and then a Russian leg sweep. Patience with a superkick to Mrs. El Perro, knocking her off the apron. Patience distracts the referee allowing Carmen to drop Mrs. El Perro with an X-Factor on the outside! Patience with Coldspring to El Perro. Patience tags out to Carmen. Carmen off the top with SoCal Sunburn. The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS: The Beautification Movement

[Milana Radek enters the ring and, with Carmen and Patience, begin to put the boots to the fallen El Perro and Mrs. El Perro. The crowd boos as the beating continues. Just then the fans erupt into cheers when Aria Stevens-Crawford hits the ring. Aria peels Carmen off and starts throwing rights. But Milana is right there with a Cosmetic Crush. Carmen begins beating down on Aria while Milana and Patience continue to beat on the El Perros. Then the fans cheer again when Izzi Grimes hits the ring but she is weidling a steel chair! Seeing that not only are the sides beginning to even up but that one side now has a weapon, The Beautification Movement decides to flee, for now. They exit just as Izzi gets in the ring to check on Aria.]

--

The scene opens up inside the locker-rooms, where Envy Ellis can be seen sitting on the benches. She’s not dressed for specific competition, but she is still clad in clothing she could comfortably fight in. With her hands on her knees, she looks to the camera.

Envy: “There are a lot of prissy bitches who whine way too much, talk way too big, and simply don’t back it up. The difference between me and them?”

She smirks.

Envy: “I own my mistakes, like my year-long obsession with a fellow competitor, spawned by the fact that she was seemingly always one step ahead of me. I don’t talk bigger than my fists can support. And frankly, I CAN back up every single word I utter.”

Envy sits back, resting with her back against the wall.

Envy: “So if the Dani Page and the Bling Empire want to run their mouths about taking over, they’re free to do that… just like I’ll freely and happily put them back in their places.”

She leans forward again, glaring directly into the camera.

Envy: “Empire… talk is cheap, something you have in common with it. But lucky for you, the ass-kicking I’m going to dish out is free.”

With that, the scene cuts.

--

We cut backstage to the dressing room of the duo known as Fabulous. Currently “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz is there by herself, staring blankly at her image in the mirror. Lasiewicz is dressed in denim jeans, a black crop top, and a black hooded leather jacket with the hood pulled up over her head. She looks a lot less like her happy cheerful Fabulous cheerleader self and more like The Archangel of old.

Jessica: Praca z moim przyjacielem była zabawą. Byliśmy mistrzami. Byliśmy najlepsi. Miniony rok był ciężką walką. Zawiodłem się, bo wiem, że stać mnie na dużo więcej. Mogę zostać mistrzem świata. Mogę wygrać mecz wojny secesyjnej.

Lasiewicz utters a low growl.

Jessica: Nadchodzi mój czas. W tym roku nie odmówię. Tym razem Archanioł będzie...

Just then she stops as she hears the door opening. She turns in time to spot her best friend and tag team partner Summer Collins entering. Summer is wearing her tri-colored royal blue, black, and white cheerleader uniform with “Fabulous” printed on the front.

Summer: Hi, Jess, I was just…

Collins stops and looks at her.

Summer: Did you forget you outfit, babe?

The Archangel slowly approaches Summer and gets right in her face.

Jessica: 2014 I came in second place in the Civil War Match. I was the runner up!

She shakes her head.

Jessica: I haven’t come close since. But I know I am capable of winning a Civil War Match. I know you are capable because I know of the potential within you. We have fought side by side and we have fought against one another for so damn long that I know how good you are. There is no damn reason why you, me, or hell, BOTH OF US shouldn’t at the very least PLACE in this year’s Civil War Match! Groups like The Bling Empire or teams like Skye Life are talking about winning everything! You and I are capable of that very feat, Summer! Why don’t we aim for that kind of goal? Why are we just going to settle for regaining the tag team championship when you and I both know that this absolutely Fabulous tag team is capable of so much more!

Collins sighs and nods her head.

Summer: Look, I know that things have been kinda down hill for us ever since we lost the tag team championship. But believe me, Jess, I have not lost faith in Fabulous. I still believe in what you and I are capable of. And you’re right, we SHOULD aim for the stars. We should go for the very top of the mountain. No settling.

Jessica: Good. I am tired of being on the outside looking in. This year, Civil War will be absolutely Fabulous…

Summer: …and Resurrection will be absolutely Fabulous!

