Shotgun 5.22 RESULTS (#GoTiffGo Special)

Jazmyn Rain

Shotgun 5.22 RESULTS (#GoTiffGo Special)

Post by Jazmyn Rain » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:36 am

(The first few chords of “Always” by Saliva begins to play.)

I hear, a voice say "Don't be so blind"
It's telling me all these things
That you would probably hide
Am I, your one and only desire
Am I the reason you breathe
Or am I the reason you cry?

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

I just can't take anymore
This life of solitude
I guess that I'm out the door
And now I'm done with you.

I feel, like you don't want me around
I guess I'll pack all my things
I guess I'll see you around
It's all, been bottled up until now
As I walk out your door
All I can hear is the sound

Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[The #GoTiffGo edition of Shotgun fades in and the crowd is booing loudly. That's because, who else, Tiffany Manning is standing in ring wearing wrestling gear in preparation for the event her and Isabella have to face each other in the gauntlet. The fans are booing her. She sighs; waiting for them to die down.]

Tiffany: ‘I could care less if you like me. Your opinion doesn’t matter to me tonight. I am here to address a situation that has gotten out of hand. The only way I can do that is by inviting a woman I have great admiration for out here to finally clear the air. Isabella, please, come on out here.

“I SAID I’LL RULE THE WORLD!”

[The opening horns of Walk Off The Earth’s “Rule The World” begin to play as the crowd come to their feet. They are greeted by the cheers of the crowd, although as Isabella Harker steps out from the back, a look of complete distrust on her face. She carries the X-Division Championship belt at her side, not lifting it for the crowd as she makes it down to the ring. As she climbs into the ring, she sets the X-Division belt in the corner, hanging it off the top turnbuckle, before retrieving a microphone.]

Tiffany: This entire situation has gotten out of hand. Its my fault. I’m sorry baby. I need you to understand once and for all why I have taken upon myself to go this route. When you sacrificed the shot you won, admittedly, the road I pathed with the decisions I made, it hurt my feelings. I felt you rejected me. That you told me my support of you wasn’t good enough. So, if you didn’t value my support, I was going to teach you that you don’t bite the hand that feeds you. The referee, Forgotten Nomore, remember how you became X Division Champion? I needed to ensure another Mal Cross situation didn’t happen. He got involved in your match with Katherine Prescott. He didn’t deserve to become X Division Champion in the tag match, I made things right. Doesn’t feel you appreciate me and the sacrifices I made.

I tanked my reputation. I earned the scorn of millions of fans around the world, I am the bad guy to a lot of people who used to respect me. Why? Because of you. Because I want you to become World Champion. Because I admire you. Since it doesn’t seem to register with you Isabella. I have more than crush, I have feelings for you, Isabella.

Everything. EVERYTHING I have done is for our future! I admit, I have made your career difficult making you defend that championship every single night. I have been petty. Vindictive. Its all because I need you, ok. So... we can make this right tonight, I can by calling off the Gauntlet. I will call it off. I will give you the next three Shotguns and house shows off. You can chose at Survival of the Fittest anyone you want to defend the title against. You earned that right. I am willing to forgive you for everything you have done as long as you can do the same. There doesn’t need to be a Gauntlet. I don’t want to fight you, baby. So, what do you say? Give me a hug. Water under the bridge?

[The crowd chants “NO! NO! NO!” as Harker looks as though she is considering it…]

Harker: Sacrifices?

[Harker looks incredulously at Manning, which prompts the latter to change her view…]

Harker: I’ll tell you exactly what you sacrificed. You sacrificed MY trust. You sacrificed MY integrity. You sacrificed MY reputation because you thought I would play ball with your schemes. And still, you persist with this charade.

[The crowd roars.]

Harker: You are continuing to try and paint yourself the victim when you're not. You understand me? You're no victim. You've been telling anyone that would listen how the only way to avoid this gauntlet would be for me to look past your transgressions and let you call it off… but that’s a line of bull. You know it, they know it… and I know it.

[Tiffany goes to speak, but Harker knocks the microphone out of her hand.]

Harker: I didn’t want it to come to this. There’s no honour in this. But if beating you is what I have to do… then I’m afraid I’m left with no other alternative.

[Harker drops her own microphone and exits the ring, not looking back while Manning protests.]

Janice King stands backstage with a microphone in her hands. She looks at the camera before speaking.

King: Ladies and gentleman please welcome at this time, my guest, Queen Mamba!

The crowd can be heard cheering as on cue, the young woman steps into camera view, donning her ring gear underneath but also, a black leather jacket with a hood on top.

King: Now Mamba, you've made an impact ever since your arrival here in Global Championship Wrestling. A month ago, you came so close to winning the GCW TV Championship. Two weeks ago, you and your friend Geneva Bell stood toe to toe against Nate Lawson and Adrian Walters, the GCW TV Champion. Mamba, what's next for you?

Mamba slowly removes the hood from off her head before she begins to speak.

Mamba: It's pretty simple to me. I'll be watching that TV title match closely. Whether it's Adrian Walters or JeMarcus Avery, whoever walks out champion, I'm coming for them. But you know what, don't take this the wrong way JeMarcus but I hope Adrian wins because I would love nothing more than to get into the ring with him once again and kick his ass.

The crowd cheers.

Mamba: He loves talking about how smart he is, how much better he is than everyone. Well guess what Adrian? You're lucky you made it out with that championship against me because I had you. Not only did I prove that I could hang with you, but that you didn't have an answer for me. You had to rely on your agent. You had to rely on the time. You couldn't handle me and that's why you had to get so desperate. Next time, if you do win, that won't happen. Because like you saw, I got people watching my back too. I didn't ask for Geneva's help because I can handle things by myself, but I appreciate it. Geneva and I trained together at Golden Gate. I know how iraiting she can be in the ring. We're two different people outside it, yea. She's all into the Hollywood stuff and watching to be a movie star and I'm the emo kid. Something like that. But in the ring, we are both ass kickers and just like she has my back, I have hers.

The crowd cheers.

Mamba: So Walters, Avery, even you Nate Lawson, just know that if you're going for that TV title, you're going to have to deal with me too. Because I want it, I know I can take it and I will go through all of you to get it.

Crowd cheers as King speaks again.

King: Now before you could even do that, you're competing in a fatal four way match against Jay Pride, Kordy Price and....Alice? What are your thoughts going into this match?

Mamba thinks for a moment.

Mamba: I've never been in a Fatal Four Way match but I know all about the rules. First one that gets the pin wins. I don't even have to be in the ring or get pinned to lose. Yeah, I get that. And Jay Pride and Kordy and that Alice girl all look legit. But what's the one thing that i said when i got here? I'm here to kick ass. I'm here to beat down everyone I need to in order to keeping climbing higher and higher. And I know Pride's won a lot of titles and Kordy's this vicious competitor and I know too that no one knows anything about Alice, but all of you know about me. You know what I can do when I get in that ring and you should know that I'm the one that's going to have their hand raised in victory.

The crowd cheers.

Mamba: It may get ugly tonight. It may get crazy but no matter what, I will be the one left standing. Whatever Jay Pride throws at me, I'm ready for it. If Kordy thinks she can try to take me out like she tried with Alice two weeks ago, I'm going to quickly sow her how that would be the worst decision of her life. And whatever Alice does, even if I don't know what that exactly with be, I'll have an answer for it. But I'll tell you this Janice, no one will have an answer for Queen Mamba tonight. You know why?

Mamba pauses.

Mamba: Actually, I'll let my fist and my feet answer that for you.

Mamba nods her head before she walks off to cheers. Janice looks on.

(We cut backstage where we see Jenni “Jinxy” Anderson and Julia Boleyn, aka: The Ginger Enigma in the Ginger Nation private dressing room. The door opens and in walks Allison Lorraine, better known as #GingerAllison.)

Jenni: You certainly confident.

Allison: And why shouldn’t I? We’re going to win tonight.

Jenni: We did keep those Controversy bitches out of our hair but we still have Travis Vessey and Christy Hightower to deal with. And they are former tag champs.

Allison: So?

Jenni: Soooooo…I’m not teaming with YOU tonight…

(Jenni motions to Ginger Enigma. Allison nods her head.)

Allison: Yes, I understand.

Jenni: So? What are we going to do about it?

Enigma: Something wrong? Am I not good enough?

(Ginger Enigma looks genuinely sad. Allison saunters over and pats her on the head.)

Allison: Absolutely not. Jenni here is just sooooooooo excited about our match against Vessey and Hightower, so much so that she wants to get in on the action but she’s not scheduled to compete.

Enigma: Really?

Allison: Really. And I got just the solution to our problems.

(She shoots a look at Jenni.)

Allison: All of our problems.

==== COMMERCIAL BREAK ====

GCW DISCOUNT MERCHANDISE (80% OFF)

- "Best of The British Bombshell" DVD
- Alexander Midas "Golden Standard" T-Shirt
- SWC 52 ounce soda pitcher
- Marie Jones #GingerNation Mug
- Camelot Framed Picture

=======================

GCW Television Championship: Adrian Waters © vs. JaMarcus Avery

[The opening match of this Shotgun special was unsurprisingly a fast paced, back and forth affair between JaMarcus, who was willing and determined to do anything to get the title back, and Adrian who was trying to silence his critics. JaMarcus was level headed at the start, and thus, Adrian wasn’t able to get to him in the early going, resulting in JaMarcus being in control in the early going of things, outpowering his smaller opponent. Adrian did everything he could to fend off the attack, but to no avail. JaMarcus was on a bit of a suplex parade, culminating with a Northern Lights Suplex resulting in a two count. JaMarcus tried to keep up the momentum, but Adrian outpaced him and he would take control with more of a speed/technical combination attack. After a few submissions wore down JaMarcus, Adrian managed to bring him down with a headlock takeover, before locking in a sleeper hold. JaMarcus was about to escape it, but Adrian wisely drive him into the mat and made a cover, but JaMarcus kicked out.

The TV Champion was in control in the middle stages of the match. That is, until a missile dropkick went awry after JaMarcus got out of the way. JaMarcus would dominate the next few minutes after that as Adrian had no answer to anything the challenger was throwing at him. This eventually brought Clarissa Vega down to ringside, arm obviously still in a sling. JaMarcus brought down Adrian with a powerslam. He measured Adrian as he got up, but Clarissa used her arm that wasn’t injured to grab his leg for a few seconds, creating a brief distraction for Adrian to recover and eventually take control again. This would be a pattern for the next few minutes, as Adrian was in control in spurts. Every time JaMarcus would get any sort of momentum, Clarissa provided some form of distraction to get Adrian back in the swing of things. This would finally end when Geneva Ball came down the ramp to confront Clarissa. Clarissa tried to protect herself as Geneva got closer, before she backed herself into the barricade. Geneva sat on the steel steps and kept a close eye on her, keeping her at bay for the rest of the match.

Back in the ring, Adrian was not pleased with this. A moment of distraction for him turned into JaMarcus turned him around and brought him down with an Exploder suplex. The fans were exploding with cheers as JaMarcus finally got some sustained momentum, and it got to the point where he was dominating the champion, beating him around the ring, corner to corner. Adrian would throw in a couple of eye rakes to stymie his momentum, but any attempts to follow up were countered into suplexes and powerslams for two counts. JaMarcus would whip Adrian into the corner and then nailed him with a big splash! JaMarcus grabbed him, going for the belly to belly overhead suplex and he connected with the move. However, Adrian landed on his feet, right behind him, unknown to the challenger. JaMarcus turned around right into a running elbow from Adrian. Adrian went to the second rope and went for the Smart Elbow, but JaMarcus moved out of the way. JaMarcus then got Adrian up, and set him up for a powerbomb. However, before he could connect with the move, Adrian suddenly tripped him up, forcing him to land on his back. Adrian would then bridge himself into a pin out of nowhere and the referee made the three count to the shock and the anger of the crowd!]

WINNER and STILL GCW Television Champion: Adrian Waters

[Adrian wasted no time celebrating his successful title defense and Geneva couldn’t quite believe it on the outside. Clarissa got herself back in the ring to celebrate with her client as the referee handed Adrian the championship. JaMarcus sat down, in disbelief, realizing that Adrian just outsmarted him at the most opportune time. Adrian and Clarissa then left the ring and went up the ramp together, the announcers talking about how JaMarcus was on his way to victory, before Adrian used his ‘pure genius’ to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Adrian taunted JaMarcus, who was still stunned in surprise, by pointing toward his own head, bragging about his intelligence as he and Clarissa backpedaled through the curtain.]

