I just can't live without you...

I love you
I hate you
I can't get around you.

I breathe you
I taste you
I can't live without you.

Monroe Jones vs Cassidy Haze

[Shotgun began with Cassidy Haze making her much anticipated debut in GCW against Monroe Jones and the fans were definitely in for something else. However, “something else” was Cassidy Haze completely destroying Monroe Jones who barely stood a chance. At the start of the match, he tried to be sophisticated, extending his hand to Cassidy, but Cassidy responded with a right hand square in the jaw. And that would just about do it. Cassidy completely wore out her opponent, beating him around the ring with various strikes and submissions. Cassidy eventually dropped Monroe with a jawbreaker. She then stood up, and measured Monroe who at this point was showing a couple of bruises on his face as a result of Cassidy beating him down with some strikes earlier. Cassidy grabbed Monroe by the head and by the neck and then brought him down with the Haze effect. The crowd was a bit surprised by the sudden aggression of Cassidy. Cassidy turned over Monroe and pinned him for the academic three count.]

WINNER: Cassidy Haze

[Cassidy Haze stood up with a sickening smirk on her face as her hand was raised in victory. She showed absolutely no signs of any rust, or wear and tear and she looked like she hardly broke a sweat during her match, considering she had dominated the entire thing. The announce table wondered if this was the start of Cassidy perhaps running rampant throughout Shotgun as Monroe was helped out of the ring.]

(We cut back to the parking lot area. A long black limousine pulls up to the arena. Melanie McBride is seen approaching it just as the back door opens. Karen McBride, her sister, steps out. Karen attempts to embrace her but Melanie steps away.)

Karen: Mel…

Melanie: Uh-Uh…no hug. None of the lovey dovey, mushy crap. Just business, yes?

(Karen sighs and nods her head.)

Karen: Right, business…

(The papers Karen had in her hand are promptly handed over to Melanie.)

Karen: …the paperwork you requested. Your twelve and a half percent of McBride Incorporated is back in your possession. This puts all four of the children back at equal stakes of the company.

Melanie: Thank you, Karen, but you are mistaken. Yes, my mother and father still own half of the company. The other half was supposed to be evenly divided amongst their children. Instead it was evenly divided between their three children…Blair, Stan, and myself…

(She points at Karen.)

Melanie: …and some whore off the street.

Karen: Melanie, please…

Melanie: No, you are not my sister. You are Karen Leonard, some pathetic prostitute my parents took pity on. You don’t deserve any portion of MY company.

(Melanie turns and walks away, not even noticing the tears beginning to form in Karen’s eyes.)

(We cut backstage where we find Angelica Jones standing by at the ready area, dressed to compete.)

Angel: Heading into the 2017 Civil War Match, The Sisterhood promised that we would be leaving with at least one of the three title match contracts. And when we make promises, we always deliver…

(Kayla Jones steps into the scene, brandishing the contract itself. She, too, is dressed to compete.)

Angel: …now thanks to my sister’s win in ring one and third place finish in the Civil War Match, we have a guaranteed opportunity to compete at Resurrection for the GCW Global Tag…

Kayla: No, Angel, you got it all wrong.

Angel: What’s that?

Kayla: You forgot, Dr. Henry Van Stanton announced that at Resurrection the GCW Global Tag Team Championship and GCW World Tag Team Championship will be unified, creating GCW’s first ever Undisputed Tag Team Championship. In other words, The Sisterhood will not only get a chance to win tag team gold, but we’ll get a chance to make HISTORY in the process.

(Angelica smirks.)

Angel: Right as always! And it’s appropriate because The Sisterhood is always making history and we look forward to making history as the first ever Undisputed Tag Team Champions of GCW. That’ll put us in direct conflict with Darian Andrews and Matty Graves, the current GCW World Tag Team Champions of Livewire.

(Angelica and Kayla both clap respectfully.)

Angel: Congratulations, enjoy the reign as tag champs. We’ll see you at Resurrection.

Kayla: But this also puts us in conflict with a group we know all too well, a group that has used the numbers game to its advantage all too often, a group that knows we have its number.

(Angelica and Kayla both nod their heads in unison.)

Kayla: Of course I’m talking about the Ginger Nation. You ladies are a bunch of fakes and bullies who give true gingers like myself and Angelica a bad name.

Angel: And to Marie, my daughter, I have no idea why you still associate with them, but ask yourself this question; knowing what they do and what they have done, do you want to still be a part of that? You are better than that, Marie. But whether you realize that or not, understand this, you will not stop your aunt Kayla and I from becoming the Undisputed Tag Team Champions at Resurrection.

Kayla: As for tonight, we look forward to sending a message through The Ginger Enigma and Destiny Skye. We’re going to kick their teeth right down their throat!

[Shotgun fades to the parking lot arena where GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas is walking into the building with the title around her waist, drawing some heavy cheers from the crowd. She appears to be in good spirits, having just retained her title against Julia Braddock last week. This good mood continues until she sees her boyfriend Axl Austin sitting on a crate in the middle of the hallway. Concerned, she walks up to him. Axl has a bit of an angry look on his face, taking in the events of Civil War.]

Victoria: Axl?

[Axl looks up at her, but he doesn’t react very much.]

Axl: Yes?

Victoria: Are you okay?

Axl: I only lost to Adrian after that bitch manager of his screwed me over.

Victoria: Axl, this isn’t normally you. You usually just move past things and forget about them.

Axl: When you get screwed over and lose to someone like Adrian Waters, you don’t tend to forget that too easily.

Victoria: Yeah, I get you. That was a load of crap, what happened to you. I know it doesn’t make any difference, but Clarissa did want to screw Adrian over and she’s no longer going to be here on Shotgun, so I’m sure everything’s going to be okay.

Axl: You can say that, being the world champion and all. You’ll be in the main event of Resurrection most likely. But Adrian…

Victoria: You’ll get that back and then some, Axl! He doesn’t have Clarissa by his side anymore.

Axl: I’ll be okay, Vix. You don’t need to worry about me so much.

Victoria: I can’t help it, that’s all.

Axl: Ironic coming from you, considering that you’re always the one annoyed at me whenever I worry about you. *laughs*

[The mention of this irony at the very least, lightens the mood some as this brings a small chuckle out of Victoria.]

Victoria: Yeah, I do tend to be quite stubborn in that aspect.

Axl: Like I said, I’ll be fine. I’m nowhere near done with Adrian Waters just yet. You’ve got a big match on your hands too. I know the title isn’t on the line, but you know Katherine Prescott is going to be a hell of a hungry competitor. She’s on fire after what she pulled in her match last week.

Victoria: I’m ready for anyone, you know that. We’ve been on this amazing journey together, Axl. With Resurrection coming up, I’m reminded about where I was last year in that event. Remember when we finished off Executive Order that night? That was pretty fun. But this year, I’m more serious than ever about returning to the main event of Resurrection. I might be world champion now, but I’m not guaranteed to still be when that event comes. Someone can still come in and beat me for that title before then. That’s my goal, to get to that main event.

Axl: No worries, I’m sure you’ll get there. Just focus on tonight, and everything else will take care of itself.

[Victoria is about to answer, but the pair is interrupted by an official that walks into the scene.]

Official: I don’t mean to interrupt this conversation, but Victoria, this concerns you.

[Victoria acts confused, unsure of what to make of this.]

Victoria: What’s going on?

Official: Don’t stress too much. Just business stuff, mostly. Allison Mayberry needs to see you in her office whenever you get the chance.

Victoria: Alright, I’ll be sure to stop by.

[The official nods and walks away and Victoria turns back to Axl.]

Victoria: I guess business is business. I need to go. You take care of yourself, alright?