Lasiewicz smirks.

Jessica: That’s what I’m talking about!

--

We cut to a backstage area. The setting is rather dark. While one light begins to flicker, we see a shadow emerging. That damn light. Can someone run to Home Depot? Either way a lighter comes into the frame first. The flame is burning even brighter than that one finicky light. Just then, while the crowd begins to stir even more, a “Riot Gear” leather jacket enters the frame. The fans automatically know who it is and begin to cheer. With a black backwards hat on, the figure turns her head around. She smiles. The arena breaks out into absolute uproar. She gets a smile on her face. She hasn’t felt that happy from a crowd response in a minute.

She takes a second to let their reaction sink in. She begins to choke up at first. It was abundantly clear that she couldn’t find the words to describe how warm of a reaction she was getting. She shakes her head, and turns her whole body around. This time she reveals a Riot Gear T-Shirt that reads “Real Girls Wear Riot Gear” on it, with pink spray paint in the background.

“Did you miss me?” She chuckles. “This Bitch From The 216 isn’t just “here.” She’s…Arrived. Here in GCW.” Again, more applause. “And I’m here for…Well, I’m here for a few reasons. And I’m not going to sugarcoat a damn thing.”

She turns her Riot Gear hat forward, and tucks the lighter in her pocket.

“Some of you…Some of you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Or maybe you have a grudge. Best yet, trying to just…Make a name for yourself. How. Cute. I’m not here for any of that. A chip? I’m the whole damn bag! And I’ve been holding grudges my whole life. And I’ve made a name for myself, wrestling all around the globe. In conclusion? I’m none of that. I’m tired of talking about how “hungry” I am. I’m tired of telling everyone who I am. But Hell, for those who don’t know?”

“I’m Serena Riot.” The crowd cheers. “And more importantly, I’m That Bitch From The 216. I have a list of names. And this list of names…I’m not exactly sharing with anyone. It’s mine. I took a lot of time, a lot of effort. And put a ton of aggression into this list. Because I got tired of sitting back and seeing the same faces run their mouths week in and week out. “Oh, I’m the best! I beat X Y and Z!!”...”Oh Hey! I got a title and no one can take it from me!”...Please. Y’all talk the same game. But no one, and I repeat NO ONE can get a handle on This Bitch.”

“I came from a dark place. I came from a place that my mind never wanted me to go to in the first place. And I’m here. To settle scores. And some of you. And you know who you are…Want to Stan me. It’s pretty obvious. You’re obsessed with me, taking these blind shots on social media. I ain’t about that game, and you’re not about that life. And for anyone who’s confused on who I’m talking about…Read between the lines. It’s there.”

Serena looks down and smiles. She takes the hat off for a split second. Her green and white facepaint is something we haven’t seen before. A good little touch.

“But once I take the trash to the curb, I’m going to be doing something I’ve…I’ve wanted to do for a very, very long time. And that’s become your World…Heavyweight…Champion! One by one…Piece by piece…Every single one of them is going to fall. And they’re going to fall hard. Life’s a bitch. And so one day. I’m going to kick major ass for that strap. And once I do, I want every single person. Literally everyone to call me That Champ From The 216. It’ll be my new name.”

“But until then…”

She smiles.

“Tick. Tock.”

--

Serena Riot In Action
[Serena’s debut opponent is none other than…Religious Wright. Wright waves his fake Bible hallowed out with lead inside at Serena and shouting repentance at her. Serena charges and connects with a running big boot, knocking the Bible back into his face! Wicked Ways! The cover but Religious Wright kicks out at two and a half. A roaring elbow and then a superkick. She locks in The Blackbook. Wright taps out.]
WINNER: Serena Riot

--

SIN: “Where, oh where, are my challengers?”

The scene opens up to a shot of Svetlana Iryna Nabokov… abbreviatedly known as SIN… in a black and white gym. As it is, she and her Heritage Championship are all the colour in the scene.

SIN: “I figured becoming a Champion in Global Championship Wrestling would have others clamouring for the opportunity to face me. I had guessed that maybe the allure of becoming a Champion would be enough to prompt the competition out of their bewildering cowardice and step up to the plate. And sadly, I have been let down.”

She extends her arms in a quizzical manner.