Three familiar figures are backstage in the interview area. The intrepid Janice King of course, and...

Janice: Please welcome, ladies and gentlemen, Jay Pride and Laurel Anne Hardy!

The former, in his ring gear, nods a silent greeting. The latter - glittery pipe resting over her shoulder and rhinestone makeup down one side of her face - winks knowingly.

Janice: Jay, over the course of the last two shows you beat both Slade Merriman and Drake Hemmingway, after weeks of them getting involved in your matches. That must have felt good.

Jay nods.

Jay: Certainly is. It's aye nice tae be able to draw a line under all that nonsense. I can focus on looking forward again, rather'n to the sides... or behind me.

And he glances back to Laurel momentarily; she fires a quick salute.

Janice: What about Malcolm Cross? He got involved in your matches too, and you made it clear that you didn't appreciate that either, even when he had the same target as you.

There's a small chuckle, though not a particularly mirthful one.

Jay: Listen, if Mal's done interfering in my business now, then that's enough for me. I'll admit, with Drake an' Slade behind me, I'm ready to draw the line here as I said; Mal Cross is a man you don't want as your enemy. There's no such thing as a small feud with him, and even if you win, you don't get out of it unscathed. But, y'know, we'll see what the future holds. Anybody, and I mean anybody, keeps themselves involved in my business moving forward then I ain't gonna have it.

Janice: On the subject of people getting involved in matches, Laurel, I'd like to ask you this: since you've been watching Jay's back, do you foresee any of the people you've thwarted taking it up with you personally?

Laurel grins that sick-edged, predatory grin we've seen so many times.

Laurel: Oooh, you know, I kinda hope so? I came back here to fight, after all, an' that open challenge I laid out earlier this year still stands. But I gotta say this. Anyone wants me, challenge me to a match the right way, the grown-up way. I ain't hard to find. Sneak attacks an' that kinda bollocks on the other hand, they're just gonna get you on that ol' ignore list. Sorry to anyone who's disappointed by that notion but it's the only way some people learn. Wrestlers are like dogs, y'know. Trainin' 'em out of bad behaviour takes simple commands an' the occasional smack on the nose.

Janice: And does this extend to your brother, Livewire's Matty Graves...?

Laurel: Nah, listen, I love Matty as much as anyone in the world but if he feels like he has to go an' call out Rex Sanders or BROOKFORD to get his name out there? I'm gonna let him. Maybe it'll be up to me to pick up the pieces an' end a fucker for him some day in the middle future, but right now, I'm gonna let him do what he wants to do.

Janice: And what about his assertion that he is, quote, "working his way up to you"?

Laurel: Well, that's gonna be an interestin' day when it comes. An' what I said still stands - he wants that match, he can challenge me the proper way: to my face, with honour, or he ain't gonna get it.

Janice: An interesting day for sure. So Jay, I guess the question finally is: what's next?

Jay: Keep on moving forward. Keep on winning. Get my name back into the title conversation. And no' stand fer anybody poking their noses intae our matches.

Laurel: Too many people round GCW think they're above consequences. But nobody is above gettin' their arse handed to 'em by yours truly. As we ain't the only ones lookin' out for the good guys - look at Jazmyn, look at Cor-

...she catches herself...

Laurel: Sorry, Archangel. Old habits, ya know? Anyway, the point is, people who think other people only exist to be taken advantage better remember that they only exist to be practice for The Final Boss to keep her skills sharp. Which for the slow ones among you - shoutout, Adrian! - is me.

Jay: Now if you'll excuse us...

He nods a warm but curt goodbye to Janice and takes his leave, Laurel following after him after clapping Janice on the shoulder and winking, leaving the interviewer with nothing left but to wrap up.

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, Jay Pride and Laurel Anne Hardy.

(Tiffany Manning is backstage in her office. Her office door opens and Allison Lorraine, aka: #GingerAllison, enters the room.)

Allison: Good evening, Mademoiselle Manning. I must say the composure you are maintaining during such stressful that you are going through with that Harker girl is truly something to admire.

(Lorraine takes a seat.)

Allison: #GingerNation will gladly follow after your example and we only hope the rest of Shotgun will follow suit.

Manning: All I want is one thing from Isabella. One thing! I am done apologizing. I guarantee she is losing the title tonight.

Allison: As she should. I mean, you have done so much for her and what did she do? Threw it in your face. You have NOTHING to apologize for, Mademoiselle. You have been a good, fair, upstanding leader and you tried to be her friend.

(Lorraine shakes her head.)

Allison: It’s a shame that she would treat you like that.

Manning: Good thing I have GingerNation to represent what a fine upstanding tag team should be. The nerve of Hannah Myers to accuse me of protecting you. I should feel sorry for Hannah getting put in the hospital. I’m not. The Myers family believes they can disrespect people without consequence. There are consequences. She can be replaced.

(Lorraine grins.)

Allison: But the #GingerNation cannot be replaced, we are innovators in the field of tag team wrestling, and if you’ll lend your wonderful ear for just a moment, I have a brilliant idea that is quite innovative and will make the Shotgun tag team division the envy of pro-wrestling!

Manning: I’m listening.

Allison: You have allowed Jenni, Enigma, and myself to utilize the “freebird rule” where any two of us can defend the tag titles on any given night. But that takes away from the potential drama, suspense, and even surprise that could go along with it. But what if the three of us could switch out in the middle of the match?

(Lorraine shrugs.)

Allison: Who knows? The fans sure wouldn’t know! They wouldn’t know which of their beloved ginger stars they would get at any given moment! Now how is that for an idea?

(Tiffany grins.)

Manning: Works for me. Plus, there is an added benefit. All three of you would be legal. I have enough people complaining about GingerNation using the numbers to your advantage. That’s why I made your match against The Sisterhood a handicap match. Everyone was legal. No complaints. So allowing you to switch in the middle of a match ensures there is no complaints. No illegal interference. No problems. And... the FreeBird rule is legal in wrestling. We’ve covered all bases.

Allison: That is why I love you, Ms. Manning. You make such brilliantly bold decisions. I have no doubts that you will continue to make brilliantly bold decisions, and me and the #GingerNation will continue to be the yummiest and greatest tag team in professional wrestling, making the Shotgun Brand...and you as a result...a ton of money.

Manning: Thank you for your support and for contributing to Shotguns high ratings.

(Allison and Tiffany shake hands as the scene fades to black.)

[Camera start to roll. Janice King is walking down a hallway on the basement floor of the arena with a microphone in her hands. She's looking around as if she's in pursuit of something.]

Janice: Janice King here and we're currently looking for the wrestler known as Alice. She was due for an interview, however, we've been told that she would like to meet up somewhere private.

[Janice continues to walk until the camera does reveal the wrestler known as Alice, sitting on a crate with her head downward and with her hair blocking her face.]

Janice: Alice?

[On cue, her manager Megan Pierce walks into view, sporting a blue blazer with a blue top and black skirt underneath. She flashes a warm smile to Janice and the camera.]

Megan: Oh hey! What's up...yeah shouldn't say things I know I'm going to sound awkward saying them ha."

Janice: Megan Pierce! What's all this about? You know, meeting down here?

[Megan retains her smile.]

Megan: Honestly, I'm not sure either. But Alice feels comfortable down here so I want to honor that.

Janice; Real quick, I suppose I can ask about you for a moment. Now for those that don't know, at one point Megan, you were a Jack of all Trades Assistant for PWX fame wrestler Troy Stone. Tell us what's the difference been between doing that and now managing Alice here?

Megan: "Oh gosh uh...I mean, honestly the difference is that I'm more hands on. With Troy, I had a voice, but mainly he handled everything. I learned a lot from hi,. Just the way his mind works when it comes to wrestling was amazing and now with Alice here, I'm trying to take that and use it for good. Plus, Alice here is a joy to be with. I know that probably sounds weird since, you know, no one really knows much about her, but just seeing the way she attacks things and having an understanding of her background and how hard she fought at World Hazard just to win this GCW contract, she's a fighter. She's a badass and I'm happy to share these moments with her.

Crowd cheers a bit.

Janice: Well, Alice tonight is in a fatal four way with Queen Mamba, Jay Pride and the woman she upseted two weeks ago Kordy Price. Kordy attacked Alice from behind after their match. Has Alice been rattled by that? Tell me what's her mindset going into today?

{Megan now sports a serious expression.]

Megan: Well yeah, it did mess her up a bit. I don't think Alice expected that from her. In normal circumstances, you wouldn't have to worry about someone jumping you after you beat them because they're a sore loser, but that's wrestling. We know all about Kordy, her past association with Red Rayne in SCW, her days in the Harem in IWC. She's dangerous and can snap at any moment, but all of her career, she's proven one thing Janice.

Megan pauses.

Megan: She's a follower. She doesn't lead. And that's why she's been constantly bouncing around place after place. She's looking for something. And now here, she wants to intimidate people. She wants to hurt people. That's what she cares about. Not about becoming the best but putting people on the shelf. Well Kordy, I've seen people like you all my life. Alice has dealt with people like you all her life. Michelle Obama said it best, when they go low, we go high. But Janice this is wrestling and it doesn't really work that way. Because, for Alice, when they go low, we hit them back.

The crowd cheers.

Megan: Now we're not going to go as low as Kordy does. We don't have to in order to prove our point. And so this fatal four way is an exciting possiblity to make a name for yourself. Jay Pride is such a great wrestler. He's one of the best on the roster. And Queen Mamba has taken this company by storm. She's been in the ring with some of the toughest and has held her own. But there's a reason wy Alice won that World hazard tournament and won this contract. It's because she's a fighter and because she has something worth fighting for. Like Mamba, who fights for her sister, Alice fights for her sister, who still has an eye out on me if you saw World Hazard haha. She fights for her father. She fights to create a better life than what her past was. She has goals, she has reasons for wrestling and for me, I can't help but to get behind that because I too have something I;m fighting for. I;m fighting for her. I want to do whatever I can to make sure she accomplishes what she's going after. And so tonight, golden opportunity for her and I feel confident that she will walk out the winner. And Kordy, don't think what you did while stop her. She's coming right after you and Pride and Mamba.

Megan pauses and nods her head. All of a sudden, Alice stands up and gives the camera a rather haunting expression. She glares at the camera for a few moments before she suddenly walks away.

Megan: Welp, I guess she's ready to go. Hey Alice! Wait up!

[Megan is then seen running after Alice as Janice looks on, a bit confused, as the scene fades.]

- Survival of the Fittest. Tickets on sale NOW!

=====================

Jay Pride vs Queen Mamba vs Alice(?) vs Kordy Price

[This four way started off in explosive fashion as Alice and Kordy obviously exchanged blows as there was still tension that was still blowing over from last Shotgun. Both of them would fight until they spilled out of the ring, leading Pride and Mamba to do battle with each other at the beginning stages of the match. It was a classic technical battle between the two with neither one giving an inch, but it would be the veteran Jay Pride that would take control eventually as his experience would win out. Pride would beat Mamba back into the corner and eventually bring her down with a Russian legsweep. Pride would make the cover on Mamba before Alice slid into the ring to break up the pinfall. Pride and Alice would do battle for a bit. However, when Pride went for a powerbomb on Alice, Alice countered it into a Tornado DDT. Alice would go for the pin, before Kordy went in to break it up. Kordy would viciously assault Alice for a bit. Kordy was in full, dominant and dangerous control for a bit before Kordy brought down Alice with a pretty vicious brainbuster. Kordy went for the cover, but it would be Queen Mamba breaking up the fall. Mamba and Kordy would do battle next. Mamba showed no fear of Kordy and Kordy had some issues dealing with her. A Northern Lights suplex by Mamba is where Mamba’s tactical breakdown of Kordy would culminate and she would get a pinfall, but Pride would break it up.

In the middle stages of the match, Pride and Mamba decided to team up against Kordy and that’s what they did. Eventually, Alice joined in on the beating, and the three of them would do the best they could to wear down who they considered to be the most dangerous wrestler in the match. This three on one assault would end when Alice whipped Mamba toward a corner that Kordy was lying on, only for Kordy to move out of the way and for Mamba to crash hard into the corner. Kordy ducked underneath a Pride clothesline and took down Alice with an enziguri before focusing on Pride. Pride was in control at first, but Kordy’s unorthodox style would eventually catch Pride off guard and Kordy would wear down pride with various submissions. Kordy had things in hand with the triangle choke, but Pride was able to grab the rope for the escape. Alice got up and started fighting with Kordy again and the two continued to brawl. Pride and Mamba got up and looked at each other. They seemed like they were going to brawl with each other, before they decided to team up and take on Alice and Kordy, and that’s what would happen as the match went into the final stretch.

