SHOTGUN 05.16

randy

SHOTGUN 05.16

Post by randy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:30 am

Putting the show up now. Robson/Carter & Pride/Hemingway and any related segments will be added tomorrow.

==

(The first few chords of “Always” by Saliva begins to play.)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[Shotgun fades in

There's a cheer as "Be Aggressive" hits the speakers; Jay Pride emerges straight away, not bothering for the intro to finish, with a serious expression on his features. He slaps some hands as he passes by fans on his way to the ring. He's not yet in his gear for his match with Drake Hemingway later tonight, instead clad in trackies, trainers and a plain black T-shirt. He slides straight under the ropes and takes the mic.

Jay: So... you may have seen in the wrestling news this week that after the previous Shotgun, somebody smashed some fixtures in the men's locker room, including destroying a sink. You may have seen it claimed that the person who did that was - well, me.

He pauses, shaking his head.

Jay: That would be correct. I'm here to confirm that yes, the vandal was indeed myself. I'd like now to apologise to Global Championship Wrestling, to the arena who hosted us last time and their staff who were responsible for repairing the destruction, and most of all - to you. All of you here, and watching at home. I allowed my temper to get the better of me. It was an unprofessional act for which I accept full responsiblity, and behaviour unbecoming of a GCW star. I accept whatever punitive action Tiffany Manning and the other authorities of GCW deem appropriate. Once again... I'm sorry.

Short pause.

Jay: To Drake Hemingway, whom I face later tonight - while I think it's fair to say that you and I have differing attitudes to certain things, I give you my word that tonight I will control my temper and give you a fair and honourable match.

Jay paces a little, sucking in one cheek, then finally looks up again...

Jay: There's one more person I want to address. You see... while I was entirely in the wrong in my actions after the previous edition of Shotgun, and accept the full responsibility for them, they didn't happen in a vacuum. The fact is that if not for the actions of one particular man, I would standing here right now as the G!C!W! World! Champion!

His voice raises in volume and intensity on those last words, and he points to the ground with each word in emphasis.

Jay: Broderick Chase... The Brod. I warned you before my match with Chantelle Chambers that you didn't want to get involved in my business, yet still, you did exactly that. You want a piece of me, Brod? If you do, you didn't have to sneak attack me like you did on the last show. And if you didn't... well, tough shit. You've gone and got a piece anyway.

A roar goes up, matching the fiery intensity coming from Jay.

Jay: Next time, Brod, I want you face to face. Let's see if you still have the nerve to attack me then.

Another cheer rises, and "Be Aggressive" hits again. Jay stares into the camera a moment longer before nodding and exiting the ring.

"I don't like admitting this, but..."

[We fade in backstage to find Izumi Sato, the "Pure Heart Warrior" seated on a bench in front of her locker. She's leaning forward, focused on lacing up her boots. Her long, jet black hair falls down over her right shoulder.]

IZUMI: This match tonight has me nervous.

[She looks up, her viridian eyes gazing into the lens.]

IZUMI: Things have been great so far. The GCW fans have been so welcoming. Plus, my Shotgun debut was everything I hoped it would be. But now the stakes are so much higher. Realistically, my chances of coming out of this match with my hand raised in victory are slim to none.

[Her eyes lower back down to lacing up her boots.]

IZUMI: Now I don't just have to worry about the person in front of me. And having eyes in the back of my head wouldn't even be enough in this case, because somebody could easily come at me from the side.

[Finished with her left boot, Izumi grabs the right one and puts it on before starting to lace it up as well.]

IZUMI: I know how to handle myself in a crowd, mind you. Aikido has helped a lot with that. Still, this isn't some fight out on the streets where anything goes and your top priority is survival. This is a competitive match with strict rules and regulations. So while survival is certainly still important, it takes a back seat to the one singular thing we all have in common...

[She looks up again briefly before nodding her head.]

IZUMI: An unyielding desire to win.

[...]

IZUMI: So Ethan Payne will do everything in his power to keep the pace up so he can work his aerial attack. Monroe Jones being the largest of us will likely want to slow it down and use his strength advantage over the rest of us. Meanwhile, Madame Santos will surely employ a hit and run attack to maximize her effectiveness. I'll hang back, trying to keep my head on a swivel and waiting for somebody to rush me before taking them down and working my ground game. Downside is, I'll be far more vulnerable there with two other people in the match.

