Shotgun 12.04 (abridged version)

randy

Shotgun 12.04 (abridged version)

Post by randy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:18 pm

The crowd around the arena is restless before being snapped out of their trance by a booming voice over the loudspeakers…

Announcer: "Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the national anthem…"

As the crowd rise to their feet, the opening chords to Iced Earth's version of The Star-Spangled Banner begin to play. As red, white, and blue sparkling pyro cascades down onto the stage, Miss America walks out, a long sleeveless coat lined with Old Glory on her shoulders and an American flag top hat on her head. The music changes over to the heavy guitar riffs of "(You Can Still) Rock in America" by Night Ranger as Miss America removes her hat, frisbeeing it into the crowd for a rare souvenir, before starting to move down the ramp, slapping the hands of the little American fans in the crowd. She gets to the apron, sliding onto the edge of the ring, turning and putting her hands in the air before climbing into the ring and rounding the corners before finally taking the microphone from the timekeeper. The crowd’s affirmative response brings a smile to the young woman’s face.

Miss America: “Always great to be here in the great city of Tulsa… how’re you guys doing?”

The crowd roars affirmatively.

Miss America: “Now, I know I’m not on the card tonight, but I didn’t want to miss a chance to come out here and give some last words, so to speak, as we head into Civil War and the road to Resurrection.”

She paces around a bit.

Miss America: “There’s high stakes at Civil War, after all… I know I’m not in the big match itself but that’s for good reason. See, a year ago I won myself a golden ticket… the right to challenge the World Champion at any time I choose. I coulda taken the coward’s way and chose a time when the Champion is most vulnerable, but that wouldn’t be much of a Champion’s move, would it?”

The crowd agrees.

Miss America: “So I chose a time where it matters most of all: Resurrection, and now I have that shot on the biggest weekend of shows in the business! But before then, there’s a little shindig going on down in Tampa that demands my full attention and focus, because what could come of it is astronomical.”

Miss America pauses, surveying the crowd.

Miss America: “This Ultimate Sacrifice match… it’s something else, and if we’re honest I’m the one person in the match without really anything TO sacrifice… until you think about it. I know that if Skye Life takes the loss, they’re out of the Civil War, which especially for Julia Braddock would be hell… having the chance to three-peat taken away without ever setting foot into one of the three rings. If Skybird earns the L, they lose the World Tag Team Championships. And if D’Nae and I take the fall… the one taking the pin becomes World Champion. Sounds pretty cut and dry, don’t it? It would appear that I get to leave unscathed in any scenario… except that if *I* were to be pinned, I’d likely be down my closest friend in the business.”

She swallows deeply, nodding her head as she imagines that most unpleasant fate.

Miss America: “It’s not something I want to think about or have on my conscious, so we have to make sure that A) We ain’t losing that match, but more than that, B) We’re walking out with the victory!”

The crowd roars in anticipation.

Miss America: “D’Nae and I had this thought in our heads for a long time… knowing she was the Champ and I had the Destiny briefcase, we knew our match was inevitable. And we’re too close now… so close that I ain’t going to be doing a Got-danged thing to jeopardise it! At Civil War, you’re going to be seeing #MooreAmerica at it’s absolute BEST… and that is bad news for Skye Life and Skybird. We ain’t going to be the upstarts… this is the time for #MooreAmerica to establish itself truly as the standard in Global Championship Wrestling… and that’s just what we’ll do!”

The crowd roars again as Miss America drops the microphone, playing to the crowd as her music starts up again and the scene shifts.

--

The Bratz Lifee, Izzi Grimes & Aria Stevens-Crawford Vs Patience Winters, Carmen Santana , Milana Radek and Jonathan Scarborough

- In a wild clusterfuck of a match that saw the action break down as you’d expect, amidst the chaos, Jonathan Scarborough managed to pin Izzi Grimes by pulling her tights and using the ropes for leverage.

Winners: Patience Winters, Carmen Santana , Milana Radek and Jonathan Scarborough

--

Marisol Vilaro and “Diamond Princess” Danielle Page are in the Bling Empire locker room. Marisol hangs up her cell phone.

Marisol Vilaro:Vero sends her best for your match tonight, girl.

Danielle smiles.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Vero is the best. She is always thinking of others while the rest of the GCW roster is completely uncouth. From the bottom of the roster all the way to the top of the roster and Tabitha Silverstone.

Marisol Vilaro:Tabs has really shown how unsophisticated she truly is with how she treated us. Bling Empire is what carries this company and she can’t accept it.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Right, Mari, but she won’t be able to say anything when I win Civil War and book my title shot against that faux D’Nae Moore once again.

Marisol Vilaro:That will be such a beautiful sight, girl. That will happen and we in the Bling Empire will fulfill our golden prophecy.

