I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

Madame Santos vs Jason Redfield

[Jason Redfield was finally back in action and he made it very clear that he wasn’t happy being the first match on the card nor was he happy about the opponent he was facing. As a result, Madame Santos, seeking her first win in over a year and a half, was absolutely dominated. Jason started off the domination with a wicked lariat and Madame Santos would never even get in the match at all as Jason proved exactly why he’s a multiple time world champion and a GCW hall of famer. All the crowd could do was watch and take in the beating as Redfield constantly overpowered Santos with moves such as the Six Shooter and the Vengeance is mine. Madame Santos would also fall victim to three piledrivers, a powerbomb and a sidewalk slam. After dominating for those few minutes, Redfield decided that he had enough playing games. Redfield floored Santos hard with the Outlaw Lariat, only to get her back to a vertical base and floor her again, this time with the Sinners Requiem! The crowd stood silent in shock as Redfield made the academic cover for the pinfall victory.]

WINNER: Jason Redfield!

[Redfield stood up to get his hand raised in victory but he quickly swiped it away from the referee. Redfield went to the outside, grabbing a chair. He slid back in the ring with the chair and placed it on the mat. Redfield then looked at Madame Santos, about to do more damage to him before Katherine Prescott bolted down the ramp and into the ring, jumping him and causing him to drop the chair. Katherine pummeled Redfield, causing some of the crowd to cheer for her, but Alexander Midas made his way to the ring and pried Katherine off of Jason. Jason crawled out of the ring while Midas lifted up Katherine and connected with the Golden Standard! The fans booed this as Midas stared down Redfield, who was backing up the ramp with a smirk on his face as the announcers wondered how the three could possibly settle their differences.]

Samuel price stands backstage, where we see Travis Vessey and his agent Trista Foxx-Porter, standing next to him. The crowd gives them a mixed reaction.

Samuel Price: Samuel Price here and joining me at this time..the Architect of Your Destruction himself Travis Vessey. Travis, thank you for joining me.

Travis smiles.

Travis: Wait, you're not Janice. Where's Janice huh? I don't think she turned into a man overnight.

Samuel looks confused as Travis places a hand on his shoulder.

Travis: I'm kidding. I know she's in a match tonight. First one in a while. And while it's not my business, let me just say this now, Janice, What you're doing tonight is admirable. Standing up to someone who's constantly badgering you, pushing you until you reach your limit. There comes a point in time where you just can't take it anymore and you have to fight back. We have a past, sure, but I just want you to know that I respect what you're doing and I hope for the best. Besides, someone has to interview me on a weekly basis.

Travis winks as the crowd cheers a bit,

Samuel: I'm sure she appreciates it. Now, two weeks ago, you competed for the Television Championship against Nate Lawson and some would argue you were moments away from winning when Dominic Bane interfered and cost you the match. Now,not only do you get Bane tonight, but you also will be in the ring with Karina Lysenko and Joey Micheals in a fatal four way where the winner becomes the number one contender for the Television Championship. What are your thoughts going into this match?

The smirk on Travis' face turns to a serious expression.

Travis: Let's just call it what it is, Samuel. I was going to beat Nate Lawson two weeks ago. I knew going in it wouldn't be easy and that it would be a great match, but you saw it.i saw it. Everyone else saw it.I hit him with the Vessey Driver. Nate Lawson was down for the count. And then once again Dominic Bane sticks his nose where it doesn't belong and he cost me the Television Champion. No offense to Nate Lawson, who obviously is a great wrestler, but right now, I should be the Television Champion.

Travis looks at Trista.

Travis: But I'm not. And it's because of you, Dominic. You know for someone who calls himself an International Conqueror, you seem to have a problem with actually fighting people face to face. Is that what they taught you overseas? Did they give you the international Coward 101 Book? Because here's the thing Bane, you and Alexander Midas think you're men against boys. Gods amongst men. But the truth is all you are is someone trying to make an impact. Where I'm at now is where you want to get. You forget one thing Bane, I AM one of the best wrestlers this company has to offer.

Some of the crowd cheers.

Travis: And Civil War season is when I'm at my best. Look at last year, look at the year before. This is the time I step it up and compete on a higher level because elite wrestlers rise up to the occasion. And I'm going to do that tonight. Fatal Four way. Look, Joey Michaels, I know how much you want this. Karina, my friend, we meet again. i know how badly you've wanted to be recognized. But no matter how hard you will fight, you will lose because I will find a way to win.

Travis looks at Samuel.

Travis: And look I get it. I've made mistakes. I know there's people in the back who don't like me. I know there's people in the crowd who don't like me either. And in some cases I can't help that. But what I can do is be the wrestler I want to be. When your tag team partner turns her back on you. When she stabs you in the back, it puts things in perspective. It makes you think about what matters most. And for me? It's about building to my legacy. It's about being the wrestler everyone in the crowd, whether they like me or not, can acknowledge is one of the greatest GCW has ever seen.

So now I have a smaller circle of people around me. I still have the benefit of great representation.

Trista smirks.

Travis: But most importantly, I know my aim. I know how I'm going to rebuild Travis Vessey, piece by piece. And it's matches like this. So here's the deal Samuel. I will win tonight. I will put Dominic Bane in his place. And then, if it's Nate Lawson or my former partner Christy Hightower, I will go on and beat them and I will become the new GCW Television Champion. If you don't like that Bane, you can cash me outside, how about that?

The crowd members laugh as Travis shrugs his shoulders.

Travis: In seriousness, Michaels, Karina, Dominic Bane..your dreams, your hopes of winning the Television Champion will crumble. Courtesy of the Architect of Your Destruction.

Travis nods before he and Trista walk off.