Axl: Like I said, no need to worry about me!

[Victoria at this point continues walking down the hallway in the direction of Allison Mayberry’s office. She’s both concerned about Axl at the moment as well as curious as to what the GM has to say, as the scene fades.]

Sergei Chagev vs Karina Lysenko

[Karina was extremely furious coming into this match and facing someone like Sergei Chagev certainly didn’t help matters. Chagev came charging at her with a shoulder block, which knocked Karina down. Chagev tried taunting her as she got up, which only heightened her fury. Chagev then shoved her down to the mat, pissing her off further. That, by the way, would be the only offense Chagev would get in this match. Karina got up. Chagev missed with a clothesline. Karina came back with a spinning heel kick right to the jaw and it would be all Karina from there as she pounced on Chagev, punching the daylights out of him before the referee got in there to break things up. Still, that didn’t stop Karina from dominating the match, bringing down Chagev and breaking him down with moves like a swinging neckbreaker, a hurricanrana bomb and a Forward Russian Legsweep. After the last move, the Ginger Nation member decided that she was done playing around. Karina got Chagev up to a vertical base and then brought him down with the Ravishing Red Drop. Forget about it! Karina turned Chagev over and got the academic pinfall with a look of fury on her face, almost as if she was in an angry trance.]

WINNER: Karina Lysenko

[Karina got up, but rather than be happy with victory as usual, she got really upset and angry. She low blowed the referee and left the ring, grabbing a chair. Karina slid the chair into the ring and got inside herself. Chagev turned around and… SPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE! In essence, Karina was taking out her Civil War frustrations. She picked up the chair and Chagev found his way up again. Karina smacked him right in the skull with the chair, busting him open. Karina pounced on Chagev and started to strangle him, but Emanuel Dionisia, along with security, came out. Karina took the chair and slid out of the ring. Security attended to Chagev while Karina proudly raised the chair, complete with a dent, up in the air in pride, the announce team wondering what was wrong with her.]

(We cut backstage to the #GingerNation dressing room. Inside we find #GingerAllison pacing the floor addressing The Ginger Enigma and Destiny Skye, who are seated side by side on a bench. Enigma has a dumb smile on her face while Destiny, by contrast, looks thoroughly annoyed by this whole ordeal.)

Allison: Henry Van Stanton threw us a curveball by announcing that both sets of the tag team titles would be unified at Resurrection. If it were just the #GingerNation against Darian Andrews and Matty Graves that would be one thing. That’s a fair and just one on one match. But to throw The Sisterhood in it as well…

(She shakes her head.)

Allison: …unfair!

Destiny: How the hell is it unfair? They earned the right when Kayla placed third in the Civil War Match!

Allison: Do not question me, Destiny! Yours is but to do and die!

(Destiny stands up face to face with Allison.)

Destiny: The quote of Alfred Lord Tennyson is OURS is but to do and die, which brings up my whole problem with you and this situation. This is supposed to be a team effort and you’re making me into the foot soldier!

Allison: We all have a role to play. That is yours.

Destiny: And what is your role? Or the role of my other so-called #GingerFriends who are conveniently not here right now? Are the rest of you going to jump Angelica and Kayla from behind tonight in an effort to soften them up for Resurrection?

(Allison rears back and slaps Destiny across the face.)

Allison: What we do is none of your concern! Just do your job! You are a #GingerNation member now! Start acting like it!

Destiny: You mean start acting like Jinxy…Karina…and you? Start acting like a bunch of mean girls rejects with fake red hair? You’re not even real gingers. None of you are except Marie and Enigma here.

Allison: It doesn’t matter, Destiny. You’re a ginger now whether you like it or not. It’s easier if you just accept it.

Destiny: Spoken like a true weakling who has endured Stockholm syndrome. Ironic, isn’t it, that I’m in the position you were once in? #GingerNation once forced you to join and forced you to do their bidding. Now they’re doing the same thing to me, the only difference is that they broke you. Come to think of it, #GingerNation also took friends of ours. By assimilating me they took Hannah Myers from me. By assimilating you, they took Laurel Anne Hardy from you. Therein lies another difference between you and I, Controversy may be dead and I may be a member of #GingerNation, but I am not letting them dictate who my friends are. Hannah is still my friend, yet you have been broken and Laurel is no longer your friend simply because they told you she’s not your friend?

(Allison seems genuinely touched by this. She turns away so that Destiny won’t see the look of shame on her face as she realizes Destiny is right. But Destiny does get the impression that she is getting through to Allison and pressures her all the more.)

Destiny: Come on, Allison, I know the old Allison Lorraine is still there somewhere. #GingerNation is powerful but not powerful enough to kill that Latina pride, and I know Allison is a tough bitch, too tough to be gone for good. Somewhere underneath all that ginger is the old Allison.

Allison: I’m sorry, Destiny, but…

(She sighs.)

Allison: …that Allison is gone. I am #GingerAllison and I am yummy! Now Enigma, if you would, please make sure our newest #GingerNation member is ready for your tag match tonight.

Enigma: Smooshed!

Allison: I’ll take that as an affirmative.

(With that, Allison exits the dressing room.)

(Shotgun returns from commercial with Melanie McBride having made her way to the ring, already having heat from the fans with how she treated her own sister earlier)

Melanie: It is time for everyone to pay their respects to the ultimate evolution of Melanie McBride.

(The crowd boos but Melanie just chuckles.)

Melanie: Oh you will respect me, just as everyone else on the Shotgun roster will respect me. But more importantly you will all respect my master and The Nero Organization. Skuld learned that lesson at Civil War.

(She nods her head.)

Melanie: Our master gave us a chance, Sierra, a chance to evolve and become something greater. I no longer require the mask because I have evolved. I have learned the ruthless aggression required to achieve the end game. Master offered you the same thing, Sierra, but what went wrong? You became weak…

(She smirks.)

Melanie: ...weak in the knees. You let that pathetic emotion known as LOVE cloud your mind. Master has evolved beyond emotions, just as I have evolved beyond emotions. But you fell in love and now you hide behind the mask to protect yourself from the emotional pain. That is why you lost at Civil War, because you were weak.

(Melanie hands the mic to Nero.)

Nero: Sierra! If there is one thing I should thank you for, it’s bringing Melanie to me. She has proven she is on the right path to becoming everything that I envisioned. I gave her purpose. I gave her a reason to live. And through me she has reclaimed everything that belongs to her, for she is the rightful heir to the McBride legacy her sister Karen tried to steal from her.

You could have claimed what rightfully belongs to you as well. Look how your brothers have made a mockery out of your family name. Part of me is flattered you fell in love with me, that wasn’t the point. That was never the goal, Sierra. For I created the persona you are using to hide from your hurt feelings. Right here, right now is the day I take Skuld back. I want Skuld destroyed. In the process, so will you. Sierra, Skuld, I don’t care which one of you walks down to the ring right now. I am taking back what I gave you Sierra. I want Skuld back. What happens to you Sierra is of no consequence. You had a chance to come home. Tonight, I give Melanie what she wants, both of your destruction. Come here, woman!

(“Lux Aeterna” begins to play, signaling the arrival of Skuld. She steps through the curtain all alone, staring down Nero and Melanie from behind her mask. Slowly she makes her way down towards the ring. When she reaches the ring she slithers into the ring from underneath the bottom rope. She stands up and faces them both down.)

Nero: Good girl. Sierra. I wanted things to be different. Your choice to abandon your family after hearing Melanie is my number one girl brought you to this moment. It’ll be easier if you don’t fight back, it will make the pain wash away much faster. I am a generous man, even now, I will give you the chance to say your final words. More than you deserve. I am only doing this to show you that I did care about you. Go ahead. Speak.