[Izumi finishes lacing up her right boot, sets her foot down, and raises her gaze to the lens once more.]

IZUMI: But each one of us wants to win; and will pull out everything we have to spare to get that win. It will be chaotic. Before long, bodies will be flying everywhere. And if you have a gameplan like I do in most matches, forget it. Winning a four-way match like this is as much about luck as it is skill.

[She sighs, leaning back against her locker.]

IZUMI: I've got oodles and oodles of skill, but I'm short on luck. My body has only just started to recover from a brutal match in another city. I'm closer to fifty percent than a hundred.

[She raises a hand to massage her battered neck.]

IZUMI: And if any one of my eighty-seven stitches breaks, I'll bleed all over the ring like a stuck pig.

[She lets her hand drop down to her side again.]

IZUMI: Make no mistake, I'm not complaining. It is what it is, and I'm just being realistic. So yeah, I'm nervous. And like everyb ody else in this match, I need the win. Heck, I need it badly. Ethan Payne is surely the favorite, having arrived in GCW with all the pomp and circumstance he could muster; while I just showed up and stood around waiting to be given a match. That mistake is on me, and it's one which I hope to rectify. He came in and right away people took notice. Sure he may bring a ton of bluster to the table, but we're already seen that he can also back it up.

[Izumi chuckles lightly to herself.]

IZUMI: Me? I showed up and people were like "Oh look, new hottie for us to flirt with." I came in here looking to take on all the big nasty groups who like throwing their weight around all the time, failing to realize that there's only one such group here on Shotgun that was already preoccupied. But again, that's on me.

[Izumi reaches for a black fingerless glove, and proceeds to put it on her left hand.]

IZUMI: Meanwhile, you have Jones and Santos, two GCW veterans who'd probably like nothing more than to put two newcomers in their place. A win for them would mean just as much as it would for us, except then they get bragging rights. They can go back to their friends and family, and tell the story of how they beat the Saviour and the Pure Heart Warrior.

[Once getting that left fingerless glove on, Izumi then gets to work adjusting it so it sits just right.]

IZUMI: So yeah, I'm nervous. I hate to admit it, but there's a lot of variables in this match. Not only are there three people in it that I have to worry about instead of one, not only do each of them present a different set of challenges, but then you throw chance into it? The end result is a smorgasborg of possible clusterfarks. Now...

[Satisfied with her first glove, Izumi gets to work putting on the right one.]

IZUMI: ...That being said, we may be opening the show, but you better believe it's going to be a great match. Like I said, we'll pull out all the stops and give it our all. It's guaranteed chaos, but in a good way for the fans.

[Izumi then adjusts the right glove just like the left one.]

IZUMI: And make no mistake, I'm not without my bag of tricks. The odds may be stacked heavily against me winning this match, but you better believe I'll pour my heart, my soul, and maybe even my blood into it. Wouldn't be the first time. And maybe... just maybe, when all is said and done, when we've exhausted everything we've got left, and hit eachother with our biggest and best moves, maybe, when that bell rings and the dust settles, when we're all laid out in the ring or out of it, staring up at the lights, maybe...

[Satisfied with the right glove, Izumi rises to her feet.]

IZUMI: Maybe it will be my hand that's raised in victory!

[She smiles brightly.]

IZUMI: Wouldn't that be nice?

[And with that, Izumi heads off toward the ring. Out.]

"The Saviour" Ethan Payne vs Monroe Jones vs "Pure Heart Warrior" Izumi Sato vs Madame Santos

Payne started out the match throwing Monroe Jones out to the floor while Santos and Sato went move for move, Sato getting the better of the exchange with "Blossom Bomber." She went for a cover, but Payne broke it up.

Payne then threw Santos to the floor and he and Sato went toe to toe, Payne initially dominating with a fury of slams, but Sato took charge after Payne missed an elbow drop. Izumi went for the tap out with "Dragon Vice" but Payne was able to get to the ropes to force the break. While this was going on, Jones had made his way up to the ring apron near Payne. He climbed to the top rope and when Payne turned in his direction, Monroe hit him with a cross body and went for a pin…which was promptly prevented by Sato. Ethan got to his feet and nailed Jones with "Shattered" but before he could follow up, Izumi kicked Payne in the face with a roundhouse kick, then performed "BUSHIDO!" on Jones…and got the 1-2-3.

