Shotgun 05.18 <RESULTS>

randy

Shotgun 05.18 <RESULTS>

Post by randy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:13 pm

(The first few chords of “Always” by Saliva begins to play.)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[Shotgun fades in, the fans are cheering quite loudly Tiffany Manning is standing in the ring to kick off Shotgun.]

Tiffany: Atlanta, Georgia... how are you doing tonight?

[This elicits a cheap pop from the pop.]

Tiffany: I don’t want to waste too much of your time. We have an amazing show lined up. Without any further ado, Isabella. Please come out there. We are both exhausted due to the persistent chatter on Twitter and other mediums. So I want to clarify a few things so everyone knows the extent of our.. I mean my stance.

The big screen shows the “Off Air” colours, running down the time…
.:5:.

.:4:.

.:THIS BROADCAST HAS BEEN INTERCEPTED:.

The opening of “Unleashed” by Epica play out over the crowd as the lights flash, bringing the crowd to their feet. Once the song picks up, Isabella Harker steps out on top of the rampway. She raises her arms for the crowd before opening her long coat.

She makes her way down towards the ring, slapping a few hands along the way until she gets to the bottom of the ramp. From there, she runs right at the ring, hopping onto the apron and, holding onto the middle rope, hangs off the apron, throwing her arm up again. She pulls herself into the ring and heads to over to the other side of the ring so she can grab a mic. She goes over to Tiffany.]

Tiffany: In the real world, every boss you have ever worked for has a bias. Every parent in the world; no matter what they say, plays favorites. I am no different. My father has always liked me better than Pierce. That’s why he is so jealous of me. When Executive Order was trying to run things around here, Alexander Midas was the chosen one, natural order of life. I have come to the realization I too have a preference. My preference is you, Isabella.

[The fans boo, not at Isabella, but at Tiffany for the words she spoke.]

Tiffany: Victoria Salinas is a tired act. Her monthly confidence issues have become an excessive burden on me and the Shotgun brand. I know she is on some redemption quest to become World Champion again, I dread that day comes. Chantelle, I mean, she has to constantly remind everyone who the World Champion is. On social media she gets a raw deal, everyone in the arenas knows who the champ is. She can be a little... off putting at times. But you Isabella? You’re perfect. Humility. Wrestling ability. A drop dead knockout, you are who every woman on the planet should aspire to be. That’s why I wanted you to become X Division Champion at For Glory and Gold. Its the reason why I cheered you on so hard when you finally achieve your destiny. With the X Division Championship in your hands, I don’t need to worry about someone pulling another stunt like Chantelle again.

[Tiffany Manning places a hand on Isabella’s shoulder. With a smile she says.]

Tiffany: Bottom line, Isabella, you are the face of Shotgun. The woman I want to build this entire show around. I am looking forward to you walking out of Deadly Dreams with the X Division and World Championships. I have so much faith in you, I am going to take the guaranteed title shot back. Its been over a year. You haven’t used it. Why would you need to? With me on your side, we can make Shotgun the top show in all of professional wrestling.

[Isabella removes Tiffany's hand from her shoulder. ]

Harker: Look… I’m flattered and all, but what’s the cost of this?

Tiffany: The cost? You’re a Champion… you could be the TOP Champion! There are people who would kill to be in your shoes.

[Isabella shakes her head.]

Harker: You really don’t get what I’m trying to say, do you? This X-Division title? Gabriela Austin didn’t tap out… maybe she would have. Maybe I would have been X-Division Champion anyway, but we’ll never know because a referee got overzealous and rang the bell too soon. And this Deadly Dreams tournament? The road I had to the end of it was cleared out by Merriman and Hemingway… I’d have to be blind not to see that…

Tiffany: They know a star when they see it.

Harker: But that’s the problem. Do you know what I see when I look in the mirror? I see someone who was handed their opportunity on a silver platter, and that’s just not who I want to be. The X-Division Championship… I’ll prove I deserve it against five other opponents at Deadly Dreams… but this tournament? I can’t accept that. Nate Lawson and Julia Noel were right to criticize that referee’s decision. Adrian and I should have been disqualified and instead he let it keep going. I can’t accept a title shot under such tainted premise… so I don’t want it.

[Tiffany looks like she is about to lose her shit.]

Tiffany: You can’t be serious! You’re going to throw that away?

Harker: I don’t deserve the title shot… not that way. BUT…

[Harker grins.]

Harker: Do you remember July 25, 2015? The night that Camelot and the Republic went to war with title shots for everyone hanging in the balance? It would seem to me that I haven’t yet used my shot.

Tiffany: You only had a year… that shot is gone…

Harker: Correction: I only had a year to decide when I wanted to use it. And as soon as the referee pulled his actions… as soon as the Deadly Dreams tournament was over, the morning of Monday, July 25, 2016, I went to the board of directors to inform them of my plans to relinquish the Deadly Dreams shot… and use THAT title shot… the one I EARNED… at the Deadly Dreams PPV!

[The crowd roars a bit.]

Harker: I will be at Deadly Dreams. I will defend this belt and challenge for the World Title still. And in the end, I will be World Champion not because of a bad call… I will be World Champion because I EARNED it!

[Tiffany nods.]

Tiffany: Very well. Now that the air has been cleared, lets get on with the show.

[Tiffany leaves the ring to the sound “Unleashed” by Epica. The scene closes with the fans still roaring for Harker.]
=

[We cut backstage to find Izumi Sato preparing for her upcoming tag team match. Izumi is already in her ring gear, and performs a series of stretches. Finally, she straightens up, turning to the lens.]