(Nero hands the mic to Skuld/Sierra.)

Skuld: Even now Sierra still loves you, but I will protect her even at the cost of my own body. But you are wrong about one thing, my former master. I do not walk alone in this quest.

(Nero looks at Melanie. Both of them laugh not believing the words of Skuld. Just as they are about to attack the lights go out. They remain off for roughly thirty seconds. The lights come back on, its JEFFERSON BENTLEY. The crowd goes silent not believing what they are seeing. Nero grabs Melanie by the arm to usher her towards the ropes clearly not thrilled by the latest development. Both him and Melanie slide out the ring. Skuld hands Jefferson the mic.)

Jefferson: I warned you Imposter that I was coming. Listening isn’t your strong suit. As you stand by your woman in fear of me, allow me to paint this picture so we are on the same page. The Organization which you represent abandoned me. Nero wasn’t just a fancy name, that name was my entire life. I rarely talk about this. In order to paint an accurate picture, I will. I was kidnapped at an early age. I was raised by a woman who is very much a fabric of your organization. She went to jail, served her time. Stockholm syndrome is a very real thing. Physically I was free, mentally, nope, I wasn’t. So I ran back to her. I was given the title of Nero. I was raised to be what you mistakenly call yourself. Being Nero, the name Nero, is my life. It is who I AM. Not you, Imposter. So, what is going to happen Imposter, me and Skuld. I prefer the name Skuld if you don’t mind my dear.

(He hands the mic to her so she can speak.)

Skuld: Skuld is my name, Mr. Bentley, or do you prefer Nero?

(Jefferson brings the mic back to him.)

Jefferson: Jefferson is fine for the time being. Perhaps I’ll go by my birth name until my end of days. All I care about is the man outside the ring cowering from us never goes by the name Nero again. And if I have my way, there will be no more Nero’s after you. I will never know what a normal life feels like again. I suppose this is my version of normal, that is the one thing the Organization taught me, life is subjective. Here is how things are going to play out, this will not end Imposter until you cease to exist. Relax, I don’t plan to kill you, literally. I plan to give you in a metaphorical way. When this is all said and done, you will be the last in the line of Nero’s, Skuld will get what she wants, not Melanie. Whether I decide to go back into my nice quiet place is a decision for another time. Don’t make this boring for me, Imposter. Ask anyone in The Organization, you won’t like me when I’m bored.

(Jefferson hands the mic back to Skuld.)

Skuld: Jefferson’s passion emboldened me, former master.

(She tears off her mask and tosses it aside.)

Sierra: His normal was twisted. His mind was twisted. So was mine! You gave me a split personality! Oh but I revel in my friend Skuld, my protector. Jefferson and I perhaps have more in common than you’d imagine. It will end with YOU, former master! And Melanie, you speak of evolution…

(She shakes her head.)

Sierra: You’re the weak one because you still call him master. But what will you do after we destroy him?

(Sierra drops the mic letting the question linger. Having heard enough, Nero grabs Melanie by the arm as they storm to the back. Sierra and Jefferson stare at them as the scene fades.)

Japan…

Chantelle Chambers can be seen sitting inside a studio in the city of Yokohama. There is a swarm of photographers around her, all snapping various pictures of the Beverly Hills Bombshell. Of course, the woman is in her element: all eyes (and all cameras) are on her. She poses, she gives quick, witty quotes to the laughter and amusement of the gathered media representatives…

She generally appears to be a whole different person.

Then, someone asks a single question…

Interviewer: “What are your plans for Resurrection?”

Chantelle’s demeanor changes. She isn’t quite so happy. The glimmer that had been in her eye is extinguished. She glares at the interviewer.

Chambers: “Resurrection?”

Interviewer: “Yeah… It is the biggest show of the year for GCW. What do you have in store for it?”

Finally, a bitter smile crawls onto the woman’s face.

Chambers: “The biggest show of the year. I am clearly one of the biggest stars of GCW, so I should have a big part of the show, right? I mean, a year ago, I won the X-Division Championship back, righting a major screwjob that had stolen the title from me. A year ago, I ended Resurrection weekend with the GCW World Championship… a belt I would officially win shortly thereafter and hold longer than ANYONE else had ever held before. In all rights, Resurrection should be about me, right?”

Interviewer: “There’s definitely an argument to be made.”

Chambers: “So then how do you think I feel knowing that MY SPOT is being held by a woman who only got that far because of a petulant CHILD going into business for herself. She caused harm not only to me… I’ll survive because I’m that good… but to GCW as a whole. She’s young and stupid, so she doesn’t understand anything beyond her own petty ego. But I’ll teach her. Oh… I will teach her good!”

Chantelle nods.

Chambers: “And I hope… I HOPE that Isabella Harker does the right thing and goes after Tim Myers, because I DESERVE the right to challenge for the World Championship at Resurrection! I am MONEY! I am best for business! And I am never going to stop pushing until I take back what I never should have had STOLEN from me!”

The scene fades

Non Title Match.
The Sisterhood vs Ginger Enigma & Destiny Skye.

[Destiny and Angelica were in the ring to start the match and there was an aura of curiosity over this match as to how Destiny was going to get along with her new Ginger Nation teammates. While Destiny wasn’t a fan of her situation, she did give it her best against Angelica and Kayla who were definitely game as well. Of course, as one would expect, it wasn’t long before Jenni Anderson and Allison Lorraine got involved. More to the annoyance of everyone involved, the freebird rule came into effect as Jenni and Allison constantly tagged themselves in at Destiny’s expense. Kayla eventually got the Kaylan Wind Kick on Destiny and it connected with perfect precision. Kayla went for the cover. Jenni and Allison didn’t bother breaking up the pinfall. Enigma, however, did, much to their chagrin, and the match would continue. Eventually, Angelica got the Hot shot on Destiny. Right when she was about to go for the cover, Jenni slid in with one of the tag team titles and blasted Angelica right in the head in plain view of the referee! The fans would boo this, clearly unhappy with how this match would end. Allison went in and blindsided Kayla from behind. Destiny rolled to the ropes, knocked out by the Hot Shot. With all of the chaos going on, the referee had no choice but to call for the bell.]

WINNERS (by DQ): The Sisterhood

[Jenni, Allison and Enigma all jumped in and attacked Angelica and Kayla. Jenni brought down Kayla with the Adora-Bomb! Allison took down Angelica with a shining wizard. Enigma then brought a couple of chairs into the picture as Jenni and Allison continued to beat down the Sisterhood. Destiny recovered somewhat as she lied in the corner and watched all of this unfold. Right when the chairs were going to be brought into play, Marie Jones ran down the ramp and into the ring. Marie went to Allison, who was punching Angelica in the face and pried her off of her mother. Allison was confused as Marie pulled Jenni off of Kayla. Marie instructed both of them to stop with the beating and kicked the chairs out of the ring. Marie went to check on Destiny, leaving the fans confused. Jenni, Allison and Enigma looked down at the Sisterhood as they safely rolled out of the ring, the fans realizing that the road to Resurrection was only getting started.]

[The show heads backstage and the crowd from inside of the arena can be heard booing slightly but strangely enough there’s some slight applause too as the camera shows Cody Lindberg-Knight walking towards a closed door. Uncharacteristically, he’s alone as he walks to the door and comes to a halt, Christy Hightower not with him as he raps on the wood and waits for the door to open. The door opens standing there is none other than former World Champion Chantelle Chambers, and she looks at Cody with a strange mix of emotions on her face; clearly she expected to see him, given they were teaming later in the night but she wasn’t so happy TO see him standing there, if the hint of a frown was anything to go by.]

Chantelle: “Cody… I should have known it was you, huh?”

