Always, always, always, always, always, always,
I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

[Shotgun begins with “Feel Invincible” by Skillet hitting the PA system and the fans explode with cheers as the new GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas walks through the curtains with her newly won title around her waist. She begins walking down the ramp, obviously the happiest that she has been in a long time.]

Lee: Ladies and gentlemen, the NEW GCW World Champion, Victoria Salinas!

[Victoria doesn’t waste too much time getting in the ring and she takes the microphone from the ring announcer. Her music fades and the fans are cheering even louder for her. She can’t contain her smile as pockets of ‘you deserve it’ chants are heard. Victoria is somewhat overwhelmed by the reception she’s getting and it takes her a little bit to finally start speaking, but there is nothing that can take away this moment from her, a fact she’s about to express among other things.]

Victoria: I have more than three minutes this time, right?

[Victoria laughs and so does the crowd, at the obvious reference of what happened the last time she cut a promo in GCW coming right off a world title win.]

Victoria: All joking aside… wow! I don’t really know what to say. I mean, things are still a blur considering that only a week ago, after everything I had to go through, FINALLY, I am the GCW World Champion again. You all know the journey. You all know how I had to deal with frustrations, with heartbreak, with humiliation at various points, a boatload of criticism from people in and out of GCW, and so on but I am definitely the first to say that it was all worth it. There were times when I lost my confidence, there were times where I questioned if this moment would ever happen. It doesn’t help when a certain former boss of yours publicly says they dread this moment ever happening, or calls you zero point one percent the woman the champion of the time is, it doesn’t help when you had distraction after distraction coming your way, but that was then and this is now. Now? I’ll be honest with you, I am going to enjoy every bit of this! I’m going to enjoy it when I can because I know the drill having been world champion before. I know I’ve got an entire locker room of people coming after me and yes, at times, that pressure can be stressful. That comes with the territory. But, no worries. I learned my lesson from last time. I’m not going to be taking shortcuts to win matches, I’m not going to be screwing people out of the title and well, let’s just say I am not going to be like what I was the LAST time I was world champion. I’ll be the first to admit that I was rather unbearable then. Most of that pressure I had felt, I had brought it upon myself, especially when I felt the need to answer every criticism in the book thrown at me at the time and yes, I know that I’ll have my fair share of that too, I know a certain “therapist” back there is one of them, but this time around? I’m better equipped to deal with that. Starting tonight, I’m going to be that champion I wasn’t the last time around. I’m not shocked at all that Julia Braddock cashed in her rematch so soon. She couldn’t handle losing to me, since her precious little fantasy Noel world came crashing down on her. She is NOT taking this title from me. I didn’t bust my ass for a year and a half to regain this championship just to lose it again this soon, I’ll tell you that for a fact.

[Victoria pauses as the crowd continues to cheer her.]

Victoria: All that being said, obviously I’d like to thank every single one of you that were behind me along the way, and hey, obviously that extends to my boyfriend… or should I say fiance now? *laughs* But there is one person that I especially want to thank. I wish he could be here tonight to witness this. I’m sure he’s doing well, wherever he is. But I would like to extend a very special thanks to former GCW World Champion, Michael McKay.

[This draws a heck of a pop from the capacity crowd in Miami, Victoria definitely feeling sentimental about what she has to say.]

Victoria: When this journey to become champion again started, I was one of the most hated people in GCW and I understand why. I deserved that reputation. But Michael was one of the first people here that saw me for the person I really am at heart and he never lost faith in me. He was, quite honestly, a major catalyst, if not THE catalyst of my turnaround post-Deadly Dreams. You guys know that story. You know what happened to me at Deadly Dreams when I suffered that humiliation at the hands of Ginger Nation, the “death of vainglorious”. Going into the very next week, my confidence was at an all-time low. I was definitely ready to just give it all up, but as you guys remember, he took time out of his schedule to come back to GCW briefly and help me pull myself out of the hole, to help me find that person that I really am at heart, and to be confident in my in-ring abilities again and if it wasn’t for those selfless actions, I wouldn’t be here, right now, sharing this with all of you so Michael, wherever you are, I just wanted to give you a huge “thank you” for making this possible and for never giving up on me.

[Victoria pauses to allow the crowd to cheer quite loudly.]

Victoria: That being said, it’s time to get to work. I don’t have a break. I don’t get an all-paid vacation to the Canary Islands, I have a title defense tonight against Julia and let me just say this Julia, you are NOT getting this title back tonight. You can try every excuse in the book, but last week, I beat you straight up. I didn’t pull any shenanigans that you did when you won this title. You are going to be just as tough of a challenger to overcome, if not even tougher than you were to overcome as a champion. But I know Julia, that on any given night, I CAN beat you. You want to make this short-lived for me? Try me. But just know that every obstacle I had to overcome to get this back has prepared me for the kind of champion I know I will be for this company and for challenges like you.

[On that note, Victoria drops the microphone and the fans cheer as she unstraps the world title from her waist and raises it in the air. She celebrates with the fans for a minute or so before she leaves the ring, instantly focusing on her title defense later tonight.]

[Janice King is standing backstage with a microphone in her hands. She looks at the camera and smiles.]

Janice: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time....Queen Mamba!

Cheers can be heard as the young San Fran native walks into camera view sporting a camo jacket with black jeans.]

Janice: First off Happy New Years to you. Now, last year, you made an immediate impact here on Shotgun. A lot of people are wondering what's in store for you this year. What are your goals leading into 2017?

Mamba doesn't say anything right away but she does gather her thoughts before she speaks.

Queen Mamba: It's been almost one year since I came to GCW. It's been a year since I graduated from Golden Gate and I remember my first match how no one knew who I was or knew what I was capable of. I knew that it wasn't going to take long for everyone to realize that I meant everything I said when I arrived. That I wasn't here to play games, that I wasn't here to make friends but that I was here to show everyone just who I am.

Mamba pauses.

Mamba: And in one year, I think everyone in that crowd knows who I am and what I can do in that ring. They know whoever is in front of me, I'm going to kick their ass one way or the other. Last year was just the beginning. I won some big matches, I reunited with Geneva, I made some enemies, I almost became champion. All of that in one year. But this year Janice....this year I plan on going bigger. I plan on making an even bigger impact. And I have the perfect way to do just that.

Mamba looks at Janice.

Mamba: You see, there's a certain entitled, spoiled little princess that keeps running their mouth about what they deserve, how they are the best, how the entire world should just bow down to them and stand in awe when she walks past them. This person keeps talking about being the MVP and bitching about how she lost her title and how it's apparently the worst tragedy ever, And I've dealt with enough of those annoying girls, not women, in high school to not what to deal with that again. At this point, you all should know who I'm talking about.

Mamba then looks at the camera.

Mamba: Chantelle Chambers!

The crowd roars a bit as Janice looks taken back.

Mamba: You want to keep bitching, you want the world to be handed to you, you want everyone to kiss your feet. You may think I'm a nobody and not worth your time, because apparently you are the most important person in this company. Here's a newflash, you aren't. The world doesn't revolve around you and if you don't pay attention, someone is going to knock you off that pedestal. That someone...is me!

Crowd cheers.

Mamba: So this is a challenge Chantelle. One day, whether it's two weeks from now, whether it's a month from now, it doesn't matter, I want you in that ring so I can do everyone a favor and shut you up. And as much of a whining, spoiled bitch that you are, you are the longest World Heavyweight of all time. You are one of the best here. And that's why I'm coming after you. What you saw at the End of the Year bash was only a sample for what I'm going to do. Because I'm not going to bitch my way to the to,l I'm going to fight my way to the top and I'm going to fight my way by being the so called "elites" like you. So Chantelle, if you're a woman like you say you are, you'll tell the Brod to stop whispering every sweet little nothing in your ear and you'll fight me. The choice is yours Chantelle. You know where to find me and Geneva.

Mamba nods before walking away from the scene.