Alice was eventually dumped out of the ring. Mamba held up Kordy. Pride went for a running boot to the head, but Kordy escaped and Pride got Mamba in the head instead. Mamba went down and then Kordy nailed Pride in the back of the head with the First Blood. Kordy would then lock in the “Hello Kordy”, seemingly having the match in hand. Pride was struggling with the high angle arm bar as he was conflicted on whether or not to tap. However, just when it seemed like he was about to, Alice snuck back in the ring and broke it up. Pride rolled out of the ring to cover from the buzzsaw kick/high angle armbar combination he just dealt with. Alice and Kordy would brawl some more as Mamba started to stir. Alice seemed like she had things well in hand, but Kordy out of nowhere sprayed a red mist into the eyes of Alice, completely legal under four way rules! Alice was blinded as she fell to a knee. Kordy ran up and hit the First Blood to Alice. She was about to go for the cover, but Queen Mamba came in out of nowhere with a missile dropkick from behind. Kordy fell on her face, but she wouldn’t be down for long as Mamba got her up and brought her back down with a Tornado DDT to have Kordy in a seated position. Mamba then springboarded off the ropes and nailed Kordy with the Snake Charmer! The fans would explode with cheers as the referee counted three.]

WINNER: Queen Mamba

[The fans cheered quite loudly as Queen Mamba got up to have her hand raised in victory. The announcers praised Mamba for her impressive victory and began wondering whether or not TV Champion Adrian Waters should be worried about her while also putting over the performances of the other three competitors.]

Our scene rises up backstage, where Tiffany Manning is fuming as she marches through.

Tiffany: What the hell was that?

As she reaches her subject, Nate Lawson, she stops with her hands on her hips.

Tiffany: How DARE you? How DARE you go over to Livewire to compete in Any Given Night!? Do you know how much that embarrassed me?

Nate looks up, a smirk on his face.

Tiffany: I told you that you have to PROVE to me that you deserve a Championship match and here you walk over to the other show to try for one? What? Is my word not good enough for you?

Lawson shrugs.

Lawson: Have you given me reason to trust your word?

Tiffany: Have I…!?

Tiffany pauses, clearly getting herself too worked up.

Tiffany: You went to Livewire and fought for…

Lawson: …won…

Tiffany: …a title shot. That makes ME look bad!

Lawson: Well, you could remedy that at any time.

Tiffany: No! I shouldn’t have to remedy a damn thing! I told you the score, and you went behind my back because you’re SELFISH!

Lawson: Okay…

Tiffany: You want things to be handed to you on a silver platter and, when I make you try to earn them, you’re unsatisfied with that!

Lawson stands up, facing Tiffany directly.

Lawson: Look…

He puts his hand on her shoulder. Tiffany pulls back.

Lawson: You’re overreacting.

Tiffany: Don’t tell me I’m overreacting! If anything, I’m underreacting!

Lawson: Do you know what I did at Livewire? I mean… besides win the match against some of the top talent on the show?

Tiffany: You made it about yourself!

Lawson: In a sense… and if people saw Any Given Night, they want to see me compete again. And again. And again. I didn’t only raise my own profile, Tiff… I raised the profile of this show, because now I’m another person on THIS roster that has the proven ability to deliver when the stakes are high. That does nothing EXCEPT help you! And I don’t need your BLESSING or ENDORSEMENT to take advantage of an opportunity that’s presented itself. I’m ready to take that next step in my career, and either you’re going to support that, or I’m going to keep looking for those opportunities where I can find them.

Tiffany steps closer.

Tiffany: Are you threatening me?

Lawson: If THAT is something you consider “threatening”, then you need to reassess your entire approach with me, because I don’t tap out… not in an octagon, not in the ring, and especially not in the board room – or whatever this is. Now… good luck tonight.

He smirks, patting Tiffany on the shoulder as he walks out of the scene… Tiffany seethes, turning to yell out behind him.

Tiffany: I hope Angelica cripples you!

The scene shifts…

(And we cut back once more to the private Ginger Nation dressing room. Jenni and Ginger Enigma are there. Conspicuous by her absence is #GingerAllison.)

Jenni: I hope she gets back here soon.

Enigma: What’s she up to?

(Jenni shrugs.)

Jenni: No clue.

(The door opens. Allison Lorraine walks in with a wide confident grin on her face.)

Enigma: ALI!

Jenni: So? What did you do?

Allison: I spoke with Tiffany Manning.

Enigma: GO TIFF GO!

(Allison chuckles lightly as she pats Enigma on her head.)

Allison: Yes, Go Tiff Go, indeed.

Jenni: And….?

Allison: And I spoke to her about a variation of the freebird rule. She will allow us to switch out at will in the middle of the match. Only two of us can be on the apron at any given moment but those two people can be changed out in the middle of the match.

Jenni: In other words, all of our matches are basically handicap now?

(#GingerAllison smirks knowingly.)

Allison: Bingo.

Enigma: GO TIFF GO!

(We cut backstage to the dressing room of the tag team known as The Sisterhood, composed of Angelica and Kayla Jones, the two matriarchs of the Jones wrestling family. Angelica Jones and Kayla each have their own individual matches tonight, and Kayla, whose match is later in the evening that her sister’s, is sitting on a bench. The younger Jones sibling is seemingly deep in thought while Angelica is stretching for her match. Angelica stands up and turns to face Kayla, noticing her silence.)

Angel: Penny for your thoughts?

(Kayla looks up at her sister.)

Kayla: Huh?

Angel: What’s up?

(Kayla sighs as she stands up. She shrugs her shoulders.)

Kayla: Oh I don’t know, I just feel guilty.

Angel: Why is that?

Kayla: Tonight could go so very well…

(She motions to herself and Angelica.)

Kayla: …for you and I. You could defeat Nate Lawson and I could earn another shot at the world championship by defeating Vicky. And I know we can win both matches. We are natural born winners.

(The elder Jones snickers.)

Angel: Natural born winners? That sounds like a cheesy catch phrase, Kay.

Kayla: You get what I mean.

Angel: I do, so what’s the problem?

Kayla: The problem is that while we could advance our careers, the careers of my own clients aren’t exactly doing so great.

(Angelica nods her head as she realizes that Kayla Jones is not just a wrestler but also a manager and it is her managerial career that is bothering her right now.)

Angel: Ok, but I still don’t see why you’re upset. Julia Braddock is your client, correct? You’ve managed her to a world championship match tonight. In UWA you managed her to a pay per view world championship match. And granted she lost in UWA and could lose tonight, the fact that you helped take her there speaks volumes of what you’ve done for her.

Kayla: First of all, I do not like to take credit for anything my clients have done. Their hard work and dedication put them into that position. I was just there to make sure there was no backstage funny business. And yes, Julia is doing fine and could very well become world champion tonight, which would be great for her, but I’m not worried about her.

(Her sister arches a brow.)

Angel: Oh? Who do you mean then?

Kayla: Gabby and Hayley.

(Once again Angelica nods her head in realization.)

Angel: Oh, yeah, I see…

Kayla: Tiffany isn’t letting them compete because they stood on principle against what she was doing as General Manager. That’s not fair, Angel. They deserve a fair chance to compete.

Angel: What have you done about it as their agent?

Kayla: I have personally looked into it and I’ve even put my “brother” Oliver in charge of a legal team to see if they can force Tiffany to book them again. All of my actions have proven fruitless and Oliver has thus far found no legal means of forcing her hand, either. Tiffany’s power seems iron clad.

(Angelica places a hand on her younger sister’s shoulder.)

Angel: You’ve done everything you could for them, sis. You have fought like hell for them. There is nothing else you can do.

(Kayla sighs and shakes her head.)

Kayla: I don’t know, maybe, but I’m just worried they’ll do something drastic if I can’t get the job done.

Angel: Gabby and Hayley are big girls. I think they’re smart enough to know what they’re doing.

(She pokes Kayla in the chest.)

Angel: You should just focus on tonight. Focus on becoming number one contender. I’ll focus on beating Nate. Ok?

Kayla: And what about The Sisterhood? We were supposed to be a tag team?

Angel: And who says we can’t still do that? Look, if we lose, then we lose and we continue to go after those tag titles. If we win, well, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. But first and foremost, let’s focus on tonight.

Angelica Jones vs. Nate Lawson

[This match was essentially as catch-as-catch-can as you can get between two fine technical wrestling competitors. In the beginning of the match, there was no distinct advantage. It was very even as both wrestlers struggled to get an advantage over each other. Angelica would be the first to get a pinfall attempt by way of an unexpected inside cradle, but Nate would kick out of it. However, this would be inside cradle vs. inside cradle for about a minute as they would both counter pinfalls with pinfalls of their own, each of them getting a two count each time. After Nate pinned Angelica for a two count, Angelica kicked out and they both stood to meet each other in the eye to the approval of the crowd. They would lock up again, but Angelica would finally put her experience to good use and gain control of the match when she brought down Nate with a forward Russian legsweep. Angelica would apply a Boston Crab to Nate in the center of the ring. Nate would struggle with the hold before he went to the bottom rope and pulled through to grab it. Angelica broke the hold, but pulled Nate back to the center of the ring and locked in a camel clutch.

Nate was stuck for a bit before he was able to get himself to a vertical base and slam Angelica spine first into the mat. Nate would then take control. Nate’s offense would consist of a mat attack, keeping Angelica grounded with various leg locks. When Nate had Angelica on her feet, he would be relentless and strike Angelica into oblivion, drilling her in the face with constant punches and elbows before he backed her into the corner and kept punching her right in the face before the referee would step in to break things up. Nate would still be relentless, flooring Angelica with a German suplex right into a cover that Angelica would find a way to kick out of. Another German suplex attempt didn’t work out though, as Angelica landed on her feet right behind him. Angelica got him from behind with a backstabber and took control again, getting a pinfall, but only managing a two count. Angelica would go to the top rope and attempt a moonsault, but Nate would block it and counter it with a quick inside cradle, but also for a two count.

The late stages of the match had the two of them down for the count as neither was responsive. They would both be up at 8 on the referee’s 10 count before they started to trade punches with each other. Nate would be the one taking control working on the right arm of Angelica Jones for a bit, culminating with a pretty sick armbreaker in the middle of the ring. Nate would try to apply the Elite gogoplata, but Angelica would counter out of it before he could trap her in it. Nate would go for a clothesline, but Angelica would counter with a kick to the gut. Angelica hooked the arms and wanted to go for the hot-shot, but Nate countered with a modified cradle suplex. Nate would then get Angelica up and go for a hip toss, holding onto Angelica’s arm. Nate again tried going for the Elite Gogoplata, but Angelica would counter with an elbow to the head with her other arm, followed by a schoolboy pin. Angelica got the two count, but Nate countered with with a schoolboy pin of his own, surprising Angelica with a sudden three count as the fans exploded with cheers!]

WINNER: Nate Lawson

[Nate got up to celebrate almost instantly while Angelica was on her knees, surprised by what just happened. After the referee raised Nate’s arm, Nate extended his hand to Angelica. Angelica would grab it and Nate would help her up, the two shaking hands after that. The announcers would praise both wrestlers for an entertaining and competitive match up.

(We cut backstage where we spot #GingerAllison. To Allison’s right is Jenni Jinxy Anderson and to Allison’s left is Ginger Enigma.)

Allison: Greetings troglodytes! My name is Allison Lorraine, but you can call me #GingerAllison, the most intelligent, most athletic, and damn sure the yummiest wrestler on the Shotgun Brand.

(She chuckles as she looks to her left and then to her right at her Ginger Nation comrades.)

Allison: Well…one of the yummiest. What you have here is the single greatest unit in the history of Global Championship Wrestling. Our record speaks for itself. Tell them, Jenni.

Enigma: YEAH! TELL ‘EM!

Jenni: 2016 Tag Team of the Year. First tag team to win both the GCW World and GCW Global Tag Team Championships.

Enigma: YEAH!

(Jenni pats Enigma on the head.)