IZUMI: I never thought I would find a way to win that four-way match two weeks ago. It felt good, knowing that someone as small as me could win a match like that against three other competitors. And to do so against Ethan Payne among them? It meant that I could match hold for hold with someone like that, and overcome their best efforts despite all that momentum Payne had coming in.

[Izumi grimaces, holding a hand to her back.]

IZUMI: But then Payne saw it fit to throw a temper tantrum when the match was over; attacking me from behind like a coward! The fact of the matter is, Ethan, you got beaten by a better wrestler, and you couldn't handle it. So you blindside me, hitting your match ender.

[She retracts her hand from her back, letting it drop to her side.]

IZUMI: Now I'm not going to start cursing and raging up a storm like a good friend of mine would. That's just not my style. Nevertheless, there will be consequences for your actions, Ethan Payne; I promise you that! You want to attack me from behind, and hit The End on me? Fine! Just be prepared, because buddy, I don't take kindly to dishonorable people like you!

[She nods, a hint of fire entering her voice.]

IZUMI: You dishonored me, you dishonored our opponents, and you dishonored each and every fan that crams into the arena to see us put on a spectacle. All because you couldn't stand losing to that little Japanese girl from Kyoto.

[Izumi starts pacing back and forth a bit, before finally turning back toward the lens.]

IZUMI: So tonight, you [points at the lens] and I meet again, Ethan Payne. Only this time it'll be a tag team match. I've talked to Queen Mamba. I know that she'll have my back; and I'll have hers too. We may not be a team per se, but we're on the same page. And we'll work together like a well oiled machine. My question is, does Karina Lyasenko have your back? Does she trust you to watch hers without getting all perverted?

[Izumi shakes her head.]

IZUMI: Somehow I doubt that. But no matter; because sooner or later, you and I will meet in the center of that ring again. And you'll find yourself laying on your back, staring up at the lights, as I twist you up into a jumbo-sized pretzel. But not just because we're opponents again, no...

[Again she shakes her head for emphasis.]

IZUMI: Make no mistake, Ethan, you've made this personal now. I'm not just looking to beat you in the center of that ring for the second time, to celebrate the victory with Queen Mamba and go out for dinner afterwards.

[She waggles her index finger as if to say "Nope".]

IZUMI: I'm going to take you down, Ethan, and tie you up; screaming in pain for mercy. You'll fight with everything you've got left to get to the ropes, but I'll just pull you right back out to the middle of the ring againno man's land Ethan! 'Cause that's right where you belong. And then, when you can't stand the pain from having your arm hyper-extended and the ball of your shoulder popped out of its socket, you'll have no choice to--

[Izumi claps her hands in sync with her next words.]

IZUMI: Tap, tap, tap!

[She marches off, and we cut back to ringside.]

[Roderick Osborn stands backstage with a microphone in his hands. It takes a few seconds for the camera to pan wider but when it does, we also see that Queen Mamba is standing alongside him. Sporting a black leather jacket and her ring gear underneath, she just gazes at him.]

Roderick Osborn: Roderick Osborn here and my guest at the time is someone that hasn't taken long to make an impact here on Shotgun, that being Queen Mamba!

[A few cheers are heard from the crowd. This causes a small smile to grow on her face, not because she's soaking in the moment, but more out of slight amazement. Roderick notices this.]

Roderick: "You seemed a little surprise there by the reaction of the crowd."

Queen Mamba: "I mean it's just.....unexpected, you know. I mean I don't do this necessarily to be cheered, but hey, looks like I have a few fans out there.

Roderick: "Switching topics, you've been red hot since your arrival here at Shotgun and a month ago, you scored what many would call an upset victory over a former Global Champion in Travis Vessey. Mamba, what are your thoughts on your rise so far?

[She looks at him and takes a moment to consider the question.]

Queen Mamba: "I mean again, I don't get caught up with what people say. I mean it's nice that these people, or at least some, are cheering me and everything. But, the only person that wasn't surprised about beating Travis Vessey or just everything that's happened with me since coming here, is me. Look, I get it. I've only been pro for a few months. I'm still fresh out of the school. But I only had one goal coming here and that was to kick some ass. And-

[Queen Mamba pauses as some of the audience cheers her, thus stopping her briefly.]

Queen Mamba: "And I knew as long as I'm in a match, that's what I can do. When I'm in the ring with anyone, doesn't matter if their the usual scumbags and stuck up girls or even former World Champions, I can beat anyone. And if I can't, then I'll go down trying. That's what Travis saw, that's what everyone is seeing. That's what I always tell my little sister, who I love and care for and is the most important thing to me in my life.

[She lets a small smile escape her mouth.]

Queen Mamba: Ha, she's probably watching this right now, thinking I'm the coolest or something. Growing up, we both had people in our lives, ironically even our own mom and dad, telling us that we wasn't worthy or capable of doing anything. Our parents didn't care about us really. They were more concerned about getting high and drinking. Not about us. But me being here, me kicking ass, me doing what I'm doing right now, hopefully is showing her that forget what expect from you or what anyone says and just make everyone take a second look and turn some heads.

[Mamba lets out a sigh as now more of the audience cheers, to which she allows an innocent smirk grow on her face despite trying to play it cool.]

Mamba: ""I didn't mean to open up like that. I get why you're here. You have a job to do. You want to know what I think of my match coming up. Teaming with Izumi Sato and what not. Look, again, I'm not much of a tag team partner. I've found things in life to be easier when you're solo. But Izumi gets sh... I mean she gets things done. Again, little sister is watching so I should watch my mouth. But yeah, Izumi and I teamed up at the last house show and took care of business and now we're teaming again. Karina Lysenko, Ethan Payne, I know you guys won't make this easy. And yeah there's a language barrier between Izumi and I. We're from two different places of the world and are two totally different people. She's all happy and cheerful and I'm just show up to these shows like I just came from Hot Topic. That's my scene. That's not hers. We're two different people but we showed at the house show that together, we put people down and tonight, the same is going to happen to you two.