Monroe Jones vs Skogul vs Kordy Price vs Skuld

[The fans were highly anticipating Skogul and Skuld going at it in this opening four way and that’s exactly what they were about to get when the two started the match by staring each other down in the ring, but Monroe and Kordy jumped in to attack the two of them from behind. Skogul was mugged by Kordy while Monroe took care of Skuld. Monroe and Kordy were in control for a couple of minutes before the Valkyries fought back and took charge and it got to the point where things seemed like it was a tornado tag team match and not a fatal four way as the two began to completely dominate their opponents in a game of one-upsmanship. Skuld looked like she was impressive with a full nelson facebuster on Monroe, but Skogul responded with a sick cradle piledriver to Kordy. Skuld didn’t take this too well and hit a sick corkscrew moonsault on Monroe. Not to be outdone, Skogul lifted Kordy up for a Northern Lights suplex into a pinfall which Skuld immediately broke up. Skuld then took down Monroe with a flipping senton into a pin, but Skogul broke that up. At this point, the two FINALLY fought each other, much to the approval of the crowd and neither one would have an advantage until Monroe decided to break things up. The Valkyries then double teamed him until they viciously tossed him outside of the ring. But then, Skogul grabbed Skuld and flung her out of the ring as well. Skogul then saw Kordy was getting up and then she took Kordy down with the Handspring Enziguri. She then followed up with the McBride flies, the crowd booing her for her actions against Skuld as she made the cover for the win!]

WINNER: Skogul

[Skogul got up and soaked in the boos from the crowd, instantly flipping the “L” sign to Skuld as she got up. This would enrage Skuld as she slid in the ring and mauled Skogul from behind, constantly pounding her face into the mat. She wouldn’t let her breathe as she got her up and dropped her with the Dynasty Drop! This brought some cheers from the fans as Skuld stood above Skogul, seemingly getting the last laugh. But then, those laughs would come to an end as Nero sneaked in. Skuld turned around, and then Nero kicked her in the gut and gave her a sickening Jacknife Powerbomb into the center of the ring, teaching Skuld a lesson and drawing some hard heat from the fans. Nero then dragged Skogul out of the ring and carried her up the ramp, the announcers condemning Nero for his actions.]

[Backstage inside a locker room. Megan Pierce stands in the middle of the rope. Yellow blazer; black pencil skirt, long red hair. She turns her head to her left, which is when we see Alice for the first time. Dressed in her ring gear, she leans her back far against the wall, standing in the background of the scene.]

Megan: Our match is coming up soon....first one of the year. It's pretty exciting right?

Alice doesn't answer.

Megan: I mean, to be our there, hearing the people cheer you on, chant your name. Ha the last time you wrestled, there was no one in the building! So it's been a while since, you know, you wrestled in front of people. I'm sure that's going to be nice that everything will be normal you know?

Alice still doesn't respond, until turns her head a certain way.

Megan: Now tonight, you might need to watch your back. I'll do my best to let you know but Lyrsenko's now apart of GingerNation or whatever. You never know, maybe that'll decide to come down and try to jump you. If they do, I hate to break it you but I'm not really a fighter. I can't even squash a bug without feeling morally wrong. I cried once when my dad squashed a spider when i was little. It was horrible.

Megan turns to Alice.

Megan: Anyways, we got through Kordy and she wanted to maim you. She didn't care about winning, she wanted to make your life a living hell and we made it through that. It's only been four months and look what we've done. You're undefeated in singles competition and I think even the fans out there are starting to like you. That's awesome isn't it? But, regardless, tonight, now we're done with Kordy, we can start off the new year right. We can start off picking up where we left off. It won't be easy but from all the times I was standing at rignside when Troy Stone was defending his World Title, I know that if you want it, if you believe in yourself, if you believe in what you're fighting for, no one can beat you. You have your sister, your father. THose guys are watching and they're proud of you. I am too But we've only just started. And Karina's going to be motivated to-

Just then, Alice slaps the wall, startling Megan before she walks right past Megan and out the door with a determined, powerful stride. Megan looks around, wondering what just happened before laughing.

Megan: Alright, I guess she's ready.

Megan starts to run away Alice.

Megan: Hey, wait up! Hey! Slow down!

The scene soon fades.

The lights go out in the arena. The dark, heavy metal music of the Motley Crue classic "Looks That Kill" start to play. There is a sudden blast of fire from the stage before the spotlight comes on to reveal Hannah Myers and Destiny Skye. She wears a black sports bra and short black tights, and her long blonde hair flows around her.

Hannah and Destiny make their way down the aisle, her path lit by flaming torches on either side of her. If the mood is right, she'll interact with the fans, blowing them kisses while smiling sweetly.

Once she has made her way to the ring, she pulls herself up on the ring apron using the ropes and she enters the ring through the middle and top turnbuckle, moving slowly and seductively. She looks around, smiling and waving to the crowd. As her music fades out, she gets her game face on and awaits the start of the match.

Hannah: We’re not out here to beat around the bush! Tell them Destiny!

Destiny: We’ve been screwed over time and time again by those redheaded bitches the #GingerNation! We’re sick of it and we’re not going to take it anymore!

(Hannah and Destiny stand in the center of the ring and point.)

Destiny: So get your asses out here, NOW, bring those tag team titles with you, and let’s finish this!

“Finish what?”

(The crowd boos as Jenni Anderson, Marie Jones, Ginger Enigma, and #GingerAllison step out onto the stage. Allison has the microphone in hand.)

Allison: The way I see it there is NOTHING to finish. We beat you at Deadly Dreams!

Enigma: Merde!

Allison: We beat you at Survival of the Fittest!

Enigma: Smooshed!

Allison: And now, after we’ve beaten your bimbo asses twice now, you want us to give you yet another chance at the GCW Global Tag Team Championships?

(The #GingerCollective shake their heads.)

Allison: Not a chance in hell.

Engima: Nada! Zilch! Zippy!

(Jenni pats Enigma on her head.)

Hannah: What’s wrong? Are you afraid to put those belts on the line?!

Allison: We’re not afraid, Hannah, but we don’t have any incentive to put the belts on the line against you for the billionth time. Why should you jump ahead of the line in front of other teams on the Shotgun Brand so that you can get the title shot you claim you deserve, despite the fact that we’ve beaten you twice already? Even Allison Mayberry can’t justify it!

Hannah: You want incentive? Name it! We want your asses in the ring with the belts on the line!

(Allison grins knowingly.)

Allison: Name it, eh?

Hannah: Yeah, just name it! Anything!

Allison: Time for a #GingerConference!

(The five gingers huddle up and talk amongst themselves. Every so often one of them sticks their head up, stares into the ring, and then ducks back into the huddle. After a while Hannah and Destiny grow frustrated.)

Destiny: Get on with it! We don’t have all day!

(The #GingerNation breaks the huddle, giggle hysterically.)

Allison: Let me put it to you this way, we have fought you time and time again and we’ve always put these titles on the line. Now you want us to fight you again, and that’s fine with us, but the only way we’ll put the tag team titles on the line is if you put something on the line as well…or more precisely, someone…

Destiny: What the hell does that mean?

Allison: That means that if you win, you become the GCW Global Tag Team Champions. But if we win, then whichever one of you gets pinned or is made to tap out MUST join the #GingerNation! So that’s the deal, Controversy’s very existence against the tag team titles. What do you say?

(Hannah and Destiny look at one another and nod their heads.)

Hannah: You’re on!

Destiny: Damn right! We’re not worried about you! Bring everything you got and we’ll take those tag team titles!

Voice: Happy New Year!

[Shotgun fades in on a shot of Karina Lysenko in her locker room, looking at a picture of something unknown. Whatever it is, she doesn’t seem to be all that proud of it.]