Allison: Travis Vessey and Christy Hightower accurately pointed out to the world and to Destiny Skye and Hannah Myers of Controversy, that they had the experience. And they were right. And they proved once more that experience is king.

Jenni: Or Queen in our case!

Allison: That’s right, because while Vessey and Hightower are indeed former Global Tag Team Champions, and that is to be commended, the fact is that their record is NOTHING compared to ours!

Enigma: NOTHING! ZIP! ZERO! NADA! Did I say ZIP? ZIP! ZIPPY!

(Jenni pats Enigma on the head.)

Allison: We look forward to a great match with the only tag team on this Shotgun roster that comes close to matching our level greatness, but as Vessey and Hightower will learn tonight, when you are dealing with the #GingerNation, always expect the unexpected!

Enigma: UNEXPECTED! GO TIFF GO! MERDE! ZIPPY!

(Jenni pats Enigma on the head and then the trio walks off.)

(The scene opens up in Tiffany Manning’s office. She is sitting on her desk wearing black sweatpants, a black wifebeater t-shirt and black gauntlet gloves. The expression on her face is one of a woman who doesn’t want to step in the ring which would make sense because she’s not a trained competitor. Off camera we hear the door to her office open, coming into the scene is her brother, Pierce Manning. She looks relieved to see him.)

Tiffany: Thank goodness you’re here. I was concerned you weren’t going to show.

Pierce: Where else would I be, sis?

Tiffany: I don’t know, harassing an intern maybe?

(Tiffany smirks. Pierce smiles.)

Pierce: I have avoided a sexual harassment suit before. Give me credit for that.

Tiffany: Thanks for that. I don’t need another reason for the lynch mob to come after me, look. I read what you said on Twitter. I am so so sorry for making you feel that you’re an embarrassment to the family. Dad can be a hardass sometimes. And I can take my teasing of you way too far. I hope you know in your heart I love the heck out of you, Pierce. And that I know behind the sexist over the top attitude you are the man...

Pierce: Ahem. THE MAN.

(Tiffany rolls her eyes.)

Tiffany: Whatever...

(Tiffany chuckles.)

Tiffany: The man me and dad always believed you can be. By the way, I hope you and Chantelle Chambers are done. I can’t stand her, Pierce. But I don’t regret the decision I made at Deadly Dreams. All Isabella had to do was play ball. Be my girl. Instead she wants to bite the hand that feeds her. I don’t want to fight her. I love her. She left me no choice. I have to take back what belongs to me.

Pierce: I believe in you.

(Tiffany raises her eyebrow)

Tiffany: You do?

(Pierce nods.)

Pierce: Of course. We’re Manning’s sis. Knowing you, you have a plan. Isabella won’t leave tonight with the championship. Go get’er.

Tiffany: I’d prefer she left the arena with me so I can show her how I really feel but...

(Tiffany sighs)

Tiffany: I am going to do what is best for Shotgun. I become the X-Division Champion. That’s what needs to happen.

Pierce: I agree. I’ll leave you to it. I have a girl to “harass.”

Tiffany: Too much information.

Pierce: Ha. Your crush on Isabella is more about you then I wanted to know.

Tiffany: Fair point. Take care.

Pierce: Don’t get killed.

Tiffany: I’ll try my best.

(The Manning siblings hug. Pierce then leaves Tiffany in her office to contemplate her fate.)

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 78% of GCW fans believe that Tiffany Manning's obsession with Isabella Harker is 'psychologically unhealthy'. Do you agree with this assessment? Vote now on GCW.com/fansurveys

======================

GCW Global Tag Team Championships: #GingerNation (GingerAllison and Jenni Anderson) vs. Christy Hightower and Travis Vessey

[Allison and Jenni were on the apron to start the match against Hightower and Vessey. Once the bell rang, all bets were off as Vessey and Jenni were the two that started the match. This would be the start of what was a clean and honest tag team match at the start between two teams that the fans didn’t particularly like considering neither team gave a damn about them. In fact, it seemed like the two teams even had some respect for each other as none of the four people in the ring would do anything to cheat the other. This would make for quite an entertaining match, especially when some of the high spots started to happen as the match went along. Allison would be the first to get one of those spots as she dropped Christy to the mat with a corkscrew senton that could have won it had Travis not broken up the three count at the last second. Christy would have her moment next, hitting a reverse powerbomb from the top rope into a pin on Jenni, but Allison dove in to break the count. Later on, Travis had Jenni hoisted on her shoulders, but in the end, Jenni spun Travis around, sending him bouncing off the ropes. Jenni would hit a springboard backbreaker driving her knees into the spine, making the count, but Christy made the save this time. A little while later, Travis tossed Allison into Jenni, knocking her off the apron. Travis then delivered a sick running powerbomb to Allison and made the cover… but it would be JULIA that made the save…

...and that’s when the shenanigans began!

Julia stood on the apron, taking advantage of the new ‘Freebird’ rule. An eye rake by Allison enabled her to make the tag and Julia stormed into the match. Allison rolled out of the ring and laid on the floor as Jenni got back to the apron. Christy on the apron was far from amused about this as the constant rotation of each Ginger Nation member kept all three of them fresh and Travis completely gassed. A triple powerbomb eventually happened, but Christy was able to break things up at two. Allison would hold up Travis and Julia went for a springboard dropkick, but Travis broke free and Allison nailed Julia instead! Travis brought down Allison with an overhead belly to belly and he started crawling toward his corner at the same time Julia, the legal woman, was crawling toward Jenni who stood on the apron, yet again, taking advantage of the rule. Jenni and Christy were tagged in at the same time and Christy tore right through each Ginger Nation member being the fresh wrestler. By outsmarting them, Christy would take down Allison with a gutwrench suplex, Julia with a clothesline and Jenni with a tornado DDT! Christy tried focusing on Jenni, but Julia got up and went after Christy. Jenni and Julia would double team Christy until Travis got in there to even the odds. Travis would clothesline herself and Julia out of the ring. Allison would get back in there to double team Christy and the numbers game would be too much! A double facebuster followed by an Adora-bomb from Jenni spelled doom for the challengers. Jenni was about to go for the cover, but DESTINY SKYE came into the ring through the crowd and speared Jenni to the mat in plain sight of the referee! Obviously, this called for the referee to ring the bell.]

WINNERS (by DQ): Ginger Nation (still tag champions)

[The crowd exploded with cheers as Destiny went after Jenni, but Allison and Julia got mixed in as well for a 3 on 1 assault. However, Travis and Christy got back in there to even the odds! Just when it seemed like Ginger Nation was going to have it coming to them, they immediately split from the ring and backed up the ramp to a booing crowd. Once they cleared the curtains, Destiny had a lone staredown with Travis and Christy, who weren’t amused with her actions as they left the ring and backed up the ramp, looking at her all the way and indicating that this was far from over.]

[Shotgun fades into the locker room and the fans are cheering quite loudly as they see Victoria Salinas deep in thought about the ironman match that is coming up later tonight. For the last few months, Kayla Jones has been an obstacle in her path, which she has expressed to a degree in the past, but with this night being the night where things are finally settled, Victoria knows that more than any match she’s been in, in GCW, in 2016, this is the biggest match she’s had this year. Victoria begins to express her thoughts.]

Victoria: In the days leading up to tonight, one of the most common questions people have asked me is “Vicky, what’s taken so long?” Of course, some of that is about why it’s taken this long for Kayla and I to have this match, but much of the chatter is why it’s taken me this long to even come THIS close to being in the world title picture again. I never really knew how to answer that question but then I realized that some of it is honestly due to the fact that for so long, I’ve been sidetracked. Travis Vessey wanted to break me and make an impact at my expense. I put him down a year ago. Tina Valentine screwed me out of my last World title shot nearly a year ago, she wanted to destroy me, but to close out 2015, I beat her when it mattered most. Going into this year, I was ready to get back on the horse… and then in my first match in 2016, I couldn’t even beat Cassidy Carter. I didn’t lose to her, but that’s a match I SHOULD have won and I didn’t. I had no idea that would be a bad omen for how this year would go for me. Next came Alexander Midas and Executive Order. Resurrection came. I led a contingent to victory over Midas and his goons and he hasn’t been seen since. That was when I thought that things were going to be smooth sailing. Turns out, the worst of the storm I’ve had to deal with for the last year hadn’t even arrived yet, but right after Resurrection, it did. With the world title controversy happening, I had my chance to make a statement, that I was ready to get back in the world title picture. All I had to do was beat Kayla Jones, statement made, and perhaps I’d be in the mix coming out of the controversy at Resurrection with Amelia and Chantelle.

And I failed… Then Chantelle goes “Option C” and Cailey Carter cashes in her Any Given Night contract. Heart wrenching! “Sidetracked” gave way to “snakebit”. Some of why it’s taken so long is bad break after bad break coming my way. I had another chance to beat Kayla. Figured if I could beat her, I’d possibly get the Amelia-Chantelle-Cailey winner after For Glory and Gold… and I failed again. Next thing I know, I’m shoehorned into a tag title shot and a team with Kayla. I never understood that decision by Tiffany Manning and maybe it’s for the best that I don’t question it. Not like I can anyway, we won the tag titles at For Glory and Gold and then my bad luck continues when the Deadly Dreams lottery happens and I don’t even get drawn into the tournament and then Deadly Dreams was rock bottom when we lost the titles and I suffered the most humiliating night of my career at the hands of Ginger Nation. So to those that have asked me why it’s taken THIS long for me to even be anywhere close to the world title picture again, I guess you have your answer. But in the last 12 months, longer than that, I’ve had to deal with every twist and turn that would get in my way. I’ve had to deal with the agony of watching the entire locker room celebrate with Michael McKay after I lost the triple threat ironman match. Me being “vainglorious” at the time, I took that personal...as if they were celebrating MY failure and that the conquering hero had finally slayed Shotgun Public Enemy #1. Remember when half the Shotgun locker room was crowing about Amelia Robson after she won the world title and calling her “the best thing for Shotgun”? No disrespect toward Amelia, a heck of a competitor and a strong champion, but I remember thinking to myself “why not me?” I felt slighted. I was hurt, I can’t lie about that.

I’ve bled GCW for so long now, almost two years. And for over a year, since that haunting ironman match with McKay and Midas, that’s what I have done for SO long, WAITING for my opportunity, HOPING that it would only be a matter of time and just when I feel like I’m on the cusp of getting back in the picture, it seemed like it all went up in smoke. I’ve had to sit by and watch other wrestlers with HALF the passion that I do for this company, not mentioning names, fight for the world title, while I’m on the outside looking in. You think it doesn’t sting seeing a wrestler you KNOW deep down you’re better than having an opportunity that you’ve been starving to have for ages? Kayla Jones… through all of this we did become good friends, ironically. But I can’t shake the feeling that for MONTHS she’s been in my way. I meant what I said when I said that I don’t deserve a world title shot unless I beat her. You want to know another question I’ve gotten often? “What if you lose to Kayla tonight?” My response? I can’t lose. I WON’T lose. Whether it’s distractions like Executive Order or sheer dumb luck like not being drawn into Lethal Lottery, I’ve been denied what I’ve hungered for, for SO LONG and I am DONE being denied! Tonight, I take this opportunity, an opportunity that I admit may be my last chance for the foreseeable future if Kayla beats me tonight, and I take advantage of it to the best of my ability! Kayla, with all due respect, you are NOT going to deny me AGAIN! The last two times we faced off, that’s exactly what you did but tonight? Not this time! This time, I beat you and you want to know why? It’s because of ONE difference Kayla, one HUGE difference! Funny how things come around full circle because that one difference is why I won’t be denied. This one difference is the same one I pointed out before our first encounter back in April. That difference?

I want it more than YOU want it, Kayla! Period!

I’ve had to live this journey for over a year! I’ve had to deal with the heartbreak of this long, insufferable wait for over a year! I’M the one that challenged you, remember? Tiff threw the number one contender stipulation on top of this, but initially, she didn’t give you this opportunity because you were so focused on the tag titles with Angelica which hey, that’s great and all, but shouldn’t THAT say something? Who’s come out and talked about this match in recent weeks? I have and I haven’t kept quiet about it because that’s how much I WANT this! You’ve been a great friend, and you were a great co-tag team champion, but tonight, we finally settle this! No more distractions, no more BS, and HOPEFULLY no more draws! The Victoria you drew with twice before is a thing of the past. You’re not getting a gimmick, you’re not getting a mask, you’re not getting “vainglorious”, you’re getting the REAL me for the first time ever face to face and after tonight, the question won’t be “what took you so long?” the question will be “How much longer until you’re World Champion again?”