[Cody nods]

Cody: “Tag partners tend to speak about their upcoming matches love, talking strategy and shit… but I think we need to address the elephant in the room first, don’t you?”

[Chantelle just sighs before turning and stepping back into the room. Cody heads in after her and the camera runs across the hall to get to the doorway before it closes shut, filming the scene from a gap in the doorway.]

Cody: “Look, I think we need to clear the air, don’t you?”

[Chantelle just gives Cody before sighing.]

Chantelle: “I think if anybody should be here to clear the air right now, it’s Christy. Where is she?”

Cody: “She had to make a couple of calls. Wedding stuff.”

Chantelle: “Fair enough… doesn’t change the fact that we should be having this conversation between the three of us.”

[Cody nods before taking a seat. Chantelle sits opposite him and looks at him expectantly.]

Cody: “I know she annoyed you the other day--”

[Chantelle cuts Cody off]

Chantelle: “Annoyed doesn’t come close to cutting it, Cody. Put yourself in my position; I woke up to find that Christy had been trashing me on twitter… if there was a problem, why the hell didn’t you just come to me with it?!”

Cody: “Hindsight is wonderful, ain’t it? Look live, whatever the issues, we’re teaming up tonight an’ we need to clear the air ‘cause we’re never gonna get this company to wake the fuck up wi’out picking up those victories, are we?”

[Chantelle just sighs before nodding her head.]

Cody: “Christy had concerns. You’ve addressed ‘em, you said yourself yesterday that you’re new to this lookin’ out for other’s thing. I get it, she gets it. Christy doesn’t trust easily, an’ when she sees you all ‘All Eyes On Me’ on twitter, it made her question whether you were invested in this association we’ve got goin’ on. Can’t say I blame her for questionin’ you love, but at the same time it were wrong of her to mention it on twitter an’ wrong of me to respond. We need to work through this though, ‘cause you an’ me BOTH know that we’re wrestlin’ fuckin’ royalty an’ we don’t deserve to be slummin’ it against the likes of Queen Mamba an’ Geneva Bell!”

Chantelle: “We’re former world champions, we deserve to be respected for that… but that doesn’t change the fact that you disrespected me too by talking about me instead of to me.”

Cody: “And that’s why I wanted to have this little conversation, love. I wanted to nip this in the bud before it got out’a hand as it were. Am sure Christy will have her say at some point an’ then we can move on but for what it’s worth, am sorry for my part in what happened the other day an’ I hope we can move past it.”

[Chantelle looks at Cody for several seconds, weighing him up before finally nodding her head.’

Chantelle: “Alright, apology accepted. And you know, I’m sorry too. Like I said on twitter yesterday, I’m new to this and sometimes I forget the fact that I’m not just promoting myself anymore. We all make mistakes so clean slate?”

[Cody smirks.]

Cody: “I’d rather start with a clean house… you and me beatin’ them two cunts an’ pickin’ up the win! Like I said; we’re wrestling royalty love. You’ve got Brod behind you, I’m a member of the fuckin’ KNIGHT family. We should be rulin’ the roost here on Shotgun, not watchin’ twatwaffle’s get everythin’ they want while we’re ignored. Look at Harker; she gets to cash in her championship knowin’ that she didn’t beat me to retain! Fuckin’ gravity screwed me outa that victory, it helped her arm land across my chest. It’s bullshit… but am not takin’ it lyin’ down. Tonight, we go out there an’ prove a point, yeah?”

[Chantelle joins Cody in smirking.]

Chantelle: “Tonight… it’s All Eyes On US!”

[Cody smiles and nods in agreement and with that the camera withdraws as the scene fades to black.]

[Shotgun fades into the backstage area where GCW Interviewer Janice King is standing by.]

Janice: Ladies and gentlemen, I am standing by with former GCW Television Champion… Adrian Waters!

[The scene pans revealing Adrian and the fans boo extremely loudly as he has a smug smirk on his face. He is definitely in a great mood tonight.]

Janice: Now, you’re not in action tonight, but needless to say, you have had an eventful week. Let’s talk about the fact that Clarissa Vega resigned as your manager and will no longer be appearing on Shotgun. Clearly, this is going to have some kind of impact on your career going forward. What do you make of all this?

Adrian: You’re a FOOL!

[Adrian laughs.]

Adrian: I don’t need Clarissa! At one time I did, but as time has gone on, she became an increasing nuisance. Good riddance, I say. The moment I realized she was an anchor was when you ended up pinning her a few weeks ago. How embarrassing! Clarissa was at one time, one of the best managers in the business, but somewhere along the way, she selfishly forgot about the Utopia mission. Why? Because she decided she wanted to take Andrea’s side? For what? I don’t understand how she thinks she can still manage Myra and Sedona Sky on Livewire since… oh I don’t know… the dumb cunt forgets that Utopia is STILL together? That’s Livewire business. As for Shotgun, let’s just say as far as Resurrection goes, I have plans…

Janice: Well, whether you like Clarissa or not, you have to admit that she DID provide an assist with your win over Axl Austin.

Adrian: Irrelevant. She was targeting me! What kind of manager tries to screw over her own client? I would have beaten Axl Austin with her, or without her and I’ll tell you why. Because unlike Axl, I am… A MAN! Unlike Axl… I am dating a REAL WOMAN, something he doesn’t have in Victoria since she decided to stoop to his level. Unlike Axl… I am a WRESTLER! A smart one at that! I beat Axl, and now it’s time for me to move on! I have my eyes set on the GCW World title and I am hoping to god Isabella goes to Livewire because now that I’m done with that skateboard bastard, I want his girlfriend at Resurrection! I’d love nothing more than to take that title from that overbearing bitch!

Axl: Oh really?

[Adrian is far from amused as Axl interrupts the interview.]

Axl: I wouldn’t be focusing on Vicky just yet. As far as I’m concerned, we’re not done yet! You stole one from me last week!

Adrian: No, we ARE done because I SAY we’re done! If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at Clarissa. I’ve proven everything I’ve needed to prove to you, now fuck off. Here, let me give you some cash so you can go to the strip club and get a better woman…

[Adrian reaches into his pocket to pull out some money, but Axl decks him right in the jaw! The fans explode with cheers as Adrian gets up from the shot. Axl attacks him and the two begin a brawl as Janice wisely scurries away. The brawl ends up in the hallway, with both of them exchanging blows and pinning each other against the wall at one point. Axl pins Adrian against the wall, but Adrian responds with a low blow! Adrian from here, gets the upper hand, bashing Axl’s head against a crate and tossing him around the hallway, constantly beating him against the wall. Adrian drags Axl to the catering area. Adrian tosses Axl off of a chair. Axl falls to the floor and Adrian drags a table to a larger table full of food. Adrian then drags Axl again to the table and places him on there. Adrian picks him up in the “Use Your Head” position, with the larger table, particularly a glass bowl of punch, in his sights.]

Adrian: NOW I’m going to finish you off!

[However, Adrian ends up stumbling on the table and letting go of Axl, as he was clipped from behind. The camera pans revealing he was clipped in the leg by… BROOKFORD!]

Brookford: Remember me?

[Axl slowly slides off the table, landing safely on the floor as Brookford drags Adrian to the floor, letting him fall face first on it. Adrian slowly gets up, seeing the smirking face of Brookford.]

Adrian: What the fuck? Nate… hey, listen…

[Adrian backs up near the wall as Brookford stalks him]

Adrian: We can talk about this… we can work this out. Let’s fix this problem!