Nero and Skogul vs Skuld & Karen McBride

[With this tag team match, there was quite a lot of posturing and wrestlers trying to dodge one another as neither Nero or Skogul wanted to avoid Skuld at all costs. In addition, Skogul wanted to avoid her sister Karen. So, as a result, Karen McBride did much of the leg work for her team in this match not because she wanted to, but because her opponents didn’t want to deal with Skuld. Skogul would take some shots at her sister throughout the match under orders from Nero. Skuld would have to break a few pinfall attempts throughout as she had a difficult time getting in there. Karen eventually took down herself and Skogul with a vertical suplex which brought Skuld into the fray and she was definitely a house of fire, dominating Skogul while she was still in there. However, Skogul eventually raked the eyes and want back in to tag Nero who proceeded to take great pleasure in punishing her. Skuld was thoroughly broken down for the next few minutes, often finding herself in the middle of double team assaults by Nero and Skogul as the two who initially wanted to avoid her started to take great pleasure in torturing her. Nero seemed to have it with a powerbomb and Skogul hit an Asai Moonsault, but Karen broke up the count in the nick of time. It’d take a headscissors from Skuld to Skogul to get Nero and Karen tagged into the match. Things were in Karen’s favor and she had a tornado DDT ready to go. However, Skogul rocked Karen in the jaw with a set of brass knuckles while the referee was attending to Skuld. This enabled Nero to then hit a Jacknife powerbomb on Karen. Nero covered her. Skuld tried to break it up, but Skogul intercepted her with a shoulder tackle as the referee counted three.]

WINNERS: Nero and Skogul!

[The fans booed this, but they’d have another reason to jeer as Nero wasn’t done quite yet. Nero would serve to give Skuld a jacknife powerbomb and Skogul, on Nero’s command, added insult to injury with a springboard moonsault. Nero raised Skogul’s arm as she stood over Skuld, the fans constantly booing what they were witnessing, letting the world know that Skuld was definitely paying a serious price for going against Nero.]

[THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY GINGER NATION!]

[STATIC]

[The presentation is none other than Karina Lysenko sitting on a chair in the #GingerNation locker room. She’s quite confident in herself in light of how well things have gone for her lately as she begins to speak.]

Karina: People like to say that we gingers have this unhealthy obsession with the GCW Global Tag Team Championships and considering how we’ve been able to keep those in our possession the way we have, maybe you simpletons have a point. But, that doesn’t mean we should be limiting ourselves to the tag team titles right? You all forget that at one point in the history of the great Ginger Nation, we had the top two championships on Livewire when Marie was the Global Champion and Jenni was the Gingernational Champion. Unfortunately, Malcolm Cross and Jazmyn Rain had to change all that, but that’s okay. We are going to replicate that success again because Victoria and Nate aren’t going to last much longer with the titles they hold.

It’s the latter… that I am about to make my mark…

In a few minutes, I’ll have the chance to become the #1 contender to the TV Championship and to get there, I have to get by three men who everyone thinks is a stronger contender than me because of the fact that I have yet to really prove myself. I beat Alice a month ago, yes. She hasn’t been seen since. But not many people consider Alice to be a world beater and I know that you pigs aren’t that impressed with me beating Matthew Bowden two weeks ago. But against two former world champions and an up and coming beast in Dominic Baine? How is that for making an impression?

I know Baine has been dominating so far since he came here and he’s truly making his statement heard. But, he just got to GCW and since I’ve been here, I’ve had to sit back and watch newcomer after newcomer get their shots before me and that ends tonight.

Joey Michaels is someone that makes me sick because for a while, he was in the same purgatory as I was. It was my pleasure to assault him a month ago and remind him where his place is. I have had my run ins with him lately, but now it’s time for me to show him why his time has come and gone. How can he match up to me? The only thing he’s been able to do lately is try to save his sister and being unable to do that much.

And Travis Vessey… the narrative here…

How do I approach him?

After all, many of you would say that he’s the reason I ended up in such purgatory to begin with. Maybe I should try to get my revenge for all of this. But then, I tell my own story. I refuse to buy into YOURS. I am not playing the revenge narrative. So, do I rekindle the short-lived team that we used to have? No. I won’t do that either. Travis has yet to face me at my best and becoming #1 contender at his expense?

Okay, maybe a LITTLE revenge is enough! No matter what, I will be that #1 contender and bring home that TV title to #GingerNation. Nate Lawson? Christy Hightower? It doesn’t matter. Civil War, I become champion!

[THE PRECEDING MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY GINGER NATION]

[The show cuts to a video package and at the bottom of the screen we see the words “Earlier tonight…” pop up as the camera shows the arrival of Axl Austin and Victoria Salinas to the building. Axl carries his bag and Victoria’s as Victoria holds the door open for him from the inside. He heads in and Victoria leaves the door to swing shut as they make their way down the hallway.]

Axl: “All I’m saying is that these last two weeks have been the longest two weeks of my career… I mean, not including the time I spent out injured with a busted nut, but you knew what I meant, right?”

[Victoria simply nods her head.]

Victoria: “Yeah, I know exactly what you’re talking about… and trust me, I’ve been there a few times myself since I debuted here.”

Axl: “I’m going to teach that fucking ass clown just how big a mistake he made two weeks ago when he cost me my match against Braddock!”

Victoria: “Just be careful, okay?”

[Axl stops dead in his tracks and Victoria takes a few steps before noticing that Axl has stopped and she turns around to look at his staring at her in disbelief.]

Victoria: “What?”

Axl: “Be careful?”

[Victoria smirks.]

Victoria: “Aww… did I hurt your precious pride?”

[Axl frowns.]

Victoria: “Look, I didn’t MEAN it like that, okay? I’m just saying that I know you have limits to what you’re prepared to do in a match, but Adrian? He’s an asshole sure, but he’s also got no boundaries. He’ll show no hesitation if he gets the chance to hurt you, you know that…”

[Axl just sighs before starting to walk again and Victoria falls in line with him as they continue to walk down the hallway.]

Axl: “Trust me, after the last couple of shows, I’m not sure I have a filter anymore either…”

Victoria: “And what about the fact that you’ve got to carry Janice King tonight? I mean, it’s not like she’s an active wrest--”

[Victoria doesn’t get to go any further, because she’s suddenly shoved aside and Victoria stumbles into the wall but Axl goes flying down the hall, the two bags sliding away across the floor as Adroam waters comes out of nowhere with a chair to Axl’s back. Axl starts getting up to all fours but Adrian hits him again and Axl drops flat across the floor again. Adrian throws the chair away and bends down over Axl.]

Adrian: “So cute, thinking that you can function on my level Axl. I’m the smartest man in this company!”

[Adrian puts an exclamation point on his comment with a stomp to the upper part of Axl’s back.]