Karina: Believe me when I say that I am so glad that 2017 is here. My personal highlights for 2016? Well, I joined Ginger Nation. The way I joined them was definitely fun. But… that’s about it. You see this…

[Karina flips the picture around, revealing that it’s a picture of herself, pre-Ginger Nation, taking a pinfall loss to Ethan Payne of all people on a 2016 episode of Shotgun]

Karina: THIS is what you people remember me as: the perennial loser, the woman who after losing to Travis Vessey became completely irrelevant. This was the epitome of my 2016. In fact, let me ask you all a question. How many matches did I win on television in 2016? Any guesses? No? I’ll tell you. NONE! My life and my career before Ginger Nation was a disaster. I even overheard some people in the locker room call me “the Russian Madame Santos”. First off, I’m not Russian, I’m Ukrainian. There’s a difference. And secondly, THAT is my career? Being compared to someone who hasn’t won since the Lincoln administration? I get it. I haven’t won a match since 2015, but I knew that I deserved better than that so when Ginger Nation had their open recruitment happening, I knew that it was an opportunity that I couldn’t pass up, so I took it and ever since then? While this is my first match in the ring since joining them, let me tell you, I have learned so much in the month or so that I have been with them and so, starting tonight… THIS…

[Karina pauses to walk to a trash can. She opens up the nearest locker to it, pulling out a lighter. She flicks the lighter on and ignites the picture she was holding in her hands, dropping it into the trash can and having a bit of a smile on her face as she watches it burn.]

Karina: ...is a distant memory! You have seen the last of the constant loser! Starting tonight, I am going to be a winner, starting tonight. I know Alice is a fine competitor, but Ginger Nation? They taught me how to be an even better one and front and center, that is exactly what I am going to show the world tonight. You people are fickle, believing that I actually was against them. I have to admit it was a joy knowing I had you all going for a second when you people never cared about me, never cared about my career, or never cared about what I was going through. But that’s fine. You will care when I rise up the ranks and become a champion and that’s what I plan to do this year: bring more gold to the Ginger Nation. I have my sights set on a title already and I’m going to be aggressive in making sure I get that title! Alice, you may be undefeated, but tonight, you are going to experience, for the very first time. a painful, bitter feeling I grew too used to: the feeling of being a LOSER!

No more losing! Time to reward the faith Ginger Nation put on me when they took me on and saved me from what I used to be!

[Karina has a confident smile on her face as she walks out of the locker room, ready to start the new year on a heck of a note as she looks to put the rough times of 2016 behind her.]

Alice (?) vs. Karina Lysenko

[This would be Karina’s first match on television in months as she sought her first GCW win in over a year, going up against the undefeated Alice. Alice though, was giving her a hard fight in the early going. The match was an evenly battled affair, as both ladies really looked to prove themselves. Alice didn’t seem like the war she won against Kordy affected her in the slightest, as she had her highlights that included a fisherman’s suplex, an overdrive neckbreaker, and a corner slingshot splash. But Karina had her own moments as well, showing an aggressive style and showing the world that she was far from the perennial loser that she was pre-Ginger Nation. She came at Alice with a flying forearm smash, a springboard lariat, and a butterfly suplex that nearly shook the ring at its core. Karina was certainly wearing out Alice with her powerful aggression, but Alice when she had her moments was outsmarting her with quite a few submissions like a bridging chinlock and a cross armbreaker. After a 10 minute back and forth, Karina was the one in control. She had Alice pinned in the corner. Karina raked an eye, blinding her. The referee stepped in front of her and Alice mistakenly elbowed him in the face thinking it was Karina. The referee stumbled, but didn’t fall, but his back was turned to the action. Karina took down Alice with a back body drop and removed a turnbuckle cover. Alice got up and Karina went for a clothesline. Alice ducked. Alice then Irish whipped her into the exposed steel, causing a pain in the spine for Karina. Alice went for a stinger splash, but Karina moved out of the way and Alice got nothing but exposed turnbuckle right in the face. The referee then had his eyes on the match again as Alice stumbled toward Karina, who kicked her in the gut, lifted her up and planted her with a pretty sick Tigerbomb in the center of the ring! This led right to a cover, and the referee, completely missing the exposed turnbuckle, made the three count, much to the surprise of some of the crowd!]

WINNER: Karina Lysenko

[Karina had a smile on her face almost instantly, ecstatic about the fact that she had her first win in GCW in what seemed like an eternity. Much of the crowd was booing her, knowing that she took advantage of an exposed turnbuckle to win, a fact that the announce team made note of as they wondered how things would have gone had she not pulled the dirty trick out of the bag. It didn’t matter to Karina, who was just happy to prove that Ginger Nation, had in fact, rebuilt her!]

(We cut backstage where we find Angelica Jones and her sister and tag team partner Kayla Jones-Snow. Standing between them is Janice King, GCW’s Hall of Fame roving reporter.)

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, I am here with Angelica Jones and the newly married Kayla Jones-Snow, better known as The Sisterhood. Congratulations on your tag team victory at the End of the Year Bash…

(She looks at Kayla.)

Janice: …and congratulations to you on your marriage!

Kayla: Thanks, Janice, I appreciate it on both counts.

(Angelica nods her head in agreement.)

Angel: We do appreciate it, Janice, but The Sisterhood will not rest on its laurels. We defeated Forgotten No More, we’ll defeat Wrestling Purity tonight, and we’ll continue to move forward, defeating any and every tag team that gets in our way until we have earned a shot at the GCW Tag Team Championships. It doesn’t matter what happens between the #GingerNation and Controversy, because we want to make damn sure that WE are the team that challenges the champs at the end of the day.

Kayla: The Sisterhood has already made plans on how to get there. Ideally we want to earn it by defeating team after team until Shotgun General Manager Allison Mayberry is convinced we’ve earned the title shot and then we take the belts. But outside of that, we do have a Plan B and that Plan B is called Civil War.

(She motions to herself and Angelica.)

Kayla: Both Angelica and myself will be entering the 2017 Civil War Match. I’ve competed in these matches before, Angelica has won the Civil War Match before, so we have a history in the Civil War Match. Third place winner will get a tag title shot. Now granted we’ll be aiming for as high as we can go, and if one of us happens to become the number one contender to the world or global title then that’s fine, but at a bare minimum we’re hoping for that third place finish because it will guarantee us a shot at the tag titles.

The show opens up somewhere backstage in the American Airlines Arena, an area relatively close to the entrance of the building if the scene unfolding before us is anything to go by… as the scene opens up to show Chantelle Chambers, Christy Hightower and Cody Lindberg-Knight making their way into the building, Chantelle pulling a case along by an extended handle as Cody carries two gym bags over his shoulders, presumably his own and Christy’s. As they walk down the hallway, it’s obvious they’re in the middle of a conversation and that the cameras only managed to catch them half way through as we pick things up.

Cody: “—but the cream always rises love, that’s what I were always told anyway.”

Chantelle rolls her eyes, not necessarily at Cody but more at what he’s said.

Chantelle: “And I get that, I do. But don’t you find it just the LEAST bit insulting that we’re being forced to wrestle people that are so far beneath us that they shouldn’t even be allowed to compete outside of dark matches?”

Christy looks at Cody, who simply shrugs. Christy smirks as Cody answers Chantelle.

Cody: “Can’t say I give two fucks one way or the other, love. Dix an’ Swift, they’re a couple of fuckin’ muppets right enough but I don’t mind givin’ ‘em a thumpin’ in front of a live crowd to be honest with ya. Nothin’ says ‘am that good’ than kickin’ the shit out of a couple of numpty’s…”

Christy: “Cody’s right, instead of worrying that you’re booked AGAINST Dix and Swift, you should see it as a chance to assert your dominance and show them why you’ll be getting the World championships back before too long. It’s a great chance to score a victory and look dominant in the process.”

Chantelle only sighs at this.

Chantelle: “I just find the whole BOOKING offensive. I was World Heavyweight Champion a couple of months ago, YOU’RE a former World Heavyweight Champion too, and how do they book us on the first show of the year? They throw us against the resident stoner-sex-addicts! It’s INSULTING!”

Cody comes to a stop and lowers the two bags that were on his shoulders down to the ground, before turning to look at his tag partner for the night.

Cody: “Alright, lets be serious for a minute love. Do we know we’re going up against a couple of fuckin’ idiots tonight who don’t deserve to lick the bottom of our boots let alone stand across the ring from us? Yeah, you bet your arse we do… but at the same time, we already showed that we’ve got a winnin’ mentality when we work together love, we showed that at the shindig at the of the year, dint we? An’ tonight we get to do that again, kick a bit of arse, show why we’re BOTH better than the fuckwit who booked this card is makin’ us out an’ show that YOU still deserve to be in the World title picture an’ I should be gettin’ my hands on that orange haired bint Harker.”