Best of luck to you tonight, I do mean that. I know you’ll bring it just like you always do, but on this night, the entire world is going to see not just how much I want this, but how quickly I’ve rebuilt myself ever since “vainglorious” was put to pasture! Kayla, tonight, you’re finally going to experience my pure, true blue BURNING DESIRE to be GCW World Champion again!

[With that, Victoria takes another deep breath after finalizing her thoughts. The crowd explodes with a strong cheer, appreciating the passion, hunger and fire that she just showed. Victoria stays in the locker room to continue reflecting as the scene fades.]

Backstage…

The sound of a woman’s chuckles can be heard in the darkness… as the voice begins to speak, it is immediately recognizable as that of Maria Prado.

Prado: Slade Merriman – you have been playing a fool’s hand for long enough.

A few lights illuminate the scene, where Malcolm Cross stands glaring into the camera.

Prado: You wish to be the decider of the end – to have say in how your interactions with Malcolm Cross come to climax. However, you are robbed of that right, just as you robbed Malcolm months ago. That is where this started – you decidedly and with ill-intent robbed this man of opportunity. In doing so, you made yourself a scapegoat. You made yourself a target. You sentenced yourself without trial, without judge, and without jury. You wear your guilt and tonight…

She looks back to Malcolm, a grin curling on her face.

Prado: You meet your execution.

The scene shifts…

I QUIT Match!
Slade Merriman vs. Malcolm Cross

[This would be, as expected, the most brutal match of the night although it didn’t start out that way as things actually started out a bit technical. That, however, wouldn’t last long as within the first three minutes of the match, the weapons started to come into play, starting with the basics as Slade took a chair and slammed it on the spine of Malcolm once the fight obviously spilled to the outside of the ring. Slade tossed Malcolm around the outside, driving him spine first into the steel steps. Slade would pull out a lead pipe and lock Malcolm in a camel clutch which caused Slade to demand the referee to ask Malcolm if he quit. He did so, but Malcolm said no. Malcolm would find enough strength to pick himself up and then drive Slade back first into the side of the ring. Malcolm would then toss Slade into the steel steps and staert having his own brand of fun as various weapons were pulled out from underneath the ring. One of those weapons happened to be a crowbar and Cross would mercilessly bash Slade in the head constantly. This would cause a couple of instances where Slade would be asked if he wanted to quit, but he said no each time. Malcolm looked to keep punishing Slade, but Slade countered with desperation when he picked up a can of mace and sprayed it in the eyes of Malcolm.

From there, this would essentially be a back and forth bloodbath as things continued to spill outside the ring. Cross had a figure four trapping Slade onto the ringpost, but Slade wouldn’t quit. On the flip side of things, at one point, Slade had handcuffed Cross to the ringpost and started to beat him all over his chest with a barbwire baseball bat, trying to get him to quit, but to no avail. Cross would eventually be uncuffed from the ringpost and things would return inside the ring for a brief time. The brawl raged inside the ring, with neither man giving an inch until they both clotheslined each other over and out of the ring. Of course, the brawl would spill through the crowd, up the stairs and straight to the balcony. Slade would be in control and a low blow with a set of brass knuckles caused Cross to teeter on the edge. Slade threatened to throw Cross off the stage unless he quit. Cross was asked, but again, he said no. As a result, Slade threw Cross off the balcony through FOUR tables! The crowd was STUNNED by what they just witnessed as Cross wasn’t moving. The referee went down there as quickly as he could to see if Cross was going to quit, but again, he was denied. Slade went for an elbow drop from the balcony, but Cross moved out of the way!

Both would recover, but Cross would be in control. The fight would spill through the hallway and eventually, into a boiler room. Cross asked Slade if he was going to quit. Slade said no and Cross smashed Slade’s face across an active boiler, subjecting his face to excessive heat and steam. He held Slade down in the boiler, hoping he’d quit, but that wouldn’t happen. The two men left the boiler room and beat the shit out of each other through the hallway again. The match then reached catering. Slade would powerbomb Cross through a table, causing his spine to go through tons of glass dishes and yet, Cross wouldn’t quit. A bizarre moment occurred when a random 400 pound woman walked by and Slade told her to stand over his face. Slade asked Cross if he was going to quit, under threat that he’d be a victim of a stinkface. Cross said no, and the 400 pound woman sat right on his face. Slade asked if he was going to quit again after the large woman stood up and left, but Cross said no. Desperate, Slade grabbed Cross and dragged him all the way down the hall, through the curtain, back down the ramp and back into the ring, however, Cross out of nowhere countered and brought down Slade with the FADE TO BLACK! And from that point on, Cross was done playing games. Once he recovered, he shifted to a second gear, brutalizing Slade until he busted him wide open with a light tube across the skull. He had five more waiting, and each time, he asked Slade if he would quit. Five “nos”, five more light tubes across the skull. Slade still wouldn’t quit. This enabled Maria Prado to come down the ramp with an empty casket as Cross had a sick smirk on his face. Cross dumped Slade in the casket and threatened to bury him alive in it if he didn’t quit.

Slade didn’t quit as he barely uttered “no” with his lights being dimmed from the light tubes. Maria then brought a box of live tarantulas while Cross kept beating down Slade in the casket with a tire iron. Slade STILL wouldn’t quit. Prado dumped the live tarantulas into the casket and Cross slammed it shut, as a form of cruel, psychological torture. Slade is heard screaming in pain from the spider bites he was getting, but he was also heard saying he wasn’t going to quit. Cross then pulled out lighter fluid from underneath the ring and poured it all over the casket, making it loud and clear that he was going to set the casket on fire! The crowd cheered with anticipation as Prado lit a torch and handed it to Cross. Cross threatened to light the casket on fire as Prado sat on it to prevent Slade’s escape. Slade tried desperately to escape as Cross started counting down from 10. Once Cross got to 2, Slade, obviously not wanting to be set on fire, screamed “I QUIT” three times and the referee called for the bell!]

WINNER: Malcolm Cross

[Cross smirked as he put out the torch. He and Prado went to the back, satisfied with the job well done as the referee opened the casket and pulled Slade out of it. The room is still electric, the fans still buzzing from the match they’ve just witnessed as a couple more officials jog down to ringside to help Slade Merriman to stand as he lands his feet firmly on the floor after climbing unsteadily from the casket. Cross’ music continues to play through the arena and the fans are still cheering despite him having made his exit and Slade clearly isn’t impressed as he shoves the officials away from him in disgust. Slade glares at the fans closest to him and yells something at them, further distracted than he was already thanks to his loss and he doesn’t see a figure hope the guard rail behind him holding… holding a SKATEBOARD in his hand. The hooded figure rushes Slade and swings the skateboard down right across Slade’s back, breaking the board in two. Slade staggers under the blow and crashes into the guard rail in front of him and the hooded figure goes right after him, pulling him away from the guard rail and whipping him into the steel steps. Slade crashes into the steps and they spin away from the ring post as Slade rolls to his hands and knees breathing hard. The figure, the hood still up, drags Slade to his feet and the worn out exhausted Merriman can’t even fight it as the figure throws a series of hard rights before suddenly hoisting Slade up onto his shoulders. After a moment, the fans baying for blood, the figure lifts Slade up and brings him right down face first onto his knee with a Go To Sleep and Slade lands hard on the matting around the ring, done. The figure, his face still shrouded in shadow, looks around before throwing back the hood on their jacket and the fans roar as Axl Austin looks around the whole room, a huge smirk on his face. After a moment, Axl walks around the ring and grabs a microphone from the timekeepers desk before sliding under the bottom rope and popping back up to his feet to address the fans, but his attention is actually on Slade at ringside, who’s rolled onto his back and is half looking at Axl.]

Axl: I’m baaaaaack…

[The fans roar again as Slade groans. The officials check on him, but his eyes are locked on Axl in the ring, who grins from ear to ear.]

Axl: Did you miss me, Slade? Did you miss me big guy, miss seeing my face around here, huh? Oh, I bet you did dude, I bet you just cried yourself to sleep every night that I was away from this company thanks to you and that asshole douchebag you call a tag partner, am I right Slade-y? HUH!?

[Slade, slowly getting to his feet with the help of the officials, glares at Axl, spitting a string of obscenities at him.]

Axl: Speaking of your tag partner dude, aren’t you wondering where he is right now? Aren’t you wondering why Drake hasn’t come running out here to help you do a number on me, just like you guys did to ME back in July? You remember that, right Slade? You remember what you and Drake did to me after the referee called off my match with Drake at that house show in North Carolina, don’t you? NINE WEEKS Slade… nine weeks I’ve been out because of you and that dickbag of a partner of yours, but I’m back bro and you just got a TASTE of what I’m capable of. Your partner, he got HIS taste earlier, while you were out here with Mal… guys?

[On cue, the guys in the production truck hit the right sequence of switches and the big screen lights up to show a room backstage, an empty room probably designed for storage… and store something it does, as sat right in the middle of the room, bound to his chair and gagged, is Drake Hemmingway. The chair rocks back and forth a little as Drake tries to free himself from his bonds, and he’s trying to shout too, but the gag in his mouth muffles the noise to incomprehension. Slade glares at the big screen, rage flittering across his face before the feed cuts again and he turns back to glare at Axl in the ring.]

Axl: Like that? I’m no Spielberg or Van Sant, but I know how to point a camera in the right direction and the guys in the production truck were SO appreciative when I turned up with a bunch of subs from Tango’s that they were only too happy to patch that feed into the show for me. Thanks guys, you did me a solid. Hope the subs were good!

[Axl smirks as he paces a little. Slade goes to motion towards the ring but the referee’s around him hold him back.]

Axl: No, guys, let him in if he wants to come in. You want some Slade, I’m MORE than happy to give you a little more of your own medicine! Come on bro, come see what happens when it’s one on one!

[Slade just continues to glare at Axl.]

Axl: See, I had my doctor’s review the other day… and you know what, Slade? I lied on twitter. I LIED bro, they didn’t revoke my clearance, that passed me with flying fucking colours and I just said they refused to clear me, because I wanted this to be a huge surprise for you, for Drake back there in his chair. Yeah, he’s watching this by the way, I have a nice monitor hooked up for him to watch everything, so he’ll know what you’re talking about when you tell him I drilled my knee RIGHT into your face! I wanted my return to be a nice surprise for BOTH of you… and now I’m back dude, you’d better expect me to come after you week after week until you get the message! Drake gave me a concussion, the two of you together could have ended my career in that attack after the ref threw my match out… but you didn’t. You didn’t end my career Slade, and what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! So consider that a warning bro… consider what I just did as a message… stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Or alternatively, just shove it up your ass for all I care… because no matter what you say, what you do or think… me? I’m going to make your life HELL from here on out and there isn’t a single fucking thing you can DO about it!”

[And with that, Axl lifts the microphone up before dramatically dropping it onto the canvas with a thud as “Turn Off The Radio” hits the speakers and Axl climbs the middle turnbuckle to a cheer from the fans before staring down at Slade, who continues to just glare at Axl as the scene fades out.]

NEW Merchandise On Sale

- Tiffany Manning "City Hall" Notepad
- Adrian Waters "Pure Genius" Memoir
- Nate Lawson "Tap Out or Pass Out" T-Shirt
- Christy Hightower "Born Winner" Hoodie
- Hannah Myers 2017 Calendar
=======================

(We cut backstage to the parking lot area. We see the familiar face of Mike Michaels, manager of The Knights of Chaos, Alan Shields and Jack Lazarus. Alan Shields will be a participant in the GoTiffGo Gauntlet tonight and Mike realizes that his team, a team that has been going down the tubes lately, could use a big boost and winning the X Division Championship would be just that boost. But why is he here in the parking lot area instead of with his client?)

Mike: Alan? Yo, Alan? Where the hell are ya?

(Mike chuckles.)

Mike: Come on out, Alan! You wanted to meet me here? Well I’m here! WHOOOOO! We need to get you out to that ring to compete for the title, bud! Because it’s gonna be WHOOOOO Simba Time all up on that hot Harker chicks pretty ass!

(Suddenly Mike’s cell phone goes off. He produces it and answers it.)

Mike: Yo?....Wait, Alan? What are you doing there? You told me you wanted to meet me in the parking lot?

(Mike’s face goes pale.)