[Brookford isn’t having it as he tackles him into the wall. Brookford starts pounding Adrian in the face. The fans cheer this before Brookford gives Adrian a hip toss sending him to the floor again. Adrian holds his jaw and back, clearly in pain! Adrian sees Axl standing in front of him. He turns around and sees Brookford behind him. Not wanting anything to do with this, Adrian runs away, drawing a smirk from Brookford.]

Axl: Coward…

[Axl looks angry as he stands by a smirking Brookford as the scene fades.]

Chantelle Chambers & Cody Lindberg Knight vs Queen Mamba & Geneva Bell

[This would prove to be some kind of grudge match with Chantelle wanting to teach Mamba a lesson, Mamba wanting to get some from Chantelle after she had been blindsided and eliminated at Civil War. However, Chantelle avoided Mamba as much as she could and as a result, Mamba mostly fought to the wire with Cody Lindberg-Knight, not that it made much of a difference as Mamba shined against the former world champion, culminating with bringing him down with a double knee backbreaker and scoring a pin attempt, leading to, of course, Chantelle breaking up the pin. Chantelle largely fought with Geneva Ball in this match, and Geneva tried to hold her own against Chantelle. But, Chantelle’s experience had her in control in places. Chantelle would take down Geneva with a hurricanrana and nearly get a pin before Geneva kicked out. Geneva had her moment with Chantelle when a sunset flip powerbomb nearly had her, but Cody broke it up. When Mamba finally got in there with Chantelle, it was the late stages of the match. Mamba wouldn’t let Chantelle breathe whatsoever, as she was even dominating her as she pounded her into the corner, taking the wind out of her. However, a desperate eye rake by Chantelle would turn the tide. Chantelle would bring down Mamba with a spinning heel kick and tag Cody in. For the next few minutes, they would constantly double team and wear down Mamba. The tide turned when Chantelle tried a seated senton on Mamba, but Mamba countered with a powerbomb! This turned the tide and both of them tagged in their respective partners. Cody and Geneva were evenly matched for a few minutes. Chantelle of course, got in there eventually. Two on one! Mamba came in to clothesline Chantelle and herself out of the ring and the two got caught up in a brawl on the outside. Geneva kicked Cody in the gut. She grabbed him by the head and wanted to attempt a tornado DDT. However, Cody punched her in the gut, and turned the tornado DDT around… INTERNATIONAL TREASURE!!! Geneva fall hard to the mat. On the outside, Chantelle threw Mamba into the steel steps while back in the ring, Cody covered Geneva for the three count to the fans’s chagrin!]

WINNERS: Cody Lindberg-Knight and Chantelle Chambers

[Cody stood up and immediately started to gloat about the win he just got while Chantelle Chambers went back inside the ring to celebrate with him. Cody and Chantelle really started to rub it into the faces of the fans as they booed them. Mamba recovered and pulled Geneva out of the ring and attended to her, while she looked back at Cody and Chantelle with a look of anger in her eyes at what had just went down. Chantelle turned to Mamba and taunted her, further fueling the fire between the two of them as Mamba was determined to let her know that this was far from over.]

Roderick Osborn is standing by, backstage, ready to begin his next interview.

Osborn: Joining me at this time... "The Golden Standard" Alexander Midas.

Midas walks into view, the ever-present smirk on his face in full effect.

Osborn: Alexander...

Midas: Mr. Midas to you.

Osborn: Mr. Midas, Civil War did not go off as you planned. First, you lost the double-elimination match...

Midas: No, Osborn, I got cheated out of that match. Prescott had a handful of my tights when she pinned me and that blind ref didn't even see it! by all rights, I should've won that match, because neither Prescott nor Redfield are anywhere close to my league! However, the past is the past, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm done with those nitwits. I am moving on to bigger and much better things!

Osborn: That would bring us to the Civil War Match itself... and, again, things didn't turn out to well for you.

This time, the smirk is wiped off Midas's face. He takes off his sunglasses and glares at Osborn.

Midas: Are you trying to piss me off, Osborn?

Osborn: No...

Midas: You had better not be, or it'll end up real bad for you, understand?

Osborn nods.

Midas: Good. To answer your idiotic question, however, yes, I didn't win the Civil War Match...because it took both those two bitches, Jazmyn Rain and Isabella Harker, to eliminate me! They couldn't do it by themselves, so they had to gang up on me! Whatever, that's the past and I'm looking to the future... and that future involves the World Heavyweight Title!

Osborn: It's no secret you've been campaigning Allison Mayberry for a World Title shot on Twitter...

Midas: Yes, and if she has an ounce of sense in her pretty little head, she'll do the right thing and give me what should rightfully be mine, and that's a shot at that big gold belt! She needs to realize that what is best for GCW is Alexander Midas at the top of the mountain, and that is Best for Business.

Osborn: And if she doesn't give you what you want?

Midas: ... Then I can make things REALLY uncomfortable around here.

Midas walks off.
[Karina Lysenko’s presence is booed as she is seen stalking the trainer’s room with the dented steel chair in her hands. She is spying on trainers who are attending to Sergei Chagev.]

Karina: Piece of shit…

[Karina pauses as she is clearly angry.]

Karina: Demote me back to the purgatory huh? I don’t think so! My career is NOT going back to what it was. I must destroy them all! I must finish the job! As soon as you’re alone, I am going to end your career you sick, useless DOG!

[Karina patiently waits for the doctors to leave Chagev alone, but little does the Ginger Nation member know that Emmanuel Dionisia is standing right behind her.]

Dionisia: Ahem.

[Karina is caught off guard as she turns around and sees Dionisia.]

Karina: What are you doing here? Leave me alone! This doesn’t concern you.

[Karina has a bit of a crazed look in her eyes as Dionisia grabs the chair and tries to snag it from her. Her eyes widen as the two have a tug of war over the chair!]

Karina: LET GO! You MONGREL!

[The tug of war continues over the chair until Karina lets go of it herself and low blows Dionisia. As Dionisia falls to the floor, Karina dropkicks the chair into his face and then he lets it go! Karina picks up the chair and the crazed look returns.]

Karina: You want to fuck with me? I was going to fuck up Sergei! I think I’ll fuck you up instead!

[Karina starts stabbing Dionisia in the gut with the chair and does so until she hears Dionisia gasp for air. Karina steps back as Dionisia manages to stand. Karina takes the chair and cracks it across the skull of Dionisia, busting him open! With the chair even further dented, Karina chucks it to the floor, having no more use for it. She grabs Dionisia by the head, putting him in a sleeper hold and dragging him down the hallway to a metal crate! She bounces his head off of a crate, causing it to pop open! She gets him up and stuffs him in the crate. She disappears for a bit before coming back with a glass case full of cockroaches.]

Karina: Go to hell, piece of shit!

[Karina dumps the live cockroaches in the crate and immediately closes and locks the crate shut, before she shoves it down the hallway and almost out of the arena before it crashes and hits another crate.]

Karina: If anyone should be “wrestling royalty”, it’s ME… a REAL WINNER!

[Karina laughs, enjoying how she just brutalized and humiliated the other half of Wrestling Royalty. She shows no remorse at all once the scene fades.]