After the announcement was made declaring Sato the winner, Payne ran at her, driving a knee into her back, knocking her to the mat. He then proceeded to stomp at her before climbing to the top rope, performing "The End", drawing him massive heat from the crowd. Ethan got to his feet, sneared down at Sato, then retreated to the back before we cut to a commercial break.

Winner: Izumi Sato (Pinfall)

[The camera is rolling. The red light is on and standing in an undisclosed section backstage is the young woman, Queen Mamba. She's clothed in a camo jacket with black jeans and combat boots on her feet. She doesn't look like to be in the mood to play games, however.]

Queen: It seems I'm starting to get some heads around here in GCW turning. After last week, more people started noticing me. Good. That's why I'm here for. That's why I compete because all of you don't know who Nadia Allen is, who Queen mamba is. And every week I'm in the ring, more and more you're remembering the name because I'm not going to let any of you forget it.

[The serious glare on her face tells a story.]

Queen: But as you can see, I'm out of the Lethal Lottery tournament. That ended last week when Cailey Carter and I fell short. I'm not going to like to you guys at home and say that didn't bother me that I lost but at the end of the day, Cailey Carter and I went out there prepared to fight. And we just couldn't get the job done. It wasn't because of a lack of effort because between myself and Cailey, we don't let up for anyone. I guess it wasn't made to be huh?

And now tonight. Tonight, is back to what I know best. Fighting on my own. Fighting using my own two hands and my own two feet. This guy I'm facing tonight. This guy. Former Tag Team Champion. Former World Tag Team Champion. Hell, he's won the Global Championship, the biggest title on Livewire. But you know what you are to me Travis Vessey? You're a fucking asshat that needs to get his shit kicked in.

[Queen Mamba walks towards the camera.]

Queen: I've seen guys like you for so long in my life. You're full of yourself. You think you can do anything and everything and can bang any chick and that you're the smartest guy in the room. You're an asshole Travis and while you have more experience and more titles under your belt, tonight you will NOT see me lay down to you. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction to circle jerk your ego because your shtick doesn't faze me. I got one job and that's to walk away with a win. And I'm not even sure if anyone out there actually thinks I can beat you. But that doesn't matter. What matters is this...

[Queen shows her fist to the camera.]

Queen: You will lose and if not, time at least you'll walk out with a few bruises. I don't care how much your agent pumps you up because Travis, I have a statement to make. Because the name Queen Mamba is starting to become known. The name Queen mamba is starting to make everyone take notice. And tonight, tonight's your introduction.

[She walks off the screen.]

Queen Mamba vs. Travis Vessey

Despite being a severe underdog coming into this match, Mamba started off like a house on fire with a couple of drop kicks and a hip toss that sent Vessey to the outside to consult with Trista Fox-Porter. Vessey used most of the ten count before getting back inside the ring, hoping to slow down the pace. Queen Mamba took control again for a short time, but Vessey used an eye rake to turn the tide, followed by a European uppercut and a snap suplex. He followed this with a German suplex, which he bridged into a pin…but Mamba kicked out.

Travis placed Mamba in a triangle choke, which she eventually fought out of, countering with a hurricarana. She went for a pin, but Vessey kicked out. The two went back and forth for the next five minutes or so, Vessey's experience eventually allowing him to get the better of Mamba when he threw her to the floor. On the floor, he threw her into the steps, then slammed her on the floor, before assisting her back inside the squared circle, where he went for the "Vessey Sault" from the top rope…but Mamba rolled out of the way! The referee started a double countout, but both athletes were up before the count of 7.

Queen Mamba caught Vessey off guard with a springboard dropkick, then a frankensteiner. It was Mamba's turn to go to the turnbuckles, hitting her finisher "Snake Charmer!" The capacity crowd was solidly behind Mamba as she went for the pin…and got the 3 count.

Winner: Queen Mamba (Pinfall)

[The scene opens backstage. Drake Hemingway stands behind his partner in crime, Slade Merriman. Both are wearing matching sleeveless black t-shirts that read, “Forgotten No More.” in yellow text. Slade opens his mouth to speak.]