Chantelle nods her head in reluctant agreement, even if she’s still unhappy about the situation.

Cody: “Then let’s concentrate on what we’re gonna do out there instead of bein’ pissed off about the fact we’ve GOT to be out there, that’s what am sayin’! Them pricks in the audience, they already hate us… why not give ‘em a little extra REASON to, you get me?”

And the smirk on Cody’s face seems to send the message loud and clear to Chantelle, Christy smirking too as she nods her head. With that Chantelle nods a little more confidently this time and Cody sees that as his chance to lean down and grabs his bags again, so they can continue down the hallway. The camera watches them leave but doesn’t follow the trio and as they disappear around a corner, the scene fades out.

Wrestling Purity vs. The Sisterhood

[Chagev and Dionisia knew that they had a hell of a fight on their hands when they met Kayla and Angelica across the ring, so much so that when the Sisterhood were making their way to their corner, Wrestling Purity blindsided them from behind in order to gain an edge. The bell would ring and the fans would be quite annoyed by the actions of the former Executive Order associates. The referee did everything he could to even things out, but to no avail as the two were firmly in control at the start of things. They would then focus on Kayla after a bit, trying to separate her from Angelica. This worked for a bit, but once Angelica got back in there, the odds were evened up, and eventually the Sisterhood took control from there… and that would be all she wrote for Wrestling Purity once Dionisia was tossed out of the ring by a double clothesline. The Sisterhood would dominate from there as Chagev became the victim of a bevy of double team maneuvers including the Dual Dynasty and the Flight of the Phoenix. Angelica wanted to go for a cover, but Dionisia snuck back in there to break up the count. He pounded Angelica before Kayla broke that up. Ultimately, Dionisia took a Kaylan Wind Kick Times Two from both sisters resulting in Dionisia being literally kicked out of the ring. After that, Chagev recovered. Kaylan Wind Kick… right into the Hot Shot! The fans erupted for the Wind & Fire as Angelica made the cover on Chagev for the academic pinfall!]

WINNERS: The Sisterhood

[The fans were obviously happy with the outcome as Kayla and Angelica both got their hands raised. They drew some praise from the announcers for being able to overcome the cheap shot at the start of the proceedings at the hands of Wrestling Royalty and they begun to talk about how much longer it would be before the two of them would directly be back in the title hunt. The Sisterhood celebrated with the crowd as officials helped Chagev and Dionisia to the back.]

Alexander Midas is getting ready for his match with Katherine Prescott later on tonight in his locker-room. He plans to shut her idiotic mouth and move on from her nonsense. As he's taping his wrists, his activity is interrupted by a 'guest'... two of them, actually. Midas looks up at the pair, and sighs.

Midas: Do you mind? I have a match to get ready for.

Mike shrugs, and Dominic takes a seat next to Midas on the bench. Midas simply glares at him.

Midas: Personal space... you've heard of it?

Dominic: Relax, relax... I'm not your enemy here. Just wondering if you've given any more thought to my offer?

Midas: Do I look like I'm interested in that right now? I have a bimbo to humiliate... and you got your own issues with Vessey to deal with.

Dominic: Vessey? Pffft! Please! If he's smart, he'll leave well enough alone! I made my point, and that's that! Still, though... you and I? We could be the most dominant force here on the Shotgun Brand! Think about it! Every title on this brand? We could hold them all at once! Who could stop us?

Midas: Tempting... but I only have Prescott as my focus right now, so if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to what I was doing.

Dominic gets up off the bench and claps Midas on the shoulder... which Midas doesn't appreciate at all.

Dominic: Fine, Fine... I get it. But you need to get that this offer won't last forever. I'm offering you the chance of a lifetime, but it comes with an expiration date! So, hope you make up your mind soon... because maybe I'll start looking around and seeing if others might be interested.

Midas: Whatever... leave.

Dominic and Mike make their exit, Midas shaking his head at their retreating backs, and then continues preparing for his match.

Katherine Prescott vs. Alexander Midas

[This was clearly a personal battle between two wrestlers with a hell of a lot of pride, especially after the events of the End of the Year Bash. Midas was wanting to put a rubber stamp on things when it came to Katherine and Katherine wanted to right the wrong in her mind from last week. Neither one really had much of a true advantage. They would trade it back and forth, but it was plainly obvious that the two were evenly matched. Midas had both the edge in experience, and craftiness. Every time Katherine tried to take flight with some form of senton, splash, or moonsault, Midas did all he good to either block or avoid the move. He also tried to cheat a few times, using eye rakes and the ropes for leverage during submission holds, but still, Katherine couldn’t be put away. On the other hand, Katherine was able to counter Midas’s craftiness with her flashy repetoire. Her springboard and acrobatic moves proved to be effective, as Midas didn’t see a springboard cutter or a handspring elbow coming. In addition, Katherine was able to catch Midas with some deadly kicks at various points in the match to have him struggling to keep pace with her. Katherine and Midas were then at the top rope. Katherine wanted to try a sunset flip hurricanrana, but Midas blocked it before she could attempt it. Midas went to the top rope, grabbed Katherine around the head and… SUPERPLEX!

Midas and Katherine are both down on the mat, their bodies sore and tired from the brutal contest so far. Suddenly, a familiar song begins playing, causing the crowd to go crazy. 'Hells Bell' blares over the sound system, and Jason Redfield marches down to the ring. His face is one of intense anger.

Jason steps through the ropes and tosses his duster to the side, waiting for both combatants to get up. It takes a few moments, but first Midas, then Katherine, stagger up on their feet. Jason glares at both of them, first Midas and then Katherine... back and forth, until...

JASON DECKS MIDAS!!!

The crowd cheers this action, figuring Midas attacked Jason last week and hating his guts anyways. Midas stumbles back, and Jason decks him again, knocking him back on the mat. Midas gets back up, and Jason grabs him and drops him with the Sinners Requiem. Unfortunately for Katherine, the referee saw all this and had her disqualified for interference.

Jason kicks Midas under the bottom rope and out of the ring. Katherine looks at Jason, a bit confused but relieved... Midas got what he deserved, after all. She steps towards Jason...

OUTLAW LARIAT TO KATHERINE!!!

Katherine hits the mat, not moving at all. The crowd is shocked, and also confused. What just happened? What was going on? Do they cheer? Boo? Did this mean it was Katherine who attacked Jason? Jason mounts Katherine and starts peppering her with rights. When he's done, he grabs her by the hair and lifts her up onto his shoulder, before setting her up for The Last Heist. He drives her head-first into the mat, and looks down on her with malice etched on his face.

Standing up, Jason walks over to his duster and retrieves something from it. A hush falls across the crowd when it's revealed...

A bullwhip.

Jason uncurls the bullwhip, and brings his hand up and down fast...

*CRACK!*

The loud cracking sound echoes throughout the arena. Jason nudges the prone Katherine over onto her stomach, still no response from her. Jason takes aim, brings his arm back, and...

*CRACK!*

This time there's a response, as Katherines body jerks and she screams out in pain. A line of blood flies through the air and you can see a bloody welt on her back. He brings his arm back once more...

*CRACK!* *CRACK!* *CRACK!*

Again and again and again with the whip, he draws several bloodied welts across Katherines belt. She tries to get away, but she's in too much pain to do anything but scream. The crowd is getting uncomfortable watching this scene, still unsure as to what is what.

Jason doesn't seem satisfied with the amount of pain he's caused her, though... as he takes the whip and wraps it around Katherines neck tightly. He drags her to her feet... and tosses her over the top rope! Jason is hanging Katherine with the whip! He pulls back on the whip with all his might, while Katherine grabs at it, pulling vainly on it, desperate to get air.

Officials come rushing out from the back and try to get Jason to let go, but having little luck. Katherine slowly stops struggling, and hands there limply. Finally, Jason let's go... and Katherine crumples to the arena floor, taking in huge gasps of air. Jason, for his part, simply let's go of the whip, climbs out of the ring, and marches to back... not even bothering to look back. Medics arrive on the scene to check on Katherine. The show goes to commercial.]