Hannah Myers vs Alexander Midas

[This was a match of two people on very opposite ends of the confidence spectrum. Midas was highly confident, feeling like he had proven he deserves a shot at the world championship. Hannah on the other hand, was quite down on herself after the events of Civil War. As a result, Midas was largely in control for much of the match. Midas was in command, planting Hannah with moves like a spinebuster, a double underhook suplex, and a German suplex. Hannah would kick out when she had to, but she didn’t have too much of an answer to Midas’s submission game, as he constantly targeted the back with moves like a surfboard and a Boston crab. Hannah’s moves were largely of the defensive variety, and Midas, as the match went along, kept showing more and more why he deserved a shot at the world championship. Midas gave Hannah a back suplex. He got cocky and allowed her to stand, and even smacked her in the ass, laughing and toying with her. Hannah then got FURIOUS! A missed clothesline by Midas led to a Hannah rally and she went OFF, spearing Midas to the ground and choking him out as much as she could. Hannah got going with vicious moves like a spike DDT. She followed up with a top rope clothesline and a missile dropkick. Hannah even managed to hit the Flight of the Angel! The fans roared, thinking that Midas was about to fall in defeat...but Midas kicked out. The look on Hannah’s face told the story as she was clearly dejected. Hannah allowed Midas to eventually stand. Hannah reached in for a punch, but Midas kicked her in the gut, lifted her up and planted her in the center of the ring, snuffing out the rally and much to the dismay of the fans, getting the winning pinfall with Hannah having taken a bunch of offense earlier in the match.]

WINNER: Alexander Midas

[Midas immediately gloated as he got his hand raised and he spat in the direction of the laid out Hannah Myers, further pouring salt into the wound. Midas then began to gloat at all four corners of the ring as he signaled that he deserved a shot at the GCW World Championship. The announcers did note that Midas was impressive and he clearly deserved the win, but also noted that Hannah was definitely out of it for most of her match and that her confidence probably cost her in the end. This didn’t seem to matter to Midas, as he put a boot into Hannah’s face, AGAIN pouring salt into the wound, while he got his hand raised again. The crowd and the announcers gave him massive heat for this as he finally left the ring, signaling his desire to win the title and main event Resurrection.]

[Roderick Osburn stands backstage with a microphone in his hands.]

Roderick: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome at this time....Megan Pierce and Alice!

[Crowd cheers a bit as Megan Pierce walks into the screen with a smile on her face; sporting a light blue blazer and a black pencil skirt. Slowly, Alice is seen behind her, leaned up against the wall, keeping to herself.]

Roderick: Megan, tonight, your client here has a chance to become the GCW Television Champion as she takes on Nate Lawson. Now, no one...no one has really been able to get a read on Alice's thoughts or what she thinks or what goes through her mind. If you can, what is Alice thinking going into the biggest match of her career?

[Megan nods and goes to speak before suddenly, she feels Alice's hand clamp down on her right shoulder. This draws Megan's attention as she turns her head. Alice gives her a very focused and determined expression before she nods. Megan nods back to her. Alice then turns to Roderick in a respectful manner before walking past both Roderick and Megan. Roderick looks a bit befuddled as Megan smiles widely now.]

Megan: She's ready.

[Megan respectfully nods to Roderick before walking away as well. Roderick looks at the camera before looking at his mic, wondering what exactly just happened.

[Victoria Salinas is taking her final steps down the hallway. She’s since swapped out her casual attire for her wrestling attire as she appears to be somewhat nervous about this sudden meeting with Allison Mayberry. She gets to Allison’s office and sees that the door is wide open. Allison by chance happened to look up and see her.]

Allison: Vicky!

[Victoria doesn’t respond.]

Allison: Come in! I wanted to talk to you about something. It’s nothing horrible if that’s what you were thinking.

Victoria: No, I don’t have a reason to think such a thing. I am somewhat bemused knowing you suddenly want to see me.

[Victoria walks in, still somewhat nervous, but a little more confident. Allison stands up to meet her, thus, beginning their conversation.]

Victoria: So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?

Allison: Well, first off, congratulations on retaining the GCW World Championship last week against Julia Braddock in your Pure Rules match. THAT was definitely something!

Victoria: Thanks, Allison. It was.

Allison: It also proved you deserve to be the champion. After all, it’s the first GCW World title defense you’ve ever had without any shenanigans behind it whatsoever.

Victoria: Right, but what does that have to do with anything?

Allison: Well, last time you were world champion… you injured Cody Lindberg-Knight after you defended the title against him with no regards for his health…

[Victoria winces, obviously regretting it.]

Allison: You retained against Michael McKay by disqualification, you even got yourself disqualified against him once, you had a couple of no contests in there… yeah, there were some credibility issues, but when you beat Julia, you finally put a stop to that. I guess I wanted to say, as you’ve grown and evolved over the last two years, from THAT kind of champion, to what you are now, I’m very proud of you. You’re a testament to Shotgun, for sure. I know you weren’t the happiest after last year’s Resurrection, but you’ve turned a serious corner. I brought you in here to remind you of all this because Resurrection is coming up and I want you to focus more than ever. As the GCW World Champion, that’s what I expect out of you. That’s why I put Katherine across the ring from you tonight, because she reminds me much of you.

Victoria: Interesting…

Allison: She’s going to be REALLY hungry, Victoria, and you can expect the road to Resurrection for you to be filled with your toughest challenges yet, regardless of whether Isabella goes for the Global or the World championship. So, as this show’s champion, more than ever, I expect the best out of you, you understand me?

Victoria: Yeah, I do. I’m ready for Katherine. Still…

[Victoria takes a bit of a sentimental pause.]

Victoria: You think Isabella is going to choose the World title? I know Katherine reminds you of me, but Isabella… she reminds ME of me!

Allison: If she does choose the world title, Shotgun has a hell of a Resurrection main event on its hands. But focus on what you have to do tonight. Alright?

[Victoria nods.]

Victoria: I’ll be good to go, you can count on that, and you can count on my best on the road to Resurrection.

[From there, Victoria turns and leaves, focused on Katherine more than ever.]

Television Championship
Alice(?) vs Nate Lawson [champion]

[Nate Lawson’s next championship defense would be against a very game Alice. The two shook hands and this championship match would largely be a back and forth affair. Nate knew that he couldn’t overlook Alice, considering she had racked up a few impressive wins along the way so far, and his intuition was right on the money as the challenger clearly brought it. The beginning stages were largely even, with both wrestlers feeling each other out. But, the middle stages was the challenger displaying her potential. She would get the first pinfall of the match, after an enziguri, but Nate kicked out. Moves like a spinning forearm splash, a Tornado DDT and a Crescent Kick would also impress the audience and it seemed that perhaps, the TV Champion was out of his element. Alice locked in an Octopus Stretch on Nate. Nate after a couple of minutes used a modified armdrag to break out of the move and then it was HIS turn to be in command as the match went to the final stretches. While Nate had ran down Alice with a German suplex, tackled her with a shoulder block, pinned her down with a sit down powerbomb the challenger kicked out of and planted her with a scoop slam, the challenger definitely had some willpower left in her. Nate brought down Alice with a cradle suplex! He covered, but Alice was able to kick out. Clothesline… no! Spinning Heel Kick counter! Alice went for the pin, but Nate kicked out! Alice then went to the top rope, with the corkscrew moonsault plancha in mind. She went for it, but it proved to be a mistake as Nate dodged it! This mistake would ultimately prove to be the challenger’s undoing as Nate got her up and floored her to the mat with the Ultimate Spinebuster! The fans cheered this, knowing it would be over from here as Nate got the 3!]

WINNER (and STILL TV Champion): Nate Lawson

[The crowd knew that they had seen an impressive TV championship match between them and they greatly cheered both wrestlers for their efforts. Nate got up and would help Alice to a vertical base. Nate shook her hand, and a dazed Alice would then leave the ring and go up the ramp with Megan Pierce’s assistance. Nate would celebrate yet another successful TV title defense as the announce team wondered, with the successful defenses that Nate has racked up recently, if there was anyone on the roster that would be able to dethrone him at the rate he was going. Nate continued to celebrate another successful defense with the crowd in attendance.]