Merriman: There is a lot talk going around how me and Drake are Tiffany Manning’s henchmen. NOTHING can be further from the truth. The entire Manning family are a bunch of rich eliest who don’t give a crap about the sport. Because if they did give a damn about the sport, me and Drake would be higher on the marquee.

Do you know who my father is? He’s the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen? Do you know who my sister is? The greatest Cartel Nxt Gen Cartel Champion of all time. The Merriman name is instant gold. Both Mannings in SWC treated me like cannon fodder. Tiff ignores how insanely talented I am. As far as my boy is concerned, Drake is the HALF BROTHER of Blake Mason. The Mason name is legendary in this business, how is he treated? Cannon fodder in SWC when Tiff was running things. A henchman to her idiot brother. Tell me geniuses, why the hell would we do the bidding of Tiffany Manning?

Slade scoffs.

Merriman: Has my involvement in Isabella’s matches been sketky knowing Tiffany is probably masterbating to her photo right now? Nope, nothing sketchy about it. I like Harker, plain and simple. She’s the type of girl you bring home to your mother. Trying to impress the girl. My boy here, he supports my ambitions, now, I heard about Tiffany’s mandate. Fine. Whatever. We won’t get involved. We got more pressing matters.

MAL CROSS. You screwed over MY girl at For Glory and Gold. That is why we attacked you two weeks ago. We are not mercenaries of Tiffany Manning. I did it to win over the heart of the most beautiful woman on the planet. I ain’t afraid, Mal. Tell that trailer park slut that accompanies you to the ring my boy Drake is single. He’d be happy to spend one minute trying to dig her out, the other fourteen he’ll put it in her mouth. There is two of us, one of you, Mal. You’re outnumbered. See you out there.

Slade and Drake walk off screen as the scene fades to black.

Malcolm Cross vs Slade Merriman.

Giving Slade a taste of his own medicine, Mal Cross jumped Slade as he was making his way down to the ring. He tossed him into the ring steps for good measure. Once in the ring, and the match officially started, Mal unloaded unmercifully on the man who claims he is vying on Harker’s affection. Slade was about to counter the initial storm with the old reliable poke to the eye. Mal’s momentum was finally flushed with a DDT. From there, Slade methodically worked on the neck. Several pinfall attempts were in vein. Mal was able to swing the momentum back in his favor. Just as Mal was starting to get rolling, Drake slid in the ring, he took Mal’s head off with a big boot.

Winner by DQ. Mal Cross.

The numbers game was proving fruitful until the most unlikely hero came to the ring, JAY PRIDE. A fresh Jay was able to hold Drake and Slade at bay long enough for Mal to take Slade to the ground. Opting to live to fight another day, Merriman and Drake managed to retreat.

Mal stared at Jay, clearly not appreciating his involvement in his business. Prado urged Mal to leave the ring, leaving Jay Pride along.

[Shotgun fades to the parking lot where Victoria Salinas, one half of the GCW Global Tag Team Champions, just pulled in. She comes out of the car and she is greeted by a huge ovation from the fans in Norfolk. Victoria seems calm, cool and ready to take care of business and doesn’t seem too frustrated from the events of last week. She begins to walk toward the arena, but she’s about to be annoyed in a big way.]

Voice: Vicky! Wait…

[Victoria turns around to see her former manager Julia Rivera running up to her before she even gets close to the building. Victoria sighs and rolls her eyes as a result, as Julia is obviously the last person she wants to see right now.]

Victoria: What the hell are you doing here? I thought I revoked your backstage access last week. I don’t need you filling my head with nonsense, Julia. You are damn lucky that I was able to patch things up with Christy Hightower recently, otherwise, I’d be even more annoyed than I am right now just seeing you here.

Julia: Yes, you did revoke my backstage access which in my book, is a bad move because, well, I REALLY don’t need to get into it again do I? Should I once again remind you that a lot of your success since you returned from Mexico a couple of years ago is because of me? That tag title you have right now, same thing. But see, backstage access doesn’t include the parking lot, therefore, this is fair game.

Victoria: I’m not going to put up with this crap. Again!

[Victoria turns to leave, but Julia grabs her by the wrist to prevent her from going anywhere.]

Julia: Vicky, wait…

Victoria: I have nothing else to talk to you about, Julia. Two weeks ago should have been the proof in the pudding to show you that I don’t need you anymore. Contrary to your prediction, Kayla Jones and I DID defeat Christy Hightower and Travis Vessey. So ENOUGH! SERIOUSLY! What in the world do I have to do to keep you away from me? File a restraining order?