[She turns to Roderick.]

Queen mamba: "That's it for me."

[She prepares to walk off before Roderick speaks up.]

Roderick: "Thanks you for this time."

[The camera pans to a back shot of Mamba walking away. She doesn't turn back, instead keeps walking forward, but she does toss a peace sign that's visible to the audience.]

=

Izumi Sato and Queen Mamba vs. Ethan Payne and Karina Lyasenko

[Shotgun’s opening tag team match was quite the entertaining affair as the four wrestlers battled it out in what amounted to quite the grudge match. Sato and Mamba worked quite well together in the early going while Ethan and Karina seemed to have some tension. In addition, Ethan Payne did anything and everything he could to avoid Izumi as he tagged himself out whenever she wanted in and refused to tag in at any point if Izumi was the legal wrestler in the match. He would though, take his cheap shots at any given moment. The end of the match would see Mamba take down Karina with a spinning DDT! She went to her corner and made the tag to Izumi. Karina got close to the corner, but just when she was about to make the tag, Ethan hopped off the apron and ran through the crowd, wanting NOTHING to do with Izumi. From there, Karina was stuck. Sato and Mamba did what anyone do and take advantage until Mamba, who became the legal wrestler again at one point, locked in the Toxin Chamber causing Karina to tap out]

Winners: Izumi Sato and Queen Mamba

=

As the scene opens we see Tiffany Manning walking the halls backstage looking extremely preoccupied as she talks on her cellphone. She continues this frantic walking for a few moments u till she comes to a sudden stop. She lets out a soft chuckle as she lowers her phone and rolls her eyes a little.

Tiffany: “Well...look who decided to show up!”

Her tone is sarcastic as the camera turns a bit to reveal Cassidy Carter sitting on a large, black production box. She grins a little as neither woman looks at the other; not really talking to each other, more talking to the air around them, there conversations just so happening to match.

Cassidy: “What can I say? Seems I had nothing better to do this evening.”

Tiff rolls her eyes again.

Tiffany: “You know production isn't going to be happy about you being on there.”

Cassidy smiles slyly.

Cassidy: “Most of them don't seem to have a problem with it.”

Tiffany: “And I suppose that is completely unrelated to the production assistant with the broken finger?”

Cassidy just shrugs. Tiffany sighs as she pinched the bridge of her nose in exasperation.

Tiffany: “Do you even really want to be here right now?”

Cassidy pretends to mull it over.

Cassidy: “Do you mean is this where I most want to be in the world right now? Honestly, I can probably think of a handful of places I would rather be. A Jamaican beach is pretty high on that list. Seriously, tell me YOU wouldn't rather be on a Caribbean beach right now.”

Tiffany rolls her eyes yet again.

Tiffany: “You know what I mean.”

Cassidy’s grin morphs into annoyance as Tiffany refuses to play her game.

Cassidy: “I'm here, aren't I?”

Tiffany: “Why?”

Cassidy shrugs slightly, looking off into the distance.

Cassidy: “I have my reasons.”

Tiffany: “Oh, and what might those be? Because, you've consistently shown that you could care less about this company or anyone in it.”

Cassidy’s gaze shoots to Tiffany.

Cassidy: “I care about some people in the company!!”

Tiff shakes her head, looking up at Cassidy finally.

Tiffany: “Oh right...and what IS going on with Cailey?”

Cassidy shrugs again.

Cassidy: “I don't know. What am I, her fucking sister?”

Tiff furrows her brow.

Tiffany: “...YES!!”

Cassidy: “oh...right. I have no idea what's going on with her.”

She pauses, then quickly adds.

Cassidy: “Maybe the old man died on top of her and she hasn't been able to get out from under him. Have you ever considered that?”

Tiff shakes her head again.

Tiffany: “Well, looks like you've once again done just enough to keep drawing a GCW paycheck. Isn't that the only reason you're here? Just doing the bare minimum for shoe money?”

Her tone is stern, which catches Cass off guard. She is a little shaken; but manages to maintain her icy, carefree demeanor. She goes to speak; but, Tiff cuts her off.

Tiffany: “put forth a little effort; and I'll even give you a chance to earn back the Television Championship. Or, you can always just roll over and take the loss. I suppose there's no shame in just drawing a paycheck.”

Cassidy furrows her brow as she hops off the box and gets in Tiff’s face. Her tone is serious and sharp.

Cassidy: “I'm here, aren't I? And since I am, I plan to do a little more than put forth ‘a little effort.’ I plan on fucking winning!!”

She stares down Tiffany who hesitates for a moment, then let's out a single chuckle.

Tiffany: “We’ll see.”

She lets the words hang in the air between them, hoping the irony isn't lost on Cassidy. It's not. Cassidy’s eyes narrow in anger as Tiff grins contentedly, turning to walk away. She pauses for a moment, adding…

Tiffany: “Say ‘hi’ to Cailey for me the next time you see her. She is really missed around here. It's a shame more people don't share her drive, determination or work ethic.”

