Civil War Match Assignments (Message 1)

admin
Site Admin

Civil War Match Assignments (Message 1)

Post by admin » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:22 pm

This will be the first of at least two, maybe more, messages you get from me regarding the Civil War Match. This match is very special to me. When I first ran my own fed, I created this match to crown my fed's first champion. I modeled it after WCW's World War 3 but added my own unique differences to make it special, to make it my own. Since then, the Civil War Match has been a staple of GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (version 1), GLOBAL DIVISION OF WRESTLING (this is the fed that existed post GCW), and GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING current version. It has existed since 2003 with a few minor exceptions. Those of you new to the match, the rules are thus: three battle royals going on simultaneously. It behooves you to win your ring quickly, because if you win your ring first or second, you get a brief rest period. As soon as all three battle royals have crowned a winner, the three winners IMMEDIATELY begin fighting in a triple threat elimination. Thus the person who wins their ring last gets no rest period. Eliminations during the battle royal phase occur via standard battle royal rules (over the top, both feet must touch the floor). Eliminations in the triple threat phase occur by PIN or SUBMISSION ONLY. Awards of some sort are given to the three finalists but the overall winner will main event Resurrection and challenge for the GCW World Title.

Now then...since this is my baby, I always volunteer to write it. Randy books the three battle royal winners, third and second place and the winner. But I write it. So this is where I need your help. I am currently in the early stages of assigning the rings. Which character goes into which ring. This is a process always in flux. People come and go. I get that. Situations change. I understand. But I do need to start early so I am not scrambling last minute to figure this out before I start writing. Its weird but eh, I feel like I need to do it. lol Anyway, my first step in this process is to go down the list of our active characters listed in the "SINGLES ROSTER" forum and place those names on my list of entrants. What I'm saying then is that every character on the SINGLES ROSTER ( click this - viewforum.php?f=12) is on my list as entrants. What YOU need to do is let me know if you do not want your character to appear in the Civil War Match. Honestly, I enjoy this match to be as big as possible. So I would hope most of you want to appear. But if for whatever reason your character cannot make it, or you do not want them in the Civil War Match, then you need to let me know. Send me a PM on the forums. DM the GCW twitter account. DM me on the GCW discord. Talk to Randy and ask him to tell me. However you want to do it, get a message across to me.

If you DO want to appear in Civil War and are already on the active GCW roster, then you do not need to do anything. I have already included you.

If you DO want to appear in Civil War as a mystery entrant or special guest, contact Randy with the details. He will let me know.