Adrian: “What I do, I do because I’m smart enough to realise that boundaries only hold me BACK. You? You’re dumb enough to believe that playing by the rules is the best way to get success… well it’s time for an education, Austin! It’s time for--”

[Adrian ducks out of the way just in time as a bag goes flying against the wall and the camera pans around to see Victoria now standing up, having thrown the bag at Adrian and he just gets to his feet and backs away smirking as Victoria glares at him. He disappears through a door and only when Victoria is sure that he’s gone does she rush to Axl’s aid. He rolls over to his back, wincing heavily as Victoria calls out for a medic and the camera lingers on the pair for a few seconds longer before fading out.]

Television Championship #1 Contenders Match.
Travis Vessey vs Karina Lysenko vs Dominic Baine vs Joey Michaels

[All four competitors were extremely hungry to get the next shot at the GCW Television Championship. Initially, Travis and Karina actually worked together against Dominic and Joey, with Travis taking Dominic and Karina taking Joey. Both of them would bring down their adversaries with stereo bulldogs before Karina turned on Travis and started to fire away at him. Travis would eventually counter, drilling Karina with a spinebuster and making the cover before Domonic broke up the pinfall. Baine and Vessey would then get into a brawl for a few minutes. Baine would win the brawl with a rake to the eyes followed by a running forearm smash that brought Travis down. Baine went for the cover, but it was broken up by Joey Michaels. The action focused on Joey and Dominic for a few minutes. Baine would miss with a clothesline, and Joey responded with a Pele kick. Joey covered, but Karina broke it up. She’d pound away at Joey for a bit, eventually getting him to succumb to a swinging neckbreaker. Karina made the cover, but Travis broke it up. Each wrestler would constantly get nearfalls as the next few minutes rolled along. The action would spill outside the ring. Travis was about to bring down Karina with a running knee, but Dominic clotheslined himself and Travis out of the ring. This resulted in the two of them brawling up the ramp and through the curtains, essentially taking each other out of the match. The focus would then be on Karina and Joey, who were evenly matched for a couple of minutes. Joey went for the Joey Effect, but Karina blocked it and countered with the Ravishing Red Drop! The fans acted stunned as Karina turned Joey over, pinned his shoulders to the mat, and got the three count!]

Winner and #1 Contender: Karina Lysenko!

[Karina stood up, as gleeful as ever as she was clearly happy with the biggest win yet of her GCW career. There were a few shots of fans in the crowds acting a bit stunned at this, and the announcers expressed surprise as well that Karina managed to come away the winner. Karina signaled that the TV title was coming to Ginger Nation, as the announcers talked about how she wasn’t going to have it easy whether it was Nate Lawson or Christy Hightower that she was going to challenge for the TV Championship at Civil War.]

[Shotgun fades to the catering area where Clarissa Vega is seen dressed to compete, but appearing to be quite timid and worried about what’s to come. Her nerves are really coming out of her as she remembers that her last GCW in-ring appearances from submitting to Lexy Anarchy and having her elbow injured by Victoria Salinas hasn’t gone so well. As she remains deep in thought, Adrian sits down next to her, causing her to be jumpy and gasp in surprise, much to Adrian’s annoyance.]

Adrian: Oh come on, it’s just me.

Clarissa: Oh… yeah… sorry about that.

Adrian: You mean to tell me that you’re nervous about this after what you’ve been doing to Janice King lately?

Clarissa: Um, YEAH! She’s not the only one I have to deal with. Axl Austin will be waiting in the corner too, ready to deliver his cheap shots toward me. I’m a defenseless victim here! For a trained wrestler to put his hands on someone who is a MANAGER? How is this right, Adrian? How can I not be a little nervous?

[Adrian lets out an angry, annoyed sigh as he covers his face with his hand, seemingly embarrassed. Clarissa is caught off guard by this.]

Clarissa: What?

Adrian: How stupid are you? Seriously!

Clarissa: Fuck you Adrian, I’m not taking this abuse from you again.

Adrian: It’s not abuse! Did you get the memo that this is a mixed tag team match?

Clarissa: A mixed tag team match?

[Adrian lets out another angry sigh as he shakes his head.]

Adrian: Yes…

Clarissa: So that means that… you can only be in the ring with Axl…

Adrian: Unfortunately, yes.

Clarissa: And that means that I can only be in the ring with Janice…

Adrian: Yes…

Clarissa: Which means Axl can’t touch me…

Adrian: OH MY GOD! YES!!!! I swear to fucking god, how in the world are you a two time manager of the year when you apparently don’t even know the basics of a fucking mixed tag team match? I swear that if it wasn’t for Andrea, you’d be the most dense person I’d presently know in my life.

Clarissa: Wow… I guess I was nervous for nothing. Sorry. I’m good. I know I can beat the crap out of Janice. I’ve done it before, I’ll do it again. She’s my personal play thing, you know? It’s quite fun. That pretty little face of hers is going to be broken, Adrian!

Adrian: Sure. Whatever.

[Adrian stands up and begins to walk away, much to Clarissa’s surprise.]

Clarissa: Adrian? Hey! Where are you going?

Adrian: To the ring for our match, you half-wit.

Clarissa: That’s next? Oh right.

[Clarissa stands up and briskly walks for a brief moment to catch up with Adrian.]

Clarissa: You’ve got my back on this, right?

Adrian: Of course I do. We’re unified, remember? I don’t need you to strike a low blow again, but whatever you can do to get us the win, I will get behind 100%.

Clarissa: Sounds good to me. Let’s put some annoying bitches in their place!

Adrian: Whatever…

[Adrian continues to look unenthused as he walks down the hallway. Clarissa is not too far behind him as the scene fades.]

[The show shifts backstage and we see Axl Austin walking with purpose towards the gorilla position. He clearly has no intention of stopping but the camera crew walk with him.]

Cameraman: “Axl, what’s going through your head right now?”

[Axl ignores him, marching on towards the gorilla position.]

Cameraman: “Axl, we saw what happened to you when you arrived tonight, how are you feeling about--”

[Axl stops dead in his tracks and turns, grabbing the camera and pulling it so that his face is filling the lens.]