Another slight that is not wasted on Cassidy who is now scowling as Tiff turns again and slowly walks away down the hall, leaving her stewing in her own anger as the scene fades out.
=

Cassidy Carter vs. Julia Braddock
[Carter and Julia begin with straight up chain wrestling that lasts for several minutes. Neither lady seems to gain a definitive upper hand. Carter then changes tactics with a right hand, turning the wrestling match into a fist fight. The two trade right hands but Julia gets the better of it and then a dropkick sends Carter outside. Julia with a suicide dive plancha over the top onto Carter. Julia whips Carter into the steel steps and then rolls her back into the ring. Julia with a heelo back into the ring onto Carter. Julia connects with Julia In Excelsis Deo. Julia goes to the second rope and tries for Queen’s Ransom but Carter moves out of the way and then drops Julia again with a spinning heel kick. Carter with Fall From Grace. Carter then locks in The Fabulock. Julia eventually reaches the ropes. Carter then goes outside and retrieves a steel chair. She waits as Julia pulls herself up. Carter then blasts Julia over the head with the steel chair. The referee calls for the bell but Carter continues to use the chair over and over again against the sides of Julia Braddock until JaMarcus Avery hits the ring, running Carter off.]
WINNER via DQ: Julia Braddock
=

Backstage…

Nate Lawson can be seen standing by. The footage is grainy, as though it came from someone’s cell phone.

Lawson: What do you mean I’m not supposed to get in front of a camera?

Worker: Sorry, sir. Bosses orders.

Lawson: “Bosses orders”? I’m supposed to accept that Tiffany Manning has sent out a mandate to keep me off the air? Why? Is she afraid I might say something that might upset her?

Worker: She says that you’re too much of a loose cannon… that putting you in front of the camera might tarnish her legacy as a fair and reputable GM. She thinks keeping you quiet… at least until the controversy has blown over.

Nate smirks, shaking his head.

Lawson: Unbelievable… can you believe this?

Nate addresses the camera directly…

Female Voice: I can’t believe it.

Lawson: Neither can I. I guess we’re to assume that I’m “bad for business” and having referees going by their own rules, calling matches through incompetence or corruption is “best”.

FV: Careful, Nate… you don’t want to piss off the boss, do you? She has a hashtag.

Lawson: “#GoTiffGo”. I could actually support that. #GoTiffGo… away. Far away. Get your nose out of the business in the ring, and then… maybe I’ll say something to help your legacy. Until then… the world is going to see your corruption for what it is.

FV: Good… now how do we get this video to air?

He shrugs.

Lawson: Use your feminine wiles?

Nate and the woman both laugh as the scene fades…

=

#1 Contenders Match for the Television Championship.
Neil Newman vs. Kyle Butler

[Both members of the Golden Era, as expected, shook hands at the start of the match. For the next 15 minutes, both guys put on quite the technical wrestling classic, with both guys obviously being evenly matched knowing each other’s arsenal from top to bottom. There would be no cheap shots, no interference, or any shenanigans of any kind. At one point, Newman would kick out of a headlock backbreaker by Butler. On the flipside, Kyle would kick out of a Bridging german suplex by Neil. Kyle would appear to be in control when he went high risk and brought down Neil with a top rope facebuster and a locked in camel clutch to drive his partner further into pain, but Neil was able to counter by getting to a vertical base while locked in the clutch and driving Kyle spine first into the mat and then taking advantage by locking in a Cloverleaf! Kyle seemed out of it until he countered and escaped the hold. Kyle would get up. Neil went after him, but Kyle caught him out of nowhere with a T-bone suplex! Kyle dragged Neil to the corner, stood on the second rope and brought down Neil with the ROLL TIDE from the SECOND rope! Neil SOMEHOW kicked out! Kyle took his time and went to the opposite corner. He ran back and went for a corner slingshot splash, but it got BLOCKED! Neil got Kyle up and brought him down with the Newman Plex! SOMEHOW Kyle kicked out! Neil then carried Kyle to the top rope. Neil leaped off the top and he hit ANOTHER Newman Plex, from the top rope this time! An exhausted Neil slowly crawled toward Kyle and draped an arm across his chest, FINALLY getting the win!]

Winner (and #1 contender): Neil Newman

[A solid number of fans applauded the effort both men gave as the referee raised Neil’s hand. Neil though, would reach down and help up Kyle. They exchanged a quick handshake before Kyle left to allow Neil to have his moment in victory.]

=

(We cut backstage where we see Melanie McBride...Livewire's Melanie McBride, who is clearly making a special appearance tonight. She seems intent and determined as she rushes up to catch up to her intended target, a future opponent by the name of…)

Melanie: SKULD!

(The masked woman has her back turned towards Melanie. The young McBride, though, runs up anyway, snatches her by the shoulder and spins Skuld around to face her.)

Melanie: We have business, you and I.

Skuld: Later. Our business is in the ring. We have no business now. So begone…

Melanie: Not yet…

(Melanie reaches for the mask.)

Melanie: Not until I’ve seen your face!

(Skuld fights back.)

Skuld: NO!

Melanie: Oh it’s coming off! I have to know who it is I am facing!

(She manages to get it off and she gasps when she sees Sierra Michaels.)

Melanie: Sierra…?

Skuld: Give me the mask!

(While Melanie is still stunned, Sierra takes back the mask and puts it back over her face.)

Skuld: The Master ordered me to never show my face again…except to him…

Melanie: No, Sierra, no! This Nero creep is NOT your master…

Skuld: He is now. And my name is no longer Sierra. That name hearkens back to a time long ago, when I was still happy.

Melanie: How did he do this to you, Sierra? Tell me!

Skuld: It was my own foolishness that allowed it to happen. My brother, Mike Michaels, he helped me get a job here with GCW. Little did I know he also owned my contract, but he never used to his advantage. But then the Master came along. He offered to buy my contract from Mike. Initially Mike refused but everyone has a price, I guess…especially my brother…Mike did sell my contract to the Nero organization.