“Diamond Princess” Danielle Page:Damn right we will, Mari! Just like tonight I will destroy Kim Williams and remind all of you once again why I am the most deserving person to be the GCW World Heavyweight Champion.

--

We cut backstage where we find one half of the duo known as Twin Magic. It is Marie Jones and we know this based on what she is wearing; she is definitely not dressed to compete tonight. The Phoenix has a big grin on her face and is dressed in a knee length black skirt, black open toed high heel pumps, a red silk blouse, and a black leather jacket.

Marie: Ladies and gentlemen, and specifically Bling Empire, I hope you were taking notes on Livewire. You ladies need to put in your place. Now I get it, success and money can go to your head. It makes you unbearable. I should know because I have been there and done that. Hell, you could probably relate to me a hell of a lot better than you could my sister Kimberly or even our partner at Civil War Jessi Osborne. I was once just like you, Danielle. I surrounded myself with people to protect me, to ensure that I would be a success. First it was Apocalypse, later it was Ginger Nation, then it was The Ginger Bitches. I had lackeys too. Unfortunately you have pissed off the wrong people and the opportunity for negotiation is gone. What happened on Livewire was just a taste of what you can expect at Civil War. We sent a message, that’s what Livewire was about. Tonight, the message is going to be sent again just in case you weren’t listening. So please, sit up and take notes, and pay attention to my twin sister, “The Woman Scorned” and “The Queen of the Death Match”, Kimberly Williams.

Just then Kimberly Williams steps into view. The Woman Scorned is wearing her crimson red and black ring gear. A sinister sneer is on her face.

Kimberly: Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?

She waves playfully at the camera.

Kimberly: Hi there, Danny! Can I call you, Danny? Actually, I don’t care. No one cares about you, not even your gaggle of uneducated geese who follow you around like little lost puppies. I would almost pity you. Almost. Because I was that way myself once. No one cared about me. People barely noticed me. I was just crazy Kim who was brought out of the closet and dusted off whenever a hardcore match was needed. It’s tragic, really. But then I turned that tragedy into a comedy by embracing the very image society wanted to place upon me. They wanted a violent, hardcore monster? I gave them the god damn Queen of the Death Match. With every ounce of blood I shed, with every ounce of blood my enemies shed, with every bit of skin I tore from the bodies of my victims, I made the entire damn world sit up and take notice of who the hell I am! I am no longer the forgotten daughter of Angelica Jones. I am Kimberly Williams. I am The Queen of the Death Match. I was born and raised to be a weapon…

Williams points a finger at the camera.

Kimberly: Now that weapon is being aimed at you. That weapon is being aimed at you and all of your delusional idiots. Page, you go out there and compete for championships and the money. That’s not why I do this job. It isn’t about the championships, it’s about sending a message. I don’t hurt people to win championships. I hurt people because they are awful. And you, Page, are one of the most awful people in the industry today. So tonight on Shotgun, I am going to do everything I can to make sure you do not make it to Civil War.

Marie: Danielle…The Bling Empire…you started something that you cannot finish. This right here, what me and Kim along with Jessi Osborne, what we are going to do to you and your lackeys at Civil War, it is our good deed for the year. Once we are finished with the likes of you, we are focusing on advancing our own goals and that happens in the Civil War Match. I remember the first ever Resurrection event. That was the night I won a single elimination tournament to become the first ever GCW World Champion. And I would love to go to this year’s Resurrection in the main event to challenge for the title.

The Phoenix pats Kim on the back.

Marie: And while Kim here may not be championship obsessed like most people in this business, I would still love to win tag team gold with my twin sister right here. And Kim would follow me to hell and back to become the GCW World Tag Team Champions. There is so much opportunity to be gained in the Civil War Match, not just for myself, but for my sister. And with Civil War fast approaching, you had better believe that we will do whatever it takes to get the job done.

--

Kim Williams Vs Danielle Page

- Marie Jones and Jessi Osbourne were at ring side for this one. Veronica and Mari stood in the corner of Danielle Page. The contest was highly competitive. Not much in the way of outside interference until the end. Marisol tried to distract the referee. Jessi Osbourne attempted to put a stop to that which brought Veronica to aide her friend. The referee was distracted by all this, Marie and Kim switched places... or did Kim and Marie switch places? Anywho, the switch, regardless of who it was led to Shadowblade being connected. Everything calmed down on the outside. And the referee made the three count. On the record, Kim won, but was it really Kim?

Winner: Kim Williams (or was it?)

--

Pre-recorded…

“The following has been paid for by Collins Incorporated, reminding you to be absolutely FABULOUS!”

Gold sparkles rain down from the heavens as a lovely soothing piano chord starts to play in the background. The scene opens in a luxurious living room area, specifically in front of an expensive marble fireplace. Summer Collins enters from stage right, dressed in a tight, form fitting forest green cocktail dress. Her best friend and tag team partner, “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz, enters the scene from stage left. She is wearing a tight, form fitting red cocktail dress. The Fabulous duo have confident smirks upon their faces.