Axl: “You want to know how I feel? You’re asking me stupid bullshit fucking questions after what happened earlier tonight, what happened two weeks ago?! Let me make this real simple; tonight, the ‘smartest man GCW has ever seen’ is the one who’s going to learn a thing or two; he’s going to learn what it feels having a foot jammed straight up his fucking ass! Now get out of my fucking way, I’ve got a match…”

[Axl shoves the camera away and storms off. The camera crew doesn’t bother to try and follow, just watching him leave before the scene fades out.]

Adrian Waters and Clarissa Vega vs Axl Austin & Janice King

[This mixed tag team match meant that Adrian could only fight Axl and Clarissa can only fight Janice. Axl welcomed the news with open arms as he made it his mission to get some payback at the expense of Adrian. Things would be evenly matched at first, but Adrian used his resourcefulness in the form of some dirty deeds to stymie Axl. This would only serve to enrage Axl further as he brought him down with a reverse backbreaker and hooked the leg, but Clarissa ran in to break up the pinfall. This brought a smirk to Axl’s face as he tagged in Janice King, making Clarissa the legal wrestler. Janice ran in there and had all sorts of fun as she kept pounding away at Clarissa who was doing whatever it took to defend herself. Janice tossed Clarissa around the ring for a bit before Adrian went in there and gave her a German suplex! It was Clarissa’s turn to get some shots in, as she kept pummeling Janice in the face until her nose started bleeding. What was supposed to be a mixed tag instead devolved into a mixed brawl, the referee unsure of what to do. Axl and Adrian really went at each other while Janice and Clarissa had a bit of a catfight on the bat. Clarissa took Janice down with a bulldog. Axl knocked Adrian down with a shoulder tackle. Clarissa went to help Adrian up, seeing that he was in trouble. However, Axl was preparing for the Ayatollah of P’Cola! Adrian got up, knowing it was coming. Axl went for the move, but Adrian shoved Clarissa in the way and the spinning heel kick drilled Clarissa right in the jaw, causing her to be knocked down. Axl chased Adrian out of the ring. Adrian backed up the ramp with a smirk on his face while Axl called him back to fight. Adrian merely turned around and walked away, abandoning Clarissa. While all this was happening, Janice slowly crawled over to Clarissa and covered her, the referee right there to make the count.]

WINNERS: Axl Austin and Janice King!

[Axl turned around and saw Janice getting her arm raised and a smile appeared on his face, albeit briefly, realizing that he and Janice had won the match. Axl though, wasn’t pleased that Adrian ran away from him before he could get his hands on him, but Axl was pleased nonetheless that at least to some degree, he was able to get some payback against Adrian. Axl helped a happy Janice out of the ring as the referee checked on Clarissa who was out cold! The announcers, while happy for Axl and Janice, condemned Adrian for his actions toward Clarissa as they wondered when Axl was going to get full payback for Adrian’s crimes against him in recent weeks.]

Voice: “So what now?”

The scene rises up backstage, where Isabella Harker can be seen sitting in the locker-rooms before her non-title contest with Chantelle Chambers. She looks up to where someone would be standing in front of her – but no one’s there. Instead, Isabella recites her own criticisms as though they come from another.

Harker: “You’re only Champion until Cody decides to take the belt back. You’re not going to amount to anything. You don’t belong in the main events. You should have taken Manning’s support when it was out there for you. You should have never abandoned Camelot. You’re not good enough to get on without Brittany Kayl. You’re just a waste of a roster space. You…”

Voice: “You don’t actually believe all that, do you?”

She looks ahead of herself, where Nate Lawson and Kacy Oliver can be seen standing. Harker sits up at attention, moving her attention between the couple.

Harker: “What? No…”

Lawson: “Then why are you sitting here repeating it all as a mantra?”

Harker: “I try to take the ammunition given to me by people to motivate me. It’s silly, I know…”

Oliver: “No… not silly.”

Lawson: “It has a kind of Arya Stark appeal to it.”

Isabella tilts her head, showing a bit of confusion, which Nate picks up on.

Lawson: “Arya Stark… Game of Thrones?”

Harker: “I don’t watch that…”

Lawson: “Neither do we.”

Oliver: “We don’t have a TV.”

Lawson: “But from the books… Arya Stark recites a list every day of the names of the people she was going to kill.”

Harker: “That’s… a little disturbing.”

Lawson: “Maybe a bit, but it’s the same idea. It’s a motivator.”

Harker: “Yeah, I get what you’re saying. I just suppose I need to give myself the extra motivation against Chambers.”

Kacy chuckles.

Harker: “What?”

Lawson: “You’re getting all worked up about Chambers. You know, we saw your conversations with Salinas on Twitter.”

Harker: “Public forum… yeah.”

Lawson: “What we’re getting at is your approach is all wrong. You have the “if” mentality: “IF I win”, “IF I beat her”, “IF this”, “IF that”…”

Harker: “Okay… and not wanting to dive in head-first to “when” is a bad thing?”

Oliver: “It doesn’t show confidence, and around here, confidence is key.”

Lawson: “No one gets ahead on “IF”. For me, I have Christy Hightower tonight. If I went in thinking “IF”, I give her an indelible advantage. And after last Shotgun, I have something of a chip on my shoulder as it is. So no… I’m going to retain my title tonight, no “IF”. Chambers is talented, there is no doubt. And yeah, beating her tonight won’t be easy and would undoubtedly be a HUGE feather in your cap going into Civil War.”

Harker: “You’re also in that… why are you here to encourage me if a win helps me in a match you’re in?”

Oliver: “She has a point.”

Lawson nods.

Lawson: “I agree. But there’s one problem…”

Harker: “Chambers?”

Lawson: “Chambers. Talented as she is, she’s also one of the most conceited people on the planet. It’s amazing that she hasn’t done any publicity yet, because that would put spotlights squarely on her. But she’s out there saying she has you beat. And no one wants to see her get any kind of momentum. It’s up to you to stop her.”

Kacy laughs again. Lawson looks to her.

Lawson: “What?”

Oliver: “This is now all three of Shotgun’s singles Champions wanting to see Chambers lose.”

Lawson: “Yeah, her head’s probably inflating as we speak. But Harker… don’t question whether or not you can get the job done. You’re the X-Division Champion… you can get the job done just fine. You just have to believe you can.”