RESULT: NO CONTEST

The scene opens up backstage and the first thing we see is Janice King standing by with a microphone but before she can even open her mouth to speak, a hand snatches it from her and in step the figures of Cody Lindberg-Knight and Chantelle Chambers. Cody actually shews Janice away and she shoots him a disgusted look as Cody brings the microphone up to his mouth.

Cody: “No offence love, but we don’t need no two-bit tart to ask us questions in order to get our ‘thoughts on our match’ across... so do us a favour and clear off, would ya?”

And Janice reluctantly does as she’s told, backing away as Cody turns his back on her and he and Chantelle turn their attention to the camera set up across from them.

Cody: “Look, I’m not gonna beat about the bush… if you want to talk about a waste of talent an’ ability, if you wanna talk about terrible bookin’ decisions an’ holding people back ‘cause they any gonna roll over an’ do as they’re told, then look no further than this team right in front of ya right now. Chantelle Chambers, Cody Lindberg-Knight, two former World Heavyweight Champions an’ two of the best wrestler’s not just on this brand but in this COMPANY… an’ we’re bein’ booked against a couple of fuckin’ tossers who don’t even deserve to be on TELEVISION, let alone facing the likes of us! That’s just this company all over; if you live up to this borin’ ideal of what they think a wrestler is then they toss chances at ya week after week, they stick you in the main event against the calibre of people WE should be facin’… an’ if ya don’t, well take a look at who we’re facin’ this week an’ that should give you a good indication of what happens when you ain’t one of the golden children!”

Cody simply shakes his head, but Chantelle looks simple disgusted.

Cody: “This ain’t what I came back for, no doubt about that… I made it pretty fuckin’ clear that I intended to go after Tiffany Mannin’ an’ take that X-Division title from her, only Isabella carrot-top Harker got there before me so I ‘ad to shift things around a bit. Same belt, different cunt holdin’ it. Harker can ignore me for so long but mark my words, I ain’t gonna sit back an’ let her keep holdin’ that belt when we ALL know that it’s only a matter of time before I get my hands on her, an’ that’s a promise… but ya know what? If I gotta go out there an’ embarrass a couple’a fuckin’ chuckleheads in order to make a point, then that’s what am gonna do. Me an’ Chantelle, we got no problem in walkin’ out there an’ showin’ Dix an’ Swift that they don’t even deserve to wash our ring gear let alone stand across a ring from us, an’ if these two pricks think they stand a chance then Dix obviously smoked a bit too much wacky backy before comin’ to the arena tonight an’ Crystal probably hit her head on the headboard of her bed a little too hard durin’ one of her fuck session’s an’ went a little loopy, ‘cause this right here? This is what dominance look’s like an’ tonight, we’re gonna prove it!”

Chantelle, still looking disgusted, take’s the microphone from Cody and looks into the camera.

Chantelle: “Tonight… it won’t be All Eyes On Me… it’ll be All Eyes On US!”

And with that, Chantelle tosses the microphone down and walks off, Cody glaring into the camera for a moment longer before following suit and Janice King steps back into the view of the camera, grabbing the microphone from the floor before watching Cody and Chantelle leave, a disgusted look on her face as the scene fades out.

As we return to the ring in the American Airlines Arena, the audience is hostile, as standing in the center of the ring is none other than the self-proclaimed "Pure Genius," Adrian Waters. Not in the ring with Adrian tonight is his manager, Clarissa Vega. The former Television Champion is dressed casually, and smirks out at the hostile crowd for a few moments before raising a microphone to his face to speak.

Adrian: "Thank you. You are too kind."

This seems to only wind the crowd up more, and soon enough a chant of "You tapped" makes its way around the arena. Waters shows a very brief scowl before shaking his head.

Adrian: "That's right. You sheep are all in your glory now. Nate Lawson defeated that horrible Adrian Waters...do I have that right?"

The audience confirms with a loud cheer that Adrian, in fact, is right.

Adrian: "I understand. Human beings are people of habit. They like it when things stay the same. Tradition is key. Okay fine, for some things. Where would we be without some traditions? But others? I've always been the type to want to shake things up. Eating steak for Thanksgiving dinner may not be scandalous, but why should I eat turkey if I hate turkey? This is the heart of the Utopia movement. People boo our ways, how we win matches and conduct ourselves in general. Why? Because tradition tells you to boo us?

Let me put it another way. I'm in good shape. I'm no steroidasaurus or anything like that, but I do keep myself up. However, my intellect, on the other hand...let's just say I am much smarter than any of you people."

On cue, the Miami crowd start to jeer Adrian again. Waters ignores this and soldiers on.

Adrian: "My point is, with my vastly superior intelligence, why shouldn't I use my brain to come up with alternative ways to win matches? Because some morality police who have labelled themselves the 'good guys' say I shouldn't, right?"

Adrian shakes his head.

Adrian: "I would have easily been the longest reigning Television Champion in GCW history if you and your morality police didn't make things impossible for me. Hell, even my manager fell victim to your traditional thinking...and that right there is why I did not win my title back. But I know how things go from here. I used my rematch. So, congratulations Mr. Lawson...you are the champion these sheep want and deserve. I don't have to like it. Just like I don't have to like the fact that Victoria Salinas is the new World Champion."

Immediately, the fans start to cheer, and even a chant of "Vicky" makes its way around the arena. Adrian only sighs before speaking again.

Adrian: "Of course you love her, and her completely moronic boyfrien...excuse me, fiance. That's something else that annoys me. I know there was a big stink on Twitter the other day after one of GCW's more respectable owners, William Blake Mason, accused Salinas and Austin of stealing their thunder. Of course, everyone made Mr. Mason feel like he was out-of-line. He's not the only one who felt that way though. Go back to November 26. Survival of the Fittest. Myra won the Global Championship off of that big mouth Timothy Myers. That night, I asked her to become my wife. December 30, Salinas becomes World Champion...the next night, skate-boy asks her to marry him. Do you even have an original thought Austin?! Can you even rub two brain cells together to form a thought?! Don't get me wrong...you two are made for each other...the mentally challenged skateboarder and the drama queen with an eating disorder...”

Before Adrian can go any further, he’s interrupted by the sound of “Turn Off The Radio” by A Day To Remember and the fans rise to their feet as Axl Austin casually walks out onto the stage, tossing a microphone in the air as he breezes his way to the centre of the stage and looks down at Adrian in the ring. The fans continue to cheer but Adrian looks irritated and almost bored as he shakes his head. Meanwhile, Axl waves a hand across his throat, signaling for the production truck to cut his music and his music promptly fades out as he brings the microphone up to his mouth.

Axl: “Ady, Ady, Ady… you know, I was stood around backstage watching the show on a monitor and I was all set to just stay back there and let you spill your bile in front of all these people, because like ANYONE with any common sense, the minute you start off on another one of your diatribes about how much smarter than everyone else you are, I just tend to shut off and leave you to it…”

The fans cheer, many of them laughing and Adrian just rolls his eyes in the ring as Axl continues.

Axl: “And you know… if you’d have just gone on as normal, maybe I WOULD have stayed back there and left you to it; we’ve all heard the shtick enough times to pretty much know how it’ll go by now anyway. You’re smart, we’re dumb, you’re right, we’re wrong, you’re big, we’re small and there’s nothing we can do about it… isn’t that right, Mr. Wormwood?”

Another round of chuckles come from the fans.

Axl: “In fact, I don’t really give a fuck if you insult ME either, because unlike you and that psychotic bitch of a fiancé you have, I don’t feel the need to jump to my own defence every time anyone talks smack about me. Talk about fragile ego’s! But you see bro, you went ahead and you fucked up when you decided to start talking crap about someone I care about, and you can throw around as many insults about me as you like but the minute you mention Victoria well that’s when shit gets real! So let’s get a few things straight, okay? First off, I don’t give a damn if you asked Myra to marry you a few months ago because no matter what you do in life, someone else has ALWAYS done it first and as far as I’m concerned, the only engagement that matters to me right now is mine and Vicky’s so go ahead and make these claims about how I’ve copied you or that I don’t have any original ideas because I don’t want your approval and I don’t need your validation.