Hannah Myers can be seen just outside of the arena following her loss to Alexander Midas. She is back in her street clothes, with her blonde hair still wet from her shower and her gym bag slung over her shoulder. She seems to be waiting for a taxi and the look on her face is one of defeat. She is so caught up in her own thoughts, that she jumps when she hears a voice speak from right beside her.

Man: "You're not staying for the rest of the show?"

Hannah looks over and shakes her head. The man she looks at is in his 60's with gray hair, and is wearing a suit. While he hasn't been seen on GCW television before, long-time wrestling fans may recognize this man as promoter Pete Floyd. Hannah obviously knows him, as she addresses him by name.

Hannah: "Pete? What are you doing here? I thought the GCW job fell threw when Donovan Kayl sold his shares to Dr. Henry?"

Pete: "It did. But, I also have an arrangement with Henry. Frankly Hannah, I've been away from the ring too long. Five years doesn't sound like a long time, but I'm not ready for retirement. You probably don't know this, but I started out in pro wrestling in the late 80's as a manager."

Hannah: "No, I didn't know that."

Pete smirks.

Pete: "I enjoyed managing, but obviously, when the opportunity to climb up the corporate ladder presented itself to me, I jumped at it."

Hannah: "Of course. I don't mean to be rude..."

Pete puts up a hand to politely interrupt Myers.

Pete: "Just give me a couple more minutes. I promise I'll get to the point soon."

Hannah: "Okay, sorry."

Pete: "Don't be. Anyhow, some of my best years were those early ones when I managed. Don't get me wrong, I had a great run in Florida, as well as other promotions before that...and those jobs paid me quite well. So, to make a long story short, I don't have to run a promotion. I can afford to go back to manging...and Dr. Henry has given me that chance. All I have to do is find a wrestler who wishes to take me on."

Hannah: "Okay...umm...is anyone interested?"

Floyd shrugs.

Pete: "I'm not sure yet. I do know that I found someone who I would like to represent. She has a load of talent but has hit a rough patch."

Hannah: "You're not talking about me? I'm a lost cause."

Pete smiles.

Pete: "I am and you're not a lost cause. I knew it at Civil war...I came the whole way to Japan to talk to you, Ms. Myers, so don't go thinking I'm saying any of this out of pity because I noticed you out here at the curb. Your brother is a two time Global Champion...I think it's time his little sister step up her game. Hannah, there is nothing wrong with your ring ability...you just need some direction and better representation than you've had to date. I believe I can be the one to give that to you."

Hannah: "I...I don't know what to say."

Pete: "Well don't say anything right now. Your taxi is pulling up now, anyhow. Go back to the hotel, get some sleep and think about it."

Pete goes into his suit jacket and presents a business card, which Hannah takes and tucks into her jeans.

Pete: "I'll be here in Japan until Wednesday. If I don't hear from you by Tuesday night, I'll know your answer. If you accept my offer, we'll get to work right away."

The taxi pulls up in front of the two and Pete opens the back door for Hannah. She starts for the car, but turns to Pete before settling in.

Hannah: "Thank you. I'll think about it and let you know either way."

Pete nods and once Hannah is in the car, he shuts the door. The taxi pulls away and Pete watches it disappear into traffic. The scene fades.

Katherine Prescott is stretching backstage, getting ready for her match with Victoria Salinas later on tonight. Just then, Janice King makes an appearance.

Janice: Excuse me, Katherine?

Katherine stops her stretching routine, and smiles at Janice.

Katherine: Oh, hi Janice... I'm guessing you want some comments about my match later?

Janice: If you don't mind.

Katherine: Not at all, fire away.

Janice: Well, let's get right to it. Before we talk about your match later, let's talk about Civil War. You had a very good showing for yourself at the show, beating both Alexander Midas and Jason Redfield in the double-elimination triple-threat match. You also did very well in the Civil War Match itself. How are you feeling, with Civil War now behind you?

Katherine: Well... proud, but not content, though. I mean, beating both Alexander Midas and Jason Redfield in consecutive falls, then holding up in the Civil War Match... I feel a lot of pride in that. However, that was then, this is now... and tonight, I have an even bigger test in front of me. Tonight I face the GCW World Champion herself, Victoria Salinas. I gotta be honest, Janice... I think I have even bigger butterflies in my stomach, than I did at Civil War.

Janice: Understandable, with an athlete the caliber of Victoria.

Katherine: Funny thing, I've talked with some of my friends about this, and they don't understand the nerves, as the World Titles not on the line. That's the thing, I'm not thinking about that... I'm thinking about the fact that I'm stepping into the ring with, quite possibly, the best wrestler on the Shotgun brand. If I can beat Victoria, that would likely put me in line for a future World Title shot. In essence, this match is career-defining for me.

Janice: What happens if you don't beat her?

Katherine: Then I go to the back of the line. If I can't beat her, next person up, that's wrestling... but let me be clear, if Victoria beats me, she'll have to earn it. I'm going to throw everything that I have into this match. Win or lose, she'll know she was in a war. I respect Victoria, but that respect will have to go by the wayside if I want to win.

Janice: Changing subjects for a moment... are your issues with Jason Redfield done? He's been on Twitter, and his words don't make it seem like they are.

Katherine: *Sighs* I can't worry about Jason Redfield right now, Janice. My focus is on this match... but if he still wants to come after me, whatever. I'll deal with it when it happens. For now, though, the only thing on my mind is Victoria Salinas.

Janice: Thank you for your time, Katherine. Best of luck.

Katherine: *Nods* Thank you, Janice.

Katherine Prescott vs Victoria Salinas

[This match would “start” with some controversy as JASON REDFIELD attacked Katherine Prescott as she was making her entrance down the ramp. Jason stomped and kicked her into the barricade for a minute or so and strangled her for a bit. Jason grabbed Katherine and tossed her hard into the steel steps. Jason had a smirk on his face, looking to do more damage, but GCW World Champion Victoria Salinas ran down the ramp to prevent any more shenanigans. Jason booked it through the crowd as Victoria and the referee helped Katherine get up. Katherine though, still wanted to fight the match. Victoria asked if she was sure, and Katherine nodded. They ended up back in the ring and the bell rang. Victoria seemed hesitant, not wanting to have a cheap win, but that hesitance is the opening Katherine took and she was incredibly impressive in this match. In the opening, she was in control, really taking it to the world champion. Katherine had pinfall attempts after a Pele kick, a hurricanrana facebuster, and a Northern lights suplex, but Victoria would manage to kick out of all of them. A missed moonsault gave Victoria her opportunity and she would even things up. Knowing she had to ground Katherine, she relied on her technical prowess. Submissions like the Cloverleaf and a surfboard stretch put Katherine in a bind. In addition, Victoria had her pinned after a Russian legsweep, a Fisherman’s suplex and an STO, but Katherine kicked out of all of them in kind. Victoria knew Katherine was on her A+ game at this point. Busaiku knee! Yet, Katherine STILL kicked out. Victoria hit it again, this time to the gut. She stepped through the ropes. Burning Desire… NO! Katherine stepped back and the springboard facebuster missed! Victoria got up… KDS! Katherine to the top… STARFALL PRESS! The fans went nuts, Katherine thinking she had the upset… but VICTORIA KICKED OUT!!!! Katherine was stunned, but she kept her composure. She hooked the arms, looking for the Katherine’s pride, but Victoria countered, broke free, kept a hold of Katherine’s wrists and countered with the GINGER BREAKER! Victoria, confident she had it, hooked the leg, but KATHERINE KICKED OUT! Victoria couldn’t believe it! Victoria got Katherine up, another Busaiku knee to the gut. She stepped through the ropes again, springboard facebuster attempt. BURNING DESIRE CONNECTS! An exhausted champion turned Katherine over and pinned her shoulders for the cover, the fans cheering as Victoria finally got the three!]