Julia: That won’t be necessary. But please, hear me out. I’m not letting you go in that building until you do.

[Victoria gives out a reluctant sigh.]

Victoria: Fine!

Julia: Good! Now listen, you and Kayla won last Shotgun and that’s great and all. But that Ginger Nation attack? Yeah… not good. If I was around, I would have done everything in my power to prevent that from happening. I’m dead serious. You two are defending tonight against quite the formidable duo of Hannah Myers and Destiny Skye, solid up and coming wrestlers but you and Kayla both know that you’re BETTER than them and I’m not going to make any prediction tonight about Kayla turning on you because I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Victoria: About time you backed off from that…

Julia: I wasn’t finished. I don’t think it’s going to happen TONIGHT. But it WILL happen eventually.

Victoria: Not again…

Julia: Vicky, are you blind to what’s going on around you? Did you see that Kayla Jones interview with Janice King two weeks ago? The media, from Janice to the GCW Informer, and people like Ginger Nation are trying to stir the pot. They are doing everything they can to create and increase tension between the two of you. The forces are aligning with each other against you both and as a result of that, Kayla’s going to snap and she’s going to betray you.

Victoria: I don’t know about THAT, but I WILL agree with you on the fact that people are trying to stir the pot and drive a wedge between us and quite honestly, that’s getting EXTREMELY annoying. Then again, how much value does that observation have coming from you considering you almost cost me my friendship with Christy and you’re trying to drive me away from Axl?

Julia: That boyfriend is no good for you, Vicky.

Victoria: If you think relationships in this business are a bad thing, why don’t you tell the same thing to Kayla Jones?

Julia: That’s different. HER boyfriend is the Global Champion. Your boyfriend is well…

[She pauses to laugh, but she realizes this quickly and stops. Nonetheless, Victoria caught that and is none too pleased.]

Victoria: Is what, Julia?

Julia: Don’t worry about it, worry about your environment. It’s a very tense one surrounding you right now with all these people in GCW trying to create something that isn’t there between you and Kayla, not yet anyway but I’d say soon enough, there WILL be tension. I’m warning you, Vicky. Your situation with Kayla? It’s a powder keg waiting to blow and I’m not saying that to put doubt in your mind about her. I’m saying that because I want the best for you and I don’t want you to be affected so strongly by the potential windfall that may come out of this tension. Good luck to you tonight, I’m sure you and Kayla are going to pull through once again.

[Julia turns and leaves the scene before Victoria has a chance to say another word. Still in denial, the former world champion shakes her head and starts walking toward the arena.]

Victoria: Whatever… so sick of people trying to fabricate tension between us.

[Victoria continues her walk, visibly frustrated by the fact that she’s surrounded by such stressful gossip around her regarding the viability of her and Kayla as a team.]

LETHAL LOTTERY MATCH
Isabella Harker/Nate Lawson vs. Aedan Quinn/GingerAllison

Without the threat of Merriman and Hemingway getting involved... Harker, Lawson & Quinn/Ginger Allison had a clean fight. There were times GingeAllison tried to take the lead, something Quinn did not appreciate, at all. For the most part, this was an event that saw the tide turn several times. The ending came when Harker had Quinn locked in the Texas Cloverleaf. Quinn tried holding on as long as he could. When GingerAllison attempted the save, Lawson cut her off. Left with no other choice, Quinn tapped out giving Harker an undisputed victory for the first time in weeks.

Winners: Harker/Lawson.

The ref hands Harker the X Division Championship. Before she can celebrate too much, Tiffany Manning stepped out on the ramp. She is clapping for Harker. Isabella looks at her strangely, with the dust settled, Harker holds up the X Division Championship.

Backstage, GCW interviewer Samuel Price stands front and center with the Shotgun logo behind him as he begins to speak.

Samuel: "Tonight, the GCW Global Tag-Team Championships are on the line in our main event when Kayla Jones and Victoria Salinas defend their titles against the two young women joining me at this time."

On queue, Hannah Myers and Destiny Skye enter the scene, flanking Price on either side of him. The two women wear matching ring attire and both smile sweetly into the camera.