Jessica Lasiewicz: Wszelkie próby podzielenia nas lub rozerwania są niemądrym przedsięwzięciem. To nie zadziała.

Summer Collins: I couldn’t have said it better myself, Jess. Whatever it is you said.

Jessica Lasiewicz: Oh trust me, Summer. The Heritage Champion heard and understood every word that came out of my mouth.

Summer Collins: I bet she did. But words are one thing, actions on the other hand, is completely different. And I think our actions speak louder than our words. So take a good long look at us, SIN. Jess and I were given an opportunity to compete for the number one contendership status, for a right to battle for the GCW Heritage Title. In the end we fought to a time limit draw. And as disappointing as it was for both of us, since we all wanted a clear and decisive winner, in the end this team still remains as united and as strong as ever before.

The Archangel nods her head.

Jessica Lasiewicz: Nie możesz manipulować tą sytuacją. Nie możesz nas oszukać, abyśmy zdradzili drugiego. Umarłbym za moją przyjaciółkę, a ona umarłaby za mnie.

Summer Collins: Now you find yourself in an impossible situation. You have to defend the GCW Heritage Title against not just one member of Fabulous but BOTH members of Fabulous. Do you have any idea what that means? Picture this. We have beaten every major tag team in this company. SkyBird…

Jessica Lasiewicz: Beat them.

Summer Collins: The Alan Family…

Summer Collins: Skye Life…

Summer: Twin Magic…The McBride Corporation…The Soviet Gingers…

Jessica Lasiewicz: Beat them, beat them, and beat them.

Summer Collins: We have taken on and beaten down some of the best tag team talents in this company. We are multiple times over world tag team champions. And you, Svetlana, are tasked with the near impossible task of having to defeat us both ON YOUR OWN when tag teams couldn’t even do it?

Jessica Lasiewicz: Jest to nie tylko prawie niemożliwe. To jest niemożliwe.

Summer Collins: Your only strategy, your only hope, is that I will turn on Jess or that she will turn on me, and you can pick up the pieces.

Collins shakes her head.

Summer Collins: Unfortunately for you that’s just not going to happen. Jess and I have a clear strategy heading into Civil War. One of us will beat you to become the GCW Heritage champion. We will work together to make that a reality. Then we will move on to the Civil War Match itself and work together to make sure the other WINS the Civil War Match itself.

Jessica Lasiewicz: Oboje osiągniemy chwałę.

Summer Collins: So your one and only hope is nothing but a fool’s dream. Accept that at Civil War your reign as GCW Heritage Champion will come to an end and Jess and I, we will be absolutely Fabulous!

--

Envy Ellis & Nadia Allen Vs Blood Rose

- Complete dominance. Envy and Nadia won. No shock there.

Winner: Envy & Nadia.

Post match, Patience and Milana rushed the ring to get the jump on Envy and Nadia. They brawled. Faith and Carmen came out as well. Four on two beatdown until Izzi and Aria came out to even the odds. Bratz Liffe showed up but they chose to stand on the ramp watching the mortal enemies burn themselves out. This wasn’t their fight.

--

Backstage we find Destiny Skye in the Skye Life dressing room stretching in preparation for her match tonight against Religious Wright. Destiny is already in her ring gear and looks ready for action. She is standing with her tag team partner and best friend Julia Braddock. Braddock is wearing a tight black form fitting dress, sheer black tights, black patent leather high heel pumps, and a red women’s blazer over it to complete the outfit. Her long blonde hair hangs unrestrained to shoulder length. The Kensington Knockout has a noticeable look of concern on her face as she watches Destiny stretch.

Julia: Are you sure you’re ok, Des? Are you sure that you’re good to go tonight?

Destiny: Bloody hell, Jules. I’m fine.

Julia: I just want to make sure. After last week, Sophie and Arcadia and Jazmyn, they triple teamed me and that clearly got in your head. Are you good?

Destiny nods her head.

Destiny: Yeah, I know, but everything is good. I’m good. I’ll kick Religious Wright’s ass tonight in this great warm up for Civil War. Which reminds me…

She points at Julia.

Destiny: Are YOU ok?

Julia: Don’t turn this around, Des. Please.

Destiny: I think it’s a fair question. Sophie is trying to be a master manipulator. She knows exactly what buttons to push in order to get you to act emotional. But Civil War is coming and you cannot be emotional. We have to be laser focused in order to survive Ultimate Sacrifice, let alone walk away from it with championships. Then if you, or me, hope to win the Civil War Match, we have to be at the top of our game.

She taps Braddock on the forehead.