Harker: “… When did this become an after school special?”

Oliver: “Probably around the pep talk.”

Lawson: “Sorry… I’m more accustomed to barking orders than I am to giving uplifting motivational speeches. Good luck tonight.”

Harker: “Thanks. You to.”

Lawson smirks.

Lawson: “Don’t worry about me… I haven’t relied on “luck” in years.”

Nate exits the locker-room, with Kacy watching him leave.

Harker: “You… you okay?”

Oliver: “What? Yeah… sorry. It’s just… well… you know.”

Harker chuckles, shaking her head as Kacy starts to follow Nate out of the locker-room. The scene shifts.

Television Championship
Christy Hightower vs Nate Lawson [champion]

[Both champion and challenger clearly had something to prove. Christy wanted to regain the TV Championship as she looked to make her first reign a distant memory and Nate, after last Shotgun, wanted to prove that he was a worthy man to hold the TV Championship. This would result in a fiery, passionate affair from both wrestlers as they were practically even throughout the first half of the match. Christy brought it with the high risk game which wore out Nate. Nate would counter with more of a submission game to keep her grounded. Back and forth this match would go. Christy nailed Nate with a springboard forearm smash, but Nate would kick out of the ensuing pinfall. Nate would respond with a Northern Lights from the second rope, but Christy would kick out of that. Christy would come back with a springboard bulldog, but Nate kicked out of the pinfall that would follow. Nate connected with a double underhook facebuster and he’d be shocked as Christy grabbed the bottom rope to break up the fall. Christy made a cover after nailing the diving high knee, but Nate rolled the shoulder out. Nate countered with a cradle suplex, but Christy was able to roll out of that and kick out. Christy had Nate in the corner, ready to hit the Follow The North Star toward the end of the match, but Nate blocked the move before it could be hit. Nate had the Elite Gogoplata in mind, but before he could start the move, Christy blocked it with an armdrag. Christy would then follow up by bringing down the dazed Lawson with a tornado DDT! Christy made the cover, but Nate kicked out. Christy then stood on the apron and measures Nate as he got up. Christy springboarded herself back in the ring looking for a clothesline but Nate came out of nowhere with a spear, catching Christy in midair and flooring her to the mat! Nate then slowly got up, bringing Christy up with him as the crowd went nuts and then brought her down with the Ultimate Spinebuster! Nate hooked the leg and the crowd exploded as he got the three!]

WINNER (and STILL TV Champion): Nate Lawson

[Nate had the television championship handed to him as he slowly got up to the approving cheers from the fans. He had a smirk on his face, but that wouldn’t last very long as Karina Lysenko slipped into the ring with a chair in hand and slammed it on the spine of Lawson, causing him to fall to the mat. Karina laid down the chair right in front of Lawson as he got up. Karina proceeded to nail Lawson with the Ravishing Red Drop right into the chair! After that, she picked up the Television Championship and raised it over her head as the crowd booed her. The announcers weren’t happy either, as they wondered if Karina could potentially surprise once more and become the TV Champion at Civil War.]

Backstage…

We rise up in our scene to where Chantelle Chambers can be seen making her way through the backstage area. There is a worker behind her dragging her bags, but not able to keep up with Chantelle. She stops, tapping her foot and checking her watch.

Chambers: “Come on… I haven’t got all day.”

The worker, sensing the urgency, hurries up to her side. Offended again, Chantelle pushes him back with her hand.

Chambers: “Hey… you knew the drill. Keep up, but you do NOT get to walk equal to me! ALWAYS a step behind… have you got it?”

Exhausted, exasperated, and confused, the worker nods.

Chambers: “Good, now let’s go…”

She goes to continue towards her locker-room when she is met in the hallway by Allison Mayberry. She stops, mildly annoyed, as she looks to the Shotgun General Manager.

Mayberry: “Chantelle, may I have a moment?”

Chambers: “What do you want?”

Allison looks a step behind Chantelle, seeing the worker tending to the brash superstar’s bags.

Mayberry: “In private.”

Chambers: “Whatever you have to say to me, you can say to… you know… ol’ whatshisname.”

Allison clears her throat. Chantelle relents, turning to the worker.

Chambers: “Just get the bags to my locker-room… and I swear to God if I catch you trying to steal my underwear, I’ll rip your manhood off myself! Got it?”

The worker nods in a higher octave, shuffling out of the scene.

Mayberry: “Pleasant.”

Chambers: “Look, I haven’t got all day. I have a match to prepare for that apparently 3/4ths of the roster want me to lose.”

Mayberry: “I know… I just wanted to touch base with you about some things going on.”

Chambers: “Like what?”

Mayberry: “First, the unanswered challenge from Queen Mamba?”

Chantelle can barely contain her laughter.

Chambers: “Please, be serious.”

Mayberry: “I’m quite serious.”

Chambers: “In what way is Queen Mamba even in a position to be challenging a wrestler on my level? I’m a former World Champion. My name belongs in lights, and if I have to face her, it drags down my name value.”

Mayberry: “I’d like to consider it you raising her name value.”

Chantelle tries for a witty comeback, but she can’t.

Chambers: “That’s a good point.”

Mayberry: “But don’t worry about that… there’s time for that. I want you focused on Civil War, and…”

Chambers: “And winning. Yes, I know. And I intend on it.”

Mayberry: “Well, not that…”

Chantelle rolls her eyes.

Chambers: “Are you doubting me?”

Mayberry: “Explicitly? No. But there’s something with you that I haven’t been entirely happy with, to be honest, and that’s your marketing.”

Chambers: “What?”

She reaches off to the side, where a desk calendar with Chantelle on it conveniently arrives out of nowhere and finds its way into her hands.

Chambers: “Is my 2017 desk calendar not good enough? It’s a best-seller! Merch booths have sold out of this every night! Everyone wants to be able to put their eyes on me wherever they are!”

Mayberry: “Hmm… gross. But that’s not what I mean. We’re going to be in Pittsburgh for Civil War…”

Chambers: “I know… don’t remind me.”

Allison twitches a bit, realizing she isn’t breaking through to the vain woman.