Samuel: "It was at For Glory and Gold that the GingerNation took you out, causing you to be removed from the Global Tag-Team match that night. How do you both feel getting this second chance tonight?"

Hannah: "You don't have to remind us about For Glory and Gold, Sammy. Those two bottled red-headed whores will get what's coming to them eventually. But yeah…tonight, we finally get the title match we should have had in May. We got lots of respect for both Vicky and Kayla…but tonight, ladies, will be the night the sexiest and most talented tag-team in GCW will claim what is rightfully ours!"

Price nods and turns towards Destiny for her comments.

Destiny: Some may say we're too young and too new of a tag team. Some may question how much of an impact we'll have. And yet we fought hard and we earned this title opportunity. And all we need is just one opportunity...

She holds up one finger.

Destiny: ...not only to prove that we can hang in there with the elite of the tag team division, but to go even further than that and to become the new GCW Global Tag Team Champions and that's what me and Hannah are going to do here tonight. Tonight is our night to show the GCW universe exactly what we are made of and if Vicky and Kayla are underestimating us, then they are making a huge mistake.

Hannah: You tell them girl!

Hannah puts up a hand for a high-five and Destiny happily obliges. Scene fades.

LETHAL LOTTERY MATCH
Julia Braddock/Adrian Waters vs. JaMarcus Avery/Jenni “Jinxy” Anderson

In a surprise move, Julia and JaMarcus started off the match against each other. Both members of the Republic showed they are evenly matched. There counter fest was broken up when Adrian blind tagged himself in. He caught JaMarcus off guard with a Swingblade. He enjoyed a momentary advantage until the TV Champion Gorilla Pressed Adrian above his head. He allowed Adrain to take the long fall back to the mat. JaMarcus tagged Jinxy into the ring.

Back and forth for awhile. Adrian gained the advantage by flooring Jinxy with a stiff lariet. From that point forward, Julia and Adrian executed solid tag team strategy. Cutting off the ring, quick tags. Jinxy fought back. Wasn’t able to get to her partner. Jinxy managed use The Bad Luck Cutter on Julia buying her sometime. Jenni tagged JaMarcus, Julia tagged in Adrian, and off to the races. JaMarcus delved into the bag of power moves to build up momentum, at one point, he tried to end it with Court Marshalled but Julia came in from behind, chopped blocked his leg preventing him from winning the match for his team. Jinxy came into to dispose of Julia, leaving JaMarcus and Adrian inside the ring. This chop block gave Adrian enough time to leave JaMarcus laying with “Use Your Head” (tombstone piledriver)

One. Two. Three.

Winners: Adrian Waters and Julia Braddock.

Adrian rolled out the ring in a celebratory mood. Julia wasn’t as enthusiastic knowing she contributed to her boyfriends downfall. She rolled in the ring to check on him. Jinxy, not thrilled, storms off.

Drake Hemingway vs Jay Pride.

Cliffnotes Version:
Jay Pride wins by DQ. Slade gets involved. Mal Cross gets involved. Lays out everyone.

Cassidy Carter vs Amelia Robson

Cliffnotes
Version: Robson wins.

[Moments before the main event is set to begin, Victoria Salinas is hanging out in the hallway making some final preparations for her tag team title defense. She’s trying to relax as much as she can, but that may about to be put to the side with the presence of Janice King. Victoria catches her in the corner of her eye and offers a mixed expression when she sees her.]

Victoria: I wasn’t scheduled for an interview tonight.

Janice: No, but obviously I’d like to get your thoughts on a few things.

Victoria: Sure, why not? I have some things that I need to get off of my chest anyway. So, fire away.

Janice: Victoria, last Shotgun, you and Kayla Jones erased a significant amount of doubt regarding your viability as a tag team when you were able to successfully defend the titles against the former champions, Christy Hightower and Travis Vessey. How good did it feel to do so and put them behind you?

Victoria: Great, Janice. Felt great. But personally, for me, the best part was the fact that Christy and I are on good terms again, to be honest. I’m not taking anything away from our successful defense two weeks ago, but that bridge being mended meant more to me. That being said, beating Travis Vessey never gets old does it? (laughs) Obviously, being a first time tag team champion, going out there and defending the titles is a first for me and I definitely valued that experience.

Janice: Of course, afterward, you two weren’t able to celebrate for very long as #GingerNation went on the attack. Any thoughts on that and the potential threat they can be to your reign?