SIN: “Is there no one seeking to better their standing by challenging me for my Championship?”

A smirk crawls onto SIN’s ruby lips.

SIN: “I suppose there are other ways to entice competition, but that can be so messy. So instead I ask… do not hide yourselves. Take a chance and step into the ring with your Heritage Champion… because being a Champion is no fun if no one wants to challenge you. I promise you that I would make it worth my while.”

She unclasps her belt, swaying it as she holds it for the camera.

SIN: “You want this? Come and try me.”

With a smirk and a laugh, the scene shifts.

--

We cut backstage where we find GCW journalist Janelle St. Claire and she is currently with Kayla Jones.

Janelle: Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for joining us here tonight for GCW and please welcome my guest at this time, coming off of a difficult defeat last week on Shotgun, she is Kayla Jones.

Kayla nods her head.

Kayla: Thanks, Janelle.

Janelle: You did come up short against MAEVE of Kowloon in the X Division Title Contendership Match. But I assume now you are looking on to Civil War and possibly earning a title shot through that match?

Kayla: You got that right, Janelle. I do not live in the past, I look to the future and…

“Blah, blah, blah!”

Kayla rolls her eyes. She watches as Aubrianna Powers enters the scene. The MVP smirks knowingly.

Aubrianna: You know, you are a lousy journalist, Janelle. You should take some tips from Janice King or maybe my hubby Dexter Russell. Why don’t you ask her about getting her ass kicked on Shotgun? She claims to not live in the past but everyone knows that’s just a cop out. She is the very representation of the PAST! She is GCW’s past! I am GCW’s present and its future! And if she wants to talk Civil War…

The MVP smirks.

Aubrianna: Well, you are looking at the Civil War winner right here!

Kayla: I don’t live in the past, Powers. I always strive to move forward. Yet it seems that some problems of the past just keeps coming at me. Like a bad penny or a cockroach. You would think you would have learned your lesson by now after I humiliated you at Survival of the Fittest. But I’ll tell you what, you find a partner and I’ll find a partner, and we can do this dance one more time on Fever. How does that sound?

Powers nods her head.

Aubrianna: Any chance to humble the likes of you, I will take it. You’re on!

Powers turns and storms away. Kayla rolls her eyes again.

Kayla: Time to kick the past right in the mouth.

--

SANADA Vs Mara Kade
[SANADA with an axe kick and then an enziguri. SANADA with a pendulum kick and already she has the champion reeling. SANADA goes for a superkick but Mara Kade catches the foot and locks in a knee bar. SANADA eventually reaches the ropes. Mara with a running knee lift followed by a northern lights release suplex. SANADA rolls to the outside. Mara Kade with a suicide dive over the top taking out SANADA. Mara goes for a whip but SANADA reverses, sending the champion into the steel steps. SANADA rolls Mara back into the ring. SANADA with a springboard roundhouse kick. SANADA with a spinning backfist. SANADAslice! The cover but Kade kicks out at two. SANADA sets up for the SANADADeathDriver but Mara back drops out of it. Mara Kade with a discuss elbow smash and then a cross arm bar. SANADA reaches the bottom rope, forcing the break. Mara with a dragon screw and goes to lock in the knee bar again but SANADA counters with a small package and nearly gets a three. SANADA again goes for SANADAslice but this time Mara has it scouted and avoids contact. Bad Brains German from Mara Kade! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNER: Mara Kade

[Mara gets her arm raised while the crowd buzzes. She uses her free hand to clutch the back of her neck before stumbling backwards onto the ropes.One of the staff members at ringside tosses in her X Division title. Mara glares at them, motioning for a microphone as well. She then lowers down and scoops up her belt, placing it across her right shoulder. A mic is then tossed in. Mara reaches and then grabs it. Her music fades. The crowd roars. Mara breaths heavily into the mic.]

Mara: Hey. Hey, hey. Hey. Hey M.A.E.V.E.This one is for you, bitch.

[Some of the crowd perks up a bit and oohs.]

Mara: You've wanted me for a long time. I remember a few years ago. I went down to the Rabbit. Caught up with Johnny. Tipped a few back. And by a few, it was like three to four. Drinking each other to the floor. And I remember when it got around to the newbies coming through those raggedly assed, booze smelling doors, he said. And this guy, the most groveling voice you could ever imagine. He said, "this girl. She's a bat out of hell. Looks like someone from My Chemical Romance. Her eyes can kill. She's got it. She could be the best that comes out of here."