Mike: That wasn’t you? Well if it wasn’t you, then who…

(Suddenly a male figure rushes in and knocks Mike down from behind. We see that this is Mike’s younger brother, Joey Michaels. Joey starts putting the boots to Mike as the older brother tries pleading with him.)

Mike: Joey? OWW! OH!!! What the hell…OWWW! OHHH! STOP!

Joey: Stop?! STOP?!

(Joey jerks Mike up off of the pavement and pulls him in closer.)

Joey: You play with people’s lives, you son of a bitch, and when you’re done you ruin those same lives, and now you want me to stop?!

Mike: Uh….yeah?

Joey: I’ll stop when I feel good and damn ready!

(Joey punches Mike square in the mouth, knocking him down. Joey pulls Mike back up and then slams him up against the wall.)

Joey: Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t crush your windpipe?!

Mike: Uh…well…because I’m your favorite brother?

Joey: I’m your only brother you idiot!

(He punches Mike in the gut, doubling him over in pain. Joey grabs Mike and again backs him against the wall.)

Joey: I ask you again, why should I have any mercy on you?!

Mike: What the hell, man?! I mean, I can’t answer that because you’re too busy beating the hell out of me to tell me what I did wrong!

Joey: You want to know what you did wrong?

(He releases his grip on Mike.)

Joey: Fine. I’ll tell you. Or maybe Skuld should tell you?

(Mike sighs as he looks away from Joey, realizing exactly what he is referring. He appears genuinely ashamed, unable to even look Joey in the eyes.)

Mike: Oh…you mean Sierra…

Joey: No, I mean Skuld. At least that who she identifies herself as now. And that’s all your fault.

(Joey nods his head.)

Joey: That’s right, I know about how you sold her contract to this Nero character.

Mike: You don’t…

Joey: I tried telling her that she couldn’t trust you. I tried telling her to negotiate her own contract, the way I did, and not to tie her contract in with yours. But she didn’t listen. She trusted you and why shouldn’t she trust you? Surely her own brother wouldn’t betray her.

Mike: Joey…

Joey: And you know, for awhile I thought that even you wouldn’t betray your own family. But apparently you are the kind of scum who would do that.

Mike: Listen!

(Mike sighs.)

Mike: Look, I was out of money. I was nearing bankruptcy. The Knights of Chaos were losing, Executive Authority was dead, I had nothing. I was going to be out on the streets. Nero offered me a large sum of money, enough to rebuild my empire, in exchange for Sierra’s contract.

Joey: Money? You sold our sister to some psychopath for money?!

Mike: Uh…yeah…?

(And with that Joey knees Mike in the gut and then drops Mike on the concrete with The Joey Effect. Joey stands up and glares down at his brother’s fallen form.)

Joey: You may not care about family, and admittedly there is little that I care about either, but damn it, at least I do care about my family! I am going to do everything I can to save our sister from Nero. And as for you? I hope you rot in hell.

(Joey walks off.)

[The show opens up backstage and the shot is fairly shaky, a point of view as the camera crew are travelling through the hallways backstage. As they round a corner, Axl Austin comes into shot, walking away from the camera.]

Crew: Axl, Axl, hold up…

[Axl turns to look over his shoulder and slows down slightly but doesn’t stop walking as he waits for the crew to catch up.]

Crew: Axl, care to comment on what you just did to Slade Merriman?

Axl: I think I said enough out there without having to comment any more…

Crew: But what about what you’re going to do next? What about how you feel--

[Axl comes to a stop and turns to face the camera, smiling slightly as he looks into the lens.]

Axl: How I feel about being back, is that what you were going to ask?

[The person holding the camera nods, evident by the fact that camera shakes up and down slightly.]

Axl: It feels amazing to be back, that’s all there is to say about it. I haven’t been able to compete since July, it’s no October; try losing that much of your career and then tell me how YOU’D feel to be back. I’m looking forward to getting my career back on track after those two chuckleheads stalled things… and I’m looking forward to the challenge of starting from the very bottom and working my way back up, because even before the layoff I let things slip, I lost control of stuff for a while. But I’m going to change that. I’m not saying I’m going after titles or positions or anything like that, but I’m prepared to put the work in and make my name all over again here on Shotgun, that much is true… but not until I’ve had my way with those two douche bags. I’m not even THINKING about anything else until I’ve shown Slade and Drake who they fucked with and why it was a bad idea. Hope you enjoyed my return guys, I’ve got plenty of more fun things planned for us, can’t wait!]

[Axl smirks]

Axl: But for now, I’ve got a beautiful girlfriend to go hang with before her match, so I’ll just leave the two of you to enjoy the rosy afterglow of tonight’s events. Missed you both guys, mean it. Mwah!”

[The final word was more the sound of Axl as he grabs the camera and plants a kiss directly onto the lens of the camera before turning and walking away. The camera watches him as he heads off down the hallway before the scene fades.]

#GoTiffGo Gauntlet: X-Division Championship

Isabella Harker was in the ring, waiting for the first entry…

ENTRY #1: Fury

[Fury was a huge (literally) challenge for the X-Division Champion right off the bat as her size caught Isabella completely off guard. Fury would beat her around the ring for a few minutes, driving fists into her face again and again in the corner until the referee intervened. Fury shoved the referee aside and went for a running corner splash, but Isabella would move out of the way and Fury would smash herself right into the corner. Isabella would then take control from there, outpacing, outthinking and simply outwrestling Fury and after a couple of minutes, a shining wizard brought her down to her knees. A second shining wizard brought her down to the mat and once Fury was face down, Isabella locked in the Beastly Bindings, which served to be quite fitting as the beast of a woman immediately tapped out!]

ENTRY #2: Eric Chambers

[Karen McBride was in tow, confusing Isabella as to who the next entry would be. This caused Eric to blindside Isabella from behind and knock her around the ring for a couple of minutes, with the assault ending with a vertical suplex into a two count and a kickout by the champion. Another vertical suplex attempt after the kickout would be countered when Isabella landed behind Eric, leaped and drove a nice forearm right into the jaw of Eric, knocking him down. Isabella would dominate the former tag team champion from there, culminating with a “Crushing Blow” to the side of the head, and the academic three count as the fans cheered]

ENTRY #3: Karen McBride

[Karen jumped in there and attacked Isabella from behind as Eric rolled out of the ring. Karen was absolutely relentless, not letting Isabella breathe whatsoever. Karen wore down Isabella with various submission holds and tried to keep her down. However, a missed cross body would turn things around for the X-Division Champion as once again, she ran through another challenger. Karen wasn’t able to put up much of a fight against Harker once she got going with another adrenaline rush. However, as Harker kept up her momentum, she was tripped up by Drake Dillon, who tried helping his comrade. Karen got Isabella up and held onto her as Drake stepped on the apron. Drake tried throwing salt in Isabella’s eyes, but Isabella ducked and the salt went into Karen’s instead. Isabella knocked Drake off the apron, then brought down Karen with the STAKE, and got the three count!]

[Isabella didn’t get long to celebrate as the Knockout Champs came in to beat down the champion for a two on one assault. After that culminated with a double chokeslam, Lazarus rolled out of the ring, leaving the pinfall attempt to Alan Shields.]

ENTRY #4: Alan Shields

[Alan Shields covered, but Isabella kicked out. Alan beat Isabella around the ring for a couple of minutes, but again, the champion rallied. Her speed was clearly no match for Shields and Shields just didn’t know how to answer her. After Isabella brought him down with a springboard elbow to the jaw, Isabella ran to the ropes to bounce off of them. As she did that, Jack Lazarus clubbed a lead pipe into the lower back of the champion, in plain sight of the referee, forcing him to call for the bell and DQ’ing Shields.]

ENTRY #5: Jack Lazarus

[Shields and Lazarus AGAIN began a two on one beating of the champion, and yet, it wasn’t enough to take her out. Shields held her up and Lazarus went for a running big boot. Again, Isabella ducked and Shields went down after taking a huge boot to the jaw. Lazarus would then turn around and fall victim to the STAKE, but he didn’t go down right away. Isabella dropped him with a SECOND stake and THEN he fell to the mat. The fans cheered as Isabella covered Lazarus for the pin!]

FINAL ENTRY: Tiffany Manning

[Those cheers would turn to boos when Tiffany Manning came down, appearing to be reluctant. Tiff extended her hand to Isabella, hoping she’d become ‘her girl’ one last time. Isabella responded with a smack across the face and at that point, Tiffany rolled out of the ring and began to run. Harker chased after her, commencing a brief game of cat and mouse. Isabella caught her by the hair as the fans exploded with cheers. Isabella dragged her back to the ring and stayed on her, and that’s when the disparity in in-ring ability came into play as Harker absolutely punished Tiffany for everything she’s put her through for months. Tiffany stood no chance as Isabella took sheer joy in humbling her. The Unseen Knee/Back To Dust combo had Isabella firmly in control. Isabella measured Tiffany for the Stake! Tiffany got up. Isabella went for it, but at the last second, Tiffany grabbed the referee and tossed him in the way, and the referee went down with the heart punch connecting. Tiffany picked up the lead pipe that the KOC had left earlier and drilled her in the back of the head with it!]

[Tiffany then snapped and kept beating down Isabella over and over, screaming at her that it “should have never been this way!” the fans kept booing this, as Isabella was helpless as long as the referee was down. However, GABBY AUSTIN ran down the ring to huge cheers from the fans. Gabby plucked Tiffany off of Harker, finally ending the assault. The two had a stare down. Tiffany unwisely tried to smack Gabby in the head with the pipe, but Gabby caught it and snatched the pipe away from Tiffany! The fans cheered as Tiffany was pleading for her life. Isabella rose to her feet, and the fans were going nuts, knowing that Tiffany was finally going to get hers! Gabby then turned around and SMACKED ISABELLA IN THE GUT WITH THE PIPE! The crowd went completely silent as Gabby beat down the X-Division champion quite brutally. Gabby got Isabella up, only to bring her back down with a Russian Legsweep to drive the pipe into her throat. The referee was starting to stir as Gabby left the ring with the pipe, a look of disdain on her face. Tiffany was stunned herself as the referee got up. She then slowly crawled toward Isabella and hooked both of her legs. The referee made the count...and Isabella did NOT kick out, sending the crowd into further shock!]

WINNER and NEW GCW X Division Champion: Tiffany Manning

[The crowd was shocked as Tiffany stood up and the referee handed her the X-Division Championship! The shock turned into deafening boos as some fans in the front row started to throw trash into the ring. Tiffany smirked as she rolled out of the ring and went up the ramp, with more fans throwing trash at her. The announcers became IRATE at what just happened, calling it one of the biggest injustices to occur in GCW in 2016, as they also wondered WHY Gabby Austin did what she did!]

Backstage at catering, we see Adrian Waters and his manager, Clarissa Vega, enjoying themselves over plates full of food. Adrian is freshly showered after his successful title defense to open up the show. Their conversation is interrupted when Janice King walks over to them, camera crew in toe.

Janice: "Adrian…congratulations on successfully defending the Television Championship earlier tonight against former champion JaMarcus Avery."

Adrian swallows his food and grins at King.

Adrian: "Thank you, although, did you really expect a different outcome?"

Janice: "Well…"

Adrian: "That was called a retorical question, Ms. King. You want an interview from me, so stand there and listen to what Pure Genius has to say."

King bites her cheek to refrain from saying something she will probably regret. She nods and Adrian continues.

Adrian: "I know what one of your first questions is going to be anyhow…because I've been asked it before. Was I expecting a win tonight to be vindication that I am deserving of this belt…because, of course, the way I won the title was controversial. To answer your question…no. My win was controversial. I know that. It doesn't mean I didn't deserve to win. Quite the contrary, in fact. Thanks to Mr. Lawson, a grand opening was placed in front of me, and without hesitation, I took it. That's just smart wrestling. There was never any question in my mind that I am more than deserving of this title.

JaMarcus is a fighter…I'll give credit where it's due. But now there can be no question that I am the better man. Mr. Avery and I are finished. He can go to the back of the line. Maybe tonight, however, will silence some of my critics. Obviously, it won't silence all of them, because too many wrestlers have to prove that they are too righteous and above taking shortcuts. Some of these wrestlers, like Laurel Ann Hardy, for example, always feel the need to defend something or other and, they need a villan to be the hero against. Using my example of Laurel…I am the embodiment of that villan. I worked too damn hard and too damn long to get to where I am today. I'll tell you all one thing…I didn't get here by playing the role of white knight. I didn't do it by glamorizing wrestling tradition or advocating for fair play. I did what I needed to to be where I am today…and I am ashamed of none of it.