Second of all, how the fuck was I supposed to know that our asshole of a boss was going to propose to his chick, I’m not a psychic. All I know is that Vix announced to the world that I’d proposed and she said yes BEFORE Blake and Bree even made mention of it and suddenly we’re stealing their thunder. Sorry guys, but I think it’s more of a storm in a tea cup if you’re going to accuse us of stuff that isn’t even humanly possible because nobody knew but YOU two until the point where you tried to paint us as the villains of the peace where your social media tirade’s are concerned…”

Axl starts to pace a little, walking back and forth across the top of the ramp as he continues to speak.

Axl: “But all of that is by the by, because the thing is, I planned to ask Victoria to marry me REGARDLESS of what happened the night before on December the thirtieth. She was supposed to get that shot on the twenty fourth, that show was moved to the thirtieth; my plan the entire time was to pop the question on New Year’s Eve, it just so happened that it turned out to be a DOUBLE celebration because the night before, Victoria Salinas became YOUR World Heavyweight Champion!”

Axl has to pause as the pop from the crowd is almost deafening. He smiles broadly as he gives the fans a moment before bringing the mic back up to his mouth to continue.

Axl: “And that just grinds your gears, doesn’t it Adrian? Not just because you lost your OWN title and that you couldn’t cheat your way to getting it back… that’s right Ady; not ‘alternative ways’, you CHEAT. Sorry to break it to ya. But no, that’s not the reason you’re hacked off bro, you’re hacked off simply because of who it is; you know that Victoria is better than you will EVER be and you don’t like it! You know that she’s better than MYRA will ever be, more reason to hate… in fact, I’d be fucking surprised if the truth was that you only dislike ME because you know you’ll never get to feel the touch of Vicky’s lips on yours, you’ll never get to sleep with her… what’s a matter Adrian, does Myra not moan as much in the bedroom as she does on twitter?”

Axl actually laughs to himself as Adrian yells back at him from the ring.

Adrian: "You're out of line now Skate-boy! Why the HELL would I settle for a classless, stupid, fat cow like Victoria when I spend every night with the most beautiful, talented, sexiest woman in the world? The idea of kissing or sleeping with your trashy girlfriend makes me want to vomit! I'm sure for a peace of useless trash like you, Salinas is solid gold...but to me? Second rate at best! You're out of your fucking mind! At least Victoria has the right to be in GCW...the one thing I won't take away from her is that she can get the job done in the ring. She's no Myra, but I'll give credit where it's due. You, on the other hand? You're only here because you're dipping it in Victoria! You claim you wrestled in the indies...I call bullshit! You have no place here Austin! Go the fuck home!"

Axl: “Wait…I'm out of line? Are you for real dude? Let me ask you this…what the fuck is stopping me from marching right down there RIGHT now to kick your fucking ass?!”

The crowd ROAR at the question and Adrian simply steps back and motions for Axl to do just that… but Axl simply smirks and waves a finger back and forth, clearly annoying Adrian.

Axl: “…but honestly, that would just be a waste of my time! See, while you’re out here complaining about not getting your title back, about the fact that the whole world is against you, I’m concentrating on the positives and what’s to come. I’m concentrating on the fact that I’ll be married in the not too distant future, that my career is back on track right now, that I’m starting to rebuild things to where they once were and… well, at the end of the day dude, you’re nothing but talk. You stand there, trash talking me and Vicky but that’s all it is. Words. So go ahead, keep going if it makes you feel better about yourself. But as far as I’m concerned, you’re not worth my time OR energy… you have a good night bro, I’ll give Vicky a nice big kiss for you when I get back to the locker room…”

And with that, “Turn Off The Radio” hits the speakers again as Axl tosses the microphone up and catches is, smiling to himself as he turns and walks to the back, leaving Adrian screaming at him from inside the ring as the scene fades out.

Richard Dix and Crystal Swift vs. Chantelle Chambers and Cody Lindberg-Knight

[This match would have quite the auspicious start when Crystal and Chantelle started things off. Crystal pulled out a wad of money and offered it to Chantelle, and Chantelle, knowing exactly what it meant, slapped Crystal right across the face. Obviously, in large part, Chantelle and Cody dominated this match. They gelled nearly perfectly together, carrying over some chemistry they had showed when they had teamed together in the six person tag match the previous week. The only times Dix and Swift were able to escape from their predicament was when they pulled their usual shenanigans out of their hats. Crystal tried to force herself on Cody and she got powerbombed for her troubles. Dix smacked Chantelle in the ass, and promptly got his head kicked off. There was even an instance where Crystal rolled up Chantelle and pulled the tights, giving Dix a view of her underwear, but Chantelle kicked out. The oddball shenanigans aside, Dix and Swift were far from a match for Cody and Chantelle and once they saw past the antics, there was just no stopping them. At the end of the match, Cody gave Crystal the (Inter)National Treasure, while Chantelle gave Dix the Beverly Hills Bomb. Cody then gave Dix a spinebuster for good measure and Chantelle proudly made the pinfall attempt for the academic victory.]

WINNERS: Chantelle Chambers and Cody Lindberg-Knight

[The fans booed the two of them, but they weren’t quite done yet. Crystal Swift got up gingerly, and Chantelle gave her the Nightly Knockout sending her spiraling out of the ring. The two of them then stood above Richard Dix to some loud boos from the crowd as the announcers talked about how once again, the two worked well together, mostly dominating their opponents tonight and taking out some aggression on them.]

[Shotgun fades in on GCW interviewer Janice King, as she looks ready to conduct her latest interview.]

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, scheduled to be here with me in a few moments is…

Voice: Oh no… no… I don’t care WHO you are scheduled to interview…

[The crowd boos as Clarissa Vega comes into view. Obviously, in light of certain revelations last week, she’s not wearing a sling on her arm anymore. Clarissa isn’t exactly in the mood to deal with any sort of nonsense at the moment.]

Clarissa: You’re not talking to anyone else in this moment other than me, got it?

Janice: Uh… sure…

Clarissa: Good! It’s about time you stopped being a hack for once. I got some things that need to be said. So, just interview me already and we can get this over with.

Janice: I wasn’t prepared…

Clarissa: I don’t CARE, just ask me something!

Janice: Right. So, last week, as you know, Adrian Waters wasn’t able to regain the TV Championship and there was some kind of miscommunication. A few minutes prior to the end of the match, Kacy Oliver knocked the daylights out of you and Adrian was yelling toward you to give him a chair situated at ringside, but you ignored him…

Clarissa: Whoa, hold up there. I didn’t ignore him, okay? What happened at that moment was that the crowd was way too loud, I couldn’t hear a thing Adrian was telling me from ringside. You think with all the people going nuts at what Kacy had done to me, that I’d be able to hear him at all? Adrian, as talented as he is, needs to take some responsibility. After all, it’s not my fault that Nate kicked out of his best move now is it? I’m NOT the one that tapped out, okay? He wasn’t prepared enough to counter that gogoplata and as much as it SICKENS ME to admit, Nate Lawson was the better man last week and that’s one of those situations where you can’t help it at all. It is what it is. All we can do is move forward.

Janice: Right, but wouldn’t that play into recent tension with Adrian? I mean, there appears to be a struggle with hierarchy when it comes to Utopia, with him believing that he’s above you on the ladder.

Clarissa: Why? Just because he’s fucking the leader? Let me remind all of you what Adrian was before Utopia. He was the third wheel in Best For Business, an unfortunate fate that Myra saved him from. I’m not saying that to pour salt in the wound, . As for me? I was ALREADY a two-time manager of the year before Utopia, and I even had led a former client of mine to a world championship. I was already somebody in this business. If anything, I should be the one ordering HIM around, but I’m not like that because I don’t have the military-industrial complex mindset he appears to have. But the bottom line is that I am NOT at fault for his loss to Nate Lawson last week. As far as I’m concerned, Adrian Waters needs to stop being a little BITCH for once and take responsibility for his own shortcomings.

[Janice’s eyes widen a bit as some of the crowd is shocked as well.]

Janice: WOW!