Victoria: Ginger Nation, the unit that has more lives than a cat considering how long they’ve lasted. They are definitely NOT to be underestimated considering that at this time last year, they were the dominant presence of Livewire and had control of most of their championships and while Marie Jones is no longer involved, they still pose a huge threat. Not surprised at what they did last Shotgun and all in all, if THAT’S how they want to play ball, then so be it. I know for a fact that if it comes down to it, Kayla and I can and WILL be able to handle them when it’s all said and done. They’re a threat, but we’ve been doing this a long time, but right now, Hannah Myers and Destiny Skye are in front of us and that’s what we’re focusing on tonight. We’re NOT looking past them just because the “Ginger threat” is looming, I’ll say that for a fact.

Janice: Two months ago, after you drew with Kayla Jones for the second time and you were stuck together as a tag team, you were going through a moment of what I would describe as disheartening frustration. You’ve clearly gotten your confidence back and then some. I’ve noticed that you’ve been a lot more relaxed.

Victoria: Right.

Janice: You went from crowing about the road to redemption and basically talking about getting the GCW World Championship back every single Shotgun to being calmer about it and enjoying this tag team title run with Kayla Jones. Hell, you haven’t talked about your world title aspirations in a while.

Victoria: I’m focusing on what’s in front of me, that’s why.

Janice: Right, but of course, considering you’re not nearly as vocal about the world title as you used to be, I think it’s fair to ask this question. Have you given up on becoming GCW World Champion again? After being unable to beat Kayla, twice, and now this tag title reign…

Victoria: Stop it right there. Are you fucking kidding me Janice? We’ve known each other how long? NO, I HAVEN’T given up on becoming GCW World Champion again. You should know better. Just because I don’t talk about it suddenly means I’ve given up on it? Please! Like I said, I’m focusing on what’s in front of me. Just because I’m not thinking about the world title 24/7 like I used to be doesn’t mean I don’t want to be champion again. WHY should I think about it 24/7? So I can have another confidence meltdown in 6 months? I was self-destructing during that time, Janice. Yes, I’ve been through so much frustration and so much obstacles along the way, but the Victoria Salinas who kept on harping about them is long gone!

Janice: But you know Kayla Jones ALSO wants to be world champion again…

Victoria: And?

Janice: You don’t think she’d get in your way?

Victoria: Why are you even trying to fabricate something here?

Janice: I’m not fabricating! It’s just knowing the pride both of you have, you both know you have yet to settle things with each other one on one and you both know that you WANT to settle things one on one once and for all.

Victoria: Janice, stop it! That’s NOT important! What you’re doing right now is taking the focus away from this tag title defense coming up in a couple of minutes. Again, I’m focused on what I have to do, what WE have to do. Okay?

Janice: But don’t you want to face Kayla one on one to prove to yourself once and for all that you’re better than her?

Victoria: I’m done…

[Victoria turns and starts to walk away.]]

Janice: Vicky… wait…

Victoria: No. I’m done. Now’s not the time to be putting up with this! We have a tag title to defend and I don’t need this shit.

[Victoria walks away frustrated with Janice’s aggressive questioning. Janice lets out a sigh, knowing she didn’t get some answers that she wanted as the interview ended.]

Global Tag Team Championship Match:
Victoria Salinas and Kayla Jones © vs. Destiny Skye and Hannah Myers

[The main event tag team championship match was quite the entertaining affair between two teams full of beloved fan favorites. Kayla and Destiny were the two women that started the match. The challengers, motivated as expected, really took it to the champions in the early going. Destiny and Hannah did a great job of separating Kayla from her corner. But, eventually, after a Tornado DDT by Kayla to Hannah, Kayla was able to scamper to her corner and tag Victoria in. Victoria, after waiting for a while to get her first action, really brought it to the table, handing both challengers quite well. Still, despite the experience and the pedigree of Victoria and Kayla, Destiny and Hannah were giving them everything and were in control for a while after Victoria fell victim to a double flapjack. Destiny and Hannah obviously worked well together, bringing down both champions with double team combo after double team combo, two count after two count. Mid-match, Victoria had Destiny on the ropes. She brought her down with a neckbreaker and went to the top rope in her own corner to set up for an aerial move. However, having not been in the match in a while, Kayla tagged herself in and brought down Destiny with a running forearm. Victoria wasn’t pleased with this as she hopped back on the apron. After a couple of minutes of back and forth between Kayla and Destiny, Kayla took control with a Northern Lights that almost got the win. Kayla leaned back into her own corner, perhaps setting up for the Kayla Wind Kick 1.0, but Victoria was the one that tagged herself in this time and she went for a running knee on Destiny, but Destiny dodged it and brought her down with a drop toe hold before locking in a chinlock. Kayla wasn’t pleased with what Victoria just did.