That brings me to Nate Lawson. Mr. Lawson, like Laurel, has villified me. I stand for what he believes is wrong in wrestling…basically, everything Utopia stands for. He has made it his personal crusade to take me down…and, if he can capture the TV title while he's at it, all the better. I can't fault him for that. Has he earned the right to face the Television Champion? Well, that's completely up to Ms. Manning…but Nate has made enough of a stink that I'm sure he and I will be across the ring from each other at some point in the not-so-distant future. I can't say that I'm not looking forward to kicking his ass yet again. Mr Lawson…I'm sick and tired of your self-righteous attitude. I'm tired of you hiding behind some sort of moral compass to get your way. I know you really want this match, but here's a secret for you: so do I!"

Waters turns away from the camera, allowing Clarissa to get the attention from Janice.

Clarissa: "How many of these so-called heros and wrestling traditonalists said Adrian couldn't beat JaMarcus fairly? Too many…and every single one of them were wrong. It's time you all start paying attention. The balance is tipping to the side of Utopia. Adrian is Television Champion. Soon, Sedona Sky will be World Tag-Team Champions. Soon, Myra Lynwood will be Global Champion. Utopia will be the single most successful stable in GCW history. As for me? You may as well just hand me the trophy for manager of the year right now. Now Janice, you interrupted our dinner, so if you can excuse us."

Janice: "Of course. Thanks for your time."

[Shotgun returns to Victoria Salinas’s locker room and the former GCW World Champion is sitting down, taking in some final thoughts minutes before her ironman match with Kayla Jones is set to begin. Little does she know however, that she’s not about to be alone for very long.]

Voice: You know… they say if you think too much, you’ll give yourself a concussion…

[Victoria hears some laughter nearby and looks up to notice her boyfriend Axl Austin standing near her. Victoria rolls her eyes before letting out a brief chuckle.]

Victoria: I hate you…

Axl: What did I do?

Victoria: You lied to me!

Axl: About?

Victoria: The doctors? You had ME believing that they had you incapacitated for another month and it ended up being a swerve? Really?

Axl: Well… um… I kinda had to do that…

[Victoria stands up, obviously in a slightly more lighthearted mood.]

Axl: As you saw earlier, I had a good reason…

Victoria: I understand, but you had me so WORRIED! Gosh!

Axl: I didn’t mean to scare you.

Victoria: Whatever. It doesn’t matter now. I’m just…

[Victoria’s eyes light up as soon as she starts to focus on the fact that Axl is back in GCW.]

Victoria: I’m so glad that you’re back!

[Victoria walks up to him and leans into him with a tight embrace. Axl returns the hug.]

Victoria: I was so worried that this wouldn’t be possible. You remember how guilty I once felt about the whole thing, to the point where it drove me to ‘rock bottom’ at Deadly Dreams and now everything appears to be back to the way things should be.

Axl: Yeah… now that you’re no longer pretending to be something you’re not. I always knew this was the Victoria that was somewhere inside of you. But hey, things are getting better, but they’re not QUITE back to the way things should be just yet.

[Victoria lets go of Axl and has a bit of a curious look on her face.]

Victoria: What do you mean?

Axl: Well, last I checked, you’re not GCW World Champion right now.

Victoria: Oh… right.

Axl: But, you’re about to be one step closer to making that happen again!

[This brings a smile out of Victoria.]

Victoria: You really think I can do this? You really think I can beat Kayla? After everything that’s happened, it’s not going to be easy.

Axl: No, but you ARE one of the most clutch competitors in the business and you’ve been able to pull through in situations like this time and time again. Of COURSE I think you can do this! Just be careful not to put so much pressure on yourself. I know it’s been a long time since you’ve been this close to the world title, but what you’ve had to deal with to get to this point is in the past. You can’t change what’s happened. It’s over and done with. What matters is now! I’ve never stopped believing you, even after you hit rock bottom at Deadly Dreams!

Victoria: Thank you! Hearing that from you just feels so right. I’m so lucky to have someone like you. Time to make this happen! I feel a little better now! You really have no idea how much you truly mean to me…

Axl: Aw crap… no need to get mushy on me now. I can’t mean THAT much… (laughs)

Victoria: Wanna bet?

Axl: Um…

[Suddenly, Victoria leaps into his arms and plants a mad, passionate fiery kiss that lasts a good 30 seconds! Some of the crowd cheers, while other parts of the crowd are surprised. Axl puts Victoria back down on the floor, surprised by what just happened while Victoria can’t help but laugh.]

Axl: That’s a first… not that I’m complaining… (laughs)

Victoria: Hey, if everything goes according to plan tonight, there will be plenty more where that came from, you know what I mean?

[Victoria winks at him before she turns around and begins to leave.]

Axl: Yeah… I know what you mean! (chuckles)

[Axl stays behind to watch the ironman match from the locker room once Victoria leaves the scene. After that, the scene fades.]

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FROM #GINGERNATION AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS AND/OR OPINIONS OF GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (although they kind of should, because we’re that awesome).

Our scene rises in shades of red. We see Jenni “Jinxy” Anderson, #GingerAllison and #GingerEnigma standing inside a red-hued classroom.

Jenni: Are you tired of being you?

Allison: Do you want to make steps to improve your life without putting any real effort into it?

Enigma: Do you want to join #GingerNation?

Allison nudges Enigma with her elbow, whispering.

Allison: We’re building to that.

Enigma: Right! Sorry.

Jenni: We here in #GingerNation are looking for the best and brightest to expand our ranks and exercise a wider-scale takeover of Global Championship Wrestling.

Allison: If you are interested in a career boost the likes of which you can only imagine, give us a try.

Jenni: And who knows? You could even be part of the first tag team combination to win both sets of GCW Tag Team Championships. That’s pretty impressive, you have to admit.

Enigma: …

Jenni nudges Enigma.

Jenni: That’s your line.

Enigma: CALL NOW! 1-888-GINGER1!

Allison: That’s… good?

Jenni: I think so…

The commercial closes.

#1 Contender’s Match (World Championship)
30 Minute Ironwoman Match: Kayla Jones vs. Victoria Salinas

30:00. Score: 0-0

[The crowd exploded with huge anticipation once the bell rang and the two women exchanged blows in the early going. As expected, this would be evenly matched at the start, with neither woman being in control for the first few minutes. They managed to get quick roll up covers on each other at one point, but each woman kicked out at two. After both women got up from Kayla’s roll up on Victoria, Kayla went for a spinning heel kick but Victoria would duck it, and then grab her and bring her down with a belly to belly suplex. Victoria would go for a quick cover, but in the end, Kayla would kick out at two. Victoria then slowed things down and went to her submission arsenal, locking in a Boston crab. Kayla was able to reach the ropes, but despite that, it would be all Victoria for the next few minutes as she wore her down using submission holds like a surfboard and a reverse chinlock, but Kayla was able to get out of both holds. Victoria brought Kayla up to her feet, only to bring her back down with a springboard Tornado DDT! Victoria would go for the cover, but again, Kayla would kick out!]

24:00. Score: 0-0

[Victoria’s next move would be to go to the top rope. She would go for a moonsault, but Kayla made the block with her knees and then rolled Victoria up into a pinfall attempt, but Victoria would kick out. The match for the next few minutes would be all Kayla, as she completely outpaced her opponent. Every time Victoria seemed to catch up to her, she’d be a victim to a kick out of nowhere, usually taking it right in the chin. Kayla brought down Victoria with a shining wizard before stepping through the ropes and standing on the apron. Victoria slowly got up but Kayla would drop her to the mat with a springboard enziguri. Kayla would go for a two count, but in the end, Victoria kicked out at two. Kayla cemented her control by locking in an STF for a few minutes. Victoria was able to grab the rope after struggling for a bit. Victoria got up, but Kayla went for a Pele kick. Victoria ducked it and Kayla missed the kick. Kayla stumbled right into a kick to the gut by Victoria, and then Victoria hit the Ginger Breaker in the center of the ring. Victoria slowly crawled toward Kayla and draped her arm over her chest, the crowd exploding with cheers as she got the 3!]

17:44. Score: Victoria 1-0

[Victoria was ecstatic over the fact that she finally got a pin over Kayla, but she knew she couldn’t rest as there was still plenty of time for her to even things up. Victoria locked Kayla in a cobra clutch to stay on her and maintain control. When Kayla was starting to escape the hold, Victoria improvised and brought her back down with a modified double knee backbreaker! Victoria would try to go up two falls with a pin, but Kayla found it within her to kick out! Despite the kickout, Victoria remained in control over the next few minutes, determined to take a two fall lead. A springboard somersault plancha appeared to do the trick, but Kayla still kicked out at two. Victoria started to get frustrated. She went to the top rope and went for a suicide dive on a laid out Kayla, but Kayla rolled out of the way and Victoria got nothing but mat. Kayla slowly got up, as did her adversary. Kayla brought Victoria back down with a spinning heel kick to the back of the head. She then went through the ropes and measured Victoria from the apron. Victoria got up, but Kayla springboarded herself in and…. KAYLAN WIND KICK 3.0!!!! The fans went nuts for this move as Kayla went for the cover and got the 3!]

10:35. Score: 1-1 Tie

[The next few minutes would be pure Kayla Jones domination as Victoria’s lights were out. Kayla would apply a sleeper hold and it took the referee checking on Victoria to stay in the fall. Still, Kayla was outclassing Victoria in the submissions department, putting her through a cross armbreaker, a double chickenwing and an ankle lock with a grapevine attached. Victoria managed to escape those moves, but it truly took a toll on her as she just couldn’t get back into the swing of things. Victoria was able to stand at one point, but Kayla brought her down with a sick Pele kick! Kayla would then go for the Kaylan Wind Kick 2.0, but Victoria got out of the way. Kayla wasn’t fazed though, with Victoria far too gassed at the moment to keep up. Kayla brought her down with a scoop slam and leaned against the corner, measuring Victoria as she got up. Victoria got up and Kayla got the KAYLAN WIND KICK 1.0!!!! Victoria’s lights were out and Kayla hooked the leg and scored the pinfall!]

6:18. Score: Kayla 2-1

[Kayla was purely confident, having taken the lead and been in control ever since she tied the score a few minutes prior. Kayla got a bit greedy and measured Victoria as she got up again. Kayla went for another KWK 1.0, but Victoria dodged it this time. Kayla turned around and Victoria brought her down with the Ginger Breaker! Victoria made the cover, but Kayla kicked out at two this time. This discouraged Victoria as she looked up at the clock and saw that she had five minutes left. She made another cover, but Kayla kicked out again. Victoria slammed the mat in frustration as the announcers wondered if she was about to lose her confidence. Top rope frog splash from the top rope. Kayla kicks out. More frustration on Victoria’s end. Busaiku knee to the chest. Kayla kicked out once again. Victoria went for a springboard clothesline… but Kayla countered with a KWK 1.0!!! With four minutes left, Kayla made the cover, knowing that she’d likely have this… but VICTORIA KICKED OUT! Kayla was stunned. Victoria got up and Kayla went for a Pele kick again, but Victoria ducked it. Victoria then countered with a double knee facebuster that caused Kayla to stumble to a knee. Victoria then stepped through the ropes and springboarded herself as soon as Kayla stood doubled over. BURNING DESIRE! Victoria hit the same springboard facebuster that befell Michael McKay! The move slayed her demon two weeks ago, and tonight, it’d get the tying fall she desperately needed as the fans exploded at the three count!]

3:29. Score: 2-2 Tie.