Mayberry: “Anyway, I want you to make some media appearances in town ahead of the show.”

Chantelle laughs.

Chambers: “I’m sorry… are you serious?”

Mayberry: “Look, what good is doing an event somewhere if no one is willing to advertise to the locals?”

Chambers: “So have one of your treasured stars do the dirty grunt work. I’m not a dirty grunt! I’m a top star! I belong on marquees… in magazines… front and center!”

This is the moment in time where a light bulb goes off above Allison’s head.

Mayberry: “I know… why do you think I came to you first?”

Chambers: “Wh… what are you getting at?”

Mayberry: “I need a top star to make these appearances. Can you imagine what would happen if we had someone like…”

Chambers: “Like Queen Mamba?”

Mayberry: “… right. Could you imagine if we had her make the media appearances? All that publicity for GCW would be because of her… you wouldn’t want to let that "overshadow you", would you? I don't think you see the opportunity here...”

Chambers: “I do love opportunities.”

Mayberry: “Going your name out there is something that just anyone is capable of, you know?”

This is the moment in time where a light bulb goes off above Chantelle’s head.

Chambers: “You know what, Alli…”

Mayberry: “Allison.”

Chambers: “I think you should send me out to be the public face of GCW. I think you should make me the person who tells these troglodytes to come out to Civil War.”

Allison feigns consideration, knowing full well that Chantelle has bought into what she was saying.

Mayberry: “I don’t know…”

Chambers: “No… I insist. After all, there isn’t anyone else more qualified. “All eyes on me” is more than a catchphrase and hashtag, you know? It’s a way of life.”

Mayberry: “Great… just, don’t call the people “troglodytes” when you’re out in public. They may frown upon that.”

Chambers: “Sycophants… whatever.”

The scene shifts away…

Isabella Harker vs Chantelle Chambers

[Considering some of the history between these two and the fact that they had met before at Deadly Dreams, this match was definitely personal especially with Cody Lindberg-Knight at ringside. This match started straight up and there wouldn’t be any shenanigans. However, when Isabella Harker took control following a belly to back suplex and an array of offense that culminated with a senton into a pin attempt that Chantelle kicked out of, that’s when the shenanigans began. Isabella was trying to come off the ropes, but Cody tripped her up on the outside behind the referee’s back. This would start a pattern that would happen through most of the match. Chantelle would largely be in control for the next few minutes, getting pinfall attempts following a swinging neckbreaker and a double knee backbreaker, but Isabella kicked out of both moves. Isabella had her moments when she would try to regain control, but every time it seemed like she’d balance things out, Cody would constantly distract her by either grabbing her leg, or hopping on the apron. It appeared that Chantelle had Isabella pinned after she nailed her with a shining wizard, but she was stunned when Isabella kicked out. Chantelle had a bit of a fit and argued with the referee a bit before beating Isabella into the corner. Cody went and grabbed a chair and slid it into the ring. The referee caught that and had an argument with Cody, causing him to turn his back to the action. Chantelle was looking to take advantage as she grabbed the chair, measuring Isabella as she got to a vertical base. Chantelle was about to swing the chair, but Queen Mamba ran down to the ring and grabbed it at the last second, preventing the chair from being swung. Cody saw this and pointed it out to the referee who saw that Mamba and Chantelle were having a tug of war over the chair. Mamba managed to wrestle the chair away from Chantelle and get out of the ring. Chantelle was furious. Isabella though, was at a vertical base. Mamba went to chase Cody up the ramp with the chair to prevent further interference. Chantelle turned around and Isabella was right there waiting for her. THE STAKE! The fans exploded with big cheers. Isabella wasted no time turning Chantelle over and scoring the pinfall!]

WINNER: Isabella Harker

[The fans loved this as Isabella got up to celebrate her win. The announce team talked about how Isabella had been on fire as of late, scoring a huge win over a former GCW World Champion, though they also noted that Chantelle almost cheated her way to a win before Queen Mamba thankfully prevented it. Mamba slid back in the ring to celebrate with Isabella after making sure that Isabella wasn’t cheated out of a hard fought win and keeping Cody at bay. Cody came back down to help Chantelle stand and back up the ramp. Cody was furious and Chantelle clutched her chest, obviously enraged at the way Queen Mamba got herself involved. Harker and Mamba stared the two of them down, not backing down from the tension happening throughout this contest.]

(We cut backstage to the dressing room shared by none other than Angelica Jones and her younger sister, Kayla Jones-Snow. Together they are known as The Sisterhood and they have made it known that they want to win back tag team championship gold but, tonight, they have separate individual assignments.)

Angel: So we’re booked…

(Kayla nods her head.)

Kayla: Right, and that’s good.

Angel: And we’re booked in tag team action.

(Kayla nods her head again.)

Kayla: Right again, and that’s also good.

Angel: But…uh…

(She shrugs her shoulders.)

Angel: …we’re not booked together as partners in ONE tag team match.

(Kayla sighs.)

Kayla: Yeah, but that’s ok. At least we both get exposure, and more importantly…

(She places a hand on her sister’s shoulder.)

Kayla: You get to face the current tag champions.

Angel: That’s true. We have their number, they know it and everyone else knows it, it’s just a matter of proving to the right people that we deserve a title shot.

Kayla: And if you perform well against the #GingerNation, that’s going to go a long way.

Angel: But you know what will go even further?

(She motions to herself and to her sister.)

Angel: If ONE OF US gets the title shot via Civil War.

(Kayla nods her head.)

Kayla: I agree and believe me, I’m preparing for the Civil War Match.

[Shotgun fades to the trainer’s room and Clarissa Vega is seen lying down on a bed, appearing to be knocked out still after taking a sick spinning heel kick to the jaw. The door opens…]

Doctor: She’s in here guys…

[The sound of the door opening is enough for Clarissa to open her eyes and awaken. She slowly sits up and sees that some EMT’s are coming in with a stretcher, causing her to panic.]

Clarissa: What the… OW!

[Clarissa holds onto her jaw and the doctor and EMT’s look at her, realizing that she is conscious and alert again]

Doctor: Oh… um… hi….

Clarissa: I’m FINE…. OW…..