[Mara sports a wry grin.]

Mara: The man that trained me. Taught me everything he knew said that about you. To my face. Every since that day, I wanted your head, too.

[Mara clutches her belt. The crowd oohs a bit.]

Mara: We're finally doing this. And I feel like a kid on the day Christmas, waiting to see what Santa brought me. Whenever they make this match. it could be next week. It could be the week after. It could be Civil War. I don't care. Your ass belongs to me. And Johnny, I love you but you are wrong. I will always be the best person you've ever trained and I look forward to hitting you up at the bar, tipping a few back with M.A.E.V.E.'s head on a stick.

[Mara chuckles.]

Mara: I'm going to bash your head in, bitch. And I'm going to keep this title too. You want it back? Good. Reach out far enough and I'm ripping your arms out of your body, too. You're not the only one who's wanted this. Trust me, I'm ready.

[Mara throws the mic down as "Hammer to Fall" blares over the PA system again. The crowd cheers as Mara slides underneath the bottom rope and starts heading up the ramp.]

--

GCW Hall of Fame interviewer, Janice King, can be seen standing by.

King: “That’s right… I, the ORIGINAL Hall of Fame Interviewer, am here live on location backstage where I have been promised an EXCLUSIVE interview with none other than Mariah “THE” Starr!”

The camera scrolls back, and Mariah is standing right there.

King: “Mariah, you graciously offered to take time for this interview, and INSISTED that only I would be qualified to conduct it, right?”

Mariah: “S…sure?”

King: “Outstanding! Back to y…”

Mariah reaches out, taking the microphone hand of the interviewer, guiding the microphone back to her.

Mariah: “Aren’t you going to ask me why?”

King: “Why? I assumed it was because I was so gr…”

Mariah: “Just… just go.”

King: “Back to y…”

Janice is cut off again, this time by Mariah removing the microphone from her hand. Mariah snaps her fingers, and a couple bodyguards step between her and Mariah.

King: “Hey!”

Mariah steps to her right, moving away from the scene she was standing in… more aptly forcing the camera to turn and crop Janice and her bodyguards out of the shot.

Mariah: “That’s better.”

She fixes her hair briefly and looks to the camera.

Mariah: “Last year, I was on a high that could not be matched. I sent the legendary Hall of Fame wrestler Chantelle Chambers into retirement on her back. I avenged the career-ending injury to my friend and mentor Isabella Harker. And I was poised to climb the ladder further, likely to gold within the year. But that last part… that wasn’t to be.”

Mariah swallows bitterly.

Mariah: “That last one is on me. I expected things to be gifted to me, but nothing in this business is. My career stalled… but no more. Civil War… I will go in and I will make a statement. Resurrection was my peak, and this year I’m going to climb back to that summit… I’m going to reclaim the spot I should have been destined for after last year. And this time, I’m going to put in the work and make it stick. You know… like we Starrs are known to do.”

She smiles, blowing a kiss to the camera before tossing the microphone back in the direction of Janice King. The scene shifts.

--

We cut backstage where we find Hall of Fame journalist Dexter Russell. He is sandwiched in between the duo known as Skye Life. To his right stands Julia Braddock; The Kensington Knockout is dressed to the nines in a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. To Dexter’s life stands Destiny Skye; in contrast, Destiny is dressed much more laid back in denim jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

Dexter: Ladies and gentlemen, my guests at this time have been making huge waves in the tag team division lately. They have beaten former GCW tag team champions, arguably the most decorated and dominant tag team in GCW history Fabulous, and they have most recently beaten the number one contenders Kowloon, Savino and Akeem, who will be challenging for the championships in tonight’s main event. Please welcome two ladies who certainly must be on cloud nine right now, Julia Braddock and Destiny Skye…better known as Skye Life!

Destiny: Thanks for that warm introduction, Dex, but the way you talk us up, it almost sounds as if our job is done. One thing I want to clear up right here and now is that Skye Life is not finished. Yeah, we accomplished a lot in the short time we’ve been together as a tag team. We have beaten some damn tough competition and I will give credit where credit is due, the last two victories coulda gone either way. Fabulous lived up to their name. And Savino and Akeem proved that they deserve that number one contender status. They proved that they earned this shot that they have tonight against Starling and Skylar. But guess what?