Melanie: And?

Skuld: And that’s it! He owns my contract and I have to do what he says, because he legally can end my wrestling career. I can legally wrestle only if he allows me to, according to the contract my brother sold him. And if I refuse to obey the Master’s will, then he can sue me for everything I have.

Melanie: I thought the Michaels family was pretty well off.

(Skuld, formerly Sierra, sighs.)

Skuld: We were. But Mike managed to steal everything Joey and I both have. Mike has everything, Joey and I have nothing…nothing but the new life Nero has bestowed upon me. He gave me the mask, ordered me to wear it at all times. He told me that I would no longer identify by the name of Sierra Michaels. He gave me the name Skuld.

(Melanie furrows her brow.)

Melanie: Skuld? What the hell for?!

Skuld: Skuld is one of the named Valkryies in Norse mythology. The valkyries were warrior women in Norse mythology, thus I am a warrior for Nirvana and my master Nero.

(She points at Melanie.)

Skuld: Soon, you too shall become a valkryie. You shall become my sister valkyrie and a fellow slave of Nero. I…apologize…

Melanie: No! I cannot allow it! I will not allow it!

Skuld: I apologize, Melanie, but I have no choice. I must obey my master and he has ordered me to defeat you. And defeat you I shall, thus sealing your fate as a valkyrie and a slave, forcing you to forever don this mask…

(Skuld can be heard weeping.)

Skuld: And it will all be on my head…

(Skuld turns and runs off.)

[Janice King stands backstage with a mic firmly in her hands.]

Janice: "Ladies and gentleman, my guest at the time, the "Architect of Your Destruction, Travis Vessey!"

[Boos are heard as Travis walks into view with his agent, Trista Foxx-Porter, flanking him. Travis is sporting a blue dress shirt with slack and his hair well groomed. He smirks when he looks at Janice.]

Travis: "Janice, long time no see. We've had great moments in the past right?"

[Travis' words drip in sarcasm as Janice chooses not to engage wit his antagonist remarks.]

Janice: "Travis, tonight, your tag team partner Christy Hightower-

[Travis covers the microphone, halting Janice from speaking.]

Travis: "Yeah, my tag team partner Christy Hightower is moments away from walking down to that ring and facing JeMarcus Avery for the GCW Television Championship; a title in which she will then walk out of the arena with and with her as the new TV Champion. It's a foregone conclusion. it's not really rocket science. Yes JeMarcus is a physical beast but as he ever beaten Christy? Didn't you see Christy and I take the Tag Team titles away from him and his beloved on the biggest show of the year? Didn't you see how Christy was the star of Legacy while Jemarcus was one of the background players. So why would you start off this interview by asking my thoughts on the obvious? Janice, Janice, every time I think better of you and your skills, you disappoint me every time. You should be better than this.

[Travis runs a hand through his hair as Janice looks on, a bit offended.]

Janice: "Alright then. How about you?"

Travis: "What about me?"

Janice: "What are your thoughts on your recent slump and your lack of wins over the last few weeks?"

[The crowd oohs as Travis' grin quickly turns to annoyance. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.]

Travis: "Is this your way of giving me a burn? So these people out there can go on Twitter and be like 'oh Janice totally told Travis.' But alright, yeah, I've been in a rut lately. I even lost to a kid that just came out of the school in Queen Mamba a few weeks ago. Ever since Christy and I lost the titles, in a match that we wasn't pinned, yeah, things haven't gone well for me. But Janice, I'm a former Global Champion. I've won the Global, International and Tag Team titles. That makes me a Triple Crown Champion. I'm one of the youngest to ever do it. I'm never out of the picture and I'm never going to be irrelevant. Me and Christy? Yeah we had some issues over how we lost the titles and what happened at our rematch. But you know what makes a great team? Getting through them. Communicating. Talking about what we need to do. And with the benefit of good representation.

[Foxx-Porter smirks.]

Travis: "When we get a shot at the Tag titles again one day, we'll prove that we're the best team in the world. But for now....Christy has singles gold to win and so where does that leave me huh? Maybe Janice I'm just waiting for the next big opportunity to show up. We got a lot of big names here. Maybe i'm waiting for my time to knock them off their pedestal. Regardless of this slump, I am elite and I belong in that conversation. I think people need to remember why I am the Architect of Your Destruction. And I think I'm going to do that really soon. Until then...I'm going to watch my friend become TV Champion. Thank YOU for giving me a few minutes of entertainment. Work on your questions next time ok?"

[Travis flahes a mock thumbs up to Janice before walking away with Foxx-Porter]

=

Television Championship Match
Christy Hightower vs JaMarcus Avery

[JaMarcus uses a power based offense early on against Hightower. Hard shoulder tackles and vicious lariats lead to belly to belly overhead suplexes, gorilla press slams, and charging power slams. Hightower takes advantage of a mistake from Avery and begins to slow down the pace considerably. She works over the leg at first with a leg grapevine, an ankle lock, and then she cannonballs it against the ropes. Christy applies a figure four on the ringpost. She applies an Indian deathlock. Avery makes it to the ropes. She goes for a diving high knee but Avery moves out of the way, hits the ropes, and comes back with a spear. Avery connects with a T-Bone suplex and an exploder suplex. Avery goes for Court Marshaled but Christy slips free of it and then connects with a springboard bulldog. Christy with a springboard asai moonsault for a cover and a two. Christy connects with the Diving High Knee and then goes for a frog splash but Avery gets his knees up just in time. Avery hoists Christy up and drops her with Court Marshaled. Before Avery can go for the cover, Cassidy Carter hits the ring. She takes the TV Title belt and blasts Avery with it! The referee has no choice but to signal for the bell…]

WINNER via DQ: JaMarcus Avery

=

“Amelia Robson deserved better.”