Doctor: Clarissa, it’s probably not best for you to talk right now considering you basically took a bullet to the jaw. I was just worried that maybe you would have needed a trip to the hospital considering you were out for so long. Guys, it’s okay. You can go now.

[The EMT’s leave with the stretcher in tow as Clarissa appears to have an angry look on her face.]

Doctor: Okay, so let me ask you something. Your jaw aside, are you feeling okay? Don’t speak.

[Clarissa nods her head, knowing what the doctor is getting at.]

Doctor: That’s good. Are you experiencing double vision?

[Clarissa shakes her head.]

Doctor: Good. The prognosis is better than I thought it would be.

Allison: Is she okay?

[Allison Mayberry walks in.]

Doctor: No concussion symptoms, I’ll say that for a fact. I won’t interrupt any business here since it looks like you have something to say to her. I’ll be right back.

[The doctor walks out at this point leaving the GM alone with Clarissa.]

Allison: Boy, that’s got to be humiliating. All this bravado in how you treated Janice King and she ends up pinning you in a match. I’m not sure what’s worse: that or the fact that Adrian Waters basically left you high and dry to fend for yourself and pretty much shoved you in the path of Axl’s P’Cola maneuver there. I don’t even know why you’re still trying to make this Utopia thing worse, but all in all, that’s none of my business. Speaking of Adrian though, can you give him a message for me… you know… when your jaw is 100%... or maybe you can send him a text or something… ANYWAY, message to him next time you see him?

[Clarissa nods, though she’s not quite happy with having to deliver a message to a client she is clearly starting to despise.]

Allison: Let him know that in two weeks at Civil War, Adrian is going to go one on one with Axl Austin!

[The crowd roars in approval at this announcement as Clarissa’s eyes widen.]

Allison: Now, that shouldn’t be too much of a problem, should it?

[Clarissa shakes her head as she continues to hold her jaw.]

Allison: Good. Let him know as soon as you can. Now, all that being said, is there anything that you want to add?

[Clarissa’s eyes narrow in anger.]

Allison: Anything?

[Clarissa’s shoulders slump in annoyance.]

Allison: Okay, I’ll be honest. I’m having way more fun with this, more than I should. But still, are you sure? Is there anything you need to say at all?

[Clarissa narrows her eyes even more and flips Allison a middle finger.]

Clarissa: That’s all….. OW!!!!!

[Clarissa goes back to holding her jaw.]

Allison: Fair enough. Just pass along that message to Adrian, okay?

[Clarissa leaves the scene, and a quite angry and ticked off Clarissa Vega in the trainer’s room as the scene fades.]

Controversy, Angelica Jones and ??? vs GingerAllison, Jenni Anderson, Marie Jones and GingerEnigma

[Before the match began, the mystery partner was revealed to be Laurel Anne Hardy, much to the chagrin of Allison]

Controversy, Angelica Jones and Laurel Anne Hardy vs GingerAllison, Jenni Anderson, Marie Jones and GingerEnigma

[Naturally, Laurel and Allison were the two to start the match and Allison clearly wanted nothing to do with her. Laurel had the upper hand early and would keep pounding away at Allison until Allison raked her in the eyes, went back to her corner, and tagged in Marie Jones. Things were down the middle at first, but Laurel wouldn’t be denied. She’d hit a pretty hard backbreaker on Marie for the first pinfall attempt of the match, but Marie would kick out. Laurel tagged out to Hannah Myers. Marie would gain control for her team after a missed cross body by Hannah. Marie stayed on top of Hannah, barely giving her any room for offense, culminating with a brainbuster in the middle of the ring. Cover, but Destiny Skye broke it up. Marie went to her corner and Jenni was next to be tagged in. Hannah would be fired up when Jinxy tried to keep her down. Hannah eventually hit a scoop slam on Jenni and then a reverse corner splash. Cover. Jenni kicked out. Destiny would be tagged into the match next. The two were split down the middle, but then when Jenni nailed Destiny with a Tilt-O-Whirl facebuster, she covered, but Destiny kicked out. The Enigma would tag herself in, much to Jenni’s chagrin. This led to a minor disagreement, but that would be enough for Destiny to recover. A sitout facebuster did the trick, but Allison broke up the pinfall. Angelica Jones would be tagged in next, and she gave Enigma a wrestling clinic for a bit before she caught her in a surprise, roll up pinfall. Angelica kicked out. Allison returned to the match and Angelica kept the clinic going. This culminated in a running powerslam that Jenni had to break up. Laurel was tagged back in and she had her way with Allison for a bit, before a rake in the eyes put Allison in control. Allison planted her with a bulldog and covered, but Laurel kicked out and Allison went back to her corner for a tag. The rest of the match would see mass chaos throughout. Eventually, Laurel and Allison brawled through the crowd. Angelica and Marie had a mother-daughter brawl on the barricade. Enigma and Jenni were double teaming Destiny. Jenni came off the ropes to deliver a spear, but before she can attempt it, Hannah came out of nowhere with a devastating shoulder tackle. Jenni was out for good. Meanwhile, Destiny Destiny recovered and would eventually hit Enigma with her dragonrana finisher to score the win for her team as the referee counted 3!]

WINNERS: Controversy, Angelica Jones and Laurel Anne Hardy!

[The fans exploded for this outcome as Hannah got up to congratulate her partner. Jenni dragged Enigma out of the ring and up the ramp with Marie breaking away from her mother to join them. They looked back at Controversy, who were looking as confident as ever that they were going to come away with the Global Tag team Championships by the time it was all said and done. The announcers wondered if Controversy had Ginger Nation’s number!]

[Shotgun fades to the hallway and the crowd cheers quite loudly as Victoria Salinas is carrying the GCW World Championship as she makes her way toward the curtains. She’s confident, but she’s still not in the greatest of all moods considering the way Shotgun ended for her two weeks ago. She is, however, stopped in her tracks by Janice King, much to her surprise.]

Victoria: Janice?

Janice: Yes?

Victoria: You had a match earlier.

Janice: Well, I have to get ONE interview in tonight, don’t I? No need to worry. I don’t think Clarissa Vega is going to be messing with me anymore.

[Victoria laughs.]

Victoria: I sure hope not.

Janice: Anyway, if you have the time…

Victoria: Sure, why not.