Destiny pats herself on the chest and then does the same to Julia.

Destiny: We beat them! We beat Fabulous, the team that has supposedly carried this division since day one. We beat Kowloon, the number one contenders who may very well be the new champions when tonight is over. We beat them, Dex! Now like I said, we are NOT resting on our laurels. We are looking for the next big challenge and I think you know damn well what the next big challenge for us in the tag team division is.

Dexter: The tag team championships, I would assume?

Destiny: Damn right! We’ve done it all except face the champions themselves. That’s our next goal. So let me give you a nice little bit of breaking news, Dex. Skye Life is hereby challenging the WINNERS of tonight’s main event for the Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Championship. If it’s Kowloon, then you boys have incentive don’t ya? Wouldn’t you like to get that win back? If it’s Skylar and Starling, then you can be the ones to try and stop our amazing run to the top of this division. Give it your best shot, because whoever it is, we are coming for you and those belts!

Braddock nods her head.

Julia: Destiny is right. We are NOT resting on our laurels, not one iota. This time of year you cannot afford to rest, you cannot afford to relax. You have to keep challenging yourself, you have to keep pushing yourself to go farther and farther in order to achieve your fullest potential. Destiny and I know that we have not yet reached our fullest potential. Do you know who you have standing before you, Dex?

The journalist shakes his head. Braddock smirks.

Julia: Destiny here is a former GCW World Champion. She has been in the main event of Resurrection. I am a former three time GCW World Champion. I have been in the main event of the last two Resurrections. I have won the last two Civil War Matches. That should give you an idea of what our potential really is. Together we have beaten some of the best tag teams to ever grace the hallowed halls of GCW. And I am certain that together we can beat the reigning champions SkyBird. If Kowloon wins tonight, then hell, we have already beaten them. So what is stopping us from going that next step? What is stopping us from doing something no other team in GCW has ever done? Think about it, Dex. GCW World Champion…GCW Heritage or X Division Champion…GCW World Tag Team Champions. Skye Life completely covered in gold.

Braddock shakes her head.

Julia: That’s not arrogance talking. That is me speaking cold hard facts. Destiny and I individually cannot make it happen but together as a united force we have an unlimited potential to achieve so much here in GCW. So yes, we are issuing a challenge for the tag team titles. We are also throwing down the gauntlet to the rest of the roster participating in the Civil War Match. We are going to take that Civil War Match by the throat and choke the life out of it. We are going to conquer the Civil War Match. And one of us will go on to main event Resurrection. THAT is a Vow of Chastity.

--

The camera is fixated on another television screen, the logo for the upcoming Civil War spectacular blazing out for all to see. As the camera pulled back, the stunning pair of Anastasia Starling and Skylar Rayner could be seen with their eyes on the screen, smiling broadly as they patted their Unified Tag Team Championship belts. They turned to each other, shrugging their shoulders as they played a short game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Ana pulled paper, while Skylar pulled scissors, winning the game and patting Ana on the back. Sky gave her a wink, Ana blushing beet red, as she turned to speak to the camera.

Anastasia Starling: In a few short weeks, the biggest, most challenging, awe inspiring match in GCW… And arguably wrestling itself… Comes around once again. Growing up, watching back when I was nothing more than a baby bird, this was the match that captivated me. Watching the likes of Cuchulain, Andreas Lasiewicz, Angelica and Kayla Jones, Jason Redfield, Fifi Mimosa and Coral Marie all put it on the line to advance on, survive and defeat everyone in their respective rings for an opportunity at the grandest prize in the company made me fall in love with battle royale matches, and the Civil War in general. It was one of the matches that inspired me to do what I do, and fly higher than anyone else before.

Clearly their game was to see who would talk, with the loser having to speak. They went another round. Same result. Ana paper, Sky scissors. Starling was up once again,

Anastasia Starling: Battle Royales became one of my specialities. HKW’s Supremacy Battle Royale, SSWA’s Iron Woman, Phoenix’s Boatle Royale, Revolution Eliminator… These are some of my biggest, most storied Battle Royale performances. And they all led to Civil War 2022… Where my GCW story began. And they led me and Skylar to these.

For the third round, Ana decided to pull out the scissors, but Skylar went rock, jumping up and down as she bounced her hair about, laughing at Ana’s misfortune as she continued on.