Still shots of last Shotgun, where Chantelle Chambers used crook over hook to retain the World Championship against the former Champion, the always-popular Supergirl.

“Amelia Robson was a hero. Amelia Robson was MY hero. But she fell too far. She did things the right way and look at where it got her. Defeated. And now silent.”

The scene shines atop a darkened roof, where a female stands.

“But where Amelia Robson fell silent, Supergirl cannot be defeated. And so in her lead, in her name, we rise to fight her battle and do what she never would have done herself. It’s time real justice find itself in GCW… it’s time for a new path… it’s time for a new…

SUPERGIRL!”
=

(“The Brod” Broderick Chase steps out on top of the ramp, microphone in hand…)

Brod: “Mr. Lee, I’ll take it from here…”

(He clears his throat.)

Brod: “Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you a woman who is far beyond any others. The most alluring, the most bombastic, the most athletically gifted and dare I say most beautiful woman in all of GCW. She is coming out here to give your women a jealous streak, and give your men second-thoughts about their life choices. I present to you wrestling’s greatest Knockout, the Beverly Hills Bombshell and YOUR WORLD CHAMPION… CHANTELLE CHAMBERS!! WOOOOO!!!”

(Then, “Brand New Bitch” by Anjulie begins to play out over the crowd. Chantelle Chambers steps out on top of the stage, her arms already stretched out, revealing the sparkle of her World Championship, to receive her adulation from the crowd – and ignoring that it is boos that shower her. She throws her sunglasses aside and begins to walk down towards the ring, followed by The Brod, who’s grinning like a Cheshire cat the whole way. When they get to the ring, The Brod rushes to the apron first, lifting the ropes up for his client to step through. Chambers does and stands in the ring, removing her Championship belt and handing it aside to The Brod. She poses in the middle of the ring as the crowd boos her…)

Chambers: “Thank you, Broddy. I wish I could say I was happy to be here tonight, but the fact is it’s all of you who should send glad tidings… celebrate that you are in the presence of the greatest wrestler of a generation! ME!”

(She throws her head back, basking in the reaction – which is still overwhelmingly negative.)

Chambers: “Last month, you all thought in your heart of hearts that Jay Pride was going to do it… that he was going to overcome the odds and become GCW World Champion, ending my glorious reign before it gained any traction. And you were WRONG. Then, two weeks ago, you were waiting… you were SALIVATING at the thought of Amelia Robson deposing me, stealing back the title that I EARNED back at For Glory and Gold. But again, you were WRONG!”
(Chantelle and The Brod laugh, which only incenses the crowd.)

Chambers: “See, what so many people try but cannot overlook is that, as long as I am the Champion, I am the center of the GCW universe! I am the sun that this planet revolves around. I am the reason each and every one of you came here tonight…”

(The crowd boos again.)

Chambers: “Two nights ago… two nights ago I went on what some described as a tirade on Twitter, and with good reason. I will not accept my reign being undermined by anyone or anything. This Championship is the biggest prize in GCW. Everyone who doesn’t have it… wants it. And everyone who wants it, by default, wants to be ME! I am truly the center of attention here!”

(Once more… well, you get the point.)

Chambers: “My next defense is coming at Deadly Dreams… Adrian Waters (crowd boos) and Isabella Harker (crowd cheers)… Oh… you like that one, do you? Well, does it make any difference if I let you in on a little secret? She’s not going to beat me!”

(The pair in the ring laugh while the masses outside of it…)

Chambers: She’s not going to beat me! Adrian Waters is not going to beat me! I am too good! There is no single person and no force in GCW that is capable of beating me! I will be YOUR WORLD CHAMPION for as long as I damn-well please! And as long as I remain Champion, GCW will continue to give me the attention and admiration I DESERVE… it will truly be ALL EYES ON ME!!

(Her music blares up again as the crowd continues to boo… though, to be honest, did they really stop? She retrieves her Championship from The Brod, who keeps clapping as she lifts it above her head, much to the dismay of the crowd.)

=

[Shotgun fades in and we see Janice King standing by a locker room door, obviously trying to get an interview on somebody, though we don’t know who just yet. She’s as poised as usual as she notices that the cameras are on and she is live.]

Janice: Later tonight, we are in for a huge tag team match as the global tag team champions Kayla Jones and Victoria Salinas team up to take on #GingerNation. I am hoping to get a word with Victoria right now and my sources tell me she’s in here, so, hopefully we can talk and she can fill us in on quite the… drama… so to speak, that she has caught herself in.

[Janice takes a small breath before she knocks on the door. Nobody answers it, which she finds odd.]

Janice: This is not normal. Sorry folks, it’s just… well, everyone knows Victoria has a reputation for talking and wanting to be the center of attention so to not even come out and talk to me is a bit… strange.

[Janice knocks again and the good news is that someone has in fact, answered the door. However, the person that answered the door is NOT Victoria Salinas, it ends up being her former publicist Allison Mayberry which catches Janice completely off guard.]

Janice: Allison? What are you doing here?

Allison: I should be asking you that same question.

Janice: I’m here to talk to Victoria. Are you her publicist again?

Allison: Just for tonight because she happened to have this feeling that you were going to try and talk to her and sure enough, here you are. Look, let me just tell you to your face how it is, okay? She DOESN’T want to talk to you and she’s NOT going to either. So, I think it’s in your best interest if you just leave.