[Victoria stood up and measured Kayla. She went for a shoulder block, but Kayla countered with a Pele kick right to the skull. Kayla made the cover! Victoria managed to kick out! Kayla brought her up. Victoria shoved her away. THREE MINUTES LEFT! The fans went nuts as these two exchanged blows, hoping to get that final fall. Both were desperate to avoid yet ANOTHER draw between them, a fact the announcers pointed out. Kayla though, came out of nowhere to drop Victoria with an enziguri. 2:30 left! Victoria was able to get up, but Kayla went for a KWK 1.0! Victoria ducked it! Kayla turned around and Victoria, with 2:18 left, out of nowhere locked in the Christos armbar, the BURNING VICTORY! Kayla was trapped in the middle of the ring as she fell to her knees! The length of the match would then take its toll on her as she fell flat to the mat. TWO MINUTES LEFT! Victoria was desperately urging Kayla to tap as she was desperate to avoid another draw with her longtime adversary. Kayla tried to struggle to break Victoria’s signature submission. She kept trying to punch her way out of it, hoping to break the hold, but all Victoria did was pull back on the arm even more, causing Kayla to scream in pain. ONE MINUTE LEFT! When the ring announcer made that announcement, Victoria urged Kayla to tap again. Kayla’s free arm was raised in the air, but it was shaking. Then, with 35 seconds left, Kayla’s free arm went limp and fell on the mat. She seemed unresponsive and the referee grabbed her arm, raising it in the air. He let it go once. It fell. 24 seconds left. He raised it a second time. He let it go. The arm hit the mat for a second time. 13 seconds left. The referee raised Kayla’s arm a third time. He let it go. IT HIT THE MAT AGAIN! TWO SECONDS LEFT! With Kayla out, the referee called for the bell… RIGHT AS TIME EXPIRED!!!!!]

0:00. Score: 3-2 Victoria.

WINNER AND #1 CONTENDER: Victoria Salinas

[Caught in the moment, briefly, Victoria still had the Christos armbar locked in but the referee quickly urged her to let it go. Victoria had heard the bell ring and the buzzer and she reluctantly let go of the hold, looking dejected initially, as she thought time had ran out and once again she couldn’t beat Kayla. But when the ring announcer announced that Victoria had gotten the submission (via passout) right at the buzzer, her eyes widened in shock and she breathed a sigh of relief as the referee helped her up to raise her hand as the winner. The crowd roared in approval at what they just witnessed as Victoria, realizing she won, was absolutely jubilant. Her emotion got the better of her as she collapsed to her knees next to the fallen Kayla Jones, checking on her to make sure she was alright. The referee raised her hand again as she did this as the announcers talked about the instant classic they just witnessed and how after dealing with obstacle after obstacle over the last year, Victoria was finally back in the World title picture! Victoria got up to soak in the heavy cheers she was getting from the fans, ecstatic that she won, but knowing she was challenged to her very limits.]

We rise up backstage… Samuel Price can be seen standing, just about to begin conducting an interview when an audible “AHEM” can be heard off camera. Price turns his head, and comes face to face with the manager of the World Champion – “The Brod”, Broderick Chase.

Price: Should I just…?

The Brod nods, stretching out his hand. Samuel sighs, passing the microphone off as he walks by.

Brod: WOOOOOO! Tonight you are going to see your World Champion, the greatest wrestler in GCW history, do what she does best: Defend her Championship! WOOOOOO!

As The Brod jubilantly celebrates, Chantelle Chambers steps into the scene, an uncharacteristic scowl on her face. The Brod passes off the microphone.

Chambers: I bet Julia Braddock-Noel is happy with herself. I bet she thinks all of the momentum is in her favor. I bet she thinks pinning Pierce Manning two weeks ago gives her the psychological edge against me tonight. But there’s one thing she hasn’t taken into consideration…

She unstraps the belt from around her waist and holds it forward.

Chambers: Pierce isn’t the World Champion… I AM! As far as I’m concerned, tonight is a clean slate… a fresh start. Tonight, she isn’t stepping into a tag team contest – she’s facing the World Champion, and here the rules change! Here, I’m at the absolute advantage. I have not been pinned or made to submit since winning this belt over 4 months ago.

Chantelle smirks, still with a sense of loathing on her face, as she places the belt on her shoulder again.

Chambers: Julia… this is it. The biggest match of your life. A one on one World Championship match. And I know you want this. I know you want to be GCW World Champion. I know you want to take this belt back to your mother and say “See, Ma… I did it! I beat the unbeatable!”… but I’m not about to let your dream come true. This is my time… this is my dream. And in my dreams, I’m Champion, and all eyes are on ME!

She blows a kiss to the camera before following up with a scowl, exiting the scene. The Brod looks square into the camera…

Brod: WOOOOOOOOO!!

The scene shifts.

(Gabriella Austin can be seen storming through the backstage area avoiding eye contact from the onlookers who can’t believe the member of Golden Class did what she did. Just as she is about to push through a door with an exit sign above it, Roderick Osborn manages to halt the progress of Gabriella.)

Roderick Osborn: Ms. Austin!

Gabriella: Not now Roderick!

Roderick Osborn: Why Ms Austin? Why would you help the woman who has made your career a living hell for the past couple months become the X Division Champion?

(Gabriella looks like she is going to blow Roderick off. She takes a deep breath, steps away from the door. She then looks him square in the eye.)

Gabriella: To get back on television. Its a pain in the ass traveling with the rest of the roster hoping the general manager will take her head out of Isabella’s ass long enough to recognize that she is making a huge mistake keeping the best tag team on the planet from competing on the premiere brand in pro wrestling. You keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting for one match. I wouldn’t have cared if Golden Class faced the El Perros. All I wanted was me and Hayley to compete. That’s why I gave Tiffany what she wanted. I did it for me and Hayley. It was my fault Hayley was kept off television. I opened my mouth. My best friend suffered the consequences. I corrected my mistake.

Roderick Osborn: What about your principals, Gabby? You sold--

(Gabby grabs Roderick by the shirt collar.)

Gabriella: Don’t. You. Dare! I am STILL classy. In life, sometimes being classy isn’t enough. There are times when the relationships you share are more important than ideals. Hayley is like a sister to me. The fans, if they can’t understand, I don’t care. Hayley is my sister. She means the world to me and not in some creepy Tiffany-Isabella way. She is the reason I have kept going when I have thought about quitting. Hayley means more to me then a few principals. I hope she feels the same or else, Golden Class is dead, and I don't want that.

(Gabby lets go of Roderick. She burst through the door as the scene fades to black.)

GCW World Championship: Chantelle Chambers © vs. Julia Braddock

[The main event of the evening would be as intense of an encounter as you would expect between a challenger that was determined to add another accolade to her family legacy and a champion that was determined to keep all the attention on her. In the early stages of the match, things would be a back and forth fistfight until the more experienced Braddock took control with an Irish whip into the corner. Julia would follow up with a corner splash, knocking the champion down. Julia measured Chantelle as she got up. Julia went after her, but Chantelle quickly slid out of the ring. This cat-and-mouse tactic would be typical of the champion in the early stages of the match as Chantelle did everything she could to limit the damage Julia could do to her. It would work, as Julia got overzealous at one point and Chantelle caught her by surprise with a running elbow to the face knocking her down. Chantelle would go for the cover, but Julia kicked out at two. Chantelle would stay on her, grounding and pounding away, making sure she was in complete control and for the next few minutes, she would be as an armdrag followed by a sleeper hold was all she needed to keep the challenger grounded. Julia was able to struggle to her feet, but Chantelle violently threw her down to the mat and pinned her, but Julia was able to kick out at two.]

[Chantelle would continue to be in control for the next couple of minutes. After bringing her down with a snap suplex. Chantelle stood on the apron. She then slingshotted herself back in the ring with a somersault leg drop, but Julia moved out of the way at the last second, getting up quickly and snapping the champion back with a seated cutter that brought Chantelle down. Julia would go for the pin, but Chantelle kicked out at two. Looking to counter the flashy style of the champion, Julia would wear out Chantelle with her technical acumen as the champion had to escape a Boston crab and a headscissors chokehold. Julia would hit a fisherman’s suplex for a pin, but again, Chantelle kicked out at two. Julia got the crowd warmed up as she bounced off the ropes, but the Brod tripped her up at ringside, causing Julia to fall flat on her face. The referee was busy checking on Chantelle, so he didn’t see it. Chantelle scurried over to the challenger and started to pound away again, taking control once more as the match went into the middle stages. Chantelle started to dominate again, scoring three pinfalls over the next few minutes, but Julia had enough courage to kick out of all of them. Still, Chantelle had Julia right where she wanted her and as a result she nailed the dizzy challenger with the Nightly Knockout! The fans booed, thinking it was over, but Julia KICKED OUT!]

[Chantelle got in the referee’s face and started to argue with him. This would be a mistake as it enabled Julia to get up and recover. Julia turned Chantelle over and nailed her with the Julia in Excelsis Dio! The fans cheered loudly for this as Julia made the cover, but Chantelle was able to kick out. Julia went on the attack again when the champion got up, but Chantelle elbowed her in the face as she was coming at her. Chantelle went for a German suplex, but Julia landed on her feet and brought her down with a springboard tornado DDT! Another cover! Another kickout! The fans started to get behind Julia at this point, feeling that this was her night. Julia got Chantelle up and went for a right, but it got blocked. Chantelle nailed a right of her own, and things broke down into a fist fight! Both women traded blows until Chantelle slapped Julia across the face. Julia responded with a superkick out of nowhere, one that would have made Kayla Jones proud! Julia dragged Chantelle to the corner and she got on the second rope! QUEEN’S RANSOM! The fans exploded as the Brod lost it at ringside! Cover made! CHANTELLE KICKED OUT! Julia and the crowd were equally stunned that Chantelle kicked out of the Queen’s Ransom! Julia got Chantelle up and went to the second rope trying to hit it again! However, Chantelle countered by flipping the challenger over her head with a back body drop. Chantelle then ran up to Julia from behind and… BEVERLY HILLS BOMB! Chantelle with the academic cover and…. JULIA KICKED OUT WITH HALF A SECOND TO SPARE!]

[Chantelle started to get frustrated at the fact that she just couldn’t put Julia away! Again she started to argue with the referee, but the Brod was right there to direct her to focus on Julia, and that’s exactly what she did as she tried to wear her out with a sharpshooter! Julia greatly struggled with this submission for three agonizing minutes before she managed to find a way to get to the bottom rope and break the hold. Chantelle broke the hold and dragged Julia to the center of the ring. Chantelle then hit the “Worship” on Julia to keep her down. Chantelle measured Julia, going for the win. She went for the Nightly Knockout again, but Julia ducked it. Chantelle turned around right into a hurricanrana… or not… actually, it was the SHEKHINAH GLORY! The triangle choke brought down the champion in the center of the ring and the fans went insane! However, before the referee could tend to the submission, the Brod LOW BLOWED HIM FROM BEHIND! The referee went down not knowing what happened or who hit him. Julia tightened the triangle hold! Chantelle was fading and struggling to breathe at this point, and had no way to escape! Chantelle then TAPPED OUT and the fans went nuts, but with no referee to see it, it didn’t matter! Julia broke the hold and started celebrating, unaware that the referee was knocked out and didn’t see the submission! Chantelle slowly crawled over while getting her breath back. The Brod slipped in a pair of brass knuckles. Julia grew confused and then she saw the knocked out referee. Chantelle then drilled her in the back of the head with the knuckles and Julia went into the ropes. Chantelle dropped the knuckles and kicked them out of the ring to hide the evidence right when the referee was starting to come to. Julia stumbled backward into Chantelle and… BEVERLY HILLS BOMB! The referee was fully back into it when Chantelle went for the cover. Julia kicked out of the move before, but not so this time as the fans went IRATE over the three count!]

WINNER and STILL GCW World Champion: Chantelle Chambers

[The fans were booing quite loudly, knowing that Chantelle and the Brod basically screwed Julia out of the world title, a fact the announcers harped on. The fans had even more reason to spew hatred as Broderick Chase went in the ring and he and Chantelle started to stomp away at the fallen challenger! Broderick picked up the brass knuckles as Chantelle held up Julia. Broderick was about to KO Julia once and for all, but suddenly, he bolted out of the ring and warned Chantelle about something the fans were cheering loudly for. That “something” was Victoria Salinas who slid into the ring right when Chantelle dropped Julia. Chantelle caught Victoria with a right hand right when she got to her and the fans exploded with cheers as a fistfight broke out between them. Chantelle then tried to go for a clothesline, but Victoria ducked it and when Chantelle turned around, Victoria dropped her with a Busaiku knee to the jaw. Victoria was about to keep things rolling, but the Brod at the last moment pulled Chantelle out of the ring and helped her up. Victoria then kneeled down next to Julia Braddock to check on her for a few seconds. The fans cheered the save she just made. Victoria looked out to the ring, finding herself locking eyes with Chantelle and Broderick. Chantelle was holding her jaw, but she was still smiling as she raised the world title in the air, as she and Broderick backed up the ramp. Victoria kept staring her down, as Shotgun faded to black!]