WINNER: Victoria Salinas

[Victoria got to her knees, clutching her stomach and understandably looking exhausted as Katherine gave her a bigger fight than even she expected, especially considering the assault from Redfield beforehand. The referee brought her the title, but Victoria was more concerned about Katherine’s well being as she checked on her. She slowly got up after realizing she was going to be fine and the referee handed her the title. The broadcast team praised Victoria for her hard fought win, but noted that Katherine REALLY brought it and nearly got the win, all the more impressive considering the pre-match circumstances beforehand. After Victoria left, Katherine got to her knees and received an appreciative cheer from the fans.]

Backstage…

GCW Interviewer Samuel Price can be seen standing alongside Isabella Harker, the GCW X-Division Champion and the winner of the Civil War match just one week ago.

Price: “Isabella Harker, just one week removed from your victory in the Civil War match, guaranteeing you a shot at the World or Global Championship in the main event of Resurrection, how do you feel?”

Isabella laughs a bit, shaking her head.

Harker: “It’s still just so surreal. You know, I spent way too much time being told I wasn’t going to succeed on my own merits, that I needed help – be it from authority figures or people who actually bought in to that crap. There will always be people trying to talk you down… trying to tell you that you can’t… trying to take credit for what you do. But this time… Civil War… that was me. I did that!”

Price nods his head in agreement.

Price: “And have you made your decision as to which Champion – Victoria Salinas or Timothy Myers – you’re going to be challenging?”

Harker: “I have… and I’m going to tell the world after my match tonight. And before we get into that business… I have some leftover business as it pertains to this…”

She pats the X-Division Championship belt wrapped around her waist.

Harker: “We all know what happened at the end of my title defense against Cody Lindberg-Knight. We know that he isn’t going to go away quietly into the night either. And he shouldn’t. If our positions were reversed, I’d be saying the exact same thing – although I’m not convinced he would be. That’s the difference between Cody and I – I’m saying it because it’s right. He’s saying it because it would benefit him. But what I’m saying is I want to give him a rematch… an opportunity to make things right. And when I beat him THEN, that’s it.”

Price: “And tonight? You have the former World Champion, Julia Braddock.”

Harker nods.

Harker: “I do… Julia and I, we have history. We were both held under thumb in Camelot. We were both part of the Republic that ultimately defeated that same group. Our careers since then have taken a different trajectory. Mine, admittedly, has been a slower rise, but tonight, we compete as… equals.”

Price: “Julia may feel differently.”

Harker: “Maybe, but Julia needs to remember that I’m not the kind who takes shortcuts. I’m going to earn my way. And if that includes defeating her here tonight in Yokohama…”

The hometown crowd roars from the stands…

Harker: “Then that is what I will do.”

Harker walks off the scene. We fade…

Main Event:
Isabella Harker vs Julia Braddock

[The Civil War winner taking on a former World Champion and with one looking to prove herself worthy of Resurrection’s main event and the other looking to find her way back into the world title picture, this definitely had all the ingredients of one heck of a main event and that’s exactly what this would be as Harker and Braddock were back and forth throughout. There was no clear advantage early on, with both matching each other’s technical abilities pound for pound. Isabella had a Boston crab, but Julia would get to the ropes. Julia had a cobra clutch locked in, but Isabella broke out of it with a modified headlock takeover. Isabella had a cross armbreaker locked on, but Julia was able to punch her way out of it. Julia had a sleeper hold locked in, but Isabella was able to elbow her way out of the hold and pin Julia back into a corner. Punches would be exchanged and so would moves that nearly won the match for both. Isabella nearly had it after a second rope suplex, but Julia rolled the shoulder out at two. Julia would come back with a missile dropkick, but Isabella kicked out. Isabella brought down Julia with a running bulldog, but Julia kicked out. Julia was confident that she might have it after the Excelsis Dio, but Isabella kicked out of that too. Isabella tried to lock in the Beastly Bindings, but Julia powered out of it. Julia blasted Isabella in the head with a hard forearm and dragged her to the corner. She stood on the second rope. QUEEN’S RANSOM CONNECTS! Julia confidently had the cover, but Isabella grabbed the bottom rope at the last second! Julia was visibly frustrated, thinking she had it won there. Julia angrily grabbed Isabella and dragged her to the center of the ring. Julia was about to mock Glory Braddock and send a message to her with the Glorification. However, Isabella shoved her away at the last moment. Julia stumbled away. Julia turned around, right back to Isabella who vaulted her in the air… STAKE!!!!! Isabella drilled the Stake to the heart of the former GCW World Champion with just about perfect precision! The fans greatly cheered for this as Isabella turned over Julia, pinned her shoulders to the mat, and got the inevitable three count, securing a HUGE win over the former World Champion!]

WINNER: Isabella Harker

[The fans are roaring quite loudly as Isabella stands up to get her hand raised. But, she's not having it for too long as she requests a microphone. The referee complies with her request as he hands her a microphone. Julia is helped out of the ring, the fans cheering louder anticipating her announcement as she begins to speak.]

Isabella: Needless to say, Civil War was the night of my career... so far! But, I know that it can get even better and at Resurrection, I promise you all that it WILL get better. For the last week, I've had to think about this tough decision. I could stay here on Shotgun, challenge for the world championship, possibly against Victoria Salinas. Or, I could do what Victoria did two years ago. For those that don't remember, when she won Civil War, she left Livewire and came to Shotgun, challenged my "good friend" Cody Lindberg-Knight for the world title, and she won at Resurrection. I won't lie. I have been tempted to go to Livewire and go for that Global title. But Shotgun has been my home for so long. Do I stay? Do I make the jump? It was a tough decision...

[Isabella is unaware that Alexander Midas has just snuck in through the crowd...]

Isabella: But at the end of the day, I have decided that I am going to challenge for...

[Isabella doesn't get to say a word as Midas gives her a lariat from behind, causing the crowd to boo! As Isabella gets up, Midas is making it very clear to the fans that he doesn't care who she's challenging, that HE and ONLY HE deserves a world title shot at the main event of Resurrection! Isabella gets up and Midas gives her a back suplex! Midas then stomps the Civil War winner repeatedly until he has her in the corner. Isabella is struggling to breathe as Midas gives her a running boot to the head. Midas pulls Isabella away from the corner and to the center of the ring. He's about to set up for the Golden Rule, but Victoria Salinas comes bolting down the ramp. Midas puts Isabella down, and at that moment, Victoria starts punching him right in the face, causing Midas to stagger. Midas shoves Victoria away and quickly bolts from the ring. He backs up the ramp, smirking, saying "not tonight" as he signals he wants a world title shot. Victoria checks on Isabella as she helps her up to her feet.]

Victoria: You okay?

Isabella: Yeah...

[Victoria walks back to the ropes, staring down Midas as he keeps backing up the ramp with a smirk on his face. He walks through the curtains, an angry Victoria looking all the way, making sure he stays out of the ring. Behind her, Isabella picks up the microphone again, rubs her neck, and composes herself.]

Isabella: I'm glad you came out here, Victoria... even under the most fortuitous of circumstances.

[Victoria turns around to look at Isabella, clearly unaware of what's happening.]

Isabella: It means so much to me that you are out here as I announce that at Resurrection... I am coming for YOUR GCW World Championship!

[The crowd erupts with cheers as Victoria's eyes widen in surprise a bit, clearly caught off guard by it. Isabella puts down the microphone and stands in the center of the ring. Victoria soaks in the announcement for a few seconds before walking a bit closer to her. There's a bit of a small staredown between the two, Isabella looking determined as ever, Victoria still trying to let the announcement sink in... as Shotgun goes off the air!]