Janice: Where is this coming from?

Allison: Really Janice? Are you that ignorant? No offense, but a portion of what she’s going through right now IS because of you and IS because of your colleagues in the media. Think about it! You were pressing not only her, but Kayla Jones about “tension” and sure enough, a couple of Shotguns ago, that tension came to fruition. That tension wasn’t because of the egos of both women, that tension was manufactured by people like YOU that wanted a story to write about. People like YOU Janice, were being vultures trying to either manufacture or capitalize on “relationship issues” with her boyfriend. To be fair, it doesn’t help when she has other people in her ear telling her to leave him, but still… you keep on piling on and piling on and next thing you know, Axl gets hurt, she feels like the worst girlfriend ever and instead of being a sensible person and leaving her alone, you’re trying to press her for answers? For what? So you can mention how when she got beat down by Ginger Nation two weeks ago that Kayla wasn’t there for her?

Janice: She wasn’t. She was fighting another match for another company.

Allison: So you automatically assume that if she WAS here, she wouldn’t have been out there to help her? Vicky didn’t even know that Kayla wasn’t in the building. See, THAT is what I am getting at. It’s like you WANT the Global Tag Team Champions to have issues with each other. Where were you when Clarissa Vega ran her down and called her out for things in her past that had NOTHING to do with GCW? Were you trying to get her to come around? Did you condemn that nonsense? Were you even there for her? NO! Were you there for her when Axl got hurt and she’s been distraught and depressed ever since? NO! You are not Victoria’s friend, you’re someone that does her job and interviews her. This whole entire thing, Janice, is a public relations DISASTER! I can see it both ways. The fact that she’s been behaving the way she has IS ridiculous because it’s like she’s forgotten the wrestler that she is, but all things considered, maybe you should look in the mirror and realize YOU are part of that disaster.

[Janice is frozen solid, absolutely unsure of how to respond to any of that.]

Allison: But let me tell you who HAS been there through all of this, the same person that people have been trying to place doubts in Vicky’s head about: KAYLA JONES! If you’ve actually BEEN THERE behind the scenes, you would know that the two of them are actually starting to become really close friends. SHE reached out to her to help her. SHE cares about her as a human being. YOU on the other hand, only care about helping your boss drive up the ratings! So tonight, one way or another, she WILL be able to make this work with Hannah Myers and Kayla Jones. Sure, there was tension a while ago, but that’s done with. She and Kayla are on the same page better than they’ve ever been.

Janice: Um… right. So… what about this whole thing with Hannah that’s heated up as of late?

Allison: That’s a whole different mess altogether. Two weeks ago, Vicky was in the wrong in calling her out like that. Period! It wasn’t even necessary. I understand Hannah has her quirks about her that can annoy some people on the roster, but she took it WAY too far. That’s between the two of them at the end of the day, but what I can tell you is that the Vicky I knew early in her career, you know, before the whole ‘self-absorbed, conceited” thing started, the REAL Victoria I should point out, would have NEVER done something so stupid. I know I’m here protecting her from vultures like you, but I’m not exactly thrilled with her attitude lately either. Anyway, that’s all I need to say. Hopefully you don’t twist any of this just for the sake of a fabricated story!

[Allison heads back inside the locker room, leaving Janice alone. She’s still quite shocked that Allison was quite aggressive about things just as shocked as she is that she never even got to talk to Victoria at all. Janice leaves the scene, trying to soak in everything she just heard.]

=

Six Woman Tag Team Match
Kayla Jones, Victoria Salinas and Hannah Myers vs. #GingerNation

[The good girls were looking to get quite a measure of revenge against the three pests that had been a thorn in each of their sides in recent weeks… or at least… Kayla and Hannah were. Ginger Nation obviously took advantage of things in the early going with the tension between Hannah and Victoria brewing. Kayla and Hannah tried the best that they could against Julia, Jenni and Allison, but Victoria’s recent funk, so to speak, kept the good girls from being a cohesive team. At one point, Kayla was knocked off the apron and Allison took down Hannah with a swinging neckbreaker. When Allison made the cover, an unfocused Victoria didn’t run in for the save, though Hannah managed to kick out. A similar situation happened when Hannah was off the apron and Jenni had Kayla covered after a backstabber, though Kayla kicked out then. Kayla tried to tag Victoria in, but she didn’t seem willing. The Enigma would roll up Kayla and pull the tights, but Hannah broke it up. Kayla would try quite a few times to get Victoria in, but Victoria wasn’t biting. Hannah and Jenni were the two legal wrestlers in the latter point of the match. Julia and Allison clipped Kayla from behind and had her crash into the floor, beating her down two on one on the outside. Hannah took down Jenni with a springboard cutter and went to the corner with Victoria the only person available to tag in. Hannah tried to tag her in, but again, nothing. Hannah had ENOUGH and she FORCE TAGGED Victoria in before smacking her right across the face. This infuriated Victoria and she completely exploded with anger, taking EVERYTHING out on Jenni. The others saw what was happening and went in, but this just drove her to be even more pissed off, taking out all of her emotions on the three Gingers and for a while, they couldn’t stop her. Of course, the numbers game eventually became too much and she was on the worse end of a 3 on 1 assault before Kayla and eventually Hannah got in to even things up. Once things got cleared up, Victoria went for a moonsault on Jenni… only to crash land and get nothing but mat. Jenni avoided it and tagged in the Enigma. The Enigma dominated Victoria for a good 3 minutes before she had enough and fought back, eventually taking her down with a spinning heel kick. She went back to her corner to measure Julia up for the next move, but Kayla tagged herself in. Kayla tagged Enigma with the Kayla Wind Kick 1.0! Jenni tried getting involved, but Hannah ran in and speared her to the mat. Allison ran in as well, but Victoria delivered a Busaiku knee to block any interference. Meanwhile, Kayla hooked the leg of the Enigma and got the win for her team!]

