admin
Site Admin

Serena: Part 5 (Julia Braddock CD)

Post by admin » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:35 pm

==========
London, England
Off Camera
==========

The Braddock family home is alive with activity this evening in London, England. It is currently the host of a big fancy party being thrown by Chastity Noel on behalf of her adopted daughter, Serena Grace Noel. The former Julia Braddock does not know exactly when her adopted daughter’s birthday is, due to many questions surrounding her background and history. The truth is, the young girl whom Chastity first met in Roslin, Scotland at the Julia Foundation has a great deal of mystery surrounding her. She was living on the streets, addicted to drugs, and she didn’t even know her own background. All she knew was the name given to her by the orphanage who found her as a child; Grace. That was the only thing she had in terms of an identity; Grace, a street rat addicted to drugs. Chastity could relate to Grace’s problems, at least the drug problem. She had an identity, but it was a burdensome identity. She was a Braddock. Carrying the weight and legacy of the Braddock name was too much for her, which led to her drug use. But a former rival took pity upon her; Aphrodite Noel helped provide Julia with the means to break her drug habit. She also gave Julia a new identity; she adopted her, renamed her Chastity Noel. Now Chastity has paid the favor forward, as they say. She took in a young woman in need. She helped her get rid of her own drug habit. And Grace, who had no identity, was given a new one; Serena Grace Noel. It is her birthday that Chastity celebrates today.

The ballroom of the Braddock family estate is full of party goers; most of them are business associated of Chastity from the Julia Foundation. A few friends Serena has met and made from her time living with Chastity are here, but those numbers are few because she has not had much time to make many friends. Most of her time has been spent training her, rewiring her mind, and most recently on how to become a success in the wrestling business. But she still seems to be enjoying herself, talking to her friends near the punch table. She is wearing a forest green sequined ball gown with black elbow length gloves. Watching from across the room is her mother, Chastity Noel. She is sporting a silver sequin long sleeve ball gown.

“Ms. Noel?” She had been so focused on Serena that she was startled by the familiar voice of her loyal assistant, Anna Bower. Anna had taken the lead on training Serena, rewiring her, and working with her on backstage politics and business. Bower has also been instrumental in working with Chastity in the Julia Foundation. Chastity turns and smiles warmly before offering her hand.

“Worship me.”

“Of course, Ms. Noel.” Anna kisses the ring on Chastity’s hand.

“What do you need, Anna?”

“I thought you should know that your sister has arrived.”

“Wonderful. Thank you.”

With that, Chastity walks gracefully past Anna Bower and across the room. Eventually she spots her older sister, Glory Braddock, standing there just inside the doorway of the ball room. At least, she used to be Glory Braddock before she too was adopted by Aphrodite Noel and renamed Lindsey Noel. Lindsey is wearing a long sleeve lace ball gown. The sisters meet and embrace with a hug.

“Lindsey! I am so glad you came!”

“Sorry, I’m late, Chastity. I had a few things to take care of at dad’s school.”

“It’s quite alright, Lindsey. I know you wouldn’t miss Serena’s birthday.”

“Never. And might I add that this is quite a party!” Lindsey says as she looks at the ballroom in a sense of awe. “Never in my life would I have imagined the old Braddock family home hosting a place like this.”

“Tut-tut, this is the Noel Family Estate now, sister. And for royalty like us, two princesses, and my daughter, the latest princess, only the best.”

“Of course.” Lindsey nods her head. “And speaking of my niece, I have seen what you have done with her lately. The work she’s been putting in at dad’s wrestling school has been incredible. You are a great teacher, Chastity.”

“Funny, I was one of dad’s worst students and yet I grew up to be a teacher myself? Though I cannot take full credit. Sophie and Mark O’Brian did their part. Plus Serena has natural fighting ability due to having to survive on the streets for so long. It was just a matter of helping her to remember all of those natural instincts. But that isn’t the only thing she has been taught. You and I both know that wrestling is a cutthroat, ruthless sport, especially when it comes to backstage politics. Thus I taught her how to survive the politics of it all, how to be a manager, and I had my assistant Anna Bower teach her the finer points of business.”

“All of the kind of training you and I never received until we were adopted by Mother.” Lindsey states. Chastity nods her head. “Very smart, Chastity.”

“Dad taught us both how to wrestle and we are both very good. But I lacked self-confidence and you, Lindsey, you were naive and lacked any ability to navigate the rough waters of backstage politics and business. Mother gave us the tools we needed to succeed. Now I am paying it forward to Serena.”

Lindsey opens her mouth to speak but stops suddenly when Serena comes bounding in between them. “Mother! Aunt Lindsey!”

“Serena!” Lindsey hugs her tightly. “Happy Birthday! I heard that your mother has been very busy with you?”

“Thank you, Aunt Lindsey.” She nods her head. “Yes, mother and I have been working very closely together. She has taught me so much.”

“But are you ready for wrestling?”

“I think so.” Serena nods her head emphatically. “In fact, I know so!”

“We’ll see.” Lindsey smiles. “Maybe I’ll put in a good word with a few promoters I know.”

“No need to rush things, Lindsey.” Chastity points out. “Serena still has a few lessons to go but…” she nods her head “...yes, she is nearly ready.”

“Thank you, mother.” Serena hugs Chastity. “Thank you for everything.”

“Of course, my daughter.” Serena starts to walk off but then stops and turns back to face her mother.

“Oh, I forgot,” she points over to a well dressed man in an expensive looking suit “that man over there wanted to talk to you.”

“Probably someone who wants to donate to my charity, The Julia Foundation.” She turns and nods towards Lindsey. “Excuse me.”

And so Chastity leaves Lindsey and Serena to find this man. Across the room she finds him, with a friendly smile on his face. He has jet black hair. He extends his hand and Chastity accepts the handshake.

“Good evening, Ms. Noel. This is a delightful party.”

“Thank you, and you are?”

“Oh, excuse me for my rudeness. My name is Franklin.”

“Thank you, Franklin.” Chastity grins. “It is my daughter’s birthday. Well, to be honest she is adopted so this is more of an anniversary of her adoption. What brings you to my daughter’s party, Franklin?” She smirks. “Are you thinking of donating to my cause?”

“The Julia Foundation?” He shrugs. “It is a worthy and noble cause. And someday I might donate. Anytime one can help young kids get off the streets and get off drugs is a good thing. But I am afraid I don’t have much money to spend at the moment. I am saving for a potential political run.”

“Politics is an awful game, Franklin.” Chastity warns.

“So I’ve been told.”

“So if you are not here to discuss business then why are you here?”

“Well I do want to talk business but not the kind you think.”

“Oh?” Her curiosity is peaked. “What is this about?”

“It has to do with your daughter.”

“Serena?” Chastity asks. He nods his head and then hands her his business card.

“I apologize, Ms. Noel, but I must leave. I will be in touch.”

Return to “General Roleplay Board”