GCW.com EXCLUSIVE. TRAVIS VESSEY interview

randy

GCW.com EXCLUSIVE. TRAVIS VESSEY interview

Post by randy » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:07 pm

[Samuel Price holds his post in the interview lounge. Standing right beside him is Travis Vessey, sporting a white dress shirt with black dress pants. Travis' hands are shoved inside his pockets while his body is upright.]

Samuel Price: Samuel Price here with a familiar face.

[Travis snickers.]

Travis: That's your way of saying that I'm old.

[The two men soon chuckle together.]

Samuel: Time waits for no man, as you know. Travis Vessey, how are you today?

[He strokes his chin.]

Travis: Well, I suppose being able to say I'm living another day means it's been good. Of course, I would feel even better if I had won the X Division title a couple of weeks ago. It's probably fitting that I lost because of an old ex.

[He drops his head.]

Samuel: Your love life is well known.

[Travis scoffs a bit.]

Travis: That it is.

Samuel: Well, looking big picture here, it's been a bit of struggle for you. We all know about your drive and your goal to once again become World Champion and be recognized as the best in GCW history. However, you lose to Danielle Page. You lose to Jazmyn Rain at Resurrection. You're unable to win Civil War. I known you since you're arrived at 21. I know those losses eat you up from inside. Where is your head right now?

[Travis opens his mouth, then places his hands on his hips. He picks his head up, with his eyes drifting off to the ceiling.]

Travis: Where is my head...I like to think that I am still one of the best here in GCW. But results. It's all about results. The results haven't shown that. You know I feel good. Physically. Have never felt better. Faster. Stronger. Wiser. My body isn't as spry as it was when I did come here at 21. But I'm feeling great.

[He pauses.]

Travis: i like to think I can win any match. I thought I was going to beat Page. Beat Rain. I fought hard. They say wrestling's a young man's game. And that's true. I was the young man for a while. I was the kid. And now, I'm only 31 but...in 8 months, it'll be ten years since I first came to GCW. Ten years, Sam. In wrestling, that's eternity. And people have came and went and yet. Management has changed hands and yet I've been around the top for most of it. That doesn't happen by accident. That happens because of hard work.

[Gazing into the eyes of Samuel, Travis' shoulders drop a bit.]

Travis: I won the World title 8 months after my first match here. 21. One of the youngest World Champions ever. You go from the future to the past so quickly. Wrestling changes so quickly. I often wonder how long I have. I want to keep going until I can't. I feel like I can. But a lot of the greats do and most of the time, they don't live on their own terms. They live because either they get an injury they can't recover from or because they can't compete. I like to think I can still compete.

[Travis drops his head again.]

Travis: I feel like I can win the World title again. But results, Sam. Results tell the story. The results lately have shown that I am not at that level right now.

[He lets out of a sigh.]

Travis: I think with a few tweaks, I can make another run. But maybe I'm wrestling in denial. I don't know, honestly. I'm pretty stubborn. I refuse to get off the stage. I feel like I have much to give still. But everyone thinks that.

[Travis' eyes widen. He simply glares at Samuel, nodding his head a bit and then wanders off screen.]