Anastasia Starling: Tonight is not Civil War, but we are on the road to it. And reaching the Civil War final granted us our opportunity at these beautiful, beautiful titles. It was a long, long journey from Civil War to get our talons on these belts, the better part of a year… And you better believe that we’re not ready to let go of them.

With that, Ana went for rock, Sky grasping her hand with paper, forcing Ana to go at it again as she giggled, leaving Starling flummoxed that she had lost their playful little game again.

Anastasia Starling: Me and Skylar wanted to thank our loyal, wonderful fans for backing us once more in the polls, just like they do whenever we step out to that ring. Without you, we can’t do what we do. And for that, let us tell you this… Our journey and quest for the GCW Tag Team Championships started at Civil War… And you better believe that when we get to Civil War, we will STILL have these championship belts around our waists. Savino and Akeem… You better be ready for the Triple Tag Team Champions of the World. And you better be prepared to leave empty handed, because these belts are not going anywhere.

They went one more round, Ana pulling scissors as Sky pulled the exact same, causing her to laugh as she winked to the camera and scampered off, leaving the Songbird blushing and stamping her feet playfully.

Anastasia Starling: Hey… a draw means we both speak, not you run off! Come back here!

Ana chased after her partner, calling out after her as the camera faded away.

--

Main Event:
Unified Tag Team Championship Match

Kowloon (Savino and Akeem The Supreme) Vs SkyBird ©
[Akeem insists that he wants to start off against Skylar. Skylar with a spinning heel kick a Mexican Arm drag, a hip toss, and a dropkick. Skylar attempts a flying forearm but Akeem catches her with a stiff European uppercut on the way down. Akeem with a front kick and then a backfist. Akeem with a brainbuster and then a cover but Skylar kicks out at one and a half. Akeem tags out to Savino. Savino with a death valley driver and a belly to belly overhead suplex. Savino with the cover and gets a two. Savino whips her into the ropes but lowers his head too early and Skylar makes him pay with a kick to the face followed by an enziguri and a shining wizard. Skylar tags out to Starling. Springboard into a diving leg drop bulldog onto Savino. Starling with a Spinning Bird Kick. She locks in The Merovingian Crucifix. After about thirty seconds Savino reaches the ropes, forcing a break. Ana whips him into the ropes. Akeem blind tags himself in. Ana with an arm drag and then Our Lady Peace that sends Savino tumbling to the outside. She turns right around into a roundhouse kick from Akeem.]

[Chickenwing facelock applied by Akeem. Ana manages to counter by running up the turnbuckles and back flipping over Akeem. Akeem cartwheels to avoid an Our Lady Peace by Ana. Discuss Forearm Smash by Akeem flooring Starling. Akeem whips her into the Kowloon corner where he tags out to Savino. Savino with a big splash in the corner. Ana staggers out and then Savino connects with an exploder suplex. Savino applies a cross legged STF. Starling makes it to the ropes after about a minute, forcing the break. Savino with an overhead belly to belly suplex and then tags back out to Akeem. Akeem goes for a brain buster but Starling slips out from behind. Ana hits the ropes and connects with a Polish Hammer. Ana with a springboard Polish Hammer that finally drops Akeem. He pops back up only to be floored by Pale Winged Passerine! Starling tags out to Skylar. Skylar with a swanton bomb! The cover but Savino in to break up the pin!]

[Starling and Skylar with stereo superkicks that sends Savino over the top rope and to the outside. Starling with a suicide dive over the top onto Savino. Skylar turns around just as Akeem is recovering. Skylar throws a superkick but Akeem spins around and locks in a straight jacket crossface. Skylar is fading. Starling with a springboard cross body to break it up! Savino in with a spear taking Starling out! Savino back to his corner and begs for the tag. Starling makes it to her corner just as Skylar recovers. Akeem is back to his feet. Skylar tags out to Starling. Instead of making the tag Akeem goes on the offense. He goes for a lariat but Starling ducks it and then hits a Polish Hammer to Savino, knocking him off the apron. Akeem charges into the corner but Starling ducks out of the way and Akeem slams into the turnbuckle. He staggers out and Starling drops him with Spinning Bird Kick. She hits the ropes…Sturnidae! The cover…1…2…3!]
WINNERS and STILL GCW World Tag Team Champions: SkyBird