Clarissa: I am DONE with theatrics, Janice. I am not going to be a helpless victim anymore. I’m done with the swerves, the ruses, the cons like faking my elbow injury… it’s NONSENSE, Janice… NONSENSE. I need to remember who I am: a take-no-prisoners, unfiltered vixen who couldn’t care less about the opinions of other people. I was always quite blunt and honest a few years ago. I need to revert to that. I’m done being scared of people. From now on, I am going to say what’s on my mind, unfiltered, and I am never going to sugar coat anything again. If the Utopia members don’t like what I have to say, tough shit! I’m a Staten Island native, god damn it! It’s about time I started acting like one. If Adrian is going to treat me like THAT, then we got a problem.

Janice: And how do you plan on solving this problem?

Clarissa: Want me to show you?

Janice: Sure…

[Clarissa smiles at Janice before completely decking her right in the jaw. Janice falls right to the floor, holding her jaw in shock.]

Clarissa: Wow, I didn’t know being on the other side of that would feel this good. I’m not going to be fucked with anymore, Janice. Realize that quickly for your own sake, you poor excuse of an interviewer!

[Clarissa spits in her direction before walking off the scene. Janice appears to be numb from what just happened as the scene fades.]

Marie Jones vs. Isabella Harker

[Isabella Harker was looking for a statement win against a very game Marie Jones, who was looking to vault herself into the world title picture at the expense of the X-Division Champion, who also wanted to prove that she was a possible world title contender in her own right. As a result, the two women put on a show stealer as they wouldn’t let up on each other. It seemed like Isabella was going to take control in the early going, but a corner splash got countered with an elbow from Marie and as a result, it would be Marie who would take command instead. Marie know that Isabella brought a technical game to the table, so she specifically attacked and targeted the right knee of the X-Division champion, locking in submissions like a Boston crab and a kneebar in order to add some torque to it. Marie was also impressive with moves like a backbreaker, a swinging neckbreaker and a scoop slam in the early going, though she couldn’t put Isabella away. Marie went high risk, going for a splash from the corner, but Isabella rolled out of the way. Isabella would take control with a cutter and she slowly got up, favoring the knee. However, when she got up, she didn’t have time to focus on Marie Jones. That’s because out of the corner of her eye, she witnessed Allison Lorraine, Jenni Anderson and The Enigma coming down the ramp and Isabella knew that she was in some trouble.

Still, she tried to focus the best way she can as she maintained control while the three #GingerNation members hovered at ringside like a band of sharks. Isabella used moves like a snap suplex, a missile dropkick and a jawbreaker to maintain control, though she didn’t quite keep Marie down for the count as pinfall attempts didn’t get the job done at this point in the match. Isabella wasn’t fazed a bit as she was able to respond to this by taking down Marie with a shining wizard. She was about to go for a cover, but The Enigma slid in the ring to distract the referee, enabling Allison and Jenni to get in there and blindside Isabella, causing a two on one assault for a bit as Marie recovered. The referee would throw The Enigma out and sent her to the back, but the damage was done. Marie regained control. Isabella would tease a comeback, but every time she did, Allison or Jenni would find a way to bend the rules and help Marie slow down the momentum while the referee wasn’t looking. These shenanigans would end when Destiny Skye and Hannah Myers walked down the ramp and went right after Jenni and Allison, brawling with them and finally evening the score. Marie, experienced as she was, was far from distracted. Controversy then brawled with Jenni and Allison into the crowd, taking them out of the picture. Marie went for the Ave Maria, but Isabella blocked it with an elbow to the gut. Marie then whipped her off the ropes. Isabella bounced back, but on the comeback, she surprised Marie by vaulting her in the air off the rebound. Marie came down… only to get STAKED!!! The fans cheered as the Stake hit with perfect precision and Isabella covered to claim the huge win!

WINNER: Isabella Harker

[The fans roared with approval as Isabella got her hand raised after scoring a big win. The announcers praised her for it, saying that this was definitely the perfect way to start the new year for the X-Division Champion. Isabella wouldn’t get to celebrate long though, Cody Lindberg-Knight came down the ramp, applauding her in a sarcastic and mocking fashion. Isabella stared a hole into him, ready for him to try something, but instead, Cody laughed, turned and head to the back, revealing that he merely made his presence felt just to let her know he was aiming for her, and possibly the X-Division title.]

(Skuld is seen walking backstage. Her brother, Joey, rushes up to greet her.)

Joey: Sierra!

(Skuld sighs and stops walking long enough for Joey to catch up with her.)

Skuld: Skuld.

Joey: Skuld…whatever…we need to talk.

Skuld: No we do not. I already told you everything you need to know.

(She points down the hall.)

Skuld: Go. You have a championship match, correct?

Joey: Fuck the championship! No championship is more important than family!

Skuld: Joey…

(Skuld sighs and then she reaches up and removes her mask. She lets her face bow. Joey Michaels looks on quizzically.)

Joey: Skuld?

(The woman shakes her head.

Sierra: No…Sierra…

(She starts to cry. Joey immediately takes her into his arms.)

Sierra: He loved me!

Joey: It’s ok, Sierra. It’ll be ok.

(She shakes her head.)

Sierra: I did everything he asked and yet he never loved me. Never.

(She narrows her eyes in anger.)

Sierra: I won’t be hurt like that, Joey. And that’s why I still need Skuld.

GCW Television Championship: Nate Lawson © vs. Joey Michaels

[The first championship match of 2017 was sure to be a good one. Joey Michaels was definitely feeling pretty good about himself after he and Karen McBride got themselves some against the Valkyries at Survival of the Fittest a while ago. As a result, he was motivated and even caught Nate off guard. Nate was game himself, but in the early stages of the match, he was showing some wear and tear from the exhausting war against Adrian Waters he had fought for months. It was a clash of styles, but Joey had the advantage in the early going since he was quicker and had more stamina than the champion. A counter springboard elbow certainly set the tone of things for the challenger, and he would keep up that momentum with a butterfly suplex as well as a spinning heel kick to keep the champion grounded. Nate though, was not going to give up his title that easily. A missed buzzsaw kick by Joey gave him an opening to show the world why he was the television champion. A string of vertical suplexes, a running powerslam, and a crucifix driver were among the moves that Nate would pull out of his arsenal, though Joey was proving to be a tough out as Nate couldn’t put him away quite yet.

Nate would go with his familiar technical game, having locked in a calf crusher at one point, but Joey was able to get to the ropes. A drop toe hold counter by Joey was enough for him to start his own submission rally, applying moves like a Boston crab and a heel hook to make it known that he was NOT going to go away easily. Nate was able to get out of both holds, but he knew that the fight was far from over. Both champion and challenger then had a war of attrition, or more accurately, a war of submission. Despite moves like a sleeper hold, a camel clutch and a chickenwing, Nate was unable to make Joey submit, Joey would suffer similar frustration when Nate wouldn’t give in to submissions like a cross armbreaker, a cobra clutch, and a headscissors chokehold. Still, in the closing moments, the challenger seemed like he had it well in the bag as Nate was barely getting up. This match, ultimately, would be decided by one simple, yet fatal mistake: Joey went for a clothesline on the rising Nate Lawson. Ballgame! That’s because Nate caught the clothesline and countered it right into the Elite Gogoplata! Joey greatly struggled with the move in the center of the ring, and with nowhere to go, the challenger had no choice but to tap out!]

WINNER (by submission) AND STILL GCW Television Champion: Nate Lawson!

[The fans cheered what ultimately became a hell of a title match: one any wrestling fan would be proud of as it was a matter of one mistake that proved to be the deciding factor. Nate was handed the championship and he was satisfied. He left the ring and went up the ramp, unaware that Karina Lysenko snuck into the ring via the crowd and was stalking Joey Michaels who was slowly getting up. Karina sneaked up behind Joey and plowed him into the mat with a Forward Russian Legsweep. The boos drew Nate’s attention as he turned around and saw Karina in the ring above Joey. Nate bolted for the ring before Karina did anything else and Karina wisely split and started going up the ramp. Nate checked on Joey, while looking at Karina as she signaled that the TV title was in her sights.]

[Moments before the main event, GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas, title around her waist and all, is deep in thought in the locker room as she is now fully ready to go for her title defense coming up in mere minutes. She takes a deep breath, collecting herself, knowing that she’s not going to have it easy at all with Julia Braddock. She pauses her thoughts when she hears someone knocking on her door. Victoria doesn’t hesitate to open it and she finds a member of the event crew standing in front of her.]