Victoria was able to break the submission, but the challengers were in control again. The two of them hoisted Victoria on their shoulders and brought her down with a vicious double swinging neckbreaker. Hannah covered Victoria and Kayla broke it up, starting a two on two brawl in the ring with neither side having much of an advantage. The dust settled and Destiny was tagged back in the match, only for the brawl to start again. Hannah clotheslined both herself and Kayla out of the ring while Destiny would bring down Victoria with the Skye High! Destiny made the cover on Victoria but Victoria JUST KICKED OUT! Destiny would then go for the “Destiny” but Victoria blocked it. Kayla slowly got back to her corner. Victoria went for the Siren Breaker, but Destiny shoved Victoria right to her corner where Kayla blind tagged herself in to Victoria’s frustration. Kayla got in there and… KAYLA WIND KICK 1.0! Kayla dropped down to make the cover on Destiny but Hannah Myers broke it up in the nick of time! Victoria got in there to go after Hannah and the champions took it to the challengers in another 2 on 2 brawl where this time, the champions were in control. They both hit simultaneous corner splashes on their challengers and backed up to the center of the ring where they collided back to back. They turned toward each other and that’s when Kayla started to complain to Victoria about getting in her way at that moment. Victoria would get on Kayla’s case about the blind tag, and Kayla returned the favor. While they were arguing, Destiny tagged Hannah back in the match. Hannah shoved Victoria right into Kayla and Victoria fell on top of her partner. Kayla pushed her off in frustration, blaming Victoria for what just happened and Kayla got up only for Hannah to knock her down with a shoulder block.

Victoria got in the fray to help out Kayla taking down Hannah with a double knee facebuster. Kayla and Victoria got up at the same time and Kayla extended her hand to Victoria to smooth things over. They shook hands, but Destiny nearly interrupted it but they saw her coming so they gave her a double clothesline. Kayla picked up Hannah to set up for a double team move. Victoria ran up to go for a Busaiku knee to the skull, but Hannah escaped and the knee went right into Kayla’s jaw instead. Victoria was in disbelief at what just happened as Destiny turned her around and planted her with the “Destiny”. Hannah was on the top rope as Kayla slowly got up. Hannah leaped and connected with the “Flight of the Angel” on Kayla! The fans went nuts as they were about to see new tag team champions. Hannah went for the academic cover.

1…..2…... REFEREE PULLED OUT OF THE RING!

Hannah and Destiny turned to see Julia the Enigma, Jenni Anderson and Ginger Allison, the latter of which pulled the referee out of the ring. Julia then picked up the referee and violently threw him into the steel steps head first to knock him out. Jenni and Allison began to brawl with Hannah and Destiny. Julia stepped into get involved and it became a three on two assault! Victoria and Kayla both slowly got up, oblivious to the Ginger Nation assault going on in the ring. Kayla got in Victoria’s face about the knee to the jaw and shoved her. Victoria didn’t take it well so she responded with a slap to the face. Victoria and Kayla were then having their own separate brawl that eventually spilled outside of the ring. Back in the ring, #GingerNation gave a triple powerbomb to Hannah Myers. Jenni then brought down Destiny with the TrickyDT! Ginger Nation grabbed the tag titles that Victoria and Kayla left behind and raised them above their heads. At that point, Victoria and Kayla stopped fighting and stared at Ginger Nation as they taunted them with their own titles. They laid the titles down on the mat and left the ring, message being sent. Other referees came down to check on Hannah and Destiny while Victoria and Kayla couldn’t take their eyes off each other, tension building within the champions. Eventually, one of the referees handed both of them their titles, but not even that would simmer the tension. Kayla walked up the ramp alone as Victoria remained at ringside, equally furious at what just happened.]

RESULT: No Contest