Winners: Kayla Jones, Victoria Salinas & Hannah Myers

[Ginger Nation regrouped as quickly as possible, with Allison and Jenni getting Julia out of the ring, incensed as they backed up the ramp. Kayla and Hannah celebrated the win, but Victoria was in no such mood as she left the ring. She wanted to go up the ramp, but Destiny Skye came down and got in her way, causing a bit of a staredown between the two. Back in the ring, Kayla and Hannah had a similar staredown. Ginger Nation was on the stage, looking on and focused at the two teams they needed to beat to get what they wanted.

=

The sound of some bemused chuckling can be heard. As our scene rises up, Maria Prado can be seen standing in front of a characteristically-gruff Malcolm Cross.

Prado: “Do you know what amuses me about this whole game you’re playing? That you think you somehow have an advantage.”

Immediately, it can be deduced that she is referring to Slade Merriman and Drake Hemingway, who in recent weeks have made it their raison d’être to attack the former Global Champion.

Prado: “Do you really believe that war is fought out there, in the field alone? Do you not take into consideration the other arenas where wars are fought? The public… the board rooms… the mind?”

She shakes her head.

Prado: “No… you are both but amateurs in the grand scheme of things. You both possess such a simplistic view of the struggles you are engaged in, that you fail to see the forest through the trees. What you assume is victory is actually a seed of your own downfall.”

She steps back, placing a hand on Malcolm’s chest.

Prado: “Malcolm Cross has been holding back, allowing you to revel in your meagre “victories”. He has not yet unleashed the full extent of his fury. But when he does… oh…”

A smile crawls onto her face.

Prado: “The free flow of your blood will be a thing of glory.”

==

Eight Person Tag Team Match.
Gabby Austin, Hayley Gold, Jay Pride and Isabella Harker vs Chantelle Chambers, Slade Merriman, Mal Cross, Adrian Waters.

Tensions were high for this six eight person contest. Chantelle and Jay Pride picked up where they left off from there World Championship match weeks ago, started even, Chantelle swung the momentum her way until Jay Pride picked up the pace. Chantelle tried tagging in Mal, who promptly hopped off the apron. Slade scoffed at him. Chambers tagged in Waters instead. Jay was ready to go until Gabby tagged herself in, clearly determined to get a piece of Waters. They traded momentum back and forth. Waters went to tag in Mal, who once again, hopped off the apron. Hopped down to the floor. Barking Malcolm out was the last thing he should have done, Mal attacked him. Chambers yelling at both men didn't deter Mal from clearly laying into Slade. Drake came out to protect his partner only to be interrupted by Jay Pride, who has no love lost for Mr. Merriman. While the chaos picked up outside, that left Golden Class, Harker, Chantelle and Waters to fend for themselves. The three on two advantage was negated somewhat with Gabby refusing to tag in Harker, clearly showing distrust. One mistake by Hayley made it easier for Chantelle and Adrain to cut off the ring.

On the outside, Pride battled Hemingway to the back. Mal Cross and Slade brawl concluded with Mal powerbombing Slade through the announce table, then taking his leave.

Inside the ring, the turning point in the match when Hayley hit Chambers flush with a superkick, allowing her time to make the tag to Harker. Harker cleared house of the two remaining members of the opposite team. During the hot streak, Isabella went up to the top rope, Adrian was wobbling, she lept from the top rope, but Adrian pulled the referee in front of him, knocking the official down in the process. This gave Chambers the bright idea to call to Brod to hand her the World Championship. She came in the ring, first she went for Adrian Water, clocking him in the back of the head with the title back. She went for Harker next who ducked, then she caught her flush with a superkick.

Isabella looked down at Adrian sighing, conflicted on what to do, does she take a potential win like this. Gabby screamed at her to make the pin on Adrian. She went up to Gabby to discuss matters, Gabby tagged herself in the ring without a referee present. Harker stopped her. Gabby got in her face. Hayley got in the ring to defuse a nasty situation. As the three women were talking amongst themselves, Tiffany stormed down to the ring. By the time Adrian came too; he rolled up Isabella who he assumed was the legal person. The referee refused to count. He crawled over to the corner to let the timekeeper know Adrian pulled him in front of Harker, resulting in a DQ.

Winners by DQ Gabby Austin, Hayley Gold, Jay Pride and Isabella Harker

Gabby rolled out the ring to confront Tiffany. Hayley, fearing what Gabby would do, stood in front of Tiffany to talk some sense into Gabby. Meanwhile inside the ring, an incensed Adrian continued to beat up on Harker. Tiff used Hayley's distraction to roll back in the ring. She grabbed Adrain by the arm. He stared at Tiffany wondering what the heck she is doing. Chambers came back in the ring with a steel chair this time, clocked Adrian in the back, he fell forward. She wanted to turn the chair to Harker but Tiff grabbed the chair. Harker waited until Chambers turned around to drop her with a DDT.

Gabby slid back in the ring while Tiffs back was turned clapping for Harker. She acted like she was going to nail Tiff but thought better of it. Rolling back out the ring she left with Hayley who was glad Gabby didn't blow her lid. The lasting image is Isabella mouthing at Tiff that she doesn't need her assistance as the scene fades on Shotgun.