Janice: Last Shotgun, you poured your heart out at how disappointed you were in Julia Braddock for, in your words “relapsing” to what she was before. I’m quite surprised you showed such compassion toward her. The question that comes to mind is… why?

Victoria: Why? Because I held out hope that maybe she’d listen to what I had to say and come around. I know, it’s a bit of a stretch to have that kind of faith in her, but I thought maybe there was still a chance and it was a gamble I was willing to take.

Janice: Of course, that resulted in a blindside assault that left you lying down at the end of the show. How do you plan on responding to that?

Victoria: Well, I am going to start off with some honesty. I made a huge mistake showing that compassion. I was trying to treat her like she was still a friend of mine that had inspired me to change my ways and see things through, but it turns out that I was wrong. There is no more coming around or turning back for Julia as far as I’m concerned. From this point forward, there will be no more sentimentality. The Julia that I had once admired and who I once saw as an inspiration for my journey to move on from “vainglorious” is gone and really, I’ve been fighting her with my heart JUST a little too much in the past few months. I tried to reason and get through to her. No avail.

Janice: And do you think that may be why you’ve been struggling with Julia for the last couple of months?

Victoria: What do you mean?

Janice: You did initially lose that triple threat at Survival of the Fittest, as you know.

Victoria: Right.

Janice: Then she had you laid out right after you beat Chantelle to become the number one contender.

Victoria: Yeah. True…

Janice: A month ago, she cashed in her rematch and you both fought to a double countout, no resolution at all.

[Victoria’s starting to become annoyed a bit.]

Victoria: Yes…

Janice: And now, two weeks ago, she left you lying on the mat again. Basically, she has been a real thorn in your side that just won’t go away. Do you think you can turn things around tonight? Do you worry that if tonight ends up being more of the same that the world championship is in serious jeopardy at Civil War?

Victoria: I shouldn’t worry about that, and that’s where I am going to leave it. As for tonight? With Kayla Jones by my side? And when you consider that two weeks ago in that ring I beat JaMarcus Avery? Yeah, I SHOULD be able to turn things around tonight. I am really starting to get tired of ending Shotgun on the mat because of Julia Braddock. It’s starting to become JUST a bit demoralizing, you know? It gets exhausting being humiliated by the same person again and again. Tonight, it WILL be different. Julia has stood tall at my expense for the last time! I will NOT let it happen again!

Janice: Lastly, what do you think about Aphrodite being the last Noel standing?

Victoria: What does that have to do with anything?

Janice: Julia isn’t carrying the Noel name anymore. What kind of effect do you think that might have on her?

Victoria: Janice, can I be honest with you on that?

Janice: Sure.

Victoria: I couldn’t care less. Why should I be worried about something so ridiculously unimportant affecting her in any way? Her name is her problem. My problem is her and making sure she doesn’t get the better of me again. I’LL be the one standing tall tonight, just like I will at Civil War! You can bet on that!

[A confident world champion leaves the interview at this point, to loud cheers from the crowd as we fade to ringside for the main event.]

Julia Braddock and JaMarcus Avery vs Victoria Salinas & Kayla Jones

[In a battle of two pairings that were at one point GCW Global Tag Team Champions, this was a main event that definitely satisfied the crowd. Kayla wanted to start things off with Julia, but Julia was reluctant to fight her so the heavy lifting went to JaMarcus in the early going. Julia only ever got in there when she was going to have some kind of cheap advantage, such as double teaming with JaMarcus or tripping up Victoria as she came off the ropes. Kayla and victoria, in spite of their mixed past, were able to work well together. They caught Julia at one point and gave her a double flapjack. Kayla had the cover, but JaMarcus broke it up. Still, the Republic WERE tag team champions for a reason and they showed one of those reasons when they had Kayla become the victim of a double neckbreaker. .JaMarcus covered, but Kayla managed to kick out. Victoria’s and Kayla’s next double team move had JaMarcus take the brunt of it as victoria hooked his arms from behind and Kayla went to the top. Kayla connected with a missile dropkick and the momentum of the move had Victoria quickly connecting with a double underhook suplex on JaMarcus right into a pinfall before Julia went in there to break it up. Things looked bleak later on when JaMarcus and Julia double teamed Victoria. JaMarcus had her hoisted on her shoulders in an electric chair position and dropped Victoria forward into a facebuster from Julia. The double electric chair facebuster would have had it had Kayla not broken it up, but JaMarcus would toss Kayla out of the ring and the Republic would tactically break down the world champion for the next 5 minutes before Victoria countered a JaMarcus powerbomb into an improvised sitout facebuster! This enabled a race to the corner that saw Kayla and Julia get tagged back into the match. Things were evened out for a bit, before Kayla took control. Victoria would recover in time to nail Julia with a Busaiku knee kick!. The fans cheered as Kayla went into the corner and set up for Kaylan Wind Kick 1.0. Julia got up and Kayla went for the kick. JaMarcus ended up taking the hard kick to the jaw by stepping in the way and taking the bullet. The referee attended to JaMarcus who looked like he was knocked out. Julia jumped Kayla, pouncing on her. Kayla fought back and kept Julia at bay. Kayla went for the KWK 1.0 again, but Julia ducked it. Kayla turned right back to her and Julia raked her in the eyes. Julia picked up a chain that was lying in the corner and decked Julia right in the jaw. Julia tossed the chain aside and covered Kayla. The referee took note of this. Victoria tried to break the count, but JaMarcus, who was playing possum, got up and speared Victoria out of nowhere. This caused the fans to be enraged as Julia got the 3 count.]

WINNERS: Julia Braddock and JaMarcus Avery.

[Julia rolled Kayla out of the ring and set her sights on Victoria who was clutching her stomach after taking the spear. JaMarcus walked up to her and hoisted her up for Julia to have free reign with. Julia picked up the chain she had used to cheat to take three shots to the face. Victoria looked like she was losing what she had left in her as JaMarcus lifted her up and threw her face first into the mat. The crowd was vehemently booing this as JaMarcus picked up Victoria and tossed her to Julia who was waiting in the corner. Julia connected with the Queen’s Ransom on the GCW World Champion. The fans booed this immensely, with a smirking Republic standing over the unconscious world champion to end Shotgun.]