Destiny: You can’t let Sophie get in your head. Starling and Rayner, Moore and America, they’re all damn good. They’re all at the top of their game. The one thing we have going for us right now is that SkyBird and MooreAmerica are focused so damn much on destroying each other that we are flying in under the radar. That could play to our advantage. But it won’t mean a damn thing if we are not focused. So tell me, Jules. Are you focused? Are you ready for Civil War and more importantly for Ultimate Sacrifice?

Julia: I get it, Des. I understand why you’re worried. Sophie is a master manipulator and she is real good at playing the mind games. But believe me, it isn’t going to work on me. I know what I have to do at Civil War and I know what’s at stake. Our spots in the Civil War Match are on the line. It is a huge risk, Des, but the reward is worth it. We could become Undisputed GCW World Tag Team Champions. One of us could become GCW World Champion. And believe me when I say that I will do everything in my power to make sure that happens.

Braddock pats Destiny on the back.

Julia: Now go out there and kick ass. Show the world why they are underestimating Skye Life.

Destiny: Damn right

--

Religious Wright Vs Destiny Skye

- The power of God wasn’t on Religious Wright’s side. He put up a better fight than expected, especially after his victory in SCW. Sadly he wouldn’t keep the momentum up. Destiny came across dominant. Destiny Cutter out of nowhere for the win.

Winner: Destiny Skye.

--

Joy Fullness, the newest member of the GCW Broadcast Team, sits inside the GCW studio.

Joy: “We have had a great show for you so far and it’s only going to get better because my guest at this time is a woman who has been nearly untouchable since becoming the GCW Heritage Champion! Please join me in welcoming Svetlana Iryna Nabokov, SIN!”

The picture-in-picture shows SIN sitting back in the locker-rooms. She smirks.

SIN: “Please, dear, call me Svetlana.”

Joy: “Oh! Okay… Svetlana… at Civil War, you’ll be defending your Heritage Championship against Jessica Lasiewicz and Summer Collins in a triple threat match. You appear to be quite confident about your chances, but…”

Joy trails off, possibly not wanting to offend SIN. Svetlana leans forward, seeking to goad the interviewer into her question.

SIN: “It’s okay, Joy. You can ask me anything.”

Joy: “It’s just that… as Fabulous, Jessica and Summer are a really great tag team.”

SIN: “And you’re wondering what I think of my chances in the event they decide to team up on me.”

Joy: “Yyyyyeah.”

SIN chuckles.

SIN: “It’s simple, really. They are a phenomenal tag team… but this is NOT a tag team contest. Sure, I expect to be double-teamed as they seek to garner some advantage over me, but when it comes down to it, only one person will be able to win the Championship… MY Championship. Do you believe Jessica or Summer would be willing to outright betray the other in order to get what they want?”

Joy: “That’s a good question…”

SIN: “Of course, they could double-team me, but only one will be able to score the victory. I would be interested to see if Jessica would seek to return to her former glory, bringing gold to the Lasiewicz name, at her partner’s expense. Conversely, maybe Summer would be tired of living under the shadow of HER partner and decide to start forging her path as a singles star. Doesn’t the idea of one of them cracking just tickle the senses?”

Joy: “Well, I’M tickled… I think…”

SIN: “It’s clear, however, that neither one of them expects what I am willing to do to keep this Championship in my possession. While they may have qualms about what they’re willing to do to one another, I do not. The lengths I will go to in order to remain Heritage Champion… well… let’s just say I have yet to reach that limit.”

Joy: “And what about the possibility of the Civil War match…”

SIN smirks…

SIN: “Ah yes… the raison d’etre. I know that no one expects anything of me…”

Joy: “Sorry.”

SIN waves the apology off.

SIN: “But no one expected that I would survive the battle royal to claim my Championship. It’s bewildering how I could reign as a Champion for as long as I have and yet still be so underestimated and, frankly, underrated. The Civil War is my chance to solidify my status and put the world on notice. I am not one to be trifled with…”

Joy: “Now I want trifle.”

SIN: “At the end of the day, others have failed to impact the company in meaningful ways. Where they failed, I will not.”

Joy: “Thanks for this!”

The PIP gets zipped away as Joy smiles for the camera.

Joy: “There you have it! A confident Svetlana appears ready for the Civil War and the challenges it may bring. Back to you!”

The scene shifts.

--

Non Title
Anastasia Starling Vs D’Nae Moore (c)

- Both women put on what would be considered an instant classic. Sadly, there was a twenty minute time limit on this one. The clock wasn’t there friend on this evening.

Winner: N/A

After the bell, both women wanted to continue the fight, neither satisfied by the outcome. Before things got too rowdy, Skye Life made their presence known. Miss America and Skylar Rayner (who were at ringside supporting their respective partners), entered the ring as well. The ending of Shotgun didn’t devolve into chaos. Just with all six women sizing each other up as the show faded to black.