Victoria: Yes?

Crew Member: Hey, Victoria. Someone is here to see you. It’s a surprise. Allison Mayberry arranged this for you.

Victoria: Oh, really? Okay. Sounds good. It’s not going to be too long, is it? I’ve got to defend the title in a few.

Crew Member: No, it shouldn’t be. Just a real quick thing, but I’m sure you’ll appreciate it nevertheless.

Victoria: Sure. Sounds good.

[Victoria follows the crew member out of the locker room and a bit down the hallway, leading into the outskirts of the parking lot area. Once they get there, the crew member nods and leaves her alone. Victoria looks around for what this ‘special surprise’ is supposed to be and who exactly Allison invited to the show tonight. Axl Austin? Too obvious. Marina Valdivia? No. Victoria’s eyes widen in delight at who this ends up being.]

Victoria: Get out!

Voice (off-camera): But I just got here…

[The camera pans revealing Jazmyn Rain, who draws a very loud cheer from the fans.]

Victoria: What are you doing here? I know Allison invited you and all but…

Jazmyn: I wanted to see it for myself, Vicky… you with the GCW World Championship around your waist. After all, you went through hell and high water to get that title back. I know I congratulated you on social media and all, but I wanted to stop by for a bit and do it in person too.

Victoria: Aw! Well, aren’t you a thoughtful one? Thanks Jaz, seriously. It means a lot to me that you took the time for this gesture. And hey, like I told you before, this is going to be you someday, when YOU complete YOUR redemption and become Global Champion again.

Jazmyn: True, but it’s not about that. It’s not about me. This is YOUR moment, YOUR title. You made it happen. Gosh, I remember when you were struggling during your feud with Tina Valentine and how you just couldn’t shake the stigma of your association with her. I also remember when I had to cut you off for a while because you had lost your way this summer…

[Jazmyn has a slight look of regret mentioning that.]

Jazmyn: But that was for your own good.

Victoria: I know Jaz, if the situation was reversed, I would have done the same thing.

Jazmyn: But all of that is behind you. You’re the GCW World Champion again and I have every ounce of faith in you that you are going to STILL be champion when tonight is said and done. In fact, I have every reason to believe you’ll be the world champion when Resurrection comes.

Victoria: That’s exactly what I plan on doing, Jazmyn. My goal for so long was to regain this title. Now? It’s to keep it to be back in the main event of Resurrection. As far as I’m concerned, my road to Resurrection begins TONIGHT and you can bet, Jaz, that I’m going to do all I can to keep this title from falling back into Julia’s hands!

Jazmyn: I wouldn’t expect anything less from my fellow NOEL BUSTER now… *laughs*

[Victoria shares the same laugh with Jazmyn.]

Jazmyn: It was nice seeing you again, and I’m so happy for you for regaining that title and doing so by sticking to your true beliefs and not relying on a mask.

Victoria: Thanks Jaz, it was nice seeing you too.

[Victoria and Jazmyn exchange a hug at this point.]

Jazmyn: Good luck out there!

[Jazmyn smiles and leaves Victoria alone to focus on her first title defense of her second reign as GCW World Champion, which is just moments away.]

Backstage once again in the catering area, Axl Austin has just snagged two bottles of water and is headed back towards the dressing rooms. No sooner does he turn the corner, he gets blind-sided by a steel chair to the side of his head! Axl drops to the floor, the water bottles dropped. He gets to his hands and knees, but is viciously kicked in the head...and his attacker is revealed to be Adrian Waters! Adrian kicks Axl until he is flat on his face, but Adrian continues to stomp him several times before grabbing him by the hair and looking into his face. Axl appears to be out cold, but this does not deter Waters from delivering his message.

Adrian: "Wasting your time??? Is that right, Skate-Boy? Am I worth your time now!?!?! I tried to warn you...you're out of your fucking league here! Out. Of. Your. League!!! I told you to get out. Maybe now you'll listen."

Waters lets go of Axl's hair, allowing his head to bounce off the floor. Adrian then walks off as medics and roster members rush to Axl's aid, and the scene fades.

GCW World Championship: Victoria Salinas © vs. Julia Braddock

[A week ago, the two of them put on an instant classic. Now, they had the task of repeating what they put together last week in the first main event of 2017 and the Miami crowd would not be disappointed. Julia came right out of the box, hoping to surprise Victoria but the new champion wasn’t fooled and was able to ground Julia right away. The champion had control in the early going, showing the same fire and passion that won her the championship last week. Victoria came out swinging, wowing the crowd with moves such as a shining wizard, following up with a tornado DDT, and a double knee backbreaker. Though she wasn’t able to keep Julia down for a three count, she definitely knew that she was in control… until she went up to the top rope for a moonsault and dealt with the indignity of said moonsault being blocked. Now it was Julia’s turn to show how badly she wanted the title back. She took Victoria down with a gutbuster. From there, she kept her grounded. Moves like a gutwrench suplex, a running bulldog and a facebuster weren’t doing Victoria much favors. The former champion also pulled some dirty tricks out of the playbook, trying to strangle her at one point, though the referee put an obvious stop to that. Julia appeared to be more adept at the high flying game this week too, being able to do a moonsault that landed her knees right into Victoria’s sternum. Despite her best efforts though, Victoria wasn’t going to give the title right back to Julia that easily.

Both had their moments in basically every facet of the sport. Victoria would have a high flying moment of her own when she countered a potential fireman’s carry into a tilt-o-whirl facebuster and a springboard plancha also kept Julia at bay. Julia matched her with a springboard shoulder block and a roundhouse kick right to the jaw. Submissions were also part of the match as well. Julia had Victoria in a precarious position when she had her trapped in a surfboard move in the center of the ring. Victoria however, seemed to have things in control in her own right when she had an octopus stretch locked in. Neither woman though, was able to submit the other. Victoria tried to get the Burning Victory on Julia, as she wasn’t able to lock it in last week. She wouldn’t be able to lock it in this week either. Julia had tried to lock in the Shekinhah Glory, but Victoria found a way to prevent that from happening. Victoria at one point had hit the Busaiku Knee, causing Julia to double over. Victoria went for the Burning Desire, but Julia caught her and powerbombed her at the last second, instantly covering but NO… Victoria JUST kicked out. Exelcis Dio! Victoria kicked out! Ginger Breaker! Julia kicked out! Queen’s Ransom… no, Victoria countered with a back body drop. The back and forth continued until Julia clotheslined Victoria and herself out of the ring. This created a very heavy brawl at ringside around the barricade. The two rivals, caught up with the moment, brawled on and on and on. Neither would return to the ring before the referee made the 10 count, much to the dismay of the crowd.]

RESULT: Double countout (still GCW World Champion: Victoria Salinas)

[Despite the countout, both Victoria and Julia continued to brawl and the fans ate it up until security came down to finally separate the two. The fans were booing, and their reaction wasn’t helped by the presence of JaMarcus Avery coming down to keep Julia separated from the fray.]

Allison: Now, there is no way we’re going to end the night on THAT note…

[The fans cheered as Allison Mayberry appeared on the stage with a microphone.]

Allison: Hey, I wish this match had a winner too and if we had some more time before going off the air tonight, I’d have this match restarted. But as it stands, I only have time to make the following announcements. Victoria, Julia, you WILL fight again and you WILL settle this at Civil War and this time, the GCW World Championship will be on the line in a Pure Wrestling Rules match!

[Allison pauses as the crowd cheers, Victoria and Julia seemingly satisfied with this announcement.]

Allison: But that’s not all… two weeks from tonight, you’ll both be in action. Julia, you will be going one on one… with AXL AUSTIN! But don’t worry JaMarcus, I’m not forgetting about you, because next Shotgun, in non-title action, you will be taking on the GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas!

[The crowd explodes with cheers at this, JaMarcus in particular being quite happy with this.]

Allison: Now, you all have a great night and Happy New Year!

[Allison turns around and heads to the back as security continues to separate Julia from Victoria. The two, however, continue to stare daggers into each other as Shotgun fades to black.]